Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > OOC > General Board

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan New Character...
Last post by blxze.
Today 05:03 PM
Spring Egg Hunt 2024
Last post by TheNyanCatMinecart
Today 05:00 PM
|`Ollie's Territory`|...
Last post by *_Athena_*
Today 04:58 PM
Q & A! (With my...
Last post by *_Athena_*
Today 04:55 PM

Old December 6th, 2017, 02:08 PM
Falling In

My Mood: Thirsty

Default Re: Series and Movies Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaFlower View Post
Oh, yeah, I'm not really fond of live-action stuff.

Monster inside me sounds like something I'd watch though ! I love that kind of stuff ! (For, hem, scientific purposes.)

I tried to give arrow a shot ... but ... I didn't really get interested.

And of course I also watch the Dragons series, as well as the first movie.

As for the rest, I never heard of it, 'cept the Bill Nye one.

Oh, I'm planning on watching the new Star Wars with my father when it comes out !

Also I try to watch every Avengers/Marvel movies (when they come out)with my best friend whenever we can make it.

I can't relate for the Harry Potter stuff, as I've never read a single book or seen a single movie in my life.

(Also, I'm really not in the place to judge anyone because they watch "cheesy" things )

Why do you hate anime though ? I mean, I'm not a huge fan of it, and to me they're just japanese cartoons, so I never got that whole "culture" around it, though it can be fun sometimes, but I wonder how one can "hate" anime altogether ?
I guess I hate it cause I'm sick of hearing about it...it's all my friends ever go on about and when I say anything bad about it or don't understand something, they yell at me...and I think it's a bit over rated to be honest...not a fan of K-pop either...I mean I have nothing against Japan...
Old December 6th, 2017, 02:32 PM
It's a double rainbow

My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWarrior4Life View Post
I guess I hate it cause I'm sick of hearing about it...it's all my friends ever go on about and when I say anything bad about it or don't understand something, they yell at me...and I think it's a bit over rated to be honest...not a fan of K-pop either...I mean I have nothing against Japan...
Wow, um ... I mean, I had friends who kept on talking about anime (and vocaloids, though I liked -still like- vocaloids) but they actually were nice to me about things I didn't understand at the time, or when I said something was not my cup of tea, or plain stupid ...

And, yeah, anime can be seen as overrated when you have nitpicks everywhere saying "It's an anime ! Not a cartoon !" or downvoting anything that is animated, but not anime, because it's "not japanese so it is automatically bad." ... though they are rare cases.
After all, each and every thing in the world has its worse people ...
Oh, and, do your friends know about ProZD ? He is actually an "otaku", or so I think, but some of his skits make jabs at flawed and/or overused anime tropes, and it's hilarious. I wonder if your friends would yell at him too ...

As for me, I still haven't listened to K-Pop as I'm not interested, but that same friend that introduced me to "modern" anime does.
I know there's a group called BTS, and their fanbase is at constant war with another group's fanbase, though that's the only thing I got from that so far x)

Last edited by PeaFlower; December 6th, 2017 at 02:33 PM.
Old December 6th, 2017, 02:36 PM
Falling In

Quote:
Wow, um ... I mean, I had friends who kept on talking about anime (and vocaloids, though I liked -still like- vocaloids) but they actually were nice to me about things I didn't understand at the time, or when I said something was not my cup of tea, or plain stupid ...

And, yeah, anime can be seen as overrated when you have nitpicks everywhere saying "It's an anime ! Not a cartoon !" or downvoting anything that is animated, but not anime, because it's "not japanese so it is automatically bad." ... though they are rare cases.
After all, each and every thing in the world has its worse people ...
Oh, and, do your friends know about ProZD ? He is actually an "otaku", or so I think, but some of his skits make jabs at flawed and/or overused anime tropes, and it's hilarious. I wonder if your friends would yell at him too ...

As for me, I still haven't listened to K-Pop as I'm not interested, but that same friend that introduced me to "modern" anime does.
I know there's a group called BTS, and their fanbase is at constant war with another group's fanbase, though that's the only thing I got from that so far x)
No they haven't...but they like someone called CDawgVA ???

Also, don't even mention BTS to me...I have one...aquaintence/friend kind of that loves them and they're trying to get one of my other best friends into it and they've nearly succeeded so I'm trying to prevent it spreading...I sound cruel OMG...
Old December 6th, 2017, 03:01 PM
'No Ones Better Than You'

Quote:
No they haven't...but they like someone called CDawgVA ???

Also, don't even mention BTS to me...I have one...aquaintence/friend kind of that loves them and they're trying to get one of my other best friends into it and they've nearly succeeded so I'm trying to prevent it spreading...I sound cruel OMG...
I like BtS, vocalid, and most Asian pop groups.
It's slightly rude to call something a disease because you don't like it. It's the equivalent of calling something cancer.

Site Finder
Pet's name: Stardust ❤︎

Just Dm me.
I have a tumblr
Momotaro245.

- Currently -
i will reply weekends
Old December 6th, 2017, 04:11 PM
Dragon of fire

My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Oh, yeah, I'm not really fond of live-action stuff.

Monster inside me sounds like something I'd watch though ! I love that kind of stuff ! (For, hem, scientific purposes.)

I tried to give arrow a shot ... but ... I didn't really get interested.

And of course I also watch the Dragons series, as well as the first movie.

As for the rest, I never heard of it, 'cept the Bill Nye one.

Oh, I'm planning on watching the new Star Wars with my father when it comes out !

Also I try to watch every Avengers/Marvel movies (when they come out)with my best friend whenever we can make it.

I can't relate for the Harry Potter stuff, as I've never read a single book or seen a single movie in my life.

(Also, I'm really not in the place to judge anyone because they watch "cheesy" things )

Why do you hate anime though ? I mean, I'm not a huge fan of it, and to me they're just japanese cartoons, so I never got that whole "culture" around it, though it can be fun sometimes, but I wonder how one can "hate" anime altogether ?
monster inside me is good in fact im watching it now just dont watch at night. its on animal plant its about parasite invading the human body.

So did they bury you?
i done mind being brothered but be warned i will rant.
Old December 6th, 2017, 04:25 PM
It's a double rainbow

My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledragon0625 View Post

monster inside me is good in fact im watching it now just dont watch at night. its on animal plant its about parasite invading the human body.
Yeah I saw that.
Oh, I could watch it at night, I'm not squirmish about these kinds of things.
And actually, I might already know a lot of parasites they talk about ^^"

Old December 6th, 2017, 04:29 PM
Dragon of fire

My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Yeah I saw that.
Oh, I could watch it at night, I'm not squirmish about these kinds of things.
And actually, I might already know a lot of parasites they talk about ^^"
that cool!and most of the show a mentioned are on Netflix

So did they bury you?
i done mind being brothered but be warned i will rant.
Old December 6th, 2017, 05:00 PM
Open to RP Whenever

My Mood: In Love

Quote:
Same. I don’t really like anime because all of my friends talk about it and it gets annoying after awhile. Japan has interesting culture but I’m not a fan of anime....
Old December 6th, 2017, 07:44 PM
lover of science and cats

My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Aaaalright ... right now my mind is kinda blank for recommandations ... I mean, there's kind of a ravine between Death Note and Yuri!!! on Ice/Hetalia ... so for anime I think I'm not going to come up with anything ...

But if you could ... in the cartoon division I'd say Gravity Falls if you haven't watched it yet. Though you only watched 3 eps of Supernatural ... then again I never watched a single ep myself, so yeah ...

I mean, it's interesting, it's light-hearted, yet you still feel like watching it. (Especially in season 2. First eps of season 1 ... not so much ...) Though it's fairly well known so I guess you could review critics and stuff to see if you'd like it or not.
It's a Disney cartoon, with elements of supernatural stuff, and a big conspiracy and lots of other secrets ... well I don't want to spoil anything in case you'd want to watch it one day, but if you want to risk it ...

The villain we thought was just kinda minor is actually major, and the twins' great uncle had kept secret a transdimentionnal portal that he tried to rebuild in hopes of bringing back his long lost [...] from the very beginning.

And if you've already seen GF, maybe try looking up Over the Garden Wall ?

As for movies ... did you watch the Dreamworks ones ?
Like : Sinbad : Legend of the Seven Seas ?
Or The Road to El Dorado ?
Or Spirit : Stallion of the Cimarron ? (I really like this one.)
Or even The Prince of Egypt ?

And while staying on Disney, did you watch all of them ?
There's rather lesser known ones like The Emperor's New Groove, Treasure Planet, Atlantis : The Lost Empire, The Great Mouse Detective, The Rescuers, The Fox and the Hound ... and I'm sure I'm forgetting some ...

Otherwise ... I guess that's all for now, my mind wont come up with any other recommandations as of now ...
lol whoops this is a late-ish reply

hmmm, I've never actually watched GF; I've seen so many commercials about it + fanarts of it on deviantart + screenshots of the show and such,
but I've never actually sat down and watched an episode. I read through a couple of threads or something on deviantart about how people enjoy it.
haha i may try watching a couple of episodes of it one day to see how i like it, thanks!

as for disney, i've watched some lesser-known ones like the road to el dorado and the fox and the hound. i have the dvd for the atlantis movie downstairs in my basement but it's unopened,, i should really open and watch it one day, now that i think about it.

:: roleplayer of Halite- the former Dusk Syndicate Commander ::

Last edited by Gusty; December 6th, 2017 at 07:44 PM.
Old December 7th, 2017, 02:15 AM
Falling In

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~rattlesnake~ View Post

I like BtS, vocalid, and most Asian pop groups.
It's slightly rude to call something a disease because you don't like it. It's the equivalent of calling something cancer.
I never called it a disease???

What I meant by "spreading" is just I don't want all my friends to then get into that and it becomes popular in my school...I have enough trouble with anime already...