Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > StarClan

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Surprise!
Last post by Dark
Today 04:46 AM
Spring Egg Hunt 2024
Last post by Apollo.
Today 03:48 AM
[LF] kestrelpaw art
by Rose
Last post by Myling
Today 03:23 AM
Beachpaw's Training
Last post by Fawn
Today 02:53 AM
Rate the Avatar!
by blxze.
Last post by hermeswind
Today 02:31 AM

Old March 4th, 2024, 01:14 AM

My Mood: Dead

Default Stars They Came, But They Weren't Bright Enough

Coldamber watched the WindClan medicine den from her usual spot. Her ears twitched at the idea of speaking to Lightningstorm again. Last they'd spoken, she'd been Lightningpaw.
And a great deal had happened between now and then. She couldn't imagine her being happy to see the ancient Medicine Cat after all this time. But, she had knowledge to impart upon her, and her fatigue demanded she get it done now, before she opted to give herself a rest so that she wasn't constantly worrying that something else would once again distract her from visiting.
When Lightningstorm finally fell asleep, Coldamber hesitated. For the first time, she wasn't sure she wanted to visit one of her Medicine Cat's. Was she wrong for that?
She'd always been so happy and pleased to simply see them in the past, so why was it any different now? Was it just because of the time that had passed? Or was it because she'd purposefully drawn away from WindClan in an attempt to be impartial, only to now realize she'd simply been neglectful to Lightningstorm?
Was it negligence?
WindClan had a Medicine Cat, a trained one at that. Had she been so wrong to try to prioritize getting RiverClan on its paws each time a new healer failed? She was so tired.
There was too much going on. She wished time outside of StarClan would be more still, that the living would just slow down.
Blinking exhausted, amber eyes, she reluctantly tugged at Lightningstorm's consciousness to invite her up.

[ @Alchemist Kitsune ]

Add me on PokémonGo: K9WVBVJYJ

While I do not (currently) have any cats in the Clan's, I try to have at least a few role plays with my outsiders (Sedgestorm, Woollyfeather) and my StarClanner Coldamber. Most of my role plays until I feel well enough to keep up with sweeps will be related to Covenant of the Sky duties.
Old March 25th, 2024, 01:56 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

Default Re: Stars They Came, But They Weren't Bright Enough

| Lightningstorm |
Flock Together [Tier 3] - Inactive | Mind Reader - Active

It had been one of her more comfortable sleeps. The lack of dreams was a welcome respite from her usual nightmares. Even after Firestorm had taken to moving in with her into her den, the nightly horrors had continued for the most part. Twisted and morphed to tease her. Torment her with her current fears. Her guilt still carried. The one she felt becoming a burden now. Yet every now and then the tabby's presence was able to take it all away. Remove her worries until the morning came again.

The extra company caught the Abyssinian mix by surprise. Lapis hues opening not to find the beautiful tabby that had somehow both bullied and comforted her into becoming her mate - Firestorm's knack for such ways of talking for once not providing merely a laugh - but a different, familiar face. One she hadn't seen in so very long. Stars, it felt like it had been far longer than she'd even lived. The time before Cowtuft's exile just seemed like such a lifetime away now. And yet there was no joy in Lightningstorm's face when her tired gaze met Coldamber's, a scowl quick to form on her features. She remembered facts about her well enough by now. A former WindClanner who seemed to be more interested in the well being of the other clans - clans like ThunderClan - to be too bothered to visit her former clanmates. She had certainly been too bloody arsed to visit Cowtuft during the horrid events that lead to his exile... to his death. And now she dared show her face here?

"You..."

The word was spoken dejectedly as the medicine cat's eyes narrowed. She had spoken to StarClan after his fall from grace. After the rats in this worthless place had wanted to hunt him for fun and sport in the face of tragedy. A queen that had admitted to not having been someone of import in life - a baffling thought as far as Lightningstorm was concerned, having once believed StarClan to be free from the shackles of hierarchy - and a tom that had delivered news that had simultaneously been the best news she had ever received along with the vilest. It had been as though if StarClan couldn't get enough of pestering her after the fact. So why did this one have to approach her now?

@Abyssopelagic [Coldamber]

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old March 25th, 2024, 04:08 PM

My Mood: Dead

Default Re: Stars They Came, But They Weren't Bright Enough

Coldamber watched as the cogs in Lightningstorm's head turned. Though no words were spoken, she knew what was going through the others head.
How dare you.
How dare, how dare, how dare you come back.
How dare you have ever left.

She watched the contempt form across the younger's face and equally tired eyes gazed back at the Medicine Cat. Unlike Cowtuft's successor, her face had not the energy to twist into a mask that reflected her emotions.
Never happy.
No one was ever happy with her, or what she did.
Always told she was never doing enough.
Always alone, but never considered how much she was always trying and doing for others.
Always for everyone but herself.

[B]"Yes,"[B] her voice was deceptively soft, but rang with assuredness in the still, dead air around them. "Me."
There was no mockery in her tone, though no doubt it came across as such to the undeniably young lady in front of her.
For a moment, she simply stared back at the calico, as if somehow expecting her to have a response. The pause was long enough, she parted her lips once again, her mouth slightly ajar as she thought of her words. What to say.
She could not be as soft with Lightningstorm as she had been with Springlight. Approaching soft meant approaching indirectly, and she doubted she would stick around for indirectness.

[B]"Well, I've no doubt you wish for me to address the wolf in the den. You want to know why I was gone so long.
Why I didn't warn you of...."[B]
She stopped, and her face finally tightened, her nose unintentionally crinkling.
"And I do not have a reason that you will like. All I have is the truth, that I was elsewhere, busy with the matters of other Clan's."
And that was why she was so mad at her, right?
That she had shed the expectation of being loyal to one Clan only, in death, and that she no longer saw a reason for her to discriminate in who she helped.
Why have the freedom if you weren't to use it?

No one else did.

No one else would.

And as always, it was just her. It was just her trying to fix everything at once, and because no one else was trying to pick up the pieces, she was the one that received the harsh words and judgement when no others showed their face.
Oh, it was always her Clanmates ready to lay down the first strike. Always ready to cast words and judgement without thinking.
It was what had happened to Cowtuft, too. Wasn't it?
But she was not sure if she could blame them. Was it treason or was it negligence?
In the end, she supposed it didn't matter.
Cats were dead.

It was his fault.

It was her fault, too.

She'd trusted him with her Clan, thought he'd take care of those she once loved with all her heart. She'd been wrong.
And her Clan had paid the price for her complacency and willingness to trust.
"I thought you were good for him. I thought, with the two of you.... That you wouldn't need me to check in as often. I had trusted... That you two were skilled enough and worked together well enough that I could focus on those who did not have competent healers."
She clenched her jaw, preparing for another spout of words telling her why she should have, should have, should have known better.
Why she should always know everything, all at once, and all of the time.
Why she was not allowed to ever fall victim to error.

That she should only.

Ever.

Be.

Perfect.

[ @Alchemist Kitsune ]

Add me on PokémonGo: K9WVBVJYJ

While I do not (currently) have any cats in the Clan's, I try to have at least a few role plays with my outsiders (Sedgestorm, Woollyfeather) and my StarClanner Coldamber. Most of my role plays until I feel well enough to keep up with sweeps will be related to Covenant of the Sky duties.