Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > ShadowClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
..••°°forest's chaotic art...
by forest
Last post by forest
Today 08:50 PM
Judge, Jury, and...
by Mica
Last post by Mica
Today 08:47 PM
WindClan Nursery
by Ian
Last post by Desert Rain Frog
Today 08:47 PM
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by rubberRatroom
Today 08:43 PM
Helping & Healing Paws [...
by Omari
Last post by furrensic
Today 08:40 PM

Old October 15th, 2017, 10:15 AM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by ✨Blue Wishes✨ View Post

Goldenstar nodded, somewhat proud of Nightpaw. He didn’t hear of Kittypets doing that very often, and that made him smile. She really did seem fit for the life of a warrior, however, he would just have to see where this took him. “That sounds enough like that warriors do,” he said, nodding. “You’re not with Skunkbelly anymore,” he added, “You’re going to learn now.” He finished, looking around. “Take in the scents around you,” He said after a moment, as he was proceeding to start Nightpaw’s lesson. The way he had phrased it sounded kind of stupid, but hey, it worked, waiting for Nightpaw now.
Nightpaw smiled at the statement that she would be learning now. Goldenstar would be a great mentor. She could already tell. She closed her eyes, parted her jaws, and breathed in the forest scents around her. "I smell the pine trees," she said out loud, admiring the sticky, sweet, rich scent she'd grown to enjoy. "It's pretty strong," she admitted, "It's kind of hard to smell beyond it." Then all at once, Nightpaw sat up, alert and opened her eyes. Keeping her jaws parted, she continued to sniff as she meandered to the side. There was something here that she had smelled some time ago. The smell had wafted into the medicine den from the clearing as she lay i the medicine den. She could detect little traces of the scent, along the ground here and there, and then at the base of a tree. She rested her a forepaw against the trunk and sniffed at the bark. "Something was here," she said with certainty. I don't know what it was, but it smells warm and a little... muster?"

Old October 15th, 2017, 11:16 AM
:)

My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
Nightpaw smiled at the statement that she would be learning now. Goldenstar would be a great mentor. She could already tell. She closed her eyes, parted her jaws, and breathed in the forest scents around her. "I smell the pine trees," she said out loud, admiring the sticky, sweet, rich scent she'd grown to enjoy. "It's pretty strong," she admitted, "It's kind of hard to smell beyond it." Then all at once, Nightpaw sat up, alert and opened her eyes. Keeping her jaws parted, she continued to sniff as she meandered to the side. There was something here that she had smelled some time ago. The smell had wafted into the medicine den from the clearing as she lay i the medicine den. She could detect little traces of the scent, along the ground here and there, and then at the base of a tree. She rested her a forepaw against the trunk and sniffed at the bark. "Something was here," she said with certainty. I don't know what it was, but it smells warm and a little... muster?"
“You’ll get used to the pine,” Goldenstar said, as he could barely smell it anymore. It smelled like normal air to him, not like pine and sap and all that good stuff. As he saw Nightpaw perk up, he was a little unnerved for a moment, but slowly calmed down and waited to see what the apprentince had scented. He followed her slowly, waiting for what she would say, taking in scents of the air as he went along as well. “Go on...?” He said, as Nightpaw found something. He was just waiting for the time being. Anything could happen right now with Nightpaw, and he was just waiting to see what would happen, and what Nightpaw would do.
Old October 15th, 2017, 11:39 AM
Sigh...

Quote:

“You’ll get used to the pine,” Goldenstar said, as he could barely smell it anymore. It smelled like normal air to him, not like pine and sap and all that good stuff. As he saw Nightpaw perk up, he was a little unnerved for a moment, but slowly calmed down and waited to see what the apprentince had scented. He followed her slowly, waiting for what she would say, taking in scents of the air as he went along as well. “Go on...?” He said, as Nightpaw found something. He was just waiting for the time being. Anything could happen right now with Nightpaw, and he was just waiting to see what would happen, and what Nightpaw would do.
Nightpaw hesitated, not sure what else Goldenstar could be wanting. Nervously, she inhaled the scent deeply, letting it linger on her scent glands. "The first time I smelled this, it was coming from the clearing, and it smelled a lot stronger. This time, it's really faint, even though I'm right here..." Nightpaw thought it over, and her mind when back to her kittypet days. She remembered how in different spots in her twoleg's den, the scent was fainter in some places. They didn't spend all that much time in the attic, so it was always the faintest there. That's when it hit her. "This must be an old scent. Whatever this was, it hasn't been here for a while," she sniffed again. "At least a few days." The black shecat looked at her mentor with wide eyes, "Am...am I right?" she asked, astonished by the possibility that she may have actually figured all of that out.

Old October 15th, 2017, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Nightpaw hesitated, not sure what else Goldenstar could be wanting. Nervously, she inhaled the scent deeply, letting it linger on her scent glands. "The first time I smelled this, it was coming from the clearing, and it smelled a lot stronger. This time, it's really faint, even though I'm right here..." Nightpaw thought it over, and her mind when back to her kittypet days. She remembered how in different spots in her twoleg's den, the scent was fainter in some places. They didn't spend all that much time in the attic, so it was always the faintest there. That's when it hit her. "This must be an old scent. Whatever this was, it hasn't been here for a while," she sniffed again. "At least a few days." The black shecat looked at her mentor with wide eyes, "Am...am I right?" she asked, astonished by the possibility that she may have actually figured all of that out.
Goldenstar listened to the apprentince quietly, hoping he hadn’t stressed her out too much. He knew what it was like, feeling like other cats expected a lot more of you. He didn’t like the feeling, and he didn’t really feel like anyone else liked the feeling either. “Yes, you’re correct,” he nodded, smiling. “Now, could you follow the scent?” He asked. Tracking was an important part of hunting, so, well, Nightpaw would need to know that as well, along with everything else when it comes to hunting. He just waited now, ready to follow the apprentince, with wherever she went next, silently taking in the scent now.
Old October 15th, 2017, 01:52 PM
Sigh...

Quote:

Goldenstar listened to the apprentince quietly, hoping he hadn’t stressed her out too much. He knew what it was like, feeling like other cats expected a lot more of you. He didn’t like the feeling, and he didn’t really feel like anyone else liked the feeling either. “Yes, you’re correct,” he nodded, smiling. “Now, could you follow the scent?” He asked. Tracking was an important part of hunting, so, well, Nightpaw would need to know that as well, along with everything else when it comes to hunting. He just waited now, ready to follow the apprentince, with wherever she went next, silently taking in the scent now.
"Follow the scent?" Nightpaw repeated, she sniffed the tree again, and stood on her hind paws, stretching as high up as she could go as she drank in the scent. "It might have gone up this tree," she said, "or..." putting her nose to the ground, she traced over the patched of scent she had traced before. The scent seemed to keep going. She caught a whiff on another tree, but this was only in one place, like the animal had bounced off of it. She sniffed the ground at the base of that tree and found another line, it led to a patch of earth that was still wet from the flood, where the pine needles had collected in ugly stacks instead of the smooth carpet on the forest floor she'd grown used to. In one of these blank areas, she saw some indents in the ear shaped like tiny feet. The scent here was more faded than the tree. "I think, it ran this way," she said, retracing her steps from a moment ago. It clung to this tree, then jumped down, then ran this way, climbed this tree and... that's as far as I can tell." Nightpaw looked at Goldenstar for guidance. "Should I... climb it?" she asked, hesitation in her voice as she hoped that wasn't what she was supposed to do. She had no idea how she'd get down if she tried. Just then, a flash of movement caught her gaze on the trunk of the tree, and she saw a strange creature the same color as the tree bark staring at her with wide, orange eyes. The little black shecat leapt with surprise and arched her back, hissing as she pawed wildly at the strange creature. It tried to scramble away, but her paw knocked it off the bark and in landed with a soft thump on the pine needles and began to scurry on its four tiny, scaly paws.

Old October 15th, 2017, 05:43 PM

Quote:
"Follow the scent?" Nightpaw repeated, she sniffed the tree again, and stood on her hind paws, stretching as high up as she could go as she drank in the scent. "It might have gone up this tree," she said, "or..." putting her nose to the ground, she traced over the patched of scent she had traced before. The scent seemed to keep going. She caught a whiff on another tree, but this was only in one place, like the animal had bounced off of it. She sniffed the ground at the base of that tree and found another line, it led to a patch of earth that was still wet from the flood, where the pine needles had collected in ugly stacks instead of the smooth carpet on the forest floor she'd grown used to. In one of these blank areas, she saw some indents in the ear shaped like tiny feet. The scent here was more faded than the tree. "I think, it ran this way," she said, retracing her steps from a moment ago. It clung to this tree, then jumped down, then ran this way, climbed this tree and... that's as far as I can tell." Nightpaw looked at Goldenstar for guidance. "Should I... climb it?" she asked, hesitation in her voice as she hoped that wasn't what she was supposed to do. She had no idea how she'd get down if she tried. Just then, a flash of movement caught her gaze on the trunk of the tree, and she saw a strange creature the same color as the tree bark staring at her with wide, orange eyes. The little black shecat leapt with surprise and arched her back, hissing as she pawed wildly at the strange creature. It tried to scramble away, but her paw knocked it off the bark and in landed with a soft thump on the pine needles and began to scurry on its four tiny, scaly paws.
Goldenstar nodded, following the apprentince’s words and actions as quickly as he could. He nodded, listening to everything the apprentince said, and was pretty proud of her as he listened. He hadn’t had an apprentince in a long while, unless you count Bella. Nonetheless, she had known quite a bit by the time they first interacted anyways. It was fun, teaching an apprentice again. As the animal lept off the tree, Golden had to admit he had been slightly surprised. He waited to see what Nightpaw would do, but as it started to scurry away, he decided he couldn’t let prey go to waste, and jumped on it, splitering it’s spine, letting it drop limp. “Good job,” He said calmly, smiling, “You were able to track it, and that’s one part,” he added. “Now, let’s find a mouse or something for you to try,” He said, storing the animal for later keeping.
Old October 17th, 2017, 07:16 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Blue Wishes:. View Post

Goldenstar nodded, following the apprentince’s words and actions as quickly as he could. He nodded, listening to everything the apprentince said, and was pretty proud of her as he listened. He hadn’t had an apprentince in a long while, unless you count Bella. Nonetheless, she had known quite a bit by the time they first interacted anyways. It was fun, teaching an apprentice again. As the animal lept off the tree, Golden had to admit he had been slightly surprised. He waited to see what Nightpaw would do, but as it started to scurry away, he decided he couldn’t let prey go to waste, and jumped on it, splitering it’s spine, letting it drop limp. “Good job,” He said calmly, smiling, “You were able to track it, and that’s one part,” he added. “Now, let’s find a mouse or something for you to try,” He said, storing the animal for later keeping.
Nightpaw stood surprised for a moment at how quickly Goldenstar had killed the scaly creature. "What was that?" she asked softly as she watched her mentor cover the catch in a thin layer of dust. Her mouth began to water at her mentor's mention of catching a mouse, her favorite. "Mmmm. Mouse," she meowed hungrily.

Old October 17th, 2017, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Nightpaw stood surprised for a moment at how quickly Goldenstar had killed the scaly creature. "What was that?" she asked softly as she watched her mentor cover the catch in a thin layer of dust. Her mouth began to water at her mentor's mention of catching a mouse, her favorite. "Mmmm. Mouse," she meowed hungrily.
Goldenstar blinked as he heard Nightpaw, and quickly looked over at the apprentince. “A lizard,” he said, well, he thought it was a lizard anyways. It looked like one, but he didn’t really remember for sure. As he heard the apprentince’s hungry mew, he laughed, “Well, if you want some fresh mouse, you’re going to need to get it!” He said warmly, smiling at the She-cat. “Can you scent any mouse?” He asked, looking around the area and taking all the scents in, trying to find his own mouse as well.
Old October 17th, 2017, 10:44 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Blue Wishes:. View Post

Goldenstar blinked as he heard Nightpaw, and quickly looked over at the apprentince. “A lizard,” he said, well, he thought it was a lizard anyways. It looked like one, but he didn’t really remember for sure. As he heard the apprentince’s hungry mew, he laughed, “Well, if you want some fresh mouse, you’re going to need to get it!” He said warmly, smiling at the She-cat. “Can you scent any mouse?” He asked, looking around the area and taking all the scents in, trying to find his own mouse as well.
Nightpaw' whiskers twitched as she smiled good-naturedly at Goldenstar's remark. The smell of mouse, she remembered very well. She parted her jaws and scented the air, trying to catch a hint of the familiar and tantalizing smell. But there was no trace of it. She put her nose closer to the earth and tried to sniff the area around them. There was that lizard smell again, but nothing else. "I don't smell any," she said frowning.

Old October 18th, 2017, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Nightpaw' whiskers twitched as she smiled good-naturedly at Goldenstar's remark. The smell of mouse, she remembered very well. She parted her jaws and scented the air, trying to catch a hint of the familiar and tantalizing smell. But there was no trace of it. She put her nose closer to the earth and tried to sniff the area around them. There was that lizard smell again, but nothing else. "I don't smell any," she said frowning.
Goldenstar nodded, “Can you smell any other animal, other than the lizard?” He asked. Any food they could find would be good. It was getting to the time where they needed all the food they could get before leaf-bare. “We could always try another area as well,” He added. For now, however, he wanted to stay in the same spot, just to see if anything came along, standing next to Nightpaw calmly.