Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > The Starcave

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
"they still tell the...
by stag
Last post by stag
Today 05:12 PM
RiverClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 05:06 PM
"Sharpen your teeth" - RC...
Last post by Fish
Today 04:53 PM
Your royal highness...
by Dakotaa
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 04:52 PM
Rabbits belong in warrens,...
by Rani
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 04:43 PM

Old August 4th, 2018, 11:27 AM
stardust memories

My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: The Starcave

@Lonestar23 @blue jellie @Cosmo @king kaleb! @Charmer @Silver Fishie

This was Heatherfur's first time traveling to the Starcave, as she had never done so in WindClan. Something about the journey had seemed different though; off. After the events of the last Gathering, which SkyClan's medicine cat attacking Fallenstar, the young feline had been in quite a shock. She wasn't as close to the leader in RiverClan were, so she hadn't stepped in, but now she felt the weight of heavy guilt rest upon her shoulders. She should've said something, in the very least. Fallenstar was the leader of her new Clan. Instead, she felt as though she had taken Shinefang's words personally. After all, she was Juniperpaw's replacement. All this had started because the former medicine cat of RiverClan had disappeared, leaving a bewildered Clan and an even more confused Heatherfur to step up into her place. Though she was learning from her training, it was still slow going, and would be awhile before Heatherfur felt she could call herself a true medicine cat. Even now it felt awkward following the pawsteps of so many Clan medicine cats that had come before her. I need to make it a point to learn RiverClan's medicine cat history, at least. I only really knew Geckoleaf, but I was in WindClan at the time. She felt it as a responsibility to not only herself, but her new Clan as well.

Up ahead, Heatherfur caught the scent of ShadowClan and WindClan, and instantly felt more relaxed. As far as she knew, she had no quarrel with either Daydream, his apprentice Flashpaw, or Oriolepaw. In fact, she had quite missed the felines. "Daydream! Flashpaw! Oriolepaw!" she called out, bounding ahead to catch up with them. She fell into step on their side, dipping her head to Oriolepaw as she passed the younger feline. "How are you doing, Oriolepaw?" she asked, concern round in her pale green eyes. She hoped that things were well in WindClan - after all, she still felt the tiniest of ties with them - and prayed that the stress of it all wasn't too much for Oriolepaw. After all, she had to assume that Surgestorm's deaht had affected her most of all - she was without any mentor. "I bet Surgestorm is really proud of you right now."
Old August 4th, 2018, 05:30 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

@Lonestar23 , @blue jellie , @Mauve , @Cosmo , @king kaleb! , @Silver Fishie

Shinefang had taken some herbs in preparation for this meeting. He didn't want to show any hint of limping or pain as he faced the other medicine cats tonight. Not only that, but it was Ringpaw's first journey to the Starcave. The last thing he wanted her to worry about was his health while he was introducing her. So he'd gulped down his willow bark as well as a poppyseed just to keep the discomfort at bay. He had never felt better. Well, perhaps a bit tired, but at his age a little tired was akin to normal. "It's right this way," he said to his apprentice, loping excitedly at his side. He parted his jaws to scent the approaching cave. Windclan... more Windclan? Nope, there was the fishy tinge. Riverclan... and Shadowclan too. He clenched his jaw. He could only imagine what a few of these cats would have to say to him about his behavior at the last gathering. But he'd face the scrutiny proudly, like the warrior he'd been. Once the cats were in view, he nodded to the cats he saw in turn. "Daydream. Flashpaw," he said, surprising himself for remembering the apprentices name. "Oriolepaw," he said, recognizing her by scent. "I was sorry to hear about Surgestorm. I have no doubt he was a good mentor." He then turned to Heathfur, and looked the shecat up and down with his only eye. "Heathfur. It's good to see Riverclan hasn't managed to lose yet another medicine cat...yet." On that note, he cleared his throat. "I have two orders of business to start with. First, this is Ringpaw, my apprentice. I'll be doing her ceremony tonight before we get started to officially introduce her to Starclan. Second, let me go ahead and get something out in the open right away: Yes, I did strike Fallenstar at the end of the last gathering. Yes I am aware of the fact that this was against the warrior code. However, the warrior code also demands that cats defend their clan even at the cost of their life. To me, that includes caring for and protecting the cats who dedicate themselves to serving their clan through healing. Us! All of us!" He looked at Heathfur, meeting the shecats eyes as he added, "And you. Riverclan has simply not done this in the last several seasons. They haven't managed to care for their medicine cats, and I believe this, by extension, is against the warrior code. Cats who do not live by the warrior code may not be allotted the privileges that the code offers like peace at gatherings. So, I am sorry that my actions were hasty and stirred up discomfort, but I cannot apologize for what I did." The old, battle-scarred tom sat on his haunches, his gaze calm as he waited, sure that some cat was bound to have something to say regarding his words, if not his actions.

Last edited by Charmer; August 4th, 2018 at 05:32 PM.
Old August 5th, 2018, 01:51 PM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post

Shinefang had taken some herbs in preparation for this meeting. He didn't want to show any hint of limping or pain as he faced the other medicine cats tonight. Not only that, but it was Ringpaw's first journey to the Starcave. The last thing he wanted her to worry about was his health while he was introducing her. So he'd gulped down his willow bark as well as a poppyseed just to keep the discomfort at bay. He had never felt better. Well, perhaps a bit tired, but at his age a little tired was akin to normal. "It's right this way," he said to his apprentice, loping excitedly at his side. He parted his jaws to scent the approaching cave. Windclan... more Windclan? Nope, there was the fishy tinge. Riverclan... and Shadowclan too. He clenched his jaw. He could only imagine what a few of these cats would have to say to him about his behavior at the last gathering. But he'd face the scrutiny proudly, like the warrior he'd been. Once the cats were in view, he nodded to the cats he saw in turn. "Daydream. Flashpaw," he said, surprising himself for remembering the apprentices name. "Oriolepaw," he said, recognizing her by scent. "I was sorry to hear about Surgestorm. I have no doubt he was a good mentor." He then turned to Heathfur, and looked the shecat up and down with his only eye. "Heathfur. It's good to see Riverclan hasn't managed to lose yet another medicine cat...yet." On that note, he cleared his throat. "I have two orders of business to start with. First, this is Ringpaw, my apprentice. I'll be doing her ceremony tonight before we get started to officially introduce her to Starclan. Second, let me go ahead and get something out in the open right away: Yes, I did strike Fallenstar at the end of the last gathering. Yes I am aware of the fact that this was against the warrior code. However, the warrior code also demands that cats defend their clan even at the cost of their life. To me, that includes caring for and protecting the cats who dedicate themselves to serving their clan through healing. Us! All of us!" He looked at Heathfur, meeting the shecats eyes as he added, "And you. Riverclan has simply not done this in the last several seasons. They haven't managed to care for their medicine cats, and I believe this, by extension, is against the warrior code. Cats who do not live by the warrior code may not be allotted the privileges that the code offers like peace at gatherings. So, I am sorry that my actions were hasty and stirred up discomfort, but I cannot apologize for what I did." The old, battle-scarred tom sat on his haunches, his gaze calm as he waited, sure that some cat was bound to have something to say regarding his words, if not his actions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauve View Post
@Lonestar23 @blue jellie @Cosmo @king kaleb! @Charmer @Silver Fishie

This was Heatherfur's first time traveling to the Starcave, as she had never done so in WindClan. Something about the journey had seemed different though; off. After the events of the last Gathering, which SkyClan's medicine cat attacking Fallenstar, the young feline had been in quite a shock. She wasn't as close to the leader in RiverClan were, so she hadn't stepped in, but now she felt the weight of heavy guilt rest upon her shoulders. She should've said something, in the very least. Fallenstar was the leader of her new Clan. Instead, she felt as though she had taken Shinefang's words personally. After all, she was Juniperpaw's replacement. All this had started because the former medicine cat of RiverClan had disappeared, leaving a bewildered Clan and an even more confused Heatherfur to step up into her place. Though she was learning from her training, it was still slow going, and would be awhile before Heatherfur felt she could call herself a true medicine cat. Even now it felt awkward following the pawsteps of so many Clan medicine cats that had come before her. I need to make it a point to learn RiverClan's medicine cat history, at least. I only really knew Geckoleaf, but I was in WindClan at the time. She felt it as a responsibility to not only herself, but her new Clan as well.

Up ahead, Heatherfur caught the scent of ShadowClan and WindClan, and instantly felt more relaxed. As far as she knew, she had no quarrel with either Daydream, his apprentice Flashpaw, or Oriolepaw. In fact, she had quite missed the felines. "Daydream! Flashpaw! Oriolepaw!" she called out, bounding ahead to catch up with them. She fell into step on their side, dipping her head to Oriolepaw as she passed the younger feline. "How are you doing, Oriolepaw?" she asked, concern round in her pale green eyes. She hoped that things were well in WindClan - after all, she still felt the tiniest of ties with them - and prayed that the stress of it all wasn't too much for Oriolepaw. After all, she had to assume that Surgestorm's deaht had affected her most of all - she was without any mentor. "I bet Surgestorm is really proud of you right now."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post

@Lonestar23 , @blue jellie , @Mauve , @king kaleb! , @Charmer , @Silver Fishie

The young molly's fur bristled as she walked up the path to the moonpool. It wasn't out of anger, oh no, the she-cat was far from angry. She was bristling in excitement and fear mixed together into some unnamed emotion. This was her first meeting at the moonpool, not to mention her first as a medicine cat. Surgestorm could have been here.. Oriolepaw thought, but quickly brushed the thought from her mind. It wouldn't help her to think about the death of her mentor. The molly's golden orbs spotted Daydream and Flashpaw walking a little while ahead of her. Oriolepaw quickened her pace until she was a bit behind them, deciding to let them have a bit of space if they wished.
@Lonestar23 , @blue jellie , @Mauve , @Cosmo , @Charmer , @Silver Fishie
ive decided every two days i will posts to keep the plot going, just so everyone knows!

daydream greated oriolepaw and heatherfur, dipping their head and running a tail along the apprentices spine. oriolepaw might techincally not be their apprentice, but they didnt want her to feel uncluded or alone. daydream was their mentor regardless, and would treat her just as equal as flashpaw. they grew tense watching shinefang pad up, not returning his greeting. but once they heard his words..they could help but speak up. he wasnt the only one that had lost juniperpaw. and whether he liked it or not - he was a medicine cat, not a warrior. they lived by one code before the other. they couldnt just go around starting wars. everything wasnt a battle. they were just as angry at fallenstar. hell. they had lost cricketpaw, and geckoleaf. all while he had somewhat power over his clan and watched him do nothing. "youre not a warrior," daydream snarled. both heatherfur and flashpaw knew how much the medicine cats in riverclan meant to them, so atleast they knew that their aggression wasnt coming out of no where. "are you so closed minded that you are willing to attack some leader, and dont you dare imply that heatherfur will be going next, as if she has the same fate as juniperpaw." they spat, stepping closer to the tom. "go off and start wars. but know its the medicine cats who have to pick it all up again. if you want to live the life of justice with violence, i suggest heading back the way you came and stripping your title." and with that, they turned his back to him, walking a bit faster ahead of everyone else and finally stepping into the starcave. it was pretty, how the light of the moon reflected off of the water and created patterns on the ceiling. they felt bitter sitting here. they disliked starclan with a passion. they had done nothing but take take and take from them. but they still had a duty to uphold.
Old August 5th, 2018, 04:54 PM
boo

My Mood: Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by king kaleb! View Post
@Lonestar23 , @blue jellie , @Mauve , @Cosmo , @Charmer , @Silver Fishie
ive decided every two days i will posts to keep the plot going, just so everyone knows!

daydream greated oriolepaw and heatherfur, dipping their head and running a tail along the apprentices spine. oriolepaw might techincally not be their apprentice, but they didnt want her to feel uncluded or alone. daydream was their mentor regardless, and would treat her just as equal as flashpaw. they grew tense watching shinefang pad up, not returning his greeting. but once they heard his words..they could help but speak up. he wasnt the only one that had lost juniperpaw. and whether he liked it or not - he was a medicine cat, not a warrior. they lived by one code before the other. they couldnt just go around starting wars. everything wasnt a battle. they were just as angry at fallenstar. hell. they had lost cricketpaw, and geckoleaf. all while he had somewhat power over his clan and watched him do nothing. "youre not a warrior," daydream snarled. both heatherfur and flashpaw knew how much the medicine cats in riverclan meant to them, so atleast they knew that their aggression wasnt coming out of no where. "are you so closed minded that you are willing to attack some leader, and dont you dare imply that heatherfur will be going next, as if she has the same fate as juniperpaw." they spat, stepping closer to the tom. "go off and start wars. but know its the medicine cats who have to pick it all up again. if you want to live the life of justice with violence, i suggest heading back the way you came and stripping your title." and with that, they turned his back to him, walking a bit faster ahead of everyone else and finally stepping into the starcave. it was pretty, how the light of the moon reflected off of the water and created patterns on the ceiling. they felt bitter sitting here. they disliked starclan with a passion. they had done nothing but take take and take from them. but they still had a duty to uphold.
Quote:

@Lonestar23 @blue jellie @Mauve @Cosmo @king kaleb! @Charmer

As Ringpaw padded behind her mentor, she gazed around excitedly.
This would be her very first time to the Starcave, a sacred place where not many cats visited.
And she was one of them! She would be here, of all felines, and she thought of the other apprentices. None of them had shown much interest in the Starcave, although the moments to herself she had she had decided it was a magical place.
Trailing behind the yellow tom, she tried to keep her jumping to a minimum. Besides, this was a time to be collected and composed- not to act embarrassing.
Tonight she would meet the other medicine cats and apprentices. She hadn’t ever exactly seen them, only Daydream once at her first gathering.
She could still remember that night; the last gathering she had gone to. Snapbranch had convinced everyone that Ringpaw had been a bit too wound whenever a meeting between clans popped up. She had pouted, but never in front of her previous mentor, who would have cuffed her over the ears.
But now she was meeting more cats. More cats like Shinefang, who were knowledgeable about herbs, and more cats like her.
She had heard of Flashpaw. News got around whenever a feline was given the rank of a medicine cat, but at the time Ringpaw hadn’t honestly cared. The affairs of healing weren’t of much interest at that point.
But now, now it seemed so intriguing when laid out in front of her.
Ringpaw foolishly shook her head, taking a few extra strides over the cool grass to keep pace with Shinefang.
She certainly couldn’t talk like her thoughts were chattering mentally. Everyone would think she was rude and too absorbed with everything else. And annoying.
But this was her chance! Finally there might be some cats who understood, maybe not personality-wise but definitely they would have something in common.
Suddenly, three newer scents hit her nose.
Shadowclan, definitely, and I think Windclan, I smell heather. Something that smells like fish, Riverclan. Ringpaw was glad that she had learned the scents of different clans before becoming Shinefang’s apprentice. Snapbranch had even once brought her outside of Skyclan territory, one of the better parts of her apprenticeship.
That would be Daydream and Flashpaw. Heatherfur and... Ringpaw mentally face-pawed. She couldn’t remember! It was a bird...
Ringpaw peered around Shinefang’s shoulder to catch a glimpse at the cats walking ahead.
A mottled apprentice stood out... Oriolepaw! That’s it.
She turned her head up to her mentor, the yellow tom’s scarred face looking dead ahead.
“Are they the others? What are they like? I hope they’re nice.” She said to him, her mint green eyes wide at the prospect of new cats.
Suddenly, Shinefang greeted the other felines ahead, and some of them turned around to look at him.
When Shinefang and Ringpaw finally came to them, her mentor instantly launched into speech.
Ringpaw wanted to say something, perhaps chatter a bit and introduce herself herself, but seeing that Shinefang had already covered that she kept her mouth closed and only switched between watching the others and the yellow tabby next to her.
Besides, her mouth instantly went dry when she saw Daydream. They looked tense, like they wanted to leap on to Shinefang at any second. Ringpaw quickly averted her eyes to stare at her paws.
Great Starclan Ringpaw! When have you ever been this shy? They’re just cats, go and bug them or something. She scolded inwardly. She didn’t want to come across as introverted or anti-social, or Starclan forbid shy, as that was one thing she was not.
When she pulled her gaze up once more, she waited until Shinefang’s flow of words came to a pause. She was about to formally greet someone, anyone, when she heard her mentor’s next words.
Shinefang struck a Leader? She wondered bewilderedly. She hadn’t known about this, but she certainly wouldn’t have put it past the medicine cat. He wasn’t exactly aggressive, but he seemed to be ready to provide an excuse.
Besides, Ringpaw shouldn’t judge. When she got aggravated, which seldom happened, but on rough days she did want to maybe scare away Snapbranch’s kill or make him trip on a root. Thankfully, she didn’t have to deal with him anymore.
Besides, she could hold her tongue for a second if her mentor was trying to say something.
When Shinefang finished and sat down, she fought back the urge to hide behind his back.
She wasn’t sure if she should remain standing or sit next to him, but before she could make a decision, Daydream spoke again.
When they finished, Ringpaw wanted her jaw to drop.
Strip Shinefang of his title? No way! I’ve seen that he’s a good healer, and I have endless moons yet to see that again.
She didn’t know much about this ‘striking Fallenstar’ thing, but a small rumor had been floating around the apprentice den earlier. But she hadn’t interfered.
As a show, the calico apprentice dipped her head slightly and then promptly sat her haunches down on the ground next to Shinefang.
His reasoning had been just, if the warrior code was being broken anyway how was it wrong?
She still wanted to introduce herself, but maybe a cheery ‘Hi!’ wouldn’t be appropriate right now. But when was manners her thing anyway?
Watching as Daydream turned to dissapear into the Starcave, she turned back to the others and tentatively said:
“Hi, um...”
Maybe she shouldn’t have started. Desperately she looked to her mentor, even if Shinefang might not be of help.

~pom~

i don’t really think i’ll be active that much anymore - check out my free art requests!

Last edited by pomegranate; August 5th, 2018 at 04:55 PM.
Old August 5th, 2018, 05:24 PM
Sigh...

Shinefang's ears flattened against his head, and his fangs showed through parted lips as the Shadowclan medicine cat snarled at him. Clearly Daydream hadn't listened to him or they would have heard that he was just as concerned about Heathfur as they were. The only thing that he had implied was that Riverclan had failed its medicine cats thus far and history confirmed this. The Shadowclan cat stormed off before he could make a reply, so he turned to Ringpaw. Here she was at her first medicine cat gathering where he had tried to be upfront about his actions, and the poor apprentice had been left to witness her elderly mentor getting slandered with demands to give up his duty as a medicine cat. With a wave of his bushy, yellow tail, he patted the little calico on the back. "Don't worry about Daydream. I think they were born with burrs in their pelt. The rest of the medicine cats are perfectly friendly. Mingle for a bit if you like, and when you're ready, I'll be waiting for you inside the cave." He padded on into the cave coolly for Ringpaw's sake, but he was fighting to keep his fur from bristling.

That Daydream has some kind of nerve talking to me like that. So they've never done anything hasty in their life before? And just because they've been a medicine cat longer than me doesn't mean that I'm not a fine healer for my clan. And in any case, it's not up to them to decide who should be a medicine cat and who shouldn't. If Daydream wants to make calls like that, perhaps they should have been a leader. Maybe then, they wouldn't always skulk around like a furry ball of self pity!

All of this flew through the old tom's mind as he took a seat next to the moonpool, glowing with dazzling brightness in the moonlight. He sat on the opposite side of Daydream, as far away from them as he could get.

Old August 5th, 2018, 09:55 PM
wowowowow

My Mood: Stressed

[ ack ack ack ack ack! i'm so lateeee ]
[ @Silver Fishie @Charmer @king kaleb! @Mauve @Lonestar23 @Cosmo ]

Flashpaw was solemn as she walked alongside her mentor. She could feel in the air that tonight would be an eventful one- and not a in a good way. A breeze parted her fur as she stepped towards the Starcave, somewhere she hadn't been before despite being a medicine cat apprentice for five moons. Had her apprenticeship really gone on that long? It seemed like only a few days ago she was in the forest with Daydream, learning about cobwebs, of all things. Had the feline really been apprenticed to them that long?

It didn't matter. The black she-cat needed to be prepared for tonight, whatever occurred. Flashpaw saw more cats approaching, and a trickle of fear passed down her spine as she saw the hostile glances between her mentor and Shinefang. Oh. Oh, no. She had heard of the recent tension between the two after the SkyClan medicine cat attacked Fallenstar, but she'd understood, at leadt partly. Juniperpaw was extremely special to the old tomcat, and he was horrified upon learning of her absence. However, Daydream had felt for the RiverClan medicine cat as well, and they didn't go slashing leaders' faces off. The smoke she-cat nodded at the others' greetings to her and sat politely, a forced smile on her face, which felt too familiar. She hated the facades at this point, hated them immensely. The feline was tired of hiding behind fake emotions and forced smiles knowing that she was truly broken inside. Her mentor had told her repeatedly that there was no need to hide what she was feeling anymore, yet here she was. Hiding her feelings. Even if it was only momentarily, it caused a bit of a flashback moment, and her eyes flickered for a moment, betraying her act to anyone that was looking closely. Shaking out her fur, she began to look for someone to help ease the tension that was crackling through the air, and quickly noticed the apprentice Shinefang had just introduced. Ringpaw, huh? At least she's another apprentice. Might as well talk to her. Despite her thoughts, Flashpaw didn't move. She realized suddenly that halfway through Ringpaw's introduction, the new apprentice's mentor had stated something unwelcome. The air seemed to spark and the smoky apprentice's ears flattened as her own mentor stood up. Her eyes wide and her fsce burning, she attempted to catch Ringpaw's eye to tell her in her gaze that she wished the two could be meeting under better circumstances, or under any circumstances that their mentors weren't fighting. Both of their first times at the Starcave were not going to be ideal. When her mentor stopped speaking and wordlessly walked into the Starcave, the she-cat stood to follow them, but hesitated. Was this a time that they needed to be alone or to be comforted? She wasn't sure which path to choose, really. Flashpaw turned to the remaining cats, dipped her head, and stepped inside the cave, silently walking over to her mentor's side and brushing fur with them before sitting down beside them. She averted Shinefang's gaze should it happen to be on her and looked instead at her paws. Sure, she'd like to mingle, but Daydream came first. Who'd want to know an asthma-ridden furball of stress like her, anyway?
i think it goes without saying that im completely 100% inactive on this site now,, sorry! if you leave me a message there’s a small chance i’ll see it in, like, six months and reply, but that’s about it. hello and goodbye ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old August 7th, 2018, 03:15 PM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Fishie View Post

[COLOR="Silver" @Lonestar23 @blue jellie @Mauve @Cosmo @king kaleb! @Charmer

As Ringpaw padded behind her mentor, she gazed around excitedly.
This would be her very first time to the Starcave, a sacred place where not many cats visited.
And she was one of them! She would be here, of all felines, and she thought of the other apprentices. None of them had shown much interest in the Starcave, although the moments to herself she had she had decided it was a magical place.
Trailing behind the yellow tom, she tried to keep her jumping to a minimum. Besides, this was a time to be collected and composed- not to act embarrassing.
Tonight she would meet the other medicine cats and apprentices. She hadn’t ever exactly seen them, only Daydream once at her first gathering.
She could still remember that night; the last gathering she had gone to. Snapbranch had convinced everyone that Ringpaw had been a bit too wound whenever a meeting between clans popped up. She had pouted, but never in front of her previous mentor, who would have cuffed her over the ears.
But now she was meeting more cats. More cats like Shinefang, who were knowledgeable about herbs, and more cats like her.
She had heard of Flashpaw. News got around whenever a feline was given the rank of a medicine cat, but at the time Ringpaw hadn’t honestly cared. The affairs of healing weren’t of much interest at that point.
But now, now it seemed so intriguing when laid out in front of her.
Ringpaw foolishly shook her head, taking a few extra strides over the cool grass to keep pace with Shinefang.
She certainly couldn’t talk like her thoughts were chattering mentally. Everyone would think she was rude and too absorbed with everything else. And annoying.
But this was her chance! Finally there might be some cats who understood, maybe not personality-wise but definitely they would have something in common.
Suddenly, three newer scents hit her nose.
Shadowclan, definitely, and I think Windclan, I smell heather. Something that smells like fish, Riverclan. Ringpaw was glad that she had learned the scents of different clans before becoming Shinefang’s apprentice. Snapbranch had even once brought her outside of Skyclan territory, one of the better parts of her apprenticeship.
That would be Daydream and Flashpaw. Heatherfur and... Ringpaw mentally face-pawed. She couldn’t remember! It was a bird...
Ringpaw peered around Shinefang’s shoulder to catch a glimpse at the cats walking ahead.
A mottled apprentice stood out... Oriolepaw! That’s it.
She turned her head up to her mentor, the yellow tom’s scarred face looking dead ahead.
“Are they the others? What are they like? I hope they’re nice.” She said to him, her mint green eyes wide at the prospect of new cats.
Suddenly, Shinefang greeted the other felines ahead, and some of them turned around to look at him.
When Shinefang and Ringpaw finally came to them, her mentor instantly launched into speech.
Ringpaw wanted to say something, perhaps chatter a bit and introduce herself herself, but seeing that Shinefang had already covered that she kept her mouth closed and only switched between watching the others and the yellow tabby next to her.
Besides, her mouth instantly went dry when she saw Daydream. They looked tense, like they wanted to leap on to Shinefang at any second. Ringpaw quickly averted her eyes to stare at her paws.
Great Starclan Ringpaw! When have you ever been this shy? They’re just cats, go and bug them or something. She scolded inwardly. She didn’t want to come across as introverted or anti-social, or Starclan forbid shy, as that was one thing she was not.
When she pulled her gaze up once more, she waited until Shinefang’s flow of words came to a pause. She was about to formally greet someone, anyone, when she heard her mentor’s next words.
Shinefang struck a Leader? She wondered bewilderedly. She hadn’t known about this, but she certainly wouldn’t have put it past the medicine cat. He wasn’t exactly aggressive, but he seemed to be ready to provide an excuse.
Besides, Ringpaw shouldn’t judge. When she got aggravated, which seldom happened, but on rough days she did want to maybe scare away Snapbranch’s kill or make him trip on a root. Thankfully, she didn’t have to deal with him anymore.
Besides, she could hold her tongue for a second if her mentor was trying to say something.
When Shinefang finished and sat down, she fought back the urge to hide behind his back.
She wasn’t sure if she should remain standing or sit next to him, but before she could make a decision, Daydream spoke again.
When they finished, Ringpaw wanted her jaw to drop.
Strip Shinefang of his title? No way! I’ve seen that he’s a good healer, and I have endless moons yet to see that again.
She didn’t know much about this ‘striking Fallenstar’ thing, but a small rumor had been floating around the apprentice den earlier. But she hadn’t interfered.
As a show, the calico apprentice dipped her head slightly and then promptly sat her haunches down on the ground next to Shinefang.
His reasoning had been just, if the warrior code was being broken anyway how was it wrong?
She still wanted to introduce herself, but maybe a cheery ‘Hi!’ wouldn’t be appropriate right now. But when was manners her thing anyway?
Watching as Daydream turned to dissapear into the Starcave, she turned back to the others and tentatively said:
“Hi, um...”
Maybe she shouldn’t have started. Desperately she looked to her mentor, even if Shinefang might not be of help.
[/COLOR]
Quote:

Shinefang's ears flattened against his head, and his fangs showed through parted lips as the Shadowclan medicine cat snarled at him. Clearly Daydream hadn't listened to him or they would have heard that he was just as concerned about Heathfur as they were. The only thing that he had implied was that Riverclan had failed its medicine cats thus far and history confirmed this. The Shadowclan cat stormed off before he could make a reply, so he turned to Ringpaw. Here she was at her first medicine cat gathering where he had tried to be upfront about his actions, and the poor apprentice had been left to witness her elderly mentor getting slandered with demands to give up his duty as a medicine cat. With a wave of his bushy, yellow tail, he patted the little calico on the back. "Don't worry about Daydream. I think they were born with burrs in their pelt. The rest of the medicine cats are perfectly friendly. Mingle for a bit if you like, and when you're ready, I'll be waiting for you inside the cave." He padded on into the cave coolly for Ringpaw's sake, but he was fighting to keep his fur from bristling.

That Daydream has some kind of nerve talking to me like that. So they've never done anything hasty in their life before? And just because they've been a medicine cat longer than me doesn't mean that I'm not a fine healer for my clan. And in any case, it's not up to them to decide who should be a medicine cat and who shouldn't. If Daydream wants to make calls like that, perhaps they should have been a leader. Maybe then, they wouldn't always skulk around like a furry ball of self pity!

All of this flew through the old tom's mind as he took a seat next to the moonpool, glowing with dazzling brightness in the moonlight. He sat on the opposite side of Daydream, as far away from them as he could get.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue jellie View Post
[ ack ack ack ack ack! i'm so lateeee ]
[ @Silver Fishie @Charmer @king kaleb! @Mauve @Lonestar23 @Cosmo ]

Flashpaw was solemn as she walked alongside her mentor. She could feel in the air that tonight would be an eventful one- and not a in a good way. A breeze parted her fur as she stepped towards the Starcave, somewhere she hadn't been before despite being a medicine cat apprentice for five moons. Had her apprenticeship really gone on that long? It seemed like only a few days ago she was in the forest with Daydream, learning about cobwebs, of all things. Had the feline really been apprenticed to them that long?

It didn't matter. The black she-cat needed to be prepared for tonight, whatever occurred. Flashpaw saw more cats approaching, and a trickle of fear passed down her spine as she saw the hostile glances between her mentor and Shinefang. Oh. Oh, no. She had heard of the recent tension between the two after the SkyClan medicine cat attacked Fallenstar, but she'd understood, at leadt partly. Juniperpaw was extremely special to the old tomcat, and he was horrified upon learning of her absence. However, Daydream had felt for the RiverClan medicine cat as well, and they didn't go slashing leaders' faces off. The smoke she-cat nodded at the others' greetings to her and sat politely, a forced smile on her face, which felt too familiar. She hated the facades at this point, hated them immensely. The feline was tired of hiding behind fake emotions and forced smiles knowing that she was truly broken inside. Her mentor had told her repeatedly that there was no need to hide what she was feeling anymore, yet here she was. Hiding her feelings. Even if it was only momentarily, it caused a bit of a flashback moment, and her eyes flickered for a moment, betraying her act to anyone that was looking closely. Shaking out her fur, she began to look for someone to help ease the tension that was crackling through the air, and quickly noticed the apprentice Shinefang had just introduced. Ringpaw, huh? At least she's another apprentice. Might as well talk to her. Despite her thoughts, Flashpaw didn't move. She realized suddenly that halfway through Ringpaw's introduction, the new apprentice's mentor had stated something unwelcome. The air seemed to spark and the smoky apprentice's ears flattened as her own mentor stood up. Her eyes wide and her fsce burning, she attempted to catch Ringpaw's eye to tell her in her gaze that she wished the two could be meeting under better circumstances, or under any circumstances that their mentors weren't fighting. Both of their first times at the Starcave were not going to be ideal. When her mentor stopped speaking and wordlessly walked into the Starcave, the she-cat stood to follow them, but hesitated. Was this a time that they needed to be alone or to be comforted? She wasn't sure which path to choose, really. Flashpaw turned to the remaining cats, dipped her head, and stepped inside the cave, silently walking over to her mentor's side and brushing fur with them before sitting down beside them. She averted Shinefang's gaze should it happen to be on her and looked instead at her paws. Sure, she'd like to mingle, but Daydream came first. Who'd want to know an asthma-ridden furball of stress like her, anyway?
[ @Lonestar23 , @blue jellie , @Mauve , @Cosmo , @Charmer , @Silver Fishie ]

daydream was comforted that flashpaw was at their side. it meant alot to them. even if they were angry right now, they would make sure to thank her when they went home. they knew the negativity probably wasnt going to do well for her mental health, so they decided they wouldnt talk to shinefang. everything that would come out would be spats and insults, and the other medicine cats didnt need that, their reputation was already ruined enough. they were already looked at as the sour puss of the clans. whatever. cats close to them knew that they were full of emotions, just like anyone else. they shifted closer to flashpaw, resting their tail along her flank in silent comfort. "im sorry," they mouthed to her silently. they could tell her fake smile from a mile away. they would handle this privately another time. right now, it was time to focus on the half pool meeting and ringpaws ceremony. they had never given flashpaw a ceremony, mainly because they didnt confine in starclan at all. but they had never asked, which was a bit selfish of them. "flashpaw," they mumbled quietly out of ear shot while they waited for the other medicine cats to get here, "i never asked you if you wanted a ceremony. i didnt want you to have one because i believe you dont need starclans consent to be the best medicine cat in the clans," they mewed. but again, it wasnt their desion to make. they never thought theyd consider the option of giving flashpaw a ceremony. they had been a bit selfish and automatically no. "but if you really want one, we can do it now. even if youre almost fully a medicine cat at this point."
Old August 7th, 2018, 03:30 PM
stardust memories

My Mood: Inspired

@Lonestar23
@blue jellie
@king kaleb!
@Cosmo
@Charmer
@Silver Fishie

The tension that circled the air was practically palpable as Heatherfur's gaze flickered up from Oriolepaw and in between all of the medicine cats. This was certainly how she expected warriors to act, but the cats responsible for the health and well being of their Clans? It sent shock waves through her fur as Daydream and Shinefang started to go at it again. Their exchange was brief but intense, and it was clear how much disdain Daydream held towards the SkyClan medicine cat. Not that she could blame them; after all, she had a right to be angry with Shinefang too. He had assaulted Fallenstar, her new leader. A bit of her was angry in regards to that, despite the fact that she still wasn't that close with the RiverClan leader. "I don't plan on going anywhere," she mewed rather curly, her eyes narrowed slightly. She didn't necessarily like the tone he was speaking in, and due to her newly formed connection with Daydream, she had no problem siding with them in this situation. I never thought I'd be alligning with a ShadowClan cat, she thought to herself with a flick of her tail.

A cold breeze ruffled her fur and Heatherfur blinked, noticing that Daydream and Flashpaw had already made their way inside the Starcave. Looking at Oriolepaw, she rested her tail across the younger felines back as a sign of comfort. "Even though I'm RiverClan's medicine cat now, I do have WindClan blood in my veins. If you ever need anything, I'll be right there okay?" She wanted to make sure the younger she-cat understood that despite not having a mentor and being thrust into a new position, she still had other cats in her corner. "How about we head in together?" she offered, seeing that the other medicine cats had already slipped deeper into the cave, out of sight.
Old August 9th, 2018, 08:53 PM
Sigh...

(Daydream being kind of happy about something? We can't have that. #Shinefangruinsthemoment)

As Shinefang rested by the side of the pool, waiting on Ringpaw and the others to join, he glanced up to see the Daydream's apprentice take a seat beside her mentor. From across the pool, he could see the older, golden-tabby say something the darker shecat but couldn't make out what was said. It was too far away and their voices were too hushed. But the younger shecat caught his attention with the distant, cold way she carried herself, and the way her eyes seemed haunted as they stared inward at whirling terrors only she could see. This was what the state of the clans had given to the younger generation of medicine cats: an unsteadiness and uncertainty that gripped them in the darkest corners of their mind. It wasn't right. The medicine cats should feel proud and sure of themselves. Sure of the place into their clan and sure of their safety. So from his perch across the pool, he called out to the smoky apprentice. "Hey!" he said, his orange eye trained on her so that there could be no mistake that he was talking to her. "The clans are lucky to have you. I hope that you clan appreciates you, because you deserve to hold your head high and proud." Even as he said it, his heart ached. He wondered if anyone had said those words to Juniperpaw while she desperately tried to learn and serve the clan who failed her. Would she still be here is someone had? and why hadn't he?

Why hadn't he?!?!

In the stillness there beside the pool, he unsheathed the claws on his back paws, and dug them into the cool stone.

Old August 10th, 2018, 12:16 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Caliaflame hadn’t expected to be this late. She hated the thought of everyone looking at her as she entered the Starcave, but she could at least hope they hadn’t started yet. She hadn’t met all of the other medicine cats yet, so this was (at the very least) an opportunity to get to know everyone. Thanks to the gossipy warriors and apprentices, she knew everyone’s names… Shinefang, Daydream, Flashpaw, Ringpaw, Oriolepaw, Heatherfur. Okay. I’ve got this. Taking a deep breath, the ThunderClan medicine cat stopped at the entrance. There were two other cats there, one smaller than the other… but they had different scents. One smelled like RiverClan, the other like WindClan. Okay. So that’s… Heatherfur, and… Oriolepaw. Right. Got it. Gathering up her courage, and trying to push aside her dislike for these social situations, the feline cleared her throat. ”Uh, hi… I’m ThunderClan’s medicine cat, Caliaflame… I’m sorry I’m late.” Way to go, Cal. Great first impression. She hadn’t met either of these cats before, but she was pretty sure she was already showing how bad she was at these things. Caliaflame hadn’t interacted with other medicine cats that much, so being with all of them at once was bound to be overwhelming. She just hoped she didn’t embarrass herself too much. If only Wheatfur was still alive, he could’ve offered her some guidance in this situation - and she wouldn’t have had to be the only one there for ThunderClan.

@Charmer @Silver Fishie @Mauve @Cosmo @king kaleb! @blue jellie

(I'm so late, sorry guys!!)

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.