Last post by squidz
Today 04:37 PM

Old October 16th, 2022, 12:40 PM
Slowly returning

Gender: Girl(???); she/they mainly, but other pronounce dont bother me either
My Mood: Hopeful

Default It's time [P]

Vinvella & Ker

Cold winds swept through the ally, whipping up the leaves that had settled into a whirlwind of burning orange and blood red with the occasional yellow leaves that had made their way here. But as beautiful as the mix of autumn colors was, the gust also moved around the trash scattered around the place, almost making the molly's face twist in irritated disgust at the human's wasteful way of living. The winds also sent a shiver down the molly's back where she sat at the edge of the roof. Guard duty. Not something she was fond of, esscpailly on the vest side in the earlier hours, but everyone had to contribute in their way, and today the stones had told her it would be her turn to sit here and keep an eye on the surroundings. Usually, nothing much happened, but it was still a job worth doing since there had been a few attacks that were prevented by an alert guard.

So despite the cold breezes and the ever so unpleasant state of the ally, the molly straightened up and focused her gaze, ears pricking. And she sat there.

After a while, her tail twitched and her head snapped around like a snake at the sound of the roof creaking under the weight of large, heavy paws. But she relaxed somewhat as she recognized the shape, and she went back to guarding, only offering the larger tom a nod as he settled beside her.

"Vinvella."
"Father."
"Nothing here I should be worried over, I hope?"
"Nothing unusual has happened, simply a few gusts of wind moving the leaves around, and a few geese who flew by towards the plains a while ago. There were roughly ten of them and they seemed calm."

The large tom nodded slightly, his gaze following hers in the direction she was signaled before nodding, seemingly satisfied with her report.

"Good."

She knew her father wasn't one to talk in excess and as the currently eldest cat in the family, he was in charge of making sure everyone was doing their jobs and all, but she wondered why he was remaining here after receiving the report. Sure, the vest side was the last guarding post that was checked on, but his next task should make sure the hunting troop returned with good catches, and she knew her father was very precise with that. So why wait?

"You and your littermates' ceremonies are nearing."

Vinvella's ears pricked and she glanced briefly at her father, surprised. She was aware her and her siblings' ceremonies were around the corner, she had thought about it rather often during the past weeks.

"Mhm."
"Have you thought about what role you want?"

Want? The ceremony had nothing to do with wanting, it was what the stones decided for you. No, Vinvella had never thought about what she wanted, but she did have her hopes.

"I suppose... I wouldn't want to have kits. It doesn't feel like something for me. I'd rather learn to fight and help the family that way."

The silence dragged on more, and Vinvella tried to keep herself from glancing at her father or angling her ears towards him to try and guess his thoughts about what she had just said. But she did wonder if her answer as what he wanted it to be, or had he hoped she would wish to become a mother as Ruby had become. His stoic silence hardly gave her the answer.

"Well, we'll have to see what the stones say."

He said at last, and Vinvella could feel the weight quietness shift. It didn't lift, because her father didn't exactly give her a lot when it came to reactions - she was still unsure of how he left about her answer - but she simply nodded to him as he got up and headed to check on what the hunters had brought back. She stayed where she was, sitting quietly at her post, sense focused on guarding and making sure nothing was unlike what it should be.

Characters:
WIP character site
[/CENTER]