Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan > RiverClan Events

Notice
Applications to join the Staff Team close at 11:59 PM EST today. Get them in while you have the chance!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
ShadowClan Medicine Cat's...
by BEAR.
Last post by Rose
Today 01:13 PM
Art competition!
Last post by .Sunshine.
Today 01:13 PM
_*The Flower and the...
Last post by .Sunshine.
Today 01:12 PM
ThunderClan Stormcrest
by dino.
Last post by BEAR.
Today 01:11 PM
Search and Rescue Patrols
by BEAR.
Last post by paris
Today 01:09 PM

Old March 17th, 2024, 12:58 PM

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Queenly
Default Re: [RC EVENT] {~+going with the flow+~}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolomedes View Post

Seabreeze
He/him | Riverclan Warrior | Moons: 16 | Purrks: Go with the Flow | The Collector | Ultimate Predator |
“Ocean waters rising above your neck
You feel the glass start to crack.”

Seabreeze listened to the young kit, Molekit, that was a good name. The tom smiled, "My name is Seabreeze, if you need to ask again later I won't mind." As the warrior spoke another kit came rushing up to him and Molekit with a happy little yowl about diving and the warrior gave a little chuckle. The kits wouldn't be learning to dive today, maybe some of the older ones, but these little ones were too young to be trying that out today. Seabreeze hadn't learned to dive until he was about 8ish moons, he couldn't quite remember the exact age, everything from the time was awfully fuzzy.

"No diving until you are a bit older, but we will be having lots of fun learning to swim. What is your name, little kit?" Seabreeze asked, tone light, this would be a good way for him bond with the warriors of the future as well as the ones around him. Maybe one of these kits would later be his apprentice, hmmm... "If you guys are very good, we can maybe practice how to fish as well."
[ @chickadee - Molekit | @nyx - Dimkit ]

《 Dimkit 》
8/10

he/him / riverclan kit / vitiligo

"Aw..." he complained. He perked up again to tell the tom his name. My name is Dimkit! And.. I'll try to remember your name!"

His eyes widened as the Riverclan warrior offered to teach them how to fish. "Yeah, yeah! I wanna catch my first fish."

( @Dolomeses ; Seabreeze )

Last edited by nyx; April 5th, 2024 at 03:22 PM.
Old March 18th, 2024, 10:17 PM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Seabreeze
He/him | Riverclan Warrior | Moons: 16 | Purrks: Go with the Flow | The Collector | Ultimate Predator |

The warrior looked around at the cats gathering before looking down to the kits that had requested lessons. Then he stretched briefly and mewed to the kits, "How about we start now and anyone else can join us later?" Seabreeze smiled lightly and guided the kits to a pool not too far from camp, small enough for kits their size to learn just fine but nothing too much for them to handle. After arriving, he had the kits sit down for a small lecture first, "Before we get into swimming I need you two to promise me that you'll listen very good to what I say." As he spoke, Seabreeze turned his gaze first to Molekit and then to Dimkit, trying to make sure they understood that they needed to listen. While it wasn't too dangerous, the warrior was there to make sure nothing went wrong, that doesn't mean scares can't happen and Seabreeze didn't want any kits leaving with any newfound trauma.

He waited for their responses before getting into a different, more lighter quick before water talk, "Mk, tell me, how do you think you swim?" Seabreeze didn't want to just talk at the kits the entire time, there was no way they would actually listen and remember even if they wanted to. Hopefully, trying to get them to engage more with the lesson will help them stay interested and help them remember what they learn.
[Post order: Sea, Mole, Dim, if you guys are alright with that?]

Seabreeze is currently one of Riverclan's Lionhearts!
[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is semi-open to all RPs, just ask! ]

Last edited by Dolomedes; March 18th, 2024 at 10:18 PM.
Old March 18th, 2024, 10:31 PM
big dork

Bump Policy: PLEASE I might forget
My Mood: Amused

Molekit snapped back into reality as Seabreeze started talking once more. Oopsies. He zoned out again. He nodded as Seabreeze recommended that they begin, and absentmindedly followed Seabreeze to the little pool. He was in his own little world as he trotted the warrior, glancing around at all the RiverClan territory had to offer. As a kit, he’d never got to leave camp before now. This was a once in a lifetime opportunity to see what’s outside the camp.

When they stopped and sat down in front of Seabreeze Molekit nodded vigorously with big amber eyes, showing how he took this seriously. “I promise I’ll listen to every single thing you say, Mr. Seabreeze. And also my name is Molekit. I didn’t tell you earlier because I was daydreaming. Oopsies.” The fuzzy kit mewed.

As Seabreeze grew more lighthearted, Molekit did too. He liked Mr. Seabreeze. He was very… what’s the word… patient. Especially with someone like Molekit, who always had his head in the clouds. He took a moment to consider Seabreeze’s question. How did you swim? That was a good question. He’d never seen anyone swim before, so he just took a guess. “Is it like running but your legs are under the water?”

. . .

[ im cool with that, also sorry for late reply!! @Dolomedes - seabreeze || @nyx - dimkit ]

los gatos de chickadee

&

chickadee's auction birdhouse! - A NEW SET OF DESIGNS AWAITS!
Old March 19th, 2024, 05:50 AM

Quote:

Seabreeze

The warrior looked around at the cats gathering before looking down to the kits that had requested lessons. Then he stretched briefly and mewed to the kits, "How about we start now and anyone else can join us later?" Seabreeze smiled lightly and guided the kits to a pool not too far from camp, small enough for kits their size to learn just fine but nothing too much for them to handle. After arriving, he had the kits sit down for a small lecture first, "Before we get into swimming I need you two to promise me that you'll listen very good to what I say." As he spoke, Seabreeze turned his gaze first to Molekit and then to Dimkit, trying to make sure they understood that they needed to listen. While it wasn't too dangerous, the warrior was there to make sure nothing went wrong, that doesn't mean scares can't happen and Seabreeze didn't want any kits leaving with any newfound trauma.

He waited for their responses before getting into a different, more lighter quick before water talk, "Mk, tell me, how do you think you swim?" Seabreeze didn't want to just talk at the kits the entire time, there was no way they would actually listen and remember even if they wanted to. Hopefully, trying to get them to engage more with the lesson will help them stay interested and help them remember what they learn.
[Post order: Sea, Mole, Dim, if you guys are alright with that?]

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadee View Post
Molekit snapped back into reality as Seabreeze started talking once more. Oopsies. He zoned out again. He nodded as Seabreeze recommended that they begin, and absentmindedly followed Seabreeze to the little pool. He was in his own little world as he trotted the warrior, glancing around at all the RiverClan territory had to offer. As a kit, he’d never got to leave camp before now. This was a once in a lifetime opportunity to see what’s outside the camp.

When they stopped and sat down in front of Seabreeze Molekit nodded vigorously with big amber eyes, showing how he took this seriously. “I promise I’ll listen to every single thing you say, Mr. Seabreeze. And also my name is Molekit. I didn’t tell you earlier because I was daydreaming. Oopsies.” The fuzzy kit mewed.

As Seabreeze grew more lighthearted, Molekit did too. He liked Mr. Seabreeze. He was very… what’s the word… patient. Especially with someone like Molekit, who always had his head in the clouds. He took a moment to consider Seabreeze’s question. How did you swim? That was a good question. He’d never seen anyone swim before, so he just took a guess. “Is it like running but your legs are under the water?”

. . .

[ im cool with that, also sorry for late reply!! @Dolomedes - seabreeze || @nyx - dimkit ]

《 Dimkit 》
10/10

he/him / riverclan kit / vitiligo

The little kit followed Seabreeze and the other kit to a pool outside of camp. His tiny black paw padding down delightedly. He was going to learn how to swim! No need to be stuck in a boooring camp anymore! He stretched his black body and wiggled as he prepared to jump in the pool before he heard the warrior's voice. He stood up again and nodded. "Yeah! I'll listen!" he was great at listening. Maybe.

He sat down, stumped at Seabreeze's next question and his tail curled into a question mark. "How?" he thought out loud. "How would I know how? I just wanna swim." he complained to himself. "Uhh you just dive in and walk in it. Right?" He gave Seabreeze a big smile. Of course he was right, swimming couldn't even be that hard.

( @Dolomeses ; Seabreeze , @chickadee ; Molekit )

Last edited by nyx; April 5th, 2024 at 03:22 PM.
Old March 20th, 2024, 05:39 AM
Would anyone care.......?

Bump Policy: Every 2 hours or so (1 if I'm online doing nothing)
My Mood: Dark

Jaykit sat near the river, wanting to learn to swim. He pondered if he would ever learn.
@Samantha

Snowyfeathr scribbles "Snowy Waz Here" || CrimsonOaks held up Echopaw and Wisppaw and says "Simba" || Spartan-117 writes "help me" on this sig || leopard.'s cats moonfoot and pricklestep are stalking you from the corners || Wispy was here || Blaze sets her name on fire for dramatic effect || Kitty spray paints her fursona on the wall of this sig

Old March 21st, 2024, 09:01 AM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Seabreeze

Seabreeze listened carefully first to Dimkit's and then to Molekit's and nodded to them both after processing their words. Swimming was similar to walking or running in a way, but the practice was meant to make the kits more aware of their paws when they enter the water so that they didn't just hop in and sink like a rock, "That is often how one would explain what swimming is like, but I find it is very different. When you enter the water, you will be kicking your legs out, but unlike walking, you take longer strides. You focus on speed and power in your back legs and use your front paws to keep your head up and to direct yourself." Seabreeze was having a sweet little memory to when he was teaching Strawberrypaw how to swim not long ago at all. Though he expected this lesson to get a bit more choppy than the smooth waters he had then. Not that it was the kits' faults, it wouldn't be, apprentices tend to be a bit more in their own paws then kits.

"Now then, when you enter the water, focus on kicking as hard as you can with your back paws- but also don't forget to paddle with your front. Be sure to keep your chin up. Now, one last thing before we try," The warrior reached one of his paws out towards the kittens and spread out his paw, showcasing the slight webbing between his toes, more often then not cats don't tend to think about them but if you hold your paw slightly spread out and cupped it helps keep your head up so it was important for the kits to know, "see how I am holding my paw. That little webbing helps catch the water so be sure to spread out yours paws a bit as you swim, and try to cup them like this." Seabreeze showcased a paddling motion, cupping his paw as he did so, almost like taking scoops out of the air.

Seabreeze stood up and made his way into the little water pond, pushing back one of the cattails that brushed against his face annoyingly. The water rested a bit above his chest but wasn't yet touching his chin, though for the kits it was more than deep enough. The warrior gave the younger cats a reasurring smile, or at least he hoped it was, "That was a lot of info but no worries, I can help remind you as we actually start swimming. I'll be right here, so don't worry about a thing. You two are welcome to start whenever you want, remember to kick and paddle."

[Note: I am so sorry for how late this is, I thought I posted already ;-;]

Seabreeze is currently one of Riverclan's Lionhearts!
[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is semi-open to all RPs, just ask! ]

Last edited by Dolomedes; March 21st, 2024 at 09:01 AM.
Old March 22nd, 2024, 01:27 PM

Bump Policy: 1-2 days
My Mood: Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by *_Athena_* View Post
Jaykit sat near the river, wanting to learn to swim. He pondered if he would ever learn.
@Samantha
"Come along." He waded belly deep into the river. Leaving enough room for Jaykit to come forward.

The greatest thrill is to not kill but to let live -James Oliver Curwood
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.”
‭‭John‬ ‭3:16-17‬ ‭NIV‬‬
https://bible.com/bible/111/jhn.3.16-17.NIV
Old March 22nd, 2024, 04:16 PM
Would anyone care.......?

Bump Policy: Every 2 hours or so (1 if I'm online doing nothing)
My Mood: Dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha View Post
"Come along." He waded belly deep into the river. Leaving enough room for Jaykit to come forward.
Jaykit looked petrified, but as soon as he got into the water, he calmed down. He hoped he'd be a great swimmer, he knew what water was, but he had never swam in it before. He went and followed (whoever) into the water, but he still was a little scared.

Snowyfeathr scribbles "Snowy Waz Here" || CrimsonOaks held up Echopaw and Wisppaw and says "Simba" || Spartan-117 writes "help me" on this sig || leopard.'s cats moonfoot and pricklestep are stalking you from the corners || Wispy was here || Blaze sets her name on fire for dramatic effect || Kitty spray paints her fursona on the wall of this sig

Old March 25th, 2024, 04:53 AM

Bump Policy: After a week!
My Mood: Busy

Quote:

Seabreeze

Seabreeze started as Riverwhisper's yowl entered the clearing, his fur stood up and his claws unsheathed into the mouse he had been previously munching at, laying near the outside of the clearing. After the spook had worn out though, the sandy grey-blue tom found himself excited and he quickly finished off the prey and hopped to his bi-colored paws, stretching his bones with a small yawn before making his way to the gathering cats. He just adored swimming so being able to help others learn sounds like a fun time, maybe the tom could even take part in some of the competitions...Seabreeze wasn't the most competitive cat though.

He smiled at the enthusiastic kits and willing warriors. The tom could give some beginner lessons but he wouldn't mind giving out some more advanced ones to apprentices or even his fellow warriors if they were interested. To be honest, swimming was the only thing that Seabreeze felt confident in teaching so he wanted to utilize that barely there confidence as much as he possibly could!

"I can help teach anyone to swim, and apprentices and warriors to dive." Seabreeze spoke up, aimed at no one in particular, just a general announcement.
[ @Blazing - Lilykit | @nyx - Dimkit | @DaffodilFlight - Larkkit ]
[In case you folks are interested in a lesson from Sea <3]

BRANCHKIT

(Sorry for the late and short reply!!! Tell me if it's no longer open :'))

Hearing the commotion, Branchkit made his way out of the Nursery and listened to the mews of the warrior. Glancing around at the abundance of kits and warriors, he knew that it was another event probably that started when he was asleep in his nest. The tom shifted to the side where cats taught the kits to swim. Despite being 5 moons old now, he still wasn't the best at swimming, and it would perhaps be beneficial if he learnt how to, too. However, he only stayed by the side quietly, gazing at all the enthusiasm. Mousekit wasn't here, such a shame. It'd be fun if they learn together.

Watching as the ripples of water flickered beside him, waves touched his paw occasionally, and a warrior explained how to swim to two smaller kits. His head tilted to the side, Branchkit listened to what they had to say, his paw silently battering the cool water. It appears that they have to have a warrior to learn. Maybe he won't go in the water, but maybe he can listen? The tom kit wasn't exactly introverted, but he didn't ever feel belonging with cats he had never been with before. Were those two friends? Maybe the warrior met the two before. Either way, Branchkit doesn't know if he should interfere or not.

StarClan, if Mousekit was here it'd be easier, for sure.
Old April 10th, 2024, 10:25 AM

Dimkit
10+/10

tags; ( @Dolomedes ; Seabreeze )

he/him / riverclan kit / excitable / vitiligo

Dimkit gave the warrior a frown. "I was sure I was right." Still he nodded and took in the information. He raised a paw and held it up to his face to see the webbing in-between his toes. "Ooooh!" he gawked as he did a paddling gesture with the paw.

The black kitten waddled into the water until his lower fore-paws and belly were covered by water. He lowered himself into the water and flicked his paws around, paddling with his paws. Dimkit kept his body motions wide like in a long bound forward.

(ignore how late this is..)