Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > OOC > Old News

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan Patrols
by Estelle
Last post by occultation
Today 01:38 AM
Lionsbeach
by BEAR.
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 01:32 AM
RiverClan Outsider Joining
by Estelle
Last post by occultation
Today 01:30 AM
Roaring Cliffs...
by taillow
Last post by taillow
Today 01:19 AM

Old March 15th, 2021, 11:55 PM
chirps

Default Re: A Hunt for Clovers!

Well this was just great. What were the pawsteps that had led him here, exactly?

If he was being completely honest, Kestrelwing wasn't even sure anymore. One moment he was snarling and snapping at any kit that waddled his direction, and the next... he was seeking out pretty clovers for them. Stupid green plants that supposedly brought "luck". The gray tabby rolled his eyes; yeah, right. Luck and hope were for those foolish enough to believe in them. Himself, he had always been logical over emotional, and couldn't wrap his head around any other approach.

Except maybe he was learning to, what with this ridiculous "clover hunt", as Fernkit had dubbed it. Stupid WindClan kit.

There wasn't any use fighting it now. If he didn't show up with a clover he risked being called "stinky" again, and the thought alone made him flexed his claws. Kestrelwing heaved a sigh and parted his jaws to perhaps try to draw the scent of one in. What did clovers even smell like? He was no medicine cat, he had no idea... bitter? Sweet? Ugh, scent would be no use.

Letting his yellow gaze refocus the RiverClan warrior scanned the clearing, trotting back and forth between the warriors' den to the leaders den to the apprentices den. Each search he turned up empty-pawed, no covers as his prize for tedious work.

Aha! The medicine den!

Spinning on his heels Kestrelwing half-walked half-ran into the herb cave, wrinkling his nose as the strong stench that hit him. He intended to be brief, practically holding his breath as he poked his head back into the storage. He recognized burnet... burdock root... cobweb, of course...

No damn clover.

With a growl of frustration the gray tabby whipped his head out from the storage unit and spun around, storming out of the medicine den. His paws stomped in the mud, making a final stop in the middle of camp. Where in the heck were these devilish little plants hiding??

Maybe he would have better luck in the marshy territory of RiverClan's lands...

Newleaf was beginning to rear it's head in the form of melted snow and birdsong, and Kestrelwing hated all of it. The warmer weather was nice, sure, but the annoying feathered creatures were ruining it. What did they have to be so happy about, anyways? Life wasn't all that much more exciting up in the sky as compared to on the ground.

Kestrelwing gave a snort as a rather loud call drew from a bird as it took flight, seemingly being chased by another bird. Not so happy now, were they? He swung his gaze from the dancing sparrows to the path ahead of him. He knew RiverClan territory like the back of his paws, but not once could he recall the stubborn four-leaved plant he was seeking.

Nose to the ground he tried to distinguish any trace of what the "herb" might smell like - or at least anythign that had a different scent than fish, mud, or prey. There were a few springy patches here and there, but none resembled a clover.

"This is ridiculous. I bet I could bring back any green plan and the little bunny wouldn't know the difference," Kestrelwing muttered under his breath, scooping a pawful of mud underneath him and tossing it to the side.

Perhaps he should just do that...

No, no. That would risk another 'stinky' if Fernkit happened to figure out he was just trying to pass of another plant such as a dandelion or regular leaf for a clover.

It really shouldn't have been this hard, especially with RiverClan territory bathed in sunlight and newleaf awakening. Kestrelwing swung his head back and forth, now just briefly scanning each area before moving on.

This was a complete and utter drag, and the gray tabby was sorely regretting his decision to partake in such a silly event. Maybe he should call the territory a dud and try searching closer to the streambeds. RiverClan had plenty when it came to those, and if this grandiose clover was hiding from him, the most ironic and accurate place would be an area resembling his first meeting place with Fernkit.

So, with a flick of his tail and a heavy sigh, Kestrelwing changed directions and started on the path towards the bubbling river that separated his home.

By the time he made the trek all the way out to Sedgwater Valley, Kestrelwing's paws ached a bit. He'd been on them from dawn, and was beginning to miss the comfort of the warriors den despite the ever present snoring that filled the usually quiet walls.

He stopped as he rounded the hill that overlooked the riverbank and WindClan's side, the exposed moorland stretching out as far as they eye could see. It sent a shiver down his spine and he couldn't understand how cats could live like that.

"Alright, focus. It's got four leaves, it's green, and if you don't get one, you're gonna get called stinky by a kit-who-is-really-a-warrior-but-now-really... Oh, just find the clover." The tom shook his head as the inner monologue continued, trotting down to flank the river side.

There didn't seem to be anything drawing his attention - at least nothing green. Plenty of fish swam below the current, tempting his paws to take a detour. But no. Kestrelwing was on a mission. He had to find this clover and get back to Fernkit and find the floof's sister and then wash his paws of it all.

This would not become a recurring habit for him.

"Damn," he snarled under his breath as he reached a curve in the riverbed with not even a hint of clovers. Were they even real? Or was it something Fernkit had made up to send him on a wild goose chase. Oh, if that was the case he certainly didn't appreciate it. "Someone is going for a swim," Kestrelwing growled as he turned, stalking back in the direction of where he was planned to meet back up with Fernkit

Just as he was about to round the corner something caught his ear, swiveling it backwards. The sound of tumbling water over stones, quiet yet still distinct enough to be heard.

It was worth a shot, at least...

He pushed his way through the reeds, parting them with a shove of his skinny shoulders. Up ahead was a slightly large waterfall, one of which Kestrelwing had to crane his neck back to see the top of. On each side of him extended outwards were moss paths, circling outwards from his paws and meeting together behind the waterfall. The ground was springy and plants seemed to thrive, and a smile curved on his face.

This had to be it.

He moved quickly from one patch to the next, getting closer and closer to the back of the waterfall. Paws skidded around the side, ignoring the sprays from the waterfall. None here, nor there...

Halting in his tracks, Kestrelwing's yellow eyes locked onto two tall standing plants, their stems skinny and faces bent slightly forward. He didn't have to think about it, he just knew. These were the clovers.

Relief lapped at his paws like the waves at Lionsbeach and he bent his neck down tot examine his prize. One was tall, thicker than the others. Next to it a smaller one, with leaves just beginning to bloom. Without realizing it Kestrelwing laughed. How ironic was this. Out of all the place he'd checked there hadn't been a single sighting of clovers, and how were were two perfect ones. If this was his luck, then so be it. At least he'd found them.

Carefully the tom picked them both by the stems and backed out from behind the screen of the waterfall. Two would be enough, and if Fernkit demanded more, well, then he could march back here himself and look.

A swish of his tail and a throw back of his shoulders and the gray tabby tom sauntered out of the enclosed space, a light skip in his step as he made his way back to where his companion awaited.

Last edited by spade; March 16th, 2021 at 03:09 AM.
Old March 16th, 2021, 02:00 AM
Mysterious....

My Mood: Dark

I did all three

Old March 16th, 2021, 05:25 AM
pastel king

Bump Policy: 24 Hours w/ Due Date, 72 if no Due Date
My Mood: Adorable

Around the Territory/Camp:

(WOO TIME FOR A CAT ZOMBIE AU)

Fawnkit walked out of the nursery surprised by the chill in the air. He looked around for everyone but couldn't seen to find them. "Hello?" , he called, feeling sad and alone. He heard a noise coming from outside camp and he knew he wasn't supposed to leave camp buuuut nobody was here so it was probably his best bet. He wandered out of camp, normally he would've enjoyed the forest and the sound of the birds- the birds!! That's what had been bothering him!! The forest was so quiet. He was debating calling out again when he hear a scream. "Was that Rainywhisker?", he asked in alarm before charging off. The sight he saw was enough for him to almost fall over. Rainywhisker, their medicine cat, lying in a pool of his own blood. But that wasn't the scariest part. He had a chunk of his flesh bitten out by what were to small to be dog and to clean to be fox. He didn't register what it was until he heard a noise coming from the trees. He turned around slowly to see Eveningmist frothing at the mouth with a hint of blood. He turned back shocked to Rainywhisker and the tom called out "Run Fawnkit!! You must find the four leaf clover and save your clan from the zombies!! ", with that Rainywhisker layed down his eyes closed. Fawnkit felt panic building in his chest and he wanted to bury the tom but a murmur of "brains,, " coming from Eveningmist was enough to send him running. He ran towards the edge of the Territory hoping that one of the other clans could help, but it seemed as if every cat had become a brainless zombie!! He knew his only choice was to find the four leaf clover Rainywhisker had mentioned. He searched and searched and just when he was about to give up, he saw it!! Glimmering in the light he silently sent a thank-you to Starclan and carefully clipped the clover off with his teeth. He had saved the clan!! Soon his clanmates turned back to normal and celebrated. Buckstar personally came up to him and announced to the clan "Behold!! This kit shall now be Cloverstar!! The new leader of Cloverclan!!" Fawnkit was so happy!! But when a sharp pain in his stomach woke him up he realized it had all been a dream. His sister Mosskit had pawed him in her sleep. "Move over silly", he muttered, crestfallen that his dream hadn't been real, but when he saw a four-leaf clover right outside the nursery, he smiled and grabbed it. Sure, it may not be as fantastic as his dream, but he preferred being Fawnkit over Cloverstar anyways,,,

Hope you enjoyed!! TLDR: Fawnkit save the forest from a zombie apocalypse and becomes the leader of Cloverclan only to wake up and be disappointed it was a dream, but he smiles to himself when he finds a clover tucked into the nest.

Sign my Sig, Stinky Staff Members!
If non-staff is interested, VM me and I'll add you <3

Last edited by Fawnhearted; March 16th, 2021 at 05:34 AM.
Old March 16th, 2021, 08:20 AM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Here is the river prompt: Blizzard eating a clover by the river
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 06F60A6A-92A9-448C-9BE2-BF3F85E4B244.jpg (8.6 KB, 11 views)

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here

Last edited by Mango; March 16th, 2021 at 08:21 AM.
Old March 16th, 2021, 08:26 AM
Matching with Octavia!

Bump Policy: M-F 8AM-4PM
My Mood: Asleep

My Submissions

~The River Submission~
~Moonstep~

Moonstep was delighted to hear about the clovers that have grown near by, she was waiting for this day sience she was a kit. now all she had to do.....was find them. the fierst place she decided to look was near the River. "there must be lots near the river, there has just got to be" she said as she padded her way to the river, the first place she looked was under a rock. she gasped as she found two four leaf clovers under it "yay!, my first two four leaf clovers of spring" she said jumping up and down she then went gathering pine needdels and started makeing a small basket out of them she then put her two four leaf clovers in the basket, she then started to look around more. as time went on she soon found in total 10 four leaf clovers near the river. she was happy to find them at last.

~The Camp Submission~
~Gingerspot~

Gingerspot had watched as her friend Moonstep had went to the river to find clovers, she thought she mite as well look arround the clan as well.
she first searched the warriors den. "i do hope to find at least a few four leaf clovers around the dens" she said as she looked around she then looked at the corner of the warriors denn she smiled seeing a four leaf clover she smiled picking it up. she then went to look around the out side off the entrence. there near the opening she found two more clovers. "this is getting fun, every time" she said. she then looked near the apprentice den finding two more clovers there as well, she was happy to find clovers. as time went on she soon founf 7 four leaf clovers around the tarritory.

~The Tarritory Submission~
~Moonstep~

Moonstep hummed as she reterned from the river with her basket she looked around Thunderclan Tarritory. "hmm, i wonder if there are some around here as well" she said as she set her basket down near a tree. she then began to look near a berry bush she smiled finding a clover. picking it she continued her search. she looked under bushes and near trees happily humming as she found two, to three under a bush. she smiled as she looked at the pile she had of clovers, over her serch she had collected 8 clovers
altogether.

will do art soon as well

Hi Im Moonlight
Moonstar Has a Open Den Policy in Heartclan!, if you ever need her do not hesitate to come to her den for her if need be.
Heartclan {Sign Up Re-Revamp}
Heartclan Main RP
Moonspot Family Finder
Old March 16th, 2021, 08:45 AM

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Chatty

Leafkit and Frostkit
Leafkit was curled up in her moss nest when she remembered her plan to find clovers. Quickly, she got up and looked around. Leafkit spotted Frostkit already curled up and quickly woke her, the wind rustling Leafkit's ears. "Come one, wake" she teased Frostkit. Leafkit did not want to go find clovers alone. "Whyyyyyy" Frostkit meowed, letting out a long, sleepy moan. "We just have to find clovers" Leafkit quickly meowed, nudging Frostkit to her paws. Frostkit spotted a stone with a crack in it. "We could start looking here" she meowed, flicking her tail towards the rock. Leafkit nodded, and they both scraped their paws in the cracks. Frostkit had a little cut at the end of her paw, but at least they had got some clovers. "Yes!" Leafkit meowed triumphantly, but quickly stopped when she saw Frostkit's paw. "Are you ok? You could go dry it in the moss" she mewed encouragingly to her friend. "And get my bedding wet?" Frostkit teased but wiped her paw on the moss. "Should we look in the clearing?" she mewed when her paw was clean. Leafkit nodded and they went after Frostkit. She looked in a patch of tight woven vines, and opened her mouth to pick up a few clovers. "Found some!" Leafkit meowed to Frostkit as she put them down. Frostkit put her ones down too. And then they spotted in the middle of the pile - a four leaf clover!

Fernstream
Fernstream padded out of camp and into the icy snow, her paws aching. She looked around and scented the air - Fernstream scented mice and - clovers? She quickly went towards the base of the scent. Fernstream padded over to a bush, her paws now covered in snow. "Yes, some clovers!" she meowed and took them into her mouth. Fernstream found a nice dry patch under the tree and put the clovers there. She quickly dashed off to find some more clovers. There was a nice amount in a crack of a rock, and some on a grassy patch. Fernstream put them all down and looked through the pile. And then... "A four leaf clover!" she exclaimed happily. This would give her some luck for sure.

Tornpaw
Tornpaw padded into the hollow, his depressions surging through. He gave himself a quick lick and murmured "You can do this" Tornpaw was about to try and catch prey when he saw a glittering waterfall, reflection the stars. Can I go through? he wondered and padded towards it. Tornpaw put one paw through, and felt that there was hard ground on the other side. "You can do this he murmured again. Even though he was not a RiverClan cat, he did like Water. Tornpaw quickly leaped through, the loud rushing noise in his ears. When he was through, he was really impressed. "Wow" Tornpaw meowed in astonishment. There were beautiful flowers and shells all around, and the prey scent was rich. But there was another scent - "Clovers!" He exclaimed. Maybe he would be lucky enough to find a four leaf clover? Tornpaw noticed it came from the shells - maybe he would have to open one of them? He tried with five, and there was nothing in them. But then he saw the brightest one - a glittery white shell with blue marks. Tornpaw quickly slid his claw through to open it, and was really happy with what he saw - a four leaf clover! All his depressions were forgotten!

Imma do more later!

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

RiverClan Healing || Medicine Cat Den

Last edited by starry; March 17th, 2021 at 02:38 AM.
Old March 16th, 2021, 09:56 AM
KeadeIsntEmo

Bump Policy: Idk
My Mood: Unpredictable

In Camp: using: Halfkit Gender/Pronouns: non-binary [they/them]

Halfkit was so so so so board! They wanted to play! Then they remembered spring is coming! “I am going to find a four-leaf clover!” they muttered under there breath.

Halfkit ran out into the camp clearing. They looked under some rocks, they looked in some flowers, but guess what? There were still no four-leaf clovers! They looked everywhere! I mean it felt like it. they thought. They ran to the medicine cats den. They looked in the shelves and stuff. Then as they were about to leave, they looked in the back corner of the medicine cat den and they found a........ FOUR-LEAF CLOVER.

Halfkit ran back to the Nursery, nothing would happen to them now!

The End

Credit to @WinterRabbit5350 for my Profile pic!

I used to me MossFlower123 and Hazelfrost, and you can call me Magic! Or Hazel if you like.

Feel free to bump me on this thread: http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/...ight=Bump+page
[SIZE=“1”]

Join SpringClan!: http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/...d=1#post947340 Buy something at my shop!:
http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=36532
Old March 16th, 2021, 10:19 AM
chasing away dreams

Bump Policy: once a week/48 hours for anything time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

In Camp Submission

Tawnypaw's ears twitched, her fur was bristling happily as she felt the warmth of the sun resting upon her back, she LOVED the warmth of it!

Looking around, the chocolate tortoiseshell gave out a happy yawn, standing up and padding around camp, what should she do? Her blue-gray gaze looked curosily around at the cats in the clearing.

Should she go talk to Flutterkit? Nah, she might be busy or something. Go ask if she can go hunting? No, too much things were already happening..what about..

"An adventure!" She chirped happily towards herself, earning her some glances of confusion, but that didn't stop her! Being as happy as she was, bounced up and down, and decided to stroll around camp, seeing if she can find anything.

The young apprentice strolled around camp, looking around the clearing. No sign of anything suspicious or anything unusual yet. What if she looked in the other dens? The thought just made the apprentice twitch her ears happily, pretty much glad to be doing this.

Turning over towards the elder's den, she padded her way right on over, tail raised and everything! Maybe being a little rude about waking any elder's from her sleep, she looked around the den..hoping to find something. But unfortunately, there was nothing there?!

Tawnypaw pouted a little, saying a small sorry to the elders before immediately dashing off. Where else was there to look? There was the warriors den, but she doesn't wanna wake any cranky warriors that are being lazy or something like that.

There was also the nursery! But she didn't want to annoy any of the queens with her very childish manner..Wait! There was one place she had forgotten!

The apprentice's den!

How was she so foolish? The young molly placed a small paw on her head, before happily making making her way over towards the narrow entrance, making her smile widely.

"I can check here for anything!" she squeaked, making her bounce up and down like a playful little kit. She bounced right on in there, being careful to not destroy any of the beds or anything within the den.

After probably hours of searching, her hopes of finding anything slowly started to die down. She had a small, barely even visible smile on her face, her paws starting to ache from looking around and such.

Just as she was about to give up and leave..a small plant had caught her eye..was it..it couldn't be..

She padded over towards it, an loud shriek of excitement as she noticed that the tiny green thing was.

"A FOUR-LEAF CLOVER!!!" She yowled, immediately going over towards it. She had heard about these things for a long time! She couldn't wait to show Flutterkit and the others of what she found!

Carefully, she bit down on the stem, taking it out of the ground. It was rather tricky to get it out carefully, but luckily it was in good condition! "Now, to show Flutterkit what I got!" she purred, her chest rumbling happily as she padded off. Her eyes shut with her tail in the air, this wasn't so bad after all!

┏━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┓
Springlight is one of ThunderClan’s current medicine cats.
She has a semi-closed den policy.
Feel free to DM or VM me if you have any questions or concerns!

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.
I am simply playing as their character.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.
I hope that's understandable.

ThunderClan HealingThunderClan Medicine DenCharacter Biographies

┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

worm wiggled his way in owo
ghostie is haunting this sig!
surprise! it's velli, several months late. shocker
Old March 16th, 2021, 10:29 AM
KeadeIsntEmo

Bump Policy: Idk
My Mood: Unpredictable

Prompt: in Territory: Hazelkit realizes that she can’t find a four-leaf clover because she is blind.

Credit to @WinterRabbit5350 for my Profile pic!

I used to me MossFlower123 and Hazelfrost, and you can call me Magic! Or Hazel if you like.

Feel free to bump me on this thread: http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/...ight=Bump+page
[SIZE=“1”]

Join SpringClan!: http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/...d=1#post947340 Buy something at my shop!:
http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=36532

Last edited by *-*Magic....*-* :D; March 16th, 2021 at 01:23 PM.
Old March 16th, 2021, 10:51 AM
visual novel enjoyer

Bump Policy: literally whenever
My Mood: Yeehaw

will update with other submissions later :]

Last edited by littlelove; March 23rd, 2021 at 09:58 AM.