Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > The Starcave > Resurrections

Notice
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Claws Out, Eyes Open! -...
by paris
Last post by Yoshdo
Today 09:15 AM
ShadowClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by poppy
Today 09:13 AM
Lf Vinepaw sig Headshot
Last post by Tallstar
Today 09:05 AM
I've returned... to find a...
Last post by gs29513
Today 09:03 AM
Ready to devour all your...
Last post by Tallstar
Today 08:55 AM

Old November 24th, 2023, 10:50 AM
ruthlessness is mercy.

Bump Policy: 4 days [time sensitive: 2 days]
My Mood: Queenly

Default mumblepaw.

Quote:
In their presence, any cat would feel small.

Keen eyes gaze at you, judging you for your worth. You know you are not the first cat to come here - nor will you be the last. But you've come with a mission, and all you have to do is sell yourself.

"What makes you stand out from the rest of the cats who want another chance?"
He lingers, standing infront of them. The stories of others being put in the same position as him. Everyone had different motives, most would call themselves selfless. No, they were the opposite. Mumblepaw sits, the Starless Stalks hadn't kept him for long, at least that's what he was hoping... That cat was on the lookout for fang and he seemed fairly determined. But even he knew that Mumblepaw was selfish, that their own goal was to return to avenge someone he thought they were close too.

The calico doesn't speak while he gathers his thoughts. Snake lets out a sigh, if he were to return they would have to do a proper battle training. Then become a warrior. And after that? Do what, sit and watch the brewing rebellion? It felt like it was a pointless goal, but honesty was the best path he could pick, was it not? The Starless Stalks had dragged him there for a reason, the Stars That Guide hadn't wanted someone like fang in their ranks. It made him feel like a child, like he was begging for a chance to go back. But wasn't that what every cat did?

Their maw finally opens to start the pleading. Be honest. "My motive is only to gain something for myself. The settlement does not need me, that is true. My reasoning is to avenge my father, yes. But that would surely fail in the long road. My real goal is return to the living, hide in the tunnels like a coward if I must. Returning to the Settlement that Guides the River if my fathers successor allows? Out of the question to me, it is cowardice. I just wish to live again. To say that I will better a whole Settlement is a flat-out lie. To escape whatever place I was dragged to in this afterlife is what I really want." The cat falls silent before catch his struggling breath before starting back up afterwards.

"I will simply disappear in the wind, to leave the history of the Settlement that raised me behind, take on a false name, join a different settlement and deny any life before it. Mumblepaw simply will be a tale of lies to me, I will change even my speech." He freezes for a moment, allowing the words to linger in the air as the thoughts come from the pool in their mind. The memories of his life faintly arriving in his mind. "I was killed by the Second-In-Command named Vulturefang, to say that he will not hunt me down is something I do not know, if does then so be it, if he allows me another chance then I will only need the one,"

He falls silent, awaiting the words of those who judge them. Fang's posture does not fade, he sits straight. Waiting for the rebuttal that is sure to happen. Snake's words are not perfect, nothing is for them. He lost everything now, they will never catch him, the past would be gone, never being confirmed by them if asked. The Settlement, it's former home would forget them in time anyways. Erasing the history of "Mumblepaw" in return for being allowed to be alive once more.

Leafbare was starting, the tunnels would be in worse condition, he was sure of that. The harsh weather of Leafbare would take a toll, but it was worth the risk of returning now. It was the perfect chance to erase it all. Gingerfrost....? His father was nobody to him now. He was the only connect and now he was gone. The history can only be gone in the wind, and that's all that matters...

I would've died for your sins
Instead, I just died inside
And you deserve prison, but you won't get time

--
✰ [ stag’s carrd ]✰

kat sneaks away from aries... and runs into carmen

Last edited by vellichor; April 1st, 2024 at 12:08 AM.
Old November 24th, 2023, 11:43 AM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Bump Policy: 3 days ✧ 24 hours for time sensitive rps
My Mood: Mysterious

Default Re: mumblepaw.

Dustpoppy
Dark tan cat with black points and light blue eyes || shadow spirit

Another day, another sniveling spirit pleading for another chance. Dustpoppy immediately (albeit reluctantly) found her attention captured by the calico that approaches the council, and rather than speaking immediately like many others, they took a moment to gather their thoughts, and Dust wondered if they chose to get their mind together in order to speak thoughtfully. And perhaps they would... eventually. Staring down her nose, the warm toned cat eased her way out of the shadowy and starry ranks, claiming her spot as one of the three.

Nodding stiffly as this calico conceded that they were next to useless to the Clan, which she wouldn't tell them that they were more than accurate with that statement, but she wouldn't disagree with them. Ghostly blue hues shifted and a small, raspy chuckle escaped her. Avenge their father?

Unless they planned on digging up their father's body to punish Gingerstar's heart for failing him, revenge would be a vain venture to make. But Dustpoppy wouldn't reveal that- if this cat wanted to spend their second chance on a useless path for vengeance, she would watch with interest. (given that the calico even got another chance).

"You wish to return to life... not to care for the Clan that raised you, not to honor your name or improve the life you had, or even finish things that you had failed to do, but merely because you want to change everything and flee from your Clan and instead affiliate yourself with another, rejecting your name and family and Clan?" Dustpoppy wasn't one to speak a lot, but she was struggling to make sense of that. After the cat's cause of death was revealed- killed by Vulturefang, ShadowClan's deputy last she checked- Dustpoppy had the briefest flash of an idea- to send the cat back under the condition that it had to join ShadowClan with it's murderer, but she wasn't sure that was allowed. If only.

"So you're trying to say that you stand out and are more worthy of a second chance from those who have attempted it before by revealing that you're more selfish than anyone who has come here before. That makes you less worthy, not more." Dustpoppy was tempted to reject this cat's plea straight out, turn them away and send the ghost back to where he crawled out of, but she wasn't stupid. She knew that wasn't how it worked. Even if the cat was a fool. Because if you're wanting to be sent back just to live some more and reject everything that you held in your first life, then you're better off dead.

Pausing briefly, but still claiming her spot as the first to speak. "How will you benefit others if you are given another chance? A second chance is a gift and an honor, and if you only plan to live selfishly and cowardly, it's a waste and an insult to those who are more deserving than you- who will do more than you."

[ @vampire ]

nightshade | birdsnow | daybreak | fallenkit

Last edited by poppy; November 24th, 2023 at 11:47 AM.
Old November 25th, 2023, 12:15 PM
ruthlessness is mercy.

Anger bubbled in the cat, he lets out a sigh before sorting through the fellow Starless Stalks cat's words. Father forgive me for what I am about to say... The mental statement being followed by a verbal response to the shecat's words. "If you think that that murderer deserves me back in her Settlement then you are mistaken, if I am allowed to return then she will pay, in due time that is. My own revenge would be fruitless if I rejoined her Settlement. Her own Commandership has it's own rebellion brewing anyways, if I mess with that then what is stopping her from being killed by her own Settlement? I was apart of the backbone of removing Beansprout from his position, but now I would have to watch from afar, that isn't that fun, now is it?" He shifts his weight to the right as they stand, meeting the shecat's gaze.

The calico allows her time to state anything she has after that, his words once again coming out with a tone of swift anger that cools itself fairly quickly. (his attempt at keeping a flat tone was slowly failing.)"You don't not understand fully why I wish to escape that hellscape, I- As I said, wiping away my past life isn't to be petty towards my former Settlement. Larkwing made a brand new warrior her new deputy, if you think I want to return to that then once again, you are very much mistaken. With Vulturefang being my murderer, I could strike a dumb and idiotic deal with you and the other cats, one that states that if I was allowed to return I must join the Settlement That Stalks The Shadows. But deals don't get cats anywhere," He mews. Sitting down again before catching his breath, the small gasps for air not aiding his argument but here fang was.

Mumblepaw is selfish, they know that and so does that cat. The whole point was to escape his own fate. The white-pawed learner shudders lightly, from a chill in the air? Not even he knew. Remaining still as he collects himself and snake's thought as it tried to sort each one. "Begging to go back doesn't get me anywhere, I could be on my paws and belly saying how loyal I am, yet I see that as useless endeavor, so I will simply say hat my actions of running away, losing Martenkit and every unjustified action were that of my own and I take faults in them. But I have no regrets during my life, every pawstep I took, every word I said to Beansprout or to my former Settlement was well-deserved, Bumblestar was able to clean up the goal of my actions, so wiping that away in the wind will be the first step in getting my "revenge" on Larkwing," He harshly states. The mew fading to silence as they waited to be spoken to again. Where were the other ones, this cat wasn't the only one needed was she?

[ @poppy. & @/ the other two ]

--
✰ [ stag’s carrd ]✰

Last edited by stag; November 25th, 2023 at 12:19 PM.
Old November 27th, 2023, 02:18 AM

Bump Policy: 48 hours
My Mood: Dead

Barkblaze sauntered out of the shadows, eyes flickering to the apprentice already in conversation with Dustpoppy. He listened with vague interest as snake chattered on, spouting useless reasons why their selfishness made them more worthy for a second chance than anyone else.
He sneered at the apprentice and the blatant disregard for the other Wardens reasons for denying them.
Did they not listen?
"We cannot bring back every cat that feels the call of vengeance take hold of their heart, else StarClan and the Dark Forest would be severely thinned out. Cats are murdered everyday, by leaders, by deputies. It's part of warrior life.
I will give you a chance to speak more, about your injustices, and maybe give you a second thought to reconsider. Now answer me this: Why should we, who's interest is for that of the balance of the Clan's, be willing to let someone with no intent to contribute to that balance when they return, to have a second chance we could give to someone more deserving?

He approached the group finally, and stood at Dustpoppy's side.
Although he kept a close eye on the Clan's to remain well informed, he didn't care enough to actively wish for the downfall of Larkwing if she was at least competent at her job. A lazy leader was one thing. But that wasn't up to individual dead cats to decide to take into their paws.
And it was a poor reason to wish to return.
"You have not said anything so far to convince me that you should be allowed back among the living."
Barkblaze sniffed as something in particular of what Mumblepaw said got right under his fur.
"Child, do not think that we don't pay attention to the happenings of your little world. I know very well that you are not responsible for Beanstar's death in any sense, much less the "backbone". Hah, your little 'rebellion' was little more than a bunch of hot air among gossiping geese. If you wish to be taken seriously, please do not tell lies, much less ones so bold and easily disproven."
He narrowed his eyes at the apprentice.
It wasn't a definite no yet. He'd give snake a chance, but Mumblepaw was on thin ice.

[ @poppy. ; @vampire ]

Add me on PokémonGo: K9WVBVJYJ

While I do not (currently) have any cats in the Clan's, I try to have at least a few role plays with my outsiders (Sedgestorm, Woollyfeather) and my StarClanner Coldamber. Most of my role plays until I feel well enough to keep up with sweeps will be related to Covenant of the Sky duties.

Last edited by Abyssopelagic; November 27th, 2023 at 02:59 PM.
Old November 27th, 2023, 02:04 PM
I'm not hated.

Bump Policy: 48-72 hours

》| SnowLeopard - Ancient Thunderclan Med - Dark Forest - She/Her |《

Joining Barkblaze and Dustpoppy, SnowLeopard unveiled herself. Black Bengal markings a stark contrast to her white fur. A soft sigh escaped her maw as she listened to the banter of the three others. "But what can you do? Nothing you've spoken of makes me want to let you back, and if you want to `wipe away your past life` as you say, then why ask to return in your previous body?" Blue-gray eyes thinned as SnowLeopard spoke.

"Perhaps it would be of best interest to let you stay here, the clans do not need such a cunning cat among the living. However, I am willing to listen to what you have in mind, and if I find it not needed, then don't expect a good answer from me." If there was one word to describe what SnowLeopard was, it was unsure. Unsure if she should allow one so young back into the world to make many more mistakes, but if snake did, then perhaps that would be their fault.

- @Abyssopelagic @poppy @vampire

velli was here with lots of spray paint
marshall snuck around
Reply lengths/time depends purely on my Motivation, please be patient as I have Dysgraphia and ADD [adhd without the h]
The Awaiting Horrors... [KNY RP] | Dragcave
please feed my beautiful ampharos some berries (also so i can get dp but :3)

No.

Last edited by LostInTheOrchids; December 3rd, 2023 at 12:48 PM.
Old November 30th, 2023, 10:24 PM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Bump Policy: 3 days ✧ 24 hours for time sensitive rps
My Mood: Mysterious

Dustpoppy

"Explain to me how you helped lead Beanstar to his demise. He met his death at the paws of Bumblestar, no? Did you help guide her claws to his throat? Sounds to me like you're a little liar." She sneered at his feeble attempts to convince her that his life was anything of value, and blue eyes flared up as she lashed her tail.

After snake ignored her clear question, her icy eyes narrowed in irritation. Snake didn't even try to respond, instead just making their case more and more pathetic. "I still don't understand why you want to get revenge on Larkstar so desperately. It seems to me like you are similar to many of the cats that already plague the territories; desperate for attention and like to find an easy target- typically an authority figure, to use for your own political gain. The life you plan to lead should you be allowed to return sounds utterly useless and I still fail to see how sending you back will benefit anyone but you."

[ @peach @vampire @Abyssopelagic ]

nightshade | birdsnow | daybreak | fallenkit
Old December 10th, 2023, 01:32 AM

Bump Policy: 48 hours
My Mood: Dead

[ I forgot to close this earlier, sorry guys ]

Barkblaze rolled his eyes as Mumblepaw fell silent. He'd had enough of the waiting game.
With a puff of his chest, he stepped forward.
"Mumblepaw, seeing as you've failed to answer our questions, we will be considering your plea denied. You may try again at a later date if you so wish, but for the now, we have other duties to see to."
He began to turn to leave.
"Farewell."
And with that, he lumbered off into StarClan's territory, none too concerned about how quickly the Dark Forest mollies chose to return to their own sphere of the afterlife.

[ @vampire ; @peach ; @poppy ]

Add me on PokémonGo: K9WVBVJYJ

While I do not (currently) have any cats in the Clan's, I try to have at least a few role plays with my outsiders (Sedgestorm, Woollyfeather) and my StarClanner Coldamber. Most of my role plays until I feel well enough to keep up with sweeps will be related to Covenant of the Sky duties.
Old January 8th, 2024, 10:04 PM
ruthlessness is mercy.

Default the voices inside your head…

The paws weave his way through the dark forest that surrounded him. Dark aura clinging to the cat’s pelt. No words come from his mouth as they cross the pathway and back into that starry place, with those cats. Those who denied him the first time, green eyes carefully turned into the haze covered space that hid the figures, if they dared to even appear from their separate afterlife’s.

Fang takes a seat, new facial wounds batter his face, now in this afterlife, this hell. Blood very slowly dropped from the older learner’s face. His right eye now serves no purpose, blind from the claw marks that covered it. Mumblepaw digs his claws into the earth, all warfare was based on deception…

The calico tries to pick his words wisely this time. Lying would get him farther than last time…someone would end up dead if he was a good enough liar this time around…

Maw opens as he speaks, tone flat, lacking the previous anger he held last time. “I have had time to..rethink myself. My previous declaration was to leave the settlement that guides the river behind. To abandon the settlement that gave me what I had and taught me how to make it in this world. My father’s death was not a simple fault by Larkstar. My own ignorance did not allow me to see past the hatred of my father’s successor. If I am allowed to return, instead of doing it for my own selfish reasons, I will rejoin my former home and serve better than before.” He allows input before speaking again, if the three that lingered in the area had something to say, they had plenty of time.

Mumblepaw clears his throat, catching snake’s breath before starting up again. “By that I mean, being better than what I was before, which was a foolish child who was angry over something that was unavoidable in some aspects…To serve under Larkstar would allow me to grow, like my father would’ve wished for. I do not care what you ask of me in return to be by Larkstar’s side, aiding the settlement that guides the river in whichever way she asks of me. I would much rather serve her than rot in the starless stalks hunting down someone with a target on his pelt already.

He shifts his weight to the left, wincing quietly as the right side of his face moves while speaking. Whisker twitching as he waits for a response. Managing to keep a flat tone that turned to pride when speaking about Larkstar. He gave one last statement before allowing the full group to come in. “If I must die again to defend my home, if I am allowed to return , then so be it, I will stay here. If the stars have it fated I must die to defend those who my father trusted the clan with, then so be it.

--
✰ [ stag’s carrd ]✰

Last edited by stag; January 8th, 2024 at 10:04 PM.
Old January 15th, 2024, 11:57 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Dewkit | Female + She/Her | StarClan
A small, fluffy grey kit with blue eyes and a splash of white on her face.

Huh, a repeat attempt. That wasnt something that was common. Someone having such a seemingly drastic turn around was even more so.

Hidden by the mist the kitten sat and waited for those that judged before to show, keen on seeing the result of their encounters with Mumblepaws new self. Most wardens seemed to wish to be on the cases they'd once rejected so applicants couldnt just bounce to a different cat trying to find sympathetic ears, so Dewkit did what they were good at and waited. And waited. And waited.

A scoff and the kitten stood and stormed through the mist, revealing herself to the apprentice and her obvious ire. It wasnt aimed at Mumblepaw however, lucky for him.
"Mumblepaw was it? Since everyone seems keen on sitting on their hindquarters you'll be getting me to start this time."

Someone better show up following the kit soon or she'd start pulling Brokenstars ear on the other covenant members and what they were doing though, one Dewkit did not a council make.

The tiny kitten spoke with wisdom that seemed contrary to her physical age. "I must say, Im impressed by what youve been doing. Youve taken action against those that wronged you directly and also enforced the borders of the stars even from the side that might benefit most to their degradation. You motivations for acting may be not all altruistic but the action itself was good."

Praise for the single action he'd taken aside there were things to address. The rather heavy self flagellation was one in a way, as overly sentimental as it was. The ability to see ones mistakes was all Dewkit really wanted there. Then a plan, also check but there were concerns and the kitten voiced them, starting to rip the bid to shreds. It wasnt malicious though, just cold. "You wish to serve. That's it. Rather..... Shallow an aim isnt it? Dont you wish to live? To experience what you never were able to in growing old, finding love, enjoying life? A 'pure' warrior like youre proposing might have value to ones clan but is empty. What of yourself?" In a way Dewkit pitied Mumblepaw if this was honest. A goal like this just seemed desperate and devoid of passion this young cat once showed.

"Mumblepaw you were smart and innovative before you died, dont you think that even if all you wish to do is help your clan it cant be done with that? Larkstar doesnt know everything, I know you know that. Objections and ideas have their place in a clan and so do new ideas. Maybe youve pivoted a little to hard into your new resolve perhaps?"
Dewkit didnt demand a total re-haul of this plan really, just some added depth and consideration. Food for thought in other words.

@vampire

Last edited by Rani; January 15th, 2024 at 11:57 PM.
Old January 16th, 2024, 12:16 AM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Daisypool
She/her | StarClan | Ancient ShadowClan Cat
Ears perked and listening intently to Mumblepaw as the tom stepped forward, Daisypool remained silent in order to listen. If she recalled correctly this was the apprentice's second time coming before the council to please his case. His heart had changed fast, she could tell; there was no anger, no malice. There was clearly something different - not just the fresh wounds he now sported.

Dewkit was the first to speak, and brought up some good points. "Dewkit is correct," she finally spoke, having stepped out from the misty to take a seat next to the StarClan kit. "Unlike most cats who die and reside here, you have taken your desires into your own paws and delivered justice where you best saw fit. Not many do that." Most just sat on their rears and waited until they were nothing more than a silent breeze in the Clans below.

"Growing up and learning to look past such anger and resentment is good, and will serve you well should you be granted a second chance. But to simply go back and serve... there must be more you wish to do with your life, no? More you want to experience?" Daisypool couldn't help but echo Dewkit's concerns. A life lost so young; surely there was something other than serving RiverClan that Mumblepaw desired? She had tried to pick apart any emotion within his words but was left searching - aside from the pride in the last bit of it.

There was one other thing she wished to know. "The last time you sought to return, you were angry. Venom coated your sharp words and there was no doubt that if you had been sent back, you likely would've returned to us after an expected attempt on Larkstar's life." Her gaze darkened just slightly - but it was out of concern, not anger. "I wish to know what exactly it was that changed your mind. Did something happen to make you see it differently now?" She was very glad to see the change, happy for the young cat in front of her - but it did leave her wondering.

@vampire @Rani

Last edited by taillow; January 16th, 2024 at 12:17 AM.