Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > StarClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
foggy dreams and bone deep...
by alec
Last post by alec
Today 02:09 PM
cloudheart 'n berrypaw...
Last post by JackHunt_17
Today 02:07 PM
Count-Down Until A Staff...
Last post by MelonMile
Today 02:01 PM
April Gathering
by dino.
Last post by Alchemist Kitsune
Today 01:55 PM
A Very Impulsively Made...
Last post by hades.
Today 01:52 PM

Old February 29th, 2024, 11:52 AM

Status: I'm a zombie and I'm hungryyyy... Also if I have to get scolded can't it be for something I did?
Bump Policy: After 24 hours.
My Mood: Dead

Default Re: Stormy Seas in the Milky Way [Private]

Wishkit nodded, the small six moon old listening quietly. So dandelion numbed pain, borage eases fever, and daisy helps with stiffness in the joint? She would remember that. Oh, and after Seabreeze asked his questions she learned that cool water helped with burns, dandelion didn't prevent infection from setting in and wasn't good for open wounds, and that you should harvest just the leaves of borage, though it was okay to harvest the whole daisy plant because they reproduced swiftly. Reproduce was what propagate meant right? Oh, and Mistypaw had a question that hadn't been answered yet. Wishkit couldn't think of any questions to ask. @poppy. @Apyssopelagic @starry @Bean @Theraphosa @finley.exe
My posts are always open unless I say otherwise. VM me if you would like to set up a roleplay with one of my characters or even if you just want to talk. If you have a character that knows one of my characters somehow you're welcome to make a starter and mention me whenever you want to roleplay them together. Birdpaw has flock together tier three and bilingual tier three. Toadpaw has silver tongue. Mantiskit has agatha kitty and mind reader. I often end up editing my applications, especially if I'm not using a form so don't consider my first draft to be final as it likely isn't, especially if it's a kit finder. If one of my characters says, thinks, or does something you don't like please don't get angry at me since I'm just trying to roleplay their personalities.
Old March 1st, 2024, 06:54 PM
♡ Pixie ♡

Bump Policy: ✩1 week / 48 hrs if Time-limited✩
My Mood: Angelic

II She/Her II 23 Moons II RiverClan Warrior II
[ Herbal Knowledge T1 ]

Spottedstream has had an interest in herbs for quite some time, and now Coldamber would teach her more, so the spotted cat made sure to pay attention. The first one the passed medicine cat explained was Dandelion. The spotted cat remembered Adderpaw getting them for her, she never knew they had a use. Although, she did find it quite odd that it helped burns. The next one was borage she payed close attention to the flowers, they would help her find it later. The zesty scent would also help her remember it. last was daisy, which she found very pretty, and yet they were nice for aching joints. That would certainly help the elders, she thought to herself.

[ @Abyssopelagic - sorry if I did anything wrong !! ]

x ghostie is haunting this signature
Bean's favorite staff member Lillian was here
lio sneezed here (achoo)
you see crude graffiti... it spells "velli wuz here"
Rose caught the sickness (oh dear)
My Soul is in @/Ian's basement with some ice cream
Pocket Full Of Purrkies
Old March 3rd, 2024, 03:37 AM

Coldamber pauses and considers Mistypaw's question. She's never applied daisy to an open wound before. She'd only ever used it for elders with swollen joints and ligaments.
She couldn't say for certain whether or not that was a good idea, but she was unsure that she wanted such untrained paws doing experimental work.
She let her teeth worry at the inside of her cheek as she thought. Surely, it wouldn't do any real damage. Technically, there was nothing wrong with putting dandelion on an open wound, as it mostly only caused stinging. It wasn't like it'd suddenly become toxic if applied to broken skin.
Eventually, she simply sighed.
"I'm not sure, actually. I've never tried it myself. I think we should keep our uses strictly to unbroken skin, in the meantime. I am unsure if it would be a good idea to ask your group to try your paws at experimentation."

[ @starry ]

Add me on PokémonGo: K9WVBVJYJ

While I do not (currently) have any cats in the Clan's, I try to have at least a few role plays with my outsiders (Sedgestorm, Woollyfeather) and my StarClanner Coldamber. Most of my role plays until I feel well enough to keep up with sweeps will be related to Covenant of the Sky duties.
Old March 3rd, 2024, 01:45 PM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Whenever!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Seabreeze
He/him | Riverclan Warrior | Moons: 15 | Purrks: Sweet as a Flower | The Collector | Ultimate Predator |
“Ocean waters rising above your neck
You feel the glass start to crack."

Seabreeze thought to Coldamber's response about daisies on open wounds before glancing back at his own tail, or lack thereof. It was still a mostly open wound and it constantly ached though the tom couldn't tell if that was due to phantom pains or actual pain. Looking back towards Mistypaw and then Coldamber. Seabreeze agreed at experimentation should not be done by a group like theirs, not enough knowledge to know what to predict anything quite yet, but Seabreeze understood the risk and was curious himself.

He turned to Mistypaw, "If you're curious, I'd be a willing test subject. Coldamber said that the herbs we're learning shouldn't be dangerous so I shouldn't be too hurt afterwards if things go wrong and then we'd know for future reference. My tail is still a mostly opened wound, it hasn't scabbed over all the way, and it aches all the time, so I'd feel any effects. Up to you though."
(Short sorry, not a lot to say this time. @starry )
Old March 7th, 2024, 03:16 AM

//I am so so so sorry for how long this took me to get around to, I've been so busy and so tired because of real life stuff, thank you all so much for your patience with me\\
¤— Coldamber : Death, Upright : she/her
Purrks- World Weaver [T1], Herbal Knowledge [Tier 2] : WindClan Ancestor —¤

Coldamber furrowed her brows at the seemingly unanimous confusion about the functions of poppy seeds and marigold. It was something that seemed to be common knowledge in every other Clan she'd, was this a result from the lacking presence of Medicine Cats that their warriors did not know the basics? This was.... Concerning, to say the least.
And it needed to be fixed.

She immediately supposed red poppies, the centers that held the precious seeds a seeming black and slightly fuzzy mass. Besides them, the cloud like marigolds also sprouted, in a variety of shades of oranges and yellow.
"Small detour, dearies. These will be your staple herbs for any healing. The red flowers are poppy. But it is not the flower that you use. Inside the folds of the petals are dark little seeds. These seeds are to be eaten by your patient, but only give them one or two.
It will ease general discomforts and pains, helps calm emotions - especially shock, eases muscles that are spasming, and assists in sleep. Do not give them to pregnant queens, or kittens under 4 moons of age, as you run the risk of harming the little ones. I know that is scary, but this is an important herb to keep at paw.
The orange and yellow herb beside it is marigold. The flower is chewed into a fine poultice and applied to open wounds, it prevents infection, but does not rid the body of one that has already set in, but it can keep the infection from spreading further or getting worse, but you will want to use other herbs to be rid of the infection altogether."

With that over with, she moved on to her pre-planned teachings.
After a moments consideration, she grew a broom brush. Straight, and pointy looking branch-like appendages sprouted from the ground, made less menacing by the vibrant, yellow flowers that grew along the entire length of the each limb. It had taken her awhile to identify the little bush based on a mere description, and one as wildly misleading as "looks similar to bluebells".....
In her honest opinion, they looked more similar to a particular species of orchid or pea-flowers, but she doubted a Clan cat would have ever seen, much less connected the dots on certain flowering fruits and nuts for that last one to make sense if she explained it to them.
"This is broom. It's use was discovered by one of RiverClan's Medicine Cat's from only a fair few seasons ago named Fawnlight. It's use is almost identical to marigold, as the flowers are to be chewed into a poultice and applied to wounds to prevent infection. They do not, to my knowledge, combat infection that has already taken hold."
She was rather glad she didn't have to try to describe this plant. It would be a mess to try to articulate this bizarre little thing that looked like few other plants she'd ever seen before, and certainly nothing like any other herbs she knew.
"You'll find them on dry hillsides, forest clearings, dry scrublands, and dried up riverbeds. I would recommend the hills and old riverbeds to be the first areas you look, as it's where I've found them most, but they are not uncommon in the other mentioned places."

Since she'd ended up teaching two other herbs, she decided to pause here, to allow everyone a moment to catch up, and ask their questions before moving on.

Blessed Thistle
Rosemary
Chickweed
Comfrey
Dock
Juniper Berries

[ @poppy. , @Bean , @Theraphosa , @starry , @Katiethewolfchild , @finley.exe ]

Add me on PokémonGo: K9WVBVJYJ

While I do not (currently) have any cats in the Clan's, I try to have at least a few role plays with my outsiders (Sedgestorm, Woollyfeather) and my StarClanner Coldamber. Most of my role plays until I feel well enough to keep up with sweeps will be related to Covenant of the Sky duties.
Old March 7th, 2024, 04:34 AM

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Chatty

Hm.. so Coldamber wasn’t too sure on Mistypaw’s question. The RiverClan molly gave an understanding nod, knowing this cat couldn’t know everything. “Right, okay.” Before she could ponder any more Seabreeze’s idea came, which really interested her. He’d allow her to experiment on him? Well, if he was alright with it, she wouldn’t say no. It would be an interesting thing to know in the future, for both her and Seabreeze. ”If you really don’t mind... that would be great. Can be useful sometime in the future,” she mewed with a small smile to the tomcat.

Oh, so Coldamber was giving them a quick rundown on the staple herbs for healing now. Mistypaw tipped her head curiously and listened closely. First was poppy. She knew what it did and that it was a red flower, but no more than that. So she should only ever give one or two to anyone she was treating, and it helped with discomfort, pain and helps calm emotions. The scarred tabby nodded at the warning to not give them to pregnant queens or kits under 4 moons. She didn’t want to harm anyone. She did not find it too scary, actually, but she supposed some might. One question was still stuck in her mind though. “Poppy makes cats sleep, depending on the amount given, right?“ she questioned. While healing in the raid she’d already gathered some experience with poppy seeds but she would rather ask the question and make sure before accidentally harming a cat. Her deep amber eye was fixed on the poppy flowers and she noted every possible detail. They had a bright red color and a darker black-ish center, where the seeds were situated. There was also a small pop of light yellow color int he middle. The stems were super thin and they had leaves that looked similar to ferns, along with some buds growing out of the flower. She would make sure to remember that.

Next was the herb beside the poppy, which Coldamber described as marigold. It had yellow-orange flowers and many leaves around its stem. Mistypaw pricked her ears as WindClan’s former medicine cat spoke. So, it was supposed to be chewed into a fine poultice and applied to open wounds. It prevented infection but didn’t rid of infections that had already started. However it could stop the infection from spreading further and getting worse. To get rid of the infection alltogether, however, other herbs should be used. She didn’t have any questions for this herb, it seemed simple enough and could be applied on open wounds so no trouble here. Mistypaw still enjoyed using horsetail though, as it also had an effect on stopping the bleeding instead of simply preventing infection. It was always helpful to know other herbs though, incase the herb storage was ever low and didn’t have her preferred herbs.

After that, another plant grew out of the ground. This one also had flowers but not big, full ones, rather small ones that grew along the whole length of the stems. It was a pretty straight, pointy and thick bush. As Coldamber spoke she was prepared to listen, but something in her snapped at the mention of Fawnlight. Her sister, her ray of sunshine, dead. Like all of her family, like all of the cats she loved. A single teardrop rolled down her cheek but she quickly wiped it away with a paw and pretended it never happened. So many cats came back, why couldn’t Fawnlight, Blizzardwind, Stormtalon, and all the rest of them come back to RiverClan as well? They deserved it. Mistypaw’s breath was caught in her throat and she tried to let out a sigh, but soon gave up and forced herself to pay attention to the herb lesson again. Maybe that would make her more relaxed. Broom’s flowers were also used by chewing them into a poultice, and applied to wounds to prevent infection. Oh yeah, that was pretty much marigold. So broom was found on dry hillsides, forest clearing, dry scrublands, and dried up riverbeds. “Understood,” she mewed quietly. Using her voice helped her pick up a normal breathing pattern again, but there was still a lingering uneasy feeling weighing her shoulders down.

@Theraphosa @Abyssopelagic

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

RiverClan Healing || Medicine Cat Den

Last edited by starry; March 7th, 2024 at 04:36 AM.
Old March 7th, 2024, 04:35 AM

Status: I'm a zombie and I'm hungryyyy... Also if I have to get scolded can't it be for something I did?
Bump Policy: After 24 hours.

Wish kit listened closely, nodding at the answer to Mistypaw's question. So no dandelions on opened wounds? When Coldamber began teaching them some more herbs she listened closely. So poppy seeds was good for discomfort and pain, helped calm emotions, especially shock, eased spasming muscles, and assisted in sleep, but shouldn't be used on kits under four moons of age or pregnant queens and should only be used one or two at a time. Marigold prevented infection and could keep an infection from getting worse spreading, but didn't cure infection . Broom could prevent infection, but as far as Coldamber knew didn't combat infection. She couldn't think of any questions to ask, so the small grey tabby six moon old she-cat remained silent. @poppy. @Bean @Theraphosa @starry @finley.exe @Abyssopelagic
My posts are always open unless I say otherwise. VM me if you would like to set up a roleplay with one of my characters or even if you just want to talk. If you have a character that knows one of my characters somehow you're welcome to make a starter and mention me whenever you want to roleplay them together. Birdpaw has flock together tier three and bilingual tier three. Toadpaw has silver tongue. Mantiskit has agatha kitty and mind reader. I often end up editing my applications, especially if I'm not using a form so don't consider my first draft to be final as it likely isn't, especially if it's a kit finder. If one of my characters says, thinks, or does something you don't like please don't get angry at me since I'm just trying to roleplay their personalities.

Last edited by Katiethewolfchild; March 7th, 2024 at 04:36 AM.
Old March 7th, 2024, 08:13 AM
richie lipschitz !!!

Bump Policy: 1 day time sensitive, 2 days if not [ please provide link ]

ᗢ cobwebpaw ᗢ

purrks ; the collector , herbal knowledge tier 2
she/they . rc . 14 moons . one lame leg . tags ; @Abyssopelagic

[ 125 posts ]

trigger warnings for this post: none
ah stars, she was late. cobwebpaw scrambled to her paws after landing in the dream, seeing the other cats busy working. ' er.. i'm sorry- I fell asleep late after working in the den- i'm sorry. what did I miss? ' she yelped out an explanation, leg aching from the work she had done during the day. ' just a quick refresher. of what we learned. '

cobwebpaw ☆ warblerpaw
trackers

cricket,, cricket,,
Old March 7th, 2024, 06:59 PM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Whenever!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Seabreeze
He/him | Riverclan Warrior | Moons: 15 | Purrks: Sweet as a Flower | The Collector | Ultimate Predator |
“Ocean waters rising above your neck
You feel the glass start to crack.”

A detour? Seabreeze wondered why Coldamber was taking the lesson off the original track but wasn’t complaining when it answered his earlier questions on poppies and marigold. Poppies, small red flowers, the seeds are the useful part which are held in the middle. Only giving one or two to help with pain, shock, calms emotions, but also induces sleep. Seabreeze made a bright and flashy not to give any to kits under four moons or any queens. He wondered why. Were the effects of poppy seeds so potent? Well, surely they are given the fact that it only takes one or two for such powerful effects. The warrior pinned his ears for a moment when he realized what that could mean if the wrong cat got their paws on it before he growled and bit his tongue. Why was it that his mind always turned to the worse.

The next is marigold, as Seabreeze suspected the flowers were chewed into a poultice and applied to open wounds to prevent infection but doesn’t do anything besides stopping spreading once infection already sets in. The next herb was similar- Seabreeze turned his gaze as he heard a sudden change in the ambient noise of his companions. Mistypaw seems distressed, why was she distressed? Then he caught her eyes for a brief moment and then looked at Coldamber. The medicine cat had mentioned someone named Fawnlight, and how they found broom. Fawnlight wasn’t someone that Seabreeze had been very familiar with but then he put the puzzle pieces together and realized that was likely the only reason to Mistypaw’s sudden switch in behavior. Looking to the she-cat again, Seabreeze noticed how she had refocused and the brief moment of vulnerability was gone but now Seabreeze could put a name to it. Grief.

The very thing that constantly haunts Seabreeze, the reason why Seabreeze was even here…Mistypaw, someone so much more brilliant than him was facing the same threat of drowning in such an emotion. That’s…of course, Seabreeze knew other cat’s have gone through the same things that he is currently going through but to have that person right next to him, to be someone he knows was. Strange. For a moment, the warrior felt less alone than he had in moons, as awful as the reason for unity is. Would Mistypaw appreciate company? She seems to be trying to pretend it didn’t happen. Though Seabreeze knew of the pain of being alone. Even worse, being alone in a crowd of cats all around you. Slowly, the tom got to his paws and quietly approached Mistypaw.

Seabreeze took a new seat beside her, giving her space but close enough that his presence was there and noticeable. For a few more moments the tom looked to her, hoping that he was helping and that his, honestly very unclear, message was passed along. The tom didn’t want to say anything about it as it seemed Mistypaw wanted to move on, distract herself maybe like he does when he gets caught up in the past, but he didn’t want her to feel alone despite that. Then in the next moment, Seabreeze focused back on the lesson, though keeping some of his attention on Mistypaw. Broom was about the same as marigold’s use,

Coldamber, is there a reason that you should use marigold over broom or vice versa? Or are their uses that similar?

Broom was found in dried river beds, dry hillsides, forest clearings, and dry scrubland. Look at the hills and dried river beds first. Bright flowers on such a sickly looking stem. Simple enough, Seabreeze thought but his train of thought has been a bit clouded from herbs to concern, he could always discuss any questions he had with Mistypaw or one of the others here later if he needed. As Seabreeze finished his thoughts, a sudden voice from behind them caught his attention.

Looking back, Cobwebpaw was seen making her way over to the group of cats, Seabreeze smiled distantly at her, “I can help catch you up later if you want, though after the lesson, I don’t want to interrupt Coldamber.” Closing blue eyes, Seabreeze recounted the herbs taught prior, “So far we’ve done dandelion, daisy, borage, and we just went over poppy seed, marigold, and then broom.
[ @starry - Mistypaw, @finley.exe - Cobwebpaw, @Abyssopelagic - Coldamber]

Last edited by Dolomedes; March 7th, 2024 at 07:01 PM.
Old March 19th, 2024, 10:23 AM
richie lipschitz !!!

Bump Policy: 1 day time sensitive, 2 days if not [ please provide link ]

cobwebpaw

purrks ; the collector , herbal knowledge t2
she/they . rc . 14 moons . one lame leg . tags ; @starry , @Dolomedes

trigger warnings for this post: none
cobwebpaw, still a bit unsteady on her feet, dipped her head thankfully to seabreeze and then settled herself between mistyshard and seabreeze. ' dandelion, daisy, borage.. i know borage.. then poppy seed- know that- marigold.. and broom. know that. ' she murmured under her breath, considering these. alright.

cobwebpaw ☆ warblerpaw
trackers

cricket,, cricket,,