Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > The Dark Forest

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by Yoshdo
Today 08:58 AM
Count-Down Until A Staff...
Last post by blxze.
Today 08:48 AM
Design Competition!
Last post by Minkuu
Today 08:40 AM
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by burntToast
Today 08:33 AM
chilling by the water [rc...
Last post by Minkuu
Today 08:31 AM

Old October 28th, 2020, 06:33 PM
oyasumi

My Mood: Crazy

Default Re: Welcome to my Nightmare [Private]

(Ghostflight doesn't really care about Dawnstar rejecting her anymore i know the life kinda sucked but i was trying to develop her character @Undertaker )

Ghostflight didn't miss the sharp glare Dawnstar gave her. Was she still hung up on her lives? Don't get stuck in the past, or you'll miss the present. With Dawnstar keeping an eye on her, Ghostflight figured the elders hadn't told stories about what she was actually in the Dark Forest for. Shame. She stretched in an unworried way, and her tail fell off again. Wonderful. Now, where's the mud... She slathered some mud on the end of her tail and slapped the bits back on. Maybe I should just let it go. Oh, the young cats were showing off their hunting skills? If they were decent, maybe the new warriors of Shadowclan weren't that useless after all. "Greetings, Dawnstar," she said cordially, and decided to leave it at that.
Ravenblaze||Dragcave Ask to trade with me!

Dealing with mental health problems, replies will be slow. Bump after 48 hours. PLEASE MENTION ME OR I WILL FORGET WHAT'S GOING ON.

Last edited by ChillCat; October 28th, 2020 at 06:36 PM.
Old October 28th, 2020, 08:11 PM
full time disappointment

Bump Policy: bump after 72 hours
My Mood: Sad

Sparklight woke up in a thick, shadowy forest. This wasn't ShadowClan territory, so... Then it clicked. She was in the Dark Forest. The Dark Forest. Where the evil cats went. Though the warrior was far from evil , she actually didn't mind it here. She caught scent of her leader. "Dawnstar," she greeted with a dip of her head. "What a pleasant surprise to see you here." She was proud she managed to scent the leader. No other Clan would be able to do that. That was a ShadowClan skill.

Her eyes quickly adjusted to the dark, and she looked around, taking in her surroundings. She knew where she was. That was a start, but she needed to know more. Who had brought her here? Why? She wasn't exactly sure, but hopefully she would find out. Realizing that there were other cats here, she growled to herself. If she wanted to be Dawnstar's deputy, she had to be first. She didn't want to be deputy for the power - well actually, she did, but that's beyond the point - but she wanted ShadowClan to be in good paws. She knew Dawnstar would be a great leader, she just needed a good deputy.

@Undertaker

bump after 72 hours
cherrykit
Old October 28th, 2020, 08:15 PM
Oh boy. What've I missed.

My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zesty Mango View Post
@Undertaker

Stempaw found herself awake it what appeared to be a dark forest, it never crossed her mind it was the real Dark Forest, she assumed it was just a strange, dream, but unfortunately her missing leg was still gone. She gave a scent and found a few cats from her clan well, this was a dream, not reality after all. She then spotted her idol, Dawnstar. She found herself staring in awe as she snapped at their clanmates and helped some of the apprentices with hunting, well the dream version of her yelling at dream clanmates,” Dawnstar...I know this is just a dream and not real, but I’ve always wanted to tell you that I’ve always admired your courage and loyalty to the clan, your fighting skills are so powerful, I believe you are the best fighter in the forest. I just wanted to say, I’ve always looked up to you and hope I can one day be half the warrior you are.” she meowed, before pausing, was it okay to say the warrior you are, when she’s a leader,” leader you are sorry. It’s an expression I guess.” she meowed. She was always sad about one thing, that she never got mentored by Dawnstar. She idolized her so much.
Ghosttail

"Suck up." Ghosttail taunted. He tried to cuff the apprentice on the ear lightly as a playful little gesture. Not like he hated Dawnstar, no, but he didn't think anybody should like the leader that much that they spit out an entire paragraph as to why they like her. A waste of breath, really.
Old October 29th, 2020, 06:23 AM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Something told Shrewpaw it wasn't really a mouse. He couldn't smell a single bit of prey in this forest, and he could smell the fear-scent radiating from the bushes. As Foxpaw headed towards it fairly directly, he slid around behind the hiding place. Glad he hadn't been scented, he was bunching his muscles to leap forward, pin the cat down, when they stepped forward. Not leaping, as somehow he judged it would be ineffective, he slid up behind the other cat, hoping that he was still fairly unnoticed. He was only a few tail lengths away now, still crouched among the trees.

He wasn't sure what was going to happen, how Dawnstar would react to this cat, but if things went badly, he could likely incapacitate them before they could turn, just.....lunging out. And hopefully Foxpaw could handle the front, if he went to run. He wasn't sure where on earth Russetpaw had gone, but if they wanted to get chewed out by their leader, who was perfectly capable of doing things in real life too he was sure, then it was his choice. Shrewpaw had no intention of doing ANYTHING that could make him, or Foggybrook, or Blackhaze, or Darkpaw a target in any way. Just be a good little apprentice, do what Dawnstar told him to do. @Undertaker @mareenakit @Mal
Old October 30th, 2020, 03:21 AM
Busy bee

My Mood: Sad

~[Jaggedclaw]~
{@Undertaker}
----------------------------
Heavy pawsteps echoed throughout the hazy forest of dense, skeletal trees. Cold, piercing orbs of gold scanned around, their owner seemingly indifferent to his current whereabouts. He awoke not too long ago to find himself in the realm of the Dark Forest. He'd never really been here but he felt no fear in losing himself among the endless bare trees. It was odd but he felt a sense of home here. ShadowClan cats were meant to walk among the shadows. It was in the clan's name after all. He felt nothing but interest.

Sudden voices caught the scarred tom's attention. So, he wasn't alone here? Huh. Well. There wasn't much to do but investigate. Jaggedclaw flexed his long claws before beginning his trek toward the sounds, face portraying no wariness. There really was no need to be wary, well, at least to him there wasn't.

His large, broad frame strode into view of the assembling cats. He took a few seconds to observe the scene before him before padding over to them. He didn't pay much mind to who was there with him except for someone in particular. Dawnstar sat there among the others, her power and confidence radiating off of her in waves. She was truly a sight to behold. Jaggedclaw had no qualms with her leadership. In fact, he admired her strength and readiness to lead the clan to greatness.

The dark tabby took a spot near the edge of the group before putting his attention back on his leader. "Dawnstar." his gruff voice greeted simply yet politely. Well, it was as polite as the tom could be. He wasn't known to be the most pleasant cat to walk among the living. However, his respect for the she-cat had allowed him to easily push away his normally rough mannerisms.
Old November 2nd, 2020, 05:25 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

The forrest was loud tonight. Granted Shrikepaw hadn't been coming here long but still there was a different feel in the air as the apprentice wrapped up his practicing and looked around scenting the air. It seemed the action was quite a distance off from his location and so Shrikepaw relaxed a bit as he stopped to think, idly moving to cover his scent and lighter markings. Looking no matter how one did it was generally looking for trouble, especially here and Shrikepaw did not have the benefits that the residents of this forest had so it was a risk. But his last risk had turned out well for him didn't it, so he was conflicted.

Curiosity killed the cat.... But when you knew exactly where you were going after you died and visited every night that was not so much of a fear, so the tom disappeared into the shadows as he moved to hunt down the noises.

Stealth was key here and the monochrome tom was not risking getting caught so he stayed well hidden and always under cover stopping in place on occasion to make sure his scent was hidden and covered. Even with all his experience with sneaking and hiding from even his clanmates he did not risk getting within sight of the group settling down within a bush to listen.

Oh and satisfaction brought it back did it not. Dawnstar of all cats was here, and quite a few of his clanmates too. Hmmm who was of note. He heard Shrewpaw the fat furball (oh how Shrikepaw longed for a rematch), Talonstone, aaaaand, oh how interesting! Windstrike. Hmmm. Lots of fearful cats not understanding how this place worked too, stars what idiots.

Listening in was growing boring so oh so quietly he finally moved out from his position slinking around to sit just under a bush at the edges of this little meeting. He was sure no cat had seen him approach so now, cruel wide grin he never let slip in the waking world curled on his muzzle, the tom lay in his half hidden position one paw crossed over the other as he waited to see if anycat actually noticed him. He was only here with idle interest after all and he would be leaving if his mentor called him so he wasn't going to make an effort to be seen. Then again he never did, and boy did he have a lot more information on cats than they thought he did because of it.
Old November 4th, 2020, 05:28 PM
Moonraven's brother

Bump Policy: 3 days

[Apologies this took so long, I got busy]

It seemed one by one more of her clanmates begun showing themselves. She had yet to see if any of them were actually worthy of her attention, but the increase in numbers pleased her none the less. She paid little mind to the cats as they presented themselves, she did nothing more than catching their eye as stepped into her line of sight. Stempaw went on an entire rant about something she was only half-listening to. Unfortunately with Dawnstar, unless the flattery came from some she felt was worth her respect, it was hard for her to stand the sweet-talking. Ghosttail found it a little much as well, Stempaw would have to learn how to dial it back a bit lest she wants to earn Dawnstar's scorn. Shrikepaw, she barely noticed. He moved near silently if it weren't for her eyes and the fact that she was partially always on guard, Dawnstar would have missed him.

'He's been here before, he knows more.'

Sanity commented, making the corner of her lips twitched, she'd keep that in mind. She turned her attention away from the tom and she had more important things to deal with like the rats and the DF wannabes.

Yellowleaf of RiverClan, and Owltalon of WindClan, there was even that useless blabbermouth that had the gull to make demands of her. She had no beef with ThunderClan at the moment, she couldn't help but be naturally hostile to the rabbit, and the blabbermouth was just plain vexing. Yellowleaf looked easy enough to manipulate, the birdbrain let himself get flushed out due to a couple of insults. It wasn't like he'd be able to hide from her anyway, but he apparently let himself get ruffled easily and she could sense the hesitation in his body langue if she made one wrong move he'd flee like the prey he was. As for Blabbermouth, he had no worth if he wasn't in a clan.

"You've flown pretty far from your clan, Birdy." Dawnstar grinned dangerously while padding over to the WindClan. She knew without a doubt he'd outrun her if he got the chance, she wanted to hurt him so so bad, but she had to remind herself, or rather they had to remind her of a bigger plan in the long run. "If you're here now of times, it seems like the Dark Forest is trying to tell me something, so I won't hunt you down and tear you apart piece by piece with hopes that your clanmates and Bunnystar find your mauled body." Dawnstar shrugged her shoulder as if she were talking about the weather.

"Tell me, why do you think you're here?" Dawnstar turned to look at both Owltalon and Yellowleaf as she asked the question. "Are you dissatisfied with your clans somehow? I can't see you being brought here of all places if not." Regardless of how many other cats from different clans were sentenced to the Dark Forest, in reality, everyone had to know that this place was made for ShadowClan. The other cats were only stuck here because they had no other place to go.
@Space Cat @mareenakit

"You," she scowled at Blabbermouth, "are utterly useless. That little secret of yours isn't a secret if the pathetic medicine cat already makes a fool of herself in front of all the clans." Dawnstar rolled her neck from one side to the other working out some of the tension in her thick body. "So what are you offering in exchange for your life this time?"
@Daisy the Icewing

While she was waiting for their answers, she looked over to her clanmates. It would be easier if she explained what her plans were, but her clanmates needed to start using their brains a little. So she was just going to give them tasks and a leader to make sure they were fulfilled. Once they were more worn out and she had a grasp on who she'd be keeping and who'd be dying in their sleep tonight, maybe then she'd reveal a bit of her thought process to them.

"Talonestone, you've been in the water before. I want you to take Russetpaw, Shrikepaw, and Foxpaw for a swimming lesson." She locked eyes with large white tom, knowing he wouldn't shy away from her gaze. If he were a bit older, he might even make a decent deputy. Sadly, she felt he lacked the drive and ambition for the rank. The crowd he hung with made her think he'd let ShadowClan go weak and soft the second she left. Dawnstar's couldn't have that.
@bmkmb @Lynxpaw @Rani @Foxsnarl

"Kittypet." A fake friendly smile that made her look more chilling was plastered on her maw as directed her attention to Ghostflight. "I'm still not certain if you're an actual Dark Forest cat or a StarClan cat parading around as one, but I'm sure you've noticed I don't like you. I don't like anyone, but you hold a special place in my disdain." The dark molly didn't seem to care if her words had any effect on Ghostflight, if she was still here she must want to make herself useful. "Go lead my warrior to the nearest body of water." Dawnstar left it at that, if Ghostflight was going to be here she'd better get used to taking Dawnstar's orders and harassment, if she proved herself to be less than incompetent, well who knows.
@ChillCat

"Windstrike, take Rumblepaw, Shrewpaw, and Stempaw. I want you to teach them how to stalk, hunting, and ambush in the darkness, I want them fast but soundless." Until she got the last pieces of her puzzle together, ensuring her cats knew the basics that ever ShadowClan down to the kits should know, they could go over them.
@Pepperkins @Slushie @Zesty Mango @gs29513

Bravefart was reminding her of Stempaw, just not as blunt with the flattery. It was hard to tell if she was just trying to please her for the hell of it or so she'd let her guard down, something that would never happen with anyone. She only had herself and the few dead kin on her side.

"If my grandfather wanted my attention he'd show himself. There's no need to pester him like you are me."
Continuing her subtle insults, Dawnstar huffed out a sigh and glowered at Bravefart. The way her tail curled up near her hind leg spoke loudly of her interest in this...Mossygrove. So it was RiverClan her sister had hidden in, even changed her name, funny. "If you want to be of help, take Windstrike and find an area with the least amount of trees in it. It needs to be as empty as possible." She waved the cat away with those words.
@Cobra

Dawnstar wasn't familiar with the territory here? It was a dream but she wasn't sure if this meant she could shape the land as she wanted even though she was consciously aware of it, could this forest become a dreamscape that she could manipulate? She needed an older cat to ask such a question, the concept was too broad for her mind right now with everything going.

"Jaggedclaw, Ghosttail, and Sparklight. You three will stay here with me. I want you to show me some of your battling skills. I'm sure there are ways that I can improve them." There was always room for improvement. She was sure they'd dislike being treated like apprentices, but if they were going to take a walk on the dark side they better learn how to embrace it. Dawnstar would teach them how to use their claws and abilities as they were intended to.
@Middy @Trouble @MrAJtheAJ

Purrks
Dawnstar: Beefed Up Tier 3 || Mindreader
Leechscar: Master Scout || Ultimate Predator

Dawnstar is the leader of ShadowClan and will shred you if you enter her den. She has a semi-closed den policy.
ShadowClan Resources ||| Dawnstar ||| ||| Kit Curriculum Finder
Old November 4th, 2020, 06:17 PM
🧂= Yes

My Mood: Unamused

// @Undertaker
"What are you offering for the best fighter in Thunderclan?" Flickerfang retorted. "In Thunderclan, though. You'd probaly be better then me, but some day, I'll be better then you'll ever be!" He snarled. But... He was willing to give this a shot. "Anyway, what do you want?"

Last edited by Dovey; November 5th, 2020 at 03:34 PM.
Old November 4th, 2020, 06:21 PM
Oh boy. What've I missed.

My Mood: Cheerful

Ghosttail

Ghosttail scowled as his name was mentioned. He sure didn't like being treated like an apprentice, those fox-hearts. He remorsefully padded to Dawnstar and grinned slightly, showing off his razor sharp teeth. He eyed his leader and sat down, as if he didn't mind what was being asked of him. @Undertaker
Old November 4th, 2020, 06:30 PM
IDK what to put here

My Mood: Sarcastic

Foxpaw looked around narrowing her eyes. Talonstone? Russetpaw? Shrikepaw? Who where they? Ghostflight she knew.... sadly. And where were they all? The molly sighed and stood. She slunk towards the edge of the group to wait. @bmkmb @Lynxpaw @Rani @ChillCat