Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay > SkyClan

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
How Well-Known Are You On...
Last post by leopard.
Today 09:52 AM
willowpaw art?
by Myling
Last post by leopard.
Today 09:51 AM
Midnight's territory!...
by Red'fur
Last post by bubble[error].
Today 09:06 AM
RiverClan Territory
by BEAR.
Last post by hermeswind
Today 09:00 AM
ThunderClan Territory
by Fawn
Last post by Epiales
Today 08:34 AM

Old November 22nd, 2016, 11:12 PM
Cellist Extraordinaire

My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: SkyClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derpple and Ashie View Post
Mistypaw watched him with confusion and curiosity, and then tilted her head slightly at his words. "You mean the Warrior Code? Uh, it's too... Protect your Clan at all costs? Or is it the one about the leader's words being law?" She started to trail off, narrowing her eyes with thought as she struggled for the answer. She didn't like being wrong, but she certainly was if that was what he was talking about and if not- she had no idea what the answer was!

Bramblestripe twitched an ear at the tom, and then her apprentice as the young one whispered in her ear. "S-some," she meowed softly, glad for her gentle voice for it made it easy to whisper back.

Clearing his throat at once, Aetherwing narrowed up, standing firm and proud, proud enough to be American, staring down into the eyes of his apprentice, he could only let his expression remain the same for so long, eye firm and unyielding for almost a minute before he snickered and looked away, "Oooh you should have seen the look on your face, it's almost as if you were wrong..." His voice quieting down he he waited a moment before smiling, "You were right, at least partially enough to pass the test!" He commented out with a smile on his face.

"I-I don't know if I want to grow up to deal with more toms like him then." Skyepaw mumbled a little more happy to have the quiet shy Bramblestripe as her mentor.
Old November 23rd, 2016, 01:46 AM
Clan Leader

My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octavia View Post

Clearing his throat at once, Aetherwing narrowed up, standing firm and proud, proud enough to be American, staring down into the eyes of his apprentice, he could only let his expression remain the same for so long, eye firm and unyielding for almost a minute before he snickered and looked away, "Oooh you should have seen the look on your face, it's almost as if you were wrong..." His voice quieting down he he waited a moment before smiling, "You were right, at least partially enough to pass the test!" He commented out with a smile on his face.

"I-I don't know if I want to grow up to deal with more toms like him then." Skyepaw mumbled a little more happy to have the quiet shy Bramblestripe as her mentor.
Mistypaw stared at him with a blank expression, before her ears twitched simultaneously and she pulled them back with a deep set frown. "Wha-" She uttered unable to understand what kind of mentor she'd been assigned. "Huh?"

Bramblestripe gave a sigh, and shook her head. "Train-ing pla-pla-ace," she instructed, trying to rescue the apprentices from the jokes that were sure to come next from the tom. "Talk along the-the way." She swept her tail, and refused to wait around any longer. Urging them on, she started towards the camp exit, and the path that would take them to where they trained. Mistypaw glanced between her mentor and the departing rosy brown one, and slowly crept after the female.
Old November 23rd, 2016, 02:31 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raywood View Post

Blinking at Grouseflurry as he settled into his spot, Rabbitfluff returned his joyous expression with a bit of a blank one, not opposed to conversing with him but finding it odd when he was a loner. Partially by choice, since he figured he could hold back the stinging comments from time to time. As a socialite and a cat that everybody appeared to know and love, Grouseflurry was much different than he in terms of personality, and, while Rabbitfluff didn't mind his company, he didn't quite understand why he would bother. The purr that he emitted was startling. Well, not terribly. Grouseflurry always found a reason to smile or be cheerful, an admirable trait, though not something he happened to possess as well. With Lemonstar's unexplained disappearance looming over them, that could be what the Clan needed to ensure their spirits were kept high.

In a better mood than usual, his ears were tilted forward in earnest interest, but that didn't erase the innate hesitance he felt toward the other tom. "You don't have to speak for them," Rabbitfluff said, flicking his puff-like tail dismissively. "I don't happen to walk around with my eyes closed, and they make their opinions perfectly clear, I assure you." And it wasn't a bad thing, for he was bothered very little by their attitudes, believing he deserved whatever animosity was directed his way. More often than not, the feeling was mutual.

Unsure how to react, Rabbitfluff offered an appreciative half-smile upon learning Grouseflurry enjoyed his presence, still hoping he wasn't doing this out of pity or some less-than-noble motivation. "I suppose, but that should hardly rank on your priorities," a huff, "considering you're the deputy." To a leader who was seemingly gone without any warning. "I might add, it's shocking that I even cross your thoughts."

The modest chuckle and subsequent response prompted him to raise his eyebrows, a touch perplexed by that and tempted to ask if he was oblivious or ridiculously dull. He had a notion it was the former, as Grouseflurry gave off an air of intelligence, and he held his tongue. "That's one perspective," he pointed out nonchalantly, aware there was an abundance of warriors with varying skills in certain tasks, but maybe Grouseflurry was implying their strengths and weaknesses tended to even out.

Blue gaze meeting Grouseflurry's green, Rabbitfluff contemplated that and lightly shrugged his shoulders, "Do you? By StarClan, that's a surprise-- I was under the impression you were a pessimist." The younger tom was speaking sarcastically and with feigned shock, but not hurtfully; there was no bite to the words.
Grouseflurry's burning optimism caused him to completely overlook the blank look, he didn't mind it one bit, some cats weren't used to company, like that one cat Yarrowpounce, he was a nice tom sure enough, he just wasn't used to company! He often found himself conversing with the meek tom because it seemed like any time he held a conversation with him, it seemed to brighten the tom's mood, so, in a way, that could have been a minor motive in him approaching Rabbitfluff, though there may be other underlying motives as well, sometimes you just couldn't tell with the tabby tom. But one very obvious thing that could always be known about the tom was his emotions, seemingly limited to just that of pure happiness and perhaps even innocence, a purity to him that really only kits seemed to hold. Whether he was innocent or not could be debated, but his happiness and optimism was unquestioned.

The tilted ears of Rabbitfluff were a good sign for Grouseflurry and it allowed him to continue the approach he was going and that was bordering on the more talkative approach, should he have gotten a less interested interaction, he would have proceeded with a different way. "Oh I never would have expected that you would walk around with your eyes closed, that would be too much to ask! I mean, what if you accidentally bump into another cat, that could make for quite the embarrassing incident don't you think? Oh or what if you accidentally stumble over a root, that could lead to some injuries and that wouldn't be good at all!" His eyes widened and he quickly shook his head before he chuckled out, whiskers quivering with lighthearted amusement.

Green gaze momentarily glancing over, he puffed out an exhale with a small flick of his tail, a notion that he was a bit exasperated by the other tom's response. "Wh-Of course it ranks pretty high on my priorities, if it didn't then I wouldn't be sitting here talking to you, now would I? Wait.. Well.. Yes I would, but that's not the point!" Clearing his throat, he flicked his tail and gave himself a second to take another nibble at his mouse before continuing.
"Speaking with the warriors of the clan and checking in on them is very important to me, it has always been important to me and me being deputy makes no difference to that. And what do you mean that it's shocking to find that you would ever cross my thoughts, you're an important addition to this clan Rabbitfluff!" Grouseflurry spoke with a grin and nudged at the tom's shoulder with his tail before looking back at his meal.

Though his eyes did meet with Rabbitfluff's again as the smaller tom spoke out with sarcasm, causing the brown tabby's face to light up and a small bout of laughter to begin escaping him; for some reason, Grouseflurry enjoyed sarcasm quite a lot, it was like telling a joke with the inflection of your voice! "Oh, sorry to give you that impression! But I assure you, I am not a pessimist, I think the correct term is optimist!"

Purring out, he glanced at the meal that the warrior had barely touched and couldn't help but tilt his head a bit in mild curiosity. "Not hungry?" Green gaze flickering to the Rabbitfluff's side, he could tell that the other hadn't exactly been eating regularly, he knew it was leaf-fall, but.. His size wasn't quite right. All of the warriors should at least be decently well fed, so that could mean one of two things, either he was sick, or purposefully not eating, maybe suffering from a lack of appetite due to stress? Depression? Anxiety? Grouseflurry was unsure, but he wouldn't question if Rabbitfluff gave any notion that he did not want to be questioned about the matter.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old November 23rd, 2016, 04:31 PM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
Grouseflurry's burning optimism caused him to completely overlook the blank look, he didn't mind it one bit, some cats weren't used to company, like that one cat Yarrowpounce, he was a nice tom sure enough, he just wasn't used to company! He often found himself conversing with the meek tom because it seemed like any time he held a conversation with him, it seemed to brighten the tom's mood, so, in a way, that could have been a minor motive in him approaching Rabbitfluff, though there may be other underlying motives as well, sometimes you just couldn't tell with the tabby tom. But one very obvious thing that could always be known about the tom was his emotions, seemingly limited to just that of pure happiness and perhaps even innocence, a purity to him that really only kits seemed to hold. Whether he was innocent or not could be debated, but his happiness and optimism was unquestioned.

The tilted ears of Rabbitfluff were a good sign for Grouseflurry and it allowed him to continue the approach he was going and that was bordering on the more talkative approach, should he have gotten a less interested interaction, he would have proceeded with a different way. "Oh I never would have expected that you would walk around with your eyes closed, that would be too much to ask! I mean, what if you accidentally bump into another cat, that could make for quite the embarrassing incident don't you think? Oh or what if you accidentally stumble over a root, that could lead to some injuries and that wouldn't be good at all!" His eyes widened and he quickly shook his head before he chuckled out, whiskers quivering with lighthearted amusement.

Green gaze momentarily glancing over, he puffed out an exhale with a small flick of his tail, a notion that he was a bit exasperated by the other tom's response. "Wh-Of course it ranks pretty high on my priorities, if it didn't then I wouldn't be sitting here talking to you, now would I? Wait.. Well.. Yes I would, but that's not the point!" Clearing his throat, he flicked his tail and gave himself a second to take another nibble at his mouse before continuing.
"Speaking with the warriors of the clan and checking in on them is very important to me, it has always been important to me and me being deputy makes no difference to that. And what do you mean that it's shocking to find that you would ever cross my thoughts, you're an important addition to this clan Rabbitfluff!" Grouseflurry spoke with a grin and nudged at the tom's shoulder with his tail before looking back at his meal.

Though his eyes did meet with Rabbitfluff's again as the smaller tom spoke out with sarcasm, causing the brown tabby's face to light up and a small bout of laughter to begin escaping him; for some reason, Grouseflurry enjoyed sarcasm quite a lot, it was like telling a joke with the inflection of your voice! "Oh, sorry to give you that impression! But I assure you, I am not a pessimist, I think the correct term is optimist!"

Purring out, he glanced at the meal that the warrior had barely touched and couldn't help but tilt his head a bit in mild curiosity. "Not hungry?" Green gaze flickering to the Rabbitfluff's side, he could tell that the other hadn't exactly been eating regularly, he knew it was leaf-fall, but.. His size wasn't quite right. All of the warriors should at least be decently well fed, so that could mean one of two things, either he was sick, or purposefully not eating, maybe suffering from a lack of appetite due to stress? Depression? Anxiety? Grouseflurry was unsure, but he wouldn't question if Rabbitfluff gave any notion that he did not want to be questioned about the matter.
Although he didn't talk nearly as frequently as Grouseflurry nor did he have quite the extensive social life (not many did), Rabbitfluff wouldn't call himself a shy feline, especially not in comparison to some of what he'd seen in his lifetime but attributed his habit of not saying much to what he was taught as a kit. His parents had been stoic and proper, and he'd grown up in the same manner; besides, others listened closer when he wasn't voicing everything that came to mind.

But if he did, he had little doubt he would be even less popular around SkyClan than what he already was.

"You say that as if I would walk with my eyes closed upon your mere demand to do so," he pointed out, tilting his head to the side. "I'll have you made aware, High and Mighty deputy of SkyClan, that I certainly wouldn't be risking injury simply because you asked me to," Rabbitfluff huffed but wasn't serious, in fact it was verging on a playful tone. A flicker of amusement ignited within the depths of his ocean-blue gaze, and he inquired teasingly, "Though from the detailed way in which you speak of this hypothetical situation, I might conclude that you have first-hand experience...?" It could have been improper to retort with such a comment to a warrior of authority, yet he found himself unable to hold his tongue, and it wasn't as if he intended it to come off as malicious. Grouseflurry had a tendency to awake that piece of him, allowing the young, fluff tom to open up a bit and diverge from his stick-in-the-mud attitude temporarily.

"Does it?" he mused over that for a second or two. "Lemonstar must not be giving you enough duties, these days." If striking up a conversation with arguably the most irritable cat in the Clan was high on the deputy's priorities, it led Rabbitfluff to believe Grouseflurry either was bored or had an insatiable wish to get his ears clawed. But of course, he knew it wasn't true that Grouseflurry wasn't busy when the leader's disappearance left him not only his original tasks, but Lemonstar's as well. It was humbling that he would prefer to spend his time chatting with him, but hardly appropriate, Rabbitfluff decided. It caught him off-guard as Grouseflurry's tail nudged his shoulder and momentarily forgetting his own tail was nothing more than a puffball, it twitched as he expressed feigned annoyance at the gesture of friendly affection. "Flattering," he responded dryly. "What exactly do I add, if I may inquire? Aesthetic value?"

Confused by the reaction his sarcasm warranted, Rabbitfluff critically examined Grouseflurry and wondered if he'd somehow said it wrong to imply the opposite, but what was said clarified that was not the case. Grouseflurry apparently took it in stride and despite how that rendered his primary weapon of defense useless, it was a point of curiosity: was this how the deputy could stand him? Did he genuinely enjoy his antics? If so.. he supposed he didn't know what to do with that, since it was a rarity among those who happened to cross his path.

A small twinge of surprise swept across him as his lack of appetite was brought to attention, not that he dwelled on it, for it wasn't necessarily that he had an issue explaining why he wasn't eating properly, but he was shocked by the audacity and sheer innocence of the question. "It's been a long few moons," Rabbitfluff settled on that, shrugging his shoulders and choosing to avoid going into the specifics in this setting. The middle of the clearing wasn't a wonderful place for that sort of topic.
Old November 23rd, 2016, 05:15 PM
Lovable Cannibal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raywood View Post

Although he didn't talk nearly as frequently as Grouseflurry nor did he have quite the extensive social life (not many did), Rabbitfluff wouldn't call himself a shy feline, especially not in comparison to some of what he'd seen in his lifetime but attributed his habit of not saying much to what he was taught as a kit. His parents had been stoic and proper, and he'd grown up in the same manner; besides, others listened closer when he wasn't voicing everything that came to mind.

But if he did, he had little doubt he would be even less popular around SkyClan than what he already was.

"You say that as if I would walk with my eyes closed upon your mere demand to do so," he pointed out, tilting his head to the side. "I'll have you made aware, High and Mighty deputy of SkyClan, that I certainly wouldn't be risking injury simply because you asked me to," Rabbitfluff huffed but wasn't serious, in fact it was verging on a playful tone. A flicker of amusement ignited within the depths of his ocean-blue gaze, and he inquired teasingly, "Though from the detailed way in which you speak of this hypothetical situation, I might conclude that you have first-hand experience...?" It could have been improper to retort with such a comment to a warrior of authority, yet he found himself unable to hold his tongue, and it wasn't as if he intended it to come off as malicious. Grouseflurry had a tendency to awake that piece of him, allowing the young, fluff tom to open up a bit and diverge from his stick-in-the-mud attitude temporarily.

"Does it?" he mused over that for a second or two. "Lemonstar must not be giving you enough duties, these days." If striking up a conversation with arguably the most irritable cat in the Clan was high on the deputy's priorities, it led Rabbitfluff to believe Grouseflurry either was bored or had an insatiable wish to get his ears clawed. But of course, he knew it wasn't true that Grouseflurry wasn't busy when the leader's disappearance left him not only his original tasks, but Lemonstar's as well. It was humbling that he would prefer to spend his time chatting with him, but hardly appropriate, Rabbitfluff decided. It caught him off-guard as Grouseflurry's tail nudged his shoulder and momentarily forgetting his own tail was nothing more than a puffball, it twitched as he expressed feigned annoyance at the gesture of friendly affection. "Flattering," he responded dryly. "What exactly do I add, if I may inquire? Aesthetic value?"

Confused by the reaction his sarcasm warranted, Rabbitfluff critically examined Grouseflurry and wondered if he'd somehow said it wrong to imply the opposite, but what was said clarified that was not the case. Grouseflurry apparently took it in stride and despite how that rendered his primary weapon of defense useless, it was a point of curiosity: was this how the deputy could stand him? Did he genuinely enjoy his antics? If so.. he supposed he didn't know what to do with that, since it was a rarity among those who happened to cross his path.

A small twinge of surprise swept across him as his lack of appetite was brought to attention, not that he dwelled on it, for it wasn't necessarily that he had an issue explaining why he wasn't eating properly, but he was shocked by the audacity and sheer innocence of the question. "It's been a long few moons," Rabbitfluff settled on that, shrugging his shoulders and choosing to avoid going into the specifics in this setting. The middle of the clearing wasn't a wonderful place for that sort of topic.
A grunt escaped the brown tabby as he heard the tailless warrior's playful response, his pleasant smile turning into a wide grin of joy with a dash of his own form of playfulness; the tom loved it when others decided to dawn a playful attitude with him. "Uf! I am not high and mighty, I'm just like any old warrior, with well, just more duties and responsibilities!" His whiskers quivered again with heavy amusement, his spring bud green eyes flickering with various forms of emotion, all of them hardly uncharacteristic for the cheerful cat, the emotions including happiness, humor, and a bit of intelligence as he tried to configure his next response to the tom beside him, taking a quick bite out of the mouse which was quickly disappearing at his paws. "Accidents.. May, or may not have happened.. I just wanted to see if they'd actually do it!" Laughing heartily, there would be a long pause before he shook his head, Grouseflurry couldn't lie. "Ah, but no, I would never ask any cat to do that, there's no reasoning behind it aside from being silly. Though perhaps now that it's been brought up, maybe I should demand that you do it." Eyes still glimmering with amusement, he'd glance over with a smirk before grinning and shaking his head again; to be truthful, Grouseflurry was terrible at teasing because he'd always apologize or end up telling the truth or something of the like. "No, no, I wouldn't do it, don't worry."

"Hah, you could say that again! There's been some days where I've been forced to do nothing but relax, can't say I quite enjoy it and I wish he'd give me more stuff to do!" While it might seem as if he were trying to be sarcastic, the deputy was being completely honest, he did not like being given time to relax. He liked to be up, moving around, doing things for the clan, doing something. But lately.. He.. Hadn't seen Lemonstar at all, in fact, he can't recall having seen Lemonstar since he had selected him as deputy. And the state the clan was in now, they couldn't afford having an absent leader. Grouseflurry had to step up, whether he was ready or not, the clan needed it. He might not be the best cat for the spot, but he was next in line, all he could hope for is that he could do the best for the clan that he could. That's actually why he had approached Rabbitfluff. He needed to go and receive his 9 lives.

At the smaller warriors response to the deputy's inquiry about not eating, the brown tabby simply nodded. Now wouldn't be a good time to bring it up to the tom, but he would certainly bring it up later, or well.. He'd certainly keep it on mind and check up on Rabbitfluff more often. It wasn't good that he wasn't eating, they were about to hit the hardest season for prey and he would need to eat all the food he could now to be strong for the leaf-bare to come.

A small cloud of silence settled over the two for a moment as the deputy finished up his meal, mulling over about how he would ask Rabbitfluff to accompany him to the Whispering Cave. Really, Grouseflurry could have chosen anyone in the clan to journey with him, but.. He wanted to get to know the tailless warrior more, with the notion that he wasn't eating well, he wanted to keep an eye on him, but mostly he enjoyed his company. The brown tabby couldn't quite explain, perhaps it was because he enjoyed everyone's company and he just happened to sit with Rabbitfluff today, perhaps there was deeper meaning than that, who knew. But he had decided he wanted the warrior next to him to journey with him. "Rabbitfluff, I have a question." For once, there was seriousness in his voice, the happiness was still there but it was dulled down, his eyes focused on his paws. "I haven't seen Lemonstar in nearly a moon, really not since the night of the ceremony and I'm sure the clan is starting to take note of his absence. Skyclan can't afford to be leaderless and.. I'm deputy. So what I'm asking is.." Flicking an ear, the tom looked over at Rabbitfluff, green eyes meeting blue. "Would you accompany me on my journey to the Whispering Cave?"

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old November 23rd, 2016, 06:25 PM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
A grunt escaped the brown tabby as he heard the tailless warrior's playful response, his pleasant smile turning into a wide grin of joy with a dash of his own form of playfulness; the tom loved it when others decided to dawn a playful attitude with him. "Uf! I am not high and mighty, I'm just like any old warrior, with well, just more duties and responsibilities!" His whiskers quivered again with heavy amusement, his spring bud green eyes flickering with various forms of emotion, all of them hardly uncharacteristic for the cheerful cat, the emotions including happiness, humor, and a bit of intelligence as he tried to configure his next response to the tom beside him, taking a quick bite out of the mouse which was quickly disappearing at his paws. "Accidents.. May, or may not have happened.. I just wanted to see if they'd actually do it!" Laughing heartily, there would be a long pause before he shook his head, Grouseflurry couldn't lie. "Ah, but no, I would never ask any cat to do that, there's no reasoning behind it aside from being silly. Though perhaps now that it's been brought up, maybe I should demand that you do it." Eyes still glimmering with amusement, he'd glance over with a smirk before grinning and shaking his head again; to be truthful, Grouseflurry was terrible at teasing because he'd always apologize or end up telling the truth or something of the like. "No, no, I wouldn't do it, don't worry."

"Hah, you could say that again! There's been some days where I've been forced to do nothing but relax, can't say I quite enjoy it and I wish he'd give me more stuff to do!" While it might seem as if he were trying to be sarcastic, the deputy was being completely honest, he did not like being given time to relax. He liked to be up, moving around, doing things for the clan, doing something. But lately.. He.. Hadn't seen Lemonstar at all, in fact, he can't recall having seen Lemonstar since he had selected him as deputy. And the state the clan was in now, they couldn't afford having an absent leader. Grouseflurry had to step up, whether he was ready or not, the clan needed it. He might not be the best cat for the spot, but he was next in line, all he could hope for is that he could do the best for the clan that he could. That's actually why he had approached Rabbitfluff. He needed to go and receive his 9 lives.

At the smaller warriors response to the deputy's inquiry about not eating, the brown tabby simply nodded. Now wouldn't be a good time to bring it up to the tom, but he would certainly bring it up later, or well.. He'd certainly keep it on mind and check up on Rabbitfluff more often. It wasn't good that he wasn't eating, they were about to hit the hardest season for prey and he would need to eat all the food he could now to be strong for the leaf-bare to come.

A small cloud of silence settled over the two for a moment as the deputy finished up his meal, mulling over about how he would ask Rabbitfluff to accompany him to the Whispering Cave. Really, Grouseflurry could have chosen anyone in the clan to journey with him, but.. He wanted to get to know the tailless warrior more, with the notion that he wasn't eating well, he wanted to keep an eye on him, but mostly he enjoyed his company. The brown tabby couldn't quite explain, perhaps it was because he enjoyed everyone's company and he just happened to sit with Rabbitfluff today, perhaps there was deeper meaning than that, who knew. But he had decided he wanted the warrior next to him to journey with him. "Rabbitfluff, I have a question." For once, there was seriousness in his voice, the happiness was still there but it was dulled down, his eyes focused on his paws. "I haven't seen Lemonstar in nearly a moon, really not since the night of the ceremony and I'm sure the clan is starting to take note of his absence. Skyclan can't afford to be leaderless and.. I'm deputy. So what I'm asking is.." Flicking an ear, the tom looked over at Rabbitfluff, green eyes meeting blue. "Would you accompany me on my journey to the Whispering Cave?"
While it was true that he hadn't expected Grouseflurry to completely shift perspectives and grow annoyed with his attitude, it nevertheless threw him for a loop when his reply was as playful as before, despite his inability to refrain from testing authority. Not that he'd attempting to be rude--quite the opposite, but it didn't guarantee Grouseflurry would see it that way as well. It continued to puzzle him, how Grouseflurry's patience seemed endless to the point where it was trying his own, baffled that a cat could be so calm with sarcastic remarks being tossed at him.

Rabbitfluff's pupils went wide upon hearing that. "You've actually--?" he squeaked in alarm, then shook his head to quickly regain his composure in front of the tom. "I.. I suppose I should have known you would." It didn't seem too far off for him. Puffing his chest slightly, he went on as he struggled to hide the grin on his muzzle, "Well, you can rest assured I will not be roped into these silly little games, much less obtain an injury in them." Grouseflurry would have to be crazy to think he'd want to walk with his eyes closed, or do anything that gave an impression other than absolute formality.

"How terrible. Why, I feel so sympathetic I may have to voice a complaint to Lemonstar," Rabbitfluff said dramatically, complete with a mock gasp. Complaining to the absent leader was easier said than done under the circumstances, however. It would be difficult to gripe to a feline who wasn't present and hadn't been around for a moon, seemingly leaving his Clan to fend for itself, and he had a notion Grouseflurry's loyalty and dedication to them was the only thing keeping SkyClan afloat. Although he didn't blame Ebonypaw, Rabbitfluff did wish they had a fully trained medicine cat for emergencies.. It left them without two very important positions. After a second's pause, a mischievous look crossed his face, "Is this an invitation to keep you busy? If that's the case, I've had a rather unyielding craving for squirrel, lately." Because he understood he was working hard to ensure SkyClan was well-fed, he wasn't truly suggesting Grouseflurry retrieve him one, but it was an amusing idea.

Relieved to be met with nothing but a nod in response, no further prompting, Rabbitfluff internally promised he would give a better answer if they were in a private setting and had the time to do so. For now, he would do his best to eat what he could lest he desire to risk growing ill but couldn't manage more for this particular meal. Maybe later if he was feeling up to the task.

Rabbitfluff returned to staring down the fresh-kill beside his paws, occasionally stealing a glance at Grouseflurry and then peering away again, as it felt like too intimate of a moment to witness. The deputy had an air of contemplation about him, and he wondered if there was something greater than 'just a chat' at stake, but he wasn't going to pry. If he wanted to eat in silence, then that's what they would do.

"What, are you secretly pining after me?" Rabbitfluff scoffed sarcastically as Grouseflurry began by stating he had a question. He knew that wasn't what it was pertaining to--perfectly aware affection was impossible with him being the object of--but was curious to hear what it might be. The seriousness had him intrigued, uncertain of what could be so dire that it required Grouseflurry, cheerful and fun-loving, to take on a grave tone. Following his thought process and nodding slowly, it was confounding why he would ask him, of all choices, and Rabbitfluff appeared to be taken aback. "Me?" it fell from him immediately, the confusion clinging to the word. "Well, I.." he cleared his throat, "I would be honored, Grouseflurry." A faint smile was etched on his expression, and he meowed teasingly, "Well, that's not quite a love confession, but I imagine it'll suffice."
Old November 23rd, 2016, 06:52 PM

My Mood: Stressed

Leafmist slipped back into camp with her mouthful of prey. She slowly walked to the fresh kill pile and deposited it there, before moving to sit along the edge of the clearing. I hope I did the right thing by letting Pearl stay on our territory... I mean, if she's found I could get in trouble, but she was injured. I couldn't just send her out, she'd die. The tabby couldn't help but fret over her decision. She had, in a way, broken the code by giving the injured molly some food- 'the clan must be fed first'. But, Pearl had been blinded, and couldn't remember what had caused her to loose her sight. Leafmist just had to help her. She sighed, and turned around to groom her pelt. Well, I'd assume that she'll be hungry again before dusk, and she'll probably need some more water, too. The ginger she-cat started planning out the rest of her day, deciding when to go out to catch Pearl another meal.

Old November 24th, 2016, 02:34 AM
Cellist Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Ashfeather smiled at him, her expression clearly pleased and flattered. "Mm, yes...I've been missing you, I don't get to see you quite as much these days," She mewed in her soft voice, twisting around so that her head was on Ashenstorm's. She continued purring as she did so, and closed her deep blue hues, pleased to just be around him at the moment. Ashenstorm was the perfect match for her, and she was so lucky to have him....so grateful to have him, as well. There was a good understanding between the two, as well as a strong bond that Ashfeather believed was near to impossible to break. She enjoyed Ashenstorm's company so much, especially on days like these when it was just sort of a quiet day. "What have you been up to lately?" She asked, opening one blue eye to look at him. Her tail brushed up around him and seemed to almost be stroking him in it's movements, and she smiled once more, her ears tilted forwards with pleasure and attentive to listen to his voice. She loved the sound of Ashenstorm's voice; it was very calming to her, although how she wasn't quite sure. Maybe it was just her deep affection for the tom that calmed her, or maybe it really was just his voice that made her feel secure and at home, and as though she would never be lonely again. Ashfeather began to purr steadily, her tail brushing against Ashenstorm every few seconds in a pleased manner, and she had a bright smile on her maw. The she cat generally only smiled around Ashenstorm, because that was when she was happiest; spending time with him.
Letting out a small cough of embarrassment, feeling as though he had messed up in some way for her to have missed him. Ashenstorm was an anxious tom to say it nicely, at his worst he was a total monster wreck. Right now... he was pretty darn close to just being mildly anxious, tail twitching back and forth with every movement around him; the tom was quite a reactive creature, and even now he couldn't help but flinch softly every so often from the unexpected comforting touches that came from his mate. It felt so nice and pleasant, in a way that he couldn't help but have gotten used to, looking forward to them sharing tongues. Didn't help with him still never expecting it, the slightest touch, a tail brushing along his pelt, sent bolts of nervous energy through him. Ashenstorm couldn't help but start to purr louder as they shared a happy little moment just the two of them, him able to filter out the deluge of stimulus that normally threatened to overwhelm his nervous manner at just about every moment. With her it was all mute, subtle, a distant gentle rain; he was able to enjoy life with her around, able to focus on things that were important, and they hadn't really even thought about kits, which he was fine with. Kits were loud, unpredictable, and there was a deep hidden nagging fear inside of him that they'd grow up to hate him for not being macho and super brave like many other warriors of his clan.

Twitching his nose as he focused back in on the serenading voice that filled his ears and his alone, the whispering between them was almost akin to a pair of apprentices gossiping, but what was spoken about could never be so juicy or dramatic, merely the simple things that went on when the pair was apart. It was a healthy balance, but still the tom compared himself to other pairs wondering what he could do to keep it going well, it was all he really had personally going for him. "Well I've been doing my best to hunt for the clan, it's hard to keep the young mouths fed if I'm lounging about most the day, so I try my best to be productive to the clan ,seeing I'm not training anyone, and a certain lovely she-cat... doesn't have kits running around needing herding up." the time did his best to not hint at the kits, as he was fine without them having them, or having them. It was enough to have her as a mate to make him happy.
Old November 25th, 2016, 10:20 AM

Cool Re: SkyClan Clearing

(OPEN POST)
Ferretpaw ran around the clearing, her soft, lean body able to carry her at amazing speeds. She loved to run and play, and she was excited. She would be getting her ceremony soon. As she ran, she grew bored and needed someone to interact with. Someone who would be willing to play.
Old November 25th, 2016, 11:07 AM
Lovable Cannibal

@toothlost!

Flicking his ears, Yarrowpounce carefully settled down at the edge of the clearing with a mouse between his paws, his face a bit blank before a meager smile touched his lips, eyes blinking as he leaned his head down to sniff at his mouse, murmuring a quiet thank you to Starclan before gently beginning to pluck off the fur from the deceased rodent.
A lot of things have been happening in Skyclan, in terms of changes in leadership. He had been saddened to hear that his half-brother Lemonstar had all but disappeared soon after his rise to leadership, but luckily enough another cat was quick to take the spot so that the clan wouldn't crumble away into nothing. All he could do was hope that this cat wouldn't disappear as well, it almost appeared to be a curse on the Skyclan leadership, at least to Yarrowpounce anyways, but he'd never say that to anyone. But Grousestar, he seemed like a friendly, good-hearted cat, if he happened to stick around then he'd likely do a good job at being the leader of the clan.

After plucking off all of the fur from the mouse, the white furred tom with brown patches would pause, licking his lips. There was something bigger working on his mind though, it was the disappearance of the one cat who.. Who well, made him happy, made him comfortable. He hadn't seen Willowrain in moons and honestly, it's been tearing him apart inside. Had his awkwardness driven away another cat? That's what it seemed like to him.
Just when he thought he had a chance at maybe having a mate, it was ripped away.
Blinking at the thought, he flicked an ear, trying to dismiss him, but to be truthful, that's all he could think about. Sometimes it made him cry at night because he truly did think he had a chance with her. Wrinkling his nose, he blinked back tears and shook his head. No crying, you should have expected it anyways.
Leaning his head down, he would take a small bite out of the mouse, staring at the ground as he did so. He would need to go out later to hunt and clear his mind.

Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?

Last edited by The Cannibal; November 25th, 2016 at 11:07 AM.