Old September 18th, 2017, 10:47 PM
Foot Wallet

Bump Policy: After a day
My Mood: Adorable

Default Re: RiverClan Nursery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undercover View Post
Your Post
Stagkit huffed angrily at the beetle scuttling away, pawing at it a bit more but it kept slipping between his paws. He didn't pursue it any further once it was out of reach from where he now lay. With another huff, he stuck his nose between his paws and moved his jaws in ways like he was speaking but no sound came from his throat. It made him angry, not being able to speak, it made things so difficult for him but he had to deal with it.
He hadn't noticed the she-kit until he spoke, but he barely knew it was speaking. It took a moment for the little tom to realize the other was speaking and even then he just tilted his head at her. He couldn't reply either way, so why really bother trying to think exactly what she was saying, but alas he did anyway and figured she was trying to greet him and ask what he was doing. Unable to answer, he just swished his tail in a greeting.

My Post
She watched him move his jaw in a soundless mew, then, he seemed to notice her presence. She watched as his tail swish in greeting, and then she remembered. He couldn't speak! He, like her, was missing one of the important senses for a warrior cat. Suddenly, she didn't feel so out of place. Ivorykit twitched her unhearing ears with suppressed excitement.
Maybe he would want to play?! But, as the idea struck her, she realize that it might sound to younger kit-like. Would he want to go outside this nursery and explore another clan's camp? That seemed more like something an apprentice would do. And, if she was going to be an apprentice in about a moon, she might as well discover the RiverClan clearing at least a little instead of sitting in the nursery all the time. Plus, it could be fun.
Ivorykit spotted a piece of moss a few tail-lengths away. She scampered over, hooked it on one sharp claw, and dashed back to Stagkit. She lifted the scrap of moss in the air excitedly and widened her eyes, then, after setting the scrap down, pointed with her tail directly at the exit to the warm nursery.
Then she looked him in the eyes and tilted her white furred head to the side, gesturing with her small paw for him to pick. It took a while, but hopefully he would get the point.

Bumping For @Socks
(My apologies)

Stagkit watched the other scamper around with silence, not understanding what she was trying to say. He batted at the moss out of instinct when he couldn't figure out exactly what the other meant. He guessed she wanted to play, so after he batted the moss between his paws a bit he flicked it over the white she-kit before him.
He stood up from his spot and moved back a tail length before sitting down and facing Ivorykit so there was distance between them as they played. He wished they could talk, but his voice had never existed and the other no longer could hear the world around her.

You can contact me on discord (sock.puppet.man) if you wanna talk
I appreciate tone tags, sorry if I'm a little awkward.

my pfp is from the 1987 tmnt animated series
Old September 19th, 2017, 08:04 AM
My profile has a message!

My Mood: Pensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socks View Post

(My apologies)

Stagkit watched the other scamper around with silence, not understanding what she was trying to say. He batted at the moss out of instinct when he couldn't figure out exactly what the other meant. He guessed she wanted to play, so after he batted the moss between his paws a bit he flicked it over the white she-kit before him.
He stood up from his spot and moved back a tail length before sitting down and facing Ivorykit so there was distance between them as they played. He wished they could talk, but his voice had never existed and the other no longer could hear the world around her.
(No worries)
As Ivorykit waited for him to choose, she licked one delicate paw and drew it over her soft fur where she could feel a piece of dirt. Being dirty bugged her almost as much as not being able to hear. She grinned as he batted te moss ball. The young kit across from her had chosen her favorite game ever! Mossball! With an excited squeak, the female kit pounced on the scrap. She speared the piece with her tiny claw and flung it at him.
Ivorykit's eyes sparkled as she watched the moss tumble toward Stagkit. She stayed on her paws, hopping from place to place. Moss ball's funl The female thought with happiness, all focus on the beetle gone.

((I was listening to the song I Want Crazy by Hunter Hayes, and was like, this is totally them!))

Last edited by Undercover; September 23rd, 2017 at 11:58 AM.
Old September 19th, 2017, 04:37 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Bump Policy: Never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggy22 View Post
The she-kit mewed, scrambling to get closer to her mother's belly. Her siblings wiggled around her, and she was very cozy with their bodies pressing against her's. She mewed once more, and then latched on to her mother' belly, purring happily.
The she-kit's ears pricked up slightly as her three brothers were named. My turn next! she thought. She wondered what she would be called, and what her sister would be called.
Spottedkit! I like that name! she wondered happily, and kept nursing. And Pitchkit! She couldn't wait until she opened her eyes.
Sproutwhisker couldn’t help but have another warm smile appear on his maw as he watched his children under a watchful eye. “I think this one likes her name, dear.” He chuckled, his tone soft and gentle to even the tiniest of ears as he bent down and sniffed one of his daughters, named Spottedkit now, “Something tells me she’s a listener, one who uses her ears quite well - the trait of a fine huntress in the making, but also a respectable student for a mentor one day.” The male purred happily, giving the tiny female a small lick across her forehead. “Now, now, little one, make sure to get plenty of milk from your mother and get some rest,” Sproutwhisker said as he gave the she-kit a small nudge of his nose to make sure she nursed enough from her momma’s belly. He would a little overprotective of them at times, no doubt, but it would be okay for now since they were all so helpless and vulnerable - as a father to them, his kittens deserved the best of the best. The black-furred tom uttered a small yawn and nuzzled each one of the five kittens before resting his head on the back his mate, slowly shutting his eyes to sneak in a small nap at the time.
Old September 19th, 2017, 05:12 PM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

My Mood: Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarwings View Post

Talonfang purred loudly and nosed each of them, "Pitchkit, and Spottedkit," she confirmed. She was overjoyed but exhausted so she let her head lay down on the nest. Who knew giving birth was so tiring?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Little Robin View Post
A softened chuckle rumbled from the black-furred male as he licked the small tom-kit that his mate had named. “He does look like a proud little hunter, a fierce jaguar without a doubt.” Sproutwhisker mentioned, looking to the third male among the litter, sniffing him now, “I think his name should be... Wavekit..” The warrior remarked, his whiskers twitching. With the three males now named, he now turned to look down at the two she-kits, smiling down at his precious daughters. “What would you like to name your beautiful daughters?” He asked Talonfang, giving the pair of them a few gentle licks of his rough tongue to make sure they kept warm and safe against their mother. He then nuzzled his mate, wiping away her tears with a smile as he kept back his own emotions now.
Quote:
The she-kit mewed, scrambling to get closer to her mother's belly. Her siblings wiggled around her, and she was very cozy with their bodies pressing against her's. She mewed once more, and then latched on to her mother' belly, purring happily.

The she-kit's ears pricked up slightly as her three brothers were named. My turn next! she thought. She wondered what she would be called, and what her sister would be called.

Spottedkit! I like that name! she wondered happily, and kept nursing. And Pitchkit! She couldn't wait until she opened her eyes.
Everything was pitch black. No sound. Sound had a color. It was black. The newly named kit obvious didn't know his name. Nor, would he ever know his name. But, he was a rather big kit, soft, sleek black fur, damp from his parents' affection whom he could not see or hear of their loving conversation to the five beauties that they awaited. But, he could feel. His touch was powerful. He nosed the luscious fur of his mother, sniffing at her scent to the familiarity of her. Then, he latched on, drinking the substance of white goodness that flowed down his tongue. Oh, he could get used to this. This was great. This was wonderful. It wasn't bad at all! He used both his paws to knead her belly, pushing over any other kit that dared to get in his way. It was as if he were being territorial and didn't want to share.

@starfall | @Mystical | @Boulder
Old September 19th, 2017, 05:16 PM
Open to RP Whenever

My Mood: In Love

Quote:
Sproutwhisker couldn’t help but have another warm smile appear on his maw as he watched his children under a watchful eye. “I think this one likes her name, dear.” He chuckled, his tone soft and gentle to even the tiniest of ears as he bent down and sniffed one of his daughters, named Spottedkit now, “Something tells me she’s a listener, one who uses her ears quite well - the trait of a fine huntress in the making, but also a respectable student for a mentor one day.” The male purred happily, giving the tiny female a small lick across her forehead. “Now, now, little one, make sure to get plenty of milk from your mother and get some rest,” Sproutwhisker said as he gave the she-kit a small nudge of his nose to make sure she nursed enough from her momma’s belly. He would a little overprotective of them at times, no doubt, but it would be okay for now since they were all so helpless and vulnerable - as a father to them, his kittens deserved the best of the best. The black-furred tom uttered a small yawn and nuzzled each one of the five kittens before resting his head on the back his mate, slowly shutting his eyes to sneak in a small nap at the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constellation View Post

Everything was pitch black. No sound. Sound had a color. It was black. The newly named kit obvious didn't know his name. Nor, would he ever know his name. But, he was a rather big kit, soft, sleek black fur, damp from his parents' affection whom he could not see or hear of their loving conversation to the five beauties that they awaited. But, he could feel. His touch was powerful. He nosed the luscious fur of his mother, sniffing at her scent to the familiarity of her. Then, he latched on, drinking the substance of white goodness that flowed down his tongue. Oh, he could get used to this. This was great. This was wonderful. It wasn't bad at all! He used both his paws to knead her belly, pushing over any other kit that dared to get in his way. It was as if he were being territorial and didn't want to share.

@starfall | @Mystical | @Boulder
Quote:
@Scarwings | @starfall | @Constellation | @Boulder | @Foggy22 | @Mystical
It was uncertain to the black-furred warrior when it came to knowing how long the birth had gone on for, but throughout all the pain and stress that ensued from it - his beloved mate had gotten through it and he had been by her side with every second until the very end. “You did wonderful, my love..” He murmured, giving Talonfang a gentle nuzzle as he rested his chin on her back ever so gently, making sure to be quiet and soothing towards her after the long birthing. His icy blue-hued eyes, however, would not stray far from the sight the laid before him. Five, small bundles laid against one another in front of their mother’s belly, all ranging in size and appearance when it came to their fur patterns. He could see a small bit of him and his mate in each one of them, a smile never leaving his maw as he realized something - he was a father. Sproutwhisker was finally a father to five healthy kittens. A tear slipped from his eye at the thought and he purred as he grew emotional at this realization, never even thinking he would be apart of a family like this ever in his lifetime. “They’re all so beautiful..” He whispered to his mate, hearing tiny speaks and purrs coming from them now and then. It was a beautiful day outside and the tom couldn’t ask for a better time for their children to be birthed.
Quote:

Talonfang purred and nodded tiredly. She was exhausted and soon fell fast asleep.
Old September 19th, 2017, 06:53 PM
Somewhere in Space

My Mood: Sarcastic

@Scarwings | @starfall | @Constellation | @Boulder | @Foggy22 | @The Little Robin

Pitchkit's fur was pitch black, so was her view. The darkness was consuming her. Eating her. But really, Pitchkit enjoyed it. The darkness, it was beautiful. Black and unseeing. Amazing. She was almost terrified that her eyes would have to open at some point. Revealing colors brighter than darkness. Black, silver, gray, they were all okay. But bright colors such as lime, yellow and pink did not appeal to the young molly. She was perfectly content unseeing. Sadly gold edged her view, which was why Pitchkit tried to focus her gaze (or what she had of it) on a dark black spot with no other color. So, in single to her beautiful black color, she purred and did not wail. Then moved towards the milky smell of her mother, and began to suckle.
Old September 20th, 2017, 10:47 AM
Just Somecat🐱

My Mood: Yeehaw

@Mystical | @starfall | @Scarwings | @Constellation | @Foggy22 | @The Little Robin |

The newborn rested still as he inhaled the oxygen, the air that filled the nursery. He kept still for several seconds. When he came out, he was scared. Scared that that could have been death instead of life. He just- couldn't see anything, and couldn't hear anything. But still, he felt the presence of something, something big who was lurking in the shadows and the corners of his eyes. Still, he was entangled by its warmth. He was cold, and the overcoming wave of heat made him let out a small squeak. He tried to move. In this new world, it wasn't easy going around, with such chubby legs and small body. Back in the liquid he was in, he didn't have to move that much. But now he had to crawl towards the warmth. The heat who would assure his survival, at least for now. He stumbled a few times, not even managing to make his belly raise at half an inch from the floor. Oh, another thing. The floor. He wasn't watery and soft like the one that was around him back in the womb. It was cold and not soft at all. Finally, his nose reached something. What was that? The kit pressed his muzzle against something soft, and who seemed as small as him. Was that the presence he felt? But no... there were others, and still the big, giant presences he felt. Soon, he was being pushed into the warm embrace (?) Of something warm, and bigger. Perhaps that was the Big Presence? He couldn't figure it out that something touched his back. He meowed scared, pushing himself against the warm surface. He felt something on the tip of his nose. He tried to lick it with his small tongue. Hm. It tasted good. Beechkit sniffed around the Big Presence and found other. It made his belly full. And that was good right? The young kit began to drink it the best he could, finally relaxing a bit.

Last edited by Boulder; September 20th, 2017 at 10:48 AM.
Old September 20th, 2017, 05:37 PM
a lonely nobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
Watching her friend, Palekit couldn't help but laugh as the other rolled into a nest, using a paw to stifle her giggles. As soon as she thought that maybe her laughter would hurt Mulberrykit's feelings, however, the young she-kit stopped, instead calling out a timid, "Are you okay?" She inched closer to the other feline, pale green eyes rolling over Mulberry to check for any injuries- she had gotten a scratch from a thorn once, and there had been this stuff called blood. That wasn't fun one bit. But her friend seemed fine, and Palekit gave her a small smile.

"Really? I can?" She questioned the other excitedly, giving a small hop in her spot. Palekit gave an attentive nod when Mulberrykit explained the new rules- all she'd have to do was make a moss ball quicker! That'd be fun; though, she'd never made a moss ball herself so she wasn't sure she'd be the winner. That was fine with her, though, as she'd be having fun with her new friend regardless. The she-kit eagerly grabbed a piece of the moss and prepared herself, happiness gleaming in her eyes. Something so simple, such as having a friend to play with, simply made the young cat's day. As soon as Mulberrykit shouted out the command, the fluffy kit got going, first trying to roll the moss in order to make a ball- but it wasn't fully sticking, and she wasn't sure exactly how everyone got it to stay! Frustrated, Palekit sat back up and stared down at her clump of moss with a disdainful huff.
Mulberrykit set her paws to work once she shouted the command. Being honest, she wasn't exactly sure how to make a mossball, but that wasn't on her mind at the time. What was instead was that she needed to be faster, swifter, than Palekit, and she was confident she could do so... in fact, she may have been overconfident. It's just rolling moss into a ball. It can't be that hard; queens and warriors do it all the time! Compared to other things the kit had thought of doing, such as sneaking into the apprentice's den or even out of camp entirely, the task at paw should've been easy.

Yeah, right.

Mulberrykit tried Palekit's tactic first. She rolled the moss along the nursery floor, hoping the shape would appear and stick together. Quite the opposite happened; the rolling and pushing only made the moss lose it's shape, turning into a piece of abstract art versus a mossball ready for play. The kit narrowed her eyes in confusion, stopping what she was doing to think. Hmm... there must be some other way to win this.... After pondering her options, the she-kit decided to try and pat the moss back into a more rounded shape, keeping her claws and teeth sheathed. She sat by the clump and used her forepaws to try and structure it into the position she wanted, making sure that she didn't rip it with her claws and teeth. If this doesn't work, I'm out of options!

(Gah, sorry for such a late response! My week's been really busy lately )

Profile picture by the wonderous Ever!
Old September 20th, 2017, 06:08 PM
Woo, charsite is up n.n

My Mood: Cold

The scent of fresh-kill would herald Cloudsong's approach to the nursery not long before the sleek Queen slid inside, a water vole and a pair of mice dangling by their tails from her mouth, a gleam of pride in her amber eyes at her successful hunt, though the tiredness that made her muscles tremble betrayed just how long the hunt had taken and how far along RiverClan's hunting grounds the ShadowClan cat had to trek to find the three plump rodents.

A purr rumbled in her throat as she set the fresh-kill down, watching her kits with an affectionate gaze as she settled in her nest, going about grooming her fur as her tail-tip flicked, "Be careful of the smaller kits while you're having your games, little ones." She cautioned, but there was no sternness to her tone that would halt their play, her voice kind and gentle as it ever was when talking to the kits in the nursery, be they her own or another queen's.

Last edited by Risenphoenix; September 20th, 2017 at 06:14 PM.
Old September 22nd, 2017, 08:50 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Bump Policy: Never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarwings View Post

Talonfang purred and nodded tiredly. She was exhausted and soon fell fast asleep.
Sproutwhisker’s calming blue-hued gaze flickered open as he admitted a widened yawn as he slowly, but surely, awoke from his shortened nap. His head was still gently rested on the back of his beloved mate, her soft fur and comforting scent making him feel rather relaxed in a sense. He glanced over at her with a softened smile, nuzzling Talonfang ever so lovingly before his gaze drifted down to the five little bundles that they had been gifted with, seeing some of them mewing slightly as they suckled from their mother’s belly, while others slept soundly with their tiny chests rising up and down. The black-furred tom couldn’t help but thank the stars above over and over again for the wonderful life he was given - the precious family that he was able to have now thanks to many cats in his life that saw him, not as a mangy outsider, but as a kindhearted tom looking for a home. “What did I do to become so lucky?” He murmured to himself, out loud, as he buried his muzzle into his mate’s neck, smiling slightly as the quiet purrs and mews of their kittens hummed in his ears softly as his eyes closed yet again, resting there with his loved ones.