Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > StarClan

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
‘Honey Skies Hiding...
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 11:35 AM
Ready to devour all your...
Last post by Starphobia
Today 11:35 AM
How Well-Known Are You On...
Last post by Fernwillow
Today 11:34 AM
Family Gathering
Last post by Starphobia
Today 11:30 AM
✩Star's Ref Sheet World✩
Last post by Starphobia
Today 11:23 AM

Old October 30th, 2017, 05:20 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Bump Policy: Never.

Default Re: StarClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarwings View Post

Talonfang nodded, tears had disappeared from her eyes but they were still a bit red. She tried to remember what is was like before Sproutwhisker, what is was like to not have any emotion. She straightened her posture. She had to be strong for her thriving family.
“You came into my son’s life shortly after I died, so you know how hard these things can hit him.” Ripplewhisker mentioned to Talonfang as he came to a halt, sitting down in front of a small sparkling pond with a low sigh coming from his parted jaws now, “It is our job as his mate and his father to make sure he lives for your kittens. He needs strength and support, but somehow, I can already sense that there will soon be support for him in this difficult time.” As he said this, the large maine coon gazed down into the clear, shining water for a moment with a pensive look on his maw, watching the Riverclan nursery den with his tail swishing behind him back and forth. He needed to be strong for everyone right now, especially Sproutwhisker. A quiet, almost relaxing breeze shifted through the Starclan hunting grounds, ruffling his thick pelt for fur as it almost seemed to be an act to calm his nerves and worries for the time-being.
Old October 30th, 2017, 05:54 PM
Open to RP Whenever

My Mood: In Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Little Robin View Post
“You came into my son’s life shortly after I died, so you know how hard these things can hit him.” Ripplewhisker mentioned to Talonfang as he came to a halt, sitting down in front of a small sparkling pond with a low sigh coming from his parted jaws now, “It is our job as his mate and his father to make sure he lives for your kittens. He needs strength and support, but somehow, I can already sense that there will soon be support for him in this difficult time.” As he said this, the large maine coon gazed down into the clear, shining water for a moment with a pensive look on his maw, watching the Riverclan nursery den with his tail swishing behind him back and forth. He needed to be strong for everyone right now, especially Sproutwhisker. A quiet, almost relaxing breeze shifted through the Starclan hunting grounds, ruffling his thick pelt for fur as it almost seemed to be an act to calm his nerves and worries for the time-being.
She watched quietly as her family mourned her loss. "Do not stay miserable Sprout, " she murmured to herself.
Old November 3rd, 2017, 09:20 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustThunderstorm View Post
A soft purr rumbling deep in her chest as the two embraced eachother, Slatepelt felt her heart soar. She had been so worried. It had been difficult for the many moons she hunted in Starclan's territory to watch her mate close up and disconnect. It just wasn't him. Inhaling deeply, she let out a soft sigh as the silence enveloped them. It surprised her when Shinefang pulled away, the warmth from his living body disappearing with a trial of stardust.

"I..." In a second, all the warmth that had flooded underneath her pelt disappeared and her gaze seemed to travel back to that moment. She was alone. Utterly alone and cold. Giving Shinefang a pained stare, the warrior shook her head slowly from side to side and let out a long sigh. "Shinefang, it wasn't my fault Starclan decided to call me among their ranks then. I was in so much pain, I didn't mean to cause more!" Her reply was defiant but filled with grief as she watched the tom move further away from her. Please not now! This is the first time I've seen you in moons. Her mouth gaped as he continued. "Shinefang that isn't my fault that your siblings died! I don't know what you want me to say! We had to move with the clan too!" It was ridiculous that she was defending herself so vehemently. She thought Shinefang would understand, he would have realized it wasn't her choice. She would never leave him intentionally, so why did he believe that she chose to leave in one of her worst moments. A bitterness pierced her heart. "I wish I could have stayed with you and our kits could have stayed with you! It wasn't my fault and it hurts that you think I would have left you all alone on purpose!" The wispy fur on her face was now stained with tears. How unprofessional of her. After all these moons in Starclan and she had to lose her composure now? She couldn't even remember the last time they had fought like this, certainly not while she had been alive. Did he want to see his kits? She could arrange that. Anything, just anything to have him not be upset with her! With a sob, Slatepelt muttered under her breath,

"I fought as best I could, Shinefang..."
It wasn't my fault. It wasn't my fault. It wasn't my fault.

That's what she kept saying over and over. Shinefang numbly listened to her words, wanting to believe her and knowing somewhere in the deepest part of his heart that she hadn't wanted to go. But he couldn't accept that. His stomach lurched at the idea of simply accepting that something that had caused him so much pain could have just happened. No. He had fed the rage within himself for moons. It wasn't just him anymore, but a creature with a life of its own that he was in the habit of feeding. It had kept him warm during the cold winter night when he had slept alone in a nest. It had kept him company when he was lonely and missed her. It had accepted him when other cats had turned away from him and insisted that it was time he "moved on." His rage was his one true friend now, and it needed to be fed. Not even his former mate's tears could tame his rage, but his surviving love for her could turn that rage on something else, the cats he blamed more than anything. "Then tell me this, why did Starclan do this to me? Would it really have disturbed some grand important plan to let me grow up happily? To have my mother there to watch me become a warrior? To have kits with my mate and watch them grow up together?" The tom shuddered, the force of his anger making him quaver. He took a step forward, his voice cracking as he stepped closer to his mate and said, "Slatepelt... don't you hate them for doing this to me? To us? How can you stand to be here with these foxhearts?"

Old November 4th, 2017, 12:00 AM
Mama Dust

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours!
My Mood: Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
It wasn't my fault. It wasn't my fault. It wasn't my fault.

That's what she kept saying over and over. Shinefang numbly listened to her words, wanting to believe her and knowing somewhere in the deepest part of his heart that she hadn't wanted to go. But he couldn't accept that. His stomach lurched at the idea of simply accepting that something that had caused him so much pain could have just happened. No. He had fed the rage within himself for moons. It wasn't just him anymore, but a creature with a life of its own that he was in the habit of feeding. It had kept him warm during the cold winter night when he had slept alone in a nest. It had kept him company when he was lonely and missed her. It had accepted him when other cats had turned away from him and insisted that it was time he "moved on." His rage was his one true friend now, and it needed to be fed. Not even his former mate's tears could tame his rage, but his surviving love for her could turn that rage on something else, the cats he blamed more than anything. "Then tell me this, why did Starclan do this to me? Would it really have disturbed some grand important plan to let me grow up happily? To have my mother there to watch me become a warrior? To have kits with my mate and watch them grow up together?" The tom shuddered, the force of his anger making him quaver. He took a step forward, his voice cracking as he stepped closer to his mate and said, "Slatepelt... don't you hate them for doing this to me? To us? How can you stand to be here with these foxhearts?"
Ears pinned back against her skull, Slatepelt looked utterly defeated. Her eyes were trained on the ground in front of Shinefang's paws, rapidly darting back in forth in thought and as she held her breath. She was searching for something, anything to say, but found herself at a complete loss for words as he went on. Slatepelt shuffled her paws uncomfortably.

"Then tell me this, why did Starclan do this to me? Would it really have disturbed some grand important plan to let me grow up happily? To have my mother there to watch me become a warrior? To have kits with my mate and watch them grow up together?"

Keeping her head down, the starclan warrior turned her head away, her gaze filled with grief. She had no idea. She never wished any of this on her love, her best friend. How did it get this bad? How did it spiral so far that Shinefang was so resentful. No... This wasn't the cat she once knew. Of course, her love was just as strong, but Shinefang was no longer the carefree spirit she remembered him being and it caused her heart to ache. Slatepelt longed to slither back to the Skyclan camp with him, curl up in his nest and share her warmth, breathe the life and love back into his heart and lungs. Still keeping her gaze adverted, a warm gust of air blew through the clearing, causing her pelt to ripple with it. What was she supposed to say?

"Slatepelt... don't you hate them for doing this to me? To us? How can you stand to be here with these foxhearts?"

This caused Slatepelt to jerk her head towards Shinefang, her gaze intent as she slowly began to speak. She wanted so badly to snap at him for disrespecting their ancestors like that, but instead kept her voice level and smooth. "Sometimes... things happen that are out of our control... even Starclan." Slatepelt paused for a moment, wracking her brain for words before she continued, "I don't hate them, but I was bitter at first. Everyday I wished I could be with you, next to you and with our kits and our family. It just doesn't always work that way though. It's your destiny and I guess I couldn't be a part of it... It's just... Starclan's will and I have to respect that." Her gaze darkened, yellow orbs focused on Shinefang's face, searching for any sign of understanding.

Cherryswirl | Go With The Flow [Active]

CharactersArt ShopDeviantart

[Profile Icon] [Slowpoke Sprite]

Last edited by Dust; November 4th, 2017 at 11:00 AM.
Old November 5th, 2017, 01:53 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustThunderstorm View Post
Ears pinned back against her skull, Slatepelt looked utterly defeated. Her eyes were trained on the ground in front of Shinefang's paws, rapidly darting back in forth in thought and as she held her breath. She was searching for something, anything to say, but found herself at a complete loss for words as he went on. Slatepelt shuffled her paws uncomfortably.

"Then tell me this, why did Starclan do this to me? Would it really have disturbed some grand important plan to let me grow up happily? To have my mother there to watch me become a warrior? To have kits with my mate and watch them grow up together?"

Keeping her head down, the starclan warrior turned her head away, her gaze filled with grief. She had no idea. She never wished any of this on her love, her best friend. How did it get this bad? How did it spiral so far that Shinefang was so resentful. No... This wasn't the cat she once knew. Of course, her love was just as strong, but Shinefang was no longer the carefree spirit she remembered him being and it caused her heart to ache. Slatepelt longed to slither back to the Skyclan camp with him, curl up in his nest and share her warmth, breathe the life and love back into his heart and lungs. Still keeping her gaze adverted, a warm gust of air blew through the clearing, causing her pelt to ripple with it. What was she supposed to say?

"Slatepelt... don't you hate them for doing this to me? To us? How can you stand to be here with these foxhearts?"

This caused Slatepelt to jerk her head towards Shinefang, her gaze intent as she slowly began to speak. She wanted so badly to snap at him for disrespecting their ancestors like that, but instead kept her voice level and smooth. "Sometimes... things happen that are out of our control... even Starclan." Slatepelt paused for a moment, wracking her brain for words before she continued, "I don't hate them, but I was bitter at first. Everyday I wished I could be with you, next to you and with our kits and our family. It just doesn't always work that way though. It's your destiny and I guess I couldn't be a part of it... It's just... Starclan's will and I have to respect that." Her gaze darkened, yellow orbs focused on Shinefang's face, searching for any sign of understanding.
Shinefang's ears flattened against his head, his one remaining eye glaring. "Oh, so Starclan's will gets to trump everything else... my plans, your plans, and we have to just accept that they work in mysterious ways. Am I really supposed to believe you're ok with that? What happened to you? The Slatepelt I knew was as stubborn as she was beautiful. Why aren't you as furious as I am?!" The old tom's fur was bristling again. He hardly recognized his former mate now. The old Slatepelt would never have accepted that bad things "just happen". When Skyclan was low on freshkill during leafbare, she had been among the first to volunteer for extra hunting patrols. Who was this complacent cat who seemed willing to just accept that Starclan had ruined their chance at a happy life together? Shinefang looked away. He couldn't stand to look at this shadow of his beloved Slatepelt for a moment longer. "That may be good enough for you, but it's not good enough for me. I deserved to spend my life with you, and you deserved to have a long life with me. They took that from both of us. And you can tell those foxhearts you're nesting with now that as long as I'm medicine cat of Skyclan, I'll listen to any warnings or prophecies you have for me, and I'll serve Skyclan with all the care I'd have given to my kits. But you can call Skyclan cats to Starclan after you pry them from my cold, dead claws! I will do everything in my power to keep them alive and with Skyclan. Tell the greedy foxhearts that! Now let me go back to my den! I have work to do!" The medicine cat turned his back on her then, just in time to hide the tears as they began to stream down his face.

Old November 5th, 2017, 02:04 PM
Your Local Fisherman

@Sinister Scarwings
Ripplewhisker gave a small sigh as he gazed into the sparkling shallow pond of chilling water, his large fluffy tail swishing across the ground beside him as he sat alone in the Starclan territory, silently thinking to himself for a moment or two before his ears quietly flattened against his head. “Oh, my sweet Swallowstorm.. I’m sorry that I failed you..” The old warrior murmured under his breath as he thought back to his first and only love, Swallowstorm, who had been his mate for several sweet and blissful moons before he had left him due to the tomcat not being there enough for him and not showing that he cared enough. He blamed himself for the misfortune of his adopted son, Sproutwhisker, after he had broken down and declined in his own health rapidly after Swallowstorm had left him. He didn’t eat, hardly slept and would barely manage to smile, all while the black-furred warrior was still training as an apprentice and being bullied by the other youthful cats of Riverclan because he wasn’t clanborn. Ripplewhisker should’ve been there for him, but sickness had engulfed him and put him in a weakened state that landed him in the medicine cat’s den for the last few moons of his life. He solemnly shook his head for a short time before he extended a paw out to the paw and lightly touched the surface, causing a gentle ripple in the clear water. The warrior looked down into the Riverclan camp, but more specifically, the nursery.

He saw Sproutwhisker curled up beside the still body of Talonfang with five, small bundles curled up next to him. His son had still not left his mate’s body, mourning and relishing in the fading scent and heat that her form still possessed until it was truly gone forever. Ripplewhisker once again spat and cursed at Starclan for this fate that was put upon him and he felt tears brim in the corners of his eyes as he did so, feeling a terrible ache within his chest now. He quietly shifted into a laid down position by the water and touched his touch to the reflection of Sproutwhisker in the water and soon enough the black-furred warrior faded into the Starclan hunting grounds, curled up into a small ball beside him. He could see the tear-stained fur under his eyes and how his ears flat against his head in a permanently pained expression. Ripplewhisker proceeded to lay down beside his adopted son and rest his head on his back in silence. “Forgive me, my son, for all that I have put you through.” He whispered in a gentle hushed tone, “Please stay strong for me, stay strong for her and your children.” Ripplewhisker wished that this did not have to happen, but it was an inevitable fate that nothing could be changed about. The maine coon would do anything for his son to be truly happy again and see him smile, but now, Sprout would not smile.

After a few long moments, the old warrior sat up and gently nudged the black-furred male’s shoulder with a gentle touch of his nose. “Sprout, please wake up..” He murmured and soon enough, the tomcat’s icy blue-hued eyes flickered open to meet the light green-hued eyes of his adopted father, Ripplewhisker. “Ripple?” Sproutwhisker mewed quietly, lifting his head to look up at his father with an unknown emotion in his gaze. “Hello, my son,” Ripplewhisker said, saying nothing more as he stared at the smaller tomcat with a certain sadness within his own eyes. The black-furred male slowly heaved himself into a sitting up position as he pressed his muzzle into the main coon’s chest with a slight whimper coming from him now. “Oh, dad... I.. Talonfang..” His words were broken and stuttered as Ripplewhisker wrapped a paw around his adopted son, resting his chin on the black-furred male’s head. “I know, I know.. I’m sorry, I am so very sorry, Sproutwhisker. She is safe now, out of any pain and with me in the stars.” He knew that his words would not bring that much comfort to his son, but it was all that he could say now with the circumstances at paw. “I could’ve saved her.. I could have saved you!” Sproutwhisker snapped, his speech muffled by the maine coon’s fur, but Ripplewhisker shook his head, “No, hey, don’t you dare blame yourself for our ends. It was Starclan’s plan and you had nothing to do with it, this is not your fault and I want you to know that, Sprout.” The old warrior wondered if anyone would hear the Riverclan tomcat's whimpers, especially Talonfang, but he did his best to not focus on such things and just comfort him now.
Old November 5th, 2017, 03:33 PM
Open to RP Whenever

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLittleRobin View Post
@Sinister Scarwings
Ripplewhisker gave a small sigh as he gazed into the sparkling shallow pond of chilling water, his large fluffy tail swishing across the ground beside him as he sat alone in the Starclan territory, silently thinking to himself for a moment or two before his ears quietly flattened against his head. “Oh, my sweet Swallowstorm.. I’m sorry that I failed you..” The old warrior murmured under his breath as he thought back to his first and only love, Swallowstorm, who had been his mate for several sweet and blissful moons before he had left him due to the tomcat not being there enough for him and not showing that he cared enough. He blamed himself for the misfortune of his adopted son, Sproutwhisker, after he had broken down and declined in his own health rapidly after Swallowstorm had left him. He didn’t eat, hardly slept and would barely manage to smile, all while the black-furred warrior was still training as an apprentice and being bullied by the other youthful cats of Riverclan because he wasn’t clanborn. Ripplewhisker should’ve been there for him, but sickness had engulfed him and put him in a weakened state that landed him in the medicine cat’s den for the last few moons of his life. He solemnly shook his head for a short time before he extended a paw out to the paw and lightly touched the surface, causing a gentle ripple in the clear water. The warrior looked down into the Riverclan camp, but more specifically, the nursery.

He saw Sproutwhisker curled up beside the still body of Talonfang with five, small bundles curled up next to him. His son had still not left his mate’s body, mourning and relishing in the fading scent and heat that her form still possessed until it was truly gone forever. Ripplewhisker once again spat and cursed at Starclan for this fate that was put upon him and he felt tears brim in the corners of his eyes as he did so, feeling a terrible ache within his chest now. He quietly shifted into a laid down position by the water and touched his touch to the reflection of Sproutwhisker in the water and soon enough the black-furred warrior faded into the Starclan hunting grounds, curled up into a small ball beside him. He could see the tear-stained fur under his eyes and how his ears flat against his head in a permanently pained expression. Ripplewhisker proceeded to lay down beside his adopted son and rest his head on his back in silence. “Forgive me, my son, for all that I have put you through.” He whispered in a gentle hushed tone, “Please stay strong for me, stay strong for her and your children.” Ripplewhisker wished that this did not have to happen, but it was an inevitable fate that nothing could be changed about. The maine coon would do anything for his son to be truly happy again and see him smile, but now, Sprout would not smile.

After a few long moments, the old warrior sat up and gently nudged the black-furred male’s shoulder with a gentle touch of his nose. “Sprout, please wake up..” He murmured and soon enough, the tomcat’s icy blue-hued eyes flickered open to meet the light green-hued eyes of his adopted father, Ripplewhisker. “Ripple?” Sproutwhisker mewed quietly, lifting his head to look up at his father with an unknown emotion in his gaze. “Hello, my son,” Ripplewhisker said, saying nothing more as he stared at the smaller tomcat with a certain sadness within his own eyes. The black-furred male slowly heaved himself into a sitting up position as he pressed his muzzle into the main coon’s chest with a slight whimper coming from him now. “Oh, dad... I.. Talonfang..” His words were broken and stuttered as Ripplewhisker wrapped a paw around his adopted son, resting his chin on the black-furred male’s head. “I know, I know.. I’m sorry, I am so very sorry, Sproutwhisker. She is safe now, out of any pain and with me in the stars.” He knew that his words would not bring that much comfort to his son, but it was all that he could say now with the circumstances at paw. “I could’ve saved her.. I could have saved you!” Sproutwhisker snapped, his speech muffled by the maine coon’s fur, but Ripplewhisker shook his head, “No, hey, don’t you dare blame yourself for our ends. It was Starclan’s plan and you had nothing to do with it, this is not your fault and I want you to know that, Sprout.” The old warrior wondered if anyone would hear the Riverclan tomcat's whimpers, especially Talonfang, but he did his best to not focus on such things and just comfort him now.
Talonfang had left the old warrior to his muttering and went off to explore. She was still upset but the black and white shecat tried to keep her spirit up. She was on her way back to where Ripplewhisker was and held back tears as she saw her mate. She resisted the urge to run to Sproutwhisker. The two toms were obviously having a moment. Her heart tore in many different places as she listened to Sprout's whimpers. She put on a brave face and casually sauntered over, cautiously. "Sproutwhisker?"
Old November 5th, 2017, 03:54 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister Scarwings View Post

Talonfang had left the old warrior to his muttering and went off to explore. She was still upset but the black and white shecat tried to keep her spirit up. She was on her way back to where Ripplewhisker was and held back tears as she saw her mate. She resisted the urge to run to Sproutwhisker. The two toms were obviously having a moment. Her heart tore in many different places as she listened to Sprout's whimpers. She put on a brave face and casually sauntered over, cautiously. "Sproutwhisker?"
“Sprout, I know that things are going downhill right now, I understand that.” Ripplewhisker murmured, his tone softened, “But you cannot give up, okay? You’ve gotten past all the hardships in your life from the bullies to the rejection to the loss - you might as well be the strongest one out there in the forest.” A quiet, chilling breeze blew through the shimmering forest that now surrounded the two tomcats as the large maine coon comforted the only cat that he could truly call his family - his beloved son, Sproutwhisker. Despite his words, the small tomcat did not speak anymore, just shaking slightly as his muzzle was buried in his father’s chest, claws unsheathing and digging into the loose dirt underneath him now. How could he go on with his life now that both Ripplewhisker and Talonfang were gone? He was alone again, so very alone where he had to make sure all his children would grow up and survive without a mother. He knew that the large tomcat was right though, he needed to be strong for them - for his friends, his family and even himself. Even though Talonfang’s time was done, his was not. There was a long and almost blissful moment of silence between them before Ripplewhisker’s eyes caught the familiar form of Talonfang, whose pelt shimmered with stardust and was slightly transparent, it was a sight that all Starclan cats were given and it seemed almost magical in a certain way, but most were too heartbroken by the sight of their loved ones to realize such a frail detail. He gave a low-toned sigh, knowing that this moment would be inevitable as Talonfang drew closer to them. When she spoke her mate’s name, Sproutwhisker’s shaking seemed to abruptly stop as he pulled away from Ripplewhisker and turned to see his beloved soulmate that was now before him as a Starclan cat, bathed in moonlight and sparkling stars. “Talonfang?” He said, his tone almost escaping his mouth as nothing but mouthed words as he raised a paw slightly to her. He looked back at Ripplewhisker and the large tomcat dipped his head, to which the small black-furred warrior jumped to his paws and ran over to the shecat, immediately nuzzling Talonfang’s neck and tears threatened to fall more from his eyes. “Oh, my love.. I’m so sorry that I could not save you..” He murmured, trying to not appear too broken, though he felt so shattered inside now, “Please forgive me.. I love you so much.. You know that..” Sproutwhisker blamed himself solely for the death of his mate, just like he blamed himself for his adopted father’s passing.
Old November 5th, 2017, 04:01 PM
Open to RP Whenever

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLittleRobin View Post
“Sprout, I know that things are going downhill right now, I understand that.” Ripplewhisker murmured, his tone softened, “But you cannot give up, okay? You’ve gotten past all the hardships in your life from the bullies to the rejection to the loss - you might as well be the strongest one out there in the forest.” A quiet, chilling breeze blew through the shimmering forest that now surrounded the two tomcats as the large maine coon comforted the only cat that he could truly call his family - his beloved son, Sproutwhisker. Despite his words, the small tomcat did not speak anymore, just shaking slightly as his muzzle was buried in his father’s chest, claws unsheathing and digging into the loose dirt underneath him now. How could he go on with his life now that both Ripplewhisker and Talonfang were gone? He was alone again, so very alone where he had to make sure all his children would grow up and survive without a mother. He knew that the large tomcat was right though, he needed to be strong for them - for his friends, his family and even himself. Even though Talonfang’s time was done, his was not. There was a long and almost blissful moment of silence between them before Ripplewhisker’s eyes caught the familiar form of Talonfang, whose pelt shimmered with stardust and was slightly transparent, it was a sight that all Starclan cats were given and it seemed almost magical in a certain way, but most were too heartbroken by the sight of their loved ones to realize such a frail detail. He gave a low-toned sigh, knowing that this moment would be inevitable as Talonfang drew closer to them. When she spoke her mate’s name, Sproutwhisker’s shaking seemed to abruptly stop as he pulled away from Ripplewhisker and turned to see his beloved soulmate that was now before him as a Starclan cat, bathed in moonlight and sparkling stars. “Talonfang?” He said, his tone almost escaping his mouth as nothing but mouthed words as he raised a paw slightly to her. He looked back at Ripplewhisker and the large tomcat dipped his head, to which the small black-furred warrior jumped to his paws and ran over to the shecat, immediately nuzzling Talonfang’s neck and tears threatened to fall more from his eyes. “Oh, my love.. I’m so sorry that I could not save you..” He murmured, trying to not appear too broken, though he felt so shattered inside now, “Please forgive me.. I love you so much.. You know that..” Sproutwhisker blamed himself solely for the death of his mate, just like he blamed himself for his adopted father’s passing.
Talonfang nuzzled her mate and a tear slid from her eye. "You could not have saved me love. You have nothing to be sorry for. My death was something that could not be helped. I love you as well." It shred her heart up to see him like this. " Do not mourn for me the rest of your moons," she said, determined. She backed away from him and looked him straight in the eye. No more mourning. "You will do as I say Sproutwhisker, you will fall in love again. In my memory. Raise the kits well. Find a shecat to treat you better than I ever did. Get it? Got it? Good." She said, not waiting for his protest. It was the only thing she wished if him. Her face no longer held sadness, but strength and honor. She felt her heart growing back together again.
Old November 5th, 2017, 04:28 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister Scarwings View Post

Talonfang nuzzled her mate and a tear slid from her eye. "You could not have saved me love. You have nothing to be sorry for. My death was something that could not be helped. I love you as well." It shred her heart up to see him like this. " Do not mourn for me the rest of your moons," she said, determined. She backed away from him and looked him straight in the eye. No more mourning. "You will do as I say Sproutwhisker, you will fall in love again. In my memory. Raise the kits well. Find a shecat to treat you better than I ever did. Get it? Got it? Good." She said, not waiting for his protest. It was the only thing she wished if him. Her face no longer held sadness, but strength and honor. She felt her heart growing back together again.
Ripplewhisker watched the two mates in a respectful silence from his position by the glistening pond, his tail swishing back and forth behind him. The black-furred tomcat was silent as well as Talonfang spoke to him in a softened tone, nuzzling her mate to comfort his pained whimpers and the guilt that flooded his poor heart. He smiled weakly as she told him that she loved him as well but soon grew scared and a bit anxious as the shecat backed away from him, it even surprised Ripplewhisker slightly, but he kept his mouth shut. Sproutwhisker looked to his mate now as she looked at him straight in his icy blue-hued eyes as she showed not sadness in her gaze, but determination and strength. “Fall in love again? How could-” He began, but she then spoke more that immediately made him shut up as his ears laid flat against his head. The large maine coon could see what Talonfang was doing and even though it appeared to be a bit on the harsher side, she was doing him a favor more like it - helping him move on from her faster and being able to be happy with their kittens. Despite this, however, Ripplewhisker now could only wonder if his son would heed her advice in the end as he watched the black-furred tomcat dip his head to Talonfang. “Yes, dear, I will raise them to be strong and brave, just like you.” He said this with as much honor as he could manage, but it was not hard to tell that he was avoiding her talk of falling in love again and having a second mate.