Mama Dust

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours!
My Mood: Relaxed

Default Re: The Starcave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
@woly
(Alrighty) @Duststorm

Shinefang gave Juniperpaw a shallow nod, and glanced at Daypaw, crouched beside the pool and sound asleep. Grunting as he bent his joint to lie down as well and follow their lead, he lapped at the glimmering water once, rested his head on his aching paws, and drifted off.

When he opened his eyes, he sighed as her glanced over the lush meadow. He remembered this from his dream. The one right before he woke up to see that Oakpaw had died in his sleep. This time he didn't bother unsheathing his claws. He just glanced around looking for a sign of the last cat who'd want to see him now...
Fur glistening in the moonlight, the starclan warrior positioned herself on the far edge of the meadow, grass rising above her paws as she quietly observed the group in the clearing. Her head was dipped ever so slightly as to show respect to the medicine cat receiving their name. Slatepelt adverted her gaze, letting it travel slowly back and forth before it rested on Shinefang. A faint jab of pain struck her heart, remembering their last conversation, but she quickly pushed the thought away and rose to her paws, making her way gracefully over to the skyclan medicine cat.

Her translucent form slipped beside him, her paw steps quiet and the lush foliage unmoved as she sat down. Her tail flickered back and forth before curling completely around her front two paws. Holding her head high and puffing her chest out, Slatepelt turned her attention back to the current ceremony.

Cherryswirl | Go With The Flow [Active]

CharactersArt ShopDeviantart

[Profile Icon] [Slowpoke Sprite]
Old November 16th, 2017, 07:46 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duststorm View Post
Fur glistening in the moonlight, the starclan warrior positioned herself on the far edge of the meadow, grass rising above her paws as she quietly observed the group in the clearing. Her head was dipped ever so slightly as to show respect to the medicine cat receiving their name. Slatepelt adverted her gaze, letting it travel slowly back and forth before it rested on Shinefang. A faint jab of pain struck her heart, remembering their last conversation, but she quickly pushed the thought away and rose to her paws, making her way gracefully over to the skyclan medicine cat.

Her translucent form slipped beside him, her paw steps quiet and the lush foliage unmoved as she sat down. Her tail flickered back and forth before curling completely around her front two paws. Holding her head high and puffing her chest out, Slatepelt turned her attention back to the current ceremony.
(You can go ahead and have Slate ignore Daypaw. I only mentioned @woly and @AbsurdJinx for stalking purposes. Shine would have just lost his first patient by the time this is taking place btw.)

Was it possible for the shecat sitting before him to grow more beautiful each time he saw her? The golden-furred tom looked at his long dead mate with a steady gaze. The last time they had spoken, he had declared that he would use his position to stop cats from going to Starclan by preventing them from dying. Then an apprentice with a bad bump on his head had fallen asleep in his medicine den only to never wake up. Shinefang bore a cold anger, the anger of cat losing a game with high stakes. He knew he couldn't actually make good on his threat. Cats died. That was the way of things. But why did Starclan have to keep taking? "Slatepelt," he said in greeting. His tone was cold. He wasn't as angry as he had been. She said she had fought as hard as she could, and though he still felt she could have fought harder, his mate had never lied to him before. Then again, could he even trust his mate now? She was one of them. His anger clawed at him from within, demanding he lash out, but a stillness had him that was sad and left him feeling... so tired. "I lost Acornpaw," he said simply. She knew what he was talking about, he was sure. That's what Starclan did, wasn't it? watched? "I came to see if Starclan would accept me as the medicine cat." Shinefang didn't need to add that he was only seeking Starclan's approval because he believed in tradition. His opinion of them was the same. All the while as he spoke to her, the memories of how awful he'd been tormented him. But he couldn't apologize for what was true. "I'm not the same cat anymore, Slate. I'm sorry." He couldn't be as angry with her anymore. She had died that day, but the tom she had loved had died with her. Starclan had made corpses of them both. The only difference was that his could still breath.

Old November 17th, 2017, 01:48 AM
Mama Dust

Quote:
(You can go ahead and have Slate ignore Daypaw. I only mentioned @woly and @AbsurdJinx for stalking purposes. Shine would have just lost his first patient by the time this is taking place btw.)

Was it possible for the shecat sitting before him to grow more beautiful each time he saw her? The golden-furred tom looked at his long dead mate with a steady gaze. The last time they had spoken, he had declared that he would use his position to stop cats from going to Starclan by preventing them from dying. Then an apprentice with a bad bump on his head had fallen asleep in his medicine den only to never wake up. Shinefang bore a cold anger, the anger of cat losing a game with high stakes. He knew he couldn't actually make good on his threat. Cats died. That was the way of things. But why did Starclan have to keep taking? "Slatepelt," he said in greeting. His tone was cold. He wasn't as angry as he had been. She said she had fought as hard as she could, and though he still felt she could have fought harder, his mate had never lied to him before. Then again, could he even trust his mate now? She was one of them. His anger clawed at him from within, demanding he lash out, but a stillness had him that was sad and left him feeling... so tired. "I lost Acornpaw," he said simply. She knew what he was talking about, he was sure. That's what Starclan did, wasn't it? watched? "I came to see if Starclan would accept me as the medicine cat." Shinefang didn't need to add that he was only seeking Starclan's approval because he believed in tradition. His opinion of them was the same. All the while as he spoke to her, the memories of how awful he'd been tormented him. But he couldn't apologize for what was true. "I'm not the same cat anymore, Slate. I'm sorry." He couldn't be as angry with her anymore. She had died that day, but the tom she had loved had died with her. Starclan had made corpses of them both. The only difference was that his could still breath.
The air between them was different this time. Despite her still feeling the nagging feeling of sadness, Slatepelt felt more composed and confident this time. Maybe it was because Shine had said what he wanted to, what she had been dreading for moons? Either way, she had spoken her mind and that was that. "Shinefang." Her voice was warm with affection although she lingered a few tail lengths away from him. There was no reason to invade his personal space, especially if he was still upset. In hindsight... Shinefang was valid for being upset, although she wished their conversation had gone better.

"I lost Acornpaw,"

She knew. She had been watching over her mate from the ranks of Starclan and needless to say, waking up to that after they had argued must have been heart-wrenching. The Starclan warrior shuffled the few feet so her fur was pressed against the others, her tail resting gently on his shoulder. "I know dear... I'm sorry." Dipping her head respectfully, the feline shifted her weight into Shinefang, her translucent fur providing a comfortable warmth. She was truly sorry and she wanted to make it evident that it wasn't his fault the young apprentice had passed. Slatepelt listened quietly as Shinefang continued, slowly nodding in acknowledgement.

"I know, Shinefang. I'm sorry I lost my temper with you. I know it's been far too long for the both of us, but change isn't always a bad thing... I'll still love you despite that." She meowed quietly, her tail gently brushing across his back in a soothing motion.

Old November 17th, 2017, 07:56 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
The air between them was different this time. Despite her still feeling the nagging feeling of sadness, Slatepelt felt more composed and confident this time. Maybe it was because Shine had said what he wanted to, what she had been dreading for moons? Either way, she had spoken her mind and that was that. "Shinefang." Her voice was warm with affection although she lingered a few tail lengths away from him. There was no reason to invade his personal space, especially if he was still upset. In hindsight... Shinefang was valid for being upset, although she wished their conversation had gone better.

"I lost Acornpaw,"

She knew. She had been watching over her mate from the ranks of Starclan and needless to say, waking up to that after they had argued must have been heart-wrenching. The Starclan warrior shuffled the few feet so her fur was pressed against the others, her tail resting gently on his shoulder. "I know dear... I'm sorry." Dipping her head respectfully, the feline shifted her weight into Shinefang, her translucent fur providing a comfortable warmth. She was truly sorry and she wanted to make it evident that it wasn't his fault the young apprentice had passed. Slatepelt listened quietly as Shinefang continued, slowly nodding in acknowledgement.

"I know, Shinefang. I'm sorry I lost my temper with you. I know it's been far too long for the both of us, but change isn't always a bad thing... I'll still love you despite that." She meowed quietly, her tail gently brushing across his back in a soothing motion.
Oh how he'd missed feeling her fur against his. For a long moment, Shinefang didn't say anything. They just sat there together in the meadow, her tail resting gently on his shoulder as the lush, green fields swayed in breeze. At last, he heaved a heavy sigh. "So, do the foxhearts want me as Skyclan's medicine cat? I pretty much just took the role. I didn't have some magically prophecy of whatever. It just felt like what Skyclan needed." Throughout all the loss and pain, while his family and loved ones left him, Shinefang had always had Skyclan. It was his home, his children, his mate and he loved it. When he couldn't be a warrior anymore, he still wanted to serve it. Now he was beginning to enjoy the role. It was a new life within his life, a way to head down a new path and see some new sights, all while serving his beloved Skyclan.

Last edited by Charmer; November 17th, 2017 at 07:57 PM.
Old November 17th, 2017, 09:33 PM
it be like that sometimes

My Mood: Unpredictable

Quote:
Originally Posted by woly View Post
daypaw looked around, eyes focusing on the cat who stepped forward. they didnt know what they were expecting, they had never had a proper ceremony before. they had never visited starclan deliberately, and for good reason. at the sight of a starclan cat they couldnt help but let their fur bristle, amber hues focusing on every little movement the shecat made. they knew when taking on the role as a medicine cat they would be involved with starclan greatly, but that didnt mean they had to accept it. they wanted to do thing their own way, starclan involvement or not.

¨what if i dont accept my name. what if im not ready.¨ they mewed coolly. everything up to this point had made them constantly question their role. with geckoleafs disappearance, with the violence happening between their clans,with the lack of herbs and their clan mates dying around them because of said problems. it hurt, it all did. it was stressful. and the fact that gecko wasn't the one giving them their ceremony stung beyond comprehension. the role had taken both a tole on them emotionally but physically. but when it came down to it, they had put their patients first. no matter what came to be, their work had always driven them. it was a lot to take in, to officially leave the possible life of a warrior behind for good. they knew in their heart that this was what they were meant to do, but they couldnt help but think of small things like what kind of warrior they wouldve been, if they would've been a good mentor to someone,if they could've been leader one day.

they knew this was what they were meant to do, but it helped to have some reassurance--anything.
The young former warrior waited patiently for a response. She was certain that they would say ‘I do’. After all, what kind of a cat didn’t want to serve their clan as an official medicine cat with their full name? It would be an honour! That is, if that was your passion. Crimsontiger personally didn’t see serving her clan as a medicine cat an honour, mostly because she’d never had much of a liking for the occupation, and she still didn’t. She might as well go ahead with the ceremony, but that wouldn’t be right. Waiting for the cat to say ‘I do’ was an important part of the ceremony and it was something that could not be skipped.

Daypaw gave their response and Crimsontiger opened her mouth to speak the next set of words, but she suddenly registered what they’d just said and she faltered. Her smile dropped and her eyes widened as she stared at the other cat. The she-cat wasn’t sure what to think of this. She had a whole heap of emotions coming at her, all at once. Ones like shock and confusion, and even a little bit of anger. Were they saying that they didn’t want to serve their clan? “Are you saying that you don’t want to serve your clan as a full medicine cat?” Crimsontiger asked, using a demanding tone to blurt her thoughts out loud before she could think about it. Her temper was coming out again. It had been hidden for so long, and now that fiery attitude that she owned was coming back. The she-cat was so confused. She calmed herself down and let their words run through her head on repeat. They’d suggested that they were not ready. “You are ready,” she said, her voice taut as she kept the anger down. “I would not be here today if I didn’t know that you are ready. I’ve watched you and I’ve watched you go through everything that you have experienced. I know that you deserve your name,” Crimsontiger said. The ebony feline had never really been good at encouraging others and telling them about how ready they were. When she was alive, she’d never cared enough for the confidence of others to help them. But this was one of those times where she just had to do it.

Enjoy the good times <3 because something terrible is probably about to happen

Old November 18th, 2017, 04:35 PM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Of Evil View Post

The young former warrior waited patiently for a response. She was certain that they would say ‘I do’. After all, what kind of a cat didn’t want to serve their clan as an official medicine cat with their full name? It would be an honour! That is, if that was your passion. Crimsontiger personally didn’t see serving her clan as a medicine cat an honour, mostly because she’d never had much of a liking for the occupation, and she still didn’t. She might as well go ahead with the ceremony, but that wouldn’t be right. Waiting for the cat to say ‘I do’ was an important part of the ceremony and it was something that could not be skipped.

Daypaw gave their response and Crimsontiger opened her mouth to speak the next set of words, but she suddenly registered what they’d just said and she faltered. Her smile dropped and her eyes widened as she stared at the other cat. The she-cat wasn’t sure what to think of this. She had a whole heap of emotions coming at her, all at once. Ones like shock and confusion, and even a little bit of anger. Were they saying that they didn’t want to serve their clan? “Are you saying that you don’t want to serve your clan as a full medicine cat?” Crimsontiger asked, using a demanding tone to blurt her thoughts out loud before she could think about it. Her temper was coming out again. It had been hidden for so long, and now that fiery attitude that she owned was coming back. The she-cat was so confused. She calmed herself down and let their words run through her head on repeat. They’d suggested that they were not ready. “You are ready,” she said, her voice taut as she kept the anger down. “I would not be here today if I didn’t know that you are ready. I’ve watched you and I’ve watched you go through everything that you have experienced. I know that you deserve your name,” Crimsontiger said. The ebony feline had never really been good at encouraging others and telling them about how ready they were. When she was alive, she’d never cared enough for the confidence of others to help them. But this was one of those times where she just had to do it.
daypaws eyes went into slits at her question. are you saying you dont want to serve your clan? on the surface it could seem like they didnt, that they thought everything was crap and could be doing better things. but when you looked past that, they were a hard worker. motivated with healing, driven beyond the turning point and they still did their job. ¨there is a difference between serving your clan, and serving starry cats who play god.¨ they mewed. they didnt care if this warrior had died long ago. respect was earned, not given aimlessly. at least, thats how they saw it. in the past most medicine cats stuck close to starclan, they went to them for advice, amens, and so on. served them. daypaw wanted to do things different. this didnt mean they were cutting themselves off from starclan entirely, no, but they would not praise them, or even be around them if its not necessary. they had watched cats being stripped from life, they had looked into warriors eyes as they took their final breaths. death was normal, too normal, and it was sickening.

they were ready. even if the warriors support wasnt the best,daypaw could tell that she was trying. it was all the reassurance they needed. they closed their eyes for a moment. they thought of their mother, marigoldfur. they didnt talk anymore because of daypaw disowning her as a mother. they wondered how proud she would be of them. they thought about their siblings. they thought about nightpaw, how she would probably gush about their new name. they thought about geckoleaf and cricketpaw. they wondered if gecko was okay. they wished she were here.

they opened their eyes, taking a step forward, dipping their head.
¨I do.¨
Old November 19th, 2017, 07:52 AM
Mama Dust

Quote:
Oh how he'd missed feeling her fur against his. For a long moment, Shinefang didn't say anything. They just sat there together in the meadow, her tail resting gently on his shoulder as the lush, green fields swayed in breeze. At last, he heaved a heavy sigh. "So, do the foxhearts want me as Skyclan's medicine cat? I pretty much just took the role. I didn't have some magically prophecy of whatever. It just felt like what Skyclan needed." Throughout all the loss and pain, while his family and loved ones left him, Shinefang had always had Skyclan. It was his home, his children, his mate and he loved it. When he couldn't be a warrior anymore, he still wanted to serve it. Now he was beginning to enjoy the role. It was a new life within his life, a way to head down a new path and see some new sights, all while serving his beloved Skyclan.
She couldn't help but stifle a purr at Shinefang's words. Of course Starclan wanted him. Maybe he hadn't been shown some amazing prophecy, or have the closest relationship with Starclan, but Slatepelt knew that of anyone, her mate deserved this opportunity. Past all the thorns and barriers he had created to keep those from his heart, she knew he was a sweet, kind cat with a heart big enough to help all five clans. Shaking her head, Slatepelt entwined her tail with his, "Yes, you wouldn't be here otherwise." She stated briskly, her eyes shining with pride. Perhaps their lives would have been different had she lived, but the pieces were falling into place now. The starclan warrior believed in him. She believed that he was made for this, even before her death.

Old November 19th, 2017, 07:13 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
She couldn't help but stifle a purr at Shinefang's words. Of course Starclan wanted him. Maybe he hadn't been shown some amazing prophecy, or have the closest relationship with Starclan, but Slatepelt knew that of anyone, her mate deserved this opportunity. Past all the thorns and barriers he had created to keep those from his heart, she knew he was a sweet, kind cat with a heart big enough to help all five clans. Shaking her head, Slatepelt entwined her tail with his, "Yes, you wouldn't be here otherwise." She stated briskly, her eyes shining with pride. Perhaps their lives would have been different had she lived, but the pieces were falling into place now. The starclan warrior believed in him. She believed that he was made for this, even before her death.
One of the old tom's shredded ears, "I suppose I can't argue there." Starclan may be made up of greedy foxhearts who only knew taking, but they were powerful alright. Tentatively, he let her twine his tail with his. Shinefang had lived a full life as a warrior. He had fought and provided for his clan, he'd seen leader's come and go. It was strange to see his life beginning again in a sense. He supposed he should be thankful. Not many cats got to live two lives. But he would have traded it all for just one life with Slatepelt. Even now as she sat beside him, pressed against his fur, as nice as it felt, he couldn't let her in. He couldn't bring himself to feel the freeing, unguarded love that he'd felt before. Some part of him wailed for that unquestioned love, but he couldn't. Not yet at least. Maybe not ever. He had hurt too long and too intensely and used anger as a healing balm until he had gone numb. But even so...perhaps he could just stay here with her a little longer. "So what happens now? Do I see a vision or does Daypaw just wake up and declare me a certified medicine cat? And if your twinkly friends have advise about this Thunderclan and Windclan foxdung, that would be nice too."

Old November 21st, 2017, 02:57 AM
it be like that sometimes

My Mood: Unpredictable

Quote:
Originally Posted by woly View Post
daypaws eyes went into slits at her question. are you saying you dont want to serve your clan? on the surface it could seem like they didnt, that they thought everything was crap and could be doing better things. but when you looked past that, they were a hard worker. motivated with healing, driven beyond the turning point and they still did their job. ¨there is a difference between serving your clan, and serving starry cats who play god.¨ they mewed. they didnt care if this warrior had died long ago. respect was earned, not given aimlessly. at least, thats how they saw it. in the past most medicine cats stuck close to starclan, they went to them for advice, amens, and so on. served them. daypaw wanted to do things different. this didnt mean they were cutting themselves off from starclan entirely, no, but they would not praise them, or even be around them if its not necessary. they had watched cats being stripped from life, they had looked into warriors eyes as they took their final breaths. death was normal, too normal, and it was sickening.

they were ready. even if the warriors support wasnt the best,daypaw could tell that she was trying. it was all the reassurance they needed. they closed their eyes for a moment. they thought of their mother, marigoldfur. they didnt talk anymore because of daypaw disowning her as a mother. they wondered how proud she would be of them. they thought about their siblings. they thought about nightpaw, how she would probably gush about their new name. they thought about geckoleaf and cricketpaw. they wondered if gecko was okay. they wished she were here.

they opened their eyes, taking a step forward, dipping their head.
¨I do.¨
The ebony she-cat found herself gritting her teeth at his response. Starry cats that play God? That triggered her. “StarClan do not play God!” Crimsontiger hissed, her eyes narrowing. It had been a while since a cat had gotten onto her nerves in the way that Daypaw was. “We are your ancestors and the cats who watch over you. We are powerless against anything that happens to you, for we can do nothing but give warnings. We know this and we do not consider ourselves gods,” Crimsontiger said. She shut her eyes and her jaw tightened with the urge to say more, but she refrained herself from doing so. Take it easy Crimson, don’t make them less willing to listen, she told herself. She inhaled and opened her eyes before she exhaled. The she-cat didn’t like the way that the cat spoke in a way that showed the little amount of respect that they had for her. She understood that she had not yet earned the respect of the young cat, but even so, they could at least try and act like they cared to be respectful. Still, the she-cat couldn’t complain too much. The former warrior had never been particularly respectful when she was alive.

“Right then,” she muttered as Daypaw accepted the terms. She straightened her posture and composed herself. Any anger that had been on her face before was now gone and it was as though nothing had happened. “Then by the powers of StarClan I give you your true name as a medicine cat. Daypaw, from this moment you will be known as Daydream. StarClan honors your work driven attitude and your ability to be straightforward, and we welcome you as a full medicine cat of ShadowClan.”

Enjoy the good times <3 because something terrible is probably about to happen

Old November 21st, 2017, 07:32 PM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Of Evil View Post

The ebony she-cat found herself gritting her teeth at his response. Starry cats that play God? That triggered her. “StarClan do not play God!” Crimsontiger hissed, her eyes narrowing. It had been a while since a cat had gotten onto her nerves in the way that Daypaw was. “We are your ancestors and the cats who watch over you. We are powerless against anything that happens to you, for we can do nothing but give warnings. We know this and we do not consider ourselves gods,” Crimsontiger said. She shut her eyes and her jaw tightened with the urge to say more, but she refrained herself from doing so. Take it easy Crimson, don’t make them less willing to listen, she told herself. She inhaled and opened her eyes before she exhaled. The she-cat didn’t like the way that the cat spoke in a way that showed the little amount of respect that they had for her. She understood that she had not yet earned the respect of the young cat, but even so, they could at least try and act like they cared to be respectful. Still, the she-cat couldn’t complain too much. The former warrior had never been particularly respectful when she was alive.

“Right then,” she muttered as Daypaw accepted the terms. She straightened her posture and composed herself. Any anger that had been on her face before was now gone and it was as though nothing had happened. “Then by the powers of StarClan I give you your true name as a medicine cat. Daypaw, from this moment you will be known as Daydream. StarClan honors your work driven attitude and your ability to be straightforward, and we welcome you as a full medicine cat of ShadowClan.”

they were in no mood to argue with their disagreements, id only be talking to a brick wall. they now had their full name. daydream. they were a full medcat now yet they felt so empty. perhaps it was because cricketpaw werent here with them, getting their names together. or maybe it was because it was some starclan cat giving them their name instead of geckoleaf. after this, they would have to face reality that they have no one. that they are now dedicated for their life with this name, to serve and heal their clan. of course daydream would do this without a heartbeat, but they now felt bitter somehow. bitter because they had nothing to go to after they got home.

¨thank you.¨ they said after a moment. it was the only respect daydream would give that shecat.

soon they were fading out back into reality, the starclan cat infront of them became hazy and faded. soon, they woke. the cave of course had them three in it but shienfang was asleep, and juniperpaw who they assumed was awake;having no purpose to see starclan. after all this time they had wondered truly what had been going on with her, and after finding out it was geckoleafs disappearance, they had been just as heartbroken as they molly. but they had never talked about it before this point. they spoke.

¨youre going to need someone to mentor you, juniperpaw.¨
@AbsurdJinx @Charmer [charm, hop ein when ur done with ur rp with dust!]