Last post by Morrigan
Today 08:08 PM

Old May 16th, 2022, 05:28 AM
pfp is personal oc <3

Status: do I have to get out of bed in the morning? please say no
My Mood: Sleepy
Default Paulie's place

The dilute ginger tom padded carefully about his new home
A condemned farmhome with various prey, a lot of mice mostly, and a barn in partially okay condition. It was small, and his territory was average as well. It expanded into the backwoods behind the house and to the yard and rotting fenceposts that had been a corral. Paulie grinned crookedly at the rotting house and sighed contently as he mad his wayto the barn to make a nest.
Old May 18th, 2022, 02:32 PM
pfp is personal oc <3

Default Re: Paulie's place

Paulie jogged into his barn. He'd lived here about three days now, and he liked it so far. The barn was still full of mice. Prey was plentiful, speaking of he had a nice pile of about five or so prey items. And he had a blackbird clamped in his jaws now, so six-ish. He dropped it in the pile and stretched, popping his back. "Ahhh, I'm not as young as I used to be . . ." he mumbled, laying down on the nest of hay he'd made. He smacked his lips and yawned.

[open]
Old May 21st, 2022, 10:31 PM
pfp is personal oc <3

Paulie was out hunting. He smelled the air and stalked after some preyscent to a plump robin. Hopefully, he could grab it before it flew off. He didn't jump very well. He licked his lips, a nervous habit, and leaped at the bird. He nearly missed, but bit into its wing before killing it in a quick crunch. He purred to himself and picked it up just below its neck, beginning the trek back to his barn. Golly, he'd actually caught it!
Old May 31st, 2022, 04:43 PM
No pressure, no diamonds.

My Mood: Tired

@mush.

Storm walked slowly through the forest, not going anywhere in particular, but just going. She was full of energy, though you could only tell by the bounce in her step and the way her tail was held high in the air. She needed a way to get it all out, so she thought she'd go for a walk through nature. The sun was shining, and she was glad she was able to go where she wanted. She was free. Such was the life of a loner, though at times it could get a little rough.

As Storm walked through the woods, the light shining through the leaves of the trees cast dappled shadows on her long, brown tabby pelt. As always, there were pieces of twigs and leaves and dirt stuck in her thick coat. It was almost impossible to get anything out of her rats nest of fur, which she had learned from trying over and over again. Her white underbelly was almost stained a dusty brown from dragging over the dirt she walked on.

The large molly closed her light green eyes as she padded on, taking in the scents and sounds of the forest. The birds were chirping overhead and a light breeze was ruffling the branches. The smell of damp moss followed her as she walked, the smell she was known for.

Being the cat she was, Storm didn't have to walk with her eyes closed for very long before she tripped. Unfortunately, at the moment she had tripped she just happened to be next to a somewhat steep decline. So, of course, the large she-cat rolled through the undergrowth, letting out a surprised, "Mrrrroooooooow!!!!" as she did. Her voice grew louder and louder the faster she rolled (the hill was quite tall and the decline went on for quite some time). Finally, the decline stopped. And Storm rolled right into a dilute ginger tabby who was holding a robin.

Please give me a bump if I don’t respond winthin 72 hours! Thanks!

Charries

Last edited by Polaris; May 31st, 2022 at 04:44 PM.
Old June 1st, 2022, 03:42 PM
pfp is personal oc <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
@mush.

Storm walked slowly through the forest, not going anywhere in particular, but just going. She was full of energy, though you could only tell by the bounce in her step and the way her tail was held high in the air. She needed a way to get it all out, so she thought she'd go for a walk through nature. The sun was shining, and she was glad she was able to go where she wanted. She was free. Such was the life of a loner, though at times it could get a little rough.

As Storm walked through the woods, the light shining through the leaves of the trees cast dappled shadows on her long, brown tabby pelt. As always, there were pieces of twigs and leaves and dirt stuck in her thick coat. It was almost impossible to get anything out of her rats nest of fur, which she had learned from trying over and over again. Her white underbelly was almost stained a dusty brown from dragging over the dirt she walked on.

The large molly closed her light green eyes as she padded on, taking in the scents and sounds of the forest. The birds were chirping overhead and a light breeze was ruffling the branches. The smell of damp moss followed her as she walked, the smell she was known for.

Being the cat she was, Storm didn't have to walk with her eyes closed for very long before she tripped. Unfortunately, at the moment she had tripped she just happened to be next to a somewhat steep decline. So, of course, the large she-cat rolled through the undergrowth, letting out a surprised, "Mrrrroooooooow!!!!" as she did. Her voice grew louder and louder the faster she rolled (the hill was quite tall and the decline went on for quite some time). Finally, the decline stopped. And Storm rolled right into a dilute ginger tabby who was holding a robin.

Paulie
The tomcat had been cheerily padding back to the barn when a younger she-cat bowled into him. He let out a yowl, and the robin flew out of his mouth as they tumbled for a while. He jumped up as soon as they broke apart and tried to calm his rapidly beating heart. He took a few deep breaths and approached the molly. "Who are you?" he asked softly, more curious than defensive. He licked his chest fur to try and calm himself. He'd probably not be able to salvage the robin he'd lost.
(Sorry it's not as long as yours)
Old June 1st, 2022, 04:20 PM

(It's totally fine! You don't have to match length, but I'll try to shorten it up a bit!)
@mush.

What had just happened? Storm had been flying down the slope, leafs and twigs catching in her pelt, when she'd knocked into something hard. Everything hurt. Her head throbbed, her paws ached, and her eye stung (probably from getting poked by something in the fall). With a groan, the large she-cat hauled herself to her feet, her injured eye closed. Suddenly, she caught the whiff of another cat scent. Eye wide with alarm, she jumped back, her pelt bristling slightly. Seeing the tom made her relax a little. He seemed to be older, but not too old. The dilute ginger tabby seemed well fed and somewhat peaceful. After hearing the tom speak, Storm let out a sigh of relief. He was friendly and didn't want to fight. She hated fighting unless she absolutely had too. Still cautious, she replied in her loud rough voice. "I'm so sorry for running into you! See, I accidentally tripped when I was taking a walk through the forest, these big paws always get in my way, and suddenly I was barreling down a hill going who knows where. Then I hit something, and that must have been you! I hope I didn't hurt you or anything like that! Oh, I forgot to answer the question you asked," the loner realized, slapping her face with her paw. Once again, she had just talked without thinking. "I'm Storm! And you are?"

Charries
Old June 1st, 2022, 04:27 PM
pfp is personal oc <3

Quote:
(It's totally fine! You don't have to match length, but I'll try to shorten it up a bit!)
@mush.

What had just happened? Storm had been flying down the slope, leafs and twigs catching in her pelt, when she'd knocked into something hard. Everything hurt. Her head throbbed, her paws ached, and her eye stung (probably from getting poked by something in the fall). With a groan, the large she-cat hauled herself to her feet, her injured eye closed. Suddenly, she caught the whiff of another cat scent. Eye wide with alarm, she jumped back, her pelt bristling slightly. Seeing the tom made her relax a little. He seemed to be older, but not too old. The dilute ginger tabby seemed well fed and somewhat peaceful. After hearing the tom speak, Storm let out a sigh of relief. He was friendly and didn't want to fight. She hated fighting unless she absolutely had too. Still cautious, she replied in her loud rough voice. "I'm so sorry for running into you! See, I accidentally tripped when I was taking a walk through the forest, these big paws always get in my way, and suddenly I was barreling down a hill going who knows where. Then I hit something, and that must have been you! I hope I didn't hurt you or anything like that! Oh, I forgot to answer the question you asked," the loner realized, slapping her face with her paw. Once again, she had just talked without thinking. "I'm Storm! And you are?"
Paulie
The tom waited patiently while the molly spoke. He had always been polite and patient with others, and this molly seemed quite excitable. He chuckled when she spoke impulsively and answered her question for his name. "I'm Paulie, and I think you might owe me a robin after all this unless I find mine." He teased playfully. His maw split into a grin. "Ah, just kiddin'! Why dontcha come with me? Hungry?" he asked, turning back towards the barn after that little inconvenient detour. His dilute paws began taking him back to his home at a leisurely and calm walking pace.
Old June 1st, 2022, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mush. View Post
Paulie
The tom waited patiently while the molly spoke. He had always been polite and patient with others, and this molly seemed quite excitable. He chuckled when she spoke impulsively and answered her question for his name. "I'm Paulie, and I think you might owe me a robin after all this unless I find mine." He teased playfully. His maw split into a grin. "Ah, just kiddin'! Why dontcha come with me? Hungry?" he asked, turning back towards the barn after that little inconvenient detour. His dilute paws began taking him back to his home at a leisurely and calm walking pace.
The tom, who she now knew was Paulie, seemed nice enough, kind and patient. When he said something about a robin, Storm looked around her. Had she made him lose a piece of prey? She could faintly smell it in the air and on Paulie. Mouse droppings! She hadn't known he had just finished hunting! Storm was about to go and look for the discarded prey when the older cat turned and told her to follow him. The molly looked around her, unsure what to do. She'd never met this cat before, and suddenly he was asking her to follow him! Sure, he seemed nice, but you could never judge a cat from the first meeting! Then again, this was why she had come out on the walk anyway! To explore! Storm never really had a set down or territory, unlike many other loners. She enjoyed going from place to place, exploring new things! Maybe this was just what she was looking for! "O-okay!" Making up her mind, Storm followed Paulie through the forest, wondering where they were going. This time, she made sure to look carefully at the ground while she walked. She didn't want to trip again after what had just happened.

Charries
Old June 9th, 2022, 04:57 PM
pfp is personal oc <3

Quote:
The tom, who she now knew was Paulie, seemed nice enough, kind and patient. When he said something about a robin, Storm looked around her. Had she made him lose a piece of prey? She could faintly smell it in the air and on Paulie. Mouse droppings! She hadn't known he had just finished hunting! Storm was about to go and look for the discarded prey when the older cat turned and told her to follow him. The molly looked around her, unsure what to do. She'd never met this cat before, and suddenly he was asking her to follow him! Sure, he seemed nice, but you could never judge a cat from the first meeting! Then again, this was why she had come out on the walk anyway! To explore! Storm never really had a set down or territory, unlike many other loners. She enjoyed going from place to place, exploring new things! Maybe this was just what she was looking for! "O-okay!" Making up her mind, Storm followed Paulie through the forest, wondering where they were going. This time, she made sure to look carefully at the ground while she walked. She didn't want to trip again after what had just happened.
Paulie
The tom stayed quiet, not trying to break the silence in fear he'd startle the molly some more. He kept on through the trees until they broke out of the dim and dappled forest. Leaving swapped short trodden grass and moss for taller, tough grass and sunshine leading up to the barn. The tom made his way carefully around some small holes he'd ran into the first few days, making it to the barn quite swiftly. He trotted easily into the barn through the blown-off barn door. He smiled and finally spoke to the other cat, adressing the house rules. "Make yourself at home, if you're staying a while replace any prey you eat and if short-term don't worry 'bout it, careful of some of the loftier wood bars up there, they're quite unstable." The last phrase he gestured with his tail to the hayloft. He nearly fell into his nest of hay and moss, stretching out his joints. "Been out nearly all day, I don't seem to be ageing too well." He sighed, settling in with a smile. "Well, anything you wanna do, do it. I don't mind talkin' either."