Last post by Fish
Today 12:05 AM
RiverClan Warriors' Den
by BEAR.
Last post by taillow
Yesterday 11:50 PM

Old October 1st, 2021, 12:49 AM

Default a new cat in town (open)

rain was called rain. perhaps it was because of her lovely grey spots on her pelt, or how she was born in a storm. Mabey because her brother had died in a thunder storm, or the fact that a flood caused by a storm had killed her mother. either way, Rain hated the rain.
she looked around her. the twoleg den had short, neat grass. jumping onto the wall, she walked around for a bit. she was bigger than the average cats, because her mother had not been a cat. she was a several. this caused Rain to have a small head, large rounded ears, a spotted and striped coat, long legs and a black-tipped tail. she paused just outside another den. she noticed a cat prancing about outside the den.
anyone can be the cat! clan cat or kittypet or rouge, anyone that wants to interact with Rain is free to! she can even have *cough* relationships *cough* with a cat. you may even roleplay as a human!

Last edited by Poppy'song; October 1st, 2021 at 12:59 AM.
Old October 1st, 2021, 09:52 AM

My Mood: Cool
Default Re: a new cat in town (open)

Torro padded out of his nest with a long stretch. He stopped to listen but heard nothing so he got a running start and scrambled up the wood fence that split his and Tinker's gardens. He didn't want to pry too much but he was concerned. The bars were still around her yard so, it appeared, she was still trapped in. She was likely inside. He worried mostly for her mental state. Tinker was not a cat that'd do well being trapped within her own space, though he conceded she was also not a cat with such a fragile mentality. He lingered atop the fence for a few more heartbeats then sighed and hopped off the fence back into his own garden. Maybe he'd try again later.

He shook himself and trotted around looking for something to entertain himself. He finally found a sunny spot and realized how much the worrying and considering had taken out of him. He stretched and slowly lowered himself down, letting the sun soak into his black pelt. But no sooner had he settled himself on the ground, he cracked open his eyes and a large, lithe molly was looking in on him. Torro nearly jumped as he pulled himself to his feet. "Oh, um, well hello there." There was a slight question to his voice but he didnt want her to think he was being unfriendly.
@Poppy'song
Gingercry
Old October 1st, 2021, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toodle View Post
Torro padded out of his nest with a long stretch. He stopped to listen but heard nothing so he got a running start and scrambled up the wood fence that split his and Tinker's gardens. He didn't want to pry too much but he was concerned. The bars were still around her yard so, it appeared, she was still trapped in. She was likely inside. He worried mostly for her mental state. Tinker was not a cat that'd do well being trapped within her own space, though he conceded she was also not a cat with such a fragile mentality. He lingered atop the fence for a few more heartbeats then sighed and hopped off the fence back into his own garden. Maybe he'd try again later.

He shook himself and trotted around looking for something to entertain himself. He finally found a sunny spot and realized how much the worrying and considering had taken out of him. He stretched and slowly lowered himself down, letting the sun soak into his black pelt. But no sooner had he settled himself on the ground, he cracked open his eyes and a large, lithe molly was looking in on him. Torro nearly jumped as he pulled himself to his feet. "Oh, um, well hello there." There was a slight question to his voice but he didnt want her to think he was being unfriendly.
Rain blinked a few times, then quickly replied, "Hello, I'm new around here. My name is Rain, nice to meet you!" she tried to be polite since she didn't want to be making enemies already. the black tom seemed nice enough. she jumped down and landed gracefully next to the tom to have a more normal conversation. it proved to be a mistake as she loomed over him, even though she was only eight months old. she winced slightly and realized how awkward this would be.
@Toodle
Old October 1st, 2021, 06:54 PM

Torro watched the molly slide off the fence and land in front of him. Her size up close was astonishing but he didn't let it show, she seemed friendly enough and despite her size, she had the soft look of youth. The area was getting younger and younger around him. He was struck again by his decreasing odds of fulfilling his dream of having a family of his own. He shook it off and put on a cheery demeanor. "It's nice to meet you! Welcome. How do you like the new place so far?"
@Poppy'song
Gingercry
Old October 1st, 2021, 11:26 PM

Rain purred, "It's been quite nice! i won't be able to judge on the cats here, though, since you're the first cat i've met here!" she was glad that the tom was friendly and didn't think her size was weird. "Do you do anything interesting around here?" she prompted the tom, already getting bored of the white walls and neat little cottages. why is that den over there guarded by bars? she asked suddenly, pointing to the den with her tail. @Toodle
Old October 2nd, 2021, 10:30 AM

Torro smiled at the large molly. "I'm glad you're settling in well and that I could make your first interaction a good one."

He glanced towards the fence. "Oh its pretty quiet unless you find a wayward cat to drag you along to go looking for something 'interesting'." He chuckled lightly, letting his memories spread through him warmly.

At the mention of the bars, Torro sighed. "There's a young molly that lives over there. A local loner got her pregnant so now her twolegs are making sure she stays safely in her own garden." He shrugged. "You can never really judge what twolegs are going to do next."

(The bars are a single rolling bar along the top of the fence line so when cats jump up they roll back off)
@Poppy'song
Gingercry
Old October 3rd, 2021, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toodle View Post
Torro smiled at the large molly. "I'm glad you're settling in well and that I could make your first interaction a good one."

He glanced towards the fence. "Oh its pretty quiet unless you find a wayward cat to drag you along to go looking for something 'interesting'." He chuckled lightly, letting his memories spread through him warmly.

At the mention of the bars, Torro sighed. "There's a young molly that lives over there. A local loner got her pregnant so now her twolegs are making sure she stays safely in her own garden." He shrugged. "You can never really judge what twolegs are going to do next."

(The bars are a single rolling bar along the top of the fence line so when cats jump up they roll back off)
@Poppy'song
Rain smiled at the tom, though she felt sad for the molly. the tom was fairly nice. getting herself into a more comfortable position, she motioned for Torro to do the same. "Tell me about yourself!" she prompted. @Toodle

Last edited by Poppy'song; October 3rd, 2021 at 07:37 AM.
Old October 3rd, 2021, 11:53 AM

Torro switched his eyes from the fence and looked at the molly as she settled herself down. His shrugged when she motioned for him to join her and settled himself down, curling his paws beneath him, and let put a contented sigh. His eyes widened again. "Tell you about...you want to know...you're asking about me?" Torro cocked his head. Most cats didn't care to ask. He appeared to be a fairly boring straight-forward kittypet and, he supposed, he kind of was. He always assumed they never asked because they knew it'd be uninteresting and now, faced with the question, he worried that it would be true.

"You...you want to know more about me. Um, okay, absolutely. Well, um, I'm afraid I'm not all that interesting. I've been here my whole life, same housefolks. We've had a few different cats here. My closest friend, he was my housefolks' cat before I even came along, passed away a while back. We had a kit for a bit but she disappeared. I asked around but nobody seemed to really know anything. And I guess...I guess what I've always truly wanted was a family..." An embarrassed flush heated beneath his pelt. His wandering eyes had shot up to Rain for a reaction. "I...uh...I didn't mean...that just kinda came out...I mean, it's true...but, uh..." He sighed, what a blundering fool, what's this poor molly going to think of him? "I apologize, I've been a little cooped up and isolated, my social skills aren't what they used to be. That's been a long time desire of mine, to have a family of my own, I've just never actually told anybody that before. I'm sorry if that was more than what you wanted." He shifted uncomfortably. "So anyways, what about you?"
@Poppy'song
Gingercry