The Raven Finder!
Last post by DaffodilFlight
Today 04:45 AM

Old December 29th, 2020, 01:18 PM
I. Am Checkmate :)

My Mood: Cheerful

Default Re: Meta Runner (RP)

@cmdR_Paige

( didnt know if u were gonna make one or not so I threw him in there ^^' )

Tari tensed only to jolt and shake at the hand on her shoulder, what?! Why was skye here?! Why..how. She didn't understand . Wait.. Iv? Dilate? Heart pounding , she looked at the light only to flinch. She fought to keep her eyes open but the light hurt her pupils took a few seconds to do what they were supposed to do. Nope. Fear was too strong , she wanted to get out, she hated this! It reminded her of.. Ya know. " W-what did you do to me?! And lucks - your..both... " she needed to get out of here.

___

The meta Runner gulped only to frown. Them?! He froze up and backed up
" I didnt think it was gonna be ..them! IM A NOOB COMPARED TO THEM IM SO SORRY WERE GONNA DIE !" he whined and fell to his knees. He held his head only to panic. "Not today not today " he whimpered. Anxiety was rushing through his system.

Evelyn gave a scoff at the boy and laughed "I'm sorry for you Paige! Truly! WHIMP!" she sneered at the boy. This had to be embarrassing to Paige.. Good gravy.

The meta Runner just yelped.

Characters -Claudius ( Rogue )

Old December 29th, 2020, 05:12 PM
She we do not speak of

My Mood: Paranoid

- @Holly Checkmate -

"Shhh-shhh... it's okay. Just... calm down," Skye set down the flashlight and tried to maintain eye contact. Gosh, her eyes were such a beautiful violet... "We were examining your subconscious' response to certain stimuli in the server's environment. Just looking at things... that's all. There shouldn't be anything missing or even out of place." Skye hoped that would lessen Tari's fears. She wished she'd brought along one of those toy ducks for her... that would have helped.

___

(Totally envisioning him with round glasses with red frames-)

Paige breathed a heavy sigh and knelt by her shivering teammate. Poor guy... must be so worked up. "Come on, man... we can do this. You're not alone here. You've got me." She gave him a reassuring grin.

Belle seemed to remember folks calling that fellow "Wimpy" or "Whumpu" or something like that and laughed into one hand. Evelyn was right, she had to admit! Was Paige just cursed to be followed around by four-eyed nervous wrecks?

- I left -

Last edited by cmdR_Paige; December 29th, 2020 at 05:12 PM.
Old December 29th, 2020, 05:39 PM

@cmdR_Paige

( now that you say it - I'm doin it -^- )

Tari gave a deer in the head lights look. That's what they were doing?.. Uh. It took her a while to think it through, it sort of made sense..but it just felt..off. But for safety sake- she decided just go with it. "I..if y-you say so.." she sighed out. Looking at the few wires at her arms she started to try and yank one of them off. " What do you mean by..out of place? Wasn't this day your day off?" she asked in a somewhat shaken tone.
Lucks gave growl at this only to walk out and slam the door.

____

The meta runner gulped only to nod and slowly stand to his feat "r-right! WE HAVE THE POWER OF ANIME ON OUR SIDE! RAAAAAAAGH!" he yelled his battle cry as he raised his fists in the air. He thought of all the anime heroes . THEY CAN DO THIS!

Evelyn let out a shrill laugh only to fall off the bench . she was dying of laughter, finally someone she can pick on! "Y-y-y-you hear this guy?!" she cackled. With that the announcements came on indicating it was time to start.

Old December 29th, 2020, 05:51 PM
She we do not speak of

- @Holly Checkmate -

Skye reflexively grabbed Tari's wrist before she could rip out the tubes, leading her face to flush redder than Belle's hair. "Don't... don't take those out just yet. Don't want you bleeding all over the lab. Heheh... uh... hm." She let go of her arm and stood beside her, offering to help her sit up straighter. "It's just that... it takes a bit of delicate handling to remove it safely."

____

Yep, whatever makes you feel braver, Paige smiled, giving him a firm pat on his shoulder. "Now let's kick these two to the curb and give Alphamax the glory it deserves!"

Yeah, she heard him alright. Belle grimaced in annoyance. Another otaku... they were everywhere in this city. Yeesh. She stretched her arms and neck before sitting down, then put on the provided headset next to the monitor.

- I left -
Old December 29th, 2020, 06:03 PM

@cmdR_Paige

She gave a whine at that, she wanted to get out. Then again skye was right.. It wouldn't be good. Probably painful . The meta runner grabbed the wrist that skye had just grabbed and rubbed it a bit. It wasn't hurting or anything just..she wasn't really.. Used to it? " right.. Was he.. Nice to you?.. He didn't hurt you or ..intimidate you did he?" she asked with great concern. Lucks was the type to use intimidation-

___

He bounced at that only to nod and rush to their seats with a war cry. Before he put his head set on he took a few minutes to do some ninjutsu - . He was a Naruto fan. With that he put on his headset

Evelyn took her seat as well only crack her knuckles and grin.

: BEGIN!:

Old December 29th, 2020, 06:14 PM
She we do not speak of

- @Holly Checkmate -

"Oh, he intimidates me alright... but not directly. He has a... commanding presence. He's the kind of person that demands your respect both verbally and psychologically." She took note of Tari's gesture and her face fell slightly. "I'm sorry... it might itch a little. I'm not an experienced doctor, you know... I just did the same to Paige not long ago, and the procedure stuck with me ever since. She turned out alright-- so I don't see why you wouldn't." Although Paige was fully human...

___

Paige immediately headed away from the action, scanning the map for suitable places to hole up in for the time being. "We should play defensively for the time being. That way we can conserve our health and resources."

- I left -

Last edited by cmdR_Paige; December 29th, 2020 at 06:14 PM.
Old December 29th, 2020, 07:16 PM

@cmdR_Paige

" hmm. At least he wasn't harsh on you - And really? I guess its a good thing then. That way you know what to do. And it wasn't because of that- " she quickly added. The wires or whatever didn't really itch too much. A tad bit uncomfortable but not unbearable. " even if you aren't experienced I'd still trust you over a complete stranger not knowing what the heck he's doing " she said as she glared at the thought.

____

The meta runner gave a nod at that , he stuck near paige and scoped out the area. he spotted an area that had some big boulders and trees. His eyes lit up "how about there?" he asked and made his character point . Though he got a bit carried away and picked a dance move which made him giggle.

Evelyn chose to be a sniper in this situation she had most of their base put together- it should be good enough. Her avatar was standing on a cliff near their base - she didn't see anyone yet. Maybe she should wait for the go...

Old December 29th, 2020, 08:44 PM
She we do not speak of

- @Holly Checkmate -

"You're right," Skye remarked, thinking of Lucks. "He doesn't even know the language his server runs on. I hope he isn't upset with me... really, I did all I could." She folded her arms. "Oh, and... far as my break is concerned, I wanted to stay. A day without you would be boring as anything." She gave Tari an upbeat smile.

____

"Save the dancing for celebratory purposes," Paige chuckled. "I think that'll do just fine. I don't have the best long range weapons, so anything like that you'll need to handle."

"They're taking the defensive play," Belle observed. "Must be because they either don't have good gear or they're just trying to play it safe for now. Either way, I'd say we have this in the bag."

- I left -
Old December 29th, 2020, 09:02 PM

@cmdR_Paige

She gave a scoff at that, wow ...he wasn't all that smart with tech was he? She let loose a hate filled laugh towards it. " go figure. And hey, I don't see why he'd be angry with you, but if he is I won't be afraid to kick his shins ! " she with a devilish smile. She did it with Evelyn and she'll do it with him if she had to! No body be angry with her friends none. Protection mode is on. Though she gave a small blush at the next part only to look at her lap " heh...it wouldn't be the same without you here that's for sure.. I'm actually glad he hired you.. Um..c-can we take these things out now? Please?" she didn't want to be on this table anymore.

He gave a nod and went scouting for any resources and weapons "ok..ill see if I can find anything useful..." perhaps some explosives ... And some big machine guns would be nice. "Ill gather some resources too-" yeah he could be the gopher! It wasn't a dangerous job.

Evelyn smirked at this only maniacally laugh " Boom boom boom NOOBIES! BOOM BOOM BOOM!" she snickered and went a little closer. She had some explosives ready to go. " Try and find that wimp would you? I'm gonna take out the top dog here-" if you took out the main threat the minions would scramble and it'd be easy picking there. Or ..that's usually the case in some games. Like if Spiderman had a group of goons and one of them was the top goon with the most dangerous weapons.. You'd try to take that one out directly , since the lesser goons would just crowd it and protect it.

Old December 30th, 2020, 10:58 AM
She we do not speak of

- @Holly Checkmate -

"Sure, just hold still for a second, okay?" Skye didn't want Tari's wrist to bleed-- and she especially didn't want to lose a piece of the catheter inside her radial artery. She took hold of the object and held Tari's arm steady as she carefully removed the IV. She clamped her forefinger and thumb on the incision to keep it from bleeding, and asked another scientist for a wad of gauze and a bandage. When he came back with the requested items, she covered the cut tightly and let go. "There! That cut'll be gone within a week or so."

"Bogey on my tail," Paige observed tensely, fingers hovering over the weapon controls. "I'll try and hold them off-- I think they're targeting me first. If you find anything useful... use it on 'em."

"On it." Belle had hoped for a worthier opponent, if she was honest. It was kind of like doing a chore before getting to do something you really wanted to-- get the annoying stuff out of the way before the fun began. It wouldn't be difficult for her to take him out-- so long as he hadn't found anything better than her gear.

- I left -