Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay > SkyClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan Medicine Cat's...
by BEAR.
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 02:33 PM
tracker stuff
by starry
Last post by starry
Today 02:32 PM
RiverClan Elders' Den
by BEAR.
Last post by Yoshdo
Today 02:28 PM
A Very Impulsively Made...
Last post by Yoshdo
Today 02:18 PM
RiverClan Healing
by starry
Last post by starry
Today 02:15 PM

Old November 20th, 2016, 07:05 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: SkyClan Clearing

@Raywood
It had been over a moon since Grouseflurry was selected to be the deputy of Skyclan, the clan finally seeming to settle back down after the disappearances of the previous deputy and such, getting back into the comfortable groove of things. He took his apprentice out for training every other day, working hard to get the young tom to be as good as he wanted to be, answering any and all questions that he asked, providing help whenever he could, typical Grouse for you really.
Many cats, who may not have known the brown tabby were quickly warming up to him, though that was pretty expected due to his charismatic and cheerful personality. In some cases, his energy and optimism were quite infectious and some cats just couldn't help.. Liking this tom. Even if they wanted to hate him, they found themselves smiling like complete fools when he was around, unable to stop themselves from grinning when he said his greetings to them.
But was this what the clan needed for deputy?
Some could wonder that perhaps a cheerful, naive cat would not be the best cat, what if he couldn't get serious in a situation that required it? What if he wasn't firm enough with loners at the border? How would he deal with a traitor, would he forgive him because he saw the best in every cat? Some cats argued that it would be better to have a stern, level-headed cat rather than one that everyone just simply liked. Of course these arguments were never spoken in the presence of the deputy, fearful that the polite and incredibly nice tom would hear them, they couldn't bring themselves to want to hurting his feelings because he's never done anything wrong to any cat.

With a content sigh, the decently muscled brown tabby padded through the camp entrance, several squirrels and a single robin dangling from his jaws as he headed towards the fresh kill pile, his tail held high as it usually was, a sign of his perpetual happiness that he wasn't afraid to show. No one should be afraid of expressing their happiness, that's what he believed and often said.
Sunlight dancing on and dappling along his back, he would stoop his head down and carefully drop his catches on the pile with the slightest flick of his tail, green eyes glancing upward and squinting just slightly as he looked at the canopy of the tree's, seeing the shadow of a bird flit from one branch to another, the golden rays of light catching his eyes and almost causing them to shimmer like a green crystal, an emerald. After several moments of looking up at the light, he had to shake his head a bit and blink away from looking upwards, what was he doing looking at the canopy anyways?
Chuckling quietly to himself, the deputy would swivel his head around slowly, looking at the cats in the clearing, trying to gather a census of who was here, what they were doing and perhaps if anyone would be open for a small chat over a sunhigh meal, something he quite enjoyed partaking in.
So while his gaze swept over the cats of the clearing, he would stoop his head down again and nose through the pile carefully before selecting a thrush, lifting his head up with the piece of prey hanging there by its tail feathers, he would continue to look for perhaps a cat to chat with.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?

Last edited by The Cannibal; November 20th, 2016 at 07:11 PM.
Old November 21st, 2016, 04:37 PM
Cellist Extraordinaire

My Mood: Lurking

Stumbling out of the apprentice den and into the clearing, a rather nervous Skyepaw found herself looking around, what was her mentors name!? She clearly was losing it and would never be fit to be a warrior if she couldn't remember his name. The new apprentice had only lived in the clan for five moons, surely she could remember someone's name by now.

Aetherwing on the otherhand was lounging out on a rock, sunning himself, he didn't mind the thought that the pair of rescues were a little late. They'd figure out today when they were supposed to be up. Tomorrow would be when the fun began, looking over upon hearing the bumbling that was Skyepaw he looked for the apprentice's friend, Mistypaw, who would be his apprentice.
Old November 21st, 2016, 04:48 PM
Clan Leader

My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octavia View Post
Stumbling out of the apprentice den and into the clearing, a rather nervous Skyepaw found herself looking around, what was her mentors name!? She clearly was losing it and would never be fit to be a warrior if she couldn't remember his name. The new apprentice had only lived in the clan for five moons, surely she could remember someone's name by now.

Aetherwing on the otherhand was lounging out on a rock, sunning himself, he didn't mind the thought that the pair of rescues were a little late. They'd figure out today when they were supposed to be up. Tomorrow would be when the fun began, looking over upon hearing the bumbling that was Skyepaw he looked for the apprentice's friend, Mistypaw, who would be his apprentice.
Mistypaw came rushing out of the apprentice's den behind her friend, glancing around for their mentors and hoping their tardiness was only in their minds. She tried to smooth out her fur once again to look presentable but her nerves was making the short silvery tufts rise back up again. "There's mine," she whispered to Skyepaw, "Where's yours?"

"Here," meowed the she-cat, Bramblestripe walking up behind them with a soft frown. "You-you you're late," she stammered, the rosy brown she-cat flicked her bushy tail. "We-we start at dawn, it's al-most noon." She seemed uncomfortable talking, the usually quiet female trying to branch out and learn how to talk more often. She had to if she wanted to properly train Skyepaw, and she refused to fail the future warrior.

"Sorry," quietly meowed Mistypaw, averting her gaze.
Old November 21st, 2016, 05:59 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

~for @Octavia~

Ashfeather padded into the clearing, the gentle silvery she cat sitting down and wrapping her tail around her paws. Her dark ocean colored blue hues scanned the clearing, looking fairly interested- and a little worried at the same time. She often looked like that, without trying to. The young warrior's tail flicked a little and she gave a small smile towards a few of the cats she saw, although she didn't try to make conversation with any of them. She tended to get nervous when she did so. Her thoughts were a little worried, although based on her calm demeanor, it didn't appear that way. She looked as though she were thinking rather than wondering what she should do and worrying about getting looks from other cats. She didn't like to be stared at...she really didn't like it. It made her feel uncomfortable. This is probably why I don't have too many friends, she thought to herself with a slight shrug. It was true; the young she cat didn't really have a lot of friends. In fact, she had next to none, although that was perfectly alright with her. She preferred it that way, to have just a few close friends that she could trust, rather than a bunch of friends that she couldn't. The she cat yawned, stretching out until she was almost laying down, her tail uncurled from her paws and now stretched out nearly all the way behind her.
Old November 21st, 2016, 06:13 PM
Cellist Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derpple and Ashie View Post
Mistypaw came rushing out of the apprentice's den behind her friend, glancing around for their mentors and hoping their tardiness was only in their minds. She tried to smooth out her fur once again to look presentable but her nerves was making the short silvery tufts rise back up again. "There's mine," she whispered to Skyepaw, "Where's yours?"

"Here," meowed the she-cat, Bramblestripe walking up behind them with a soft frown. "You-you you're late," she stammered, the rosy brown she-cat flicked her bushy tail. "We-we start at dawn, it's al-most noon." She seemed uncomfortable talking, the usually quiet female trying to branch out and learn how to talk more often. She had to if she wanted to properly train Skyepaw, and she refused to fail the future warrior.

"Sorry," quietly meowed Mistypaw, averting her gaze.
"I-I" Skyepaw murmured before quieting up, noticing that her mentor had revealed herself, tail twitching to the side, she could only nod her head a few times. "I forgot, the sun woke me up much later than in the nursery.." she admitted, not sure what else to say, before dipping her head "... I am ready for what punishment you deem fit."

Aetherwing on the other paw was giggling a bit, nodding his head at Mistypaw. "It's alright, I had my first day at one point in my loooooong loooooong life, gosh surely I should be thrown in the elders den already. It feels like a thousand moons already." The tom clearly had a style of mentoring that differed from the norm, or maybe Mistypaw wouldn't know?
Old November 21st, 2016, 06:51 PM
Clan Leader

My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:

"I-I" Skyepaw murmured before quieting up, noticing that her mentor had revealed herself, tail twitching to the side, she could only nod her head a few times. "I forgot, the sun woke me up much later than in the nursery.." she admitted, not sure what else to say, before dipping her head "... I am ready for what punishment you deem fit."

Aetherwing on the other paw was giggling a bit, nodding his head at Mistypaw. "It's alright, I had my first day at one point in my loooooong loooooong life, gosh surely I should be thrown in the elders den already. It feels like a thousand moons already." The tom clearly had a style of mentoring that differed from the norm, or maybe Mistypaw wouldn't know?
Bramblestripe was only able to keep the stern expression up for a few moments longer, and then turned her gaze to the side as well. "Just try to d-do better tomorrow." Then she grew quiet, and let Aetherwing do all the talking. She hoped he wouldn't mind that she'd prefer to pair their apprentices up, and thusly themselves, for training. Afterall, their apprentices seemed to be friends already and she knew she preferred training with those she knew when she was an apprentice.

Mistypaw blinked at her mentor, and then gave an eager nod of her head. "How old are you?" She questioned simply, wondering just how much wisdom he must possess if he claimed he could be an elder.
Old November 21st, 2016, 07:11 PM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

@Duskflight

The past moon or so had flew by like a blur, leaving Rabbitfluff half dizzy and half lost in its wake considering the way things appeared to be changing quickly and without warning. The leadership was enough of a challenge to stomach when growing accustomed to change wasn't his specialty, then to tack on his mate's disappearance with a deputy being appointed in the empty position. Rabbitfluff had nothing against either Lemonstar or Grouseflurry, but the former he was beginning to question in skill. The Clan wasn't in dire need of direction, but where in StarClan's name was he? Lately, it felt as if Grouseflurry was doing the vast majority of the work around SkyClan, despite his status as a deputy.

Grouseflurry was more of an enigma to the lithe tom, not that he had put in a ton of effort into getting to understand who he was, aside from a diligent warrior. Minus their initial meeting, there'd been an extreme lack of formal interaction between the two, and therefore he didn't believe it was right to pass judgment on a cat he didn't even know personally.Taking into consideration Lemonstar's absence, and how the Clan hadn't fallen to pieces yet, he could safely assume he wasn't the worst deputy in the world.

The other piece that hinted at his supposedly good nature was the rest of SkyClan's reactions to him, which hadn't gone unnoticed by Rabbitfluff. Certainly, he took a little longer to warm up to new faces, but everyone else seemed head-over-heels for Grouseflurry, whereas he failed to see the appeal in the tom. It wasn't that he disliked him, but he simply couldn't grasp what was likable to that extent. The timing of his thoughts were perfect, as he glanced up from the mouse he was working on to notice a rather happy-looking Grouseflurry padding through the camp entrance with the day's catches.

Rabbitfluff returned to his own fresh kill, staring blankly at it since his appetite had faded and left him only able to eat small meals intermittently throughout the day without getting sick.

Last edited by Fawn; November 21st, 2016 at 07:11 PM.
Old November 21st, 2016, 07:33 PM
Cellist Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
~for @Octavia~

Ashfeather padded into the clearing, the gentle silvery she cat sitting down and wrapping her tail around her paws. Her dark ocean colored blue hues scanned the clearing, looking fairly interested- and a little worried at the same time. She often looked like that, without trying to. The young warrior's tail flicked a little and she gave a small smile towards a few of the cats she saw, although she didn't try to make conversation with any of them. She tended to get nervous when she did so. Her thoughts were a little worried, although based on her calm demeanor, it didn't appear that way. She looked as though she were thinking rather than wondering what she should do and worrying about getting looks from other cats. She didn't like to be stared at...she really didn't like it. It made her feel uncomfortable. This is probably why I don't have too many friends, she thought to herself with a slight shrug. It was true; the young she cat didn't really have a lot of friends. In fact, she had next to none, although that was perfectly alright with her. She preferred it that way, to have just a few close friends that she could trust, rather than a bunch of friends that she couldn't. The she cat yawned, stretching out until she was almost laying down, her tail uncurled from her paws and now stretched out nearly all the way behind her.
Ashenstorm would be nearby of course, his tail flicking to and from, the last couple moons had been different, and it was nice having someone he could lean on and talk to who understood that sometimes he had a hard grasp with forming the words in his mind out loud. The mottled dark colored tom could only hold back so much, and often it was nice to curl up next to the shy she-cat, she knew what to say to him often enough. As it stood the tom was wandering back into the camp a trio of mice dangling from his maw, the fact he had been hunting was obvious. The pride that he had done so well was not so obvious, maybe perhaps he had done it for the clan, and maybe perhaps little bit to show off to his mate who happened to be in the clearing as he dropped off the prey. Turning back to head on over the tom's tail flicked back and forth excitedly, his gait becoming more giddy happy. She made his day quite easily. Ending up along her side the tom leaned down to brush his muzzle along Ashfeather's side, purring quietly.
Old November 21st, 2016, 10:44 PM
Cellist Extraordinaire

@Derpple and Ashie
Skyepaw could only cough quietly in apologies "I-uhm... sorry, it won't happen again" the she-cat mumbled out bashfully, who knows, maybe the pair will have a bashful-contest, who ever squeaks first loses. Shaking the stray thought away she looked up at her mentor, "Bramblestripe, what's my punishment?" She finally managed to ask, preparing for the worst? Perhaps she'd get exiled if she failed again like this?

Aetherwing on the other paw was having the hardest time keeping a straight face? "How old am I?" He asked himself, quizzically, as if he was going senile for a moment, "Well how old am I, there was the great flooding... the fox attacks... the time pigs flew..." mumbling off to himself for the moment before gasping and looking over., "I know exactly how old I am! I'm old enough to mentor you!" He beamed with a smirk, glancing over to Bramblestripe, as if his humor was pretty good or something

Last edited by Octavia; November 21st, 2016 at 10:46 PM.
Old November 21st, 2016, 10:50 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Quote:

Ashenstorm would be nearby of course, his tail flicking to and from, the last couple moons had been different, and it was nice having someone he could lean on and talk to who understood that sometimes he had a hard grasp with forming the words in his mind out loud. The mottled dark colored tom could only hold back so much, and often it was nice to curl up next to the shy she-cat, she knew what to say to him often enough. As it stood the tom was wandering back into the camp a trio of mice dangling from his maw, the fact he had been hunting was obvious. The pride that he had done so well was not so obvious, maybe perhaps he had done it for the clan, and maybe perhaps little bit to show off to his mate who happened to be in the clearing as he dropped off the prey. Turning back to head on over the tom's tail flicked back and forth excitedly, his gait becoming more giddy happy. She made his day quite easily. Ending up along her side the tom leaned down to brush his muzzle along Ashfeather's side, purring quietly.
Ashfeather looked up to see her mate entering the clearing, his maw filled with several mice. Her hues lit up with happiness, and she began to purr eagerly as he passed over towards her, raising her hues up to look at him as he ventured over. "How was your day? I saw your catch...it was great, you did good," She purred, brushing her tail along him and giving his shoulder a quick lick. Ashfeather loved spending time with Ashenstorm, he was one of the few cats she had met who wasn't loud or pushy. And he was definitely an ideal companion. A wonderful companion. Someone that she loved to have by her side and someone she was proud to call her mate. If she wasn't so shy, she probably would have been more than happy to announce it to the Clan. But as it was, that would probably terrify her as well as embarrass her, so she held her tongue. She brushed her tail around him again, a small smile on her maw as she did so, purring contentedly with her sides vibrating in the slightest way.