Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > The Dark Forest

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan Territory
by BEAR.
Last post by Lucythecat
Today 09:30 AM
WindClan Apprentices' Den
by Ian
Last post by Kaybug.
Today 09:12 AM
RiverClan Elders' Den
by BEAR.
Last post by Yoshdo
Today 09:11 AM
RiverClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by Yoshdo
Today 08:58 AM
Count-Down Until A Staff...
Last post by blxze.
Today 08:48 AM

Old October 24th, 2023, 09:02 PM
What matters is ‘you’

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Blackwater Bog

*-Larkwing-*
She/her | 17 moons | Mind Reader - ACTIVE
A sleek dilute tortie she-cat with green eyes

Water laps and splashes and boils, soaking soft grey and tan fur. As her eyes track the tom, Larkwing cannot bring herself to doubt the words he spews - the promises thinly veiled as threats. He says he will kill her if she does not succeed in restoring RiverClan to glory, and he means it, and Larkwing feels it deep in the very marrow of her bones. She does not wish to die, does not wish to be just another failure in the long line of RiverClan’s leaders.

…but she is not naïve or desperate enough to seek power or take the easy way out. She will work hard to protect her clan, despite this ancient cats potent doubts that protrude from every fiber of his being. He does not believe in her, perhaps he thinks her soft, perhaps he thinks her weak and inexperienced, and while the latter is true and often her heart rules over her head, she is not incapable of making decisions that her heart does not agree with - theoretically anyway.

The statement that she will receive no lies is… well, she should have expected such a thing for being brought here instead of among the stars. It’s still disheartening. How is she expected to throw herself into the fray to protect everyone if they know she has no lives to spare? How is she supposed to be a beacon for how the clan should behave if she has nothing more to spare than any of them? …Really, this new title she’s assuming is nothing but superficial nonsense, she’s nothing more than an ordinary warrior placed upon a pedastal.

”I don’t plan on slacking off,” she informs the ancient tuxedo as he stops right next to her, inches away. ”I’m young, I can serve my clan - our clan - for a long time if I play my cards correctly. I can- I’m going to raise us to the top of the forest again.” Bold words. She wants to believe them. She tries so hard to believe them. If she can restore them to their former glory… she’ll have made a real difference. She won’t be the imposter her brain keeps telling her she is. She wants so badly to believe she can really do such a thing. ”And I’m going to start by winning back Cattail Pond.” Resolute. Firm. Her gaze, though still uneasy, does not waver from Magpiewisp.

[ magpiewisp - @SkeleStar ]
Old October 24th, 2023, 09:42 PM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/
My Mood: Adorable

Magpiewisp
He/Him || Ancient RiverClan Medicine Cat
World Weaver Tier I :: Nightmare Fuel Tier I
@FrostyGalaxy

The tom sniffs as the molly speaks up, the same determination he saw in the others when they accepted with star filled eyes. Excitement and filled with a promise they'd do good. Newsflash they never did. All those hollow promises fell apart the moment they realized they could slouch around and do nothing, while having the titles and lives. Slouch around and realize they don't have to put in work, that they don't want to put in work.

"They all said that. They all said they would make it what it used to be. Promises of what they will do, of what they will achieve. But than they realized it took work. Work and effort they didn't wish to put in." a click of his tongue. "You're a broken songbirds song. I'll break your beak." he gruffed. "If you don't live up to the expectations you put out for yourself. Because you already have to live up to mine." he said as he walked back to where he was previously standing. Walking forwards and turning so he was once again facing Larkwing.

"You can declare as many things as you please to make yourself feel any sort of big. You aren't. I could squash you in a moments notice. But you haven't given me a solid reason to yet. So you can wake up this time. With no lives and hopefully enough fear to fuel you to do better than those before you. If I feel you've earned something, maybe I'll give you a life." a pause as he took a breath. "You replaced the Ginger one, don't forget you can easily be replaced as well. Wake up. I'll be keeping a watch on you. So I'd suggest you work yourself ragged." he snapped, his jowels snapping together.

With this he ejected the molly from the Bog. Hoping she woke up like how the ThunderClan leader had.

(You're free to have Larkwing wake up now! I'd post your next post at the Moon Pool thread Larkwing will be achey and fatiuged /w\ )

"As long as I exist, you will always be loved."
Spiderthroat is the Deputy of ThunderClan
|| Site ||
The waves that crashed upon
The rocks that you were trying to walk along

And in my head I heard them play a song
For you and me

Let's get lost at sea
Where they will never find us

Got stars at night to guide us
Old October 25th, 2023, 10:25 PM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeleStar View Post

Magpiewisp
He/Him || Dark Forest
@dino.

The feline twitched his ear and quirked a brow at the molly. She seemed somewhat bewildered...or so he thought she seemed to be. Ultimately he didn't care. He didn't have time to care. His wounds were sealing, slowly, but sealing as he walked further into the bog.

"Bit of a rude greeting with the information I'm about to give you. Doesn't matter." a pause as he stopped a fox length away from the molly. "You've been doing wonderful, giving me some...souls. I suppose we'll call them. A more recent one on the younger and dumber side, but no one could be worse than Beansprout." a snort.

"Your clan is Poisoned, if I'm recalling correctly. I'd direct your gaze down to the water." he suggested. Although he waited for no confirmation as he dipped his head down and touched his nose against the sludge colored water.

From the ripples a wonky yellow flower can be seen. Flickering between 5 long stems, or 4 short stems. Seemingly tucked away, hanging onto the edge of a cliff, or hidden within a rather damp cave. As fast as it appeared, it fizzled out of existence.

"A Blazing Torment of poison it seems. In your Clan that is." he hummed. Hopefully she would understand the hint. He wasn't one to just hand out answers after all. Lifting his head the tuxedo turned to begin making his way out of the pool. "Dunk your head whenever you're ready to wake up." he offered.
Bumblestar grunted. She was in a bad mood, he was just making it worse, with the water and the chill and the strange way it all dragged at her fur. He was referring to Cracklepaw, surely, and she shrugged. "He's outta my pelt now 'n that's all that matters." Good-for-nothing little rat of a nuisance.

He spoke of poison. Of course her Clan was poisoned; they had caught RiverClan red-clawed at Cattail Pond laying the vile stuff on her land. She thought it had only stretched as far as Wolfpaw, but perhaps not. She stared him down, wondering how many of her cats had been affected.

Bumblestar looked down at the murky water as Magpiewing touched his nose to the surface. The resulting image was hazy, but she could make out its contents all the same. Some sort of flower attached to cliffs, or inside a dark cave. There for only a second and then gone.

She glanced back up as he left the pool, then nodded once. Anger simmered just underneath her skin. She knew the culprits already and she would make sure they burned for what they had done.

Her head vanished underneath the water, and she awoke with a start in her den. It took a moment for the ache to set in before she curled in on herself with a groan, this time cursing the Dark Forest and Magpiewing both for whatever hellish pain they'd decided to inflict on her.
Old December 6th, 2023, 10:25 AM
The forgetful one

Status: Alligator bites are focused on the down stroke of their bite. YOU CAN HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT. [YAY]
Bump Policy: Whenever I am needed, speaketh my name and I shall arrive.
My Mood: Unpredictable

William, surfacing from the water, quickly padded up and out, with a ripple following his movements. A dreamer had followed him as he needed someone to continue his legacy for him. "... Michael... It has been a while."
Michael suddenly burst from the bog, ears flat.
"I'd remain in the water, lest you wish for your pelt to ice over. " William growled.
"D-Dad! What do you want from me?!"
"I simply want you to continue my legacy, continue my killspree. But first, drag that worthless kit of yours to riverclan and get them to let her join 'em. You'll need an inside cat to help gather information about charredpaw's current state. If I'm right, that cat i killed- ashwolf- will have been found dead by now and his mate Berrie will have decided to attack those worthless fish-cats." He growled.
"I'll take her to riverclan, but no more than that. I know you can't do anything to me." He growled, flattening his ears in annoyance before diving back down into the water and waking up.
Old April 17th, 2024, 10:30 PM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/
My Mood: Adorable

Magpiewisp
Ancient RiverClan Medicine Cat || Dark Forest
@occultation

One after another, prawns that do nothing more than swim over a pebble and call it an accomplishment. These disgraces doing nothing more but failing him one after another, it had been an eon since he'd had a decent leader he'd actually bow his head to. One after another RiverClan jumped the streams, swam up their waterfalls, each one, one after another, claiming themselves as leader just due to the fact that they had gotten to the 'end' first. Aggravating, it made him want to pluck each and every fur follicle off of his body and consume it. Rot from the inside out before he had to deal with the disgrace that was his former Clan. Watching as it fell to ruin from it's former glory. All simply due to the fact that no one put in any effort any more.

So, when he brought his most recent victim, dragging the poor soul through the Bog water with little haste. Let them fear drowning, he didn't care. The seaweed and lichen slippery, slimy, goopy. Gross. "You will be telling me your worth, and how you plan on bringing RiverClan up from their self inflicted ashes, or else I'll simply kill you in your sleep and move on until I finally find someone I deem worthy enough to be granted the title 'leader.' " he said, his tone low and hushed, bubbling and boiling with pure, unfiltered, anger. "For it seems as though you living one's are incapable of choosing successors." a bark at the end of his sentence.

"You all talk of bleeding and dying for your Clans. Prove it, for I will happily make you bleed."

"As long as I exist, you will always be loved."
Spiderthroat is the Deputy of ThunderClan
|| Site ||
The waves that crashed upon
The rocks that you were trying to walk along

And in my head I heard them play a song
For you and me

Let's get lost at sea
Where they will never find us

Got stars at night to guide us

Last edited by Starfall; April 17th, 2024 at 10:31 PM.
Old April 21st, 2024, 10:22 PM

Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Hopeful

Fadingsun stretched in his nest, his jaws parting in a wide yawn. It had been nothing but chaos since he'd first stepped up as leader, but frankly he shouldn't expect anything less from this Clan at this point. Hopefully he'd be able to sleep without anyone disturbing him.

Circling a few times, he settled down into a tight ball and curled his tail around his nose. He fell into sleep quickly, his dreams bringing him into a choking, dark blackness. His paws immediately began flailing; was he dreaming of the storm again? It didn't seem like any of the dreams he'd had before, but...

Panic began to set in. No matter how much he tried to remind himself that this was all fake, it felt so real. His throat tightened, his lungs screamed. Just when he was certain he might actually die, he exploded out of the water and his paws made contact with soggy, murky soil.

The pain in his lungs and throat disappeared almost instantly, but it was quickly replaced by a deep sense of malaise. Fadingsun's eyes came to rest on a dark, shadowy figure, almost as soon as said cat began speaking to him.

It wasn't too hard for Fadingsun to deduce that this must be some sort of spirit. He'd always thought that a visit to the Starcave was necessary to meet with spirits, especially those concerned with issues of leadership, but perhaps he was wrong.

He'd never placed much faith in spirits. He'd always found it laughable that many of them, just like this one right here, thought they were somehow better than everyone else just because they were dead. He bit back a laugh at this cat's demands; he supposed having a fragile ego probably came with death for many, especially if they died in a way that they didn't perceive as satisfying enough.

While Fadingsun didn't particularly care if a bunch of dead cats cared about his leadership or not, he was in this cat's domain. That, and given that spirits could (supposedly) grant cats extra lives, perhaps they could indeed take them away. So, considering that, he decided to play this spirit's little game.

"Change is already starting. RiverClan has been allowed to run like a bunch of rogues for too long. Showing no respect or obedience to their high ranks, and putting themselves in absurd situations because of it. I've made it clear to my Clan that it won't be happening any longer, and I fully intend on following through with that. Either the warriors of this Clan begin to fall in line, or they'll be punished accordingly.

"Speaking of punishment, ThunderClan needs some of it. Invading our camp was too far; I'm sick and tired of the squirrels thinking they can cross our borders whenever they want. As soon as RiverClan is ready, we'll be making our first move for retaliation. I plan on attacking ThunderClan at two points, to seize two landmarks from them at once. I want to show them what happens when RiverClan is pushed too far."

His tail-tip twitched. "This Clan has suffered for seasons under terrible leaders. Skystar. Pikestar. Gingerstar. Larkstar. Birdsnow. All leaders who were either too spineless to lead or too weak to last. What they all lacked was an ability to get things done. As leader, I intend on doing just that- getting what needs to be done, done."
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.