Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > The Dark Forest

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
A Very Impulsively Made...
Last post by starry
Today 01:09 PM
RiverClan Leader's Den
by BEAR.
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 01:09 PM
Lionsbeach
by BEAR.
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 12:59 PM
ThunderClan Clearing
by dino.
Last post by Fits
Today 12:57 PM
THC victims needed!...
by Poprock
Last post by Morrigan
Today 12:49 PM

Old March 8th, 2024, 07:00 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Question Morn, Noon, & Night. [P]

Dawnstar had been sleeping by the time Larkrise had returned from her trek to the Starcave. And while she would not wake her mother just to possibly anger her in the midst of the night, Larkrise was aware of the strange little talent she had picked up recently, invading the dreams of those she sought out at night. So with her mother on her mind right before sleep overcame her, the amber-eyed feline sealed her eyes shut.

[ Dreamwalker Purrk Active ]

Larkrise didn't quite dare walk into skies knew whatever Dawnstar was dreaming - she'd rather not stumble across something her mother did not wish her to be privy to and then be beheaded, thank you very much - and instead aimed to draw the Shadow Queen into her own dream. The setting of which, rather, wasn't much of Larkrise's choice. The Medicine Cat side-eyed the bubbling swamp at her side for a moment, and then turned her gaze towards the rotting, ancient land. Well, Wolverine must have a will of steel to live in this circle of hell.

At the very least, this way, she wouldn't have to face Dawnstar's ire all on her own. Peering up at her mother as the scarred tabby faded into view, Larkrise cleared her throat and spoke. "Not the most... ideal circumstances for a report or a meeting, I know, but I could not deny your grandfather's request when he asked so nicely." One shoulder shifted upward in a halfhearted shrug. And okay, fine, Larkrise had her own reasons for bringing the two together for this meeting. "And afterward, I have a couple updates for you."

[ @Undertaker - Dawnstar / @BEAR. - Wolverine ]

Lostspark is ShadowClan’s Medicine Cat.
Old March 11th, 2024, 09:32 PM
Moonraven's brother

Bump Policy: 3 days

Default Re: Morn, Noon, & Night. [P]

@Rose @BEAR.
This didn't have often if ever, as rare as blue moons, that Dawnstar dreamed. If it wasn't a nightmare, her world was often black until she roused herself from slumber. She preferred it that way. So she had assumed that she was being pulled into a nightmare when she entered this strange state of awareness, her sights greeted by a dark swamp. If this was a nightmare, it wasn't one she was familiar with. Her eyes darted skywards and then to she-cat who stood some tail lengths away from here.

Lostspark's form solidified causing the she-cat to narrow her eyes. Ah, not a nightmare, someone was yanking out of her slumber to speak with her. It's not the first time this happened, but aggravating all the same. As Lostspark started speaking Dawnstar's ears pinned themselves against her head. The worry that stabbed at the back of her heart eradicated itself, from the way her daughter was speaking it didn't sound like she was dead. Had Lostspark picked up a new trick while meeting with Wolverine. Something to talk about later.

"Wolverine and nice don't belong in the same sentence," Dawnstar growled while her brain played catch up to this new reality. She was not a fan of this dream sequence stuff it was jarring. "Since you decided to pester me in my sleep instead of waking me, I can only imagine whatever these updates are I'll find them irritating." If the old man wanted to visit her, Wolverine could have done it at any time.

It's not like Dawnstar knew how to block these pests from bugging her in her sleep. She still hadn't figured out who had sent her that little message about RiverClan... still had to pay back them for the hell they put ShadowClan through as well, or rather her. She doubted the cats in ShadowClan today remember much about the Mourning Ruins, but Dawnstar could hold a grudge large enough for the entirety of ShadowClan.

Anyway, if Lostspark had accepted any more stupid deals Dawnstar wasn't going to be as forgiving as last time. She couldn't be upset with Wolverine when Lostspark wasn't using her head and accepting them. The Clan leader swung her head in the direction of Wolverine, one of the few related to her by blood. Dawnstar had given up on most if not all of her blood ties to those who called themselves her family. There was no respect nor familiarity in her amber glare, just cold curiosity. Lostspark's tune had changed since she last spoke about Wolverine, Dawnstar wanted to know why.

Purrks
Dawnstar: Beefed Up Tier 3 || Mindreader
Leechscar: Master Scout || Ultimate Predator

Dawnstar is the leader of ShadowClan and will shred you if you enter her den. She has a semi-closed den policy.
ShadowClan Resources ||| Dawnstar ||| ||| Kit Curriculum Finder
Old April 16th, 2024, 08:30 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Morn, Noon, & Night. [P]

[ time does not EXIST therefore this post isn't late at all ]

All these visitors! Wolverine might need to get a new security system at this rate, the amount of invasions this last moon alone was unheard of. He wondered how those who confined him would feel about this, if they realized cats were beginning to seek him once more. It seemed keeping this little bird in good graces was nothing but beneficial when all it cost him was some words.

Sometime between her departure and arrival, a tiny fuzzball had caught his attention. The dark colored kitten had been wandering through the woods alone, mewing for his mother. Wolverine had collected the child - not out of kindness, but because he recognized the dark shadow that laced his steps. It was only when he saw his eyes did he make any sort of connection - a burning amber like Larkrise's.

But this had been different than his meeting with the Howler. He knew this one no longer held a grip on the mortal realm, at least not yet. Perhaps with time... Wolverine wasn't sure what the advantages of having an undead kit minion was, but he was sure he'd figure it out eventually. In the meantime, as Larkrise emerged in his swamp, he permitted Smokekit to scamper over to greet her and aggressively cuddle. Wolverine didn't hear the words, didn't really care to be honest. His attention was on a slightly less familiar form - but familiar no less.

Oh, how the seasons had turned. His last visit with her had been the Starcave.. shortly after his daughter's death. In some ways, he thought her ragged form was more befitting of a leader than even Icestar's had been - the years of leading had taken a visible toll but she remained surefooted as ever. "I didn't think you'd be coming back so soon," he hummed over to Larkrise, rather non-chalant. "But it seems you dropped something on your way out." A hint to the kit she lost, whom was more than happy to shower her in love.

As for Dawnstar.. "Good to see you too darling, it's been a while." If powers permitted, it would've been sooner - but the world was never fair, was it."Oh, we should do this more often. This is exciting." He was aware neither fully knew of his circumstances - the barriers that kept him away - perhaps they'd touch that subject today, but he wouldn't broach it unless they did. ".. Have you not told her about your name?" he prompted to Larkrise, confused by the mention of multiple updates. "Well, my dear Dawnstar, I've given her Larkrise to signify her renewed passion. Do with that what you'd like." Decline it, accept it, didn't matter to him. She'd always be Larkrise to him.

[ @Rose @Undertaker ]

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules
Old April 16th, 2024, 10:18 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Question Re: Morn, Noon, & Night. [P]

Attention flitting to the little bundle of happiness as he bounded up to her, Larkrise's countenance immediately brightened, heart wrenching with quiet loss as she opened her arms for Smokekit, allowing the dark, rosetted tomkit to cuddle into her as much as he wished. Smokekit. She had thought she'd lost him. Lost him for good. But he was here, and she was certain she could reach him now whenever she wished, if he stuck to Wolverine's side.

Curious eyes turned to Wolverine as her little gander worked. He'd materialized in the dream, even though she was in her nest back in ShadowClan. She nearly snorted out loud at her own thoughts. Of course he'd make her trek all the way to the Starcave to meet him, when apparently he could infiltrate her head whenever he pleased. It probably amused him to no ends. Nonetheless, Larkrise didn't really mind, because she had gained something from it. She now knew where the Starcave was, of her own volition, even if finding it had been a happenstance. Her great-grandfather could do what he so pleased, and she had little say in it. All she was to focus on was staying in his good graces, lest she become an amusing experiment to tamper with once more. She'd done that once, it had not been fun, and it was not an experience she cared to repeat.

She sighed softly at Wolverine's words and turned to Dawnstar. “It was not my intention to receive another name change. I was seeking to make amends with him, and once done with that I was going to return and request that you give me a new name, because being reminded of my failure every time someone called my name was becoming tiresome.” She leveled Wolverine with a pointed glance, but there was no real heat behind the look. She didn't really care, not anymore. The past was the past, and Larkrise intended fully to move on. Wolverine had taught her a lesson, in his own twisted way. And in her own twisted way , she was grateful for it.“I realized that not attempting to change it was worse than sitting back and taking it.”

Gaze settling on her mother once more, Larkrise exhaled slowly. “I have made no absurd deals this time. I am not that much of a fool, and neither am I that desperate. Even if I were, I learned my lesson last time, and I am still paying for that choice.” She was. Her kits had been hurt, whether unintentionally or not, and now they were retaliating. Heronpaw most of all. Larkrise knew not what to do about her family, but it was time they shaped up. She had made amends from her side, multiple times. Whether they wanted a mother or not in their lives, that was their call to make.

“The real reason I wanted to speak with you, Mother, was not for the name change Wolverine gave me. You may accept the name, change the name, announce it to the Clan as if you are the one giving the renaming, if you wish. Either way, I wanted to speak to you about something else.” Yes, she had something different on her mind.

“I have thought on this quite a bit recently, and I've come to the decision that I've done all I can as ShadowClan's Medicine Cat.” She tipped her head up. She would state her piece to the full. “But being Medicine Cat has never been where I belong. ShadowClan needed a healer, and I filled the empty pawprints Elmshadow left behind to the best of my ability. Mossfreckle has been fully trained, he only needs a little bit more experience before I can leave him alone in his rank, but otherwise he is more than ready to be a full Medicine Cat of ShadowClan. I intend to take him to the Starcave soon for his ceremony, and to show him where it is.”

Larkrise inclined her head, attention dipping for a moment to Smokekit. Another of her sons, stolen away too soon. “I am asking to step down, but not yet. ShadowClan can't appear weak and not have one Medicine Cat in the role while we also lack a deputy, so I want to search for a Medicine Cat Apprentice to take Mossfreckle's place when he takes mine, and then I will step down.” She attempted to wrap her arms around her son, the movement one made unconsciously, as if wanting to protect him from the world, even in death. “I ask to be given my Enforcer position back. I am not going anywhere after stepping down, nor do I intend to. ShadowClan is my home, and you, my Mother. I will not abandon that.” ShadowClan was her home, had turned into her home over the moons, even with all its flaws and nostalgic memories.

“I know I may not… deserve to be named Enforcer again, what with all the mistakes I have made lately. And if you feel so, then I request to be made a warrior – and from there I will rebuild.” Amber eyes blazed with determination. What had Dawnstar told her all those moons ago? That she had still been young, that she had still to learn how cruel life could be. Now, one of her own dead kits sat at her paws. Now, she bore scars - mental and physical and emotional - beyond her moons. “I will not make it a secret, Mother, that I still aspire to stand at your side as your deputy, as I made it clear so many moons ago. And while I am not naive enough to presume that I will be given the rank freely, I will be working towards it, whether I have to start off as a warrior after I step down or not.”

[ @Undertaker - Dawnstar / @BEAR. - Wolverine | So, em, for timeline purposes so we're all on the same page, I haven't roleplayed her as Larkrise anywhere except here and in the Starcave thread, so until this roleplay is finished we just boot this to the future - and then move it to the front of the timeline when it's done as if it's just now happened, yeah? Tell me if that doesn't make sense, lol Also oops Taker sorry for springing this on you ]

Lostspark is ShadowClan’s Medicine Cat.

Last edited by Rose; April 16th, 2024 at 10:45 PM.