Old January 13th, 2024, 01:54 PM
silly little guy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs!
My Mood: Dead

Default Re: ShadowClan Medicine Cat's Den

batpaw // he/him // 12 moons
purrks: shadow fiend [INACTIVE]

---

Uuuuugh, the overwhelming scent of herbs made his head throb painfully! Perhaps letting Midleaf convince him to come here was a bad idea, after all. Gritting his teeth, he forces himself to stand on his own paws, taking his weight off of the younger apprentice at his side. The last thing he wanted was for the healer to see how weak he was right now... It would damage him more than the hail that had struck him! Tail lashing behind himself when the molly speaks for him, he shoots her a half-hearted glare, ears laying back in frustration.

"So what-- nothing that The Bat cannot handle. I've managed just fine until now but your obnoxious insistence was driving me crazy."

That was right. He was only here because she had pushed him to come. Not because he was genuinely scared for his health and tired of being so tired all the time. Nope.

midleaf | @Omari // lostspark | @Rose

" oh the places you'll go, little love of mine "
character bios.
gif of cloverhoney by @/ramen !
Old January 14th, 2024, 12:09 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

She/Her | Purrks Overlook

What was it with kits running into her den nowadays? Were they daring each other to do it? Was it because she had recently given birth herself, and the scent of milk wafting off her made them assume this was the nursery? Oh, skies please no. Was Lostspark not scary enough? Come to think of it, Lostspark was quite aware some kits even braved bothering Dawnstar in her den for no apparent reason, so likely they just didn't think of the consequences before they acted. Heaving a sigh, the blind Medicine Cat turned to her latest interruption.

Duskkit. Ah, she knew this one from scent alone. Cougarbite was all over her. "Yes." Sure, Lostspark's response was rather dry, but she wasn't in the mood. How was she meant to explain to her niece that it was different for the pair of them because Duskkit had been born blind, and Lostspark... well, she had gotten her eyes damaged to a terrible extent. Claws to the iris was never going to end in anything less than the eye being shattered.

Pursing her lips a moment, the medicine cat paused her herb shuffling to turn in Duskkit's direction, so her voice wouldn't sound as gruff or muffled. "Did your father send you here for something?" Lostspark could tell the kit herself was not hurt.

[ @peach - Duskkit ]

Lostspark is ShadowClan’s Medicine Cat.
Old January 15th, 2024, 07:28 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

He had been ditched! Abandoned! Shrewstep couldn't believe it! Lynxshade and Featherpaw had taken off in the moments he had gone searching for burnet, leaving him in the territory for slightly longer than needed to be admitted looking for them. He wasn't fool enough to go complaining to Lostspark about it, but it was a bit annoying. Nevertheless, he had arrived in the medicine den with the three sprigs of burnet dropping them inside before backing quickly away. It was strange, being in Ebony's den without Ebony there. I brought burnet? Um, three sprigs! Leaving now! he called, before exiting altogether. He had had quite enough of their sharp smell for the day. @Rose
Old January 16th, 2024, 02:06 PM
♡ Pixie ♡

Bump Policy: ✩1 week / 48 hrs if Time-limited✩
My Mood: Happy

-= Lotuskit =-
-= She/Her =- -= 3 Moons =-

Who knew it was a bad idea to scream and tackle a fully grown cat when you were a kitten with absolutely no battle experience oncesoever. Who knew?

Lotuskit giggled in glee before she was tackled by lostspark. She had forgotten about the scars the medicine cat had carried. She paused in her tracks, dead silent. She attempted to squirm out of the older cat's paws before hanging her head. "Sorr. I-I'll leave now la-l-lostspark," she stuttered before tripping over her own tail. She yowled in suprise before scrambling back up. "s-s-sorry lostspark," she whispered. Dang, why did she have to be so clumsy right now??

[ @Rose ]

x ghostie is haunting this signature
Bean's favorite staff member Lillian was here
lio sneezed here (achoo)
you see crude graffiti... it spells "velli wuz here"
Rose caught the sickness (oh dear)
My Soul is in @/Ian's basement with some ice cream
Pocket Full Of Purrkies
Old January 23rd, 2024, 04:20 PM

Bump Policy: Every few hours, I usually try to respond as quickly as I can
My Mood: Amused

Name: NightWolf
Pronouns:he/him
Description of Injury/Illness: fox scratches and fox bite on hind left leg
Other/Questions(extra facts?):
Live/Die/Desired Outcome: Live

"UNTIL I THREW DOWN MY ENEMY AND SMOTE HIS RUIN UPON THE MOUNTAINSIDE -GANDALF THE WHITE
NIGHTWOLF SHADOWCLAN
24 MOONS
LARGE BLACK TABBY

BOULDERPAW RIVERCLAN
9 MOONS
GREY STRIPED TABBY
Old January 23rd, 2024, 09:45 PM

Bump Policy: Every few hours, I usually try to respond as quickly as I can
My Mood: Amused

NightWolf came back to camp and dropped his large haul of freshkill by the pile of freshkill, he then limped over to the medical den to see the medicine cat, he had a rather violent encounter with a fox and he has been bleeding for a while, he comes to the entrance and calls in

"Lostspark?" he calls out trying to keep the pain from making his voice too shakey

"UNTIL I THREW DOWN MY ENEMY AND SMOTE HIS RUIN UPON THE MOUNTAINSIDE -GANDALF THE WHITE
NIGHTWOLF SHADOWCLAN
24 MOONS
LARGE BLACK TABBY

BOULDERPAW RIVERCLAN
9 MOONS
GREY STRIPED TABBY
Old January 23rd, 2024, 09:56 PM
The Ping You Dread

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Birdkit
ShadowClan
she/her | 2/3 moons
[Blue-grey tabby with dark blue overcoat, white muzzle, chest and paws, and amber eyes]
· · ────────────── · ·
[Lostspark - @Rose]
· · ────────────── · ·
Lostspark's fourth born had spent most of her life in the nursery, and for good reason. The little kit had this nasty habit of pecking at the paws of whoever she was near, testing the waters with teeny teeth before chomping on toes. It was a lovely chilly day when Birdkit, almost a moon old, set her sights on her next target.

Her mother.

Birdkit toddled into the medicine cat's den, having snuck past her poor overworked father. He was nice, but he was so wrapped up with the twelve other kittens, she didn't want to take his energy. That meant if she wanted attention, she had to fight for it. Letting out a squeal of rage, Birdkit launched herself at Lostspark and began steadily gnawing at her paws. Murder! Attack! Die!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (RC) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
Bump whenever! <3
~~~~~
Old January 23rd, 2024, 11:04 PM
*rattles cage* LEMME OUT

Bump Policy: once every 3 days
My Mood: Sleepy

Darkfall

Shadow Fiend: Inactive | Beefed Up (T3) | Ultimate Predator: Inactive

Darkfall walked into the medcine den carrying a presumably screaming and crying Smokekit with him. It took every bit of willpower that the dark furred tom possessed to not panic. He had managed to clean up most of the blood depsite his son’s protests, but the wound didn’t look too good, and he just knew that Larkfire was going to be angry with him. Setting the young tom down, he took a deep breath before calling to his mate. ”My love… Smokekit hurt his eye. Was bleeding pretty bad, I cleaned it up a bit but…” A long sigh before continuing ”It doesn’t look that good. The eye is still there, but I’m afraid I’m unable to tell how serious it is at the moment.”

He hated the idea of bothering the former enforcer, especially with something like this, but he also hated the idea that something might happen to their son and that took precedence. He should really give her a break sometime. After Larkfire became the medicine cat, it had been one problem after another with most stemming from him in some way, shape or form. He was definitely going to have to apologize to her later…
[ @BEAR. @Rose ]

Basic Cat Genetics|Dark's Collection of VAs|
My OC Q&A!
velli lurked here
Old January 24th, 2024, 08:14 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

[ @Omari - Midnightpaw / @silver. - Batpaw ]

Head lifting at the sound of dragging pawsteps, Lostspark turned her face in the direction of her newest den-intruders, if only for it to look like she was giving them her attention. She didn't really need to turn her face towards them, but usually it was a motion done with deliberate thought. To make sure whoever was speaking with her felt listened to.

The scarred molly parted her maw, head canting to the side as she took in the scent of... just the two apprentices. There was no blood. "Bring him here." She growled, voice low and throaty as she waited for the duo to approach her.

Dropping the herbs she'd been aimlessly sorting into their correct spots, Lostspark rose to her paws and prowled over to where Batpaw was spitting vile words at his denmate. "Listen here, apprentice." The blind feline sniped sternly, hovering in front of the pair, amber hues flaring with agitation - and for a moment Lostspark could have sworn she could see them - until everything faded back into familiar darkness again. "Midnightpaw has more than likely saved your sorry behind by insisting you come here today, so if you have anything at all to say to her, it should be conveyed with gratitude. Learn to accept help when you need it, Batpaw. Arrogance is a folly only succeeded by death."

Lingering a moment to let that fact sink in, Lostspark arranged her features back into a mask of quiet calm. "Sit." Inclining her head towards an unoccupied nest, the Medicine Cat silently waited until her orders had been followed before she sat down in front of the dark-furred tom. "Where are you hurt, exactly?" Lostspark questioned. "I smell no blood. What happened?"

[ @Bean - Lotuskit ]

Lostspark huffed out a lengthy sigh at Lotuskit's stuttering. "Stay." She told the kit, gentling her voice as she moved away from the little thing. Aiming a smile at the youngster that probably looked like a grimace, the blind Medicine Cat aimed to brush her feathery tail down Lotuskit's much smaller frame before pulling away again.

"I don't have much company around here."
She paused, a frown tugging the corners of her mouth downward. "Speaking of company, don't you have a Nursery to be in? Siblings to be playing with, parents to be watching after you?"

[ @Lewolfers - Nightwolf | -1 Marigold / -1 Cobweb ]

Blind, she was. Face scarred, probably hideously so. Tired, for certain. Her body was exhausted, limbs feeling heavier than usual. But her head lifted all the same when a voice called out for her. Sightless eyes stared straight ahead as the Medicine Cat rose to her paws and stepped out of her nest, prowling over to the cat who'd called out to her.

It was when she neared the tom that she placed his scent. A former outsider he was, like her. Not Clan born, like she. Not much older than her, he was. Around Darkfall's age. Maybe just as arrogant as him. "Nightwolf." Lostspark returned the greeting, stepping into the warrior's personal space as the sharp smell of blood assaulted her senses. "Bleeding." Was her simple statement as she ducked her head, sniffing a moment at the wound in question before drawing back.

"Come in. And sit." Lostspark said simply, turning back towards her herb store, each pawstep she placed down a careful action. Every sense of hers was on high alert, weary. Once Nightwolf had settled down and Lostspark had picked out the herbs she required, the blind feline picked her way back over to him, cleansing the blood from the scratches on his pelt and moving on to the much larger injury; the fox bite on his backleg. She followed the same procedure with the bigger injury, and applied a layer of marigold paste she'd gotten from chewing the plant into a pulp before patching it with cobweb.

Afterward, Lostspark sat back on her heels and cocked her head to the side. "It should be fine." She said, voice a low rumble. And then, the Medicine Cat added; "If you re-open that wound and waste my herbs, don't bother coming back." Lostspark grumbled, but hesitated in case he was taking her seriously. "That was a jest." She informed him stiffly. "If it gets infected or re-opens unintentionally, come back."

[ @Micanomancy - Birdkit ]

It was in the form of a fluffy little kit that came Lostspark's distraction from her tasks that day. And skies above, Lostspark would never complain of it. She scented her daughter long before the kit latched onto her paws, as Lostspark's senses had become attuned to taking note of each and every cat that entered her den on a daily basis. So when the fourth child of her second litter started attacking her paws as if they had personally offended her, Lostspark did not stop her. No, she gathered one of the loves of her life to her chest. (or tried to, anyway. kits squirmed too much).

"Hello, love." The scarred molly whispered, voice turning pliant and soft with adoration. With devotion. With a mother's love. It was moments like these, when Lostspark's feelings flared high, when her emotions drowned out the stoic facade she usually wore, that little glimpses of sight peeked through. And for a moment, Lostspark could see her. Little Birdkit, wriggling in her grasp. One second her vision was there, clear as ever, and the next - it was gone. This had been happening for a couple days, and Lostspark did not know why. "How is my little bird today?"

[ @Dark - Darkfall / @BEAR. - Smokekit
| -1 Marigold / -1.75 Cobweb ]

There was another.

Another of she. A copy. A twin. Lostspark had never seen this cat. This feline who matched her in every aspect, except that of which her eyes. No, this one’s glowed in the dark like green fire, cruel and mocking. Taunting and amused.

“Traitor.” Came the malice-coated whisper. A harsh retelling, a judgement and reflection of the worst kind, as Lostspark’s mirror image prowled closer, the harsh slant of their mouth a hostile line. “You, Lark, are a traitor of the worst kind.”

———

It was the screaming, the crying, the wailing, that woke Lostspark from her restless slumber. Nightmares plagued her frequently nowadays, ones that felt too real. Each and every second of her dreams was a heartless joke, reminding her of the losses she’d endure. The losses she’d keep on enduring as time went on. But it was not the fact that her son was wailing which jerked her into lucidity.

No. It was that she could see. Before her stood her mate, his brow creased with concern, and Lostspark found herself holding her breath, unable to look away. As if this was a dream that would disappear if she did. But this felt too real to be a dream, and as Lostspark looked around her neatly stocked den, she felt an uneasy prickling in her gut. A warning.

Scarred face, glassy amber eyes. Externally blind, the feline remained. And yet – yet able to see. Inches from her, Smokekit writhed with pain, with the loss of one eye. An eye, that Lostspark knew already could no longer see, because she was starting to figure out what she had not before. A taunt, the truth was, as it dawned on her; the price she would pay. The price she was paying. Cruel and mocking it was, a memory of the words she’d spat at her grandfather in her lowest of moments. Regret had no place in Lostspark’s heart, but in that moment, she felt nothing besides endless remorse.

Something was very wrong, and Lostspark now knew it.

Because where Smokekit had lost vision in one eye, Lostspark could now see perfectly through both of hers. Permanently. Irrevocably unalterable.

Flashes of a jigsaw puzzle fit together at that moment, each recollection a damnation. Being told Wispkit was born sightless, that Birdkit had a relentless cough, that Magpiekit had been born without a limb, that Gloomkit had nearly died at birth. And now, Smokekit.

Here was the price for her vision’s return; something of equal value from each of the thirteen kits she had carried in her when she’d made that wish, when she’d pleaded to her grandfather to give her her sight back. She had foolishly believed that she would be the one to pay the price for her wish. It seemed not.

And right then, something snapped. That fragile thread of sorrow, that hollowness in her chest, the one Lostspark had harbored, had let simmer for too long, dispersed with newfound vigor, and Lostspark’s rage came roaring back as she surged out of her nest, amber hues flaring.

Angry. She was angry. Pissed. The first flicker of true emotion she’d felt since Starrywisp’s Tross had blinded her, leaving her an empty shell. A snarl tore from Lostspark’s throat, deep and guttural and filled with wrath. “I will KILL him.” Wolverine had claimed to be her family, and Lostspark had accepted it. But he was no family if he hurt those who she considered hers.

Maybe she should thank him. In his own twisted, callous way, her grandfather had brought back her spark. Had brought it roaring to life. But she would thank no cat who’d hurt her family.

Limbs shaking with newfound, pent-up emotions, Lostspark prowled over to her mate and son, reigning in her anger for a later moment. She had some vengeance to dole out, but that would come at a later date. Pausing long enough to gather the marigold pulp already set out from before when she had treated Nightwolf, the grey feline gestured for Darkfall to set Smokekit down. It was a matter of moments in which she cleaned the remains of blood on her current eldest son’s face, and then had lathered on the marigold paste, firmly binding it in place with multiple cobwebs. She’d rather not have the wound re-open itself.

And once Smokekit’s eye had been patched, Lostspark sat back on her haunches, expression grim. “I have a mother and a grandfather to visit.” She muttered, voice low.

Lostspark is ShadowClan’s Medicine Cat.
Old January 24th, 2024, 09:00 PM
The Ping You Dread

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post

[ @Micanomancy - Birdkit ]

It was in the form of a fluffy little kit that came Lostspark's distraction from her tasks that day. And skies above, Lostspark would never complain of it. She scented her daughter long before the kit latched onto her paws, as Lostspark's senses had become attuned to taking note of each and every cat that entered her den on a daily basis. So when the fourth child of her second litter started attacking her paws as if they had personally offended her, Lostspark did not stop her. No, she gathered one of the loves of her life to her chest. (or tried to, anyway. kits squirmed too much).

"Hello, love." The scarred molly whispered, voice turning pliant and soft with adoration. With devotion. With a mother's love. It was moments like these, when Lostspark's feelings flared high, when her emotions drowned out the stoic facade she usually wore, that little glimpses of sight peeked through. And for a moment, Lostspark could see her. Little Birdkit, wriggling in her grasp. One second her vision was there, clear as ever, and the next - it was gone. This had been happening for a couple days, and Lostspark did not know why. "How is my little bird today?"

Birdkit
ShadowClan
she/her | 2/3 moons
[Blue-grey tabby with dark blue overcoat, white muzzle, chest and paws, and amber eyes]
· · ────────────── · ·
· · ────────────── · ·
"nnnNNNOOOOOoooo," Birdkit wailed as she was swept up in her mother's warm fur, wiggling uselessly in her grasp. "MammaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAA--" She couldn't help but giggle as Lostspark's fur tickled her ears and nose, causing her to sneeze a tiny kitten sneeze. Eventually she gave up wiggling and settled instead for burrowing deeper into the fur, a purr not unlike the rumbling of the Thunderpath starting up in her chest. It sounded... off, though. Like there was liquid in her chest.

As soon as Lostspark's vision flickered back, she could see Birdkit's fluffy form all curled in front of her, her dark pelt contrasting against the pale fur of her mother. She had her mother's face, and her father's dark stripes along her back. It would be the first time Lostspark had ever seen her daughter. Just like that her vision was gone, and Birdkit suddenly choked on a purr and gasped as her little body wracked with wet coughs that sent her scrambling from her mother's arms to find more air. The fit lasted for only a few heartbeats, but it left Birdkit wheezing and tearing up on the medicine den floor. She reached out for her mother, shivering from exertion and wanting nothing more than to just cuddle again after whatever had just happened. "Mama..." She mewed, looking up with pale grey-amber eyes, which would soon fade into the very same amber her mother had once sported. Though, Lostspark could not see them.

[OH MY GOD PLEASE CALL HER LITTLE BIRD MORE OFTEN I W I L L CRY]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (RC) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
Bump whenever! <3
~~~~~