Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
THC victims needed!...
by Poprock
Last post by Morrigan
Today 12:49 PM
..••°°forest's chaotic art...
by forest
Last post by forest
Today 12:40 PM
RiverClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by Yoshdo
Today 12:39 PM
"Sharpen your teeth" - RC...
Last post by Seamrog
Today 12:18 PM

Old October 6th, 2020, 07:54 PM
GONE

My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Moonlit Grove

[ @bmkmb ]

Russetpaw

The molly stayed silent, listening to Talonstone's speech. It didn't seem real. Stars in their pelt? Visiting living cats through dreams. And the Dark Forest ... that caught Russetpaw's attention. Horrible cats go there. Murderers, abusive cats, liars ... No. That would not be the she-cats goal. The tom flicked his tail, an invite for her to ask more questions. Why did cats want her to talk? Paws shuffled, anxious and scared. Fear was now taking over the cold and unforgiving look in her eyes.

"Can I trust the Clan? I have spent my whole life fighting and stealing to survive. Spending life alone and teaching myself to not trust others. And, can I trust you?" Russetpaw started. She had a few more questions that were irritating her, but she would start out with trust.
Old October 6th, 2020, 10:24 PM
darkness begets light.

My Mood: Mysterious

// @Lynxpaw

The warrior knew the signs of fear. He had been all too familiar with them in the past, and what he had mentioned about the Dark Forest came from personal experience. Talonstone was also aware that it was difficult to believe, the religion of the clans. If he had not seen it for himself, he might not have believed it to be true, either. The blankness that covered Russetpaw was a mask, just as it tended to be. They were strangely similar, and the tomcat was grateful that he was able to help. He understood how apprentices thought and felt. If only he had opened up so easily in the past, all his troubles might have been solved much more quickly.

"That is a difficult question," Talonstone admitted, "and the answer may vary. Clans as a whole are tight-knit groups. Members are loyal; they help and serve each other. Inside a clan, however, there will always be politics involved. Some cats are against Dawnstripe, the current leader of ShadowClan, because she is the former leader's daughter. Dawnstripe is ambitious and does not value the weak - some felines do not respect that. They might plot against Dawnstripe, but not against the clan itself. It is not the leader that makes up the clan, but the individual cats inside of it. Individual cats can become corrupt. I cannot make decisions for you; follow your instincts and continue to suspect others. It is a useful trait."

He paused there, partially to catch his breath and partially to allow the words to sink in. The warrior had been as honest as possible; frankly, ShadowClan was not the most stable clan at the moment. Once he was ready, he continued wryly:

"I would prefer to think that I am trustworthy; however, that ultimately is your decision to make. I have an acquaintance... Lionpaw. He is also a former loner and now resides in ThunderClan. Should you doubt my words, I am confident that he would vouch for me."

He sensed that the questioning wouldn't be over just yet, so he shifted his weight to make it more comfortable for himself. The large tom didn't sit down - he preferred to stand, even if it was more tiring.
Have a wonderful day!

Last edited by nocturnal; October 6th, 2020 at 10:24 PM.
Old October 8th, 2020, 04:38 PM
GONE

[ @bmkmb ]

Russetpaw

The molly paused to listen, thinking. "Well, you seem trustworthy but it's hard to tell when I have never been able to trust anyone in my life. The Clan ... It's all so scary really but I somehow manage to keep an irritated look on my face instead of fear" Russetpaw started. "Safety ... is that actually real? It's so weird ... I'm not used to being looked after by the clan and helping t look after other cats ..." the apprentice questioned, quite a few pauses this time. She looked down at her big leaf nearly full of marigold. After a few more questions, they would be done.
Old October 8th, 2020, 06:52 PM
darkness begets light.

// @Lynxpaw

Those were all valid points. The frosty warrior understood about trust. Despite having been born and raised a clan cat, he did not put his trust into anyone easily. In fact, there was not a single cat alive that he trusted fully and unadulteratedly. Sure, he trusted cats with his life, trusted that they could help and defend him, but that was not complete trust. One could trust an enemy to not murder them in cold blood, but that did not mean that they trusted said enemy with secrets. Talonstone had many secrets. Enough that even he buried them at times.

Unlike Russetpaw, the warrior did not fear. He could feel wary or concerned, but not fear. He had not feared anything since his first day as an apprentice because if he had managed to survive that, then the rest of his life was a nothing but a joke. The mask, though, that still stayed. Away with fear, away with emotion unless used to gain leverage over another. It hadn't been intentional, to loose expression, but it worked out just as well in the long run.

"The clan is not invincible," Talonstone shared. "However, you need not worry about rogues, shelter, or food. Those are provided, as is healing and medical attention should you need it. Training; there are cats who enjoy teaching and would be more than willing to help you learn. Stability; clans rarely switch camps. Once they are settled, it is their home."

Safety was a strange thing. Even then, cats would get hurt. Quite often, actually. Sickness spread with less resistance in populated clans, although having cats to fight alongside one, and the ability to make friends easily was a bonus. Sickness was rare, anyway, even during leafbare.

"There will be cats who are rude and uncaring; those who will take lives for granted and strive to harm others. Speak, and they will be exiled." Although, perhaps not with Dawnstripe around. Survival of the fittest was the aura that the pending leader radiated. Talonstone wasn't saying that such a view was bad - it was simply a bit different. But different could be a good thing, at times.

"The perks of being in a clan rise above if you value safety, stability, education, and companionship. If you value freedom and originality to the point that you will freak if unable to run every day, then perhaps being rooted to a clan is not for you." Talonstone knew very few cats who were like that, however. It wasn't something common at all. "Associate yourself with honorable warriors, and the benefits with greatly outnumbered any negatives that might come with being in a clan."
Have a wonderful day!
Old October 9th, 2020, 04:29 PM
GONE

[ @bmkmb ]

Russetpaw

She listened quietly, occasionally nodding in agreement. "Clans cannot be invincible. If all three were to attack one together, then that one clan would perish, except for a few escapees of course ... Horrible cats that manipulate others aren't very rare so I would know of that" Russetpaw started.

"Dawnstar ... I'm not sure what to make of her yet. I can't tell if she's a horrible leader or not. Freedom ... no. Stability and education is what I value but companionship and safety ..." The fox-like apprentice paused at this, thinking. While she was thinking, her expression changed back to a cold and untrusting look. Dawnstar's method of running a clan was ... different to Icestar's way.

"I have never once in my life had a friend or someone close to me ... and I honestly don't know what a friend is. Safety ... I have never been or felt safe before I joined the clan and I'm not sure if I will ever feel safe" she finished. Safety ... wasn't is just some made-up, dumb fantasy? Who knew. Well, Maybe Talonstone might but she couldn't count on it. The molly fell silent, letting the tom comment on her replies.
Old October 12th, 2020, 10:25 PM
darkness begets light.

// @Lynxpaw

It was disappointing to hear the apprentice state that corrupt cats weren't rare, but it was the truth. Felines were easily manipulated. Give them what they want, and for the most part, they would follow a fake leader even beyond the forest. Birds of a feather flocked together; there was that, too. Standing out was frowned upon within a clan, yet when one cat performed a mousebrained action, then it was inevitable that the rest would follow.

Take the most recent meeting, for example. Some cat decided to attack Dawnstar, and soon enough, there was a small battalion of warriors trying to strike her down. Fools. The brown molly hadn't been appointed as deputy for being weak. In the end, it got them nowhere. All they earned were injuries, self-exile, and one imprisoned queen.

Not all cats had bees for brains, but those that did tended to be the most memorable, which was rarely good for a clan's overall reputation. The clan of shadows contained many kind cats, yet it was known for ruthlessness. Talonstone was confident that not every riverdweller loved fish and water, and not all windrunners were weak battlers. No, they definitely weren't weak. Otherwise, it would be a massive embarrassment to say that they had been chased out by rabbit-hunters out of all cats.

His stance on Dawnstar was his own, not something that he would force onto sensible cats. As for the non-sensible cats, there was no point of even trying. The large feline was a worthy leader. Her harshness was nothing; once again, the shadowcats needed it. They were growing weak; this was a way to remedy that. Not that her predecessor had been lenient in the slightest. It was this next generation of fools that were the problem. Talonstone believed that felines his age hsd the will to fight. Below was questionable, above was mostly balanced. The shadows had once been a passive clan, or so the frosty warrior had been told. It was strange even thinking that way - the clan of shadows without ambition was like a cat without fur. It was unnatural, strange. Yet, it was fully possible.

"Once again, I may influence your thoughts; however, your decisions are yours to make. First, I will warn you that quite a few cats are not in favor of Dawnstar. They see her as a tyrant due to her stricter nature, though I assure you that she does hold the well-being of the clan within her mind. Whatever your stance may be on the matter, it would be best to keep those thoughts to yourself in order to prevent a target from landing on your back." Of course, Russetpaw likely already knew all this. He simply felt the need to remind the apprentice again.

"Second, I have been told that a friend is someone that is always there. A friend should be supportive and trusting; someone that willingly assists in carrying your troubles. However, if that is the definition of 'friend,' then I must admit that I have never had one before." It wasn't a surprise; Lionpaw and Nightshiver, he wasn't comfortable with speaking his mind to them. As for Doetuft, she was a bit more than a friend, and therefore, could not fit that role. "I believe that a friend is someone that you know well. A friend should understand how you feel, should watch out for you, and is someone that you would not mind spending more time with." His improvised definition of a friend kept in mind those who did not open up easily. In his opinion, the original definition was describing more of a parent figure.

"Lastly, safety is a trick of the mind. Asking 'am I safe' is similar to asking 'am I content.' Inquire to yourself what you need to be safe. If you have those, then you are, by your own standards, safe. If not, what can you do to earn what you need? Do you need to feel protected while you rest? Reposition your nest so that your back is facing the wall. Do you need to share your thoughts, or someone who you can ask questions to?" Talonstone's voice quieted slightly, with a difference that one could hear, but not so that it was glaringly obvious. "I am always open. Whether it be to rant, train, or the need to escape camp for a time, I will be willing to assist in any way possible."

With that said, Talonstone spun around, his tail sweeping the air and startling the dust around it. "Gather your bounty and we will head back to camp," he meowed abruptly, as if the recent interrogation had not occured. Hopefully, Russetpaw wouldn't question it. He hoped that the apprentice would take him up on the offer, or at least that he had given her something to gnaw on.. Was it an extension of friendship? Perhaps, something like that.
Have a wonderful day!
Old October 20th, 2020, 07:20 PM
GONE

[ @bmkmb ]

Russetpaw

The molly was silent, listening to the tom. Dawnstar ... yes. She knew this already. "I have no opinion of Dawnstar. In my eyes, she has done nothing good, yet nothing bad during her leadership. I doubt she would make a horrible leader, but not perfect. All cats, including our the new ShadowClan leader will take somthing for granted, whatever it is. Until then, I must have every reason not to hate her" Russetpaw commented. She fell silent again to listen.

"How are you to know what friends are when you have never had one?" the apprentice asked, voice and gaze emotionless. This caught the fox-like she-cat's attention. He has an idea of what a friend is, but has never had one ... this information surely couldn't be trusted but ... Talonstone seemed nice. Seemed trustworthy. But so did most of the clan.

Safety ... trick of the mind. Who would of known I was right. I have never once been content, so then safety must be some made up dumb fantasy. Her thoughts were quickly ended when the warrior ordered her to collect her finding. She did as she was told in silence, grabbing her leaf of marigold and followed the tom back to camp. She kept her eyes trained on the figure ahead of her, the yellow of the herbs threatening to show joy. No. She wouldn't. Couldn't.

[ I'm soooooooooooo sorry. I have been so busy with all my homework and studying for upcoming tests that my brain kid of died. ]
Old December 23rd, 2020, 07:57 PM
Are You Kitten me?!

My Mood: Bored

@Mia Oakkit made it but he thought he say a warrior look up as he slipped out
"now to wait for Dovekit" he sighed what if she was caught he thought what if her apprentice ceremony because of him then what would she hate him?!

Last edited by jayfeather21; December 23rd, 2020 at 07:58 PM.
Old December 23rd, 2020, 07:59 PM
I'm not hated.

Bump Policy: 48-72 hours
My Mood: Queenly

Snakepaw was walking toward the grove, when he scented a kit, he just wanted some peace, now he had to deal with a kit.
@jayfeather21

velli was here with lots of spray paint
marshall snuck around
Reply lengths/time depends purely on my Motivation, please be patient as I have Dysgraphia and ADD [adhd without the h]
The Awaiting Horrors... [KNY RP] | Dragcave
please feed my beautiful ampharos some berries (also so i can get dp but :3)

No.
Old December 23rd, 2020, 08:08 PM

My Mood: Fine

@jayfeather21
Dovekit made it out without anyone noticing. She ran to the grove and spotted Oakkit at once. "You made it out, Oakkit!" she meowed happily. "Did you get spotted?"