Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > StarClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
✩Dreamspirit Finder✩
Last post by Starphobia
Today 03:56 PM
THC victims needed!...
by Poprock
Last post by Starphobia
Today 03:50 PM
a maple tree and a basil...
by ramen
Last post by Starphobia
Today 03:48 PM
BeePaw, WistriaPaw...
by leader
Last post by leader
Today 03:33 PM

Old March 14th, 2024, 08:23 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Too late, too early [p]

Larkthroat
Starclan Queen | She/Her | 25 Moons at death
World Weaver T2 | Previously Windclan

No. NononononoNO!

The thought had been running through Larkthroats head on loop since that witch of a cat had ripped out her throat. It'd been slow healing, if it could even be counted as that as Larkthroat had been forced to crawl her way out of that accursed lake gasping wet and scared from a second death. It'd been like drowning, in her blood, in the lake, in her rage, and that mightve hindered the struggling movements of the queen to haul herself out. Not like she ever knew how to swim anyways.

But still, by the time the molly had struggled to coherency and her paws to look back down on the clans it'd been too late. Horribly horribly too late.
Cowtuft was exiled, blamed for the herbs when Larkthroat knew it was a dark figure that lurked in the clan who did it not him. The clan was shattered, devastated, and Lightningstorm was more so then anyone. The long gone queen didnt even feel betrayed at the clans lack of faith in starclan now, how could they know they were not abandoned when starclan had not been able to stop this betrayal of Cowtuft and the clan.

How could Larkthroat not save her kin.

A sob tore its way out of the mollys throat watching the cow print tom leaving his home, watching the resulting pain from everyone and for a time she just sat there, watching and sobbing as she derided herself for ever thinking she could make a difference. She was just a silly queen who hadnt even reached 30 and her biggest claim to life was a son she never even got to raise, not someone important enough to make a difference.

But.... But she'd be worse then the cats she derided if she gave up. If she went silent on Lightningstorm and let her believe all in starclan turned their back. This.... This wasnt Larkthroats fault but that thunderclan rat's and that she tried to stop Larkthroat was a sign the queen was right.

Giving up wasnt allowed, Larkthroat had to help.

The molly still looked like a wreck still but didnt slow a beat as she rose to her paws and pulled the fabric of the stars to her, shifting to a more isolated place in the night sky to prevent another interruption and snagged the sleeping mind of the medicine cat. She was hardly as put together as the last time, fur frazzled and still slightly damp, and eyes red as her breath shuddered but she still spoke as soon as Lightningstorm seemed able to hear her.
"Its alright! Its alright, youre safe I dont think she can reach us here. I- I am so so sorry I didnt know that'd happen that was.... Im so sorry." Im sorry I couldnt save Cowtuft, Im sorry you got hurt, Im sorry I didnt know how to stop that.

"A-are...... Are you alright?"
The question felt weak, but what else could Larkthroat say?

@Alchemist Kistune
Old April 2nd, 2024, 09:47 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

Default Re: Too late, too early [p]

| Lightningstorm |
Flock Together [Tier 3] - Inactive | Mind Reader - Active

Stars above, this was all a mess. Not even Firestorm's warmth besides her could stop the nightmares that plagued her. The musk that intermingled with the stench of sweet, rotted poison and cats that were more rats than feline as they hunted her down. She hadn't seen a mink. Was unable to tell what one was at this moment, but that didn't stop Lightningstorm's mind from filling in the blanks. From apparating giant, long, vermin looking shadows that reeked like the Windy Hills had just done so. Like her patients had.

The healer wondered if this would be the death of her. If the first to die at from the wounds of these feral, dangerous creatures would cement her death as well. It had been some time since Cowtuft's exile. Since her mentor's death. For he was dead... make no mistake of that. And yet in all that time the clan had mostly treated her as the outlier she was. It wasn't all, of course. Leechscar's cool reception towards her hadn't warmed in the colloquial way, but the tom had certainly been more attentive. The same could be said about Crowtooth... a cat she had admittedly gained some warmth towards, despite her current distrust of the clan.

For the most part, however... nothing had changed. Not since that day. She felt trapped in a clan of rats, with only the quiet nights spent at her mate's side bringing any respite to her weary mind. She didn't miss the looks of suspicion and disdain her former clanmates sent her way. And it seemed that her subconscious was clinging to these every day negative interactions as well. Disallowing her any sleep. Reminding her that it was her job to suffer. To be hunted. To know that any second could be her last.

It didn't make the feeling of paws on her any more comforting, however. Any less surprising. And as Lightningstorm felt herself dragged, she felt a yowl of defiance escape her, telling the rats to unhand her as she fought back. Stars alive, if all the nights she had spent fighting these terrors could count as battle experience, she might just be as competent as a warrior. Yet another thought that brought her no solace as she instinctively lashed out, words that would have made Cowtuft blush and reprimand her tumbling from her maw unabashedly as she tried to confront her assailants... only to realize there were none.

"Y-you... You're... Oh stars... Just..."

The lithe calico's sides were heaving with effort, the previous run through her nightmarish hellscape combined with her current battle against an enemy that wasn't there leaving her battered. Bruised. Sick. It was a struggle to not divulge what little stomach contents she had as she tried to get up, wiry limbs shaking with the effort. Truth be told, Lightningstorm hadn't the foggiest how she could feel so nauseated in a realm so far away from her physical world. A matter that would have no doubt fascinated her at any other time. And yet now, with Larkthroat's appearance and her own tumultuous thoughts storming about - most of them renewing the hazy, confusing memories of when she'd seen the former queen last - it was the last thing on her mind.

"I'm fine... As fine as... Don't matter... Why? After... After everything. It's all well bloody done now, innit?" the medicine cat finally managed to ask, her gaze tired more so than vile as it landed on the queen's brown.

@Rani [Larkthroat]
| Turns out I couldn't even connect yesterday. Lightning and Lark today though! |

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old April 4th, 2024, 02:21 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Larkthroat
Starclan Queen | She/Her | 25 Moons at death
World Weaver T2 | Previously Windclan

And so the effects of what'd happened rippled in both mind and body. The victims of the brutal attack were shaken and Cowtuft had been blamed for a crime that was not his after yet another dead that shouldve never occurred. The chances that Larkthroat couldve done anything were slim, she'd only meant to warn Lightningstorm that the herbs had been tainted and that her kin had been framed by some shadow in the clan (though who it was would forever be a mystery) but maybe it couldve done something. Now however Cowtuft was disgraced and Lightningstorm was shaken twicefold by an attack and the event and left alone.

For the first time in her life the queen hated the cow print pattern of her own pelt, how it looked dead like her kins did, as she wondered if the similarities in how ragged Larkthroat looked right now reminded her of her mentor.

Because they both looked terrible really.
But still, as always, Lightningstorm deserved answers.

"I-I wanted to apologize to you, for everything that happened even if it shouldnt have. A-and I still want to help."
The queen closed her eyes, pained, but forced herself to hold her gaze with the medicine cat.
"I wasnt lying, I want to help. I want windclan to have starclans support like thunderclan does and to know theyre not abandoned. I-I know I failed before but I'd be a hypocrite if I let it stop me from trying.

I-if you dont wish to talk to me I totally understand after what happened last time, Ill send you back to peaceful dreams and we never have to talk again. However if you'll give me a chance Ive a prophecy to help with the current..... predator situation and a gift with more to follow whenever I can."
All Larkthroat needed was a chance. The queen had never given a prophecy before, had never drawn on that well of power even starclan cats did not understand but she would split the heavens if it was to help her clan and honorary kin in Lightningstorm. She'd been special to the queens nephew, and it meant something.

@Alchemist Kitsune
Old April 21st, 2024, 01:14 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Lightningstorm |
Flock Together [Tier 3] - Inactive | Mind Reader - Active

Her vision swimming, the apologies of the queen... It all made things seem so surreal for a moment, making her believe that she was looking at Tufty. It was disconcerting. Was she so desperate for safety? For warmth? For a sense of belonging? That she would see him in any cat? Never mind that the looks were... very clearly his. That if it wasn't for the eyes not fitting one could almost mistake the two. Almost. Even in her stupor Lightningstorm knew well enough that he was gone. That he would never return. That he had been exiled, and had quite possibly not been granted a return to the stars upon his death as he so rightfully deserved. Because she held no doubt as to his death, merely doubt at the efficacy of justice when turning to the cats of olden times.

"F-failed..." the medicine cat muttered, her paw on her head as she tried to remember that long gone visit.

It had ended so... abruptly. Lightningstorm had assumed it had all been part of a dream. That she had imagined the whole thing. She'd remember bits and pieces of it. Enough to know that StarClan was floundering for some reason. That they didn't have the strength to help to the degree they normally would. It seemed odd, truly, considering how ThunderClan was obviously favored. But this feline here... this... Larkthroat... that looked so much like him. She was offering to tip the scales. To even the playing field some. Even if she had her doubts as to how useful this would be, as to how long StarClan would keep this promise... she was willing to give it a try. A pessimistic, would be surprised if it sticks try, but a try none the less. She would prefer to be proven wrong than to put her hopes in cats that had let her down time and time again, but nothing would be gained if no venture was ever taken in the first place.

"Peaceful dreams... That's a bloody laugh," she muttered, a mirthless laugh escaping her as she finally lifted her head, lapis hues meeting the queen's warm brown tones. "I might be bitter and skeptical. I know what I am. But I have never been too proud to turn my nose at any knowledge that could help."

@Rani [Larkthroat]
| You are free to drop this roleplay, no worries! I just feel bad not responding now that I could get a breather to catch up with it. |

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios