by BEAR.
Last post by Snivellus
Today 12:53 PM

Old December 1st, 2019, 02:57 PM
Dazzling star dust ✨

Default Re: RiverClan Training Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Eagleflight thought he was prepared, but he was still taken by surprise as his apprentice's paws struck out at him, causing him to land with a soft thud on the sand of the clearing. He was quickly back on his feet, dusting off his silky pelt.

"Well done!" The russet tom praised, beaming from ear to ear. "Try it one more time, but with a little more confidence. You got this!" He leapt at her once more, hoping she would be even quicker this time.
At the praise Riverpaw wasn't sure how to react. It was the first real praise she'd ever gotten. She had done it right! She actually did it right! That made her happy. Though seeing that her accomplishment made Eagleflight happy too made his praise mean that much more. If this was what training was supposed to be like, Riverpaw liked it.
Okay one more time. Dodge, spin swipe. Dodge, spin swipe. The silver tabby repeated in her head. She wanted to do this right again. If she could she might have a chance at becoming a warrior.
As he leapt Riverpaw dodged to the side. Almost at once, spinning and swiping at her mentor's paw mid motion. Wait. Was that's how it's done? Or was I supposed to wait longer? She wondered right after doing so. Maybe she did it wrong or was it right? She wasn't sure. This was hard.

~*~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfur View Post
Dirtfur looked concerningly at Frozenpaw as if the question was as weird the tabby warrior himself. "No, I expect you to catch a squirrel!" otherwise, you don't need to roll around in it, just scoop it up and rub it on yourself. He noticed the external cringe hanging to his apprentice's face. This is a survival skill! You can use it to survive, Dirtfur thought. "Listen, I know it's disgusting to use dirt on yourself, but trust me. This survival skill is worth it," he padded forward to the huge apprentice and looked up and added, "Who knows what would happen? You can use these dirt and mud to cover your scent and hide somewhere that no threat can probably reach." He trotted back and forth, ordering Frozenpaw to try on the dirt and mud.
Frozenpaw still wasn't having it. Roll in the dirt and mud? Even if it was a survival skill the tom wasn't going to do it. "I'd rather go catch a squirrel, I've done that before you know." The white tom remarked. He still didn't understand why he had to do this. If he really needed it he could do it, but not right now. He could save that for a last resort. "Worth it enough to wear dirt on yourself all the time?" He asked rhetorically flicking his tail. "It may be useful but right know I have no need to mask my scent. we are trying to do battle practice." Frozenpaw added.
"How about this, we do a mock fight. No claws or teeth odiously. Then if I win I don't have to put mud on myself and can request to be made a warrior. Because what point in training if I can beat a warrior? If you win, I'll comply and you'll know what I need to work on." The large tom suggested. This would be a much better way to go. He believed he'd get out of putting mud on himself anyway.

~*~
Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL. View Post
Ugh, thank StarClan there weren't more of these pesky apprentices here. Thistlestep had been doing his best to avoid them, and he thought he pulled it off rather nicely until now. The tabby she-cat was.. not the worse experience with apprentices he had, but he was still frustrated he got assigned to one.

Holding back a sigh he focused his attention on Violetpaw, twitching his ears as she spoke. "We're on the training island, so we're going to be battle training." Obviously. "Here's the deal: I'm going to go into a defensive crouch and I want you to attack me. Your goal is gonna be to knock me over. Understood?"
@Fuzzy [ i quoted you but idk if you saw the notification! ]

Violetpaw's tail lashed at her mentors comment. He said it as if it was so obvious. It was not that obvious. "Well I didn't know, I've never been training. Therefore I wouldn't know if the Training island is used for more then just battle training. I don't see why it couldn't be used to learn hunting crouches." The tabby declared. He was so grumpy. At least he had taken her to train. If he hadn't then she would have just complained to someone, maybe Lionstar.
At the warrior's instructions, which sounded more like a statement, Violetpaw twitched her ears. He expects me to be able to knock him down? Ridicules. The fluffy tabby thought eyeing her mentor. "Okay but you are over twice my size you know. So, I don't see how I'd be strong enough when your crouched. Its not like I could bit your tail to make you stand or anything." Violetpaw pointed out. Maybe she was using to much attitude but Thistlestep was bugging her.

[Sorry for the delay y'all.]

I'm leaving wco once I tie up losse ends around here, I appoligize for the Rps that will have to end but I thank you all for being so wonderful, love y'all
Old December 1st, 2019, 04:47 PM
Wibbly-Wobbly Timey-Wimey

Bump Policy: 4 days :D
My Mood: Pensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Frozenpaw still wasn't having it. Roll in the dirt and mud? Even if it was a survival skill the tom wasn't going to do it. "I'd rather go catch a squirrel, I've done that before you know." The white tom remarked. He still didn't understand why he had to do this. If he really needed it he could do it, but not right now. He could save that for a last resort. "Worth it enough to wear dirt on yourself all the time?" He asked rhetorically flicking his tail. "It may be useful but right know I have no need to mask my scent. we are trying to do battle practice." Frozenpaw added.
"How about this, we do a mock fight. No claws or teeth odiously. Then if I win I don't have to put mud on myself and can request to be made a warrior. Because what point in training if I can beat a warrior? If you win, I'll comply and you'll know what I need to work on." The large tom suggested. This would be a much better way to go. He believed he'd get out of putting mud on himself anyway.

~*~
Dirtfur snorted a hard chuckle at the white furred apprentice's remark. How can a squirrel be caught from a mountain of snow? Shaking his head to clear his thoughts, he opened his maw to answer the question, but the answer was cut by Frozenpaw's admission of the skill, it was followed by a reminder of what the two clanmates are suppose to do. The small warrior -compared to the apprentice's size- was disappointed, but knew that his apprentice was right. Ears pricked when he heard the challenge. Hmm "Very well," agreed the tabby tomcat. A mock fight will be good for an older apprentice who had done nothing for who knows how many moons! Dirtfur could see the confident glints in the white maine coon's icy marbles. "Don't get too cocky." the brown mentor warned to his apprentice.

Char Site updated (10/11/22), added Blazingpaw and Goldenkit!

During most or few roleplays, I will do a flashback that was conjured in my characters' thoughts. Please do not respond to the flashback unless you have the power to read minds or smth.

No no word

Last edited by Dirtfur; December 12th, 2019 at 11:38 PM.
Old December 2nd, 2019, 01:10 PM
the tale of six.

Bump Policy: do not bump.
My Mood: Mysterious

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyapan View Post
Silverpaw was ready for her mentor to strike back, and watched her every move, until Stoatdance stopped and started talking. Silverpaw hesitated for a second, surprised that the training ended so soon, but returned to where she originally sat on the ground. Her chest swelled with pride by the praise and she relaxed.

Thus, the next attack took her totally off-guard. Silverpaw grunted when the blow landed, but she tried her best to retaliate, and twisted as fast as she could with a paw outstretched. Though, she swiped at empty air, as Stoutdance had already gone to her other side. Like silver lightning, she tried to fling herself to her side, but she missed yet again. Stoatdance was moving constantly out of her reach! When Silverpaw noticed Stoutdance moving yet again, she decided to wait a moment until she was in reach. When her mentor approached, Silverpaw kicked out a leg to defend herself, but Stoatdance was already defending her belly, and it resulted with Silverpaw losing her balance instead. Thistles and thorns! she hissed to herself. Although Silverpaw knew a thing or two about fighting, she knew nothing about what to do when you were on the defensive.
She let her tail wave high in the air, her eye bright with excitement, and decided to give a few tips as the mock battle continued. "You're doing great, Silverpaw! Don't rely on only your speed, keep your guard up all around you, even your blind spot! Everycat has one- you just need to know where it is and how to defend it!" Stoatdance purred loudly, observing Silverpaw closely. Her eye darted around the smaller she-cat, planning her next move. "Always try to disorient your opponent, if you confuse them, they won't know what to do next, leaving them vulnerable to attack!" Her ears perked before she jumped to the side, paying close attention to Silverpaw's movements.
Working on her defense will be my first duty. She leaped for the younger she-cat with a mock battle yowl, a large grin on her face. Oh, how she felt alive! She remembered being trained herself, and now she was passing on her own skills! You'll be a wonderful warrior by the end of your training, I'll be sure of it! Stoatdance thought. The brown molly twisted as she jumped towards Silverpaw, lashing out a paw towards her head. "Always protect the eyes, throat, and belly! Those are the key areas that somecat will go for whenever you are locked in battle. If you can't protect those areas, you'll be an easy target." She fell to the ground, rolling away from Silverpaw and quickly jumping to her paws.

the tale of six
has come to an end.

ameko ♥
Old December 2nd, 2019, 04:01 PM
on an indefinite hiatus

My Mood: Psychedelic

Saltpaw leaped his way across the small stream surrounding the training area, landing on the slick pebbles on the other side. His blue eyes were bright as he looked around, purring happily. Although the training area was quite crowded, the young apprentice was still excited to train with his new mentor. He sure hoped that he would get some good training in with Chickadeequip. Like he'd told the older cat earlier on, he didn't want to be stuck an apprentice forever.

@Haunted

Character Site
--
See the bottom of this page here for characters available to RP.
I respond to rps on Tuesdays, Friday mornings, and Sundays.
Old December 3rd, 2019, 11:28 AM
clearing away the dust

My Mood: Tired

Quote:
At the praise Riverpaw wasn't sure how to react. It was the first real praise she'd ever gotten. She had done it right! She actually did it right! That made her happy. Though seeing that her accomplishment made Eagleflight happy too made his praise mean that much more. If this was what training was supposed to be like, Riverpaw liked it.
Okay one more time. Dodge, spin swipe. Dodge, spin swipe. The silver tabby repeated in her head. She wanted to do this right again. If she could she might have a chance at becoming a warrior.
As he leapt Riverpaw dodged to the side. Almost at once, spinning and swiping at her mentor's paw mid motion. Wait. Was that's how it's done? Or was I supposed to wait longer? She wondered right after doing so. Maybe she did it wrong or was it right? She wasn't sure. This was hard.
(I'm just gonna bring this session to a close for now since it's been going on for months)

Eagleflight landed with a thud into the sand beneath him with an oof. This time it took him a second to get up and shake it off. That was so fast!
"Riverpaw, you're a natural!" he assured, brushing dust off from his russet pelt. "I don't know what you're so worried about--you're doing great. Go ahead and take the rest of the day off. We'll try something a little more intensive soon." He flicked his tail against her shoulder pridefully before starting off towards camp.

Character Site - Tracker - Commission Info
Taking time off from work recovering from surgery! Professional artist. If I'm taking too long to respond, please PM me to remind me!
Old December 3rd, 2019, 04:52 PM
Dazzling star dust ✨

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfur View Post
Dirtfur snorted a hard chuckle at the white furred apprentice's remark. How can a squirrel be caught from a mountain of snow? Shaking his head to clear his thoughts, he opened his maw to answer the question, but the answer was cut by Frozenpaw's admission of the skill, it was followed by a reminder of what the two clanmates are suppose to do. The small warrior -compared to the apprentice's size- was disappointed, but knew that his apprentice was right. Ears pricked when he heard the challenge. Hmm "Very well," agreed the tabby tomcat. A mock fight will be good for an older apprentice who had done nothing for who knows how many moons! Dirtfur could see the confident glints in the white maine coon's icy marbles. "Don't get too cocky." the brown mentor warned to his apprentice.

Frozenpaw swerved his ears back as Dirtfur chuckled. I'll show him one day, I'm a better hunter then he thinks. The tom thought. A comment could have been shot back at his laugh but the white apprentice kept his mouth shut as he's already changed the subject. Dirtfur had agreed to do a mock fight with him. He could show off his skills, even if they where rusty. "I'm not cocky." Frozenpaw assured standing up, his thick tail swinging behind him as he did. He didn't know everything but he'd try and use his size to his advantage. Really he just wanted to show he wasn't like some new apprentice. "You say when to go." The large tom meowed his icy blue eyes resting on his mentor. He was ready.
~*~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
(I'm just gonna bring this session to a close for now since it's been going on for months)

Eagleflight landed with a thud into the sand beneath him with an oof. This time it took him a second to get up and shake it off. That was so fast!
"Riverpaw, you're a natural!" he assured, brushing dust off from his russet pelt. "I don't know what you're so worried about--you're doing great. Go ahead and take the rest of the day off. We'll try something a little more intensive soon." He flicked his tail against her shoulder pridefully before starting off towards camp.
(sounds good)

Riverpaw blinked. "I didn't do it to fast? I thought I messed up." She meowed surprised. Maybe it was because she had enough time to get fully grown and watch other cats practice that she was picking this up well. She wouldn't believe she was a natural. The thought of her being a natural at anything was shocking.
"Wait we're done?" The silver tabby asked shacking out her fur. That quick? Was this all training took? Huh it was fun though. "What should I do?" She asked following him out. She was used to not having a mentor but she didn't have many friends and was really board when she wasn't on a hunting trip or something. Riverpaw didn't really have many friends, she was too shy to really hang out with cats and it was kind of weird being a warrior aged apprentice.

I'm leaving wco once I tie up losse ends around here, I appoligize for the Rps that will have to end but I thank you all for being so wonderful, love y'all
Old December 3rd, 2019, 07:26 PM
clearing away the dust

My Mood: Tired

Quote:
[CENTER][FONT="Times New Roman"]
(sounds good)

Riverpaw blinked. "I didn't do it to fast? I thought I messed up." She meowed surprised. Maybe it was because she had enough time to get fully grown and watch other cats practice that she was picking this up well. She wouldn't believe she was a natural. The thought of her being a natural at anything was shocking.
"Wait we're done?" The silver tabby asked shacking out her fur. That quick? Was this all training took? Huh it was fun though. "What should I do?" She asked following him out. She was used to not having a mentor but she didn't have many friends and was really board when she wasn't on a hunting trip or something. Riverpaw didn't really have many friends, she was too shy to really hang out with cats and it was kind of weird being a warrior aged apprentice.
"No, your timing was perfect," Eagleflight grinned. When she asked him what she should do, he was perplexed. "Um, you can go relax and get some fresh kill, or you have my permission to go out hunting, if you'd like." He decided he'd give her some extra freedom. She was so much older than the other apprentices, and it wasn't her fault. He wasn't going to treat her like she was still fresh out of the nursery. "You may be an apprentice by name, but I know that you're old enough to look after yourself," he chided with a smile.

Character Site - Tracker - Commission Info
Taking time off from work recovering from surgery! Professional artist. If I'm taking too long to respond, please PM me to remind me!
Old December 3rd, 2019, 11:52 PM
~Fae of the forest~

My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by hxneysuckle View Post
She let her tail wave high in the air, her eye bright with excitement, and decided to give a few tips as the mock battle continued. "You're doing great, Silverpaw! Don't rely on only your speed, keep your guard up all around you, even your blind spot! Everycat has one- you just need to know where it is and how to defend it!" Stoatdance purred loudly, observing Silverpaw closely. Her eye darted around the smaller she-cat, planning her next move. "Always try to disorient your opponent, if you confuse them, they won't know what to do next, leaving them vulnerable to attack!" Her ears perked before she jumped to the side, paying close attention to Silverpaw's movements.
Working on her defense will be my first duty. She leaped for the younger she-cat with a mock battle yowl, a large grin on her face. Oh, how she felt alive! She remembered being trained herself, and now she was passing on her own skills! You'll be a wonderful warrior by the end of your training, I'll be sure of it! Stoatdance thought. The brown molly twisted as she jumped towards Silverpaw, lashing out a paw towards her head. "Always protect the eyes, throat, and belly! Those are the key areas that somecat will go for whenever you are locked in battle. If you can't protect those areas, you'll be an easy target." She fell to the ground, rolling away from Silverpaw and quickly jumping to her paws.

Silverpaw purred at the praise, but tried to not let it distract her. Instead, she wanted to take the advice to heart. I am keeping my guard up, but how should I know which blind spot that will be targeted? It could be either way! She really just wanted to stick to offensive moves, if it was her decision. Confuse them? She watched her mentor jump to the side, and remembered that she'd been moving around all battle. I've always kept the mindset that attack is the best defence, but this might just work. Instead of waiting to see where the next attack would come, she rolled away as soon as she saw Stoatdance move towards her. The attack came a split second later, hitting only the air next to her. "Yes!" she rejoced.Dodging counts as defending, right? Either way, she listened to the advice. When she tried to leap forward, her mentor was already rolling away, too. If I always dogde, I won't be able to attack.

Although, since Stoatdance had rolled away too, they were on even grounds now. After a recovering breath, Silverpaw hurled herself forward, then went to her mentor's right. She tried to stretch out a paw and run it across her side, simulating claws.

Please click my eggs!

Old December 4th, 2019, 01:25 AM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Quote:

Violetpaw's tail lashed at her mentors comment. He said it as if it was so obvious. It was not that obvious. "Well I didn't know, I've never been training. Therefore I wouldn't know if the Training island is used for more then just battle training. I don't see why it couldn't be used to learn hunting crouches." The tabby declared. He was so grumpy. At least he had taken her to train. If he hadn't then she would have just complained to someone, maybe Lionstar.
At the warrior's instructions, which sounded more like a statement, Violetpaw twitched her ears. He expects me to be able to knock him down? Ridicules. The fluffy tabby thought eyeing her mentor. "Okay but you are over twice my size you know. So, I don't see how I'd be strong enough when your crouched. Its not like I could bit your tail to make you stand or anything." Violetpaw pointed out. Maybe she was using to much attitude but Thistlestep was bugging her.

[Sorry for the delay y'all.]
"Have you tried using your eyes?" he asked her dryly, twitching his ears with annoyance. "There are other cats here practicing their battle moves." If Violetpaw was too blind to notice, maybe she wasn't cut out to be a warrior and he could send her off to play with the elders. Stars knew he didn't have the patience for this oversized kitten. "If you want to try to bite my tail, you're free to-- but you can't complain if you get kicked in the face. Now let's get this over with."

Thistlestep crouched down, muscles relaxed as he watched his apprentice through half-lidded eyes. Despite his calm posture, his mind was alert-- prepared to retaliate to her attacks. @Fuzzy

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules

Last edited by BEAR.; December 14th, 2019 at 12:04 AM.
Old December 4th, 2019, 11:28 AM
the tale of six.

Bump Policy: do not bump.
My Mood: Mysterious

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyapan View Post
Silverpaw purred at the praise, but tried to not let it distract her. Instead, she wanted to take the advice to heart. I am keeping my guard up, but how should I know which blind spot that will be targeted? It could be either way! She really just wanted to stick to offensive moves, if it was her decision. Confuse them? She watched her mentor jump to the side, and remembered that she'd been moving around all battle. I've always kept the mindset that attack is the best defence, but this might just work. Instead of waiting to see where the next attack would come, she rolled away as soon as she saw Stoatdance move towards her. The attack came a split second later, hitting only the air next to her. "Yes!" she rejoiced.Dodging counts as defending, right? Either way, she listened to the advice. When she tried to leap forward, her mentor was already rolling away, too. If I always dodge, I won't be able to attack.

Although, since Stoatdance had rolled away too, they were on even grounds now. After a recovering breath, Silverpaw hurled herself forward, then went to her mentor's right. She tried to stretch out a paw and run it across her side, simulating claws.
Stoatdance felt pride well up in her chest as Silverpaw heeded her advice. A quick learner, she noted. Her toes flexed, brain quickly formulating an attack, but before she could take action, her apprentice's paw was already sliding across her side. She stopped, then decided to put a little fun into the training.
She dramatically rolled to the ground, splaying out as though she had been knocked over. "Oh, dear StarClan, you've hit me, you've hit me!" Stoatdance cried, laughter apparent in her voice, "I see the stars around me! Oh, how the life is draining from my body! StarClan is engulfing me! You've killed me! You've killed me!" She looked at Silverpaw with amusement in her eye, hoping the younger she-cat found her joke funny. Her ears flicked and she smiled, rolling on her side and looking at Silverpaw. "You've done wonderfully today. That'll be all for the battle. Would you like to hunt before we go back to camp?" Her head tilted to the side in question, paws kneading the ground comfortably.

the tale of six
has come to an end.

ameko ♥