Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Off-Topic (OOC) > Visual Arts

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Spring Egg Hunt 2024
Last post by chickadee
Today 05:13 PM
RiverClan New Character...
Last post by blxze.
Today 05:03 PM
|`Ollie's Territory`|...
Last post by *_Athena_*
Today 04:58 PM
Q & A! (With my...
Last post by *_Athena_*
Today 04:55 PM

Old December 3rd, 2017, 06:39 PM
✶Random Melody's Opal✶

My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Dysfunctional Society {Interactive Story}

We need at least one more vote (two if Option 1 is chosen)

♡♡♡
But now I know, without a doubt...
The luckiest day of my life was the day I met you~

♡♡♡
Old December 4th, 2017, 07:19 AM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) -- 24 hours (1 day) if time-sensitive

Hmmm... 2!

there's courage in being terrified, but still going forward.

about me // character site [wip]
Old December 4th, 2017, 09:10 AM
✶Random Melody's Opal✶

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okapi View Post
Option 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasukewolf (madness) View Post
2!! You know I’m a romantic!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura View Post
Hmmm... 2!
You step outside into the sunshine and look around the city. There were a few places you could think of that would be the Westernmost point they were talking about, but obscure enough to not be easily recognizable. Your sister points to a map, where three locations have been marked. "I've picked out the most likely places the person will be at. Where do you want to go?"

{Location 2- The Sunset Dock has been chosen!]

Your score has changed:
Normalcy: 1
Romance: 2
Adventure: 1

Previously on Dysfunctional Society

Every day seemed to be the same. In the morning, you and your family would wake up at exactly seven A.M., alongside everyone else in your timezone. There was no 'five more minutes' of sleep, or getting up too early; it was 7:00 sharp. You all would shuffle down the wooden stairs, decorated according the the housing guidelines, and into your perfectly cleaned living room with the same mass-produced glass table that everybody had, with the same sturdy brown couches with soft cushions and a white cloth draped half-haphazardly across the back (which your mother would fix upon seeing), and a television set into the wall that would play the same program every day. It was a boring, but fulfilling life that you and your family lived in.

That morning seemed a little different, however. You awoke tense and unsure, knowing that something terrible would be broadcast on the television when you shuffled in and sat on the couch to view the daily announcements read by the Supreme Ruler, Julius Averson. Your stomach twisted itself into knots as you looked into the bathroom mirror, brushing your teeth and combing your rich, black hair. A concerned knock at the bathroom door came from your mother. "Alex," Her voice carried through the thin wooden walls. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah." You managed, pasting a smile on your face and opening the door. "Just getting ready for the day, Mom." You brushed off some toothpaste from the corner of your mouth, the minty blue smeared on your pure white cotton pajama shirt. Your mother replied with a smile, placing a hand on your shoulder and guiding you out of the bathroom without hesitation. You winced at her cold touch, but relaxed as you stepped onto the carpet and walked down the stairs. The house was silent, filled with tension; the others, who would usually be chatting on the couch, were dead silent, waiting for the screen to flicker on. You took your seat beside your sister, the two of you wordlessly interlacing your fingers together. You two were closer than most siblings, which relieved your parents. You looked almost exactly alike, yet the girl beside you was only seven and you were approaching your eighteenth birthday. Sarah shifted in her seat, scooting closer to you.

"Something doesn't feel right." She whispered, just barely low enough to not be heard by your parents. "You feel it too, right?" You hesitated, before answering. "Yeah." You didn't feel like talking at the moment, your heart squeezing up with worry as you glanced to the television. The light flickered on, and the familiar face of the Supreme Leader was... Gone. Replaced by an unfamiliar face, a woman with harsh features and strikingly blonde hair. "Before your morning announcements, the Rebellion has a message." The woman smiled thinly, much like an alligator's smile before they bit into their prey. "Our world is an awful place to live in. There is no freedom, no individuality..." While your mother and father covered their ears, closed their eyes, and repeated a mantra that citizens were meant to utter once words of rebellion were spoken - hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil - you and your sister listened in with interest and eyes filled with wonder. "This is a recruiting call. We aim to change the world by bringing down the Government and returning the lands to their former glory. We only need your help. In every city there is one person waiting for you. They may be a beggar, asking for spare change. They may be a family member, or a friend. All you need to do to find them is look for the Westernmost Point." She smiled. "What that means is up to your interpretation." She held up a hand in a gesture that your sister copied curiously, before the screen flickered to the regular announcements, which had gone on the entire time without pause. Your sister glanced at you, and you returned her look.

Without speaking, the both of you knew that you would have to join. Your sister probably saw something you didn't, but you just wanted to get involved in something that could possibly change the world, and hopefully for the better. After the announcements had finished, without a word about the strange message the Rebellion had broadcasted, you and your family got up and slowly headed to the kitchen, each of you processing the events of the morning in your own ways. You took a seat at the table, next to your mother and across from your father with Sarah sitting beside you. You didn't want to say anything at that moment, fiddling with your fork as your mother began preparing breakfast. "I don't want you two getting any ideas." Your father spoke up, nervousness clear in his usually steady and stern voice. "It would put you in danger, and bring shame to our family." He shifted, glancing over to your mother hoping that she would continue the conversation. After all, your mother was better at lectures than your father, who was much meeker and quieter. Your mother simply nodded in agreement, not making any sound. There was a tension in the air as she brought over the pancakes, which had a light red powder sprinkled over the whipped cream. You and your sister glanced over to the side to see the Bottle, a government-issued pill designed to wipe memories from the last hour. Dread settled over you as you looked down at your pancakes, then over at your mother and father who had already began eating. Their eyes were glazed over, their movements mechanical. Without even thinking, you and your sister got up and threw the pancakes away while your parents were in the strange comotose state, unwilling to forget about anything. You sat down and made it look like you had just finished your meal, pouring the milk out just in case your mother had spiked it too. "Mom, Dad, we're finished." You said, and that was enough to snap them out of the state they were in. They blinked at you, confusion clouding their gaze for a moment before your mother glanced at the counter. "Alright." She said, looking back down at her food which was gone as well. "Go out and play with your friends or something. It's a nice day." Her voice was slightly monotone as she picked up the plates and glasses to be put in the dishwasher.

You and your sister ran up the stairs and ducked into your rooms to get dressed. The both of you felt that the Sunset Dock would be the best place to search for the Rebel, and thus you were getting dressed as if you were going out to the beach. However, instead of throwing swim-trunks and sun-lotion into your respective duffle-bags, you threw in a couple changes of clothes, a couple of books for entertainment value, and made sure to search everything thoroughly for any hidden wires or cameras before tossing in your *journal. Your sister tended to tease you about the book, calling it a 'diary'- but it wasn't. It was an important way of documenting your life, not a frivolous notebook filled with doodles and notes about school drama or your crush. After throwing in a couple of good pens, you covered your stuff snugly with a towel and tossed some sun lotion on top, just in case you were subject to a search at the beach entrance. You walked out in your sneakers, waiting for your sister to emerge- and she did. "Ready?" You asked, and she nodded. The both of you stomped down the stairs as if you were excited for a day at the beach, shouting goodbyes to your parents before sprinting out of the house and down the sidewalk. You passed by identical houses, each one the same size no matter the owner's social ranking. "So," Your sister started, slipping her small hand into yours. "If the... person isn't there, what do we do?" You hesitated, thinking it over. "Well, I suppose we enjoy a day at the beach." You answered, hoping that would satisfy her. You would definitely be disappointed, though. "That's a pretty dumb exchange." Your sister muttered, kicking a stray stone. "A chance for adventure or a day at the beach?" Your seven-year-old sibling was frighteningly intelligent for her age, which would score her a good job in the government in the future- but she wasn't interested in it in the slightest. "Well, when you put it that way..." You muttered, turning right at the corner.

Time for your first situational choice! Depending on the selection you make, you'll either increase your good relationship with a person, make no difference, or decrease your good relationship. Your relationship with a person will make a huge impact on future situations, so choose wisely! This does affect your story but does not affect your Traits. This time around, I'll make sure to label which choice will do what, but in the future, I won't.

Option 1: "You make me feel stupid." (+0 with Sarah)
Option 2: "You sound pessimistic." (-1 with Sarah)
Option 3: "It sounds like we better find that guy." (+1 with Sarah)

♡♡♡
But now I know, without a doubt...
The luckiest day of my life was the day I met you~

♡♡♡
Old December 4th, 2017, 09:14 AM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Option 3...duh another positive point.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old December 4th, 2017, 09:14 AM
The Madness King

3!
Old December 4th, 2017, 03:26 PM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) -- 24 hours (1 day) if time-sensitive

3!

there's courage in being terrified, but still going forward.

about me // character site [wip]
Old December 8th, 2017, 08:41 PM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

@Rubinaito

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here

Last edited by Mango; December 8th, 2017 at 08:42 PM.