Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
as strong as rushing...
by iliri
Last post by chickadee
Today 05:40 PM
purrk question
by iliri
Last post by panchiko
Today 05:38 PM
ShadowClan Apprentices' Den
by BEAR.
Last post by furrensic
Today 05:32 PM
Hello, I'm SkyFlame!
Last post by Neptune.
Today 05:22 PM
ThunderClan Nursery
by dino.
Last post by BEAR.
Today 05:16 PM

Old March 25th, 2017, 01:50 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

Default Re: Calia's Garden [Private]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post

Obsidian looked at her questioningly when she smiled; what was she so happy about? Almost instinctively, his mind turned to suspicions...what did she want? What was she thinking? Did she think he was weird, or different? And what about her seeming so cheerful all the time? No one was that cheerful all the time! Except for her, he thought, partly admiringly and partly scornfully. The truth was, although it seemed crazy, Obsidian was somewhat jealous of Calia. She seemed to be such a great cat. And she had the type of life that she had spent constantly helping others...one of those cats who did nothing but smile and help, and be someone who could light up all her territory with a single smile. Just because she was so bright spirited. And then part of them was angry with himself, because all she wanted to do was help and all Obsidian knew how to do was hurt her, even though he wasn't meaning to. But it was too late-- he was way, way too far gone.

He couldn't be the type of cat that he was quickly beginning to think of as a 'Calia cat.' The least he could do was show her some respect on her territory, with her offering to help him. Right? "She's like a little ray of sunshine," The tom muttered to himself. It was the truth...the ginger female reminded him of a ray of sunshine... warm, bright, and it helped everyone-- even when they didn't know it. That only made the tom feel worse. Not only was he being helped by a cat whom he would probably forget all about as soon as he made his way on, but she was doing more then she needed to. All he needed was her permission to stay here, but she was offering him food, shelter, and even to check him for wounds. And although Obsidian wasn't hurt, if he had been, he probably wouldn't have let her-- which again, didn't make him feel any better. The tom cast her a curious glance as she bounded down beside the bridge instead of over it, but he followed anyways.

Who was he to question...whatever she was doing? She certainly must know what she was doing. Right? There was no way that she didn't. A cat who had been around for as long as she had...well, in this territory, at least. Calia looked to be about Obsidian's age, and Obsidian wasn't too old...perhaps a little older or younger then her, he wasn't sure. He glanced with disgust at the ratty-looking nest...though he tried to hide it, not wanting the she cat to feel bad. Obviously she had done the best she could to make this place comfortable. But then as she began to speak, his ears pricked up and he looked at her. When we're done? He thought, although he hid his amazement. What did she mean 'done?' What was she going to do to it-- or they, rather, since she had used the plural inferring that both she and Obsidian would be working on this nest. Though he wasn't normally polite, and didn't usualy keep his maw shut, the black tom did both this time.

Perhaps he felt he owed her more respect. When she mentioned the part about the water, the tom's hues grew wide. "That's amazing, sunshine!" He mewed, and then quickly clamped his maw shut. He hadn't meant to say anything. But he had already begun thinking of her like a little ray of sunshine, and the word had just sort of...slipped out, so to speak. Why hadn't he kept his maw shut? Obsidian felt so embarrassed he wished the ice would break now so he could jump in and never be seen-- or heard from-- again. "Sorry. I didn't mean to...I mean, you aren't...I wasn't..." He mewed, unable to finish his sentences. He wondered how come he had all of a sudden called her that. Perhaps she just had looked like a little ray of sunshine... he wished there was some explanation for it that didn't involve his stupidity, but just his luck-- there wasn't one. "That's fine." He mewed in a low voice, lowering his head as he followed after her, his ears pinned backwards.

He gave a simple nod to her question about the leaves, and sullenly began to gnaw at the stalks of the plants she had aforementioned. It seemed as though Obsidian was going back into his glum, guarded state...something that he knew he would probably regret later, but it was a natural response to anything that might happen to hurt him emotionally. If he allowed himself to attach himself to her with anything-- even as simple as a nickname-- he might find himself growing to actually like her. And then she would be the one to leave. No one wanted to stay with a cat like him. Something that he had learned long, long ago and something that he would continuously remember throughout his life was that until a cat proved they could be trusted-- through actions, not words-- until he truly came to believe them, trust them...he wouldn't let them close to him. He gathered up a mouthful of the plants, carrying them back towards the nest and shooting a pained look at the ginger feline. Though why, she wouldn't get to know...unfortunately.
Calia hadn't reacted on Obsidian's slip of a nickname just moments before. He seemed embarrassed by it, though she honestly thought it was one of the most adorable things she'd ever experienced. She didn't want to further humiliate him by responding on it, so she let it slip, but sunshine repeatedly passed through her simple mind. She'd never had a nickname, and it brought curiosity to her as a stranger-as-of-an-hour-before would be the one to give it to her. Of course, she wasn't complaining, but Obsidian, reserved and cool? Don't put too much thought into it, it was a one-time thing.

With a mouthful of plant stalks, Calia guided the way back to the nests below the bridge. Carefully, she set the stalks down beside the nest that was in need of improvement. She figured Obsidian would set his own stalks down with hers. ``Thank you, for helping, I mean,`` Calia meowed, flashing him a grateful smile. And then she got to work, clearing the area of its sad excuse of a nest and replacing it with fresh plants. She wove the stalks around, her nose crinkled in deep concentration. And then she remembered - Obsidian, and she opened her mouth to speak. ``If you don't mind me asking... which way are you heading? A majority of those who stay with me head towards the Clans. Those Clan cats are rather famous, if you ask me,`` She laughed gently, her paws moving quickly as she continued to build the nest.
Old March 26th, 2017, 12:55 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post
Calia hadn't reacted on Obsidian's slip of a nickname just moments before. He seemed embarrassed by it, though she honestly thought it was one of the most adorable things she'd ever experienced. She didn't want to further humiliate him by responding on it, so she let it slip, but sunshine repeatedly passed through her simple mind. She'd never had a nickname, and it brought curiosity to her as a stranger-as-of-an-hour-before would be the one to give it to her. Of course, she wasn't complaining, but Obsidian, reserved and cool? Don't put too much thought into it, it was a one-time thing.

With a mouthful of plant stalks, Calia guided the way back to the nests below the bridge. Carefully, she set the stalks down beside the nest that was in need of improvement. She figured Obsidian would set his own stalks down with hers. ``Thank you, for helping, I mean,`` Calia meowed, flashing him a grateful smile. And then she got to work, clearing the area of its sad excuse of a nest and replacing it with fresh plants. She wove the stalks around, her nose crinkled in deep concentration. And then she remembered - Obsidian, and she opened her mouth to speak. ``If you don't mind me asking... which way are you heading? A majority of those who stay with me head towards the Clans. Those Clan cats are rather famous, if you ask me,`` She laughed gently, her paws moving quickly as she continued to build the nest.

The black tom was still embarassed about having given the ginger female a nickname. How had that even come into his head, anyways? Sunshine? He thought, looking as though he were about to scoff at the very fact that he had ever called the she cat 'sunshine.' And yet there was warmth, too...she hadn't really minded. Not as far as he could tell. Maybe Calia hadn't even heard, at least he hoped so-- if that were true, then there was nothing to worry about. Cautiously, as though he were walking on something delicate that he didn't want to break like eggshells or leaves. The tom unsheathed his claws and dug them into the ground, half-stretching them as he did so and enjoying the feel of the dirt under his claws. After all, this was something that he had rarely gotten to experience in what he called his 'house of horrors.' It really had been an awful place. And his brother? Such a stuck up jerk, and yet he acted as though he were a gift to every cat around him.

The thought was almost laughable, except it really wasn't. Since that same cat had made his life absolutely and positively miserable for moons. Slowly, Obsidian set his own stalks down beside hers, moving away as though she were a dangerous animal about to sting him and then settling down again. Her voice brought him out of his past and he lifted his head, looking at her and managing to smile a little. It didn't look very real, or as though he meant the words he was speaking, but at least it was there. "You're welcome. I mean...I thought I might as well." He shrugged a little like it was no big deal. And to him, it wasn't. There just wasn't a big deal when it came to helping. "Yeah, well, a Clan's not for me. Seems like they're pretty strict. I'm heading for a place called the Dusk Syndicate-- you might have heard of it but, then again, you might not have. Guess it depends." He half-shrugged, before turning his attention away from her. For whatever reason, he was scared that if he looked at her too long-- she might cast some sort of spell on him. It was an irrational fear, but it was there all the same.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old March 31st, 2017, 10:05 PM
i love sussy the bestest

Quote:
[/CENTER]
The black tom was still embarassed about having given the ginger female a nickname. How had that even come into his head, anyways? Sunshine? He thought, looking as though he were about to scoff at the very fact that he had ever called the she cat 'sunshine.' And yet there was warmth, too...she hadn't really minded. Not as far as he could tell. Maybe Calia hadn't even heard, at least he hoped so-- if that were true, then there was nothing to worry about. Cautiously, as though he were walking on something delicate that he didn't want to break like eggshells or leaves. The tom unsheathed his claws and dug them into the ground, half-stretching them as he did so and enjoying the feel of the dirt under his claws. After all, this was something that he had rarely gotten to experience in what he called his 'house of horrors.' It really had been an awful place. And his brother? Such a stuck up jerk, and yet he acted as though he were a gift to every cat around him.

The thought was almost laughable, except it really wasn't. Since that same cat had made his life absolutely and positively miserable for moons. Slowly, Obsidian set his own stalks down beside hers, moving away as though she were a dangerous animal about to sting him and then settling down again. Her voice brought him out of his past and he lifted his head, looking at her and managing to smile a little. It didn't look very real, or as though he meant the words he was speaking, but at least it was there. "You're welcome. I mean...I thought I might as well." He shrugged a little like it was no big deal. And to him, it wasn't. There just wasn't a big deal when it came to helping. "Yeah, well, a Clan's not for me. Seems like they're pretty strict. I'm heading for a place called the Dusk Syndicate-- you might have heard of it but, then again, you might not have. Guess it depends." He half-shrugged, before turning his attention away from her. For whatever reason, he was scared that if he looked at her too long-- she might cast some sort of spell on him. It was an irrational fear, but it was there all the same.
Calia's head shot up at the mention of the Dusk Syndicate, and the nest was quickly forgotten. When the ShadowClan patrol holed up with her in her previous home, a garden, they had told her all about the Syndicate. According to them, the Syndicate was a group of heartless felines that preferred fighting to peace. Though she hadn't met a Syndicate cat personally, she was afraid of them. They sounded so dangerous and cruel...

Dangerous and cruel. Oh, Obsidian cannot go there! Of course, her first instinct was to prevent her guest from heading for the Syndicate. After all, she was a caretaker. She wished harm upon nobody - not even the Dusk Syndicate members. She faced Obsidian with widened eyes, and her posture was rigid; in general, she indicated fear. ``Obsidian!`` She gasped, ``do not go there, please! When a Clan patrol stayed with me... they told me about the Dusk Syndicate! Oh, it's an awful place! Don't go!``

A Clan's not for me, Obsidian's words repeated within Calia's mind. The Clans would be better for him compared to the Syndicate. ``I know where you can go. The Clan patrol belonged to ShadowClan. In fact, their leader - er, Halestorm, was in that patrol. Why don't you see her? Tell her I sent you? She'll welcome you, I assure you! The Clans aren't as strict at the Syndicate - just please don't go to the Syndicate!`` She was begging at this point, the tensity of her muscles slacking as she spoke.

Figuring he would better speak to her when there was no eye-contact, Calia resorted to binding the plants together once more. She had about a quarter of the nest finished, and at her speed, it may as well be finished in the blink of an eye. The pile of plant stalks was falling in size as she scooped up a few plants at a time, wound them together within a few moments, and then bound them to the nest. Though she attempted to place a majority of her attention on binding the stalks, her mind was elsewhere. She just couldn't let Obsidian join the Dusk Syndicate!
Old April 1st, 2017, 07:11 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
Calia's head shot up at the mention of the Dusk Syndicate, and the nest was quickly forgotten. When the ShadowClan patrol holed up with her in her previous home, a garden, they had told her all about the Syndicate. According to them, the Syndicate was a group of heartless felines that preferred fighting to peace. Though she hadn't met a Syndicate cat personally, she was afraid of them. They sounded so dangerous and cruel...

Dangerous and cruel. Oh, Obsidian cannot go there! Of course, her first instinct was to prevent her guest from heading for the Syndicate. After all, she was a caretaker. She wished harm upon nobody - not even the Dusk Syndicate members. She faced Obsidian with widened eyes, and her posture was rigid; in general, she indicated fear. ``Obsidian!`` She gasped, ``do not go there, please! When a Clan patrol stayed with me... they told me about the Dusk Syndicate! Oh, it's an awful place! Don't go!``

A Clan's not for me, Obsidian's words repeated within Calia's mind. The Clans would be better for him compared to the Syndicate. ``I know where you can go. The Clan patrol belonged to ShadowClan. In fact, their leader - er, Halestorm, was in that patrol. Why don't you see her? Tell her I sent you? She'll welcome you, I assure you! The Clans aren't as strict at the Syndicate - just please don't go to the Syndicate!`` She was begging at this point, the tensity of her muscles slacking as she spoke.

Figuring he would better speak to her when there was no eye-contact, Calia resorted to binding the plants together once more. She had about a quarter of the nest finished, and at her speed, it may as well be finished in the blink of an eye. The pile of plant stalks was falling in size as she scooped up a few plants at a time, wound them together within a few moments, and then bound them to the nest. Though she attempted to place a majority of her attention on binding the stalks, her mind was elsewhere. She just couldn't let Obsidian join the Dusk Syndicate!

For a moment, the black tom was stunned. She looked terrified at the mere mention of the Syndicate. They couldn't be that awful. He thought, the tip of his tail twitching. Apparently she had heard some pretty terrible things about them. His hues softened and he looked away from her-- anywhere but at her frantic expression. She seemed desperate to get him to stay away from the Syndicate. They aren't that bad. He told himself again, shaking his head slightly as he watched her. But Calia continued to speak about the Syndicate. She mentioned something about a 'Halestorm--' what kind of a name was that?-- and then appeared to be begging him not to go. There has to be some reason-- something personal, maybe? No one's this determined to keep a stranger away from a place unless they know by personal experience that it's really that bad. He thought.

This was really what the tom thought. Why would anyone, for any reason want to be stop a stranger unless they walked towards certain death? The Clans weren't for him. He knew they had strange names like Hale...storm? What-- it didn't matter. He wasn't going to the Clans, and that was perfectly final in his mind. "Look. You seem like a decent cat. I don't think you'd try and intentionally do me harm. But the Clans are not a place where I'm interested in going. They don't sound like they would be a place where a cat like me would fit in. As long as I can win their approval? The Syndicate'll take me. Trust isn't too important there, not from what I've heard. There's always fighting going on. Killing, sometimes." His expression darkened. It was obvious that this much, at least, was not too appealing to the dark furred tom.

"I appreciate your concern. But it's my decision to make."
His voice once again became colder, and he looked away from her, back down at his paws. It was his decision! He didn't care whether she wanted him to stay, or leave, or go to the Clans or Syndicate or even to another twoleg nest-- it wasn't her decision. Well, technically the whole thing about leaving was. But she couldn't say whether he had to stay or go to a certain place. She could use force-- but he might be able to get away anyways.

She couldn't tell him what to do. And, while Obsidian found her concern interesting at least; a break from the cats he'd grown up around; he was more interested in keeping his options open. "I'm not even sure if I'll join yet. I'm just going there to check it out. To see if it's the type of place I want to live the rest of my life in." He told her, as though he thought by mentioning this he could make things better somehow. It was an awkward statement to make-- at least at the moment-- but he felt as though he should say something to lighten the situation a little more. Just the slightest bit. He wanted to assure her it was going to be fine-- but she was a stranger. And that was an unnecessary thing to do, therefore he would keep it out of their interactions until he was ready to go.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old April 1st, 2017, 09:15 PM
i love sussy the bestest

Quote:

For a moment, the black tom was stunned. She looked terrified at the mere mention of the Syndicate. They couldn't be that awful. He thought, the tip of his tail twitching. Apparently she had heard some pretty terrible things about them. His hues softened and he looked away from her-- anywhere but at her frantic expression. She seemed desperate to get him to stay away from the Syndicate. They aren't that bad. He told himself again, shaking his head slightly as he watched her. But Calia continued to speak about the Syndicate. She mentioned something about a 'Halestorm--' what kind of a name was that?-- and then appeared to be begging him not to go. There has to be some reason-- something personal, maybe? No one's this determined to keep a stranger away from a place unless they know by personal experience that it's really that bad. He thought.

This was really what the tom thought. Why would anyone, for any reason want to be stop a stranger unless they walked towards certain death? The Clans weren't for him. He knew they had strange names like Hale...storm? What-- it didn't matter. He wasn't going to the Clans, and that was perfectly final in his mind. "Look. You seem like a decent cat. I don't think you'd try and intentionally do me harm. But the Clans are not a place where I'm interested in going. They don't sound like they would be a place where a cat like me would fit in. As long as I can win their approval? The Syndicate'll take me. Trust isn't too important there, not from what I've heard. There's always fighting going on. Killing, sometimes." His expression darkened. It was obvious that this much, at least, was not too appealing to the dark furred tom.

"I appreciate your concern. But it's my decision to make."
His voice once again became colder, and he looked away from her, back down at his paws. It was his decision! He didn't care whether she wanted him to stay, or leave, or go to the Clans or Syndicate or even to another twoleg nest-- it wasn't her decision. Well, technically the whole thing about leaving was. But she couldn't say whether he had to stay or go to a certain place. She could use force-- but he might be able to get away anyways.

She couldn't tell him what to do. And, while Obsidian found her concern interesting at least; a break from the cats he'd grown up around; he was more interested in keeping his options open. "I'm not even sure if I'll join yet. I'm just going there to check it out. To see if it's the type of place I want to live the rest of my life in." He told her, as though he thought by mentioning this he could make things better somehow. It was an awkward statement to make-- at least at the moment-- but he felt as though he should say something to lighten the situation a little more. Just the slightest bit. He wanted to assure her it was going to be fine-- but she was a stranger. And that was an unnecessary thing to do, therefore he would keep it out of their interactions until he was ready to go.
Calia couldn't help but flinch at his cold tone. He had been so cheerful just a moment before... She had caused him negativity; his change of attitude was on her - what right did she have to warn him to `chill`? She could only nod in response. She didn't know what could make him blow, and she wasn't yet ready to experience the mysterious, dark-pelted tomcat's temper. From there on out, she came to the conclusion that she'd best step carefully around Obsidian. He was still a stranger to her however much she may not see him as one. She didn't know him, just as he didn't know her. Calia could learn a thing or two from him, starting with how to act around strangers.

See, at first sight Calia tends to see the good in others. For example, in Obsidian, she saw a young traveler just trying to live life. She didn't see a troubling past behind his eyes, or a caged heart in his chest. Now, though... she still didn't see anything bad in him. He was young and confused, and simply did not know what to do. So she helped him. After all... she was a caretaker.

She wound the final stalks into the nest, and she then stepped back to observe her work. A proud smile could be found on Calia's face as she looked at the fresh nest. ``There we go! All done! Feel free to try it out - there really isn't much to do anyway,`` She chirped cheerfully, happy she succeeded in finishing the nest. Calia then scooped up the remaining stalks and trotted over to her own nest with them. She dropped them by her bed, sat down, and began to freshen up her own nest. She hadn't changed her nest in quite some time; it was getting quite ratty.

Then her mind, after the brief distraction caused by the nest, drifted back to their previous topic. Obsidian was clearly determined to visit the Dusk Syndicate no matter what she said. She discovered he was a rather stubborn tomcat which she swiftly accepted. However, worry continued to nip at her paws, creating a nervous fidget. How would she live with herself, knowing she let an innocent tomcat join the Dusk Syndicate, possibly leading to his death? He himself claimed that killing took place in the Syndicate, and what if he were to become a victim to some murderers' evil scheme? She tensed at the thought, her claws that bound the stalks together getting tangled as she let herself lose focus. With a huff of annoyance, Calia narrowed her eyes and tore her unsheathed claws from the bundle. She got to work once more.

``Just be careful,`` Calia breathed softly, almost to herself. She didn't want Obsidian to die. She probably would never see him again, not if he died nor lived, and she most likely wouldn't even know if he died or not... but, still, it was in her nature to care and worry. Her tail-tip flicked anxiously for her guest. She still didn't look at him, acknowledging the fact that nervous cats became even much more anxious beneath watching eyes.

She cleared her throat, and picked up on a new topic. She didn't see their current conversation going anywhere good, actually. ``Do you have any family? I mean - don't feel like you need to answer that. Just, I guess... trying to start conversation... Hey, know what? Here's an easier question. What's your favorite prey?`` Calia's tone was brighter now as she rambled.
Old April 4th, 2017, 05:30 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
Calia couldn't help but flinch at his cold tone. He had been so cheerful just a moment before... She had caused him negativity; his change of attitude was on her - what right did she have to warn him to `chill`? She could only nod in response. She didn't know what could make him blow, and she wasn't yet ready to experience the mysterious, dark-pelted tomcat's temper. From there on out, she came to the conclusion that she'd best step carefully around Obsidian. He was still a stranger to her however much she may not see him as one. She didn't know him, just as he didn't know her. Calia could learn a thing or two from him, starting with how to act around strangers.

See, at first sight Calia tends to see the good in others. For example, in Obsidian, she saw a young traveler just trying to live life. She didn't see a troubling past behind his eyes, or a caged heart in his chest. Now, though... she still didn't see anything bad in him. He was young and confused, and simply did not know what to do. So she helped him. After all... she was a caretaker.

She wound the final stalks into the nest, and she then stepped back to observe her work. A proud smile could be found on Calia's face as she looked at the fresh nest. ``There we go! All done! Feel free to try it out - there really isn't much to do anyway,`` She chirped cheerfully, happy she succeeded in finishing the nest. Calia then scooped up the remaining stalks and trotted over to her own nest with them. She dropped them by her bed, sat down, and began to freshen up her own nest. She hadn't changed her nest in quite some time; it was getting quite ratty.

Then her mind, after the brief distraction caused by the nest, drifted back to their previous topic. Obsidian was clearly determined to visit the Dusk Syndicate no matter what she said. She discovered he was a rather stubborn tomcat which she swiftly accepted. However, worry continued to nip at her paws, creating a nervous fidget. How would she live with herself, knowing she let an innocent tomcat join the Dusk Syndicate, possibly leading to his death? He himself claimed that killing took place in the Syndicate, and what if he were to become a victim to some murderers' evil scheme? She tensed at the thought, her claws that bound the stalks together getting tangled as she let herself lose focus. With a huff of annoyance, Calia narrowed her eyes and tore her unsheathed claws from the bundle. She got to work once more.

``Just be careful,`` Calia breathed softly, almost to herself. She didn't want Obsidian to die. She probably would never see him again, not if he died nor lived, and she most likely wouldn't even know if he died or not... but, still, it was in her nature to care and worry. Her tail-tip flicked anxiously for her guest. She still didn't look at him, acknowledging the fact that nervous cats became even much more anxious beneath watching eyes.

She cleared her throat, and picked up on a new topic. She didn't see their current conversation going anywhere good, actually. ``Do you have any family? I mean - don't feel like you need to answer that. Just, I guess... trying to start conversation... Hey, know what? Here's an easier question. What's your favorite prey?`` Calia's tone was brighter now as she rambled.

Obsidian wasn't used to cats really caring what happened to him. He'd always been a pawn; just standing by, not really doing much. He'd never had the chance to really do much. And unfortunately for him, because of that, his self-worth had gone down a lot in his mind. He wasn't really worth much more then the Dusk Syndicate. They might be a bloodthirsty band of outlaw-like cats, but he was ready to join them because he thought that was all he was good for. To go to someplace where a misfit would be able to belong. As long as he stayed out of the deadly ones' way? He would be fine. She didn't need to worry. The tom's yellow hues fixed themselves on Calia, for a moment he looked over her before turning his gaze back down to his own dark paws.
What did it matter whether he lived or died? Either way, nothing good was going to come of it. The tip of the ebony pelted feline's tail began to twitch-- in a way that was somewhat more violent then he would have preferred. Despite the feline being a little too worried and friendly for Obsidian's liking, he was still thankful that she had invited him to stay. Though if things continued along this path, he might just leave before he was prepared to. It was awfully nice here-- he could see why she stayed. But Obsidian was a wanderer, and he didn't stay in one place for long. Not over a week or so. The longest amount of time he had stayed in a place since leaving the 'softer life' behind was half a moon. Not too long, but he was happy to have done so.
It didn't matter that he had left staying in one place behind along with his previous life. He should have taken on a new name, too-- but he hadn't wanted to. Obsidian had found the thought of that...unpleasant. Who wanted a new name when their own was just fine? Hopefully no one, the tom thought with a snort. That was another thing about the Clans-- they changed their names! Who would want to do that? No, from what Obsidian had heard, the Dusk Syndicate was a much better place if he wanted to get away from something like that. They didn't change their names. And, while the tom wasn't a killer-- he was definitely a fighter.
At heart, anyways. He knew how to get things done, he knew how to fight, and he would certainly be able to defend himself. Against some ragtag outlaw, at least that was his hope. Ragtag outlaws. Was that who he was going to? A band of outlaws? Hopefully they were at least intelligent, if they were stupid Obsidian would most certainly not be going to them. But the Clans were worse. No, he would rather stay as a loner forever. Not here-- he could never stay here. At least in the Syndicate he wouldn't be getting attached. The cats there were the type he wouldn't want to associate himself with, and yet here he was-- about to go associate himself with these outlaws. Dangerous, dangerous cats. Was this just some sort of a stupid thing to do?
At Calia's half-chirping words, the tom looked up in something resembling surprise. Done? Now? A moment later he stepped into the nest himself, cautiously, testing it out. "Thank...you." The words felt odd, he hadn't really had to thank other cats before. And no one had thanked him for anything. So, naturally those words were foreign to him. But they felt good to say, like a sudden weight had been taken from his mind and body. He felt like he had done something that he'd been meaning to for a long time, but had never had the time before. Something special, unique...delicate, too. A mixture of things that made him feel at
home.
Just moments after that, he heard the softest whisper of words as though they were just the sound of the wind blowing, or, if he was going to think like that; the sound of soft pawsteps entering his own territory, or the brush of fur against some object. The words were inaudible to him-- but from the way she was speaking, he had a pretty good guess. Not necessarily one that he liked very much, either. Careful? Of course I'll be careful! He wanted to scoff, but instead kept silent. He understood her worry. He was worried himself, but that didn't mean she needed to be. He'd just met the feline earlier that day, and now the sun was getting lower...
Soon it would be dark. And that would leave only a couple more days for Obsidian to stay with the ginger female. Not long enough to get attached at all. At her question about family, his eyes darkened and he was thankful she moved on. Because there had been no way he would answer that question. "Um-m... I'd say sparrow. Harder to catch for me, but it's worth it." He mewed with a definite nod. Obsidian could remember hunting sparrows, it had been fun...interesting...different, honestly. But it was the kind of different that made him feel wonderful. "What about you?" He found himself asking. No, no, no! Conversation leads to bonding. Bonding leads to friendship. And friendship leads to ties that you don't want to break. Don't ever let yourself do that again, Obsidian. He told himself sternly, his hues darkening slightly as he did so. It was true. All of it was true. And the one thing Obsidian didn't want were bonds that couldn't be broken. Or-- that wouldn't be broken.

Old April 5th, 2017, 04:48 PM
i love sussy the bestest

Quote:

Obsidian wasn't used to cats really caring what happened to him. He'd always been a pawn; just standing by, not really doing much. He'd never had the chance to really do much. And unfortunately for him, because of that, his self-worth had gone down a lot in his mind. He wasn't really worth much more then the Dusk Syndicate. They might be a bloodthirsty band of outlaw-like cats, but he was ready to join them because he thought that was all he was good for. To go to someplace where a misfit would be able to belong. As long as he stayed out of the deadly ones' way? He would be fine. She didn't need to worry. The tom's yellow hues fixed themselves on Calia, for a moment he looked over her before turning his gaze back down to his own dark paws.
What did it matter whether he lived or died? Either way, nothing good was going to come of it. The tip of the ebony pelted feline's tail began to twitch-- in a way that was somewhat more violent then he would have preferred. Despite the feline being a little too worried and friendly for Obsidian's liking, he was still thankful that she had invited him to stay. Though if things continued along this path, he might just leave before he was prepared to. It was awfully nice here-- he could see why she stayed. But Obsidian was a wanderer, and he didn't stay in one place for long. Not over a week or so. The longest amount of time he had stayed in a place since leaving the 'softer life' behind was half a moon. Not too long, but he was happy to have done so.
It didn't matter that he had left staying in one place behind along with his previous life. He should have taken on a new name, too-- but he hadn't wanted to. Obsidian had found the thought of that...unpleasant. Who wanted a new name when their own was just fine? Hopefully no one, the tom thought with a snort. That was another thing about the Clans-- they changed their names! Who would want to do that? No, from what Obsidian had heard, the Dusk Syndicate was a much better place if he wanted to get away from something like that. They didn't change their names. And, while the tom wasn't a killer-- he was definitely a fighter.
At heart, anyways. He knew how to get things done, he knew how to fight, and he would certainly be able to defend himself. Against some ragtag outlaw, at least that was his hope. Ragtag outlaws. Was that who he was going to? A band of outlaws? Hopefully they were at least intelligent, if they were stupid Obsidian would most certainly not be going to them. But the Clans were worse. No, he would rather stay as a loner forever. Not here-- he could never stay here. At least in the Syndicate he wouldn't be getting attached. The cats there were the type he wouldn't want to associate himself with, and yet here he was-- about to go associate himself with these outlaws. Dangerous, dangerous cats. Was this just some sort of a stupid thing to do?
At Calia's half-chirping words, the tom looked up in something resembling surprise. Done? Now? A moment later he stepped into the nest himself, cautiously, testing it out. "Thank...you." The words felt odd, he hadn't really had to thank other cats before. And no one had thanked him for anything. So, naturally those words were foreign to him. But they felt good to say, like a sudden weight had been taken from his mind and body. He felt like he had done something that he'd been meaning to for a long time, but had never had the time before. Something special, unique...delicate, too. A mixture of things that made him feel at
home.
Just moments after that, he heard the softest whisper of words as though they were just the sound of the wind blowing, or, if he was going to think like that; the sound of soft pawsteps entering his own territory, or the brush of fur against some object. The words were inaudible to him-- but from the way she was speaking, he had a pretty good guess. Not necessarily one that he liked very much, either. Careful? Of course I'll be careful! He wanted to scoff, but instead kept silent. He understood her worry. He was worried himself, but that didn't mean she needed to be. He'd just met the feline earlier that day, and now the sun was getting lower...
Soon it would be dark. And that would leave only a couple more days for Obsidian to stay with the ginger female. Not long enough to get attached at all. At her question about family, his eyes darkened and he was thankful she moved on. Because there had been no way he would answer that question. "Um-m... I'd say sparrow. Harder to catch for me, but it's worth it." He mewed with a definite nod. Obsidian could remember hunting sparrows, it had been fun...interesting...different, honestly. But it was the kind of different that made him feel wonderful. "What about you?" He found himself asking. No, no, no! Conversation leads to bonding. Bonding leads to friendship. And friendship leads to ties that you don't want to break. Don't ever let yourself do that again, Obsidian. He told himself sternly, his hues darkening slightly as he did so. It was true. All of it was true. And the one thing Obsidian didn't want were bonds that couldn't be broken. Or-- that wouldn't be broken.
Calia was truly surprised at hearing the words `thank you`. Though they appeared to come so painfully... but it was progress, and she would take it. She's nursed cats who looked and acted worse than Obsidian, cats with matted pelts and an abundance of scars, some of which were unbelievable; cats with lost eyes or limbs, cats who refused to talk to her, cats who stole all her items.. Cats who didn't thank her. She expected Obsidian to be one of those cats, she had not been looking for a `thank you`, yet she earned one. For once, Calia has wrongly judged a cat.

Often, she could figure out a cat within a heartbeat. For example, one of the cats who refused to speak to her - lets call him Tom. When Tom had first arrived at her home, he had a bushy, ragged pelt. He clearly hadn't washed in ages. He was missing patches of fur, and his tail had been simply a stub. He walked with a limp, and jagged, ugly scars painted his body. She greeted him, but he didn't respond. Calia, being one of the most sweetest, selfless characters on Earth, invited him to stay for as long as needed. He didn't respond. She didn't see him the rest of the day, so she figured he'd continued his journey. But at night, when she padded beneath the bridge to settle into her nest, she saw Tom curled in it. She was too kind to wake him and she was too selfless to make him move into the ratty nest. She spent the night in the uncomfortable nest, too tired to freshen it up. And when Calia woke up, Tom had been gone. Not a single word. However, unimaginably, Calia didn't mind, she did not regret Tom's presence. After all, she was one of the most sweetest, selfless souls the world would ever know.

She tied the last stalk into her nest, and sat back to proudly observe her work. She hadn't cast a single glance at Obsidian; instead, she listened. Her ears would spin and twitch at every sound, but she reached out for specifically Obsidian's voice. She wasn't one to be rude, she would listen to every syllable - even if she disagreed or felt the temptation to interrupt. Yeah, that's right, Calia has urges, urges to interrupt. Not an angel anymore, huh? Yeah... That's what I thought.

She, once more, felt surprise. Calia had seriously screwed up on figuring Obsidian out. She hadn't expected him to ask about her. She figured she would've asked him the question, he would've answered, and then she would've answered her own question. But, no, now she would answer Obsidian's question. She mentally squealed in delight at his slow progress.

Sparrow's were rather tasty, Calia had to admit, but she preferred the flesh of a water vole. Her first experience eating a bird wasn't too great. She had caught it, plucked it of its feathers, and then went to eat it. First of all, she struggled to pull the feathers off. She just couldn't get them all off, and most of them decided to get tangled in her long, ginger pelt. Anyway, she took a bite, but something tasted different. However, it was first bite of a bird, of course it would taste different compared to the many rodents she had eaten. Long story short, Calia ended up choking on a feather. Now, she sorta fears birds.

``I prefer a water vole, honestly. I think they're delicious!`` Calia made her way to the end of the pool of water, the frozen-over pond. She hadn't broke the ice yet, like she had planned to do when they returned from gathering plants. ``Plus, there's so many of them around here! We mainly have rodents - at least, I've never seen many birds. Of course, I don't really look for the birds... Hah, I'm rambling again, forgive me.`` As she spoke nonsense, she had crouched beside the pool and brought her paw upwards. With a quick flash of her ginger paw, she had broken the thin layer of ice blanketing their source of water. And then she figured she'd best go over the garden once again.

Calia lapped at the water a few times before returning to her fresh nest where she prepared to curl up. ``I figured I'd just go over this again - The pond there, the ice is thick and covers the entire pool, but I've broken that part. Sometimes, that part will freeze over, but when it does, the ice is rather thin and delicate. I tend to break it in the morning, but sometimes it freezes over during the day, and that's where I break it at night as well. If you're ever up before me, or it's frozen over and its, say, noon, feel free to break it. And right here -`` She stretches her tail out, letting her tail-tip rest on a certain patch of messy earth. The patch is just beyond the tall grass that surrounds her nest. ``I bury the prey here. Though, actually, I sorta bury prey everywhere, but this is my main pile. I dig the prey up often, so it doesn't attract maggots and to prevent the ground from freezing. I only have a scrawny shrew in here, though, but I'll go hunting tomorrow. And I know the twoleg concerns you. Don't worry, he isn't here too often, and he never stays too long. I highly doubt the twoleg will be here while your staying here. He was here just a few sunrises ago, and his visits are normally weeks apart.`` She paused, forcing her tired brain to work as she thought if there was anything else she should tell him, but her brain came up empty. ``I think that's it.``
Old April 6th, 2017, 11:27 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
Calia was truly surprised at hearing the words `thank you`. Though they appeared to come so painfully... but it was progress, and she would take it. She's nursed cats who looked and acted worse than Obsidian, cats with matted pelts and an abundance of scars, some of which were unbelievable; cats with lost eyes or limbs, cats who refused to talk to her, cats who stole all her items.. Cats who didn't thank her. She expected Obsidian to be one of those cats, she had not been looking for a `thank you`, yet she earned one. For once, Calia has wrongly judged a cat.

Often, she could figure out a cat within a heartbeat. For example, one of the cats who refused to speak to her - lets call him Tom. When Tom had first arrived at her home, he had a bushy, ragged pelt. He clearly hadn't washed in ages. He was missing patches of fur, and his tail had been simply a stub. He walked with a limp, and jagged, ugly scars painted his body. She greeted him, but he didn't respond. Calia, being one of the most sweetest, selfless characters on Earth, invited him to stay for as long as needed. He didn't respond. She didn't see him the rest of the day, so she figured he'd continued his journey. But at night, when she padded beneath the bridge to settle into her nest, she saw Tom curled in it. She was too kind to wake him and she was too selfless to make him move into the ratty nest. She spent the night in the uncomfortable nest, too tired to freshen it up. And when Calia woke up, Tom had been gone. Not a single word. However, unimaginably, Calia didn't mind, she did not regret Tom's presence. After all, she was one of the most sweetest, selfless souls the world would ever know.

She tied the last stalk into her nest, and sat back to proudly observe her work. She hadn't cast a single glance at Obsidian; instead, she listened. Her ears would spin and twitch at every sound, but she reached out for specifically Obsidian's voice. She wasn't one to be rude, she would listen to every syllable - even if she disagreed or felt the temptation to interrupt. Yeah, that's right, Calia has urges, urges to interrupt. Not an angel anymore, huh? Yeah... That's what I thought.

She, once more, felt surprise. Calia had seriously screwed up on figuring Obsidian out. She hadn't expected him to ask about her. She figured she would've asked him the question, he would've answered, and then she would've answered her own question. But, no, now she would answer Obsidian's question. She mentally squealed in delight at his slow progress.

Sparrow's were rather tasty, Calia had to admit, but she preferred the flesh of a water vole. Her first experience eating a bird wasn't too great. She had caught it, plucked it of its feathers, and then went to eat it. First of all, she struggled to pull the feathers off. She just couldn't get them all off, and most of them decided to get tangled in her long, ginger pelt. Anyway, she took a bite, but something tasted different. However, it was first bite of a bird, of course it would taste different compared to the many rodents she had eaten. Long story short, Calia ended up choking on a feather. Now, she sorta fears birds.

``I prefer a water vole, honestly. I think they're delicious!`` Calia made her way to the end of the pool of water, the frozen-over pond. She hadn't broke the ice yet, like she had planned to do when they returned from gathering plants. ``Plus, there's so many of them around here! We mainly have rodents - at least, I've never seen many birds. Of course, I don't really look for the birds... Hah, I'm rambling again, forgive me.`` As she spoke nonsense, she had crouched beside the pool and brought her paw upwards. With a quick flash of her ginger paw, she had broken the thin layer of ice blanketing their source of water. And then she figured she'd best go over the garden once again.

Calia lapped at the water a few times before returning to her fresh nest where she prepared to curl up. ``I figured I'd just go over this again - The pond there, the ice is thick and covers the entire pool, but I've broken that part. Sometimes, that part will freeze over, but when it does, the ice is rather thin and delicate. I tend to break it in the morning, but sometimes it freezes over during the day, and that's where I break it at night as well. If you're ever up before me, or it's frozen over and its, say, noon, feel free to break it. And right here -`` She stretches her tail out, letting her tail-tip rest on a certain patch of messy earth. The patch is just beyond the tall grass that surrounds her nest. ``I bury the prey here. Though, actually, I sorta bury prey everywhere, but this is my main pile. I dig the prey up often, so it doesn't attract maggots and to prevent the ground from freezing. I only have a scrawny shrew in here, though, but I'll go hunting tomorrow. And I know the twoleg concerns you. Don't worry, he isn't here too often, and he never stays too long. I highly doubt the twoleg will be here while your staying here. He was here just a few sunrises ago, and his visits are normally weeks apart.`` She paused, forcing her tired brain to work as she thought if there was anything else she should tell him, but her brain came up empty. ``I think that's it.``

Water voles?
Obsidian, normally being on the move and staying mainly in places where there wasn't much water-- before then having always had a dish to drink from-- wasn't quite sure what they tasted like. He'd seen a few... they were the rat-looking things that hung around ponds.

"Haven't ever tried one."
To cats he had just met, Obsidian normally didn't talk much. But Calia was very easy to talk to-- she was so friendly and open, it made him feel as though he were... well, back at a home with humans. Which he didn't really miss. Those days had been probably some of the worst, and darkest, of his life. Besides, being on his own was better in so many ways.

There were too many ways to lose trust in cats when you were around them all the time. For example, being surrounded by starlet felines-- cats who were expert show cats, always stuck up and rude-- had not been Obsidian's favorite thing. He had hated it with a fierce, burning hatred and passion. After all, who wanted a bunch of stuck up, rude cats around you all the time?

Not this tom, that was for sure. Perhaps that was part of the reason he had left. Or maybe it had been the intense yearning to find a place of his own. To wander around until he found that one area that he could rightfully call home. And now? Obsidian was pretty sure he had found it. The Dusk Syndicate was the place that he would be calling home. The place that he would end up in, and he would be stuck there forever. Who cared about a cozy bed, a safe home, and all the food and water he wanted?

It was like a prison. He hadn't been allowed outside, and he'd been forced to be around his brother and the starlets. Annoying cats who mewed at the tiniest thing, fawning over humans like they were some sort of magic cat. It was truly sickening. And he hated it, almost more then anything else. He remembered living around those types of cats, and feeling as though he didn't belong because they would do things that he felt were quite disgusting.

It was weird, what some cats would do for attention and how others-- like himself-- refused to do those very things. But why? What made them that way? Obsidian figured it was something in his own genes, but he wouldn't ever point that out. He preferred to think of himself as unique.

He had cut himself off from his brother, after all. And for what? So that he could live the life of a more rugged loner, trying to survive-- struggling to survive, even? He wasn't sure what would make him do that. And sometimes, like now, he regretted it very much. After all, safety had always been important to Obsidian. Safety and comfort. And yet here he was, giving a couple of those very things away to the feline before him. By staying with her, he was risking allowing himself to let go of everything he had held onto for the past few moons. He was risking letting go of almost everything, at least. Perhaps there was a way to have company again. He would in the Syndicate, though the type of company he would have?

Not so much of the friendly kind. And definitely not the mewing, squirming, kitten-like cats that he had been around in the past. Then again, Calia didn't remind him of those cats either. True, she didn't think humans-- housefolk-- twolegs, or whatever they might be called, were so bad, which Obsidian didn't agree with at all, but maybe she'd had a better experience with them.

What's with the ribbon?
He thought, glancing down at the bright blue ribbon that still looked to be too tight. The tom listened to her words, cocking his head to the side as he did so, and a look of amusement was obvious on his features. She seemed to have a lot to tell about this little area of land. It was a pretty spot-- he could certainly see why she stayed here, and he liked it a lot. It was nice. The one thing he didn't understand was how she put up with a twoleg coming around. That was the one thing that Obsidian would never be able to understand. He glanced over at her, before quickly averting his gaze.

That ribbon was bothering him-- he didn't like seeing any cat with a collar, ribbon, etc. that might show signs of them being a twoleg's pet. "You sure you don't want that ribbon off?" He asked, staring at it as though he thought he might be able to burn it off from a distance. While Obsidian wasn't that comfortable around the feline, if he was getting a twoleg object off, he was perfectly alright with it. Had the twoleg she mentioned coming around here put it on her in the first place?

And if so, then why was she defending him? Was there something wrong with him and she felt like she needed to? The tom waited for her response, tail twitching with a jerky eagerness that seemed to show his desire to rip the ribbon off and throw it away. She was a sweet cat, but sometimes-- the tom just went too far. If now was one of those times, she should let him know before he decided to do so anyways. He didn't so much as want to look at it anymore, and glanced up at the blue coloring of the sky.

It was a pretty color, one that Obsidian had always loved... one that almost matched the ribbon. Thinking of it again, his yellow hues narrowed and he looked down at his own paws. They looked dirty, messy... not at all what he would have liked. But he wasn't a housecat anymore. There was no worrying whether his humans were going to dump him in water to clean him up. Once more, he glanced up at Calia, awaiting her response.

Old April 16th, 2017, 05:08 PM
i love sussy the bestest

Quote:

Water voles?
Obsidian, normally being on the move and staying mainly in places where there wasn't much water-- before then having always had a dish to drink from-- wasn't quite sure what they tasted like. He'd seen a few... they were the rat-looking things that hung around ponds.

"Haven't ever tried one."
To cats he had just met, Obsidian normally didn't talk much. But Calia was very easy to talk to-- she was so friendly and open, it made him feel as though he were... well, back at a home with humans. Which he didn't really miss. Those days had been probably some of the worst, and darkest, of his life. Besides, being on his own was better in so many ways.

There were too many ways to lose trust in cats when you were around them all the time. For example, being surrounded by starlet felines-- cats who were expert show cats, always stuck up and rude-- had not been Obsidian's favorite thing. He had hated it with a fierce, burning hatred and passion. After all, who wanted a bunch of stuck up, rude cats around you all the time?

Not this tom, that was for sure. Perhaps that was part of the reason he had left. Or maybe it had been the intense yearning to find a place of his own. To wander around until he found that one area that he could rightfully call home. And now? Obsidian was pretty sure he had found it. The Dusk Syndicate was the place that he would be calling home. The place that he would end up in, and he would be stuck there forever. Who cared about a cozy bed, a safe home, and all the food and water he wanted?

It was like a prison. He hadn't been allowed outside, and he'd been forced to be around his brother and the starlets. Annoying cats who mewed at the tiniest thing, fawning over humans like they were some sort of magic cat. It was truly sickening. And he hated it, almost more then anything else. He remembered living around those types of cats, and feeling as though he didn't belong because they would do things that he felt were quite disgusting.

It was weird, what some cats would do for attention and how others-- like himself-- refused to do those very things. But why? What made them that way? Obsidian figured it was something in his own genes, but he wouldn't ever point that out. He preferred to think of himself as unique.

He had cut himself off from his brother, after all. And for what? So that he could live the life of a more rugged loner, trying to survive-- struggling to survive, even? He wasn't sure what would make him do that. And sometimes, like now, he regretted it very much. After all, safety had always been important to Obsidian. Safety and comfort. And yet here he was, giving a couple of those very things away to the feline before him. By staying with her, he was risking allowing himself to let go of everything he had held onto for the past few moons. He was risking letting go of almost everything, at least. Perhaps there was a way to have company again. He would in the Syndicate, though the type of company he would have?

Not so much of the friendly kind. And definitely not the mewing, squirming, kitten-like cats that he had been around in the past. Then again, Calia didn't remind him of those cats either. True, she didn't think humans-- housefolk-- twolegs, or whatever they might be called, were so bad, which Obsidian didn't agree with at all, but maybe she'd had a better experience with them.

What's with the ribbon?
He thought, glancing down at the bright blue ribbon that still looked to be too tight. The tom listened to her words, cocking his head to the side as he did so, and a look of amusement was obvious on his features. She seemed to have a lot to tell about this little area of land. It was a pretty spot-- he could certainly see why she stayed here, and he liked it a lot. It was nice. The one thing he didn't understand was how she put up with a twoleg coming around. That was the one thing that Obsidian would never be able to understand. He glanced over at her, before quickly averting his gaze.

That ribbon was bothering him-- he didn't like seeing any cat with a collar, ribbon, etc. that might show signs of them being a twoleg's pet. "You sure you don't want that ribbon off?" He asked, staring at it as though he thought he might be able to burn it off from a distance. While Obsidian wasn't that comfortable around the feline, if he was getting a twoleg object off, he was perfectly alright with it. Had the twoleg she mentioned coming around here put it on her in the first place?

And if so, then why was she defending him? Was there something wrong with him and she felt like she needed to? The tom waited for her response, tail twitching with a jerky eagerness that seemed to show his desire to rip the ribbon off and throw it away. She was a sweet cat, but sometimes-- the tom just went too far. If now was one of those times, she should let him know before he decided to do so anyways. He didn't so much as want to look at it anymore, and glanced up at the blue coloring of the sky.

It was a pretty color, one that Obsidian had always loved... one that almost matched the ribbon. Thinking of it again, his yellow hues narrowed and he looked down at his own paws. They looked dirty, messy... not at all what he would have liked. But he wasn't a housecat anymore. There was no worrying whether his humans were going to dump him in water to clean him up. Once more, he glanced up at Calia, awaiting her response.
Calia appreciated Obsidian's concern when it came to her precious blue ribbon, but she didn't want the traveling tomcat to waste his time worrying about it. She figured she'd tell him the story - may as well, after all. Perhaps the story would play a role in getting him to open up? She purred loudly, amusement and assurance visible in her vibrant blue eyes. Shifting slightly in her nest, trying to find the most comfortable position, she removed her gaze from him and focused on her movement.

As she pawed and prodded at the fresh stalks of her nest, Calia began, ``Don't you worry your pretty little head, Obsidian,`` she mewled teasingly. She didn't know if he was comfortable with teasing yet, but she figured she'd never know unless she tried. Nervously, she immediately continued talking, ``I was once a kittypet, believe it or not.`` Her voice was joking, but she quickly cleared her throat and adopted a serious, longing tone. She finally settled in her nest, her head facing Obsidian, but she did not look at him. Sadness radiated off her, though she did her best to conceal it. ``I lived in a beautiful home, with a twoleg kit and her parents. The twoleg-kit and I were, well, best friends. We did everything together. A few moons after I first met her, she took off the blue collar I had been wearing, and replaced it with this ribbon.`` Talking about the ribbon caused her neck to itch, and speaking the story caused her throat to tighten. She suddenly forgot how to inhale, but she was quick to recover. Calia did not leave time for Obsidian to interrupt. ``My housefolk left somewhere, all three of them. They didn't come home for days, and I was taken care of by the neighbor. Finally, my housefolk returned, but without the twoleg-kit.`` She closed her eyes tightly in an attempt to rid herself of the internal pain. Her chest heaved with every shaky breath. She lived those rough days over and over, and they haunted her and haunted her. ``The two older twolegs began to neglect me, and the twoleg-kit never returned. I wasn't given as much attention as before, and when I tried to give my housefolk attention... they ignored me, or pushed me away. Obviously, I wasn't wanted, and I wasn't happy anymore. It was clear to me the twoleg-kit would never return, leaving me to wonder what happened to my best friend. I left, and took my chances in the wild. Y'know, I had never been outdoors until that moment. The day I slipped through the open window... I couldn't hunt then, so I scavenged instead. Eventually I found a garden which I made my home.`` She was unaware that she was spilling her life story to the unsuspecting tomcat across form her. Calia was lost in her past, away from reality. Her physical form was frozen, and her eyes only revealed sadness. ``Travelers would stay with me, and in return for shelter, they'd teach me survival techniques. And, uh-``

Reality caught up to her now, and her fur rose in shock as she realized what she was saying. ``Sorry.`` With a nervous chuckle, Calia let her chin rest on her paws, staring at the bridge wall away from Obsidian. She was embarrassed and shocked from her own words, and she believed she had done nothing but bother her guest. Oh, why do you have to be so mouse-brained, Calia? Unable to bear the emotions any further, but not wanting to be rude, she abruptly murmured, ``goodnight, Obsidian,``(adding his name in there for a softer touch) and closed her eyes, willing sleep to come.
Old April 18th, 2017, 09:27 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
Calia appreciated Obsidian's concern when it came to her precious blue ribbon, but she didn't want the traveling tomcat to waste his time worrying about it. She figured she'd tell him the story - may as well, after all. Perhaps the story would play a role in getting him to open up? She purred loudly, amusement and assurance visible in her vibrant blue eyes. Shifting slightly in her nest, trying to find the most comfortable position, she removed her gaze from him and focused on her movement.

As she pawed and prodded at the fresh stalks of her nest, Calia began, ``Don't you worry your pretty little head, Obsidian,`` she mewled teasingly. She didn't know if he was comfortable with teasing yet, but she figured she'd never know unless she tried. Nervously, she immediately continued talking, ``I was once a kittypet, believe it or not.`` Her voice was joking, but she quickly cleared her throat and adopted a serious, longing tone. She finally settled in her nest, her head facing Obsidian, but she did not look at him. Sadness radiated off her, though she did her best to conceal it. ``I lived in a beautiful home, with a twoleg kit and her parents. The twoleg-kit and I were, well, best friends. We did everything together. A few moons after I first met her, she took off the blue collar I had been wearing, and replaced it with this ribbon.`` Talking about the ribbon caused her neck to itch, and speaking the story caused her throat to tighten. She suddenly forgot how to inhale, but she was quick to recover. Calia did not leave time for Obsidian to interrupt. ``My housefolk left somewhere, all three of them. They didn't come home for days, and I was taken care of by the neighbor. Finally, my housefolk returned, but without the twoleg-kit.`` She closed her eyes tightly in an attempt to rid herself of the internal pain. Her chest heaved with every shaky breath. She lived those rough days over and over, and they haunted her and haunted her. ``The two older twolegs began to neglect me, and the twoleg-kit never returned. I wasn't given as much attention as before, and when I tried to give my housefolk attention... they ignored me, or pushed me away. Obviously, I wasn't wanted, and I wasn't happy anymore. It was clear to me the twoleg-kit would never return, leaving me to wonder what happened to my best friend. I left, and took my chances in the wild. Y'know, I had never been outdoors until that moment. The day I slipped through the open window... I couldn't hunt then, so I scavenged instead. Eventually I found a garden which I made my home.`` She was unaware that she was spilling her life story to the unsuspecting tomcat across form her. Calia was lost in her past, away from reality. Her physical form was frozen, and her eyes only revealed sadness. ``Travelers would stay with me, and in return for shelter, they'd teach me survival techniques. And, uh-``

Reality caught up to her now, and her fur rose in shock as she realized what she was saying. ``Sorry.`` With a nervous chuckle, Calia let her chin rest on her paws, staring at the bridge wall away from Obsidian. She was embarrassed and shocked from her own words, and she believed she had done nothing but bother her guest. Oh, why do you have to be so mouse-brained, Calia? Unable to bear the emotions any further, but not wanting to be rude, she abruptly murmured, ``goodnight, Obsidian,``(adding his name in there for a softer touch) and closed her eyes, willing sleep to come.

The story Calia had told him seemed to be nagging at the tom's mind. So that was why she didn't want the ribbon off. It reminded her of her past. And no one, no one, wanted to let go of their past. It was an important part of life, pretty much like everything else was. He'd heard some sob stories, though with the glamorous surroundings he'd grown up in, it was mainly 'getting second place because of this' or 'becoming a show cat from off the streets.' Losing a twoleg kit might seem not serious at all, but Obsidian realized how much this cat must have meant to Calia. The poor feline seemed traumatized, speaking about it. Survival techniques. She had offered them all of this, and had they given her enough? Hopefully. She knew how to fight off foxes, and badgers, and things like that, didn't she? Oh granted-- it wasn't easy. Obsidian himself barely knew how, and he rarely sparred with anyone. He felt bad... very, very bad, worse then he had in a long time.

And it was rough. Guilt was not an often feeling with Obsidian, what did he have to be guilty about? He had done nothing to his family. Nothing. They never cared about him, they hardly fed him, and attention was always missed when he was around the selfish pigs. But, Calia sounded like she had loved her twolegs very much. She must miss them a lot. She was apologizing, now. Apologizing? What did she have to apologize for? She had done nothing to him... though that was a strange thought for the normally grumpy black tom to have. Licking his maw nervously, he shifted his weight-- staying carefully away from her, but when she wasn't looking at him, he moved just the slightest bit closer. This was comforting, right? Having someone around? Now, say something nice... he thought, swallowing hard. "N-not your fault. Th- you've been through a lot." His voice was still rough, but at least it was softer and gentler then it had been moments before.

A silence followed afterwards, the type of silence that he thought sounded like the kind to be heard after a rainstorm. Or a late night when everything was silent. Her next words were like that one last raindrop falling, or the crickets chirping in the bushes. The last blow after a fight. It seemed to end the night on a gentle touch, one that he would remember-- though he didn't know it-- for moons to come. That night would be etched into his memory forever, he was sure of it. A soft smile stretched over his features. Just a second later, he climbed into his own nest. Huh. This was an awful lot of trouble to go to for a stranger... why did she do it? What was the point of doing all this, only to have them leave someday? It was enough to make Obsidian feel guilty. But, he would be moving on within a day or two. Well... two days couldn't hurt. Tomorrow had been his original plan. But, she seemed like she might need some company for a day or two. Even if it was a grumpy tom like him.

"Goodnight, sunsh- Calia."
Again, he'd nearly called her sunshine. He'd really have to watch that. Where had that nickname come from, anyways? And then, he remembered his soft moment, wanting to stay. Was he crazy? This wasn't where he was supposed to be! This wasn't the plan! He had to move on, and he knew it as well as she did. But-- two days. Two days isn't going to kill me. Swallowing, the tom curled up in the smallest of balls. He could feel himself drifting off to sleep, and yet he still felt just about as low as he could. Why? Why was he so concerned about a stranger? Maybe there was something about knowing her history, knowing what she'd had taken from her before, that gave him a sense of guilt. Or maybe it was just his new nickname for her. Sunshine. It fitted her, she was certainly as warm as a ray of sunshine... but Obsidian knew the nickname was going to have to go. No question about it. A yawn left his maw and he finally drifted off into sleep. Maybe tomorrow, they could spar some.

It wouldn't hurt to teach her some defense tactics.

{Do you want to timeskip to the next day? Or take a break from Obsidian x Calia? Up to you, either way's fine by me ^^}