Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay > SkyClan

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Themed Art Competition...
by ramen
Last post by ThePrettyPurpleDemon
Today 06:11 PM
Ref Sheet Base By Me??
Last post by leopard.
Today 06:09 PM
QNA for some of my...
Last post by GalaxyDreams
Today 06:08 PM
Ready to devour all your...
Last post by ramen
Today 06:06 PM
Otterkit Finder
by nyx
Last post by nyx
Today 06:04 PM

Old October 3rd, 2017, 03:09 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Of Evil View Post

The deputy was not really sure what to think of the cat. Honestly, Auroraflame was normally annoyed when cats sounded so annoyed even though she'd hardly said anything, yet this time she didn't frown or feel grumpy. As a bright amber eye came into view, the she-cat had to suppress a shiver from running down her spine. Either this tom was really good at keeping one eye closed, or he was missing an eye. She decided not to ask about it, at least not right now anyway. She didn't know this cat, and she didn't want to risk the chance of him being sensitive.
"Oh nothing. I just came by to see if the rumours were true," Auroraflame said. I'm too graceful to twist my paw, she thought, a flicker of amusement flashing across her eyes at her own joke. "My paws are all perfectly fine and well functioning," She continued.
"Oh. Uh, okay," Auroraflame said, slightly weirded out by the sudden fact. The deputy had to bite back the urge to make a comment about how old he must be. Well, she managed to stop herself from saying it aloud. How old is this cat? She thought, her icy gaze scanning the tom. With the way that he grumbled all the time and muttered under his breath, Auroraflame could already tell that he was very impatient. Once again, she wasn't sure how to react to this. Suddenly the thought of sharing prey with this tom seemed a little comfortable to her. It wasn't because he was old, but just because he seemed so grouchy and Auroraflame had the feeling that sooner or later, he would say something she didn't like and she would find herself with another cat to not like. And he didn't seem very happy to meet her, or happy with her presence - not that everyone was happy with her presence. "No. I just wanted to give you this rabbit and maybe ask a few questions," Auroraflame said, pushing the rabbit towards him. She sat down where she was, curling her tail neatly around her paws. If this tom was now the medicine cat of SkyClan, then Auroraflame would want to know a thing or to about him. Like how was he chosen? Did StarClan choose him? Or did he ask Grousestar for the position? How did he know which herb was which and what each herb did? The deputy had a load of questions, and had to run her tongue along her teeth repeatedly to stop them from tumbling out all at once.
Sinefang glanced down at the shecat's paws to confirm that they did indeed look unhurt, as if not quite able to take her word for it. He noticed the plump looking rabbit she had brought in at the same moment, she said that she'd brought it for him. "That's for me?" the old tom said, a hint of disbelief in his eyes, but the shecat appeared sincere. "That's the best piece of prey I've seen in moons. Did you catch that?" he asked, a wisp of admiration in his tone. Shinefang could respect any cat that could serve their clan well. That was the entire reason he was here after all. As far as the old warrior was concerned, the day he would stop serving his clan would also be the day he died. "If you're here to share freshkill like that with me, you can ask me whatever you like," he meowed, his mouth watering as he looked hungrily at the prey. "Rabbit is my favorite."

Old October 15th, 2017, 11:23 AM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Role View Post
Oakpaw frowned at his bitter reply. Did he not enjoy being a medicine cat? The apprentice shrugged it off, and slowly climbed down from his back. She almost touched her paw to the ground, but was lucky enough to keep it in the air. "I'll meet you there," she called as she limped away.
Shinefang padded into the medicine den and called after the apprentice. "In here. Just pick a nest and make yourself comfortable." He meowed, glancing at his herbs.

Old October 15th, 2017, 11:26 AM
Man! The man is NONSTOP!

My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
Shinefang padded into the medicine den and called after the apprentice. "In here. Just pick a nest and make yourself comfortable." He meowed, glancing at his herbs.
Oakpaw took in the strange tangy scents of the den. She couldn't distinguish any of the herbs, but boy did they all smell weird. The apprentice limped towards a nest, and carefully settled down in it. Exhaustion suddenly swept over her. She hadn't been this tired for moons! Oakpaw yawned and licked her paw gently. It was soothing, albeit aching slightly.
Old October 15th, 2017, 11:48 AM
Sigh...

Quote:
Oakpaw took in the strange tangy scents of the den. She couldn't distinguish any of the herbs, but boy did they all smell weird. The apprentice limped towards a nest, and carefully settled down in it. Exhaustion suddenly swept over her. She hadn't been this tired for moons! Oakpaw yawned and licked her paw gently. It was soothing, albeit aching slightly.
Shinefang padded toward the apprentice's nest, a leaf in his jaws. He placed it gingerly on the ground beside the nest where the shecat had settled, opened up the package, and counted out two poppy seeds which he pushed toward the her. "Alright," Shinefang breathed, readying himself for the unpleasantness that was about to come. "Now I'm going to need to examine your paw to see if its broken. This might hurt, but I need to know where in your paw there might be problems." Shinefang paused, and added a third poppy seed to the small pile beside her. "As soon as I'm done, you can have these poppy seeds. They'll dull your pain and help you sleep. Do you understand me?"

Old October 15th, 2017, 07:00 PM
Man! The man is NONSTOP!

Quote:
Shinefang padded toward the apprentice's nest, a leaf in his jaws. He placed it gingerly on the ground beside the nest where the shecat had settled, opened up the package, and counted out two poppy seeds which he pushed toward the her. "Alright," Shinefang breathed, readying himself for the unpleasantness that was about to come. "Now I'm going to need to examine your paw to see if its broken. This might hurt, but I need to know where in your paw there might be problems." Shinefang paused, and added a third poppy seed to the small pile beside her. "As soon as I'm done, you can have these poppy seeds. They'll dull your pain and help you sleep. Do you understand me?"
Oakpaw swallowed nervously at his expression. It looked like worry, concern, and preparation all at the same time. What was going to happen? Heart pounding, Oakpaw glanced at the seeds. They could make her sleep after it was over. Just like he said. Either way, she had no choice. Oakpaw slowly nodded. "Okay. I'm ready. Let's get this over with," she replied slowly. Oakpaw braced herself for any pain that would make her yowl.
Old October 15th, 2017, 07:12 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Oakpaw swallowed nervously at his expression. It looked like worry, concern, and preparation all at the same time. What was going to happen? Heart pounding, Oakpaw glanced at the seeds. They could make her sleep after it was over. Just like he said. Either way, she had no choice. Oakpaw slowly nodded. "Okay. I'm ready. Let's get this over with," she replied slowly. Oakpaw braced herself for any pain that would make her yowl.
"Now tell me what you're feeling as I go." Shinefang sat on his haunches and took her injured paw between his forepaws. Trying to be gentle, he began feeling along the paw, the joint where the paw met the leg, and the leg itself, he continued feeling along the leg and back to the paw. That's when, very slowly and deftly, he tried to bend the joint, then the joint of one of the flattened digits.

Last edited by Charmer; October 15th, 2017 at 07:13 PM.
Old October 15th, 2017, 08:49 PM
Man! The man is NONSTOP!

Quote:
"Now tell me what you're feeling as I go." Shinefang sat on his haunches and took her injured paw between his forepaws. Trying to be gentle, he began feeling along the paw, the joint where the paw met the leg, and the leg itself, he continued feeling along the leg and back to the paw. That's when, very slowly and deftly, he tried to bend the joint, then the joint of one of the flattened digits.
(Also bump at the gathering- sorry if im being a bit pushy.)

Oakpaw immediately flinched as he felt above the join. Pain washed over her leg and her toes felt even more tingly than before. As Shinefang felt back down the leg, she spoke up. Above my ankle it really hurts," she squeaked. Then as Shinefang began to stretch her paw out and toes out, she yelped. A chill ran down her spine and her healthy forepaw's claws extended. "Great StarClan that hurt!" Although she didn't feel it on her paw, the pain spread like a wildfire up her leg and to her shoulder. Something was definitely wrong.
Old October 15th, 2017, 09:16 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
(Also bump at the gathering- sorry if im being a bit pushy.)

Oakpaw immediately flinched as he felt above the join. Pain washed over her leg and her toes felt even more tingly than before. As Shinefang felt back down the leg, she spoke up. Above my ankle it really hurts," she squeaked. Then as Shinefang began to stretch her paw out and toes out, she yelped. A chill ran down her spine and her healthy forepaw's claws extended. "Great StarClan that hurt!" Although she didn't feel it on her paw, the pain spread like a wildfire up her leg and to her shoulder. Something was definitely wrong.
(Ack! No thanks for reminding me! I am blowing up today, and one or two is bound to get away from me. Keep me on track, Role!)

Shinefang resisted the urge to drop her paw at the sound of her yelp. He didn't like hurting a young cat any more than the next warrior. Summoning all his self-control, he gently lowered her paw to the ground to guide her back into the nest. "Shhhhhh, it's ok. We're done, we're done. You did so well. Go ahead and lick up those poppy seeds." As soon as the apprentice was settled, he shuffled over to his shelf of herbs, and took a breath, trying to calm himself. Nothing about that had been enjoyable! He felt like claws had raked his insides when he heard that little shecat scream. Get your tail moving, Shinefang! his inner voice chided him. You act like you've never seen a hurt cat before. With a grunt, he reached into his stores and started to pull out all the herbs he thought might be even remotely helpful: Comfrey for the swelling and the bones, yarrow for bleeding on the claws. Goldenrod maybe? Can't hurt. And some wild garlic to prevent infection. The medicine cat collected all the herbs in a pile and took a big mouthful, chewing them up and wincing at the taste of the garlic. He made his way over the Oakpaw and scraped the globbed mixture off his tongue. I landed with a plop on the ground and he scooped it up and very gently began to apply the herbs. "How are you feeling now?" he asked, keeping his voice level and calm. The last thing he wanted to do was scare her.

Old October 16th, 2017, 05:49 PM
Man! The man is NONSTOP!

Quote:
(Ack! No thanks for reminding me! I am blowing up today, and one or two is bound to get away from me. Keep me on track, Role!)

Shinefang resisted the urge to drop her paw at the sound of her yelp. He didn't like hurting a young cat any more than the next warrior. Summoning all his self-control, he gently lowered her paw to the ground to guide her back into the nest. "Shhhhhh, it's ok. We're done, we're done. You did so well. Go ahead and lick up those poppy seeds." As soon as the apprentice was settled, he shuffled over to his shelf of herbs, and took a breath, trying to calm himself. Nothing about that had been enjoyable! He felt like claws had raked his insides when he heard that little shecat scream. Get your tail moving, Shinefang! his inner voice chided him. You act like you've never seen a hurt cat before. With a grunt, he reached into his stores and started to pull out all the herbs he thought might be even remotely helpful: Comfrey for the swelling and the bones, yarrow for bleeding on the claws. Goldenrod maybe? Can't hurt. And some wild garlic to prevent infection. The medicine cat collected all the herbs in a pile and took a big mouthful, chewing them up and wincing at the taste of the garlic. He made his way over the Oakpaw and scraped the globbed mixture off his tongue. I landed with a plop on the ground and he scooped it up and very gently began to apply the herbs. "How are you feeling now?" he asked, keeping his voice level and calm. The last thing he wanted to do was scare her.
Oakpaw shakily bent her head to lap up the small black seeds. As soon as they were swallowed, the effects began to kick in. Her entire body felt numb and as if stones were dragging them down, and her eyes began to droop slightly. The molly kneaded her nest with her good paw a few times and lay down. As Shinefang spoke again, she snapped back into reality. A warm, gooey liquid was plastered onto her paw, making her wrinkle her nose with disgust. "Much better, and a little tired," she informed before tipping her head. "What is that?"

(Short!
And okay ill be sure to keep you on track if i can XD Ill be off from time to time. Havent been sleeping well x.x)
Old October 16th, 2017, 09:09 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Oakpaw shakily bent her head to lap up the small black seeds. As soon as they were swallowed, the effects began to kick in. Her entire body felt numb and as if stones were dragging them down, and her eyes began to droop slightly. The molly kneaded her nest with her good paw a few times and lay down. As Shinefang spoke again, she snapped back into reality. A warm, gooey liquid was plastered onto her paw, making her wrinkle her nose with disgust. "Much better, and a little tired," she informed before tipping her head. "What is that?"

(Short!
And okay ill be sure to keep you on track if i can XD Ill be off from time to time. Havent been sleeping well x.x)
"A whole mess of stuff to help your paw heal, stay clean, and keep from getting infected. Don't lick it. It tastes terrible. Now get some rest." The old, golden tom smiled weakly as he saw the poppy seeds going to work. He was glad she'd get this chance to rest. Let her have some sweet dreams tonight... Tomorrow, I'll have to tel her the truth about her paw. One more night of hope is a best I can do, he thought sadly.