Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Borders

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
A Very Impulsively Made...
Last post by starry
Today 01:09 PM
RiverClan Leader's Den
by BEAR.
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 01:09 PM
Lionsbeach
by BEAR.
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 12:59 PM
ThunderClan Clearing
by dino.
Last post by Fits
Today 12:57 PM
THC victims needed!...
by Poprock
Last post by Morrigan
Today 12:49 PM

Old February 5th, 2018, 12:50 PM
stardust memories

My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: ThunderClan | WindClan Border

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
"Oh, aren't you just a bundle of laughs?" The she cat grumbled, shaking her head a little as she tried not to smile at Jaypaw's comment. But something he had said before bothered her. How could his loyalties truly lie with WindClan? The Clan had killed a ThunderClan warrior, or at least a couple of warriors from there had. They had refused to take responsibility for it. Kestrelpaw was beginning to hate anything to do with the rabbit-chasers, but Jaypaw was her best friend - and she couldn't just ignore him. Still, she wanted to know how he could stand there and tell her that he wanted his loyalty to lie with this Clan. He had a lot going for him in ThunderClan still... he had her, and she was sure he had other friends there! Kestrelpaw hadn't been very connected with friends of friends, but she was pretty sure she'd met at least.. at least a couple! And besides, the transition to another Clan couldn't be easy.

There were bound to be cats who thought he didn't belong there (much as Kestrelpaw did) and there were bound to be cats who would treat him badly. At least here, she could have told the bullies to back off her friend. There? She had no control over what others might do or say, and she had even less control over what they wanted to do to him. She couldn't tell him when a she cat was bad for him, or when some flirtatious, evil, slim feline might catch his attention and drag him far away, intrigued by the possibilities that the tom could hold. No - Kestrelpaw was not crushing on the former ThunderClanner, but she was worried about him. Her brother was a flirt. She knew what they could do to other cats. She knew the danger that fancy words and sweet looks could hold, and she knew the dangers of falling in love.

Besides, what would happen if Jaypaw changed his mind (as he was bound to do) and decided to move back to ThunderClan? What then, would they be star-crossed lovers? Kept apart by the boundary between the two Clans? Or worse, would they run away together? That possibility was a bad one, and Kestrelpaw made a mental note to ask him about any love he had in his life later on. Just to make sure that whoever it was was going to be good for him. "What about you? When do you think they'll accept you... and is that when you'll be made a warrior?" Kestrelpaw knew that ThunderClan would take him back in an instant. Oh yes, Snowstar would be understanding about that... especially if he made her understand that his loyalties had always been with ThunderClan. He'd just been distracted by a pretty, shiny possibility for a while, and it had taken him a moment to realize that his loyalties could never really lie with that Clan.

Kestrelpaw might accept Jaypaw for who he was, she liked him, and they got along - but she would never accept this decision. She would never believe that he was gone forever, a WindClanner in mind and in heart, and that ThunderClan was no longer his home. For her, once you were a part of the strongest Clan, you could never go back. You would always be a part of them. Kestrelpaw thought about Jaypaw sometimes, whenever she heard about the news with WindClan... with war brewing, was Jaypaw going to be safe? And, would she be safe? Hopefully the tom had at least had the sense to keep his maw shut about her and his other friends in ThunderClan. Otherwise, they would be the ones targeted - if the stupid fluff-brains could recognize them from the description Jaypaw had given.
It only now occured to Jaypaw how his good intended gesture may have been wrong in the eyes of his new Clanmates - and his old ones. They were separated by a border now, and with all the tension put aside, the warrior code stated that they must not be friendly. Still, the tom couldn't help himself. She's been one of my best friends. I'm not crushing on her, but I do care about her he thought to himself, facial features twitching as a slight inner turmoil took over a majority of his head. Barely any of this showed on the surface as the tom replaced it all with a grin - his skillset had always been in keeping his composure under any circumstances after all.

"I wouldn't be surprised if they doubled the time for my apprentice training," Jaypaw answered honestly, a hurt look crossing his face. The truth was, it had been hard on the tom since he'd joined, and he knew it was a hard road ahead of him to make it as a WindClan warrior. As he watched Kestrelpaw, not for the first time the thought of how much easier it would be in ThunderClan crossed his mind. He wasn't going back, but that didn't mean the tom hadn't thought of the possibility now and then. He'd have no family, but at least he would have Kestrelpaw, and Grovepaw, and Foxpaw, all of whom he'd left behind. Grovepaw he thought. It had been awhile since he had thought of the feline, and he shook his head, closing his eyes as if to dislodge the thought like a burr caught in his pelt.

After a bit he straightened up, pretending to ignore the fact that it came across as weird that he had just shook his head for no reason. "Speaking of, I should probably head back to camp. I know Shiningfeather wanted me later for the dusk patrol, and I would hate to be late for that," he mewed, a part of him not wanting to go. Jaypaw raised his eyes once more, watching Kestrelpaw's face for any signs that she might not want to go either. "I'll miss you," he decided to add after a moment pause, swallowing the lump that had started to build itself in his throat. The young apprentice was not anywhere close to crying, but he wanted to keep up his score of the perfect composure and wasn't about to take any chances with it.

The 'paw cleared his throat and straightened himself up. Any sign of his long to be closer to Kestrelpaw vanished and was replaced by the cool courteous look that one would give an acquaintance. It was drawing nearer to the end of their conversation, and for the first time he realized how much trouble he would be in if he was caught talking to a ThunderClanner, given his heritage and relationship with the specific cat he was conversing with. With that, he dipped his head to Kestrelpaw and turned, starting to head back across the moors towards the direction of camp. "Hopefully I'll see you at the next Gathering?" he asked as he paused, looking over his shoulder back at the ThunderClan apprentice, a hopeful twinge of light gleaming in his gaze.

(Oooh, okay so if it's alright with you, I could see Kestrelpaw actually developing into another love interest of Jaypaw's, and perhaps later on down the line when they're both warriors they could have a kind of Lion/Heather type relationship from the books? It could be a cool plot, and perhaps tempt Jaypaw to return to ThunderClan at some point?)

Last edited by Mauve; February 5th, 2018 at 12:52 PM.
Old February 6th, 2018, 04:42 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauve View Post
It only now occured to Jaypaw how his good intended gesture may have been wrong in the eyes of his new Clanmates - and his old ones. They were separated by a border now, and with all the tension put aside, the warrior code stated that they must not be friendly. Still, the tom couldn't help himself. She's been one of my best friends. I'm not crushing on her, but I do care about her he thought to himself, facial features twitching as a slight inner turmoil took over a majority of his head. Barely any of this showed on the surface as the tom replaced it all with a grin - his skillset had always been in keeping his composure under any circumstances after all.

"I wouldn't be surprised if they doubled the time for my apprentice training," Jaypaw answered honestly, a hurt look crossing his face. The truth was, it had been hard on the tom since he'd joined, and he knew it was a hard road ahead of him to make it as a WindClan warrior. As he watched Kestrelpaw, not for the first time the thought of how much easier it would be in ThunderClan crossed his mind. He wasn't going back, but that didn't mean the tom hadn't thought of the possibility now and then. He'd have no family, but at least he would have Kestrelpaw, and Grovepaw, and Foxpaw, all of whom he'd left behind. Grovepaw he thought. It had been awhile since he had thought of the feline, and he shook his head, closing his eyes as if to dislodge the thought like a burr caught in his pelt.

After a bit he straightened up, pretending to ignore the fact that it came across as weird that he had just shook his head for no reason. "Speaking of, I should probably head back to camp. I know Shiningfeather wanted me later for the dusk patrol, and I would hate to be late for that," he mewed, a part of him not wanting to go. Jaypaw raised his eyes once more, watching Kestrelpaw's face for any signs that she might not want to go either. "I'll miss you," he decided to add after a moment pause, swallowing the lump that had started to build itself in his throat. The young apprentice was not anywhere close to crying, but he wanted to keep up his score of the perfect composure and wasn't about to take any chances with it.

The 'paw cleared his throat and straightened himself up. Any sign of his long to be closer to Kestrelpaw vanished and was replaced by the cool courteous look that one would give an acquaintance. It was drawing nearer to the end of their conversation, and for the first time he realized how much trouble he would be in if he was caught talking to a ThunderClanner, given his heritage and relationship with the specific cat he was conversing with. With that, he dipped his head to Kestrelpaw and turned, starting to head back across the moors towards the direction of camp. "Hopefully I'll see you at the next Gathering?" he asked as he paused, looking over his shoulder back at the ThunderClan apprentice, a hopeful twinge of light gleaming in his gaze.

(Oooh, okay so if it's alright with you, I could see Kestrelpaw actually developing into another love interest of Jaypaw's, and perhaps later on down the line when they're both warriors they could have a kind of Lion/Heather type relationship from the books? It could be a cool plot, and perhaps tempt Jaypaw to return to ThunderClan at some point?)
”Well, they’d be stupid to do that. They’d be wasting a perfectly good warrior if they kept you back.” The way Kestrelpaw spoke was brisk, and almost smug, like it was herself who she was talking about, and not Jaypaw. She did believe the words she had just said, however. Jaypaw was a perfectly able-bodied, intelligent, quick-learning young cat and if WindClan couldn’t see that, then they were stupid. The she cat was irritated that ThunderClan had lost a good future warrior, but as long as he was an apprentice in WindClan, perhaps he would lose his drive to be there? It was a stupid Clan, anyways. Nobody liked them, as far as Kestrelpaw knew, or at least, as far as she was hoping. Besides, Blazingstar really should learn to take responsibility for his warriors.

She couldn’t believe the immaturity of the whole situation. And although she wasn’t acting much like a soon-to-be warrior by placing blame everywhere, she couldn’t care less. It felt good to blame someone else for everything that was happening. It felt good to know that there was someone who had screwed up, and that was the reason things were happening now. And besides, if a leader could do that and remain leader, that could mean that there was hope for her yet. She so desperately wanted to be leader. Someday, perhaps, Snowstar would make her deputy and then eventually she would be leader. Nine lives.

Leading the Clan and judging what battles were worth taking and which ones weren’t, getting to do so many things, all of which constantly thrilled Kestrelpaw. Jaypaw’s announcement that he needed to go came so suddenly and seemed so unexpected to Kestrelpaw that she felt like someone had just clawed her in the face. She hadn’t expected the now-WindClan apprentice to be leaving so soon. She’d had a lot more she wanted to talk to him about, but… now that it came down to it… she supposed it was a good thing. If anyone were to catch her talking to a WindClanner at the border, and being friendly with one, no doubt, her warrior ceremony would be postponed AGAIN and Kestrelpaw was pretty sure she would never be able to deal with that. It was really annoying, when she thought about it… how come it felt like you had been training for much longer then you had, and your warrior ceremony still hadn’t happened?

Kestrelpaw was going to stay out of the upcoming battle (the one that was sure to happen) if she was still an apprentice. There was no WAY she was going to have yet another setback. ”Sounds like a fun time. You definitely don’t want to miss that, so I guess I’ll see you later.” The she cat snorted, shaking her head a little. Still, Jaypaw’s determination to prove himself to his new Clan was admirable. She could understand loyalty more then anything else. And his was above and beyond what she could find herself feeling for another Clan. Jaypaw’s choked-up words surprised her, and she looked down at the ground awkwardly to keep from looking TOO surprised. Or too embarrassed.

Embarrassed though she felt, Kestrelpaw was determined not to show that. So all she did was smile, once she could get herself together, and her tail began to twitch anxiously as he started moving away. If someone caught them right now, that would be the absolute WORST. ”Yeah… yeah, I’ll see you later.” The she cat smiled as she spoke, before she turned and started bounding back through ThunderClan territory. Back to the camp. Where she felt at home… the camp that WAS her home.

(that sounds cool, yeah! I'm totally up for it c: )

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old February 7th, 2018, 03:48 PM
Angelique's Brother!

My Mood: Fanatic

@Broken Madness; (I forgot to tag you)
Birdpaw walked through the Windclan territory as she was on her way to the border. The Windclan apprentice had promised to meet a tom from Thunderclan at the battle, So she was a bit shaken to leave camp just to meet a tom. Birdpaw moved slowly to the border between the rival clans. The cat looked around at the Thunderclan side of the border in search for him. 'He's not here. Time to go home now,' thought Birdpaw.

Please know that your perfect no matter what gender, sexuality, etc is.

I'll only be on from 10:00 pm to 1:00 am my time.

Last edited by Barnabas; February 9th, 2018 at 10:57 AM.
Old February 8th, 2018, 12:58 PM
stardust memories

My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
”Well, they’d be stupid to do that. They’d be wasting a perfectly good warrior if they kept you back.” The way Kestrelpaw spoke was brisk, and almost smug, like it was herself who she was talking about, and not Jaypaw. She did believe the words she had just said, however. Jaypaw was a perfectly able-bodied, intelligent, quick-learning young cat and if WindClan couldn’t see that, then they were stupid. The she cat was irritated that ThunderClan had lost a good future warrior, but as long as he was an apprentice in WindClan, perhaps he would lose his drive to be there? It was a stupid Clan, anyways. Nobody liked them, as far as Kestrelpaw knew, or at least, as far as she was hoping. Besides, Blazingstar really should learn to take responsibility for his warriors.

She couldn’t believe the immaturity of the whole situation. And although she wasn’t acting much like a soon-to-be warrior by placing blame everywhere, she couldn’t care less. It felt good to blame someone else for everything that was happening. It felt good to know that there was someone who had screwed up, and that was the reason things were happening now. And besides, if a leader could do that and remain leader, that could mean that there was hope for her yet. She so desperately wanted to be leader. Someday, perhaps, Snowstar would make her deputy and then eventually she would be leader. Nine lives.

Leading the Clan and judging what battles were worth taking and which ones weren’t, getting to do so many things, all of which constantly thrilled Kestrelpaw. Jaypaw’s announcement that he needed to go came so suddenly and seemed so unexpected to Kestrelpaw that she felt like someone had just clawed her in the face. She hadn’t expected the now-WindClan apprentice to be leaving so soon. She’d had a lot more she wanted to talk to him about, but… now that it came down to it… she supposed it was a good thing. If anyone were to catch her talking to a WindClanner at the border, and being friendly with one, no doubt, her warrior ceremony would be postponed AGAIN and Kestrelpaw was pretty sure she would never be able to deal with that. It was really annoying, when she thought about it… how come it felt like you had been training for much longer then you had, and your warrior ceremony still hadn’t happened?

Kestrelpaw was going to stay out of the upcoming battle (the one that was sure to happen) if she was still an apprentice. There was no WAY she was going to have yet another setback. ”Sounds like a fun time. You definitely don’t want to miss that, so I guess I’ll see you later.” The she cat snorted, shaking her head a little. Still, Jaypaw’s determination to prove himself to his new Clan was admirable. She could understand loyalty more then anything else. And his was above and beyond what she could find herself feeling for another Clan. Jaypaw’s choked-up words surprised her, and she looked down at the ground awkwardly to keep from looking TOO surprised. Or too embarrassed.

Embarrassed though she felt, Kestrelpaw was determined not to show that. So all she did was smile, once she could get herself together, and her tail began to twitch anxiously as he started moving away. If someone caught them right now, that would be the absolute WORST. ”Yeah… yeah, I’ll see you later.” The she cat smiled as she spoke, before she turned and started bounding back through ThunderClan territory. Back to the camp. Where she felt at home… the camp that WAS her home.

(that sounds cool, yeah! I'm totally up for it c: )
(Okay! We can have them have a few more interactions when their apprentices, perhaps their next being at the next Gathering? And then again when they're both made warriors!)

As he watched her bound back towards ThunderClan, her slender figure disappearing among the tall trees that shrouded his former home in mystery, Jaypaw felt a little piece of his heart break. While his composure remained the same steady, unchanging shade of content it had been since he realized they needed to say goodbye, inside a whirlwind of emotions raged on like a heavy storm. Why does it have to be this hard? I made the right decision in joining my father in WindClan - why do I feel like I'm being punished for it? the apprentice thought, a sinking feeling clawing at his heart that once they were warriors and battle ready, he and Kestrelpaw might not be so close.

It was hard to turn away, but Jaypaw finally tore his gaze from the line of trees long after Kestrelpaw had left. He didn't quite feel like running, or getting back to camp in a hurry. Sure, Shiningfeather would probably be looking for him soon, but he couldn't quicken the sluggish pace of his pawsteps, his thin gray tail dragging in the soft grass behind him. High above, the weak sunlight barely warmed anything on the surface below, but at least the snow had all melted. Jaypaw hated the snow. Especially in WindClan, where everything was bare and open and the breeze could ravish the camp with no protection other than inside the den. He figured he would have to get used to it, and stop wanting to have a paw in both worlds.
Old February 8th, 2018, 02:21 PM
✶Stardust's Topaz✶

My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Approaching the border between WindClan and ThunderClan, the tom was almost anxiously dancing from paw to paw, glancing down at his young companion as they reached it. There had been tension between the two Clans, and Marshjump wasn't so sure they could count on a WindClanner being reasonable if an accident were to happen. A ThunderClan cat died here. Maybe more then one. Of course, he knew that more cats had died over the moons, but recently? It was a single death and a lack of blame to place it on that had started all this conflict. Then the old deputy of WindClan - Shrikecall - had died, and Blazingstar had placed the blame on ThunderClan. Back and forth, and back and forth... Marshjump just wished it would all stop. "Alright, Mintpaw. This is the border between us and WindClan - can you smell them from here?" He wanted to get her familiar with the scents of the other Clans first. Most WindClanners carried a sort of breezy smell, sometimes sweet and sometimes a little more rough, sometimes almost sunshiny... but it was always one that was pretty easily placed. Marshjump had had the least hard time picking out WindClan from all the different scents.

@Random Melody
Mintpaw's whiskers twitched curiously as they approached the WindClan border, her ears perking up thoughtfully, interested as she stared into the moor beyond the border. She halted beside Marshjump, uncertain whether to go any further since she wasn't completely sure how close the border was. So she stayed beside him, shifting her paws anxiously as she gazed into WindClan territory. "I think so," she mewed, narrowing her eyes and taking a big whiff of the air, opening her mouth to try and taste the scent. Ah, okay, that was a lot different from ThunderClan. While her Clan had a more woodsy scent, like the forest, WindClan had a sweeter tang to it. It was strong, though, no doubt, and so different from ThunderClan that it made her nose wrinkle slightly.

"Yeah, it's all..." Mintpaw trailed off, not quite sure how to describe exactly what she was smelling. "It's weird. Different, I guess, not like ThunderClan. It's... Breezy.." She narrowed her eyes. "Like... Ah, I can't explain it. I know I smell it, though.." She sighed, tilting her head faintly to the side as her ice blue eyes stared across the border before she looked up at her mentor, her best friend. "So they're... Our enemies?"

When Angels Fall With Broken Wings
I Can't Give Up, I Can't Give In
When All Is Lost And Daylight Ends
I'll Carry You, And We Will Live
Forever...

Profile picture drawn by my lovely girlfriend, Stardust
Old February 9th, 2018, 11:08 AM
The Madness King

My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty the bear View Post
@Broken Madness; (I forgot to tag you)
Birdpaw walked through the Windclan territory as she was on her way to the border. The Windclan apprentice had promised to meet a tom from Thunderclan at the battle, So she was a bit shaken to leave camp just to meet a tom. Birdpaw moved slowly to the border between the rival clans. The cat looked around at the Thunderclan side of the border in search for him. 'He's not here. Time to go home now,' thought Birdpaw.
Rosebird suddenly jumps out tackling Birdpaw to the ground “ hello daring miss me?” He purrs playfully as he licks her nose and gets off her. “ sorry for being late a friend of mine didn’t want for me to leave so I was forced to stay for a bit but I sneaked out and now I’m here”
Old February 9th, 2018, 11:15 AM
Angelique's Brother!

My Mood: Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Madness View Post
Rosebird suddenly jumps out tackling Birdpaw to the ground “ hello daring miss me?” He purrs playfully as he licks her nose and gets off her. “ sorry for being late a friend of mine didn’t want for me to leave so I was forced to stay for a bit but I sneaked out and now I’m here”
Birdpaw let out a squeak as Rosebird tackled her. "It wasn't to easy to come here myself. My clanmates wanted me to stay in camp. They had two cats gaurd me, but I snuck out the back of the medicine den." meowed Birdpaw, once Risebird got off of her. The apprentice smoothed down her pelt with her tongue.

Please know that your perfect no matter what gender, sexuality, etc is.

I'll only be on from 10:00 pm to 1:00 am my time.
Old February 9th, 2018, 11:35 AM
The Madness King

My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty the bear View Post

Birdpaw let out a squeak as Rosebird tackled her. "It wasn't to easy to come here myself. My clanmates wanted me to stay in camp. They had two cats gaurd me, but I snuck out the back of the medicine den." meowed Birdpaw, once Risebird got off of her. The apprentice smoothed down her pelt with her tongue.
He laughs softly “ a rebel cute” he says playfully as he begins to sit down. “ well we’re here.. what now my dear?”
Old February 9th, 2018, 11:41 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Melody View Post
Mintpaw's whiskers twitched curiously as they approached the WindClan border, her ears perking up thoughtfully, interested as she stared into the moor beyond the border. She halted beside Marshjump, uncertain whether to go any further since she wasn't completely sure how close the border was. So she stayed beside him, shifting her paws anxiously as she gazed into WindClan territory. "I think so," she mewed, narrowing her eyes and taking a big whiff of the air, opening her mouth to try and taste the scent. Ah, okay, that was a lot different from ThunderClan. While her Clan had a more woodsy scent, like the forest, WindClan had a sweeter tang to it. It was strong, though, no doubt, and so different from ThunderClan that it made her nose wrinkle slightly.

"Yeah, it's all..." Mintpaw trailed off, not quite sure how to describe exactly what she was smelling. "It's weird. Different, I guess, not like ThunderClan. It's... Breezy.." She narrowed her eyes. "Like... Ah, I can't explain it. I know I smell it, though.." She sighed, tilting her head faintly to the side as her ice blue eyes stared across the border before she looked up at her mentor, her best friend. "So they're... Our enemies?"

A grin broke across his face as Mintpaw tried to explain the scent of WindClan. He remembered trying to describe it himself, and getting frustrated when he couldn’t find just the right word to say. His mentor had been pretty understanding about it, but hadn’t been quite as tolerant as Marshjump himself and had eventually gotten annoyed with the younger cat’s antics. ”That sounds about right to me, Mintpaw. Just as long as you can pick that scent out, you should be fine.” His smile faded when she spoke again, and he avoided making eye contact with her for just a little bit, staring out across the moors. Marshjump didn’t like the word “enemy.” It made him think about battle, and harsh words, and things like that. All things that the warrior would have rather forgotten about. He glanced down at Mintpaw with a more solemn expression now. ”Yeah. They’re our enemies.” Just saying that gave him a shudder down his spine. He didn’t want them to be enemies. He wished, he wished, that WindClan was more pleasant. That the other Clan had never killed a ThunderClan warrior, that the bloodshed that was sure to come would be avoided. He couldn’t really blame either leader for it - it had just happened, and now there was no stopping it. That was what really scared Marshjump. How different it seemed to be in a time of almost-war. And he knew it wasn’t safe to be near this border for very long.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old February 9th, 2018, 11:56 AM
✶Stardust's Topaz✶

My Mood: Tired

Quote:
A grin broke across his face as Mintpaw tried to explain the scent of WindClan. He remembered trying to describe it himself, and getting frustrated when he couldn’t find just the right word to say. His mentor had been pretty understanding about it, but hadn’t been quite as tolerant as Marshjump himself and had eventually gotten annoyed with the younger cat’s antics. ”That sounds about right to me, Mintpaw. Just as long as you can pick that scent out, you should be fine.” His smile faded when she spoke again, and he avoided making eye contact with her for just a little bit, staring out across the moors. Marshjump didn’t like the word “enemy.” It made him think about battle, and harsh words, and things like that. All things that the warrior would have rather forgotten about. He glanced down at Mintpaw with a more solemn expression now. ”Yeah. They’re our enemies.” Just saying that gave him a shudder down his spine. He didn’t want them to be enemies. He wished, he wished, that WindClan was more pleasant. That the other Clan had never killed a ThunderClan warrior, that the bloodshed that was sure to come would be avoided. He couldn’t really blame either leader for it - it had just happened, and now there was no stopping it. That was what really scared Marshjump. How different it seemed to be in a time of almost-war. And he knew it wasn’t safe to be near this border for very long.
Mintpaw snorted slightly at the grin on Marshjump's face but the smile that spread across her own was enough to show she wasn't really annoyed. She gave up trying to describe the scent, nodding at his words. "Oh, good. I'll be able to pick it out," she assured both him and herself, shaking out her short fur. Her smile melted along with his, eyebrows furrowing ever so slightly as she looked up at him, her ears flicking back. "Oh," she murmured, shaking her head before stepping closer to him, lightly pressing her muzzle into his shoulder gently. "I hope this whole... Thing going on ends soon," she whispered, mostly to herself. Then she cleared her throat and pulled away, but she stayed close to him, glancing around. "So, now what?"

When Angels Fall With Broken Wings
I Can't Give Up, I Can't Give In
When All Is Lost And Daylight Ends
I'll Carry You, And We Will Live
Forever...

Profile picture drawn by my lovely girlfriend, Stardust