Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay > SkyClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Oopsie I tripped
by hades.
Last post by hades.
Today 05:10 PM
Why did they take you...
Last post by ChaosBringer.
Today 05:08 PM
velli's art trades
Last post by hades.
Today 05:05 PM
[victims needed!] judge,...
Last post by gs29513
Today 04:54 PM
Willow art please?
Last post by Rustleaf
Today 04:52 PM

Old December 2nd, 2017, 06:21 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: SkyClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
@Duskflight

Shinefang set his paws outside of Skyclan camp for the first time in what felt like ages. He honestly hadn't expected this job to be so busy, but there were injured cats to tend to, queens and kits to check on, and deputies to have long and tense conversations with. As a warrior, he had ventured out of camp daily, and he'd been busy most of the time then as well, but this was different. As a warrior, he hardly ever had to rush to eat, but now even that little bit of free time was hard to come by. He'd been meaning to go herb gathering for some time and now finally had a moment to do that, but he lingered outside the camp entrance just looking over the trees and think woods of the territory. His heart ached a little. It was lovely, but it wasn't the Skyclan that had been his home since he was a nursing kit. He did believe coming here was a good thing. It was good to be near the other clans, and he was grateful for his blooming freindships with Daydream and Juniperpaw, but still, sometimes he just wished he could visit his kits grave one more time. It was too late now, he supposed. He would never sit beside them again and tell them storied until he joined Starclan and became a twinkly foxheart himself. He sighed heavily and got to his feet, supposing he ought to get going. There would only be a few good harvests before leafbare.
Not long after the medicine cat had set a few pawsteps into the territory, did the sound of jogging pawsteps pursue him. "Greetings Shinefang!" Called out a friendly voice that most likely was very familiar to any cat in the clan. Soon enough, the brown tabby had caught up and was at his side with a cheery smile that seemed to always be there. It probably wasn't the best to be doing so much running with his two fairly deep wounds, but Grousestar hardly seemed to notice the pain, if there was any, from the quick movement.
"I hope you won't mind if I tagged along? I missed out on my morning walk today and figured that this would be a good substitute."
Of course that wasn't the only reason he wanted to tag along, but he figured it would sound a bit weird to say that he wished to get to know the tom better. Because truthfully, he did want to get to know Shinefang better. He would guiltily admit that he hadn't really known Ebonyfrost all that well and had hardly spoken to the medicine cat during her time in the den. He wanted to change that. He wanted to be as close to the medicine cat as he was his deputy. And well, he wanted to be close to every cat in the clan, though that was very unlikely for there were still some cats who were likely unhappy about his leadership.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old December 2nd, 2017, 10:00 PM
Crazy Fox Lover

My Mood: Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
"I know I'm growing on you, Marblestrike." Palmettoleaf winked in an overconfident manner, before settling down in a more comfortable position near the she cat. Still, just out of respect, he gave her a decent amount of room. He figured she deserved that much. Besides, from the signals she was giving off, if Palmettoleaf wasn't mistaken he would say that she wasn't too happy to see him. That, and her tone of voice told him that. Maybe he should show some respect for the she cat. "What do I want?" If you were listening very closely, you might be able to hear some amount of what sounded like anger in the tom's voice. He was frustrated. The question bothered him. Marblestrike had practically disappeared, or had been avoiding him - whatever was going on, and he had been worried about her, and now that he had found her, she was asking him what he wanted?

Something was clearly wrong, and Palmettoleaf was worried about his friend. "Fine. Since you ask, I want to know why you've been avoiding me." The tom asked, his tail curled around his paws neatly. His eyes were narrowed into almost - not quite, but almost slits, as he examined the she cat. It was hard to stay positive and friendly when he had thought they were friends before, only to find out that oh, whatever he'd been thinking? It was a lie. "And don't lie, because this-" He gestured to the area around them that he knew was her safe spot - "is avoiding me." The tom finished with a satisfied smile. He was almost proud of himself for figuring this out, but he was pretty sure Marblestrike was nowhere near impressed with his guess. She seemed angry with him. What right did she have to be angry with him?! He'd just been trying to find her, trying to spend some time with the former loner he thought of as his friend, but she was avoiding him like he was a sickness.

Like he was going to hurt her if she allowed herself to think of him as a friend, and Palmettoleaf didn't like that. He didn't want Marblestrike to fear him. He wanted her to think of him as a friend, and yet it seemed that every time he was friendly, something went wrong. Even last time things had gone wrong. He had learned more about Marblestrike then he had ever thought he would on a first meeting, but she still didn't trust him. Even with knowing all that, and wanting to be her friend so badly, she wouldn't just... believe that he wasn't going to hurt her. It was like she had something against him trying to give her happiness. What had happened? He knew about Slip, and he knew that she had been close to the tom, but wasn't there a way to move on even if it hurt? She needed to trust again. Open herself up. Change and make friends, because in the end, it would only help her - right?
(Wow my mind was running wild for this one lol)

Marblestrike wrinkled her nose in disgust at the tom's wink, denying the fact that Palmettoleaf actually did look quite attractive when doing so- but then again, the tom was attractive no matter what. But the molly preferred to ignore the fact that she found the tom handsome. It didn't mean anything, after all. Blue eyes warily took in the space between the two clanmates; Palmettoleaf had not sat too close to her, but she still would've liked if he was farther away. Say, back at camp instead? Yes, that was a good enough distance away. The mottled she-cat had to keep herself from nodding at this thought that she greatly approved of. She needed to work on hiding her thoughts more, thought at least when she did nod or have other reactions to her thoughts no cat would know what she was thinking. For the most part at least. It just made her more weird to the cats that saw her- snorting in the corner all alone. But Marble was never really the one to care what others thought of her. For all she could care they could think she was some giant bully. So long as she knew she wasn't a bully, she was fine.

The molly snapped back to the conversation when Palmettoleaf spoke once more- if she wasn't mistaken, that seemed to be a bit of anger in the tom's voice. Now, that was a surprise. She hadn't really thought this particular warrior to be one to anger quickly, but it seemed that maybe she was hitting some sort of nerve. She resisted the urge to hum out a response of 'Ahah!' when he finally did answer her question. So that was what was angering the tom. Marblestrike's eyes flashed when he called her out on purposely avoiding him. He wasn't some genius- she had implied that she was ignoring him just earlier as the first thing she said to him, actually- but he sure seemed to think he was. She openly rolled her eyes; she hadn't thought of the tom as egotistical either, but in this meeting he was proving to be very much so. But, now that she knew what was frustrating him... she could probably use that to make him leave. "Avoiding you," the molly laughed loudly and uncontrollably. She had learned that acting amused about something that clearly bothered another often would make them mad, and she was counting on Palmettoleaf's anger to get her out of this situation. "Now I see," she continued after her laughing fit. "You're just upset that I haven't been seeking you out. This-" she mocked the tom, gesturing around her clearing just as he had done a moment ago- "is me getting me time. It has nothing to do with you." It wasn't a complete lie; the stream was a spot she would go to even if Palmettoleaf wasn't in the picture. However he was certainly spot on when he said she was here to avoid him.

The warrior's mind reeled, thinking of the possible things to say. What would gain the best reaction? At least, the best reaction being what she was looking for- anger, and hopefully him storming off and leaving her alone for good. That's what she wanted, wasn't it?

Wasn't it?

Despite the answer not popping into her head immediately, like the way she thought it would, Marble continued with her venomous words. "Know what I think is really going on?" she continued, daring to lean towards the tom. Her tail lashed dangerously behind her. "I think your little feelings are hurt. Oh, yes, that's it! Poor little Palmetto's got a crush, and you don't like that I'm not all over you." A smile followed her words, but it was far from kind. "You just don't like that I don't care- and I don't." With a satisfied nod, the molly leaned back, sure he would leave now. After the harsh words that came spilling from her mouth, who wouldn't? She would've left if someone said that, even if they were completely lying- Marblestrike did care, but she didn't want to. She couldn't allow herself to care about the tom, couldn't let them become friends, so instead she had to push him away.

[COLOR="Pink"]I am an old user returning (and completely starting over). I may not remember you, if you do happen to remember me- I'm sorry!
|Character Site|
Old December 2nd, 2017, 11:17 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
Not long after the medicine cat had set a few pawsteps into the territory, did the sound of jogging pawsteps pursue him. "Greetings Shinefang!" Called out a friendly voice that most likely was very familiar to any cat in the clan. Soon enough, the brown tabby had caught up and was at his side with a cheery smile that seemed to always be there. It probably wasn't the best to be doing so much running with his two fairly deep wounds, but Grousestar hardly seemed to notice the pain, if there was any, from the quick movement.
"I hope you won't mind if I tagged along? I missed out on my morning walk today and figured that this would be a good substitute."
Of course that wasn't the only reason he wanted to tag along, but he figured it would sound a bit weird to say that he wished to get to know the tom better. Because truthfully, he did want to get to know Shinefang better. He would guiltily admit that he hadn't really known Ebonyfrost all that well and had hardly spoken to the medicine cat during her time in the den. He wanted to change that. He wanted to be as close to the medicine cat as he was his deputy. And well, he wanted to be close to every cat in the clan, though that was very unlikely for there were still some cats who were likely unhappy about his leadership.
Grousestar's voice snapped Shinefang out of his thoughts and he turned to see the brown tabby tom who commanded his beloved Skyclan padding up toward him. He couldn't help but spare a wary glance at the leader as he moved, but he didn't appear to be in any pain, and he'd been good about reapplying his poultices on schedule. "Grousestar," he returned the greeting with a nod. He heard the leader's proposal about joining him and replied, "Sure. I'm only going out to gather herbs, but it'll be nice to have company." Shinefang started off, moving slowly as he waited for Grousestar to cat up. "How are your wounds doing? Any pain?"

Old December 3rd, 2017, 01:32 PM
Lovable Cannibal

Quote:
Grousestar's voice snapped Shinefang out of his thoughts and he turned to see the brown tabby tom who commanded his beloved Skyclan padding up toward him. He couldn't help but spare a wary glance at the leader as he moved, but he didn't appear to be in any pain, and he'd been good about reapplying his poultices on schedule. "Grousestar," he returned the greeting with a nod. He heard the leader's proposal about joining him and replied, "Sure. I'm only going out to gather herbs, but it'll be nice to have company." Shinefang started off, moving slowly as he waited for Grousestar to cat up. "How are your wounds doing? Any pain?"
Falling in step by the older tom, even though Grousestar himself wasn't as young as he used to be; though he did seem just as energetic as he was when he was a young warrior. That was a blessing it seemed, for many warriors never really seemed to keep the same energy and love from when they were fresh warriors. You had to think, what was it that kept him going? What kept him so happy, so fully of life? Or was that how he always was? As friendly and outgoing as he was, and still is, he never actually made a lot of friends in the nursery; instead, he had spent a good majority of the time off doing his own thing, sneaking into the warriors den and elders den to hear their stories. He had always loved a good story, and he still did.
"How fun! I've never had the pleasure of accompanying a medicine cat on one of their herb-gathering adventures." He purred out with what seemed like a truly excited grin. Not many warriors found the task exciting at all, in fact, they'd likely find it rather boring and would much rather be out patrolling or hunting. Grousestar? He found interest in nearly everything, but then again, that was a pretty well known fact wasn't it?
"Oh they're doing fine, I think they're healing up pretty nicely. The only time they bother me is when I'm trying to rest, but even that is starting to go away now." He reported to the medicine cat, his paws stepping lightly on the bed of dead leaves that coated the ground, hardly even making a sound. "How are you enjoying the position by the way?" Turning his head, he'd look over at Shinefang curiously. Sure the tom had been the one to suggest it, but that didn't mean he was going to like it. He hoped that Shinefang liked what he did, but there was always the possibility that he hated it. Hated having the responsibility of other cat's lives in his paws. Sometimes even Grousestar hated the responsibility he was burdened with, but then he reminded himself of his love for his clan and the hate would dissipate. Was it the same for Shinefang?

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old December 3rd, 2017, 03:51 PM
Angelique's Brother!

My Mood: Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
"Yes, it is," Feathersong agreed, seating herself down and looking at Streampaw. "Now, I want you to tell me what you can sense- what you smell, what you hear." Yes, this was a rather good approach to hunting, at least it was for the molly when she was learning how to hunt. Next, she could check out Streampaw's hunting crouch and touch that up a bit, and then... then, Streampaw could try to catch this squirrel she apparently wanted to find so badly. A small smile reappeared on the molly's face- seeing the younger feline so happy made her joyous in return. Plus, so far everything was going great! The normally excited apprentice was even staying calm- and the warrior was thankful for the effort being put into that. I have a wonderful apprentice, the tabby thought thankfully. What if she had to mentor a cat she didn't get along with? That would have been simply awful- so she was quite happy that the cat she was paired with ended up being like another daughter to Feathersong.
Streampaw closed her eyes, sniffing the air to find anything with her ears spiked to hear things. "I smell three Squirrels, a couple of birds wait sparrows to be exact, and a three or four mice. I can hear them all around me." meowed Streampaw, opening her eyes to look at her mentor. The young apprentice watched as one of the squirrel's ran past her. "Now there's only one Squirrel." the molly said, dipping her head to Feathersong. Don't chase after that squirrel. Don't go after that squirrel Streampaw. Streampaw stayed where she was even though her paws were aching to go after that squirrel.

Please know that your perfect no matter what gender, sexuality, etc is.

I'll only be on from 10:00 pm to 1:00 am my time.
Old December 3rd, 2017, 03:51 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Falling in step by the older tom, even though Grousestar himself wasn't as young as he used to be; though he did seem just as energetic as he was when he was a young warrior. That was a blessing it seemed, for many warriors never really seemed to keep the same energy and love from when they were fresh warriors. You had to think, what was it that kept him going? What kept him so happy, so fully of life? Or was that how he always was? As friendly and outgoing as he was, and still is, he never actually made a lot of friends in the nursery; instead, he had spent a good majority of the time off doing his own thing, sneaking into the warriors den and elders den to hear their stories. He had always loved a good story, and he still did.
"How fun! I've never had the pleasure of accompanying a medicine cat on one of their herb-gathering adventures." He purred out with what seemed like a truly excited grin. Not many warriors found the task exciting at all, in fact, they'd likely find it rather boring and would much rather be out patrolling or hunting. Grousestar? He found interest in nearly everything, but then again, that was a pretty well known fact wasn't it?
"Oh they're doing fine, I think they're healing up pretty nicely. The only time they bother me is when I'm trying to rest, but even that is starting to go away now." He reported to the medicine cat, his paws stepping lightly on the bed of dead leaves that coated the ground, hardly even making a sound. "How are you enjoying the position by the way?" Turning his head, he'd look over at Shinefang curiously. Sure the tom had been the one to suggest it, but that didn't mean he was going to like it. He hoped that Shinefang liked what he did, but there was always the possibility that he hated it. Hated having the responsibility of other cat's lives in his paws. Sometimes even Grousestar hated the responsibility he was burdened with, but then he reminded himself of his love for his clan and the hate would dissipate. Was it the same for Shinefang?
Fun? Not exactly how most cats would describe walking around the territory just to collect herbs, he thought to himself as he walked along the leaf-strewn forest floor. Shinefang wondered briefly if the tom had some kind of agenda in joining him for his herb gathering. After all, Auroraflame clearly didn't trust him in the medicine cat position and he'd lost his first patient mere days ago. Acornpaw had wandered into his den with a head injury and bleeding scalp. He'd treated the bleeding, made the apprentice comfortable, and told him he'd be up and about in a couple of days once his wounds were healed and his head was feeling better. Instead, he'd died in his sleep that night. The walk to the center of the clearing for the vigil had been been rife with shame. He'd failed that apprentice. The humiliation had been worsened by the Shadowclan and Riverclan medicine cat arriving just in time to see his little tantrum when he discovered the apprentice was dead. Did Grousestar also wonder if he was fit for this? Surely the deputy and leader wouldn't necessarily agree on everything, but he'd clearly demonstrated an impressive failure recently. "Good, good," he answered hollowly to Grousestar's report regarding his wounds. "Don't hesitate to come see me if it gets worse." When Grousestar asked about his enjoyment of his new position as a medicine cat, the old tom gave a small chuckle. "Let me tell you, Grousestar, it is not as easy as it looks. I'm doing the best I can with what I know, and if a cat comes in with a bleeding wound, I can help, no problem. The trouble is that I'm trying to help a cat who's sick, and they don't have greencough, I don't always know how to help, and I know a lot of the herbs but not all of them." There was no point in lying to the leader, and if he already had negative opinions of his abilities, there was nothing he could say to change that. Well, perhaps there was one thing... "But the good news is that I've made my trip to the Starcave. The twinkly foxhearts have said I'm legit. And Daydream has agreed to teach me some of the things I don't know yet. Oh yeah, the Shadowclan medicine cat has their new name now, so that's exciting."

Old December 3rd, 2017, 04:20 PM
Lovable Cannibal

Quote:
Fun? Not exactly how most cats would describe walking around the territory just to collect herbs, he thought to himself as he walked along the leaf-strewn forest floor. Shinefang wondered briefly if the tom had some kind of agenda in joining him for his herb gathering. After all, Auroraflame clearly didn't trust him in the medicine cat position and he'd lost his first patient mere days ago. Acornpaw had wandered into his den with a head injury and bleeding scalp. He'd treated the bleeding, made the apprentice comfortable, and told him he'd be up and about in a couple of days once his wounds were healed and his head was feeling better. Instead, he'd died in his sleep that night. The walk to the center of the clearing for the vigil had been been rife with shame. He'd failed that apprentice. The humiliation had been worsened by the Shadowclan and Riverclan medicine cat arriving just in time to see his little tantrum when he discovered the apprentice was dead. Did Grousestar also wonder if he was fit for this? Surely the deputy and leader wouldn't necessarily agree on everything, but he'd clearly demonstrated an impressive failure recently. "Good, good," he answered hollowly to Grousestar's report regarding his wounds. "Don't hesitate to come see me if it gets worse." When Grousestar asked about his enjoyment of his new position as a medicine cat, the old tom gave a small chuckle. "Let me tell you, Grousestar, it is not as easy as it looks. I'm doing the best I can with what I know, and if a cat comes in with a bleeding wound, I can help, no problem. The trouble is that I'm trying to help a cat who's sick, and they don't have greencough, I don't always know how to help, and I know a lot of the herbs but not all of them." There was no point in lying to the leader, and if he already had negative opinions of his abilities, there was nothing he could say to change that. Well, perhaps there was one thing... "But the good news is that I've made my trip to the Starcave. The twinkly foxhearts have said I'm legit. And Daydream has agreed to teach me some of the things I don't know yet. Oh yeah, the Shadowclan medicine cat has their new name now, so that's exciting."
Acornpaw's death hadn't gone unnoticed by the leader, in fact, he was there at the vigil, though had chosen not to bring it up to the medicine cat. It was bound to happen, to have a cat die in your care; even the best of medicine cats can't save every patient. There was no reason to bring it up to Shinefang, it wouldn't solve anything nor would it bring the apprentice back. The tom had did his best given the circumstances and his own knowledge, and that's all Grousestar could ask for of him. And he had also heard of two other medicine cats visiting the clan, though he hadn't known from which clans. He would have stopped in and said hello, but he believed it best to let them do their business with each other, whatever that might be.
"Of course." The leader meowed with a reaffirming nod; he was one cat that Shinefang wouldn't have to worry about in terms of not coming to see him if he had any sort of injury or worsening of symptoms. As much as he despised some of the bitter herbs that he might have to eat, he knew that it would help him in the end, and it meant that he could stay strong for his clan.
The brown tabby's ears perked up when he heard the medicine cat respond to his question, his emerald gaze looking over at him as he answered. "That's all I can ask for Shinefang, that you do your best. You don't have to be perfect or know everything, so long as you're able to deal with it to the best of your ability and don't give up, then I'm happy." Of course he preferred to have a cat with full knowledge in the position, he was just glad that they had a medicine cat and weren't left completely without one. Though the leader did seem to brighten upon hearing that he had made the journey to the Starcave, and that the Shadowclan medicine cat agreed to teach him some things as well. "That's great news to hear! I will have to personally thank Daydream myself then. And I knew you would be a fine choice, even if you aren't too fond of Starclan. Perhaps it will change one day, perhaps not, but I believe you were a good choice."

Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old December 3rd, 2017, 05:39 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Acornpaw's death hadn't gone unnoticed by the leader, in fact, he was there at the vigil, though had chosen not to bring it up to the medicine cat. It was bound to happen, to have a cat die in your care; even the best of medicine cats can't save every patient. There was no reason to bring it up to Shinefang, it wouldn't solve anything nor would it bring the apprentice back. The tom had did his best given the circumstances and his own knowledge, and that's all Grousestar could ask for of him. And he had also heard of two other medicine cats visiting the clan, though he hadn't known from which clans. He would have stopped in and said hello, but he believed it best to let them do their business with each other, whatever that might be.
"Of course." The leader meowed with a reaffirming nod; he was one cat that Shinefang wouldn't have to worry about in terms of not coming to see him if he had any sort of injury or worsening of symptoms. As much as he despised some of the bitter herbs that he might have to eat, he knew that it would help him in the end, and it meant that he could stay strong for his clan.
The brown tabby's ears perked up when he heard the medicine cat respond to his question, his emerald gaze looking over at him as he answered. "That's all I can ask for Shinefang, that you do your best. You don't have to be perfect or know everything, so long as you're able to deal with it to the best of your ability and don't give up, then I'm happy." Of course he preferred to have a cat with full knowledge in the position, he was just glad that they had a medicine cat and weren't left completely without one. Though the leader did seem to brighten upon hearing that he had made the journey to the Starcave, and that the Shadowclan medicine cat agreed to teach him some things as well. "That's great news to hear! I will have to personally thank Daydream myself then. And I knew you would be a fine choice, even if you aren't too fond of Starclan. Perhaps it will change one day, perhaps not, but I believe you were a good choice."
"You ought to," he said, amused at the idea of the grouch of a Shadowclan cat interacting with upbeat and friendly Grousestar. He mischievously though of how fun it would be to watch that conversation. "They're a character all right, but they know their stuff." Shinefang wasn't generally the type of cat to put to much stock in compliments and praise. He didn't need to be told he was doing a good job. He either knew it already or knew the cat giving the compliment was lying. There was no hint of a lie in Grousestar's voice. The brown tabby truly seemed to understand and truly seemed to believe he had not only been the best choice given what Skyclan had, but a good choice. In truth, he really had expected this new rank to be easier, but he felt like he'd been fumbling his way through at best but he wanted to do better, and he believed he could. "Thanks, Grousestar," the old tom said, sincerity in his voice. "I've gotta tell you too, when I was a warrior, I at least always found time to eat. It's a lot harder than it looks," he added with a light chuckle. "But I'm working on that. I'm thinking I'll teach a few cats some basic herbs to heal wounds. The stuff I know pretty well. That way, I have some cats to lend a paw every now and again. And besides, if I don't make it through leafbare, Skyclan will at least have a few cats that can do that much." He knew it was grim, but he was just being honest. "Don't get me wrong. I plan on surviving several more leafbares. But at my age, you have to think about these sorts of things." Shinefang didn't expect Grousestar to understand. Shinefang had been older than Grousestar was now when the tabby tom was still a squirming kit in the nursery. He had a lot more life ahead of him before he had to worry about the end drawing near. Suddenly, Shinefang caught a whiff of something sweet in the air and began looking around. "Hmm. I can smell chervil around here somewhere. It'll look kind of like a fern. It's that sweet smell. Can you smell it?" he asked.

Old December 3rd, 2017, 06:19 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
(Wow my mind was running wild for this one lol)

Marblestrike wrinkled her nose in disgust at the tom's wink, denying the fact that Palmettoleaf actually did look quite attractive when doing so- but then again, the tom was attractive no matter what. But the molly preferred to ignore the fact that she found the tom handsome. It didn't mean anything, after all. Blue eyes warily took in the space between the two clanmates; Palmettoleaf had not sat too close to her, but she still would've liked if he was farther away. Say, back at camp instead? Yes, that was a good enough distance away. The mottled she-cat had to keep herself from nodding at this thought that she greatly approved of. She needed to work on hiding her thoughts more, thought at least when she did nod or have other reactions to her thoughts no cat would know what she was thinking. For the most part at least. It just made her more weird to the cats that saw her- snorting in the corner all alone. But Marble was never really the one to care what others thought of her. For all she could care they could think she was some giant bully. So long as she knew she wasn't a bully, she was fine.

The molly snapped back to the conversation when Palmettoleaf spoke once more- if she wasn't mistaken, that seemed to be a bit of anger in the tom's voice. Now, that was a surprise. She hadn't really thought this particular warrior to be one to anger quickly, but it seemed that maybe she was hitting some sort of nerve. She resisted the urge to hum out a response of 'Ahah!' when he finally did answer her question. So that was what was angering the tom. Marblestrike's eyes flashed when he called her out on purposely avoiding him. He wasn't some genius- she had implied that she was ignoring him just earlier as the first thing she said to him, actually- but he sure seemed to think he was. She openly rolled her eyes; she hadn't thought of the tom as egotistical either, but in this meeting he was proving to be very much so. But, now that she knew what was frustrating him... she could probably use that to make him leave. "Avoiding you," the molly laughed loudly and uncontrollably. She had learned that acting amused about something that clearly bothered another often would make them mad, and she was counting on Palmettoleaf's anger to get her out of this situation. "Now I see," she continued after her laughing fit. "You're just upset that I haven't been seeking you out. This-" she mocked the tom, gesturing around her clearing just as he had done a moment ago- "is me getting me time. It has nothing to do with you." It wasn't a complete lie; the stream was a spot she would go to even if Palmettoleaf wasn't in the picture. However he was certainly spot on when he said she was here to avoid him.

The warrior's mind reeled, thinking of the possible things to say. What would gain the best reaction? At least, the best reaction being what she was looking for- anger, and hopefully him storming off and leaving her alone for good. That's what she wanted, wasn't it?

Wasn't it?

Despite the answer not popping into her head immediately, like the way she thought it would, Marble continued with her venomous words. "Know what I think is really going on?" she continued, daring to lean towards the tom. Her tail lashed dangerously behind her. "I think your little feelings are hurt. Oh, yes, that's it! Poor little Palmetto's got a crush, and you don't like that I'm not all over you." A smile followed her words, but it was far from kind. "You just don't like that I don't care- and I don't." With a satisfied nod, the molly leaned back, sure he would leave now. After the harsh words that came spilling from her mouth, who wouldn't? She would've left if someone said that, even if they were completely lying- Marblestrike did care, but she didn't want to. She couldn't allow herself to care about the tom, couldn't let them become friends, so instead she had to push him away.

A hidden flash of frustration passed through Palmettoleaf's eyes, though it was well-disguised by the friendly smile that came onto his features at the same time. Getting angry with Marblestrike would do nothing in this situation. The warrior was well aware that she was trying to get under his skin and at the moment, it was working. His tail curled around his body, framing the left side of it neatly, cutting off just short of his head. It was like a barrier keeping him away from the multicolored she cat, trying to keep him from lashing out at her - or was it there to keep her from lashing out at him? Either way, it was nothing more then a safety precaution. Because sometimes Palmettoleaf felt scared of the cat. Yes, he knew she was hurt. Yes, he knew that she needed company more then anything else at this point, but she either a) didn't know it, b) was ignoring that fact, or c) was acting like this because it was a silent cry for help.

The tom wanted to help her. More then anything he wished he could have that same connection he'd felt the day he'd met her - a friendly connection, that was. Either she didn't share that feeling of connection or she did and was ignoring it because she was uncomfortable with the fact that Palmettoleaf seemed to be able to tell when she was hurting. The tom's eyes widened a little at her denial that it had anything to do with him. "Well if this is your 'me time' -" The words were spoken in a sorry attempt to keep from mocking her, but bitterness at her denial showing through - "-then what about the last few days? Surely you haven't been by yourself all that time. You could've at least said hello once or twice." Bitterness faded away to make room for hurt. The tom was truly sad that the cat he considered a friend hadn't even once tried to reach out to him and at least say that she appreciated his efforts from before.

They'd gotten along fine that day. So then, why had she ignored him these past few days? Why was she trying so hard to go to any length to pretend he didn't exist? Frustration shone in his green eyes, though he tried desperately to hide it with another, this time sadder, smile. It didn't work as well as he had hoped, however. The sadness was still there and Palmettoleaf wasn't quite sure how to cover it up with fake happiness. Her accusation didn't make things any better for him, either. Today was clearly not a day to mess with Marblestrike. She spoke with venom in her voice and anger in her eyes, both of which he knew were her defense mechanisms. If only he could get past her guard again. Answer softly. Answer nicely. She responded better to that before, maybe she would again. The frustration, sadness, and even anger faded from his eyes to make room for a new gentleness. He got to his paws, moving a little closer so that he could touch Marblestrike's shoulder with his tail. "I know you don't mean that, Marble." The nickname she had given him before was used in this moment, trying to add a softer touch to the conversation.

She was so guarded and hurt. Was this all a result of Slip's death? Or had something else happened after that? Surely a death of a loved one was one way to cocoon someone off from the rest of the world, but had no one tried to help her during that oh-so-fragile state?Had no one reached out to her, tried to help her through it? It would appear that no one had, and that made Palmettoleaf's heart hurt more then any cruel words she could have said to him. "You do care. Or you would be running away from me. If you really didn't care, or like me at all, Marblestrike - you wouldn't have shown me this place in the first place. And as soon as you saw me, you would have gone somewhere else where I would have had to find you again. So I know you didn't mean any of that." The tom gave her another, gentle smile. He was glad that she hadn't meant it. He knew what someone not caring looked like, and this?

This wasn't it. If she didn't care about him, she wouldn't use harsh words to get him to go away, would she? Wouldn't she just ignore him? Pretend he didn't exist? Like she's been doing, he thought with a sinking feeling. So maybe his quick judgement had been a stab in the dark. But if there was even a sliver of hope that he was right, he was going to take it and hold onto it for as long as possible until he was proven wrong.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old December 3rd, 2017, 10:29 PM
Lovable Cannibal

Quote:
"You ought to," he said, amused at the idea of the grouch of a Shadowclan cat interacting with upbeat and friendly Grousestar. He mischievously though of how fun it would be to watch that conversation. "They're a character all right, but they know their stuff." Shinefang wasn't generally the type of cat to put to much stock in compliments and praise. He didn't need to be told he was doing a good job. He either knew it already or knew the cat giving the compliment was lying. There was no hint of a lie in Grousestar's voice. The brown tabby truly seemed to understand and truly seemed to believe he had not only been the best choice given what Skyclan had, but a good choice. In truth, he really had expected this new rank to be easier, but he felt like he'd been fumbling his way through at best but he wanted to do better, and he believed he could. "Thanks, Grousestar," the old tom said, sincerity in his voice. "I've gotta tell you too, when I was a warrior, I at least always found time to eat. It's a lot harder than it looks," he added with a light chuckle. "But I'm working on that. I'm thinking I'll teach a few cats some basic herbs to heal wounds. The stuff I know pretty well. That way, I have some cats to lend a paw every now and again. And besides, if I don't make it through leafbare, Skyclan will at least have a few cats that can do that much." He knew it was grim, but he was just being honest. "Don't get me wrong. I plan on surviving several more leafbares. But at my age, you have to think about these sorts of things." Shinefang didn't expect Grousestar to understand. Shinefang had been older than Grousestar was now when the tabby tom was still a squirming kit in the nursery. He had a lot more life ahead of him before he had to worry about the end drawing near. Suddenly, Shinefang caught a whiff of something sweet in the air and began looking around. "Hmm. I can smell chervil around here somewhere. It'll look kind of like a fern. It's that sweet smell. Can you smell it?" he asked.
"I think I just might!" Purred out the tom as he thought about it before seeming to nod his head in confirmation. The next time he caught sight of the Shadowclan medicine cat he would be sure to thank them, after all, he's hardly met Daydream and it is truly a kind act for them to be teaching Shinefang a few things. Marking it down on his mental 'to do' list, he pushed it to the back of his mind to make way for the current conversation he was having. "That is good, I'm sure they'll be able to teach you well then." While Shinefang wasn't one much for giving praise, Grousestar was the complete opposite. He believed giving praise to others was a quintessential thing when trying to keep moral and spirits high, while also just keeping everyone in a generally happy, good mood. It improved performance; not only that but, big surprise here, he was just a kind cat who couldn't help but give kind words where he saw fit. He saw nothing wrong in giving praise to others where it was due.
As Shinefang thanked him, he dipped his head with a bright smile. "No need to thank me Shinefang. And yes, I think I understand you with that bit.
I don't think I quite new what I was signing up for when I stepped up to take Lemonstar's place.
" He chuckled out quietly, shaking his head, his gaze shifting to look in front of him instead of over at the other tom. He was much more naive when he was deputy and while he did still hold some of that characteristic, it has been dulled down.
"Oh? That's a fantastic idea!" The leader paused as he heard what the older tom mentioned next, his smile faltering and his eyes glancing over to look at him. Don't say that... His mind whispered in a painfully pitiful voice. Grousestar hated the pain that came with losing someone, hated the grief that tore at his heart. It always hurt him, even if he hardly knew the cat. It hurts him when a member of Skyclan dies. Shinefang continued on before he could get too saddened by the idea, but the fear that one day Shinefang would pass on to Starclan was still tugging at him. He didn't want to think about it, didn't want it to happen. "You still have plenty of seasons left in you my friend." He meowed in a quieter tone, looking back ahead. The thought of losing the tom next to him brought him back to the time when his life was the darkest. When his parents passed on, in the elders den, right next to each other. His throat tightened slightly and he could feel a slight stinging in his eyes.
Clearing his throat as his attention was brought back to reality, he looked around for a moment before taking a scent as Shinefang noted the apparent sweet smell of chervil. The smell really didn't hit his nose right away and it took a bit of straining before he could pick it out from beneath the distant smell of squirrel, of dead leaves and other various forest smells. "Why yes, I think I do!"

Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?