Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay > SkyClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
just when i thought i...
by hades.
Last post by Bean
Today 05:53 PM
A Very Impulsively Made...
Last post by Yoshdo
Today 05:43 PM
Claw Clash Combat...
by Bean
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 05:39 PM
A Blast to the Past [P]
by Bean
Last post by blxze.
Today 05:35 PM
Just Hold On Like You'll...
by Dark
Last post by Mica
Today 05:25 PM

Old June 15th, 2018, 06:14 AM
boo

My Mood: Happy

Default Re: SkyClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
A high-pitched voice exploded in the clearing, shattering the early morning stillness and making the old tom's fur stand up along his spine and his tail puff out to twice its size. "Starclan!" Shinefang hissed to himself, turning to see a familiar, colorful, patchy pelt. It was that little shecat apprentice from yesterday, Ringpaw. She was bounding toward him and practically announcing to all four clans that he was up and about. Then his worst fear came true. The little shecat asked a question about his health. Ignoring his joints as they screamed in protest, he closed the now small gap between himself and the apprentice in a flash and folded his tail over her muzzle. "Shhhh!" he hissed, hurriedly peering around the clearing to see if any other cats were stirring after her alarm call. When there was no other noise, he relaxed and glared at Ringpaw, his orange eye burning with warning as he lifted a paw to his lips, a signal to be quiet, and dropped his tail. He jerked his head in the direction of the camp exit to tell her to follow him and continued to shamble on into the territory.

(You may either move us or post her and I'll move us at my turn.)
(Don’t worry, I got this. :3)

Ringpaw was about to apologize when his large tail was thwacked in her face. Letting out a small noise of alarm, she looked up at Shinefang. He was telling her to be quiet.
When he glanced uncertainly around camp. She followed his eyes.
Nope. No one out yet! She thought to herself. When his tail was removed, slowly, she began to chatter once more.
Catching herself this time, Ringpaw instantly plugged her flow of questions and other such nonsense.
Trailing silently after the old yellow tom, she folded herself through the small barrier around camp. Ducking under something, a branch perhaps, she soon was able to get outside.
Once she broke through, the sun seemed a bit brighter here. She knew that was ridiculous, but the trees somehow bounced the morning’s sunlight through the leaves and branches.
“So... can I talk?” She meowed. After waiting a secon, she began.
Why are you out so early? Where are we going? To Shadowclan? Why are you limping?” Her Questions more or less continued, but she drained them out after that.
Stomping happily through the woods, she pounced on any leaf she saw. Which, frankly, was everything. Her paws landed on one in particular, a pretty yellow-speckled leaf with a red stem.
Stopping mid-leap, she picked it up with her mouth. Thankfully, it was still damp from the morning dew, so she put it on her back where it could dry out.
At least that would stop her from horsing around. She had a leaf to take care of!
Smiling, she trotted back to Shinefang, flaunting her leaf.

~pom~

i don’t really think i’ll be active that much anymore - check out my free art requests!

Old June 15th, 2018, 07:41 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Fishie View Post

(Don’t worry, I got this. :3)

Ringpaw was about to apologize when his large tail was thwacked in her face. Letting out a small noise of alarm, she looked up at Shinefang. He was telling her to be quiet.
When he glanced uncertainly around camp. She followed his eyes.
Nope. No one out yet! She thought to herself. When his tail was removed, slowly, she began to chatter once more.
Catching herself this time, Ringpaw instantly plugged her flow of questions and other such nonsense.
Trailing silently after the old yellow tom, she folded herself through the small barrier around camp. Ducking under something, a branch perhaps, she soon was able to get outside.
Once she broke through, the sun seemed a bit brighter here. She knew that was ridiculous, but the trees somehow bounced the morning’s sunlight through the leaves and branches.
“So... can I talk?” She meowed. After waiting a secon, she began.
Why are you out so early? Where are we going? To Shadowclan? Why are you limping?” Her Questions more or less continued, but she drained them out after that.
Stomping happily through the woods, she pounced on any leaf she saw. Which, frankly, was everything. Her paws landed on one in particular, a pretty yellow-speckled leaf with a red stem.
Stopping mid-leap, she picked it up with her mouth. Thankfully, it was still damp from the morning dew, so she put it on her back where it could dry out.
At least that would stop her from horsing around. She had a leaf to take care of!
Smiling, she trotted back to Shinefang, flaunting her leaf.
Shinefang didn't answer her question about whether he was alright with her speaking. Not that it mattered. The apprentice began prattling all the same. Clenching his jaw tight to hide his wincing as he moved along the rocky, uneven ground, with aching legs. Thankfully she stopped her slew of questions and he was able to get a word in edgewise. "I'm getting an herb," he answered simply. A snort escaped him next. "That same reason I do most things: Because I'm old and sore!" he grouched. Thankfully, that was the end of her onslaught. Like the kit that she was, she was off chasing something or other on the uneven path. He didn't bother to look. The nearest comfrey plant wasn't far, but every step was becoming more agonizing. Sucking in a breath between his teeth he picked up his pace, unable of hold in low grunts of pain as he moved. He could smell the plant before he saw it, a clean and crisp smell. Then he spotted it on the top of a very low rise, no more than two tail lengths high. But to the old tom, it may as well have been the tallest tree in the woods. He looked up and the long leaves covered in fuzzy hairs that would sooth his joints enough for him to carry on with his day with minimal pain, and they were just out of reach. With a defeated, low groan Shinefang sank to the ground, yelping as he bent his legs and sank to lie on his side and stare up the remedy. [I]Maybe if I just rest a minute..." he thought to himself. But in his heart of hearts, he knew it wouldn't make a difference.

Old June 15th, 2018, 08:32 PM
boo

Quote:
Shinefang didn't answer her question about whether he was alright with her speaking. Not that it mattered. The apprentice began prattling all the same. Clenching his jaw tight to hide his wincing as he moved along the rocky, uneven ground, with aching legs. Thankfully she stopped her slew of questions and he was able to get a word in edgewise. "I'm getting an herb," he answered simply. A snort escaped him next. "That same reason I do most things: Because I'm old and sore!" he grouched. Thankfully, that was the end of her onslaught. Like the kit that she was, she was off chasing something or other on the uneven path. He didn't bother to look. The nearest comfrey plant wasn't far, but every step was becoming more agonizing. Sucking in a breath between his teeth he picked up his pace, unable of hold in low grunts of pain as he moved. He could smell the plant before he saw it, a clean and crisp smell. Then he spotted it on the top of a very low rise, no more than two tail lengths high. But to the old tom, it may as well have been the tallest tree in the woods. He looked up and the long leaves covered in fuzzy hairs that would sooth his joints enough for him to carry on with his day with minimal pain, and they were just out of reach. With a defeated, low groan Shinefang sank to the ground, yelping as he bent his legs and sank to lie on his side and stare up the remedy. [I]Maybe if I just rest a minute..." he thought to himself. But in his heart of hearts, he knew it wouldn't make a difference.
Ringpaw slowly followed behind him.
His grunts of pain echoed in her ears, and she wanted to ask him if he was okay. But, judging on how he reacted the last time, she should just shut her mouth and follow his lead.
After awhile, she turned back to playing with her leaf. Tossing it into the air with her tail, she let it flutter before slapping it to the ground with one coal black paw. She was able to balance now, and she couldn’t help but shoot a thankful glance at Shinefang for the balancing lesson.
Assaulting her leaf a few more times, the flurry of swats and jumps rattling the forest floor, she froze when she heard a thump and a defeated sigh.
Whipping her head around, her gaze cut through the tree stumps and shrubs until she saw a yellow tabby pelt between a bramble cover separating her and Shinefang.
Running over, her paws pounded on the ground until she rounded a bend and the tom came into view.
“Starclan! Are you okay?” She exclaimed loudly. She stepped forward to rest her tail on his flank, her mint green eyes staring into his one amber orb with intensity.
She had no idea what to do. Wasn’t he the medicine cat? Couldn’t he heal himself?
Letting out a guttural sound, she leaned forward to peer at his rattling back legs. She had heard him whimper, maybe he had wrenched a joint. One of the apprentices in her den had done that, it could happen to anyone apparently.
“Did you fall? Can you speak? Should I get help? What should I do?” She asked worriedly. Normally, she would have just smiled and let her clanmate go to the medicine den, and then pretend that everything was going to be okay.
But this time Shinefang couldn’t go to the medicine cat for help!
Her fur bristling, she followed his eyes to a leafy green plant. She had no idea what it was. Maybe he had... fainted at the sight of it? No. It looked very... not dramatic.
She scanned the ground for any stones behind him. She didn’t see any that could have been tripped on.
Shaking, her tail flicking rapidly, she peered at him as she waited for his response.

~pom~

i don’t really think i’ll be active that much anymore - check out my free art requests!

Old June 15th, 2018, 08:49 PM
Sigh...

Quote:

Ringpaw slowly followed behind him.
His grunts of pain echoed in her ears, and she wanted to ask him if he was okay. But, judging on how he reacted the last time, she should just shut her mouth and follow his lead.
After awhile, she turned back to playing with her leaf. Tossing it into the air with her tail, she let it flutter before slapping it to the ground with one coal black paw. She was able to balance now, and she couldn’t help but shoot a thankful glance at Shinefang for the balancing lesson.
Assaulting her leaf a few more times, the flurry of swats and jumps rattling the forest floor, she froze when she heard a thump and a defeated sigh.
Whipping her head around, her gaze cut through the tree stumps and shrubs until she saw a yellow tabby pelt between a bramble cover separating her and Shinefang.
Running over, her paws pounded on the ground until she rounded a bend and the tom came into view.
“Starclan! Are you okay?” She exclaimed loudly. She stepped forward to rest her tail on his flank, her mint green eyes staring into his one amber orb with intensity.
She had no idea what to do. Wasn’t he the medicine cat? Couldn’t he heal himself?
Letting out a guttural sound, she leaned forward to peer at his rattling back legs. She had heard him whimper, maybe he had wrenched a joint. One of the apprentices in her den had done that, it could happen to anyone apparently.
“Did you fall? Can you speak? Should I get help? What should I do?” She asked worriedly. Normally, she would have just smiled and let her clanmate go to the medicine den, and then pretend that everything was going to be okay.
But this time Shinefang couldn’t go to the medicine cat for help!
Her fur bristling, she followed his eyes to a leafy green plant. She had no idea what it was. Maybe he had... fainted at the sight of it? No. It looked very... not dramatic.
She scanned the ground for any stones behind him. She didn’t see any that could have been tripped on.
Shaking, her tail flicking rapidly, she peered at him as she waited for his response.
The medicine cat could feel the tiny vibrations int the earth as the apprentice raced up to him. He sighed as she laid her tail on his flank and bombarded him with questions. "I'm fine," he grumbled. "Just old and sore and... Straclan never grow old Ringpaw. I once fought against the the shades of dead, evil cats and helped to liberate the clans. Now look at me. I've been defeated by a ledge." Shinefang met the apprentice's gaze. She looked worried. He was scaring her. He frowned, peering over her head at the herb. "That's comfrey. I use it to keep the swelling and pain in my joints under control... I don't have anymore in my den," he admitted, his voice breaking near the end. He closed his orange eye. "I'll get it in a minute. I just need to rest for a second. I'll be able to manage then," he meowed, closing his eye so he wouldn't have to look at the younger cat's expression of concern. So he wouldn't have to feel her pity on his pelt. So this is what became of him? He had been a proud warrior once.

Last edited by Charmer; June 15th, 2018 at 08:50 PM.
Old June 15th, 2018, 09:02 PM
boo

Quote:
The medicine cat could feel the tiny vibrations int the earth as the apprentice raced up to him. He sighed as she laid her tail on his flank and bombarded him with questions. "I'm fine," he grumbled. "Just old and sore and... Straclan never grow old Ringpaw. I once fought against the the shades of dead, evil cats and helped to liberate the clans. Now look at me. I've been defeated by a ledge." Shinefang met the apprentice's gaze. She looked worried. He was scaring her. He frowned, peering over her head at the herb. "That's comfrey. I use it to keep the swelling and pain in my joints under control... I don't have anymore in my den," he admitted, his voice breaking near the end. He closed his orange eye. "I'll get it in a minute. I just need to rest for a second. I'll be able to manage then," he meowed, closing his eye so he wouldn't have to look at the younger cat's expression of concern. So he wouldn't have to feel her pity on his pelt. So this is what became of him? He had been a proud warrior once.
Ringpaw’s face fell into sadness. This tom... hmph! He was so... tragic. She reached out one paw, her mouth open slightly, but she pulled it away, along with her tail.
“Are you sure you’re okay? I... I can go get someone if I have to.” She meowed calmly. She wasn’t really assuring herself that he was okay, more of trying to grasp the situation.
She didn’t like this. He looked so horrible and almost... angry at himself! For what? Being old?
She shook her head at her foolishness. If he needed help, he would have told her so. She didn’t think he would lie. Sitting down, she closed her eyes and curled her tail around herself.
He needed to get up. She didn’t like him just lying here like he couldn’t get up. He just needed a break, that was all.
What would happen if he fell out here alone? And he couldn’t get back up? This time he was close to camp, someone would have found him eventually. But what if he had trekked farther? He could be stranded for hours.
She didn’t think he was useless. But if he only needed a break this time, what if he didn’t need another next time? Once more, she shook her head, harder this time so that her ears flapped.
Stop being silly, Ringpaw!
He had fallen. He needed to rest. He was obviously in pain. He said he could get back up. He was okay.
“When you’re ready, I think you should just grab the comfrey and head back to camp.” She suggested, daringly adding a reassuring smile.
Standing, she straightened her back to watch him.
He was slowly recovering, but his eye was closed. He probably wouldn’t appreciate if she forced him to get up.
Padding a bit farther, she remembered something with a shock.
“Rats! I left my leaf back there.” She joked dryly.

~pom~

Old June 15th, 2018, 09:26 PM
Sigh...

Quote:

Ringpaw’s face fell into sadness. This tom... hmph! He was so... tragic. She reached out one paw, her mouth open slightly, but she pulled it away, along with her tail.
“Are you sure you’re okay? I... I can go get someone if I have to.” She meowed calmly. She wasn’t really assuring herself that he was okay, more of trying to grasp the situation.
She didn’t like this. He looked so horrible and almost... angry at himself! For what? Being old?
She shook her head at her foolishness. If he needed help, he would have told her so. She didn’t think he would lie. Sitting down, she closed her eyes and curled her tail around herself.
He needed to get up. She didn’t like him just lying here like he couldn’t get up. He just needed a break, that was all.
What would happen if he fell out here alone? And he couldn’t get back up? This time he was close to camp, someone would have found him eventually. But what if he had trekked farther? He could be stranded for hours.
She didn’t think he was useless. But if he only needed a break this time, what if he didn’t need another next time? Once more, she shook her head, harder this time so that her ears flapped.
Stop being silly, Ringpaw!
He had fallen. He needed to rest. He was obviously in pain. He said he could get back up. He was okay.
“When you’re ready, I think you should just grab the comfrey and head back to camp.” She suggested, daringly adding a reassuring smile.
Standing, she straightened her back to watch him.
He was slowly recovering, but his eye was closed. He probably wouldn’t appreciate if she forced him to get up.
Padding a bit farther, she remembered something with a shock.
“Rats! I left my leaf back there.” She joked dryly.
Feeling her move a short distance away, Shinefang let his eye opened into a narrow slit and he stared up at the plant again. So close! but the way his joints were aching, even if he did manage to haul himself up to get them he would have to figure out a way to apply them to his joints before he could make his way back to camp. How was he supposed to do that, anyway? He couldn't even bend his legs enough to groom himself. How was he supposed to apply the leaves? He'd probably have to rest from the short climb anyway. He could be out here till sunhigh at this rate. He exhaled sharply and prepared himself to do something he hated doing...asking for help. "Ringpaw," he called. He waited, hoping to hear the sound of her footsteps as she padded closer. "I...I could really use a paw. See the leaves on the plant? You can probably see the thick stalks from here. If you could climb up there and bring down as many leaves as you can carry, I'll walk you through how to put them on my joints." He met the little cats eyes with his own. "Please?"

Old June 15th, 2018, 09:37 PM
boo

Quote:
Feeling her move a short distance away, Shinefang let his eye opened into a narrow slit and he stared up at the plant again. So close! but the way his joints were aching, even if he did manage to haul himself up to get them he would have to figure out a way to apply them to his joints before he could make his way back to camp. How was he supposed to do that, anyway? He couldn't even bend his legs enough to groom himself. How was he supposed to apply the leaves? He'd probably have to rest from the short climb anyway. He could be out here till sunhigh at this rate. He exhaled sharply and prepared himself to do something he hated doing...asking for help. "Ringpaw," he called. He waited, hoping to hear the sound of her footsteps as she padded closer. "I...I could really use a paw. See the leaves on the plant? You can probably see the thick stalks from here. If you could climb up there and bring down as many leaves as you can carry, I'll walk you through how to put them on my joints." He met the little cats eyes with his own. "Please?"
Ringpaw nodded, a smile on her face, even though she didn’t know why she was grinning slightly.
“I’m on it.” She meowed. If he was in pain, she could handle climbing up a slope. For Starclan’s sake, she had climbed a cliff yesterday! And so had Shinefang. He had better be okay after this.
Running up the hill, her paws sliding on the grass and leaves beneath her, she skidded to a halt by the plants.
It’s stem was a dark olive color, gracefully arching up into the sky with thick bases and gentle Frond-like leaves. They were fuzzy and appeared to be a pale variation of the stem. At the top, there was a small bunch of purple petals.
Ringpaw stared blankly at the plant. Should she grab the top?
He had only said leaves.
She took one tan paw and sliced the bottom of the stem, the long plant toppling at her feet.
Bending down, she grabbed the leave’s base with her jaw. Searching with her tongue, she felt her way down the leaf until her teeth found the notch. What now?
Bite. She clecnched her jaw until she felt the juices on her tongue.
Moving swiftly, she made quick work of the greenery. She grabbed a small amount, and quickly chomped down hard on a few more just in case.
Picking up the pile in her mouth, she turned around to stare down the hill at Shinefang.
Rushing down, she slid to a halt at his front side.
“What do I do now? Dry them?” She asked foolishly, thinking of the next step in herb sorting.
She pushed the leaves to the medicine cat, hoping she had enough.
Hopefully, he hadn’t meant the flowers too. They seemed useless, but if she was wrong and he had just forgotten to tell her about the petals on top, she would have to dash back up. It wasn’t that far, but she had no idea how to correctly trim the top section so that it wasn’t damaged.

~pom~

Last edited by pomegranate; June 15th, 2018 at 09:38 PM.
Old June 15th, 2018, 09:51 PM
Sigh...

Quote:

Ringpaw nodded, a smile on her face, even though she didn’t know why she was grinning slightly.
“I’m on it.” She meowed. If he was in pain, she could handle climbing up a slope. For Starclan’s sake, she had climbed a cliff yesterday! And so had Shinefang. He had better be okay after this.
Running up the hill, her paws sliding on the grass and leaves beneath her, she skidded to a halt by the plants.
It’s stem was a dark olive color, gracefully arching up into the sky with thick bases and gentle Frond-like leaves. They were fuzzy and appeared to be a pale variation of the stem. At the top, there was a small bunch of purple petals.
Ringpaw stared blankly at the plant. Should she grab the top?
He had only said leaves.
She took one tan paw and sliced the bottom of the stem, the long plant toppling at her feet.
Bending down, she grabbed the leave’s base with her jaw. Searching with her tongue, she felt her way down the leaf until her teeth found the notch. What now?
Bite. She clecnched her jaw until she felt the juices on her tongue.
Moving swiftly, she made quick work of the greenery. She grabbed a small amount, and quickly chomped down hard on a few more just in case.
Picking up the pile in her mouth, she turned around to stare down the hill at Shinefang.
Rushing down, she slid to a halt at his front side.
“What do I do now? Dry them?” She asked foolishly, thinking of the next step in herb sorting.
She pushed the leaves to the medicine cat, hoping she had enough.
Hopefully, he hadn’t meant the flowers too. They seemed useless, but if she was wrong and he had just forgotten to tell her about the petals on top, she would have to dash back up. It wasn’t that far, but she had no idea how to correctly trim the top section so that it wasn’t damaged.
He lifted his head as she took off and scaled the slope easily. Shinefang kept his eye on her as she noticed the delicate purple flowers jutting from the top of the plant. He said nothing, curious to see what she would do. Who she follow his instructions and get the leaves? Would she try to bring the flowers as well? Would she pat at the lovely and colorful little things like a kit and forget all about what he had asked? But to his relief, she picked a leaf and bit through the stalk, then another until she had a small bushel. He slid a paw under his chest to prop up his upper body and shook his head. "Comfrey is best when it's fresh," he told her. Then he lowered his head to the earth and nudged a furry and long leaf toward her. "Now, take a bite out of the fleshy part of a leaf and chew it until it's a past. It'll taste a little funny and be juicy but don't swallow. The juice is bad for your insides. When you've got it all chewed up, go ahead and spit it into your paw. See the big joint on my back leg?" he said, moving the limb ever so slightly. "You'll put it right on the joint."

Old June 15th, 2018, 09:59 PM
boo

Quote:
He lifted his head as she took off and scaled the slope easily. Shinefang kept his eye on her as she noticed the delicate purple flowers jutting from the top of the plant. He said nothing, curious to see what she would do. Who she follow his instructions and get the leaves? Would she try to bring the flowers as well? Would she pat at the lovely and colorful little things like a kit and forget all about what he had asked? But to his relief, she picked a leaf and bit through the stalk, then another until she had a small bushel. He slid a paw under his chest to prop up his upper body and shook his head. "Comfrey is best when it's fresh," he told her. Then he lowered his head to the earth and nudged a furry and long leaf toward her. "Now, take a bite out of the fleshy part of a leaf and chew it until it's a past. It'll taste a little funny and be juicy but don't swallow. The juice is bad for your insides. When you've got it all chewed up, go ahead and spit it into your paw. See the big joint on my back leg?" he said, moving the limb ever so slightly. "You'll put it right on the joint."
Shaking, Ringpaw listened to his instructions.
He hadn’t seemed disappointed or mad, so she must have gotten enough and the urgent leaves. She bent her neck, a small crack as she flexed the bones, and she brought her muzzle to the pile of leaves.
Biting down hard where he told her to, she munched on the leaves, her throat tightening as she tried not to ingest the mush. Her tongue slowly prodded the paste into a slick and thoroughly chewed mash, and she added a few more leaves.
She wanted to make sure she had enough of the mixture, so she carefully continued to add and add until her cheeks felt like they might burst; she looked like a cat pretending to be a chipmunk, storing away a stash of nuts and other things for the cold weathers of leaf-bare.
The taste was tangy and unpleasant but she quickly finished it up and brought her paw to her mouth. Spitting it out, the sticky almost liquid squished in her paw pad.
She peered over his head to see the leg he was pointing to. There, a large bulb like bone was, the joint obvious and defined among the much skinnier lines along his leg.
Padding around him, trying not to ruin the paste, she then reached the spot intended, and dropped the mash on the joint.
She expected something magical to happen, but no sparks occurred or a shout of joy from Shinefang as he was instantly healed.
“Should I rub it in?” She asked, unsure of what to do. She didn’t want to mess up; Now was not the time to argue or slip up on a procedure like this. She beckoned to the green spot on his joint with her ringed calico tail, the fur gently brushing the leg to see if it hurt him to even have something briefly touch it.
She had no knowledge of sprains or joints, or whatever this was, so she carefully fiddled her whiskers in anticipation.
She gazed at the tom expectantly.

~pom~

Last edited by pomegranate; June 15th, 2018 at 10:01 PM.
Old June 15th, 2018, 10:08 PM
Sigh...

Quote:

Shaking, Ringpaw listened to his instructions.
He hadn’t seemed disappointed or mad, so she must have gotten enough and the urgent leaves. She bent her neck, a small crack as she flexed the bones, and she brought her muzzle to the pile of leaves.
Biting down hard where he told her to, she munched on the leaves, her throat tightening as she tried not to ingest the mush. Her tongue slowly prodded the paste into a slick and thoroughly chewed mash, and she added a few more leaves.
She wanted to make sure she had enough of the mixture, so she carefully continued to add and add until her cheeks felt like they might burst; she looked like a cat pretending to be a chipmunk, storing away a stash of nuts and other things for the cold weathers of leaf-bare.
The taste was tangy and unpleasant but she quickly finished it up and brought her paw to her mouth. Spitting it out, the sticky almost liquid squished in her paw pad.
She peered over his head to see the leg he was pointing to. There, a large bulb like bone was, the joint obvious and defined among the much skinnier lines along his leg.
Padding around him, trying not to ruin the paste, she then reached the spot intended, and dropped the mash on the joint.
She expected something magical to happen, but no sparks occurred or a shout of joy from Shinefang as he was instantly healed.
“Should I rub it in?” She asked, unsure of what to do. She didn’t want to mess up; Now was not the time to argue or slip up on a procedure like this. She beckoned to the green spot on his joint with her ringed calico tail, the fur gently brushing the leg to see if it hurt him to even have something briefly touch it.
She had no knowledge of sprains or joints, or whatever this was, so she carefully fiddled her whiskers in anticipation.
She gazed at the tom expectantly.
Shinefang nodded. "Yes. Rub it in all along the joint. Don't be afraid to rub it in enough to get it under my fur. The juice touching skin is what lets it heal. He shifted his weight to roll onto his belly and let his legs splay out behind him. The other joint too please, and the ones on my forelegs too." Shinefang felt a pang of guilt. He shouldn't be asking a younger cat he had barely spent any time with to do all this for him. She was training to be a warrior after all. She ought to be practicing battle moves, or hunting, or even chasing after one of her stupid leaves. Instead she was being ordered around by an old fleabag like him and plastering herbs to his joints like he was some kind of... elder! As the young shecat worked, the proud old medicine cat bowed his head to stare at the craggy earth and softly muttered, "Thank you."