ART SHOP!!!
Last post by Hollyheart of thunder
Yesterday 11:35 PM

Old August 11th, 2023, 04:56 PM
I am REBORN!

Bump Policy: Three days
My Mood: Distracted

Default Post-Strike {OPEN}

Th mist was thick this morning, almost a fog. Anything could be hiding it it, beast and mutt alike. Finding his way around would be tricky, and running more so, but Nathan knew that his survival depended on it. He strapped on his head torch, slipped his knives home and holstered his pistol, one of the last functioning ones remaining after the Strike. His worn leather boots were all but silent upon the torn road, the beam of his light cutting through the predawn gloom. He knew the whereabouts of where he was trying to get to, and what he might find there. Food. Not much, but enough to to keep him alive for a little longer. He looked up for a brief second, past the broken and crumbling buildings to the orange-grey clouds. Once there had been stars in that sky. Then there had been fire. Nathan closed his eyes and let the memories of the Strike wash over him and away. He must not, could not tarry. To die was easy, to survive, you had to be hard.

//This is a post-apocalyptic RP! It is highly likely that it may contain unpleasant and gory/emotional scenes. Don't join unless you are OK with that.

Ain't much that I know what to put 'ere...

"And that, my friends, is how a revolution dies." - Haymitch

Old August 11th, 2023, 05:27 PM
don't eat me

Bump Policy: If I've failed to respond in a timely manner, please know that I'm trying very hard to be a person
My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: Post-Strike {OPEN}

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLeif View Post
Th mist was thick this morning, almost a fog. Anything could be hiding it it, beast and mutt alike. Finding his way around would be tricky, and running more so, but Nathan knew that his survival depended on it. He strapped on his head torch, slipped his knives home and holstered his pistol, one of the last functioning ones remaining after the Strike. His worn leather boots were all but silent upon the torn road, the beam of his light cutting through the predawn gloom. He knew the whereabouts of where he was trying to get to, and what he might find there. Food. Not much, but enough to to keep him alive for a little longer. He looked up for a brief second, past the broken and crumbling buildings to the orange-grey clouds. Once there had been stars in that sky. Then there had been fire. Nathan closed his eyes and let the memories of the Strike wash over him and away. He must not, could not tarry. To die was easy, to survive, you had to be hard.

//This is a post-apocalyptic RP! It is highly likely that it may contain unpleasant and gory/emotional scenes. Don't join unless you are OK with that.
Ozzie Wilbur
Red hair, blue eyes, and freckles.

He could barely see in the fog. He stumbled down the road, eyes squinted in an attempt to improve his vision. It wasn't working too well. He was starving, so that didn't make it any easier to see through the gloom. He accidentally kicked a rock with his worn-out sneakers, and it bounded and clicked away into the haze. Ozzie frowned, watching it. He looked up at the sky, and the orange-grey clouds slightly unsettled him. Moving on, he directed himself forward, trudging along the torn road.

He didn't even notice that he stood in the beam of somebody's flashlight.

GOOD MOOOOOORNING!! Are you ready to complete your contractual obligations?
pronouns || please validate my art
Old August 15th, 2023, 10:08 AM
I am REBORN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sock View Post
Ozzie Wilbur
Red hair, blue eyes, and freckles.

He could barely see in the fog. He stumbled down the road, eyes squinted in an attempt to improve his vision. It wasn't working too well. He was starving, so that didn't make it any easier to see through the gloom. He accidentally kicked a rock with his worn-out sneakers, and it bounded and clicked away into the haze. Ozzie frowned, watching it. He looked up at the sky, and the orange-grey clouds slightly unsettled him. Moving on, he directed himself forward, trudging along the torn road.

He didn't even notice that he stood in the beam of somebody's flashlight.
Nathan jumped back in surprise as something appeared in front of him seemingly out of nowhere. At first glance, his brain told him it was a zombie, though he knew that was ridicules as zombies didn't actually exist, for which he was thankful for because he already had enough threats to deal with without having to worry about the undead. He looked closer at the person, hand drifting to the gun on his hip. His first assumption of the boy was understandable. He did not look in good shape. He would probably be dead if a few weeks, or days. He didn't seem to register the presence of another being. Best just slip past unnoticed. It didn't feel right though. After all this time, he still hurt to leave someone to die. Nathan started walking around him. Just... Let it go. He needed to keep himself alive, first and foremost. Nathan took another step then stopped. Oh, furs of a mutated fox. He spun back, grabbed the boy's shoulder. Just this once, I will help you. Once chance. "Hey, kid."

Old August 15th, 2023, 10:12 AM
don't eat me

Bump Policy: If I've failed to respond in a timely manner, please know that I'm trying very hard to be a person
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLeif View Post
Nathan jumped back in surprise as something appeared in front of him seemingly out of nowhere. At first glance, his brain told him it was a zombie, though he knew that was ridicules as zombies didn't actually exist, for which he was thankful for because he already had enough threats to deal with without having to worry about the undead. He looked closer at the person, hand drifting to the gun on his hip. His first assumption of the boy was understandable. He did not look in good shape. He would probably be dead if a few weeks, or days. He didn't seem to register the presence of another being. Best just slip past unnoticed. It didn't feel right though. After all this time, he still hurt to leave someone to die. Nathan started walking around him. Just... Let it go. He needed to keep himself alive, first and foremost. Nathan took another step then stopped. Oh, furs of a mutated fox. He spun back, grabbed the boy's shoulder. Just this once, I will help you. Once chance. "Hey, kid."
He nearly jumped out of his skin as a hand grasped his shoulder. Slapping his hand over his mouth, he managed to stifle a scream, and turned with wide eyes to face the other person-shaped blur he was seeing. After a few deep breaths, he calmed himself, and gazed with a look of confusion and worry at the other person. He vaguely processed that the other had said something, but he didn't quite catch what exactly it was. "H-hi," he choked out, voice quiet and hoarse from a lack of use.

GOOD MOOOOOORNING!! Are you ready to complete your contractual obligations?
pronouns || please validate my art
Old August 18th, 2023, 08:06 AM
I am REBORN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sock View Post
He nearly jumped out of his skin as a hand grasped his shoulder. Slapping his hand over his mouth, he managed to stifle a scream, and turned with wide eyes to face the other person-shaped blur he was seeing. After a few deep breaths, he calmed himself, and gazed with a look of confusion and worry at the other person. He vaguely processed that the other had said something, but he didn't quite catch what exactly it was. "H-hi," he choked out, voice quiet and hoarse from a lack of use.
Good, he wasn't too far gone if he could still speak. "We gotta get out of here," Nathan said. "How you feeling?" His voice sounded dry, and he guessed that it wasn't unlikely that he hadn't managed to find water for some time. "Here," he said, shrugging off his pack and pulling out a water flask. "Pour some of this in your mouth, but don't touch the rim. Don't want to risk contamination."