Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > ShadowClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by rubberRatroom
Today 12:44 AM
Introducing Myself
Last post by kittycatburmise
Today 12:07 AM
going back to our watery...
Last post by Silverfur & Co
Yesterday 11:57 PM
homeward bound. [p]
by silver.
Last post by occultation
Yesterday 11:53 PM
a maple tree and a basil...
by ramen
Last post by ramen
Yesterday 11:51 PM

Old October 3rd, 2020, 05:53 AM
Procrastinator

My Mood: Pensive

Default Re: ShadowClan Warriors' Den

// @Arie
Sparkpaw wore quite the smug expression when she [the apprentice] went to wake up Talonstone [her mentor]. It was usually always the other way around; for a while, Sparkpaw wondered if he slept at all, with the way he routinely dragged her out of the Apprentice’s den at sunrise but retired for his own sleep never. In any case. Talonstone was normally more prepared than she was and it was annoying. But not this time!

Sparkpaw was up and bouncing before dawn’s light filtered through the clearing by sheer chance on purpose, and she was definitely going to milk this. How would Talon like to be woken up early for training? Spark was about to find out. Her eyes twinkled with mischief as she thought of what she could say to tease a reaction out of his steel composure.

Oh meeentorrrr,” Sparkpaw called sweetly when she reached the mouth of the warrior’s den, lips drawn back in a wide, foxlike smile. She knew which one his nest was. It didn’t take long for Spark to decide she should just—jump in and surprise him. Wouldn’t he be so happy, so proud she woke before the sun? The apprentice could play it off so nicely! All the while they would both know…she wasn’t so innocent after all.

Okay. One, two, three... NOW! Sparkpaw leapt inside without warning, angled toward the nest she knew belonged to her mentor. Ha, here it was, the awaited reaction! Her mouth was open, ready to shower him in witty jabs.
He— he… wasn’t there.
But it wasn’t empty.
She stopped at the rim of moss and feathers, completely and absolutely befuddled by the cat she did see in his nest. …It was Doetuft. Spark remembered hearing of her, though they never met. The scars gave her away. But—what was she doing here, in Talonstone’s nest? Did she stumble into the wrong one because she was blind or something? Sparkpaw’s eyes narrowed in thought. She… hmmm… that scent.

Pine, like Talonstone. Spark knew her mentor’s scent now, could distinguish its subtleties from others’. But it wasn’t just pine. This feline—apparently sleeping—smelled of something else, too. Something familiar. Unless…. Sparkpaw’s eyes went wide as pinecones. Oak. Oak and leaves. That—she--- WHAT?

Unable to restrain her gasp at the revelation, Spark further decided to ignore that there might be other cats in this den. “YOU! You’re the smell!!”

Old October 3rd, 2020, 06:52 AM
emergency hiatus

My Mood: Queenly

-- @Redtalon --

If she'd not been drowsing she would've looked up and paid attention the singsong voice that was capable of reaching her sensitive ears even all the way back in the end of the warrior's den. But the brown tabby molly was still somewhat asleep. Or well, if drowsing could be classified as being asleep, she was just not paying much if any attention to her surroundings, looking instead inwards and trying to sort out the issues within there instead of focusing on the outside. This seemed to be her detriment as she heard an extremely loud and high pitched voice just right by her ear. And to be told she smelled was the least of the things she'd expected and lifting her head in a rush, ears flickering and forth trying to make any sense of it she smelled, exactly what had been said, and took a deep breath trying to get her senses on board. So. Start with the basics, there was an apprentice staring right into her nest, why was there an apprentice in the warriors den? What in the stars was she doing? Doetuft wanted a proper answer but first she had to wake up at least somewhat. And when she did she replayed the apprentice's words over in her head, 'you're the smell'. She didn't remember smelling of anything in particular, except for the fact that she had her nose buried in a small piece of moss that held... a particular cat's scent. But that was to be expected was it not? They were sharing a nest after all, had been... had been for a moon now. Nearly... two moons. Time moved much too fast for her liking. But... this was such a strange thing to say. And the only response she could blurt out was, "What? What... smell?" Because she knew she'd been called out for her Thunderclan scent before but she was quite sure that had been long since taken over by the pine scent of Shadowclan, but, as she drew in a deep breath, the oak smell was still there. Brief, hard to pin point, but the slight hint was still there. "What... smell.. are you talking about?" she questioned as she sat up in the nest, feeling saddened slightly by the loss of warmth as she uncurled. "Elaborate... please." Slowly she started to gain a better and better idea especially as she replayed the apprentice's words over. She knew this apprentice didn't she? The one with no filter. Sparkpaw. Snowflake's apprentice. Oh no, had he somehow roped her into checking in on her? Somehow... she doubted that. He wouldn't do such a thing, which meant... that the apprentice had come in looking for him. But it didn't give her the answers she wanted.

Need help? VM or PM me

Bump after 48 hours
Exams are ongoing, replies will be slow

Art by @TawnyNeedsACoffee
Old October 3rd, 2020, 11:34 AM
RIP RBG

My Mood: Embarrassed

"Well?" Forestfrost asked, nestling deeper into his nest, dropping his voice so he could ask the other two the burning question inside of him, "Anyone going to leave?" he asked, his voice close to a whisper, looking into the eyes of Blackpelt, and Lionstone in turn. Blackpelt's Hazel eyes stared back at his yellow and blue ones, "No." she answered confidently, "I don't agreed with everything, but I will stay. This is my home, it has always been, leave if you want, but you'll be without me." Lionstone looked from Blackpelt to Forestfrost, his gray eyes filled in worry,"You aren't leaving, are you Forestfrost?" he asked,his tail twiching nerviously, normally Blackpelt would jump in and say, 'Of course he isn't!' but all she was doing now was watching him. "No," he replied, "but if you're gonna run away, don't expect me to cover your tail." Lionstone nodded weakly. Forestfrost looked at him, really looked, and saw fear in Lionstone's eyes, what if his old friend wouldn't be there in the morning?
<I want to be afraid of that but I'm not sure.
My internet will be very spotty sometimes so pls don't be upset if I don't see your post, or if it takes me forever to respond.
An ARP
Old October 7th, 2020, 06:06 PM
Procrastinator

// @Arie
Sparkpaw was much too pleased with herself to answer Doetuft’s confusion right away. What a clever, clever cat she was. Spark found out Talonstone’s secret! Or—one of them. She wouldn’t put it past him to have multiple hidden away, but this one was particularly entertaining, just because… well. He was Talonstone. Mr., ‘I like to pretend I'm not capable of feeling emotions, except I totally am.' The thought that her stoic-faced mentor could actually woo another cat and have any success was a fabulously ridiculous thought in Spark’s mind, something that didn’t quite fit. She underestimated the fluffy white tom.

“You see—I wondered why he smelled different than just pine! Oak. Oak gives it away. I know… I’m advanced for my age, being able to catch the difference. But really, I’m impressed, actually! I didn’t think he would know how to talk to a she-cat!” Or- cats in general. [The creamy she-cat thought this affectionately. Like it or not, maybe she was getting a little attached.] Spark paused only a moment, her cat-brows wrinkling in thought.

“…Now that I think about it, I imagined he’d just kind of—stare. You know, how he does? He just looks at you for a long time, like he’s trying to figure you out. That or he’s judging your pelt on how clean it is, and you can’t tell which is happening. I mean. Unless you’re good at reading cats, like me. But still, sometimes it comes off as creepy? Not creepy, I didn’t mean that. I’m sure you have a lovely—uh–relationship. But…StarClan! A secret mate!”

To be fair, Sparkpaw couldn’t really call Doetuft ‘secret.’ Just because Talonstone wasn’t telling his apprentice about his love life didn’t mean the whole relationship itself was hush hush. Her mentor definitely seemed like the private type, though. Either way! Sparkpaw couldn’t help grinning like she’d made a breakthrough on her ‘study up on Talonstone’ quest, just because he was one of the most challenging cats Spark had to figure out since forever. But this. This gave her an edge. She would have to get up early more often!

Suddenly all at once, a thought occurred to Sparkpaw that distracted her from the sweetness of victory. She remembered who she was talking to a few beats late. “Oh! Sorry. You’re blind, aren't you? You wouldn’t see how he looks- huh?”

Old October 7th, 2020, 09:32 PM
emergency hiatus

-- @Redtalon --

That was not what she'd been expecting. Certainly not. Doetuft could just sit there, and blink. Blink blink. It seemed like the apprentice were almost vibrating with excitement and she had no idea why, only that Sparkpaw must have made some strange discovery that excited her and what that discovery was, Doetuft had no clue in truth. It was.... intriguing in truth. And she didn't like this being interrogated without knowing why she was being interrogated and what the aim was for. But... that would be seen as she pulled her tail closer to her, in a way of warding off the cold. Not like it was really cold, but it brought comfort in the nest that she lacked without a certain tom's presence. Okay, so it was the single matter of smell was it? It wasn't exactly something she'd been paying attention to but taking in a deep breath she could easily admit that yes, she too carried the smell of pine and oak, of pine and leaves, oak and leaves. Her and Snowflake it seemed had started to share a similar scent and well... that was a new thing. She couldn't help the slight satisfied smile on her face at the thought. And then at the 'unable to talk to a she-cat' comment, Doetuft couldn't help the burst of laughter. "He... doesn't... know how to... speak in general," she added in mild amusement. Because it was truth. He wasn't... the most open in the words department, but rather his actions spoke far louder than the few words he said at specific points in time. "His... actions speak... far louder... than his... words though." And then Sparkpaw went on a small spree about Frosty's stare being creepy and she couldn't help the small laughter. "No... I don't... notice it but... it might have... to do with... my lack of sight. And even.... in concept... I just... I consider it how... he sees. How... he thinks. He takes... time to... process things....and that... often ends up staring. But... I think... we do have a fine... relationship, although... we're not... mates." Not yet at least. They were... more than friends. Not mates yet. That was something they were both too unsure to jump into yet. "And yes... I am blind... but such can sighted cats... be. But... I know how he... looks because... despite his reluctance to speak... he has described it... to me... such as he's described... many other... things." And she appreciated every action he'd ever done for her and this talk... it made her want to go out and find the tom and give him... a hug. Something to show her appreciation for him. "He's.. your mentor is he not?"

Need help? VM or PM me

Bump after 48 hours

Old October 8th, 2020, 05:00 PM

My Mood: Cheerful

GorseFall

The russet tomcat lays inside the warrior den softly snoring. his long fluffy tail cleanly wrapped around his body, His long fur w as slightly matted . his yellow eyes shut tightly together.
Old October 9th, 2020, 02:26 PM
Mistytail

My Mood: Adorable

Featherkit tumbled into the warriors den
@Arie

Last edited by Feather-kit; October 9th, 2020 at 02:26 PM.
Old October 9th, 2020, 05:04 PM
Procrastinator

// @Arie
Sparkpaw grinned when Doetuft laughed at the depiction of Talonstone—equal parts pleased that her references were understood and appreciative of the warrior’s reaction to them. Doetuft’s response got Sparkpaw snickering too. Doe wasn’t afraid of teasing Talon for his quirks, even though he was her mate, and that was enjoyably amusing. "I sense some teaming up in our future," Spark said, no small amount of foxlike mischief brightening her blue eyes.

You know what—Spark liked this cat! Usually, she only needed to spend a couple minutes talking with someone to know whether they were good company. Doetuft was passing so far. Her mentor was a gifted observer too; maybe it wasn’t surprising that Talonstone chose Doetuft. Just—how in StarClan’s name did it work out for him? For all his unnerving staring, he must have gotten lucky in the romance department. Sparkpaw filed that question away to ask her later.

Doetuft’s analysis of Talonstone aligned with Sparkpaw’s impression of him. Yes, it was true—his actions did speak louder than words. Even after only a moon or so of training with him, Spark knew to watch what he did so she could guess how he felt. The apprentice wasn’t perfect at it yet, but she was getting better. It was both irritating and challenging in a fun way, having a mentor who could read her so much more easily than she could read him. It spurred the Bengal she-cat on to hone her observation skills.

Smugness caused her lips to twitch. Knowing this little tidbit of information would— wait. Sparkpaw blinked in surprise when Doetuft said they weren’t mates. That… wasn’t expected. She eyed the moss beneath Doe, nestled in a corner of the ShadowClan warrior’s den, undeniably belonging to her mentor in equal right. Spark’s tone was laced with hints of disappointment when she asked: “What do you mean, not mates? Why not? I—you’re already sharing nests.”

Not only that, but Sparkpaw observed Doetuft closely while she talked about Talon. She was clearly smitten with the fluffy white tom—unseeing eyes gleaming with affection while she spoke. Spark thought of herself as an expert on this stuff. There was no way for her to be wrong. Sure, there was a missing piece to all this, though. It was Talon. While waiting for Doetuft to respond, Spark plotted to confront him on this topic next time they trained together.

“And yeah, uh, he’s my mentor,” the cream she-cat added as an afterthought.

Old October 9th, 2020, 10:22 PM

My Mood: Yeehaw

BrookBee layed down hoping to get some sleep.
She fell in a good sleep.
Old October 10th, 2020, 08:37 AM
emergency hiatus

-- @Redtalon --

Teaming up? Doetuft liked the thought of that and the blind molly could barely keep the grin from taking over her face. This apprentice... she had her ways and she would applaud her for that. No lack of intelligence seemed to be reigning here and she could only imagine the trouble Frosty would be in with a an apprentice like her. He must be wanting to stick his head in the sand to avoid her interrogations at that point but it did make her let out a small huff of laughter at the thought. She was definitely going to team up with this young one and lifting a paw slightly and proceeding to bop Sparkpaw's nose she voiced, "Yes... I can agree... to that most... certainly. Do you... have any plans... yet?" Maybe she could get the apprentice in on the long overdue plan to drop a frog in Snowflake's nest... well their nest but he would be the one sleeping in it if her plan was to be executed properly. Hopefully the frog wouldn't be executed. But... it would most likely happen, as long as she was safe, although she could only imagine his reaction and just that thought brought a smile to her face. And then she perked her ears as it seemed that Sparkpaw finally came to the realization that no, she and the white tom wasn't mates... not yet at least. They'd.. had their own unspoken agreement that the word was one of many... banned ones in their relationships. Well not banned, but they were locked up in a safe that none of them had a key to and well, only if they really wanted to get there, that key would be found. Love was another word that was locked up in that safe. "No. We're... not mates. And I mean... we're... not there... yet. Some... cats... move faster with... their titles for... their relationship. And... can good friends... not share nests?" That would give Sparkpaw something to chew on for sure and Doetuft smiled at the thought once again. Good friends sharing nests. That's what they'd been for the total of one night and then they were here at this awkward stage of not having a defining term for their relationship but she didn't mind but it did amuse her that Sparkpaw thought that just because you shared a nest you were mates. "So... you think when... a young warrior has... a nightmare.... and sleeps in... the same nest... as an older... warrior.. they're mates?" Now she was just being mean and poking fun at the apprentice's words and the small bubble of laughter was finally released. It was unavoidable. "Has... he spoken... many words... or were you the.. one talking... his ears off?" She would have to tag onto a training session at some point just to join in with Sparkpaw trying to get Frosty to talk, and maybe her presence or at least words could make the white tom's tongue a bit more... cooperative.

Need help? VM or PM me

Bump after 48 hours