Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > ShadowClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan Healing
by starry
Last post by starry
Today 04:09 AM
Introducing Myself
Last post by Wingnettle
Today 03:41 AM
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by Forgetfulshape
Today 02:29 AM
going back to our watery...
Last post by Silverfur & Co
Yesterday 11:57 PM
homeward bound. [p]
by silver.
Last post by occultation
Yesterday 11:53 PM

Old December 29th, 2022, 12:24 PM
Raven

Bump Policy: 3 days | 2 days Time Sensitive
My Mood: Pensive

Default Re: ShadowClan Kits' Playden

**Elmshadow**
Herb and Crafting
@DelM33 - Rosekit @Holly Jolly Ashie - Duskkit [figured I’d throw Duskkit in since this is just beginning]

Elmshadow carried a small bundle of herbs and plants along with his two pieces of freshkill and a bundle of cobwebs wrapped neatly around a stick into the den. He set everything down and looked down at his first charges: Rosekit and Duskkit. He didn't know anything about the young kits and figured that'd be one of the first things that would begin to change in his schedule. He'd always liked watching the kits for potential, it was usually apparent even before they left the nursery but he'd been so busy recently, or maybe none of the kits had stood out like a pawful had in the past. In any case, with his daughter in the nursery with her first litter and his mate pregnant, and now with Dawnstar implementing new regimented kit training he was sure he'd be getting a closer look again.

He set the bright red holly berries in front of him first. He'd gone out looking for death berries but had, luckily, not found any readily available. The holly berries weren't as fatal but it got across the same point. He kept a paw loose and ready to fend off any advances towards the toxicly appetizing berries, understanding the potential risk in bringing poisonous things into camp but it was all for the greater good and the lives that could be saved by such knowledge. "We'll start first with things to avoid. These are holly berries. I can't say exactly what they do but it's nothing good. Anything with bright, glossy berries, keep it out of your mouth. Most of them are a long and painful trip to Starclan with no return."

Active Purrks
Elmshadow - The Collector
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
Sunsetpaw - Biligual, Flock Together:Tier 2
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing

Last edited by Pitou; December 30th, 2022 at 10:24 AM.
Old December 29th, 2022, 05:37 PM

My Mood: Cringy

>Rosekit< 1/10

Rosekit watched the large medicine cat bring plants she had never seen into the den. She knew from her limited time outside the nursery that some plants or herbs have healing properties that can be used to help cats with sicknesses. The brindled kit looked curiously at some of the weirder things brought in, like the odd white ball of something. Those were cobwebs. Are cobwebs even edible? No, now's not the time to be distracted. Rosekit switched her attention to Elmshadow and the shiny red berries in front of him. They looked enticing, almost like the shine of the berries was hypnotizing her. Her ear twitched as Elmshadow began to speak, and she snapped her gaze back to him.

She listened to his explanation, repeating his words in her head. "So these berries aren't edible, and if you eat something like them, you get really really sick?" That's the understanding she got from what Elmshadow had to say. Rosekit usually understood things quickly, but herbs and plants and whatnot were something new to the kit.

@Ravensong
Old December 30th, 2022, 10:47 PM
I am the reinforcements.

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Hungry

@Ravensong @DelM33

Duskkit nodded. “Uh huh,” she meowed, waiting for Elmshadow to continue,”They look tasty and they look pretty! But you can’t eat ‘em…”

*awkward silence*

"Er... no." - Ravenpaw
Old January 1st, 2023, 05:48 PM

Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Hopeful

Shadowfur stretched and let loose a huge yawn before heading over to the area designated for kit lessons. So far, he only had one kit interested in the type of lesson he was offering. But, that meant he’d be able to give this kit even more attention than he otherwise would. They’d emerge a better, more well-informed cat because of it.

He waited patiently for Moonkit to arrive.

( @Wingnettle )
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old January 2nd, 2023, 06:39 AM
a winter in my heart

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Worried

Moonkit (she/her)
Black calico with half face ginger and amber eyes

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

Yes, Moonkit had actually decided to follow some lesson in her free time - which was every bit of her time.
She was just so bored, and yet she couldn't think of having a mentor assigned by Dawnstar. The territory outside of camp was great, but she didn't want any cruel cat to order her around. Not for a while, at least.

I don't even know why we are supposed to do this. I bet we've never had kit curriculums before, so why now?
But discussing things between herself was just useless, and made her feel more helpless than ever.

A black tom was staring at her through green, slitted eyes, in the den that had been made the place for kit lessons.
Moonkit padded in gingerly and sat down without much excitement, her shoulders sagging in disappointment. "Where is everyone else?" She asked the black warrior.

[ @Cherry~ ]
Old January 4th, 2023, 01:49 PM
Raven

Bump Policy: 3 days | 2 days Time Sensitive
My Mood: Pensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelM33 View Post
>Rosekit< 1/10

Rosekit watched the large medicine cat bring plants she had never seen into the den. She knew from her limited time outside the nursery that some plants or herbs have healing properties that can be used to help cats with sicknesses. The brindled kit looked curiously at some of the weirder things brought in, like the odd white ball of something. Those were cobwebs. Are cobwebs even edible? No, now's not the time to be distracted. Rosekit switched her attention to Elmshadow and the shiny red berries in front of him. They looked enticing, almost like the shine of the berries was hypnotizing her. Her ear twitched as Elmshadow began to speak, and she snapped her gaze back to him.

She listened to his explanation, repeating his words in her head. "So these berries aren't edible, and if you eat something like them, you get really really sick?" That's the understanding she got from what Elmshadow had to say. Rosekit usually understood things quickly, but herbs and plants and whatnot were something new to the kit.

@Ravensong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashie da WindClanner View Post
@Ravensong @DelM33

Duskkit nodded. “Uh huh,” she meowed, waiting for Elmshadow to continue,”They look tasty and they look pretty! But you can’t eat ‘em…”

**Elmshadow**

The dark medicine cat gave one deep nod as the kits before him repeated back a version of what he had said. It seemed well enough that they'd caught the basics. "If they only make you really sick, you'll be lucky. Many of these will kill you before you can even make it back to camp." He moved the berries in closer to him, sticking them beneath his belly. He didn't want to keep them somewhere in sight of the kits while he didn't have his full attention on them so under himself seemed the easiest place to keep them guarded as he moved on to the next lesson. "In general, unless a medicine cat gives you an herb or you know for sure what you're grabbing, don't eat it."

Things got a little trickier when it came to prey. A mouse was a mouse but depending on many factors, even freshkill could turn deadly and it seemed even many warriors often couldn't reliably tell the difference. He pulled the freshkill out in front of him, separating the fresh toad and the rotting squirrel. "Have a good smell but don't taste them. If you found these on the freshkill pile, what are your thoughts?"

Active Purrks
Elmshadow - The Collector
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
Sunsetpaw - Biligual, Flock Together:Tier 2
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing
Old January 4th, 2023, 11:55 PM
I am the reinforcements.

My Mood: Hungry

@Ravensong @DelM33

Duskkit sniffed the toad and the squirrel. “Ew! She squeaked, wrinkling her nose at the squirrel,”It’s stinky! Get it away from here!” She batted the squirrel away from her

*awkward silence*

"Er... no." - Ravenpaw

Last edited by RavensCall; January 4th, 2023 at 11:55 PM.
Old January 5th, 2023, 01:11 PM

Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Hopeful

Shadowfur felt the slightest bit of self-doubt creep into himself as Moonkit questioned where everyone else was. Perhaps his lesson concept was worse than he thought?

Never mind that. You’ve got a kit here, and you certainly can’t be seeming self-doubtful in front of her.

He blinked once. “You’re the only kit at the moment who’s expressed an interest in the lesson I’m offering. But that’s no bother, you’ll be a better warrior for it.”

Deciding to start immediately, he began by pulling a thick wad of moss over. He’d pulled it from his own nest, so it wasn’t the freshest. But, finding green moss at this time of the season-cycle was tough. “I’m sure you know what moss is, considering you weren’t born yesterday. In warmer moons, you want to try to find moss that’s a deep, vibrant shade of green. That moss is the freshest, and will make for the best nest material. You can also use this moss for transporting water.”

He kneaded the moss with his paws. “When you pick moss for a nest, always be sure to knead it like this. This will remove any moisture from the moss. A wet nest will leave you more susceptible to cold and illness. Then, form it into a ball or a wad.” He demonstrated, rolling the moss with his paws into a haphazard ball. “This will allow you to carry it.”

Shadowfur picked the moss ball up in his jaws and set it back down in front of Moonkit. With one paw, he pulled the moss ball apart. “Now, you try everything I just showed you.”

( @Wingnettle )
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.

Last edited by occultation; January 5th, 2023 at 01:11 PM.
Old January 5th, 2023, 01:49 PM
a winter in my heart

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Worried

Moonkit (she/her)
Black calico with half face ginger and amber eyes

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

This cat seemed nice, but honestly Moonkit had no idea what he was talking about. The black tom was padding around with a soggy ball of moss in his mouth, and... he started talking about it.
Moonkit stared blankly at the warrior, taking for herself a few moments to figure everything out and decide what she was supposed to do.

So... I am here.. to knead the moss?
This was the weirdest thing that had ever happened. A Shadowclan warrior teaching her how to hunt mos... No wonder there are no other kits around here.
But honestly, Moonkit was okay with it.

The black calico rose to her paws and hooked the wad of moss with his claw, drawing it closer to herself. "Well... I'll try."
She replied simply, before using her paws to make again a ball out of the moss that Shadowfur had destroyed for her. It looked very flat. Like, very flat.

Moonkit observed for a few moments what she'd created, then stared at Shadowfur silently. Waiting for... whatever would come out.

[ @Cherry~ ]
Old January 6th, 2023, 06:50 PM
Moonraven's brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashie da WindClanner View Post
Pinekit nodded as his leader went on. “Ok, ok,” He meowed, trying to remember everything Dawnstar was saying. “So most of it is so we’re not weak or in danger?”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streamtail View Post
Meadowkit sits down, taking in all the information. "Oooohh, okay! I get it now, so how do we set borders? How do we know where they are? Do we have to make a wall or something? What happens if a cat crosses into our territory, but means to help? Also, I heard that medicine cats can cross borders, why?"

"Most of our rules are to keep a certain order, since order sets us apart from mere rogues and loners, and yes to a point it's to make sure that we remain strong and out of danger." Dawnstar answered Pinekit, and smile faintly when Meadowkit had more educational questions.

"You'll learn how to set borders once you are an aprentice, but our borders are basically invisible scent lines. We rub our scent onto surrounding trees and bushes, even on the ground. They serve as markers and warning to other clans that we own this territory and tell them to stay out. You should be able to smell the other three clans' borders by using your nose. They smell far different from ShadowClan's scent, but again you'll learn that after you become an apprentice."

"As you've said, medicine cats have the freedom to cross over our borders without being challenged since they are considered neutral by all the clans. They're healers, not fighters, however, that doesn't mean they can roam and do as they please in another clan's territory without another leader's approval. Should you ever find a medicine cat in our territory they're to be brought to me." She told the pair in a stern tone. She didn't want them to think that they shouldn't challenge medicine cats.

"As for cats crossing into our territory for aid or with news or clan business, same as the medicine cats they should be brought to me so that I can speak with them. Any more questions?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheasantflight View Post
@Undertaker
So, apparently Riverclan wasn’t the clan that the leader wanted to start with, if she was to take the molly’s grunt as something near disapproval. That wasn’t her problem though, Dawnstar had asked which clan she’d like to start with, and Spiritkit had said what she wanted. If she was going to be grumpy about it, she could have just started with talking about moor cats or something. Spiritkit wasn’t the biggest fan of cats being indirect. If they wanted her to say something, they should do so directly, not sniff around the edges and expect her to pick up on it.

Her ears pricked up as the scarred cat began to speak. Okay, wait, so Riverclan had a pretty full high rank system. That was kind of cool. She looked up at Dawnstar as she continued to talk. Why didn’t they have one? Maybe, maybe when she got older she could be deputy instead of some stinky old guy. Yeah, that’d be great. That way when someone got mad at her she could tell them that wasn’t allowed. Look at her, she’d be a great deputy. Fawnpaw didn’t have her full medicine cat name yet, so she guessed the medicine cat probably wasn’t good enough to be a full one. That was kind of sad.

“Okay, so, they’re like middle annoying and we don’t really have to worry about them right now.” Okay, that was good she supposed, but wouldn’t it be kind of fun if she had a chance to fight someone? It seemed like something that she would like, not that she’d say that out loud. “Peaceful Fishcats.” Okay, maybe taking clan relations wasn’t the best idea. She could figure it out on her own when she was an apprentice. And of course Hollowkit was over taking Night Class or something else cool. Spiritkit let out a small puff of slight disappointment. “What about Windclan?”

"WindClan's current leader is the oldest high rank and in my opinion, ShadowClan's biggest pain in the tail. Twilightstar, a small one-eyed gray she-cat. Under her leadership, she's chased ShadowClan out of our territory and destroyed our camp, burned and killed our kits and queens..." The leader paused there and lashed her tail, ignoring Spiritkit's obvious disappointment with whatever.

"Her deputy is a tall, dark gray tom called Fallownose and her medicine cat is a large, white tom with black spots called Cowpaw. WindClan, in general, I wouldn't consider much of a threat by themselves, under Twilightstar's leadership however they've proven to be quite a menace. Our latest dispute has been with WindClan for obvious reasons, we've taken over their clan, taken their territory, and several WindClan lives, I've even taken their leader's eye among other things and still she refuses to know who her betters are." Dawnstar huffed the last bit more to herself than the kit.

"We've recently ended our... feud with WindClan, however, our rivalry is far from over. We are supposedly neutral with WindClan, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try to kill or fight them any chance you get." Dawnstar cocked her head, glaring down at Spiritkit. "WindClan will always be ShadowClan's enemy as long as I'm standing as your leader. You should never drop your guard with WindClan, at least not with Twilightstar as their leader." Dawnstar didn't consider WindClan a problem, it was their leader that has caused nonstop problems with ShadowClan.

Purrks
Dawnstar: Beefed Up Tier 3 || Mindreader
Leechscar: Master Scout || Ultimate Predator

Dawnstar is the leader of ShadowClan and will shred you if you enter her den. She has a semi-closed den policy.
ShadowClan Resources ||| Dawnstar ||| ||| Kit Curriculum Finder