by Ian
Last post by SeonghwasBunnyEars
Today 04:57 AM

Old July 10th, 2018, 04:35 PM
stardust memories

My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: RiverClan Clearing

@Suspiciousmindz
(Just posting the starter now since I had inspiration for it! ^^)

As the greenleaf sun hung low in the sky, a few birds called to each other overhead and frogs could be heard in the tall reeds. Everything seemed rather peaceful in camp for once, aside from Dawnpaw. The young feline bounced happily from one spot in camp to the next, wriggling her haunches and leaping to clear the distance as she did. Her eyes were concentrated on the next spot ahead of her, everything else blotted from her vision. "I'm gonna getcha!" she called to the spot of RiverClan's camp clearing where she had focused her gaze. She wriggled her hind legs and sprung, her paws coming together as they neared her target. But as she landed, the molly felt something other than dirt and soil under her paws. "Wha...?" she echoed, lifting one of her white furred paws to reveal a dark brown beetle crawling across the ground. It's tiny legs started propelling it faster once she had lifted her paw, and it started to scuttle away from her. Dawnpaw's blue gaze lit up in excitement and she quickly followed after it, her nose to the ground with little regard to where she was headed. Her attention was drawn to the tiny creature in front of her, her off-white pelt a stark contrast against the dark brown terrain of the clearing. "What is your name, little guy?' she called, a slight coo in her voice as she zig zagged around, the beetle still trying to escape from her line of sight. No such luck, as Dawnpaw continued to follow him around the side of camp, not realizing how funny she must've looked to any of her Clanmates who happened to be watching.
Old July 11th, 2018, 07:54 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

@Mauve

The zig-zagging apprentice going around camp caught the attention of Cedarpaw. His ears perked towards the feline as his amber gaze watched her for a moment. The movement had interrupted his daily search for butterflies. Whisperblaze loved when he brought butterflies back to him and Cedarpaw loved watching his father react. The funniest moments were the spiders that he would bring back on a stick.

Tail raising into the air in a friendly manner, the tom-cat had the bright idea to go see what the apprentice was doing. He trotted after Dawnpaw happily until he was able to catch up and see that she was following a beetle. The sight made his heart so happy. He wasn't the only one who enjoyed bugs after all! Most kittens would just kill them for fun, but he always tried to keep them alive as long as he could to watch him. Of course, he'd bat at them to make them move or if he knew they bite and they got too close. "Oh cool! You found a beetle!" he chimed behind the she-cat. His eyes were bright with excitement.

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old July 11th, 2018, 08:40 PM
Angelique's Brother!

My Mood: Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceyGlitch View Post
The pretty molly purrs softly at his understanding. Her whiskers twitch as she pushes out her front paws and stretches her body causing a shiver to go from the base of her neck down her spine and out her tail.
Firelight let out a smile, "You hungry?" asked the tom as his belly began to grumble in hunger. He felt a little embarrass as his belly made the strange noise. The tom looked at the fresh kill pile.

Please know that your perfect no matter what gender, sexuality, etc is.

I'll only be on from 10:00 pm to 1:00 am my time.
Old July 14th, 2018, 01:51 AM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/
My Mood: Adorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConfusedCas View Post
Sunlight trickled down on the Riverclan camp as a black furred cat shoved his way out of the apprentices den, stumbling a bit as he did so. He squinted his green eyes as they adjusted to the brightness. As Batpaw began walking he winced at his sore muscles. The training session the day before had sure been eventful, and even if it had exhausted him he didn't regret it for a heartbeat. He was certain that what Whitewish had taught him would definitely help him protect his clanmates, and more importantly his siblings. The only thing he wished he could forget was having to wash his pelt off in the river. Why do cats enjoy swimming in that thing? He visibly shivered when he remembered the waters freezing touch and he was just glad he had the sandy clearing underpaw instead of loose pebbles.
Batpaw settled himself down in a comfortable shady spot making sure he wasn't too close to any groups or kits. He wanted some time to think and he wouldn't be able to with commotion. He tucked his paws compactly to his chest and had his tail wrapped around him, as if to send a message saying he was closed off and not taking conversations at the moment. He tried to remember what Whitewish had planned for him today then it suddenly hit him. He needed to work with another apprentice. They said it was a good 'teamwork' exercise.
His stomach sank at the thought of having to work with someone his age, he already had enough trouble getting words out his muzzle. What was his name again? That's right, Gentlepaw. Upon remembering the apprentices name he began feeling better about the situation. I mean with a name like that he can't be so bad. Right?
Normally most of the apprentices already knew each other but since Batpaw decided to mainly stick around his siblings he never really got a chance to branch out and get to know the other cats. This will be a new experience. He thought, resisting a groan of apprehension.
@starfall

The alabaster tom had taken a break from his battle training with his mentor, them stating that he was advancing fairly quickly, and that they should begin to focus on something else. So, by the looks of it, that 'something else' was going to be bonding. Massive paws left little to no sound as he made his way across camp. Tail swinging back and fourth behind him, a rather bored expression plastered on his face. He could do physical work no problem, he was sturdy enough, but when it came to interacting with others, to say in the least, he was lacking. Sharp blue eyes flickered with curiosity as he zeroed in on the apprentice he was ordered to work with. He didn't bother to remember the toms name, he wanted to get it over with as soon as possible, a nap was calling his name. He kept his gaze with the ebony feline, never blinking, never wavering. Holding it until he was a pawstep away. At that point, the alabaster tom sat himself down, eyes half idled, rubbery lips dipped in a thin frown. "Look. I don't want to be here. So let's just get this over with. Did your mentor give you any instructions? Because mine sure didn't" he stated, voice loud, commanding. Gentlepaw knew what he was worth, he knew how to lead, he knew what needed to be done and when, and doesn't like to leave anything half baked. But, at the same time he's very good at procrastinating. "well. It's more like I wasn't listening." he confessed seconds after, giving Batpaw a grin. Honestly, he could care less, the apprentice knew he was stronger than his mentor, heck, he would argue he was stronger than all the rest of the apprentices here, dare he say even some of the warriors. However, he didn't like bragging, and only showed off to prove a point. As of right now, there was no point to prove, and it didn't look like this particular apprentice wished to fight. So for now, he'd just have to settle with whatever he was told to do, too bad he couldn't remember what it was.

"As long as I exist, you will always be loved."
Spiderthroat is the Deputy of ThunderClan
|| Site ||
The waves that crashed upon
The rocks that you were trying to walk along

And in my head I heard them play a song
For you and me

Let's get lost at sea
Where they will never find us

Got stars at night to guide us
Old July 16th, 2018, 02:00 PM
stardust memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspiciousmindz View Post

@Mauve

The zig-zagging apprentice going around camp caught the attention of Cedarpaw. His ears perked towards the feline as his amber gaze watched her for a moment. The movement had interrupted his daily search for butterflies. Whisperblaze loved when he brought butterflies back to him and Cedarpaw loved watching his father react. The funniest moments were the spiders that he would bring back on a stick.

Tail raising into the air in a friendly manner, the tom-cat had the bright idea to go see what the apprentice was doing. He trotted after Dawnpaw happily until he was able to catch up and see that she was following a beetle. The sight made his heart so happy. He wasn't the only one who enjoyed bugs after all! Most kittens would just kill them for fun, but he always tried to keep them alive as long as he could to watch him. Of course, he'd bat at them to make them move or if he knew they bite and they got too close. "Oh cool! You found a beetle!" he chimed behind the she-cat. His eyes were bright with excitement.
Dawnpaw had been so entranced by the tiny scuttling beetle before her that she had given little regards to her surroundings. Hearing a voice behind her sent shock waves up her pelt and she jumped, her blue eyes stretching wide and her fur fluffing up. "Cedarpaw!" she gasped, trying to regain control of her breathing. Unbeknownst to her, the beetle had been scared off, dashing away and under a pile of reeds on the edge of camp. In the meantime, Dawnpaw had her blue eyes fixated on Cedarpaw, a small laugh bubbling up once she had calmed down. "You about scared me half way to StarClan!" she breathed, although laugher shook her shoulders. At the mention of the beetle, the ragdoll apprentices' ears perked up and she grinned. "Yep! He's right over-" she began, turning around to point. "...here...?" Confusion crossed over her face as she began to look around. Where had it gone? She could've sworn it was right there. "It's gone," she mewed simply, though her ears and tail drooped a bit.
Old July 18th, 2018, 04:16 PM
on an indefinite hiatus

My Mood: Psychedelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by king kaleb! View Post
[i love long posts!]
whisperblaze listened to her story. he could feel his heart break. watching her sibling pass on.. their mother, and being so lost and alone while so young. how cold and numb she mustve felt in the dead of winter and no nest to sleep in. he was thankful that thunderclan had taken her in, or else she wouldve been dead. he smiled softly. finally, he leaned forward, nuzzeling his cheek against her, a maternal purr rumbling from his throat. "you mustve been so scared," he whispered queitly. he couldnt imagine a kit going through that my themselves. he wish he had been there. "im so glad youre okay, ive..ive missed you so much." he was happy. happiest hes been in awhile. things were starting to slow down in his life. his other kits were starting to grow up into apprentices, he and his mate russet were starting to grow old, retiring to the elders den. it was only a matter of time before it was his time to go. but through all of that, he always thought about settingpaw and her siblings. they were his first litter, a litter that was very special to him. even if he wasnt there for their first steps or first words, but he was here now. he wanted to be there for everything. he wanted to be in the crowd as she got her warrior name, maybe a mate and kits, whatever she wanted to do. he would be there. he pulled away, edges of his eyes teary and he pushed them away. he might aswell fill her in on his life,"my mate, russetswirl, would love to meet you." he purred,"and so would your other siblings. ive adopted soem kits myself, im sure theyd love to meet their big sister."

Settingpaw purred back as her father nuzzled her, smiling. She was glad that she’d finally had one to reconnect with him, to tell him what happened. Because now he knew. He knew that she’d just wanted to go and find him, the one cat that she knew would still be alive, and possibly want her. She had taken major chances, but it was all worth it for her in the end. “I was scared, very scared. But I had hope, which helped me to press on.” She was a bit of proud cat, and admitting she was scared was hard for her to do. She would like to believe that she hadn’t been scared at all, and she just knew she would survive. But, her fear had also been something that helped her to survive. It had heightened her senses, and led her to where she was today. She knew that she had to be afraid sometimes. It was a valuable lesson she had learned. When Whisperblaze mentioned his mate, Settingpaw’s ears perked up. She’d always wanted to meet her father’s new mate, and upon the mention of his kits, she let out a bright smile. “I’m an older sister?” She laughed. That was amazing news for the feline. She’d always wanted younger siblings, or kits. But she was nont old enough to have her own list yet, plus, she hadn’t found anyone who she felt would make a suitable mate for her. She wanted him to be the perfect cat, the first time. She didn’t want to have to go trough heartbreak, Settingpaw was terrified of that.

Character Site
--
See the bottom of this page here for characters available to RP.
I respond to rps on Tuesdays, Friday mornings, and Sundays.
Old July 18th, 2018, 09:34 PM
Back from the abyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfall View Post

The alabaster tom had taken a break from his battle training with his mentor, them stating that he was advancing fairly quickly, and that they should begin to focus on something else. So, by the looks of it, that 'something else' was going to be bonding. Massive paws left little to no sound as he made his way across camp. Tail swinging back and fourth behind him, a rather bored expression plastered on his face. He could do physical work no problem, he was sturdy enough, but when it came to interacting with others, to say in the least, he was lacking. Sharp blue eyes flickered with curiosity as he zeroed in on the apprentice he was ordered to work with. He didn't bother to remember the toms name, he wanted to get it over with as soon as possible, a nap was calling his name. He kept his gaze with the ebony feline, never blinking, never wavering. Holding it until he was a pawstep away. At that point, the alabaster tom sat himself down, eyes half idled, rubbery lips dipped in a thin frown. "Look. I don't want to be here. So let's just get this over with. Did your mentor give you any instructions? Because mine sure didn't" he stated, voice loud, commanding. Gentlepaw knew what he was worth, he knew how to lead, he knew what needed to be done and when, and doesn't like to leave anything half baked. But, at the same time he's very good at procrastinating. "well. It's more like I wasn't listening." he confessed seconds after, giving Batpaw a grin. Honestly, he could care less, the apprentice knew he was stronger than his mentor, heck, he would argue he was stronger than all the rest of the apprentices here, dare he say even some of the warriors. However, he didn't like bragging, and only showed off to prove a point. As of right now, there was no point to prove, and it didn't look like this particular apprentice wished to fight. So for now, he'd just have to settle with whatever he was told to do, too bad he couldn't remember what it was.
His attention flashed over to the approaching apprentice whom he guessed was Gentlepaw because he didn't often have strangers approach him, and with such confidence no less. His green eyes were wide as he stared at the tom, clearly he had expected a much different personality from him, but then again it wasn't his place to judge.
Batpaw could feel himself tilt backwards a bit away from him as he hadn't expected the loud volume. He was silent for a moment looking like a trout with his mouth hung open as he tried to remember what Whitewish had exactly told him. Maybe we go out to see the territory? No, that's fish-brained I've already seen it... Er, what was it... His teeth clicked together and large round ears twitched upwards as the memory flashed by, We're supposed to scout for fox dens! "I-If I remember correctly Whitewarsh-" He stopped to clear his throat, "Whitewish told me that we'd be going outside of camp to search for f-fox dens." Even saying the beasts name made a shiver rush down his spine. To be fair he had never actually seen a fox but the stories were enough to spark caution and fear in him.
"I-I look, er, I'm looking forward to getting to know you, Gentlepaw." From the start it didn't seem like Gentlepaw was very interested in spending time with Batpaw which made Batpaw think critically on himself. He forced a grin in an attempt to seem more charismatic but it just looked plain awkward.

Last edited by ConfusedCas; July 18th, 2018 at 09:37 PM.
Old July 19th, 2018, 04:38 PM
~Fae of the forest~

Sootpaws pelt prickled in happiness when she smelled the three familiar scents approaching the clearing. Rainpaw and Silverpaw are done training with Nightwhisker, then? she thought and rose up with a brush of her pelt to welcome them back. Maybe they can tell me what they've learned, since I missed training with my mentor today? Rainpaw can explain, and Silverpaw'll be happy to demonstrate as she always does. She were about to open her mouth in a greeting, but stopped as she saw them. They looked different...
Silverpaws pelt was radiating some kind of sunshine, like she had never been happy like that before. Sootpaw froze up when she saw how shyly Rainpaw crept forward- quiter than he used to be. She could puzzle the pieces together, but wanted to wait to hear what had happened.
"Hello there!" she called to them, and waited for an answer.
Old July 19th, 2018, 05:58 PM
on an indefinite hiatus

My Mood: Psychedelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Rainlight0 View Post
Whitewish's ears flicked in surprise. How had the lucky tom escaped the multitude of patrols that had been sent out? Granted, there was no shortage of warriors in Riverclan, but still. It was unlikely to make it to sunhigh without going out on at least a short hunting patrol. Fallenstar used all his warriors for sure, keeping the territory in order.

Her bicolored eyes followed his gaze across the camp clearing almost instinctively, before she realized and snapped her gaze back to his face, meeting his eyes when his own attention turned back to her. She smiled softly, eyes crinkling up slightly with the movement, before she lifted her paw, licking the back of it smoothly and drawing it over her own ear and forehead, smoothing the fur there better.

"Well, if you haven't been out today, what have you been up to? You seem a bit tired, so.. kits? Were you playing with kits?"

She asked softly, chuckling equally as soft as she glanced towards the nursery, where several shadowy shapes could be spotted moving about in the den beyond the shaded entrance. She had heard that Spicestorm had family there, but they hadn't ever gotten close enough for him to tell her about them.

Her white pelt ruffled gently in the breeze as she contemplated. Her mother had been a kittypet herself, so her soft white fur had been inherited from that side of her lineage. Luckily her father was a fullblood Riverclan warrior, but her fur still didn't have quite the waxy coating that was common for longhairs in the clan. Some days she and her apprentice Batpaw would go to the river, but she mostly avoided it, her downy soft fur just collecting water like a sponge.

Finding herself off track, she focused back on Spicestorm, clearing her brain of the tangent and letting a soft smile cover her face again, waiting for his response.

Spicestorm was a bit surprised when she guessed exactly what he had been doing earlier. The tom wasn’t really one to talk to others about his family. But that’s also because no one ever asked. So he supposed she might want to know a little about his family, since she had brought kits up. ”Hehe, yeah, I was playing with my younger half-siblings.” He meowed, flicking his ears a little in embarrassment. Spicestorm had emphasized half-siblings, and his embarrassment came from what he knew his mother would say if she’s had heard him. She’d scold him for being so insensitive. But it was true. The kits were his half-siblings. Well, half of them were his cousins. And that’s what kind of bothered Spicestorm. His family, and the way they seemed so messed up. Spicestorm has always just imagined a normal, perfect family, but their family seemed to spread all across Riverclan. And even out of it, he had noticed. But, Spicestorm had dealt with it. He’d adapted, and changed, realizing eventually that having a “messed-up” family wasn’t so bad. But he still was skeptical of his mother’s current litter. Mainly because of the father of that litter.
He smiled at Whitewish, wondering if he should say more about his family. He didn’t know the feline very well, but he figured maybe he should try to get to know her better. He needed more friends, that was for sure. His mother always told him so, plus, Spicestorm knew he was kind of antisocial. Well, a lot anti social. “They’re almost apprentice age, and they’re getting better at attacking.” He laughed a little, remembering being drug down by the force of all of those kits. “Working together, they are like a clan of their own. Out to destroy me.” He put in a small amused purr, hoping that Whitewish didn’t find him too weird. He just wanted to make a friend. That sounds so stupid... I’m all grown up now, I should have plenty of friends.

Character Site
--
See the bottom of this page here for characters available to RP.
I respond to rps on Tuesdays, Friday mornings, and Sundays.
Old July 20th, 2018, 03:39 PM
Somewhere in Space

My Mood: Sarcastic

@Doodle

Wolfheart padded out of the warriors den yawning, he looked around the camp hoping to see Splashpaw, when he didn't see her he sighed and began to walk towards the exit of the camp. He assumed that he could go hunting or somethings without being bothered, not that he wasn't in a friendly mood, he was yearning for some conversation and someone who he could talk to comfortably, but every cat already seemed to be having a conversation, and despite his friendly personality Wolfheart found it rude just to barge into a conversation, he growled under his breath, annoyed that there was no one to talk to.