Last post by Dolomedes
Today 12:03 AM

Old April 9th, 2017, 10:53 PM
it be like that sometimes

My Mood: Unpredictable

Default Re: SkyClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noire View Post

Umbraice glanced at Auroraflame with curious orbs. He flicked his tail, she sounded desperate. It was like she was pleading for him to take her away. Umbraice wished he could. He longed to let her see the places he’s gone and the adventures he had. He longed to take her to this mountain where she was able to be free from the line of duty. The tom hesitated for a moment. What if Grousestar needed her? Or any other clan mate? He couldn’t just swipe her away because he wanted the attention. Then again, when was there going to be another time that he got her attention?

Besides that, she looked pretty worn out. Tired. That was expected since she worked so hard during daylight hours. She hardly got enough sleep. She looked terribly exhausted, and this made the tom pity her. Slightly, though. He doubted that she wanted to be pitied. And, from the looks of her muscles he noticed earlier, she didn’t need it. It was a quite surprise that she had any. He met many she-cats that were on the leaner side. That was lithe, not built. Though Auroraflame wasn’t abnormally built, she was a nice size, and the silver tabby found that he liked that. This made him think that she worked out as well. Was she athletic as he was?

Why wouldn’t she be? She literally wants to go to the mountain he just came from. The tom didn’t mind going again though if he were to take her--to take anybody. It was fun when it was two instead of one. It was also dangerous. Mountains were no joke. Umbraice knew that cats got lost within the depth of the mountains, or predators lurked around waiting for their next meal to come by. Umbraice was never afraid of that, but he also couldn’t risk putting the deputy in danger. The tom would never live that day down if something bad happened to them, and he wasn’t there to protect her.

As he looked at Auroraflame, he debated in his head whether she would need protection. From oberservance, the she-cat looked like she could handle her own. She seemed like the cat that could fight whenever danger was around the corner. This did little to affect him. Umbraice knew that they were a clan, a team, and if one was down, then the other must fight in honor. Umbraice was never afraid to fight. In fact, he would prepare himself for a fight. It brought excitement into his life. The absolute thrill of striking an enemy. That would appear rude, whatsoever. He did not fight for sport, nor did he kill for entertainment. He fought in defense. To protect himself. And, others around him.

‘’You seem tired, though.’’ He responds, his voice laced with concern. A tired cat never lasted through the day. He knew that Auroraflame should get some sleep. She deserved that much. ‘’If you’re exhausted, we can wait. The mountain will not go anywhere. That I can promise you.’’ He says, proudly, and sits up straighter, puffing out his chest. ‘’Unless an earthquake come, then we’re out of luck.’’ He added, smirking. The tom knew he couldn’t tell the she-cat what to do. But, she knew what she needed. If she didn’t want rest, he would be happy to lead her out of the clan and into the wilderness. Into the style that he knew was his life daily. For some odd reason, he had a feeling that she would fall in love with it.

Umbraice carried the notion that the two were alike in many ways. He came to this conclusion at not only noticing her love for food, but as well flexing her muscles. He also noticed that she carried a comical side to her, and nothing could beat that. He figured that the two of them would clash well...and perhaps be great friends for a long while.

It was sad that she only got an hour of free time...how ever did she keep up with her friends or her family? How ever did she have time for herself? Alone time was essential when it came to the tom. He needed a moment of relaxation away from the clan. Only, his relaxation included finding some type of reckless thing to do. When a cat thinks of relaxation, they think of laying around, watching the sky, and whatever else there was to do. It would be hard for this tom to ever do such a thing since he loved the thrill of running around. Being energetic. It was who he was. ‘’One hour a day to yourself? That doesn’t sound like a thrilling life to live.’’ He answered honestly. He felt bad that everyone else could live their lives and seek fun, but Auroraflame, just like Grousestar was always on her paws--doing this, handling that. ‘’I have to admit that I admire you alot.’’ He purred softly. Who else would have the power to do the day’s work and provide a calm atmosphere for their clan?

Perhaps, the ebony feline did need to settle away from the clan. Just for a moment. Just so she could be herself. That was something Umbraice wanted to unwind. For the longest, he only observed her work. From a distance, he could only see that she was a bubbling character that handled serious matters. That was all he was exposed to from her. The tom seen her around the camp, sometimes offering her a small smile before he would dart away to do whatever he pleased, but he never stuck around. Now, here is was. Talking to her. Somewhat getting to know her. He used to doubt that she would want to leave the camp and go out to explore. He used to think she was a sweet, serious cat, but now...he’s having other thoughts.

So, far, he was exposed to her athletic side, her exploration side. Did she really want to see this mountain? Would she have wanted to see other places that he visited? Explored? Experienced?

Though her blue orbs pleaded to him for him to take her. Maybe it was what she needed to release some pent up tension. Umbraice got up once more, and he circled around her until he was on her side, ‘’Buuut, since you seem to be begging, and I can’t resist a beggar, ‘’ The tom smirked, joking. ‘’I suppose that we have an appointment with a mountain that is awaiting us.’’ Getting out of places was the best thing that Umbraice loved to do. Get out of it, or get into it. He seemed to be a professional of the sort. As he walked a bit ahead of her, the tom flicked his tail. ‘’Are you coming or what?’’ He called back, a new tone of excitement entering his voice. However, if she needed to stay for much needed rest, he didn’t mind that either. The mountain can wait, but her needs could not. Other than that, there may even be a resting spot for her to nap if they took this adventure. Whatever may happen, the tom was eager. He always had been eager.

The longer that Auroraflame awaited a reply, the more drowsy she felt. If the ebony she-cat didn't start to do something excitable soon then she was bound to fall asleep on the spot. The deputy had little time for anything nowadays, so any time she had she always made sure she used it well. But then again, the sound of falling asleep right now didn't sound that bad. It meant she would be able to catch up on some well needed rest and she could just relax her mind and limbs. Her nest would always be the more comfortable place for her to sleep, although the ground wasn't that bad.

But at the same time, she couldn't really say that she wanted to spend all of her time sleeping. She also wanted to go see this mountain. It sounded like a lovely place, and the type of place that she would like to spend her afternoon in. Then after that, if she got back in time she'd hopefully be able to spend time with some of her other friends. Perhaps she'd give Cliffheart and Scorchedpetal a visit in the nursery later. She loved seeing their kits. Whilst they were growing bigger each day, that didn't make them any less. The deputy was basically a godmother to those kits. They were a sign of how Cliffheart had managed to move on from the sorrow his leg had given him.

There were many things that Auroraflame could do. She could hang out with her friends or siblings. She could also do some training with Chirppaw. Or she could continue on with her work. However, the first two sounded much more appealing than the last one ever would. But there simply wasn't enough time for the first two. As boring as it sounded, working always ended up being the best option for her. After all, someone had to do it. The deputy couldn't say she minded too much, although she just wished she didn't have to do so much. She would give anything to have more time to spend time with her clanmates.

An idea suddenly popped into the deputy's head. Perhaps she should let her eyelids rest for just a few seconds. That way she could let them regain a bit of strength. It really was taking Auroraflame quite a bit of effort to keep her eyes opened. So with that, she let her eyelids close shut. In her opinion, this was the best idea she had had in a while. She desperately need this sleep. However, for those of which she was talking to, it wasn't so good since it made her look rather rude. She meant no harm though, she only wanted to have a bit of a rest. Now the deputy was letting sleep grasp her, tempting her mind into a land of peace and quiet. All she had wanted was a bit of rest, and now she was getting it.

A voice broke through her silence and Auroraflame quickly landed back in reality. Her head shot up in alarm and she looked around to check her surroundings. It was like the deputy expected something to suddenly jump out at her. She quickly worked out where she was and she relaxed. The ebony managed to only catch onto the last of what Umbraice had just said. "Oh no i'm fine! We can go," the ebony she-cat quickly said, despite what had just happened to her. The deputy knew she needed sleep but she wanted to go out and stretch her limbs properly. Walking briskly around the camp wasn't proper exercise. She needed something that would make her heart thump quickly.

After Auroraflame had finished giving her response, she made a mental note telling her not to fall asleep again. She didn't want to appear rude now did she? The black she-cat knew that she wasn't very fond of it when others didn't listen to her, so she wouldn't be like that. She was a respectful cat so that was how she was going to act.

"It's no where near thrilling," Auroraflame chuckled softly, slight signs of sadness glimmering in her icy blue hues. It really was quite sad to know that you had little time to spend with friends and family. She loved her role, but even so she needed time for herself. Watching her clanmates spending all of their day laughing with each others, always managed to put a sad smile on her maw. Why couldn't StarClan expand the amount of time that was in a day? Then she would have much more time to do all that she wanted to along with her work. Umbraice's next words put a small grin on her face. It warmed her heart to hear someone admired and appreciated the work that she and Grousestar put in for their clan. "Thank you," the ebony feline said quietly, dipping her head as a sign of respect and gratitude. The deputy could seem to find many words to use as a response towards his statement. Auroraflame decided to just let the smile on her face say the words that she couldn't get out.

Her eyes were half closed and she felt at peace. Auroraflame felt like there wasn't much that could ruin her silence. The deputy wasn't quite sure what was making her feel like this, but she was glad that it was working a miracle on her. The black she-cat liked being in her own world at times. She would then be able to block out the loud noises that her clanmates created, bustling around the camp and tending to their duties. It gave her a moment to catch up on her thoughts and just put her mind at rest. It was where she could just forget about everything and just calm herself. And it always worked. Whenever she had a headache from thinking about too much, she would just block out everything and go into this world.

A few moments later, she took herself out and once again, landed back in the real world. Her gaze slowly moved up to meet the gaze of the silver tabby's, her eyes calm and peaceful.

Now Auroraflame felt at ease. She felt ready for others to guide her through for a bit, rather than making her own decisions. She was going to just let others make her do whatever they wanted her to do. She wouldn't disagree, she would oblige without a thought. Beggar? The word cut through her calmed thoughts and she raised an eye at the silver tabby tom. "I might be tired and desperate but I still suggest you don't call me a beggar unless you want your ears clawed off," the deputy said calmy, amusement glimmering in her icy hues. The deputy had many sides to her personality that she kept hidden to her clanmates. Most saw a she-cat who was kind, bouncy, humor filled and fun. And she was. However, there were many sides that hardly any others had seen. The ebony she-cat then nodded and started to pad towards the entrance. Her excitement still bubbling within her, but not quite showing on the outside. On the outside, she was calm and mysterious.

Enjoy the good times <3 because something terrible is probably about to happen

Old April 10th, 2017, 03:09 AM
Hit love right back..

Bump Policy: Bump me on Discord if I don't respond in a week
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxJaggededgexx View Post
(I'm not sure)

"Okay good, don't scare me like that!"
She flattened her ears. " They will be due tomorrow. . " She Said.
(She's having four kits)

Hello, My name is Deerlie, I own Crowfrost of Shadowclan and Doekit of Thunderclan. I am available for Rp whenever, and I can be found on discord, so please ping me if you'd like to rp!
I am a returning member after over a year, so i am a little dusty on how the site works, but I'm slowly getting into it once again!
Old April 10th, 2017, 10:12 PM
shsl warrior cat

My Mood: Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by j a k e View Post

Watching the sun-kissed tom with intent lingering in his stormy green pools, the square-shouldered feline couldn't help but allow for a smile to spread onto his face; although it was barely noticeable due to his dark colouring. Sagemist remained still, with his soft mitts laying against the sand-like earth below. Thin wisps of air drew out from his scent glands as the tom-cat surveyed the other golden male on his journey towards the fresh-kill pile. His caudal appendage fluctuated every now and then, with velvety auditors swivelling atop of refined temple. Allowing for himself to once again become ensconced upon the warm ground, Sagemist cocked a brow upwards as his pupils caught onto the flamboyant feline that was edging towards him for the second time today; only this time a few pieces of prey had been enveloped between his jaws.
Grey-pink nose indicating that the prey was fresh, Sagemist's paws eventually began to grasp at the earth around them, as if they couldn't wait to feel the creature below them. Of course, the ebony felid threw a close-lipped grin towards the other tom, before pulling the vole closer towards his body. Out of the corner of his eyes, he watched as Morningheart had already began to tuck into his choose of the pile; so Sagemist followed his actions and began to tear strips off from the vole's body.
Every now and then he would look up to the other feline, with thick lashes almost covering his view, but not that it mattered. The midnight tom listened in to the booming voice that belonged to Morningheart, his auds flicking back and forth.
"Well, I'm fine, I guess. Pretty sure that being out of camp for a while will do my good, though." As the brute said this, he pointed his muzzle down to his legs, as a way of indicating that he hadn't been out in a few days. He then went on in a more husky tone, "It's nice to know that you're doing well, Morningheart."
A bow of his broad head and a shuffle of his paws against the rough earth, the sun bleached tom curled his paws around his prey as he pulled it closer in to him. Sinking his fangs into the meat of the creature in swift, small motions, he tore off chunks and strands of meat, consuming them within seconds. It was evident that the feline had not ate all day. Morningheart's whiskers twitched thoughtfully, the wispy appendage behind him flicking back and forth in rhythm with his breathing.
The sire's emerald hues focused on Sagemist, watching the brute point to his limbs as he rumbled. A thoughtful blink, and a small smile spread onto his well defined face. "Yes- a good hunt is great for the mind and body- not to mention good for the wellbeing of the clan!" The flamboyant feline's chest puffed out, the uneven fur on his chest made unknowingly visible if one focused on his chest. A dip of his muzzle as he tuck into the last chunks of his prey, and he raised his snout again as he finished his prey, tongue swiping across his lips as his rosy pink nose wrinkled. "Its nice to know that you are faring as well, Sagemist." A wave of his paw, and he tucked his free one under his chest as he awaited for the other to finish their own meal. A click of his tongue, his ears swiveled forward as he tilted his head. "Do ya have like, any kids or siblings?" The question fell from his maw, orbs glittering with interest as Morningheart wanted to get to know more about the ebony tom. "I'm not a dad myself, but I do have a few siblings. Their names are uhm..." He paused, whiskers twitching. "...Oh! Thats right. I had a sister named Freddie and a brother named Xavier. Both of them looked just like my dad, except for me, of course!" He pressed a paw to his chest, aiming to start a chat with the warrior as he finished his own meal.

Last edited by Ashley/Kestrel; April 11th, 2017 at 05:48 AM.
Old April 11th, 2017, 08:43 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathos View Post
[ i'm trying my best to respond with equal paragraphs ;; ]

Greystep's stammer was... out of the ordinary, Acornflash had to admit. He didn't think that he'd met anybody in SkyClan—or not in SkyClan, he supposed—that had a speech impediment as serious as the older warrior's. Well, he didn't talk to every single cat, anyway. He'd only just met this cat! There had to be others like him. Right? Acornflash didn't have a definite answer. Greystep was so adamant in believing that he was totally abnormal and didn't belong in SkyClan, so maybe he actually was..? No. That would be silly, he thought. Still, he couldn't shake that feeling. That dirty, disgusting feeling. Acornflash felt that he was openly dissing Greystep by silently agreeing with the other warrior's acrimony against himself.

"They don't," he persisted, eyes hardening. Momentary frustration was visible in his words; he dug his claws into the dirt and straightened his back, forcing his anger down. He did seem to get annoyed very easily—something he'd need to keep in check with this nervous warrior. Acornflash was a very decisive tom, and he often got bothered by how self-doubting some cats were. But to let that show now would likely make Greystep more uncomfortable, and he did not want that to happen. From the sound of the other tom's voice, he seemed to be growing more at ease around Acornflash, so to do something like that would draw all of that progress back. Or so he thought. He still wasn't completely sure. "They don't know what they're talking about," he reiterated.

"You're not a nobody," Acornflash said, picking up right where Greystep had trailed off. How could someone be a nobody? That didn't make any sort of sense to him. To be a nobody would be to not exist at all, which wasn't possible! If it wasn't obvious, Acornflash tended to be very literate; many metaphors fly right over his furry head. "If you were a nobody, no cat at all would know who you are! And I know who you are, so that makes you definitely not a nobody," he meowed. Sure, his reasoning seemed to be a little off and unsteady, but Acornflash would use anything to justify what he thought was correct. Among many, that was one of his other flaws.

At Greystep's earlier question, Acornflash had launched himself into talk about his past right away. He never liked memories of that to surface. The young tom paused to close his eyes after speaking, shoving his intruding thoughts to the back of his mind. Acornflash couldn't deal with his past, not now. He was just beginning to ease Greystep into talking with less amounts of stammers every time. He didn't want to go back to the drawing board and have Greystep shut himself away. He wanted to get to know this tom, he wanted to become his friend, but he couldn't do that if he made him nervous. Ever since the grey tom had stopped repeating his sentences, it had gotten significantly harder to understand him. He tried to ignore it though and just go with what he thought he said. "Yeah, I'm pretty glad I'm in SkyClan now, too," he sighed, opening his eyes and smiling at Greystep. It was a reassuring one, just to tell him that he was okay and that talking about that hadn't affected him in any way. Easing his nerves would in turn ease Acornflash's. Well, that's what he hoped, anyway. "You should be glad that you're in SkyClan! I'm sure you have cats that you talk to, right? Like how I have Nightflash and Splotchfeather," he meowed, totally oblivious to the fact that Greystep was close to Splotchfeather as well. A moment passed before Acornflash realized that he might... not have anyone. "A-and even if you don't, you have me now!"
Well, Greystep wasn't used to someone telling him that the cats he thought knew so much, the ones he thought were so smart, didn't know what they were talking about. If that were true-- and Greystep was pretty sure it was some sort of an exaggeration, one that he didn't appreciate very much at all-- then how come he felt as though he were so small, and somewhat stupid? As it had been mentioned before, he was quite a large tom. So the fact that he felt small was rather absurd, and yet it was there. Some things were rather absurd about the warrior, such as his irrational fears. He had nothing to be afraid of! And yet, at the same time... it seemed as though he had everything to be afraid of. Still unsure whether Acornflash really understood how intelligent these cats were, but grateful for the unexpected support all the same, a wobbly half-smile spread across Greystep's features. He still didn't say anything. Swallowing, he realized that his vocal cords felt more under control now.

It had only taken a short amount of time with Owlwing... perhaps it wouldn't take too long with this strange tom either? At Acornflash's next words, a look of amusement followed by one of interest crossed over his face. "N-not lu-liter-luh-literally a no-nu-nobody. I m-meant n-not im-po-import-ant. Important. Sorry if- if th-that was un-cl-unclear." His voice faltered a few times later on, but he managed to keep it under control to the point where he didn't feel the need to try and repeat everything in a more stable tone of voice. Wasn't it better? He felt better! A look of triumph passed over his features and he managed a more stable smile at the tom that quickly faded to a look of surprise as the younger cat mentioned Splotchfeather. Now, Greystep liked the cheerful young warrior quite a bit. She was extremely important to him, especially because she had cheered his day just a few days ago in a way that he would never forget... well, remember for a while, at least.

Forgetting who he was talking to, and his nervousness, a cheerful grin broke out on Greystep's features. He felt as though he were seeing Splotchfeather right now, not to mention that Acornflash's warm words had touched his heart. "I k-know Splotchfeather! Sh-she's su-super n-nu-nice. And thank y-ou, I-I-I really appre-ciate that." Some of his words were messed up a little, but it wasn't out of fear. It was just part of Greystep's nature. Perhaps he was just stuck like that, stuck being a messed up cat. It wasn't a title he necessarily wanted, but could he avoid it? Probably not. Greystep didn't mind that so much, it was the fact that the only friends he had were Owlwing, Splotchfeather, and now... Acornflash? Was that his name? Yes, Acornflash-- how could he have forgotten in that short amount of time? Perhaps the momentary flashback had taken his memory with it. He was truly glad that Acornflash knew Splotchfeather though, the little multicolored feline deserved the world... not to mention she more then deserved the few friends she had.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old April 12th, 2017, 03:48 PM
Friendly Coyote

My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
Suddenly Grousestar felt a wave of emotions crash over his friend at his words, his head tilting slightly as he watched it play out on her face. Was it really not expected what he said? Did Moonfrost truly expect him to say that he wouldn't care if he ever saw her again? He wasn't the type of cat who would ever feel that way, and if he did feel that way, he would never say it to them, not unless it was an enemy, but she was a clanmate.
"Well of course I'd want to see you again Moonfrost, you are a close friend of mine, it would be completely ridiculous of me to send you off on, and excuse me if this hurts, but suicide mission to find your family again. I truly do care about you and your well being, just as I do with every member of this clan." he meowed in a rather matter-of-fact manner, the tip of his tail flicking before curling to his side. There was a small pause before he nodded and looked into her eyes directly.
"I truly do care about you Moonfrost. Please don't forget that."
The light she-cat smiled and nodded. "I-I'm sorry, I just.. Didn't really know..." she said, cursing herself for stuttering so much. She should have so much more control over herself, especially after living this long with Skyclan. She held her head high as she said "I'll never forget that." Something about what he said empowered her. Maybe it was just him taking the time out of his busy day to talk to her, but she didn't really know why that would make her feel the way she did. Whatever it was, she felt happy, if only for a moment. "While it does hurt to know that they're so far away, I can only hope that my-their twolegs are taking care of them. I'm sure of it," she said happily, noticing her slight mistake and correction. Maybe he wouldn't.
Old April 13th, 2017, 03:52 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noire View Post

‘’Yarrowpounce.’’ The she-cat repeated slowly with a nod of her head. The name was peculiar, but then again, her own name was peculiar. It was a cool type of peculiar. A lot better than her own name. Splotchfeather truly did not like her name. Whenever she did hear a cool name, she locked it away in her brain, hoping to use it to her inspiration someday. The she-cat let out a pleasant giggle. ‘’I like your name.’’ She wanted to know how it fit him, but she decided to ask that another time.

At the moment, he tried to get up to get food. Splotchfeather watched him with a genuine care in her eyes. She padded around him, circling him before she brushed past him gently, halting him in place. She seen the slight wobbling in his legs. She seen the sad look in his face, and she wondered what ever could had made him...depressed. It was her job to cheer up anyone in need. She loved to help and care for others, so she beckoned him to sit down. ‘’Why don’t you just relax? I can go get something for you.’’ She told him, smiling faintly. Cats like him, she had to be careful with. This she learned from Greystep. Splotchfeather couldn’t just use her outburst of energy to make new friends. She would scare them away.

The she-cat made a slight flinch, but she trotted towards the fresh-kill pile, looking back once to give the tom a bright smile, before her eyes settled onto the pile. Her tail swished behind her, slowly as she scanned around what he might like. ‘’I didn’t ask him what he wanted. Oh, yeah, that’s great, Splotchy. You’re so smart!’’ She scoffed at herself. A few cats had been staring at her, thinking she was being...delusional. Splotchfeather threw them a smile, showing her white fang before she decided to pick up a small grouse. ‘’Maybe he liked birds…’’ She says, feeling a slight uncertainty within her. The calico feline prodded at the dead bird with her paw to make sure it was in good condition. Upon doing this, she picked it an trotted back to the tom, setting the bird at his paws gently.

‘’I don’t know if you liked birds. They had squirrel, rats, some other creatures--oh goodness! I should had gotten you a squirrel, shouldn’t I? What if you don’t like birds! I did this all wrong! Maybe I should go get you a squirrel too just in case you don’t like the bird. You don’t have to eat the bird, I just didn’t want you wasting your energy when you’re literally in no shape to…’’ Splotchfeather let out a frustrated sigh, closing her eyes, and breathing. The feline had to remind herself that she needed to learn how to not ramble on about nonsense. Quietly she put her head down, giggling softly. ‘’You can tell me to shut up when you want me to.’’ She looked back up at him with her yellow orbs. Many times she wished that other cats would tell her that she was talking to much. She didn’t want to be known as a cat who talked others ears off!

Splotchfeather was somewhat liked by the clan. She gave a sweet smile to everyone she passed, and she always walked with a bounce in her step. Her voice was just as sweet and caring, not to mention that her voice was needed to sing the blues away whenever someone needed a light at the end of the tunnel. The she-cat was a caregiver. Everyone she came into contact with, she accepted them into her heart, no matter how much they were annoyed with her.

As her eyes roam over Yarrowpounce, she wondered how he even got...that way. She wanted to ask, but knew it wasn’t right to pry. So, instead, she sat down, wrapping her tail loosely around her paws. ‘’Don’t worry about me, I’m not hungry.’’ She rolled her eyes playfully. ‘’I have enough food to last me for days.’’ She giggled, hinting at her stomach. Though she wasn’t that large of a cat. Her fur was thick, soft, and downy. This she-cat did love to eat though, and she never turned down a meal. So, when she did turn down this meal, she only did it so that she can be close to him, and tend to anything that he might need.

After all, she felt a small feeling inside her that Yarrowpounce needed her. She would do everything in her power to loosen him up, for him to talk to her smoothly--happily. For him to embrace her welcoming herself into his life. As she stared down at him, she knew she had a lot to work on with the tom. She just hoped that he was an easier case than with Greystep. That wasn’t easy at all. The calico let out a giggle, remembering the way she tried to get the older warrior to open up to her. He had been a stuttering mess, but that was alright. Splotchfeather was happy to have him as one of her best friends.

‘’You have to eat everyday. Morning, midday, and night.’’ She advised him. It was ashamed that he looked unhealthy. An unhealthy type of skinny. She didn’t want to see him with ribs and bones. ‘’And, if I see you around and you haven’t ate, I will force something down that throat of yours.’’ She says, her voice full of playfulness. She wasn’t going to necessarily force food down his throat. That would be plain wrong, but she would make sure he ate and that he would get stronger daily.

It was abnormal, she could feel that he might think this. That this feline, just met him, and was already forcing him to change some things in his life. Splotchfeather did not know what he was going through in his time. She wasn’t around for that, but she wanted to be there for him now. ‘’I don’t see how you cannot eat though...Food is amazing.’’ She sheepishly grinned and giggled. In order to get on a lighter subject, the she-cat settled herself down, so that she was laying on her stomach. She folded her paws neatly in front of her. ‘’So, how was your morning mister Yarrowpounce?’’ She tilted her head slightly, giving him her utmost attention. So far, so good. She wasn’t bouncing off every corner like she normally would. It felt nice to sit around, though her tail still thumped slightly from her lack of movement.
A nervous look flitted through his eyes as he saw her process his name, suddenly fearful that she would ridicule him for something, maybe say something mean about his name, say that she hated it, or that it was weird. He could feel his breath catching in his throat as he waited for her answer, whatever it may be. When she let out a giggle and said what she did, he had to blink a little and simply look at her, not quite sure if she really meant it, his yellow eyes looking at her carefully, trying to read her face for signs that she was lying.. But she was telling the truth. Flattening his ears, he glanced away with a meager, sheepish smile, stuttering out, "O-Oh, um.. T-Thank you I like.. I like your's.. Too."

She.. Actually said something nice to me.. He thought to himself as he struggled to stand up, puffing out a shaky breath. While his eyes were focused on the ground, focusing on trying to get up, he missed her eyes looking at him with care, something he hadn't seen in a long time. Though he immediately froze up when he felt circling and brushing past him, his gaze lifting to follow the she-cat with quiet confusion and uncertainty.
Oh no, she probably thinks I'm weak now. I can't even hardly stand up without struggling. What a sad excuse for a tom I am. Slowly his face did seem to sadden again, as if a cloud passed in front of the sun, his gaze lowering to the ground again. Willowrain wouldn't have wanted to see me like this, now I'm failing her even when she's not here.
His yellow gaze looked at her as she beckoned for him to sit down, which he did silently, glancing back at his paws. How embarrassing.
"T-Thank.. Thank you... I um, I appreciate i-it." He said softly, though not bothering to look at her, ashamed that she had to go and get him food because he was practically too weak to get it on his own.

As she made her way to the pile, the white and brown tom would slowly settle back to the ground, confused by the feelings mixing throughout him. Part of him was truly grateful what she was doing for him, happy that he was being shown kindness, something that he hasn't felt in moons, but part of him upset that he was unable to hardly stand on his own and upset that he had to get another cat to get him food because he couldn't get it for himself, or rather, it was too painful for her to watch so she went and did it anyways. The tom's gaze looked up again, to see the she-cat debating on what to grab him at the pile, his jaw clenching. I should have told her I was fine with anything, now she doesn't know what to get me, I'm making her worry ohh I'm sorry.. His mind whimpered out as he watched her, the edge of his lips tucking down in a frown and his head lowering. I hope she isn't beating herself up about it. She probably is. And it's all my fault too. I just can't do anything right, even when a cat is being nice to me.
Flattening his ears, he exhaled a sigh again and shook his head.
Why am I like this?

At the sound of her voice again, his ears perked up and Yarrowpounce found himself looking right back up at her again. She was rambling again but in all truthfulness, he liked it a lot more than her being silent. If anything, her words almost seemed to brighten his demeanor a little, the thought that someone cared enough about him that they would willingly go and get him food and then to fret over whether he liked what she got him or not.. It did make him happy, it helped to push away the bad thoughts a bit.
"N-No, this is fine I-I uh, I really.. Really appreciate y-you doing this uh..
For me.. I-I really have no preference f-for um prey, s-so you're.. You're okay.
" The tom meowed softly, looking at the grouse that was set in his paws before glancing back up at her, promptly shaking his head to what she finished speaking with.
"I-I would never." His tone was gentle as he said this and it was clear that he meant it, he would never in his life tell this she-cat to shut up, or to stop talking. He wouldn't dream of it. And it hurts to think that maybe some cat did at one point tell her to shut up, because her rambling.. It.. It made him feel wanted and it made him feel happy.

It was him who he expected to be told to shut up, to stop talking because he was too awkward and it was a pain to listen to. It's not like any cat ever really noticed him anyways. He couldn't say he was well liked in the clan because most cats didn't even notice him, they likely didn't even know he was there, or who he was despite him living in the same clan as him. It would be hard to imagine that a cat as friendly and lovable as Splotchfeather wasn't the most loved cat in the clan. Yarrowpounce couldn't find a thing wrong with her if he tried.

Slowly his gaze made it's way back to the bird, giving the she-cat a nervous glance before beginning to pluck the feathers off of the grouse so that he could begin making a meal out of it, but before he took a bit he would stop, suddenly feeling like he should share this. He shouldn't eat this bird all by himself, what if she was hungry? "Would you-?"
Hearing what she said, the tip of his tail flicked and he nodded his head, still uncertain whether or not to share it with her, despite his own hunger. "Oh t-that couldn't be true, I-I don't believe it." He said with a small smile, glancing at her before leaning his head down to take a bite out of his meal, his body quivering in anticipation of the nutrients it was about to receive, the much needed energy it craved. But despite the desperate hunger, he ate as slow as ever, enjoying every mouthful of the bird he had been given, and being mindful of the cat before him. He didn't want to be messy and rude, in fact, he planned to leave part of it uneaten so that she could have some. He'd feel terrible if she didn't get any.

As he ate, he couldn't help but begin to wonder just why.. Why this nice she-cat came over to him. Surely there were more interesting cats in the clearing to speak to than some lonely, scrawny white and brown tom right? There were nicer cats to talk to than him surely. And yet she had chosen to approach him. Part of his mind said that Starclan itself had sent her, as a sign it was finally time to move on in his life. She was the one that was going to turn his life ago. Bring him back to his old self. Help him let go of his past. And he wanted to believe this, he truly did. But it could just be his mind desperately trying to save him. It could be this was the only time he'd ever see this cat and after today he'd be back to where he was before. Alone. He didn't know this she-cat. He didn't know what she would do or if she'd remember him. But the quiet part of his mind said that she would. That she would never dream of forgetting him. That she was that life boat sent for him as he drowned in the ocean. She was his savior. And dear Starclan did he hope, for once in his life, that quiet part of his mind, was right.

"Hm?" Yarrowpounce's clouded yellow gaze cleared and he looked back up at her as she spoke, swallowing down his mouthful carefully.
"O-Oh yes I um.. I know that.." A small sigh escaped him and he looked down at his meal, approximately half of it was eaten now, though he had taken more than he wished and at this point he nosed the rest of the grouse towards the she-cat. His eyes widened to hear her playful threat and for a second, he could feel fear course through him. She's just playing.
"H-Heh, I-I'll um.. I'll be s-sure to uh. T-To e-eat then. Heh.." He nervously glanced to the side, an uncertain smile on his muzzle before he looked back to her, seeming to calm down a bit at her playful tone, but still not liking the prospect of food being shoved down his throat. It didn't sound very pleasant at all.

His gaze fixated on the half-eaten grouse he had nosed over to her before focusing on Splotchfeather again, shifting his weight nervously. "Y-You can uh, have t-the rest. I'd.. I'd f-feel wrong if uh, I-I ate all of it and you g-got none." His voice was soft again and the last part was almost mumbled as he looked at his paws. But once again her voice caused his head to lift slightly in order to look at her. "I-It's not.. That I don't like f-food it's just um.." A sigh escaped him. "I-It's hard to find t-t-the uh.. The energy s-sometimes to uh... Go to the p-pile.. To get something." Now his voice was really quiet, as if he had trouble admitting this to her, or was embarrassed or ashamed of the fact or perhaps even a mixture of those.
Licking his lips he would lay his head in his paws, yellow eyes focusing back up at her again, a small smile at the question. He always liked that question, it always had a pleasant nature to it. But the smile faltered as he thought about his morning. It really hadn't been great. He had just laid there.
"O-Oh it was um.. I-It was alright. H-How about yours M-Miss Splotchfeather?" In an attempt to get off of the question, he would smile back and act like his morning had indeed been alright.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old April 13th, 2017, 04:44 PM
Lovable Cannibal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquoris View Post

The light she-cat smiled and nodded. "I-I'm sorry, I just.. Didn't really know..." she said, cursing herself for stuttering so much. She should have so much more control over herself, especially after living this long with Skyclan. She held her head high as she said "I'll never forget that." Something about what he said empowered her. Maybe it was just him taking the time out of his busy day to talk to her, but she didn't really know why that would make her feel the way she did. Whatever it was, she felt happy, if only for a moment. "While it does hurt to know that they're so far away, I can only hope that my-their twolegs are taking care of them. I'm sure of it," she said happily, noticing her slight mistake and correction. Maybe he wouldn't.
"Don't apologize, but don't ever forget that. You are a good warrior and I would hate to lose you." Grousestar said gently and with that smile of his that always seemed to brighten another cat's day. Crossing his paws in front of him, he sighed and looked upwards, at the canopy of the trees. His ears swiveled as he heard her say that she wouldn't forget it, and that made him smile even more. He wanted every single one of his warriors to know that he cared for them as each as the next, that each of them were special and that he valued each and every one of their lives, regardless if they liked him or not. Some cats disapproved of the decisions he's made over the moons he's been leader since the disappearance of Lemonstar. But that never bothered Grousestar. What bothered him was when his clan was in danger.
"I'm sure they are being well taken care of. If they've been taken care of up to this point, I don't see why their twolegs would stop at the bat of a bird's wing. You have no need to worry about them Moonfrost." The leader looked over, a reassuring look on his face.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old April 13th, 2017, 08:52 PM
Lovable Cannibal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Of Evil View Post
The ebony feline had momentarily find herself a small pebble to play with, rolling it under her paw. Despite feeling occupied, Auroraflame couldn't help but feel rather awkward. After all, she was sitting all by herself in the clearing, having nothing but a boring pebble to look at. But then again, Auroraflame was a slightly awkward cat. As funny as she could be, she was still slightly awkward. Wasn't everyone?
A familiar voice quickly brought the deputy out of her thoughts and she looked up excitedly, eager to create a conversation with this particular cat. "Hello Grousestar! Indeed it has been a while," Auroraflame said enthusiastically, her excitement that someone had finally approached her to talk, exploding within her. The longer she thougt about, the more she realised that it really had been ages since the two had talked. Auroraflame was almost certain that the last time they had exchanged words was when they had gone into the territory to get rid of some particular cats who were stirring up trouble. "How have you been? I trust that the weather has been treating you well," the deputy continued cheerily.
She herself had been dealing quite well with the change in seasons. Leaf-bare had gone and now new-leaf had come into the picture. Prey had come back out and the deputy wasn't as thin as she had been in the middle of leaf-bare. With the increase in prey, there had been much more prey to go around. Of course, the deputy always made sure that others ate before her, and if she didn't, she was always taking the smallest piece of the pile. Sure it meant she was probably skinnier than most of her clanmates, but it was enough for her. As long as her clan was happy and well-fed, then so was she.
As he approached his deputy, he couldn't help but notice the stone she was rolling about, the sight making him chuckle just slightly. So bored she finds amusement in a stone. To him, it sounded like something he would do if he ever found himself bored, that, or watching the birds. But being leader, there was hardly ever a dull moment and whether that was a curse or a blessing, he wasn't sure. With the current state of affairs, it appeared to be a curse.
Settling down beside her and putting down his own meal, he would flash her a bright grin, enjoying the enthusiasm she had put into her reply. Other cats enthusiasm has always been contagious for Grousestar, even when he was young. If he saw another cat being enthusiastic, excited, or happy, he always found himself feeling the exact same way, regardless of the current circumstances in his life, and in return his own optimism, enthusiasm and joy seemed to be contagious to them. "Oh I've been quite fine, just as always really! And yes, the weather has been perfect to me, I hope the same is for you?" Tilting his head, he would give her a once over like he did for every warrior ,finding her to be slightly skinnier than average, but knowing he could be found the same way. It was a choice for the betterment of the clan and he knew not to question it. It was a noble choice that he himself often made.
"Deputy chores haven't been too much for you either I hope?" Chuckling softly, he would begin to eat the meal he had chosen in small, measured bites, taking the time to remember the short period he himself had been deputy. Hardly a moon it seemed before Lemonstar disappeared and he was thrust into the position of leader, but he took it in stride. Skyclan needed him to be leader and so, with pride, he had become the leader he thought they needed. He was truly trying his best, checking on those of his clan as much as he could, making sure everyone was well taken care of, making choices he thought would be for the clans benefit. He truly is trying his best. And he hopes that shows through to his warriors.

Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old April 13th, 2017, 10:48 PM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

My Mood: Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
A nervous look flitted through his eyes as he saw her process his name, suddenly fearful that she would ridicule him for something, maybe say something mean about his name, say that she hated it, or that it was weird. He could feel his breath catching in his throat as he waited for her answer, whatever it may be. When she let out a giggle and said what she did, he had to blink a little and simply look at her, not quite sure if she really meant it, his yellow eyes looking at her carefully, trying to read her face for signs that she was lying.. But she was telling the truth. Flattening his ears, he glanced away with a meager, sheepish smile, stuttering out, "O-Oh, um.. T-Thank you I like.. I like your's.. Too."

She.. Actually said something nice to me.. He thought to himself as he struggled to stand up, puffing out a shaky breath. While his eyes were focused on the ground, focusing on trying to get up, he missed her eyes looking at him with care, something he hadn't seen in a long time. Though he immediately froze up when he felt circling and brushing past him, his gaze lifting to follow the she-cat with quiet confusion and uncertainty.
Oh no, she probably thinks I'm weak now. I can't even hardly stand up without struggling. What a sad excuse for a tom I am. Slowly his face did seem to sadden again, as if a cloud passed in front of the sun, his gaze lowering to the ground again. Willowrain wouldn't have wanted to see me like this, now I'm failing her even when she's not here.
His yellow gaze looked at her as she beckoned for him to sit down, which he did silently, glancing back at his paws. How embarrassing.
"T-Thank.. Thank you... I um, I appreciate i-it." He said softly, though not bothering to look at her, ashamed that she had to go and get him food because he was practically too weak to get it on his own.

As she made her way to the pile, the white and brown tom would slowly settle back to the ground, confused by the feelings mixing throughout him. Part of him was truly grateful what she was doing for him, happy that he was being shown kindness, something that he hasn't felt in moons, but part of him upset that he was unable to hardly stand on his own and upset that he had to get another cat to get him food because he couldn't get it for himself, or rather, it was too painful for her to watch so she went and did it anyways. The tom's gaze looked up again, to see the she-cat debating on what to grab him at the pile, his jaw clenching. I should have told her I was fine with anything, now she doesn't know what to get me, I'm making her worry ohh I'm sorry.. His mind whimpered out as he watched her, the edge of his lips tucking down in a frown and his head lowering. I hope she isn't beating herself up about it. She probably is. And it's all my fault too. I just can't do anything right, even when a cat is being nice to me.
Flattening his ears, he exhaled a sigh again and shook his head.
Why am I like this?

At the sound of her voice again, his ears perked up and Yarrowpounce found himself looking right back up at her again. She was rambling again but in all truthfulness, he liked it a lot more than her being silent. If anything, her words almost seemed to brighten his demeanor a little, the thought that someone cared enough about him that they would willingly go and get him food and then to fret over whether he liked what she got him or not.. It did make him happy, it helped to push away the bad thoughts a bit.
"N-No, this is fine I-I uh, I really.. Really appreciate y-you doing this uh..
For me.. I-I really have no preference f-for um prey, s-so you're.. You're okay.
" The tom meowed softly, looking at the grouse that was set in his paws before glancing back up at her, promptly shaking his head to what she finished speaking with.
"I-I would never." His tone was gentle as he said this and it was clear that he meant it, he would never in his life tell this she-cat to shut up, or to stop talking. He wouldn't dream of it. And it hurts to think that maybe some cat did at one point tell her to shut up, because her rambling.. It.. It made him feel wanted and it made him feel happy.

It was him who he expected to be told to shut up, to stop talking because he was too awkward and it was a pain to listen to. It's not like any cat ever really noticed him anyways. He couldn't say he was well liked in the clan because most cats didn't even notice him, they likely didn't even know he was there, or who he was despite him living in the same clan as him. It would be hard to imagine that a cat as friendly and lovable as Splotchfeather wasn't the most loved cat in the clan. Yarrowpounce couldn't find a thing wrong with her if he tried.

Slowly his gaze made it's way back to the bird, giving the she-cat a nervous glance before beginning to pluck the feathers off of the grouse so that he could begin making a meal out of it, but before he took a bit he would stop, suddenly feeling like he should share this. He shouldn't eat this bird all by himself, what if she was hungry? "Would you-?"
Hearing what she said, the tip of his tail flicked and he nodded his head, still uncertain whether or not to share it with her, despite his own hunger. "Oh t-that couldn't be true, I-I don't believe it." He said with a small smile, glancing at her before leaning his head down to take a bite out of his meal, his body quivering in anticipation of the nutrients it was about to receive, the much needed energy it craved. But despite the desperate hunger, he ate as slow as ever, enjoying every mouthful of the bird he had been given, and being mindful of the cat before him. He didn't want to be messy and rude, in fact, he planned to leave part of it uneaten so that she could have some. He'd feel terrible if she didn't get any.

As he ate, he couldn't help but begin to wonder just why.. Why this nice she-cat came over to him. Surely there were more interesting cats in the clearing to speak to than some lonely, scrawny white and brown tom right? There were nicer cats to talk to than him surely. And yet she had chosen to approach him. Part of his mind said that Starclan itself had sent her, as a sign it was finally time to move on in his life. She was the one that was going to turn his life ago. Bring him back to his old self. Help him let go of his past. And he wanted to believe this, he truly did. But it could just be his mind desperately trying to save him. It could be this was the only time he'd ever see this cat and after today he'd be back to where he was before. Alone. He didn't know this she-cat. He didn't know what she would do or if she'd remember him. But the quiet part of his mind said that she would. That she would never dream of forgetting him. That she was that life boat sent for him as he drowned in the ocean. She was his savior. And dear Starclan did he hope, for once in his life, that quiet part of his mind, was right.

"Hm?" Yarrowpounce's clouded yellow gaze cleared and he looked back up at her as she spoke, swallowing down his mouthful carefully.
"O-Oh yes I um.. I know that.." A small sigh escaped him and he looked down at his meal, approximately half of it was eaten now, though he had taken more than he wished and at this point he nosed the rest of the grouse towards the she-cat. His eyes widened to hear her playful threat and for a second, he could feel fear course through him. She's just playing.
"H-Heh, I-I'll um.. I'll be s-sure to uh. T-To e-eat then. Heh.." He nervously glanced to the side, an uncertain smile on his muzzle before he looked back to her, seeming to calm down a bit at her playful tone, but still not liking the prospect of food being shoved down his throat. It didn't sound very pleasant at all.

His gaze fixated on the half-eaten grouse he had nosed over to her before focusing on Splotchfeather again, shifting his weight nervously. "Y-You can uh, have t-the rest. I'd.. I'd f-feel wrong if uh, I-I ate all of it and you g-got none." His voice was soft again and the last part was almost mumbled as he looked at his paws. But once again her voice caused his head to lift slightly in order to look at her. "I-It's not.. That I don't like f-food it's just um.." A sigh escaped him. "I-It's hard to find t-t-the uh.. The energy s-sometimes to uh... Go to the p-pile.. To get something." Now his voice was really quiet, as if he had trouble admitting this to her, or was embarrassed or ashamed of the fact or perhaps even a mixture of those.
Licking his lips he would lay his head in his paws, yellow eyes focusing back up at her again, a small smile at the question. He always liked that question, it always had a pleasant nature to it. But the smile faltered as he thought about his morning. It really hadn't been great. He had just laid there.
"O-Oh it was um.. I-It was alright. H-How about yours M-Miss Splotchfeather?" In an attempt to get off of the question, he would smile back and act like his morning had indeed been alright.
The calico feline felt a bright smile coming to her maw at the compliment. She was never used to getting compliments on her name, and she had to embrace the fact that her name...wasn't all that bad. Though she would had preferred something simple such as Splotch as she used to be known, or even Splotchy, as nicknamed by good friends. Even so, her name had fit her well. Named for the splotches on her pelt, and the prefix- feather, for the softness of it. Almost as soft as a feather. She remembered Greystep said the same thing about her name. The senior warrior was kind--skittish, but kind. Looking in front of her, Yarrowpounce reminded her of the grey tom. He was much younger, around her age she could tell. Maybe, older? Most likely.

The she-cat shook her head. Why was she focused on how old he was? He probably thought she was weird when she looked at him, but she couldn't help but stare at him as he was eating. She wanted to make sure he was eating every bite. It was a shame that he appeared...scrawny. He had the potential of being a strong warrior. She could see that clearly--did he? The tom looked so...lost. So...sad. Splotchfeather hated seeing sad faces because they made her sad as well. The calico feline mustered a bright smile as he pushed the rest of the bird to him. ''I said, I wasn't hungry.'' She remarked, though a gentle smile was placed on her maw. She thought it was sweet that he saved her a piece of the grouse, knowing that he needed the nutrition. Splotchfeather didn't want to take that from him, but she lowered herself down. She was grateful. ''Well, aren't you a gentlemen? Thank you...'' The she-cat bent her head down slowly, taking small nips at the bird. She had been hungry, but not my much. Her main focus was tending to the gloomy that needed a smile.

And, Yarrowpounce? He needed a smile on his face.

Her eyes looked up from the bird, staring into the yellow orbs of the other tom. One thing Splotchfeather wasn't afraid to do was stare at others. Stare at them until they were..well, uncomfortable. She liked to study them. Their expressions. Their frowns. And, at this moment, the she-cat gathered that something was hurting him. Did, he really just say that he was trying to eat, but the food pile was too far away?

I-It's hard to find t-t-the uh.. The energy s-sometimes to uh... Go to the p-pile.. To get something.

Ah, so he hadn't said that. He said that his energy was making it hard for him to get something from the food pile. Splotchfeather took a look back at the fresh kill, tilting her head and squinting her eyes before she looked back at Yarrowpounce. It seemed like she was trying to understand the concept of what was going on with him. The she-cat licked her maw at finishing the bird, a content sigh escaped her lips. Her ears twitched at the tom, and she smiled brightly. ''Eh, my morning was alright. It could had been better, but I haven't got much sleep. And, when I did I had a terrible nightmare, ugh! It made me wake up in a pool of my own sweat--not a good thing. I pictured myself around a pool of blood, and everyone was just watching me! Can you believe that? I don't know what it meant, but I hope it wasn't Starclan foreshadowing my future!'' She stopped, heaving in a large breath before breathing out. That felt like a long paragraph, yet she was long from done. ''Then, this morning I just woke up like nothing happened. I just chased after some birds, you know? Scaring them and such, but I only wanted to play! I don't know why little critters want to run away from me. I'm honestly not scary at all! Am I? Maybe, I am, but others don't tell me that I appear scary. Ohhhh goodness no wonder I'm annoying!'' She stopped herself from rambling, before she flopped down and rolled onto her back, her paws in the air. She leaned her head backward to look at the tom, her yellow orbs appearing larger and innocent. ''My morning was...okay. I could have put that simple, huh?'' She shakes her head, wondering about herself. Her mind was constantly running whenever she stopped. At the moment, she was at peace where she was. Acting as a kit, the female playfully batted at the tom, rolling herself over, so that she laid on her stomach. Her pelt fell to her side, covering around her like a colorful blanket.

''Do you choose to stay here?'' The female tilted her head, completely confused about him. His intentions. His desires. The tom didn't seem suspicious. Just hurt. She didn't want to be seen as being nosy in his business. At this point, though just meeting him, the calico dubbed him as a friend. Something she did quite often with other cats around her. Was that bad? Forcing them to be her friend? Maybe. She was a little forceful, wanting to appear bossy, but not to the extreme. She did care about Yarrowpounce. He was her clan mate. Now, she saw him as a friend. ''I mean, like...'' She trailed off remembering when he tried to stand up. Wobbling legs were never a good thing, and he seemed to young to have them anyway! She also assumed that he might have been sedentary. Never leaving his spot; glued to it. It wasn't her specialty to sit around. The she-cat knew she would go bonkers after about twenty seconds of just sitting around.

Splotchfeather tried. She tried hard to be a normal cat. What was a normal cat, anyway? Sure, she might have been more energetic than most, and she could learn how to shut her maw when it wasn't needed to be opened. She had flattened her ears when Yarrowpounce commented that he would never shut her up. It was quite laughable. She wondered how much he could take of her before she ran him up a tree and he never came down...because that's what it felt like she did with everyone. She did not blame them for leaving. In fact, she embraced their opinions and ideas of leaving because the feline felt that she was incapable of hating. She was positive that she would hurt, but for now. She did not worry about herself.

There was this tom in front of her. With his stuttering. With his wobbling. With his sad soul that called out to her. Clearing her throat, the feline shot to her paws again, twitching her tail. ''I'm glad you've eaten, dear! Now, if I have to come out here daily, and you've didn't eat?'' The feline half-lidded her eyes, smirking. ''You're in trouble.'' She giggled at him before jumping around, humming a light tune. Splotchfeather knew she wouldn't last much when it came to sitting down. She hate the thought of being planted in one spot for too long. It was senseless to her! It was nerving to her. Moving to her meant freedom. This she-cat valued her freedom and as she pranced around her new friend, she hummed a tune to a song she didn't know. Didn't really care for since she got many songs mixed up. It was a soft, bouncy tune that went with her flow. And, when she suddenly stopped, moving her head to look at Yarrowpounce, she wondered if he was good enough to move around.

Splotchfeather would had loved to go on a walk with her new friend. She hated that he sat there, so...saddened. Was he heartbroken? That's what she figured. She knew many cats had went through it, and there were so many to cheer up! The she-cat forced herself to start with him. He was the only important thing to get back on track. So playfully, she trotted back to him, nearing herself gently enough to make sure he didn't feel uncomfortable. She replied with a soft voice that her mother used to use on her brother when they would frolic through the wild flowers at night, and he wouldn't join. Splotchfeather never knew why her brother wouldn't join them! The flowers were fun! And, their scent stuck to her fur, making her smell wonderful everywhere she went. Though the song was meant for nighttime, she felt that it was appropriate to use.

''Are you lonesome tonight...? Do you miss her tonight...?'' Splotchfeather had paused. She didn't know the true reason as to why he was sad, but she felt that it was her apart of the reason. That he was holding onto someone special. The female never had anyone special or dear to her in the sweetheart department, but she knew most cats did. So, focusing on her inner conscious, she continued, ''...are you sorry you drifted apart...? Does your memory stray to a brighter sunny day...? Where I can heal your heart once again...?'' She knew it wasn't the actual words that her mother used, but it played a part in the situation. She only wanted him to smile. To feel...less tense around her. The calico knew that she could heal his heart if given the chance. She didn't think that she would heal his heart in that way, but in a way that helped him move on to the present...and to take fully care of himself to where he was plump and a strong warrior. As she circled him once again, the she-cat took a few steps in front of him, stopping in her tracks as she looked back at him, swaying her tail to the side.

''Are you up for taking a walk? I would love to get to know my new friend better.'' Besides that, it was easy for her to stay a lot calmer when she was moving. She had hoped that he had enough energy to walk around. If he didn't, she would feel ashamed that she invited him out on a walk and he was too weak to go on it. Quickly, she added, ''You don't have to though. If you're...you know.'' She whispered slightly, but tilted her ears forward and gave him a bright smile. Splotchfeather never forced anyone to do anything if they didn't want to. If he wanted to stay here, comfortable, then so be! She would be comfortable with him. She promised herself that she wouldn't leave him. She couldn't leave him...at least, not yet. She had to stay and make him laugh. Make him happy. Make him feel loved. Make sure that he knew he was loved. Even if she was the only one who said or showed it to him.

Being loved was important. Everyone wanted it, right? Splotchfeather knew she wanted it, but she was always willing to give it out. It was important. One less lonely cat. That was her job. To give love. To exert love. To make sure it was felt.
Old April 14th, 2017, 02:37 PM
Word Nerd~

My Mood: Sick

@Ludicrous Lunacy

The day seemed fairly warm now that New Leaf had begun and the snow was lesser if not completely gone from the ground, causing the tuxedo feline to be unsure of whether or not it was actually warm or if the simple lack of the annoying little crystalline ice that had clung so thickly to her pelt seemed to be melting away.
Regardless, the she-cat sat near the entrance to her den, slowly running her rough, pink tongue of the edge of a white paw, piercing blue eyes watching the surrounding camp with half-lidded deep thought. She enjoyed watching the cats around her, treating this watching rather more as studying than as appreciating her fellow clan mates way of life. She didn't recognize the emotions that she imagined seemed to dance like fire across the countenances of the others' faces to the eyes of anyone but herself. That fire was dead to her, or perhaps simply nonexistent as it is often quite hard for something that has never been to die.

Ebonypaw drew her white paw along her muzzle, cleaning the scent of herbs that had now become so familiar from its surface and breathing momentarily the air as others must breath it. The herb-scent had been overwhelming when she first became a medicine cat and now it had become the scent of home just as the scent of milk had once marked the home that was the nursery.
She carried this scent with her wherever she went, and therefor the untainted air now seemed bitter and tasteless to her nose that had for so long now beheld the smells of plants and stone.

Last edited by Brooklyn Trees; April 14th, 2017 at 02:38 PM.