Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Off-Topic (OOC) > General Board

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Lionsbeach
by BEAR.
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 12:59 PM
ThunderClan Clearing
by dino.
Last post by Fits
Today 12:57 PM
THC victims needed!...
by Poprock
Last post by Morrigan
Today 12:49 PM
..••°°forest's chaotic art...
by forest
Last post by forest
Today 12:40 PM
RiverClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by Yoshdo
Today 12:39 PM

Old January 26th, 2024, 07:47 PM
Going back on hiatus soon

Bump Policy: 3 days

Default Re: IN REGARDS TO RIVERCLAN HIGH RANKS AND PLOT FINDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaif View Post

I'm talking about IC rp drama bestie
Oh ok
Old January 27th, 2024, 02:08 AM
wanna play a game?

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura. View Post
Okay, so in my personal experiences, something that was never addressed. I was bullied by two members of staff on the discord months ago, and humiliated by said two members. From what I’ve seen, these members haven’t been punished, and rather, one got a promotion. I don’t have positive looks on the older staff because I’ve heard things from other former HRS and how they weren’t exactly given an agenda and proper warnings (allegedly,) with my personal experiences and the things I’ve heard from people I trust, I can’t exactly say you guys are angels. I also never got an apology.
Hey Sakura,

We appreciate you coming forward to add context to the input you've given in this thread.

Your posts outlining your personal experience have understandably raised worry within the community, particularly about the objectivity of our moderation process. I'd like to reassure you and our community that the staff team holds the well-being of our members in high regard and we approach reports of harassment with the utmost seriousness.

Our team primarily operates behind the scenes to respect the privacy and comfort of the reporter. However, we acknowledge that you have chosen to share your experience publicly, enabling a level of transparency that exceeds our customary practices. We aim to address this matter openly and comprehensively for the benefit of our community.

We've published a document with the information we have regarding the incident, which can be viewed here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

I empathize with your experience and apologize for any distress that you have felt. Our site is meant to be a place of kindness and positivity, and engaging in behavior that falls short of that standard is never the goal of any staff member. Your feelings truly matter to us.

Tone can often be unclear or hard to read over text, potentially causing misunderstandings to escalate even when no ill will was intended. In this situation especially, many discussions appeared amicable and light-hearted, making it more challenging to discern the line between playful banter and discomfort. In line with this, it's very possible that the staff members involved may have misjudged your comfort level with the jokes and messages being made.

With all of these nuances in mind, it was difficult to come to a cut and dry decision over whether the behavior constituted formal action. Ultimately, we decided that because we couldn't discern malicious intent within the messages, it would be better to instead take proactive measures to prevent further harm being done: BEAR. and Lillith were instructed to refrain from engaging in similar discussions with you.

I hope this provides some helpful insight into our process and the rationale behind why certain actions were or were not taken. All of this is to say that your report was not dismissed, and all messages and actions related to the situation have been considered in our investigation and response.

We will continue to prioritize the safety of our members and fostering a positive roleplaying experience. As always, we encourage you and anyone with questions or concerns to please reach out to a staff member. Your thoughts and feedback are heard, valued, and taken seriously. Thank you for being a part of our community and for having these necessary conversations with us.
i’m smiling too”

---

Last edited by panchiko; January 27th, 2024 at 02:25 AM.
Old January 27th, 2024, 04:16 AM
Queen of allthings SCARY!

Bump Policy: 2-3 days is good
My Mood: Stressed

RAAAH I AGREE! IF YOUR CAT GETS KILLED OR SMTH BY A HR, DON'T GO YELLING AT THEM! GHOSTPAW WAS MY FAVOURITE OC AND BUMBLE KILLED HER, BUT NOW I'M ALLOWING GHOST TO PEACEFULLY PLOT REVENGE IN THE DARK FOREST. (okay, I did tell Dino that I loved the scene bcuz it was so random but like-)

peez help hatche dem tank youze

Links: CLICK ME AND JOIN!
Old January 27th, 2024, 07:34 AM
I Love You!

Bump Policy: 1 Day! (24 hours approximately!)
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by panchiko View Post

Hey Sakura,

We appreciate you coming forward to add context to the input you've given in this thread.

Your posts outlining your personal experience have understandably raised worry within the community, particularly about the objectivity of our moderation process. I'd like to reassure you and our community that the staff team holds the well-being of our members in high regard and we approach reports of harassment with the utmost seriousness.

Our team primarily operates behind the scenes to respect the privacy and comfort of the reporter. However, we acknowledge that you have chosen to share your experience publicly, enabling a level of transparency that exceeds our customary practices. We aim to address this matter openly and comprehensively for the benefit of our community.

We've published a document with the information we have regarding the incident, which can be viewed here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

I empathize with your experience and apologize for any distress that you have felt. Our site is meant to be a place of kindness and positivity, and engaging in behavior that falls short of that standard is never the goal of any staff member. Your feelings truly matter to us.

Tone can often be unclear or hard to read over text, potentially causing misunderstandings to escalate even when no ill will was intended. In this situation especially, many discussions appeared amicable and light-hearted, making it more challenging to discern the line between playful banter and discomfort. In line with this, it's very possible that the staff members involved may have misjudged your comfort level with the jokes and messages being made.

With all of these nuances in mind, it was difficult to come to a cut and dry decision over whether the behavior constituted formal action. Ultimately, we decided that because we couldn't discern malicious intent within the messages, it would be better to instead take proactive measures to prevent further harm being done: BEAR. and Lillith were instructed to refrain from engaging in similar discussions with you.

I hope this provides some helpful insight into our process and the rationale behind why certain actions were or were not taken. All of this is to say that your report was not dismissed, and all messages and actions related to the situation have been considered in our investigation and response.

We will continue to prioritize the safety of our members and fostering a positive roleplaying experience. As always, we encourage you and anyone with questions or concerns to please reach out to a staff member. Your thoughts and feedback are heard, valued, and taken seriously. Thank you for being a part of our community and for having these necessary conversations with us.
Thank you <3
Old February 2nd, 2024, 10:49 PM

My Mood: Dead

It's been a good 2 or 3 years, but as someone who had a HR that ended up being controversial when I and the character ended up being the only HR from that Clan, I don't think we should put chaos plots to a complete halt, but should slow down on them while Bird and poppy are adjusting, especially ones that are going to make the other Clan's angry with the leader. Especially because all 3 Clan's seem to have some sort of vendetta against RiverClan's long replaced leaders and actions.

Edit: There are so many topics that have been brought up by this point, that I'm not sure I want to try to address everything being talked about and chose to simply give my own two cents about what, in my opinion, aside from taking a look at the day to day expectations of the HRs for what is essentially an unpaid job (not me yelling at Staff, I juat want non HRs to be aware that is how much effort is needed to go into these ranks, especially leader and deputy) would help ease potential stress for new HRs. Aside from OOC things, this is what I have pinpointed to what potentially could be causing the most stress and what we as a community could attempt to be mindful of when making our fun and silly plots.
Much love, hope this didn't come across as accusatory towards anyone

Last edited by Abyssopelagic; February 2nd, 2024 at 11:03 PM.
Old February 3rd, 2024, 10:22 AM
♡ Pixie ♡

Bump Policy: ✩1 week / 48 hrs if Time-limited✩
My Mood: Angelic

hello, bean here
As all of you probably know, I have never been an offical hr, so take my words as a grain of salt.

A while back, I made alt SkC, which is what im using for my example. It is not a real hr, I know and understand that, but tbh it felt like it. A bit after Alt SkC got a catagory, I left. I never said the true reason why, until now.

Alt SkC was big, and it had so many members and so much chaos. At the time i was 10 coming on 11. But Im sure for everyone who was in my alt SkC, they know what I'm talking about. Again, It wasn't an official hr role, but with so many people and chaos it felt like it. Everyone was putting a lot of pressure on me, and with not many people to talk and go to, I couldn't take it all. There was so much stress on me to manage an Alternative clan. Alterantive !! I made it for fun, and yet what I made for fun turned into something that stressed me out so much I had to leave. I say I lost my computer, but in reality, the real reason was stress. There was only one other hr with me at the time, so I didn't really have anyone to go to for help, and I didn't want to bother people who didn't rp in Alt SkC to avoid looking like advertising. So many plots, Nobody to go to, Managing over 30 people in one clan, It was... too much.

Now what point am I trying to make? It was an alt clan, nothing like a real one! But the thing is if I mannaged to get stressed out with an Alternative Clan with less than 50 people, Just imagine what real Hrs have to go through. Regular Clans will probably have at least 100 cats, and more people too. They have to keep their character active while handling regular life and doing all the requirements that are needed and expected of them. If I managed to get stressed out with a fraction of what they do, I can only imagine how they feel.

Now some people are probably older and more experienced with me, but still. With so much stuff, it is easy to see why they would want to leave. From time to time, I will leave messages to both Hrs and Staff to say how much I appreciate them, because i really do. They combined make WCO possible and they shaped it into this amazing site we know today

To any hr, staff member, or anyone reading this, know that you are loved, and WCO would probably be different without you here. Do what is best for you, and always know that you are safe and loved here <33

x ghostie is haunting this signature
Bean's favorite staff member Lillian was here
lio sneezed here (achoo)
you see crude graffiti... it spells "velli wuz here"
Rose caught the sickness (oh dear)
My Soul is in @/Ian's basement with some ice cream
Pocket Full Of Purrkies
Old February 4th, 2024, 09:50 AM
chasing away dreams

Bump Policy: once a week/48 hours for anything time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

i will be… making a statement here… at some point. just smacking a quiet placeholder right here until i edit this and put in some things that i personally have to say

┏━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┓
Springlight is one of ThunderClan’s current medicine cats.
She has a semi-closed den policy.
Feel free to DM or VM me if you have any questions or concerns!

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.
I am simply playing as their character.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.
I hope that's understandable.

ThunderClan HealingThunderClan Medicine DenCharacter Biographies

┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

worm wiggled his way in owo
ghostie is haunting this sig!
surprise! it's velli, several months late. shocker
Old February 4th, 2024, 03:33 PM
Scuttling in the basement

Bump Policy: When the stars align (2 days, 1 if urgent)
My Mood: Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura. View Post
I personally think that the next set of HRS should be decided via a vote by the clan

Edit: this post came out wrong so lemme explain it quickly. The recent HRS chosen have been people with 0 idea of what to do, and immediately started being criticized. There is going to be criticism. My idea of reducing that was to have the members choose so that was it wasn’t as… terrifying…
They weren't set up yo fail, they ere stressed out because people kept criticizing them, which isn't the selection's fault. That was because some of us were criticizing them instead of helping when asked

"Tomatoes are in the same family as some of the world's deadliest poisons. That just goes to show how rebellious tomatoes are."
"What about how the apple can fall far from the tree?"
"No, sometimes the tomato falls from the plant."

Ɛ> Toyhouse <3
Old February 4th, 2024, 03:49 PM
Life is full of surprises

Bump Policy: After 72 hours
My Mood: Tired

I agree we all should be kinder, I understand the fact that being a HR can be stressful at times and the HR just wouldn’t like it if more stress came onto them. Even as a normal role player who isn’t a high rank can still get stress and would leave if people weren’t kind and thoughtful about how others think. The HR work so hard to keep the clans together and making sure ceremonies commences and deaths announced and the fact of dangers lurking in the territory, it’s a lot to take in and put together in a long post, and role playing can be stressful even typing out the announcement.

I just wanna say this first hand that I support all of you HRS your all amazing ppl who are behind the scenes taking the duty of leading a clan or healing the clan while also having to work with school or a job I fully respect everyone here and I’m always open to listen

flareclan sign up - my Youtube channel- Character Bios - Forestclan sign up