Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > ShadowClan > ShadowClan Events

Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Croaking Swamp
Last post by IDIOTICBEAN101
Today 12:53 PM
ShadowClan Leader's Den
by BEAR.
Last post by paris
Today 12:49 PM
WindClan Clearing
by Ian
Last post by Realm
Today 12:44 PM
May Gathering
by dino.
Last post by Marigoldwhisper
Today 12:38 PM
Icy Heartlands
by pidgeon
Last post by silver.
Today 12:33 PM

Old November 17th, 2023, 02:41 PM
a winter in my heart

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Worried

ShadowClan [Swimming EVENT] Time to get our pelts wet!

Event [#event]

Lynxshade
Shadowclan
27 moons old | she/her

Shadow Fiend | Primal Instincts | Beefed Up (T1)

Hawkbite had given her the idea.
Dawnstar obviously didn't like her, but was it really a problem? The real mess was that no matter how hard Lynxshade tried, it seemed that she could never really fit in the new life of a clan.
And now, she had a chance to prove it wrong.

She had jumped on a rock in the middle of the clearing, waving her tail in signals and throwing gazes at cats around her to catch their attention. "Silence, please." She cleared her throat while her clanmates gathered around, satisfied that someone was at least paying her attention. "I have something to say."
Se was searching in the crowd with the corner of her eyes for Hawkbite, hoping she would see the familiar tom looking at her, but she couldn't locate him among all the cats.

Well, time to start then.

"Hello everyone, my name is Lynxshade. I know many of you recognize me as the cat who recently came from outside, and all I can say is... that it's true." She expected some sighs of boredom, and some of surprise. But that was okay; she didn't really care what others thought of her, as long as there were still closer clanmates she could put her faith into.

"I come from outside the clan territories and I bring with me knowledge, too. Today, I would like to give you the opportunity to learn something that could maybe save your life some day." And that, of course, saved mine at least once. But that's a detail none of us really needs to hear.
"As a lonely wild cat, you need to learn as much skills as you can and rely on them to survive. One of these skills is... swimming."

She gave the other cats some time to murmur between each other, knowing it would be unreasonable not to expect any comment about it, be them rude or harsh. But everyone was free to learn or not learn.
"Yes, I know perfectly well that swimming is an important part of Riverclan life; and I don't mean to stain Shadowclan's tradition by transforming it into a group of cat-tailed fish." She stared at the cats around them with serious, burning eyes. No one would dare accuse her of such thing right now, would they?

After a few seconds of silence she relaxed again, and her voice even sounded lighter.
"I want apprentices and warriors only, for this course. No kits. No elders. No queens." I don't want to endanger uselessly anyone who doesn't need these skills, or the most vulnerable members either.
"In the first part, I'll teach you how to move to let water push you and sustain you. Secondly, the most talented warriors will have the opportunity to join a friendly swimming race and show everyone your progresses." She announced proudly, happy that she had finally some role in the life of her clan.

Green eyes surveyed the clearing; would she see some of the highest ranks today? And what about Hawkbite? He would really need a lesson, hmpf.
"Well, everyone who wishes to join me... gather here in front of this rock. We're going to Sunkissed Creek. No apprentices are to walk out without a warrior by their side." And that was an order. Who cared if she didn't have the authority to give one.

"The warrior who'll win..." She began, leaving some suspence before continuing. But seriously, where was Hawkbite?!
"...will be able to ask me any type of prey as prize. Might be a mouse or a quail, a frog or a squirrel. Just don't ask for too much." She continued with a less cool tone, thinking about some crazy cats who might ask for hawks or lynxes as prize. Starclan, let's hope these cats have some sense in them.

"Shadowclan, are you ready?!" She yowled from her place on the short rock, showing her teeth and rising her green gaze to the sky.

How this works:
-After arriving at Sunkissed Creek, you'll have your cat try to copy Lynxshade's movements out and then in the water. I'll give you optional prompts so you can make it more fun! Don't forget that Primal Instincts already gives your cat the skill to swim! But that doesn't mean you can't join and have some fun.

-After the first phase, the warriors who have done well (IC, so it is totally your choice!) will be able to join the race. After some rping, I'll roll dices to decide who will win. Everyone will have the same probability to win, except for cats who have:
- Primal Instincts
- Well Insulated
- Skip the Steps (depends)
- Go with the Flow

Please specify within each post which purrks are currently active on your character!

Next post in 5 days!

Last edited by Wingnettle; November 17th, 2023 at 02:43 PM.
Old November 17th, 2023, 04:10 PM
brain dead

Bump Policy: 24 hours (literally whenever idc)
My Mood: Busy

Default Re: [Swimming EVENT] Time to get our pelts wet!

*Gentlebloom was kitting*

[NOT PARTICIPATING] - [CLOSED]

*Hiddenkit lurked in the shadows*

*Swampstream grumbled in the elder's den*

Hawkgrowl looked with narrowed eyes. Would this help him? He had not the slightest clue. He scanned the clearing for Hakwbite. The Enforcer was nowhere to be found. Hawkgrowl had a nagging feeling that Hawkbite didn't like him..but no matter how hard Hawkgrowl racked his brain, he couldn't come up with a reason fro why Hawkbite avoided him. But he didn't want to embarrass himself. He had zero swimming skills. Nope, this was not for him. He'd rather go out hunting. The huge brute stalked away towards the warrior's den.

Softpaw perked up from her spot in the clearing. Swimming lessons? Softpaw didn't know how to feel about that...well, it wouldn't hurt to try...would it? She searched for her mentor, Azaleadream, who seemed to be nowhere these days...Sighing, she slowly and carefully approached.

7/100

[PARTICIPATING] - [OPEN] - [ @Zel ]
Credit to the one and only @Cinnamon~
Check this out!- my rp on a wolf pack. Major roles include- General, Alpha, Beta, Gazer, and Healer!

Last edited by Sleek; November 17th, 2023 at 04:26 PM.
Old November 17th, 2023, 04:41 PM

Bump Policy: Anytime i might be slow to Respond
My Mood: Cheerful

is this only for shadowclan?
Meadowclan Sign Ups!

Perchstar is the current leader of MeadowClan!
Old November 17th, 2023, 05:16 PM
Engine engine number nine

Bump Policy: 1 week unless time sensitive
My Mood: Inspired

___...*| Thrushbriar |*...___
[ She/Her - Shadowclan Warrior ]

The young warrior moved towards the group wanting to join. Maybe she could make new friends or just being there ro be with her clanmates were fine with that.

Marigoldleap is a pretty active Riverclan warrior and I really want her to be as active as possible, so if there is ever a plot Idea and you need an extra cat feel free to reach out to me. Her and me would love to have something to do

Old November 17th, 2023, 05:23 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

My, a swimming lesson? This late in the season? Leafbare was just around the corner - if not already here - Nightshiver was uncertain if this was ideal swimming time... Then again, she herself had stood in the water just days ago when Larkfire found her. While mildly concerned, she shouldn't be judging, surely Lynxshade knew what she was doing. The molly seemed to be confident in it, at least, so the forever queen didn't utter a word. She only offered a small smile the feline's way should their gazes meet, silently watching who decided to join. Truth be told, her paws may be itching to step in the water, to learn further but, ah, well, she had a duty to fulfil elsewhere, and the white lady heeded the serious order no queens should join - obviously for concern of their kits, but does that rule apply to herself too, she wondered? Nighthsiver wasn't rearing any kittens, only looking after the nursery in its entirety.

Oh no matter, she told herself, better safe than sorry and she had already decided she ought to not participate when other duties called. Still, she let herself watch on for a moment, a brief few seconds to take in some fresh air when a young kitten walked past her and after the group of cats. Mothkit. She couldn't help the somewhat amused squint of her eyes, glad to see a young one so eager to learn, the interaction Mothkit had with Hawkbite still fresh in her mind. It made her smile, despite everything. Unfortunately, Nightshiver hadn't missed the part where only apprentices and warriors were allowed to join - and in all fairness, she agreed with the sentiment. A will to learn is important, but the water and air were still a bit colder this time of year - surely too cold for a kitten - and it would be hard to supervise one or more kittens among a group of warriors. And while she'd love to bring Mothkit along to just watch, she couldn't imagine any of the clan's elders to be particularly in favour of that, what with the recent troubles in the territory and general rules.

Quietly padding closer to the kitten, Nightshiver offered Mothkit a small smile. She couldn't help but wonder, how was she doing? With Woollyfeather's disappearance... And she was unaware of Mothkit's father. Offering the young one a gentle smile, the forever queen crouched low beside her and spoke in a gentle, soft voice.
"I'm... afraid.. this is.. for... app..apprentices, and.. warriors. Why... don't.. w-we go.. do... sommme..thing... in.. camp..?"
She thought for a moment.
"We can... see.. them.. off, ..here. And... I..could... use.. a little... helper... later."
She offered another smile, silently encouraging the kitten to come along - or at least, stay where she was. Though she wouldn't allow her to leave camp, per general rules, she wouldn't mind watching everyone leave with her and waving goodbye, wishing good luck. Perhaps she could speak to Lynxshade about teaching the kits some swimming basics sometime? Where they could do that was beyond her, but maybe they'd enjoy that. Something to think about another time, though, right now she intended on keeping the young one company and safe.

[ @bubblegum. ]

Old November 17th, 2023, 05:38 PM
error in the code

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelle View Post

My, a swimming lesson? This late in the season? Leafbare was just around the corner - if not already here - Nightshiver was uncertain if this was ideal swimming time... Then again, she herself had stood in the water just days ago when Larkfire found her. While mildly concerned, she shouldn't be judging, surely Lynxshade knew what she was doing. The molly seemed to be confident in it, at least, so the forever queen didn't utter a word. She only offered a small smile the feline's way should their gazes meet, silently watching who decided to join. Truth be told, her paws may be itching to step in the water, to learn further but, ah, well, she had a duty to fulfil elsewhere, and the white lady heeded the serious order no queens should join - obviously for concern of their kits, but does that rule apply to herself too, she wondered? Nighthsiver wasn't rearing any kittens, only looking after the nursery in its entirety.

Oh no matter, she told herself, better safe than sorry and she had already decided she ought to not participate when other duties called. Still, she let herself watch on for a moment, a brief few seconds to take in some fresh air when a young kitten walked past her and after the group of cats. Mothkit. She couldn't help the somewhat amused squint of her eyes, glad to see a young one so eager to learn, the interaction Mothkit had with Hawkbite still fresh in her mind. It made her smile, despite everything. Unfortunately, Nightshiver hadn't missed the part where only apprentices and warriors were allowed to join - and in all fairness, she agreed with the sentiment. A will to learn is important, but the water and air were still a bit colder this time of year - surely too cold for a kitten - and it would be hard to supervise one or more kittens among a group of warriors. And while she'd love to bring Mothkit along to just watch, she couldn't imagine any of the clan's elders to be particularly in favour of that, what with the recent troubles in the territory and general rules.

Quietly padding closer to the kitten, Nightshiver offered Mothkit a small smile. She couldn't help but wonder, how was she doing? With Woollyfeather's disappearance... And she was unaware of Mothkit's father. Offering the young one a gentle smile, the forever queen crouched low beside her and spoke in a gentle, soft voice.
"I'm... afraid.. this is.. for... app..apprentices, and.. warriors. Why... don't.. w-we go.. do... sommme..thing... in.. camp..?"
She thought for a moment.
"We can... see.. them.. off, ..here. And... I..could... use.. a little... helper... later."
She offered another smile, silently encouraging the kitten to come along - or at least, stay where she was. Though she wouldn't allow her to leave camp, per general rules, she wouldn't mind watching everyone leave with her and waving goodbye, wishing good luck. Perhaps she could speak to Lynxshade about teaching the kits some swimming basics sometime? Where they could do that was beyond her, but maybe they'd enjoy that. Something to think about another time, though, right now she intended on keeping the young one company and safe.

[ @bubblegum. ]

~~Mothkit~~

Mothkit glanced over at at the new cat that came over and said that she couldn't participate. "ARRRGG!" She shouted, disappointed. She was sad now. Then the new cat spoke again. "I help! I help!" She cried and ran to the new cat and stood next to her with a big smile.

help choose my new cat's clan

◺--------------◿
Old November 17th, 2023, 06:44 PM

Status: Did you know that Goldfish actually have memories of up to 3 years?
Bump Policy: Honestly, whenever. I most likely forgot about it as I have the attention span on a goldfish
My Mood: Queenly

OspreySplash and LeapMoon padded over

ShadePaw ran over.
Old November 18th, 2023, 03:11 AM
Master of bad jokes

Status: Please bump me if I haven't replied to an rp I'm very behind schedule!
Bump Policy: 2 days or 1 day if time sensitive. I am very forgetful
My Mood: Busy

Darkcloud
Shadowclan warrrior
Purrks: Just a scratch and Shadow fiend(both unactive)

Ears swivelling in Lynxshade's direction as she spoke, Darkcloud tilted her head in interest. Wasn't this the new cat? The outsider? Hmm...she admitted she wasn't the warmest cat with new clanmates so when her suspicions were confirmed her only response was her narrowing her eyes as she always did.

Swimming? Swimming!? They weren't Riverclanners! Though Lynxshade quickly cleared it up, it didn't calm the dark she-cat's hidden anger. Swimming was dangerous and not for Shadowclanners, they didn't have the same skills as Riverclan and to her they didn't need them they were perfectly fine lurking in the shadows...still, she guessed she could go anyways to make sure nothing bad happened.

Lingering in the shadows for a moment longer she finally stalked up quietly to the stone and sat down, keeping her distance away from the rest of the cats and secretly casting cold glances at Lynxshade at any chance she got.

OPEN

Please tap on the eggs and small dragons!^^

Old November 18th, 2023, 03:11 AM
The forgetful one

Status: Alligator bites are focused on the down stroke of their bite. YOU CAN HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT. [YAY]
Bump Policy: Whenever I am needed, speaketh my name and I shall arrive.
My Mood: Talented

Wolftooth and Brokentalon slowly padded over together.
And here's a shop (the zalgo stuff is a bit of lore regarding the shop existing.)
Old November 18th, 2023, 09:21 AM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Thornpaw
6 moons. A young lanky black-ticked tom with green eyes.

Thornpaw's ears perked up as he heard Lynxshade's voice yowling out, his head immediately lurching up to swivel and look in the direction of the warrior. In a wild desperation to get over there before most of the other apprentices, the lanky young tom practically tripped over his own paws before scampering over and sitting near the front of the group. His eyes were hungry, he wanted to learn, and he wanted to be better than the others. If there were any apprentices not going to this? He'd be sure to rub his swimming abilities in their faces.
"Why isn't there an apprentice race huh? Are you too scared that I'll beat everyone and someone will go home crying to their mommy?" His voice yowled up to Lynxshade with a small lash of his tail. He wanted the chance to get a prey of his choice too.

In the end it obviously wouldn't matter if there was a race for apprentices or not, he was going to learn how to swim one way or another. Flexing his claws impatiently into the wet earth, he'd look towards the camp entrance, ready to go bounding out after Lynxshade when it was time to go.
@Wingnettle (Just mentioning you since Thornpaw yelled at Lynx lol)

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?

Last edited by The Cannibal; November 18th, 2023 at 09:21 AM.