Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > WindClan > WindClan Events

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!

Need a helping hand? Check out this thread for info on how to get some egg hunt hints!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
A Lesson in the...
by Dark
Last post by Dark
Today 03:18 AM
The Orange Tree!...
Last post by kittycatburmise
Today 02:59 AM
RiverClan Nursery
by BEAR.
Last post by the kitty
Today 02:53 AM
Q & A! (With my...
Last post by *_Athena_*
Today 02:41 AM
Otterkit Finder
by nyx
Last post by the kitty
Today 01:58 AM
Closed Thread

Old February 10th, 2018, 08:58 PM

My Mood: Amused

Default Re: WindClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Coming out into the territory, Obsidiansky felt odd taking the lead. He was normally walking alongside someone, or if he was in front, it was in a race. He wasn’t really guiding other cats around most of the time. There was a certain amount of discomfort involved in his guiding, but he supposed it would all be worth it later. He’d volunteered, right? That meant that he was doing the right thing now. ”I don’t think too much has changed since you’ve last been here… I mean… everything’s a little different, but that’s just day-to-day stuff. It’s still recovering a little bit from the fire, but it’ll be the same in no time.” Obsidiansky was trying to find something to talk about, because he felt nervous. At the moment he had been addressing Infernosky, while he tried to think of something else to say.

He glanced back momentarily at the cats behind him before turning back to the front. The territory in front of him didn’t feel quite as friendly now, and he felt like he should be saying something else to guide them along. ”Uh… Jitter, or - or Russel, do either of you want to come walk up here with me?” He asked, glancing back at the two of them again and giving a small smile to make his invitation try and seem more genuine. It just didn’t feel right for him to be walking in more of a line - he was used to being in a group, and it seemed safer that way, too. ”Infernosky, what about you? Do you want to come walk up here with me?”

By now, he was just grasping at straws to try and find a way for this to be more comfortable. Obsidiansky was social by nature - the former deputy might scare him a little bit, but her friends definitely didn’t, and he had enjoyed the conversations they’d had before. It was nice to talk to someone who was more reserved every once in a while. To him, there was something about Infernosky that he couldn’t quite figure out - but he really wanted to. Whatever it was, soon the dark furred warrior would know, and he would probably feel a lot more satisfied when he did. He liked talking to her. She was different from Sagewhisker and Canineheart and Fawnskip… the three of them were pretty much the closest she-cat friends he had, but they were all friendly and open and he had had a crush on/was crushing on one of them.

Or all of them. He wasn’t actually quite sure, which was what made this much nicer. Infernosky seemed like the type of cat he could learn something from, and he wouldn’t have to worry about feelings or anything like that. Had she ever been in love? Maybe. Maybe he would find out at some point. He wanted to know everything… what it had been like with the rogues who had pretty much kidnapped her, what Dapplestar had been like (since she’d been close to the leader), what it had been like in the city, what her favorite time of day was… what her favorite activity was… Obsidiansky loved learning things about other cats. He would, of course, have to learn all of these things about Russel and Jitter too. All three of them. They were new here, and for a cat who had never been outside of the Clan - who had no idea what it was like to be on his own - whatever they told him was bound to be fascinating.

@InfernoFlicker
The fire. Russel was reminded of the previous disaster that occurred before their coming to Windclan. He had forgotten about that fact. He wondered if Obsidiansky was right--did Windclan look pretty much the same to Infernosky? I mean, the cats were obviously new and young, not familiar with the former deputy, but, was the atmosphere the same? The scent? The greenery? The tall, thick-pelted chartreaux glanced backward to look at Infernosky, who was quietly taking up the rear, eyes somewhat distant and focused on nothing, brows furrowed. He wondered if it ever got tiring, making that intense face all day. Perhaps her face muscles have just grown so used to it that it felt as natural as your face would in it's most relaxed state. He let out a small sigh to himself, concerned for his strong, but troubled friend.

Meanwhile, Jitterpaw was already heading off course. She had stayed directly beside Russel for a few moments, until the lovely view of the moorlands came into view. Even though she had been traveling through endless moorlands just a day before, a youthful excitement welled up inside her. This was her land now. Her territory. Her turf. And she would spend the rest of her days exploring it, familiarizing herself with it, and defending it. Just like a home. With that thought, she gleefully veered off to the left in an airy leap and bounded about aimlessly in the tall grass, stirring up the pollen, dried underbrush and frightening all the insects into flight. She turned back to the traveling group and cut to the right of them, leaping across the path just in front of Obsidiansky, yelling, "Woohoooo!" And continued to bound in circles, all the while ignoring the loud and angry voices of the insects, making known their displeasure at having their little homes and resting places destroyed.

Infernosky watched the giddy little fae frolic about, at first displeased with her careless behavior. Then, before she opened her mouth to scorn the poor creature once again, she paused. Jitterpaw rarely seemed THIS happy, and sure, she could be charismatic all the time. There was something about seeing the pure joy in this young, brain-sick feline, who had been abused and rejected by her family in the monster and twoleg city. She was celebrating her home, and Infernosky was willing to give her that. Perspective changed, she put up with Jitterpaw's hollering, expression softening just a tad.

As a result, Jitterpaw totally missed Obsidiansky's invitation to walk up front. However, Obsidiansky's invitation made Infernosky realize just what she had done---put them all in a line. That wasn't usually how patrols went, was it? Some small details like that must have slipped her mind during her long journey back. She had, however, always organized Russelfur and Jitterpaw into a line as they traveled, with Russel or Infernosky alternating the front and back, always watching out for danger to protect Jitterpaw. The red tabby fae realized this was no longer a dangerous journey for survival, but a peaceful territory, filled only with prey and other friendly clan cats. Well, for the most part, anyway.

Now realizing how strange that instruction might have sounded to Obsidiansky. Russel had kindly rejected the offer, explaining that since he had no idea where they were going, he shouldn't be anywhere near the front. Plus, he had to keep an eye on Jitterpaw to make sure she didn't get herself lost or fall into a ditch. That then left Infernosky to respond with, "Er, yes, I believe I remember this particular pathway." With a few quick and steady strides, she came up to Obsidiansky's flank, matching his pace. Unfortunately, now that they were side by side, she felt the need to make conversation---something she had wanted to avoid. She was never good at making small talk, especially on patrols. She remembered, with some amusement, that many of the patrols she led would be dead quiet among the other cats, afraid to make a sound that might disturb the former deputy's focus. Some apprentices would complain that she would take things too seriously, and she would just frighten them back into silence. The only words that would be spoken sometimes would be orders, observations about the weather, prey, or scents. Now, things were much more lighthearted, and she wasn't sure how to react. So she kept quiet, avoiding Obsidiansky's eyes, and stiffly looked off into the forest somewhere.

Russelfur then decided to help the situation, "So, where are we off to first? A border? A training ground?"

The large grey tom was silently proud of himself for remembering such terms; only yesterday and earlier this morning had he learned some of clan cat terminology, and he was surely determined to be a quick study.
Old February 10th, 2018, 09:23 PM
so nasty

Default Re: WindClan Clearing

+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual Scribbles View Post

Ploverpelt padded alongside the tom, headed toward the most secluded place they could find. When the two reached it, Ploverpelt kept her fur fluffed out and angled her body so that not many cats could still see them. She kept the pity from her green-eyed gaze as Nimblewhisker broke down. Not many cats liked pity. It only seemed to make them upset. She instead filled her features with understanding and concern. "Oh, Nimblewhisker," she mewed.

She could remember the hateful glares of her Clanmates when she herself had come out. She didn't understand either why everyone was so upset. Why did she automatically have to fall in love with a tom simply because she was a molly? What was so wrong with loving she-cats, toms, and anycat inbetween? Why couldn't they just love her the way she loved them?

"Nimblewhisker, I-" she paused, trying to choose her words carefully. Ploverpelt didn't want to inspire false hope inside the friend she cared so much about. She only wanted to make him feel better. "I don't think they hate you..." she meowed gently, "I think they just don't understand. Sometimes that's what happens when cats don't understand something; they attack it. But Nimblewhisker, they did that to me too, and I got through it because of you... now it's my turn to help you."

Ploverpelt thought of her sister, Buttercupbreeze. The other she-cat didn't quite understand Ploverpelt, but she was courteous. The she-cat knew there were others in the Clan who were the same way to Nimblewhisker. "Think of it the way I did... if those cats don't understand, then the hateful things they're saying can't be true, can they?" She purred cautiously. She shifted her paws on the snow-covered ground, her paws finally starting to feel the chill. She hoped that when new-leaf came, it'd start to get warmer.
"I-I guess," He muttered quietly, "It just seems s-so stupid to me! Why can't every cat just g-get along?" It didn't seem like that much to ask for. As much as he wanted to deny it was true that the world they lived in was somewhat of a cruel place. One filled with death, disease, and seemly horrible things around every corner. So why in StarClan's name would cats make the world an even dungier place by being so rude and insensitive to each other?

He was just glad he had a friend like Ploverpelt who understood and listened to him without being condescending or pitying him in the process. Those kinda cats, in general, were hard to find and he was glad to be able to call one of the few his friend.

"Thank you, Ploverpelt," He meowed as his mind finally beginning to clear, "I'm really lucky to have such a kind and supportive friend like you." He gave her an affectionate lick on the cheek before continuing,"It's good to know I have someone to confide in when times get tough."

Old February 10th, 2018, 09:42 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Bump Policy: Never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panic! (at the Disco) View Post
Caracalspirit pushed back the doubt she felt about raising a kit. "It can't be too hard," she mewed, to calm herself and her mate. She sniffed the tiny bundle before running her tongue calmly through its fur, hoping she was doing this right. She barely visited the nursery - she wasn't expecting and didn't have any kits, so there was no need. "Does it have a name?" She asked, ceasing her licking for a moment. A name would be useful - she couldn't keep calling it 'the kit'. She smiled slightly, feeling a strange warmth in her chest. "I think we can do this," she mewed, surely she could raise the kit Hawkfeather found, she had a couple of motherly instincts simply from being a she-cat. She continued to lick the small bundle of fluff, smiling slightly and feeling a fuzzy warmth grow in her chest. An urge to protect the kit taking over as she lifted her head. "I mean - if you wanted to take care of it," she mumbled, knowing her mates decision also counted in this, not just her own.
Hawkfeather couldn’t help but let a small smile come to his maw as he gazed at his beautiful mate with a sense of love and pride, seeing how well she was taking this abrupt change in their life together. Thinking over it, the tan-furred male probably shouldn’t have worried about this all in the first place like he had done, surely not as much at the very least. “As long as we both work together, I’m sure that we can handle one kitten.” He mentioned to her with a light swish of his tail across the loose dirt behind him. Many cats in the clans usually raised litters of kittens, which ranged from two to even five little bundles to care for - certainly one kitten between them shouldn’t cause much trouble? As the warrior thought this, Hawkfeather gazed down at the shekit that had already seemed attached to Caracalspirit, seeing the kindhearted female as a mother figure faster than he had originally expected. This was a good thing though, without a doubt. “I think she has already taken a liking to you, my dear.” He said with another sense of happy feelings flowing through his fur. The small white-and-brown furred kitten’s delightful purring could surely be heard as his mate ran her tongue gently through the tiny creature’s softened pelt. He grew relaxed with his sense of ease and peace that seemed to linger between the three of them now - that was until she asked the kitten’s name. He hadn’t really thought that far ahead, hoping that she might’ve had an idea for a name, but it seemed like his responsibility now. “Well…” He began, looking at the kitten once more, thinking about possible names for them, “How about.. Flurrykit?” It was the first thing that came to mind, seeing her variety of fur pattern and how she just appeared in general. “How does that sound for a name?” Hawkfeather would, of course, ask for his mate’s opinion before decisions would be made. The kitten mewed happily with each stroke of the shecat’s tongue, feeling the warmth of a cat that seemed like a mother. Hawkfeather was touched by the sight of such things, but was taken a little by surprise when she asked if he wished to take care of the kitten. “O-Of course, I do! I just don’t want you to feel overwhelmed or anything, I know that this is all so sudden and without any preparation or anything..” He said, stuttering slightly in his words, “But I know that you’ll be a great mother and that any kitten being raised under your kindness will grow up to become a wonderful cat someday!” The Chausie meant these words with all of his heart and did his best to express that.
Old February 11th, 2018, 12:48 AM
it be like that sometimes

My Mood: Unpredictable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial View Post

Quite content just sitting alone and watching the clouds hustle along in the blazing blue sky hornetsting hadn't noticed the hostile molly just a few foxlengths away. Not until he had an increasing sense of being watched did his head swivel to the side making dead eye contact with a black and white molly who'd didn't look all that pleased at his presence. The glare made him flinch and he quickly averted his gaze feeling his tail curl in discomfort. Who is that? he had been to occupied watching her blazing eyes to notice much else about her, and with all the mingled scents around him it was hard to identify who she was, and the last thing he really wanted to do was turn and face her. So he tried to waste his time by cleaning off his paws, which had little blood on it because the scrawny bird had little flesh and produced basically no blood to thicken taste. Another gust of wind flowed through camp sending a shiver down his spine from his shoulders.

Finally he was done with procrastination since his fur was basically bleached clean at that point and soaked from his constant cleaning. Trying to steady his nerves the Tom glanced over his shoulder. He studied the she cat with burning intensity not noticing how intently he had been staring at her. He nervously racked his mind as he studied her features until it suddenly popped into his mind, how could I not have rembered! Winterwisp. With that burning stare and... Hostile posture. he felt as though it was his job to know who everyone was and make sure that he knew their tendencies. He stiffened up and broke his stare before blinking harshly a few times. Your such a creep hornet! Quit your foolishness and simply excuse your stare, just like father said. hornetsting stood up finally. It hurt his muscles to stand up so quickly but he only felt dazed for a moment as darknes s clouded his vision for a moment. Than almost robotically the Tom approched winterwisp. His head down and eyeing the ground. "S- sorry for the stare, I was just uh, daydreaming" he stammered finally lifting his gaze from the ground to her face and finally down to her outstretched class. He swallowed a hard lump in his throat and looked back down at the ground.
The tom had every right to be sitting where he was. After all, they were both WindClan cats so they were both allowed to be sitting in WindClan's clearing, but Winterwisp made it look like no one else was allowed to be sitting in the clearing. If she were the leader or if she owned the place, she wouldn't allow anyone else to enter the clearing without her permission. But she wasn't in charge so she had no right to tell everyone to get off the grass. She turned her head to the other side so that she wouldn't have to open her eyes and notice the tom from earlier.
She lay peacefully like that for a few moments before she decided that she felt more comfortable facing the other side, so she lifted her head and returned to the position that she had been in a few minutes ago.

The she-cat opened her eyes and gazed around. Her eyes met the eyes of the tom almost immediately and she bared her teeth. The warrior had no idea as to who that tom was. She doubted that she'd ever even seen him before. The she-cat cared little about who her clanmates were and what their names were. That information was irrelevant to her. It could be a bit of a problem in battle, but she could always rely on her sense of smell. There would be times where her sense of smell failed and she ended up attacking her own clanmates....but she couldn't say that she really cared if she messed up so badly. Winterwisp eventually realised that the tom wasn't looking away and she bunched her muscles, ready to get up, storm over to him and teach him a lesson. But there was no need for that, as he eventually looked away and then he apologised, much to her dismay. "It's rude to stare," she snarled, ignoring the tom's excuse of daydreaming. She lowered her head and gaze again once the tom looked away. She was ready to ignore any response that the tom had to give her. She just wanted to sleep. As if to show how little she wanted to talk to him, she placed her paws over her ears and closed her eyes. It was an awkward position for her but if it showed everyone that she wanted to be antisocial, it would be worth it.

Enjoy the good times <3 because something terrible is probably about to happen

Last edited by Empress Of Evil; February 11th, 2018 at 12:48 AM.
Old February 11th, 2018, 07:04 AM
Sleep Deprived

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
+

"I-I guess," He muttered quietly, "It just seems s-so stupid to me! Why can't every cat just g-get along?" It didn't seem like that much to ask for. As much as he wanted to deny it was true that the world they lived in was somewhat of a cruel place. One filled with death, disease, and seemly horrible things around every corner. So why in StarClan's name would cats make the world an even dungier place by being so rude and insensitive to each other?

He was just glad he had a friend like Ploverpelt who understood and listened to him without being condescending or pitying him in the process. Those kinda cats, in general, were hard to find and he was glad to be able to call one of the few his friend.

"Thank you, Ploverpelt," He meowed as his mind finally beginning to clear, "I'm really lucky to have such a kind and supportive friend like you." He gave her an affectionate lick on the cheek before continuing,"It's good to know I have someone to confide in when times get tough."

Ploverpelt listened to her friend. She nodded, eyes flickering with saddness. "I understand." She mewed softly. It shouldn't matter what gender a cat identified with or whether or not a she-cat likes a tom. Everyone should just get along. The tip of her tail twitched, remembering all of the cats who had whispered about them behind their backs.

She beamed at her friend. She had succeeded in her goal. Nimblewhisker was no longer so upset that he was breaking down. Ploverpelt knew niether one of them would feel whole until every cat loved them equally, but they could at least feel as close to whole as possible. Ploverpelt was surprised when she felt Nimblewhisker's rough tongue being drawn across her cheek. She stood, purring, and shook out her fluffy golden coat. "Well, what kind of friend would I be if I weren't kind and supportive?" She flicked her ears happily. "Come on, Nimblewhisker, let's go catch some prey!"

If I haven't responded to a roleplay within 24 hours, either mention me and bump the roleplay or send a message on my profile. If I haven't responded to that in 24 hours... spam me.

During Lent I will only be online on Sundays. Please be patient. I will respond. This lasts until Easter Sunday.

Character site: http://eclipsemoonscharries.weebly.com/
Old February 11th, 2018, 09:51 AM
wowowowow

My Mood: Stressed

Default Re: WindClan Training Moor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
Thistlepaw faced his mentor, remembering their fist training session as the familiar words rang out from her.

Attack me!

Not to long ago, he would have felt hopeless hearing those words. Felt like there was no chance he could win against another cat. Today, he felt a fire in his soul. He grinned. "You asked for it." The little grey tom charged at Ambercloud, closing the gap between them as she darted to both sides. Which way am I going? huh? he thought to himself, preparing to dart underneath her and knock out her legs in a single smooth motion.
The dappled feline couldn't help but grin at the sight of her apprentice using the move she taught him, and was genuinely stumped at which way the tom would go. Just as the she-cat was going to dart to the left, a gray-black shape was underneath her, kicking her legs so they crumpled, and moving out of the way just before Ambercloud could crush him underneath her weight. As she staggered quickly to her paws, she backed up, trying to find a rock or something she could launch an attack from. There! Her hind paws touched a heated stone, warmed by the light of the daytime sun.
Placing them more securely on the base of the rock, she leaped, aiming to land on Thistlepaw's shoulders and knock him flat. But just as she left the ground her paw nicked a long-dead root of grass, sending her slightly off course. Her move wasn't nearly as accurate now, though there was still a chance of her hitting her target.
i think it goes without saying that im completely 100% inactive on this site now,, sorry! if you leave me a message there’s a small chance i’ll see it in, like, six months and reply, but that’s about it. hello and goodbye ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited by fresh; February 11th, 2018 at 09:51 AM.
Old February 11th, 2018, 02:59 PM
Somewhere in Space

My Mood: Sarcastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constellation View Post

Lynxpaw had used his tail to smooth the dirt of the dead prey. His ears stayed locked on Mothpaw, but he didn’t turn his gaze to look at her. His eyes was studied on the ground for a moment, then he gave a quick glance towards his mother, and finally looked at Mothpaw. “And, what did you expect? I told you about how my mother could be!” He mentioned frequently how his mother dismissed her kits constantly. She was hardly ever in the nursery. It was remarkable that they even knew her as their mother, respected her as a mother, and knew that she wastough to give out love. “She’s not even fit to be a mentor. You and I both know this.” He let out a snicker before lifting himself to his four paws and stretching each limb to its fullest. “Don’t let it get to you though.” He commented, trying to mildly cheer her up. Lynxpaw began walking off, flicking his tail behind him for Mothpaw to follow suit. If Lemonspotted was out of sight, then she was out of mind. The calico looked pretty besten up and Lynxpaw never liked to see his best friend sad or frustrated. “You should be lucky that I came to rescue you,” he boasted. “I saw this really pretty molly that I wanted to talk to but I had to go save you from my mother’s wrath, so thank you for letting me lose her — really.” Lynxpaw spoke sarcastically. Obviously, without second thoughts the tom would save Mothpaw before any other she cat. The exception may be his sister, Sorrelpaw even if she got on his nerves and on more than one occasion, weirded him out. But, Mothpaw was like his little sister. Someone he needed to protect constantly. Keep his eye on. That’s what best friends did. He had her back and she had his. Frankly, he did feel bad that she would have less experience than the other apprentices. He still couldn’t believe his mother managed to get an apprentice with her wandering imagination. Lynxpaw took more of an advance because Hunterfang was a strict, yet collected mentor who only wanted Lynxpaw to be impressive. Added with the sweet charm the tom gained from fun lessons with his older half-brother and all. “You’re not going to be less experienced, Mothy.” Lynxpaw assures the she cat. His ears flicked, thinking for a moment of what he would do about the situation. Those were only words, and words were easily swept away by the wind on the moors. “Hmm, Maybe - “ Maybe? Maybe...what, exactly? Maybe, he didn’t know. Maybe...he could teach her a little something. Just a little bit of the beginner’s moves that Lynxpaw been perfected as a younger apprentice. “Hey, maybe I could teach you a little lesson in hunting!” He winked at her. “All you really need to do is do good on your assessment in order to become a warrior, so maybe I could teach you a few things? With me as your teacher, you’ll be invincible.” A boyish, large grin planted on his charming features. Confidence always had looked good on anyone, and Lynxpaw did a phenomenal job of parading it around.

Mothpaw padded after her best friend, glad that he was making it so she couldn't see Lemonspotted. She had been nodding along to what he had said, a little absently. She was completely aware that everything he said was correct, and that she shouldn't have tried to talk to Lemonspotted but she had been so desperate to learn something that she couldn't help it. She could not stand feeling like the worst apprentice ever all because she had been forced to have a terrible mentor. It was a wonder that Lynxpaw was so sweet when his mother was such a scatterbrained jerk. She had heard her best friend's warnings, but she hadn't believed that she was actually that bad. She had always thought he was exaggerating, I mean what mother could be that bad?Mothpaw's adopted mother had always been very sweet to her, and her father had always cared about her even the days he wasn't there. He had warrior duties anyway. She was never going to have warrior duties like her dad if she didn't learn anything. Her walk was slow, and worried, but when he spoke again, though he said it sarcastically Mothpaw jerked out of her mind, and halted. Another Lynxpaw flirt? Or soon-to-be Lynxpaw flirt? Just when she thought that her day couldn't get any worse. "Stupid she-cat." Mothpaw mumbled under her breath, to quiet for him to hear. She was tired in him being interested in every she-cat their age other than her. Even Larkpaw had sparked his interest. Maybe it had something to do with them being best friends, but if you were mates weren't you best friends? Her parents weren't mates, but in almost every case it seemed so. Maybe Lynxpaw's parents did set that example for him. Her apprentice hood was not going the way she would have hoped. Lynxpaw flirted with every she-cat other than her, her mentor was the worst mentor in the whole WindClan [at least to her it seemed that way] and all her best friend could talk about was other girls. Sometimes she wanted to yell at him and remind him that she, just like all his flirt was a she-cat. She didn't say anything, but sat down and listened to him. She didn't move, a expression of frustration settled on her face, until he suggested a hunting lesson. She cocked her head to the side, and smiled sweetly at him, the way her smile was when she was please or happy. "That's a great idea!" She purred, leaping to her paws, her problems almost completely forgotten. Lynxpaw could have great ideas that solved most things, that was one of the reasons he was her best friend.
Old February 11th, 2018, 03:10 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: WindClan Training Moor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue jellie View Post
The dappled feline couldn't help but grin at the sight of her apprentice using the move she taught him, and was genuinely stumped at which way the tom would go. Just as the she-cat was going to dart to the left, a gray-black shape was underneath her, kicking her legs so they crumpled, and moving out of the way just before Ambercloud could crush him underneath her weight. As she staggered quickly to her paws, she backed up, trying to find a rock or something she could launch an attack from. There! Her hind paws touched a heated stone, warmed by the light of the daytime sun.
Placing them more securely on the base of the rock, she leaped, aiming to land on Thistlepaw's shoulders and knock him flat. But just as she left the ground her paw nicked a long-dead root of grass, sending her slightly off course. Her move wasn't nearly as accurate now, though there was still a chance of her hitting her target.
Thistlepaw scrabbled out from under his mentor before she could fall on him, clambering to his feet, she was back up and turning to launch at him in a moment, and though the attack was a bit off balance, she still managed to catch him over the shoulders with her paws, sending him rolling in the dry grass and dust. Disoriented from his tumble, Thistlepaw hastily got upright and bolted sideways. He had lost sight of Ambercloud in the confusion and was thinking only of how staying in one place was no good defensively.

Old February 11th, 2018, 04:07 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: WindClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernoFlicker View Post
The fire. Russel was reminded of the previous disaster that occurred before their coming to Windclan. He had forgotten about that fact. He wondered if Obsidiansky was right--did Windclan look pretty much the same to Infernosky? I mean, the cats were obviously new and young, not familiar with the former deputy, but, was the atmosphere the same? The scent? The greenery? The tall, thick-pelted chartreaux glanced backward to look at Infernosky, who was quietly taking up the rear, eyes somewhat distant and focused on nothing, brows furrowed. He wondered if it ever got tiring, making that intense face all day. Perhaps her face muscles have just grown so used to it that it felt as natural as your face would in it's most relaxed state. He let out a small sigh to himself, concerned for his strong, but troubled friend.

Meanwhile, Jitterpaw was already heading off course. She had stayed directly beside Russel for a few moments, until the lovely view of the moorlands came into view. Even though she had been traveling through endless moorlands just a day before, a youthful excitement welled up inside her. This was her land now. Her territory. Her turf. And she would spend the rest of her days exploring it, familiarizing herself with it, and defending it. Just like a home. With that thought, she gleefully veered off to the left in an airy leap and bounded about aimlessly in the tall grass, stirring up the pollen, dried underbrush and frightening all the insects into flight. She turned back to the traveling group and cut to the right of them, leaping across the path just in front of Obsidiansky, yelling, "Woohoooo!" And continued to bound in circles, all the while ignoring the loud and angry voices of the insects, making known their displeasure at having their little homes and resting places destroyed.

Infernosky watched the giddy little fae frolic about, at first displeased with her careless behavior. Then, before she opened her mouth to scorn the poor creature once again, she paused. Jitterpaw rarely seemed THIS happy, and sure, she could be charismatic all the time. There was something about seeing the pure joy in this young, brain-sick feline, who had been abused and rejected by her family in the monster and twoleg city. She was celebrating her home, and Infernosky was willing to give her that. Perspective changed, she put up with Jitterpaw's hollering, expression softening just a tad.

As a result, Jitterpaw totally missed Obsidiansky's invitation to walk up front. However, Obsidiansky's invitation made Infernosky realize just what she had done---put them all in a line. That wasn't usually how patrols went, was it? Some small details like that must have slipped her mind during her long journey back. She had, however, always organized Russelfur and Jitterpaw into a line as they traveled, with Russel or Infernosky alternating the front and back, always watching out for danger to protect Jitterpaw. The red tabby fae realized this was no longer a dangerous journey for survival, but a peaceful territory, filled only with prey and other friendly clan cats. Well, for the most part, anyway.

Now realizing how strange that instruction might have sounded to Obsidiansky. Russel had kindly rejected the offer, explaining that since he had no idea where they were going, he shouldn't be anywhere near the front. Plus, he had to keep an eye on Jitterpaw to make sure she didn't get herself lost or fall into a ditch. That then left Infernosky to respond with, "Er, yes, I believe I remember this particular pathway." With a few quick and steady strides, she came up to Obsidiansky's flank, matching his pace. Unfortunately, now that they were side by side, she felt the need to make conversation---something she had wanted to avoid. She was never good at making small talk, especially on patrols. She remembered, with some amusement, that many of the patrols she led would be dead quiet among the other cats, afraid to make a sound that might disturb the former deputy's focus. Some apprentices would complain that she would take things too seriously, and she would just frighten them back into silence. The only words that would be spoken sometimes would be orders, observations about the weather, prey, or scents. Now, things were much more lighthearted, and she wasn't sure how to react. So she kept quiet, avoiding Obsidiansky's eyes, and stiffly looked off into the forest somewhere.

Russelfur then decided to help the situation, "So, where are we off to first? A border? A training ground?"

The large grey tom was silently proud of himself for remembering such terms; only yesterday and earlier this morning had he learned some of clan cat terminology, and he was surely determined to be a quick study.
A look of amusement came over the tom’s face as he watched Jitterpaw bounding ahead, giddy in this new territory, disrupting the silence, but he didn’t mind at all. It was too quiet for him anyways- he was used to coming out here with friends, laughing and joking with them, and he wasn’t quite sure where to start with the newcomers. They hadn’t been here for long - Obsidiansky didn’t want to say anything that could be considered offensive or off-putting right now, since he didn’t want to scare them away… but he wasn’t quite sure what to say that wouldn’t scare them away. He couldn’t ask about the latest Clan gossip either - Obsidiansky listened, most of the time, and opinions were normally formed on everything - that other cats did - most of the time it was the higher ranks that opinions were formed on, but it didn’t have to be… Obsidiansky had seen cats tear apart just ordinary warriors.

If he wasn’t careful, he would soon be an object for gossip, one of those cats who was viewed a little suspiciously and with a little bit of horror like he had done something extremely wrong. For a little while, he wasn’t so sure that anyone was going to come walk up front with him - and he got ready to get used to the quiet, disrupted only by Jitterpaw’s excited shrieks and noisy movements. Russel had declined his offer as well - and that was when, to his surprise, Infernosky agreed to come up beside him. For a little while, Obsidiansky remained silent, glancing over at the fiery-furred warrior and trying to think of any appropriate conversation points.

He was about to ask her to tell him more about what Dapplestar had been like, for those who had really known her… and ask her more about her apprenticeship, and kithood… what it had been like to be deputy (when she was deputy)... all those questions that Obsidiansky had in his head, however, were quickly forgotten as a calmer, deeper voice spoke up. ”Oh, um… the borders are probably the best place to go. It’ll give you guys a chance to get more familiar with the territory.” This statement was mainly directed towards Russel and Jitter (even though the younger cat wasn’t really listening) since Infernosky had already been made familiar with the territory before.

Still, it wouldn’t hurt to look around again. Some things had changed… it was, for the most part, the same - other then the areas that were struggling to grow back some. When new-leaf came, it would be much better. After he had answered Russel’s question, the dark tom turned back to Infernosky and opened his maw to speak again. ”So… if you’re okay with talking about it… would you tell me more about what it was like, being deputy? You know - what Dapplestar was like and everything?” Obsidiansky had met the leader briefly, but like most of the Clan cats, he hadn’t really gotten to know her. Blazingstar was a sort-of friend of his, he knew about Obsidiansky’s relationship to Sagewhisker and everything, but they definitely weren’t super close.

He knew some of Blazingstar’s closer friends, and they were very nice cats… the old deputy excluded. Shrikecall was dead now - and Obsidiansky wouldn’t want to speak too badly of the older tom, but he definitely hadn’t been a great cat. It was thanks to him that Infernosky, Russel, and Jitter almost hadn’t been allowed into the Clan. Thank goodness for Blazingstar being so sensible.

The tom awaited Infernosky’s response, and hoped he hadn’t touched on a subject that was too much for her. The last thing he wanted to do was ruin their budding friendship. And, after she answered, he would think of a way to include Russel in the conversation - after all, it wouldn’t be very fair to leave the other tom out. As for Jitterpaw? She didn’t seem to care much whether or not she was being included in their conversation at the moment, she was too busy bounding ahead and appearing to have quite the time.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old February 11th, 2018, 04:44 PM

My Mood: Cheerful

Default Re: WindClan Nursery

Leapkit stretched her forelegs, digging her claws into the soft moss padding of the nursery floor. She yawned and shook her head. I'm tired of being in the nursery, she groaned to herself. I can't wait another few months to leave this place. She spotted Nimblewhisker outside of the nursery and her tail perked up. "Nimblewhisker!" she yelped, skidding outside of the nursery. "Can you play with me?"
@Opal
-=-Finder-=-
-=-
I won't be on for a while because I'm travelling, sorry!
-=-
Profile picture credit
Closed Thread