Today 07:05 PM

Old February 12th, 2018, 07:42 PM
i'm back! kind of... haha

Gender: still figuring that out, they/them pronouns for now please
My Mood: Dead

Default Re: SkyClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual Scribbles View Post

Cleftpaw nodded and stood, fur fluffed against the cold. "Let's hunt!" He purred, remembering that his brother couldn't see him nodding. He padded after Lightpaw, jaws held open to taste the air. Leaf-bare was drawing to a close. He hoped that that would mean more prey had come out of hiding.

He tasted a mouse on the air and pricked his ears, searching for its location. A few tail-lengths away, he heard the scratching of its teeth on a seed. He turned away from his brother to follow the sound.

He pushed through the brambles slowly, cautiously dropping down lower. He struggled to keep his belly fur off the ground, but thankfully, the snow muted the sound. His ear knocked against a branch, showering snow onto his muzzle. Cleftpaw resisted the urge to sneeze.

He could see the mouse now, only a few pawsteps away. Still, he didn't pounce. He was still under the bush and if he leaped out now he would hit the bush and startle his prey. He stepped forward again, holding his tail still.

The mouse looked up. Now or never! Cleftpaw lept forward, just barely catching the small creature by the tail. He whacked it over the head with a heavy blow, killing it quickly.
Lightpaw listened as Cleftpaw followed the little nibbling sounds. He decided to let his brother handle that mouse and, keeping quiet, he listened for more prey. He sighed when he couldn't find anything else.

He heard a crunch in the snow and the sounds of nibbling disappear and knew that Cleftpaw had caught the mouse. He trotted to him,"Nice! You caught it!" he mewed happily.

Lightpaw then sighed inwardly, where else can I find prey!? he swished his head around, trying to find the slightest smell or sound, but there was nothing.

He flicked his tail, irritated. Why was it that there wasn't any prey right now!? Normally I can hear prey from fox lengths and fox lengths away... So why can't I now? Eh... It's probably just because of Leaf-bare... he told himself, or maybe Cleftpaw catching the mouse startled the rest of the prey in this area?
Past Usernames[In order]: Hollydawn235 ; Hollydawn ; Boba Fett ; Leo the Loke
IF I DO NOT RESPOND IN 24 HOURS PLEASE SEND ME A FRIENDLY AND POLITE REMINDER VIA VM. IF I STILL DO NOT RESPOND TO THAT WITHIN ANOTHER 24 HOURS FEEL FREE TO SPAM ME.
Old February 12th, 2018, 08:09 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
Shinefang gave a mrrow of laughter at the leader's comment. "Grousestar, compared to me, you basically are a kit. But most cats here are, so..." he finished with a shrug of his boney shoulders. He watched patiently at the brown tabby tested his limbs, taking his first steps a bit like a fawn. The old tom looked forward to the new life greenleaf would bring. Once the leader was on his feet and as steady as he was liable to be, Shinefang gave his pelt a shake to fluff it up and brace for the cold outside. "Then let's get going," he replied, moving to walk beside Grousestar to act as support should he need it, laying his tail on the other cat's back to steady him.
"Shinefang I think you see yourself more as an elder than anyone else in this clan. You're not too terribly old my friend." He chuffed out with a small grin, but he did mean what he said. While he did know that the other tom was certainly older than him, he didn't see him as old as he made himself out to be sometimes.
Once the other tom was at his side, ready to provide his support, the leader carefully began to amble forward, legs feeling a bit wobbly. He would pause at the entrance of the medicine cat den, sniff at the air, squint at the natural light that shone down through the leafless trees. Nothing really seemed to have changed at all, and he was glad of that. Clan life didn't need to stop just because he was under the weather. Everything was just as it should be. With a happy flick of his tail, he would start his slow walk again, noting the quiet achiness of his limbs, but it was definitely not bad. It was just a whisper of pain and soreness. Surely with a bit more walking and stretching he would be walking at his pace he always walked at.
It took approximately two full minutes at this pace to reach the entrance to the camp, leading out into the territory and there he would pause to inhale the scents that came with it. He wasn't too tired, though he would have to say he would need a break once reaching the small stream they were headed to. "Alright to the stream..." He murmured, mostly to himself, as if to prepare himself for that walk before moving forward again. "How long do you think until I'm ready to finally leave the medicine den?"

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old February 12th, 2018, 08:52 PM
Sleep Deprived

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boba Fett View Post
Lightpaw listened as Cleftpaw followed the little nibbling sounds. He decided to let his brother handle that mouse and, keeping quiet, he listened for more prey. He sighed when he couldn't find anything else.

He heard a crunch in the snow and the sounds of nibbling disappear and knew that Cleftpaw had caught the mouse. He trotted to him,"Nice! You caught it!" he mewed happily.

Lightpaw then sighed inwardly, where else can I find prey!? he swished his head around, trying to find the slightest smell or sound, but there was nothing.

He flicked his tail, irritated. Why was it that there wasn't any prey right now!? Normally I can hear prey from fox lengths and fox lengths away... So why can't I now? Eh... It's probably just because of Leaf-bare... he told himself, or maybe Cleftpaw catching the mouse startled the rest of the prey in this area?
Cleftpaw trotted back to his brother, mouse dangling from his jaws. "Thanks, Lightpaw," he mewed. He dropped the mouse at his paws, stopping when he saw that Lightpaw still hadn't caught anything.

"Er, I must have scared all the prey in this area. You know me and my big, heavy paws. Why don't we try farther out in the territory?" He suggested. Hopefully, farther out, the lighter tabby would be able to hear something he could catch.

Even if Lightpaw didn't catch anything this time, Cleftpaw was still proud of his brother for trying. He couldn't say he knew how difficult it was being blind, but he could guess just how hard hunting and battle training was. The thick-furred cat couldn't imagine living without his sight.

If I haven't responded to a roleplay within 24 hours, either mention me and bump the roleplay or send a message on my profile. If I haven't responded to that in 24 hours... spam me.

During Lent I will only be online on Sundays. Please be patient. I will respond. This lasts until Easter Sunday.

Character site: http://eclipsemoonscharries.weebly.com/
Old February 12th, 2018, 09:03 PM

Quote:

Cleftpaw trotted back to his brother, mouse dangling from his jaws. "Thanks, Lightpaw," he mewed. He dropped the mouse at his paws, stopping when he saw that Lightpaw still hadn't caught anything.

"Er, I must have scared all the prey in this area. You know me and my big, heavy paws. Why don't we try farther out in the territory?" He suggested. Hopefully, farther out, the lighter tabby would be able to hear something he could catch.

Even if Lightpaw didn't catch anything this time, Cleftpaw was still proud of his brother for trying. He couldn't say he knew how difficult it was being blind, but he could guess just how hard hunting and battle training was. The thick-furred cat couldn't imagine living without his sight.
Lightpaw smiled and purred,"Maybe, or maybe it was just because it was Leaf-bare," he turned towards the brown tom,"but still, if you want to hunt alone... I mean, I don't want to be a burden," Lightpaw shuffled his paws. I never DID like thinking or feeling that I might seem a burden to other cats to have around... I'm good at tracking down prey... But not so good at aim when I DO find them. If they were just a tad bit bigger, I might be able to catch them easier... But they're just to small and fast for me to pinpoint... he thought to himself.
IF I DO NOT RESPOND IN 24 HOURS PLEASE SEND ME A FRIENDLY AND POLITE REMINDER VIA VM. IF I STILL DO NOT RESPOND TO THAT WITHIN ANOTHER 24 HOURS FEEL FREE TO SPAM ME.
Old February 12th, 2018, 09:19 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
"Shinefang I think you see yourself more as an elder than anyone else in this clan. You're not too terribly old my friend." He chuffed out with a small grin, but he did mean what he said. While he did know that the other tom was certainly older than him, he didn't see him as old as he made himself out to be sometimes.
Once the other tom was at his side, ready to provide his support, the leader carefully began to amble forward, legs feeling a bit wobbly. He would pause at the entrance of the medicine cat den, sniff at the air, squint at the natural light that shone down through the leafless trees. Nothing really seemed to have changed at all, and he was glad of that. Clan life didn't need to stop just because he was under the weather. Everything was just as it should be. With a happy flick of his tail, he would start his slow walk again, noting the quiet achiness of his limbs, but it was definitely not bad. It was just a whisper of pain and soreness. Surely with a bit more walking and stretching he would be walking at his pace he always walked at.
It took approximately two full minutes at this pace to reach the entrance to the camp, leading out into the territory and there he would pause to inhale the scents that came with it. He wasn't too tired, though he would have to say he would need a break once reaching the small stream they were headed to. "Alright to the stream..." He murmured, mostly to himself, as if to prepare himself for that walk before moving forward again. "How long do you think until I'm ready to finally leave the medicine den?"
Shinefang gave a derisive snort in response. "First of all, you and our clanmates are the only ones talking about elders. I prefer the term, ex-warrior. Or new medicine cat. Second, tell that to my joints. Greenleaf can't come soon enough." The aching in his joints that he expected from being in the cold air dug the tips of its cold claws into his limbs. Fortunately the willow bark took the edge off, and he could move with the spryness of a younger cat. In a way, he supposed he should be pleased to see that he looked at ease enough winding along the thick, leafless undergrowth to make the leader think it wasn't a struggle for him. Of course, his focus wasn't on his own well-being now. It was on Grousestar's. The leader had been a little on the shaky side as they'd begun to traverse the woods, and even now he certainly didn't seem to be quite as sure-footed as usual, but it was subtle, and the tom's spirits seemed to have brightened with a bit of time in the sunlight and fresh air. Still, he kept close, watching the boisterous young cat like a wary parent for any sign of trouble or weakness.

Naturally, one of the tabby tom's first questions had been about when he could leave the den. "Leave? At this rate, I thought we'd become denmates and live the single tom life together," he joked, chortling as he amused himself. "No shecat will be able to resist our wily tomcat charms. But if you insist on squashing my dreams, I'd say maybe a couple more days just to make sure you keep getting stronger. Then maybe just a few more check ups over the next quarter on a moon once you move back to your den. I'm sure you're through the worst of it, but what can I say? I worry like a queen with her first litter." His japing finished, Shinefang turned his amber eye on the leader and sincerely asked him, "How are you feeling so far?"

Old February 13th, 2018, 05:10 AM
Sleep Deprived

Quote:
Lightpaw smiled and purred,"Maybe, or maybe it was just because it was Leaf-bare," he turned towards the brown tom,"but still, if you want to hunt alone... I mean, I don't want to be a burden," Lightpaw shuffled his paws. I never DID like thinking or feeling that I might seem a burden to other cats to have around... I'm good at tracking down prey... But not so good at aim when I DO find them. If they were just a tad bit bigger, I might be able to catch them easier... But they're just to small and fast for me to pinpoint... he thought to himself.
Cleftpaw chuckled softly, bending down to pick up his mouse. He was ready to move on to a new area with his brother. He froze, jaws wide, at Lightpaw's following words.

The tom snapped his head up. "A- A burden?" he breathed softly, not daring to believe that he had heard correctly. "Lightpaw, you could never be a burden!

Why would he ever think that? Cleftpaw wondered. Then he realized, some cat had to have started this. These feelings didn't just stem from no where. Maybe it wasn't another cat, but dear StarClan if it was... Cleftpaw did not envy them. No one would when he was done with them.

"Who made you feel like a burden?" He growled, tail lashing. His claws slid out of the sheaths, pricking tiny holes in the snow at his paws.

If I haven't responded to a roleplay within 24 hours, either mention me and bump the roleplay or send a message on my profile. If I haven't responded to that in 24 hours... spam me.

During Lent I will only be online on Sundays. Please be patient. I will respond. This lasts until Easter Sunday.

Old February 13th, 2018, 02:11 PM

Quote:

Cleftpaw chuckled softly, bending down to pick up his mouse. He was ready to move on to a new area with his brother. He froze, jaws wide, at Lightpaw's following words.

The tom snapped his head up. "A- A burden?" he breathed softly, not daring to believe that he had heard correctly. "Lightpaw, you could never be a burden!

Why would he ever think that? Cleftpaw wondered. Then he realized, some cat had to have started this. These feelings didn't just stem from no where. Maybe it wasn't another cat, but dear StarClan if it was... Cleftpaw did not envy them. No one would when he was done with them.

"Who made you feel like a burden?" He growled, tail lashing. His claws slid out of the sheaths, pricking tiny holes in the snow at his paws.
Lightpaw jerked his head up sharply when Cleftpaw growled. He widened his eyes and shook his head,"N-no particular cat!" he stuttered. He didn't want his brother to worry, but he knew he must seem like a burden SOMETIMES. Doesn't he?

Then Lightpaw smiled slightly, warmed that Cleftpaw had been this protective and he purred,"and when they DO say that stuff, I use what they say against them!" he mimicked a cat with a high pitched voice,"oh! Why does Lightpaw have to be here! He'll scare away all the prey before he catches it with his clumsy paws," then he returned to his normal voice,"yeah, well I think all the prey is already gone no thanks to you," he nuzzled his brother and then twitched his whiskers, amused at himself.
Old February 13th, 2018, 02:31 PM
Sleep Deprived

Quote:
Lightpaw jerked his head up sharply when Cleftpaw growled. He widened his eyes and shook his head,"N-no particular cat!" he stuttered. He didn't want his brother to worry, but he knew he must seem like a burden SOMETIMES. Doesn't he?

Then Lightpaw smiled slightly, warmed that Cleftpaw had been this protective and he purred,"and when they DO say that stuff, I use what they say against them!" he mimicked a cat with a high pitched voice,"oh! Why does Lightpaw have to be here! He'll scare away all the prey before he catches it with his clumsy paws," then he returned to his normal voice,"yeah, well I think all the prey is already gone no thanks to you," he nuzzled his brother and then twitched his whiskers, amused at himself.
Cleftpaw allowed himself to relax, but his tailtip still twitched suspiciously. It was unfair that his Clanmates made fun of his brother for something he couldn't control. He made a note to watch the cats surrounding Lightpaw more carefully.

He laughed. "That's good. Y'know, next time someone says something about you not being able to see or something, you should do that thing you do that freaks other cats out - you know, when you look at them - and just say 'are you sure about that?'." The maine coon purred, thinking of how funny the other cats' reactions would be.

Cleftpaw nuzzled his brother. "Let me know when the other cats are being mean, okay? You're not a burden; you're my brother. You're going to be the best warrior this Clan - or any Clan- has ever seen!"

Old February 13th, 2018, 03:41 PM

Quote:

Cleftpaw allowed himself to relax, but his tailtip still twitched suspiciously. It was unfair that his Clanmates made fun of his brother for something he couldn't control. He made a note to watch the cats surrounding Lightpaw more carefully.

He laughed. "That's good. Y'know, next time someone says something about you not being able to see or something, you should do that thing you do that freaks other cats out - you know, when you look at them - and just say 'are you sure about that?'." The maine coon purred, thinking of how funny the other cats' reactions would be.

Cleftpaw nuzzled his brother. "Let me know when the other cats are being mean, okay? You're not a burden; you're my brother. You're going to be the best warrior this Clan - or any Clan- has ever seen!"
Lightpaw chuckled,"Ok!" Then he grinned,"Are you sure about that?" he asked, turning to Cleftpaw and 'staring' at him with a straight face.

He flicked his tail and tried his best to look irritated and angry but at the same time calm and collected, hoping he was doing it right for the future. Normally he did this perfectly without even knowing it, but now that he was trying he wasn't sure if he was doing it right.
Old February 13th, 2018, 06:24 PM
Sleep Deprived

Quote:
Lightpaw chuckled,"Ok!" Then he grinned,"Are you sure about that?" he asked, turning to Cleftpaw and 'staring' at him with a straight face.

He flicked his tail and tried his best to look irritated and angry but at the same time calm and collected, hoping he was doing it right for the future. Normally he did this perfectly without even knowing it, but now that he was trying he wasn't sure if he was doing it right.
Cleftpaw jumped. He had not been expecting Lightpaw to practice on him right that second. He laughed and let his fur settle.

"That is definitely going to scare any cat out of their fur!" He meowed. Lightpaw looked equal parts irritated and calm. The effect was unsettling to say the least.

Cleftpaw shook snow out of his long fur. "We should find you some prey to bring back and then we need to get to camp before we catch whitecough!"