Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!

Need a helping hand? Check out this thread for info on how to get some egg hunt hints!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Velli's Pop-Up Egg Hint...
Last post by blxze.
Today 04:52 AM
Our Little Warriors:...
by blxze.
Last post by blxze.
Today 04:46 AM
Themed Art Competition...
by ramen
Last post by blxze.
Today 04:43 AM
A Lesson in the...
by Dark
Last post by Dark
Today 03:18 AM
The Orange Tree!...
Last post by kittycatburmise
Today 02:59 AM

Old January 27th, 2018, 08:49 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: - Tori's Hiding Place -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deranged Llama View Post

Toren watched as the she-cat before him began to relax. He was glad; it often made him nervous whenever others were tense for a reason he knew not. The tom cat flicked his tail as Tori spoke her three sentences, two of them rather short. Despite his attempt to hide it, his head tipped ever so slightly to the side in puzzlement. He was glad to hear she had stopped stuttering, for the time being, at least, but something was...off. Different. Then it hit him; she was using the same tone as him! Toren's ears perked as he ran over her words in his mind. His tone was even, calm, and dragged slightly out at the ends of his sentences. She had immitaded him, though for a reason he didn't yet understand. "That does not sound like a very appealing place. The dark hides many secrets." His voice trailed off, and Toren frowned into the distance. Much to his dissapointment, Toren found himself rather boring to converse with; he never knew what to say, or when to say it. "Well," he meowed slowly, biding his time. "Is your destination these woods, or are you seeking a place of more solitude?" Hopefully she didn't find his presence a bother.
The she cat nodded as he spoke, listening to the flow of his words. It was so pretty... maybe... he could teach her to speak like that? Tori was pretty sure he meant her no harm. After all, if he wanted to, he could have hurt her already. The she cat was weak - she wasn't very muscular right now, and she was tired. She had never been a good fighter. It was a problem in the Syndicate, especially with all the stronger cats who would treat her like trash because she wasn't "good enough." Tori was hoping that Toren would be better then that, and so far, he seemed to be! He seemed to be a great cat. He could easily run her off if he wanted to, so she was hoping that just for once, she had run into a very nice young tom. "Oh... oh I, uh, I can't be - be sure," She mewed uncomfortably, shifting her weight a little. She didn't want to be too grounded with a final home, because she'd thought her last one would be forever and she had been wrong... and she didn't want to be too "up in the air" about it either, because that would be a stupid thing to do. She had to figure out if she was going to move on soon or not. "What... what about you, where are... where are you planning on going?" She asked, cocking her head to the side and giving the tom a semi-friendly smile. At least, as friendly of a smile as she could manage to give, given her personality.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old February 13th, 2018, 06:21 PM
💙🦌💙

My Mood: Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
The she cat nodded as he spoke, listening to the flow of his words. It was so pretty... maybe... he could teach her to speak like that? Tori was pretty sure he meant her no harm. After all, if he wanted to, he could have hurt her already. The she cat was weak - she wasn't very muscular right now, and she was tired. She had never been a good fighter. It was a problem in the Syndicate, especially with all the stronger cats who would treat her like trash because she wasn't "good enough." Tori was hoping that Toren would be better then that, and so far, he seemed to be! He seemed to be a great cat. He could easily run her off if he wanted to, so she was hoping that just for once, she had run into a very nice young tom. "Oh... oh I, uh, I can't be - be sure," She mewed uncomfortably, shifting her weight a little. She didn't want to be too grounded with a final home, because she'd thought her last one would be forever and she had been wrong... and she didn't want to be too "up in the air" about it either, because that would be a stupid thing to do. She had to figure out if she was going to move on soon or not. "What... what about you, where are... where are you planning on going?" She asked, cocking her head to the side and giving the tom a semi-friendly smile. At least, as friendly of a smile as she could manage to give, given her personality.
Toren blinked a couple times, sitting back deeply and rested his face into a natural frown. The corners of his maw turned down naturally, making his resting face appear troubled and displeased. However, he was not often so. The tom flicked an ear as she responded, and let a smile creep over his mouth, tilting the corners upward in a more friendly, appealing way. "Oh, nowhere special. I have not yet found a place suitable for a home..." he trailed off, and murmured the next part half to himself. "I am afraid that I don't quite belong anywhere." Toren's odd teal green gaze few distant as he frowned into the trees behind Tori. He wanted to belong, he truly did, but he never felt quite right wherever he went; he could feel something in him that was satisfied only when he wasn't in one place too long. Snapping back to the present, he stared into her gaze. "Maybe we can travel together?" His voice had a questioning ring to it; Toren wasn't sure if she wanted his company, and he wasn't quite convinced that he wanted hers.
Old February 15th, 2018, 02:16 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:

Toren blinked a couple times, sitting back deeply and rested his face into a natural frown. The corners of his maw turned down naturally, making his resting face appear troubled and displeased. However, he was not often so. The tom flicked an ear as she responded, and let a smile creep over his mouth, tilting the corners upward in a more friendly, appealing way. "Oh, nowhere special. I have not yet found a place suitable for a home..." he trailed off, and murmured the next part half to himself. "I am afraid that I don't quite belong anywhere." Toren's odd teal green gaze few distant as he frowned into the trees behind Tori. He wanted to belong, he truly did, but he never felt quite right wherever he went; he could feel something in him that was satisfied only when he wasn't in one place too long. Snapping back to the present, he stared into her gaze. "Maybe we can travel together?" His voice had a questioning ring to it; Toren wasn't sure if she wanted his company, and he wasn't quite convinced that he wanted hers.
Traveling together? The white Bengal wasn’t quite sure whether or not she liked the idea of that. Her eyes looked around uncertainly, and then she glanced around with an uncomfortable air. ”I, uh… I mean, maybe we could, but I’m not - not used to traveling with - with … with others,” She stammered, the words coming out of her mouth almost painfully. How Tori wished that she could speak in the elegant, fascinating way that Toren himself spoke… how she wished she could find herself holding others’ attention the way he held hers. And yet, that wasn’t possible. What a shame that the she cat who wanted this so badly wouldn’t be able to have it. ”But if - if you wanted, um… we could always - always give it a, a try.” She mewed shyly, looking down at her paws while she waited for his response. She was half expecting to be laughed at. To be ridiculed, because after all, who would want her to travel with them? Like, for real… actually having the little Bengal along, with her nervous speech and her little quirks and her anxiety… Tori was more of a burden than anything. The Dusk Syndicate must have pitied her quite a bit to have taken her in, because she was a wreck. A real wreck of a cat. The she cat wondered if there would ever be a day when she would be better than this. And the conclusion she came to? No. There wouldn’t.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old February 16th, 2018, 08:01 PM
💙🦌💙

Quote:
Traveling together? The white Bengal wasn’t quite sure whether or not she liked the idea of that. Her eyes looked around uncertainly, and then she glanced around with an uncomfortable air. ”I, uh… I mean, maybe we could, but I’m not - not used to traveling with - with … with others,” She stammered, the words coming out of her mouth almost painfully. How Tori wished that she could speak in the elegant, fascinating way that Toren himself spoke… how she wished she could find herself holding others’ attention the way he held hers. And yet, that wasn’t possible. What a shame that the she cat who wanted this so badly wouldn’t be able to have it. ”But if - if you wanted, um… we could always - always give it a, a try.” She mewed shyly, looking down at her paws while she waited for his response. She was half expecting to be laughed at. To be ridiculed, because after all, who would want her to travel with them? Like, for real… actually having the little Bengal along, with her nervous speech and her little quirks and her anxiety… Tori was more of a burden than anything. The Dusk Syndicate must have pitied her quite a bit to have taken her in, because she was a wreck. A real wreck of a cat. The she cat wondered if there would ever be a day when she would be better than this. And the conclusion she came to? No. There wouldn’t.
Toren gave a small satisfied purr as he heard her slightly more optimistic reply; maybe he wouldn't have to be alone for much longer! The young tom smiled, a true, genuine smile, and watched her for a few moments as he figured out what to do next. As the tom cat's bright gaze wandered over her small form, his stomach gave a large rumble. Gaze flickering up to Tori's, Toren gave a slightly sheepish grin and he felt embarrassment washing over him. "Ah," he murmured quietly, eyes narrowing, half with amusment and half with uncomfortableness. "Hunting appears to be my next act." Trying to ease his rather awkward situation, Toren shifted his paws in the peaty ground and cracked another smile.
(( sorry for length ))
Old February 21st, 2018, 03:36 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:

Toren gave a small satisfied purr as he heard her slightly more optimistic reply; maybe he wouldn't have to be alone for much longer! The young tom smiled, a true, genuine smile, and watched her for a few moments as he figured out what to do next. As the tom cat's bright gaze wandered over her small form, his stomach gave a large rumble. Gaze flickering up to Tori's, Toren gave a slightly sheepish grin and he felt embarrassment washing over him. "Ah," he murmured quietly, eyes narrowing, half with amusment and half with uncomfortableness. "Hunting appears to be my next act." Trying to ease his rather awkward situation, Toren shifted his paws in the peaty ground and cracked another smile.
(( sorry for length ))
Oh! Hunting! Um... Tori looked around for an area that looked like it would be good for hunting - she didn’t want to seem illiterate about her own territory, though she hadn’t had it for long - and probably wouldn’t have it for long. ”There’s… there’s a good area, um… over, uh… over there.” Flicking her tail in the direction of some taller grasses, and hoping that she was right. Tori wouldn’t want to look like a fool in front of her company… especially if he was trying to decide whether he would be staying or not. Now, she was not a needy cat - she didn’t really have much to do with other cats, but she was happy thinking about Toren staying. He could teach her how to speak in such an eloquent manner… and he could definitely make her feel more at ease. Tori had often felt that, if only she had someone who was stronger than she was, who was on her side, she wouldn’t be such a coward all the time. Perhaps Toren was the answer to her prayers. A little guardian angel, so to speak. Now wasn’t that just the greatest thought?

Old February 28th, 2018, 12:43 PM
💙🦌💙

Quote:

Oh! Hunting! Um... Tori looked around for an area that looked like it would be good for hunting - she didn’t want to seem illiterate about her own territory, though she hadn’t had it for long - and probably wouldn’t have it for long. ”There’s… there’s a good area, um… over, uh… over there.” Flicking her tail in the direction of some taller grasses, and hoping that she was right. Tori wouldn’t want to look like a fool in front of her company… especially if he was trying to decide whether he would be staying or not. Now, she was not a needy cat - she didn’t really have much to do with other cats, but she was happy thinking about Toren staying. He could teach her how to speak in such an eloquent manner… and he could definitely make her feel more at ease. Tori had often felt that, if only she had someone who was stronger than she was, who was on her side, she wouldn’t be such a coward all the time. Perhaps Toren was the answer to her prayers. A little guardian angel, so to speak. Now wasn’t that just the greatest thought?

Toren flicked an ear and stood up as Tori looked for a suitable place to go hunting. He hadn't scented much besides the undergrowth, though his account wasn't entirely reliable as he had been paying much attention to anything. He had been feeling spacey, and he didn't truly focus much on anything, to be honest. As his new-found companion pointed toward the tall grasses to his left with her tail, a burst of hope formed inside him. Toren, despite his rather small and weedy posture, was unusually fast for his size and had a make for catching rabbits. Hoping they might be around, the tom gave a nod. “Shall we hunt?” A smile played on his lips, and a new light lit up his gaze. He loved to hunt, and that would be just the thing to do if he was ever feeling bored out of his mind or uncomfortable. It made him more, well, comfortable.
Old March 7th, 2018, 03:54 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:

Toren flicked an ear and stood up as Tori looked for a suitable place to go hunting. He hadn't scented much besides the undergrowth, though his account wasn't entirely reliable as he had been paying much attention to anything. He had been feeling spacey, and he didn't truly focus much on anything, to be honest. As his new-found companion pointed toward the tall grasses to his left with her tail, a burst of hope formed inside him. Toren, despite his rather small and weedy posture, was unusually fast for his size and had a make for catching rabbits. Hoping they might be around, the tom gave a nod. “Shall we hunt?” A smile played on his lips, and a new light lit up his gaze. He loved to hunt, and that would be just the thing to do if he was ever feeling bored out of his mind or uncomfortable. It made him more, well, comfortable.
Oh, Tori wasn’t sure about hunting… it had never been her strength. Then again, neither was fighting - her strengths seemed to be running and hiding. A shame for a former Dusk Syndicate cat, and an embarrassment to everyone in her family, but an embarrassment who was still alive - thank goodness. ”Oh, I, um… I think - I mean maybe - sure?” Her words came out as a question, as the Bengal got to her paws, her tail-tip twitching uneasily back and forth. Avoiding making eye contact was the surest way to draw attention to her insecurity, but Tori couldn’t help it - she had always been the type of cat to do something stupid like that. Was it any wonder that she embarrassed her family, that she was not “perfect” at things like this? Tori glanced around at her surroundings, guessing that the grasses were the perfect place - that’s what she had thought before, anyways. Please, please, if there are any outside forces at work here, I’m begging you… please let me get this right. Tori had heard stories of cats who lived among the stars, dead cats, but they watched over everyone… whether those stories were true or not, she didn’t know. All she knew was that she hoped they were.

Old March 15th, 2018, 09:14 AM
💙🦌💙

Quote:
Oh, Tori wasn’t sure about hunting… it had never been her strength. Then again, neither was fighting - her strengths seemed to be running and hiding. A shame for a former Dusk Syndicate cat, and an embarrassment to everyone in her family, but an embarrassment who was still alive - thank goodness. ”Oh, I, um… I think - I mean maybe - sure?” Her words came out as a question, as the Bengal got to her paws, her tail-tip twitching uneasily back and forth. Avoiding making eye contact was the surest way to draw attention to her insecurity, but Tori couldn’t help it - she had always been the type of cat to do something stupid like that. Was it any wonder that she embarrassed her family, that she was not “perfect” at things like this? Tori glanced around at her surroundings, guessing that the grasses were the perfect place - that’s what she had thought before, anyways. Please, please, if there are any outside forces at work here, I’m begging you… please let me get this right. Tori had heard stories of cats who lived among the stars, dead cats, but they watched over everyone… whether those stories were true or not, she didn’t know. All she knew was that she hoped they were.
Toren flicked his tail as he listened to her staggered reply. After giving her a reassuring, confident smile, the tom cat turned toward the territory she had indicated. Setting out at a comfortable yet quick pace, the tom pushed his way past the lingering trees and bushes until he emerged into the tall grassland, the rush of openness swamping him. The wind blew softly, never ceasing to give way to still air. It was a nice day out, though a chill was hanging onto the breeze, prickling through his fur and sending his spine tingling. Parting his jaws and slowing the pace after shaking out his silver and white tabby fur, Toren tasted the air for any means of prey that happened to linger about the edge of the forest. The heathery scent of the land before him swept over his senses and immediately the familiar, inviting scent of a hare was carried on the breeze toward him. Toren flicked his ear excitedly and made sure to set his paws down lightly. He was swift and silent,, making hardy a rustle. As he crept forward, a sudden thought hit him; he had almost forgotten about his new-found companion, as he had gotten lost in the hunt. Quickly glancing at her, he pointed with his tail toward the left of his quarry, which was hopping lazily between the undergrowth. Hopefully she wouldn't get the just of what he had planned. Toren wasn't used to hunting with another, and merely gestured in what he assumed was a clear signal.

Last edited by Jynx; March 15th, 2018 at 09:14 AM.
Old March 19th, 2018, 07:05 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:

Toren flicked his tail as he listened to her staggered reply. After giving her a reassuring, confident smile, the tom cat turned toward the territory she had indicated. Setting out at a comfortable yet quick pace, the tom pushed his way past the lingering trees and bushes until he emerged into the tall grassland, the rush of openness swamping him. The wind blew softly, never ceasing to give way to still air. It was a nice day out, though a chill was hanging onto the breeze, prickling through his fur and sending his spine tingling. Parting his jaws and slowing the pace after shaking out his silver and white tabby fur, Toren tasted the air for any means of prey that happened to linger about the edge of the forest. The heathery scent of the land before him swept over his senses and immediately the familiar, inviting scent of a hare was carried on the breeze toward him. Toren flicked his ear excitedly and made sure to set his paws down lightly. He was swift and silent,, making hardy a rustle. As he crept forward, a sudden thought hit him; he had almost forgotten about his new-found companion, as he had gotten lost in the hunt. Quickly glancing at her, he pointed with his tail toward the left of his quarry, which was hopping lazily between the undergrowth. Hopefully she wouldn't get the just of what he had planned. Toren wasn't used to hunting with another, and merely gestured in what he assumed was a clear signal.
If Tori had been a good hunter, she probably would have done better in the Syndicate. She was… utterly lacking in pretty much everything. With very little physical strength, very little hunting skill, a poor memory and problems in social situations, Tori definitely had hit the motherload of poor personalities. Tori felt bad for herself, really… she didn’t like doing it, but it was hard not to. She pitied herself. And she would not want to be friends with a cat like herself. Surviving on her own had been easier than she had thought before… she was a better hunter when she wasn’t being watched. Toren wasn’t judging her. Toren seemed to like her, which Tori appreciated. She needed someone to support her. Perhaps this was that very cat. She doubted it, however… eventually he would move on as well. Anxiously, moving as though she wasn’t quite sure, Tori moved through the territory, a half-puzzled expression on her maw as Toren pointed towards something in the grass. Does he… want me to go over there? Am - am I… is there something there? Or am I doing something wrong? The most probable thing was that she was doing something wrong. Tori was always doing something wrong, it was why cats didn’t like her… but Toren’s expression was so friendly and he wasn’t scowling at her, so she supposed he could mean for her to move in that direction. Uneasily, Tori took a couple of steps to the right - her paws settling nervously, limbs even shaking a little as she tried to move quicker. Is this what you wanted? The she cat didn’t dare to speak, she was barely daring to breathe as she awaited Toren’s response. Was she doing good, or not? Tori didn’t often do something right, but every once in a while… she surprised even herself.

Old April 6th, 2018, 02:51 PM
💙🦌💙

Quote:
If Tori had been a good hunter, she probably would have done better in the Syndicate. She was… utterly lacking in pretty much everything. With very little physical strength, very little hunting skill, a poor memory and problems in social situations, Tori definitely had hit the motherload of poor personalities. Tori felt bad for herself, really… she didn’t like doing it, but it was hard not to. She pitied herself. And she would not want to be friends with a cat like herself. Surviving on her own had been easier than she had thought before… she was a better hunter when she wasn’t being watched. Toren wasn’t judging her. Toren seemed to like her, which Tori appreciated. She needed someone to support her. Perhaps this was that very cat. She doubted it, however… eventually he would move on as well. Anxiously, moving as though she wasn’t quite sure, Tori moved through the territory, a half-puzzled expression on her maw as Toren pointed towards something in the grass. Does he… want me to go over there? Am - am I… is there something there? Or am I doing something wrong? The most probable thing was that she was doing something wrong. Tori was always doing something wrong, it was why cats didn’t like her… but Toren’s expression was so friendly and he wasn’t scowling at her, so she supposed he could mean for her to move in that direction. Uneasily, Tori took a couple of steps to the right - her paws settling nervously, limbs even shaking a little as she tried to move quicker. Is this what you wanted? The she cat didn’t dare to speak, she was barely daring to breathe as she awaited Toren’s response. Was she doing good, or not? Tori didn’t often do something right, but every once in a while… she surprised even herself.
Toren watched her long enough to observe her make her movement and a moment later returned his gaze on the hare. It had heard the rustling in the undergrowth, which was exactly what Toren had wanted. So far, his quickly-formed plan was working as desired. The prey sat up straight, it's pink nose twitching and tiny eyes darting too and fro in search of who had made the noise. Quickly, the tom cat rose up from his crouch and threw up mud in his wake as he pushed off form the ground. A thrill shivered through him and a guttural sound echoed in his throat as he lurched toward the hare. It took one look at the fierce, wild looking cat and race day off in a blind terror toward Tori. Toren leaped after the animal and chased it toward his hunting partner, hoping dearly that she was alert and ready to pounce once the quarry reached her.

(( Also, I'm sorry this is so late. I do hope you had a nice Easter, though! ))

Last edited by Jynx; April 6th, 2018 at 02:51 PM.