Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
The Sol of a Strawberry...
Last post by CrimsonOaks
Today 10:04 AM
ThunderClan Patrols
by dino.
Last post by Tiabirb
Today 10:02 AM
How Well-Known Are You On...
Last post by *_Athena_*
Today 10:00 AM
willowpaw art?
by Myling
Last post by leopard.
Today 09:51 AM
Midnight's territory!...
by Red'fur
Last post by bubble[error].
Today 09:06 AM

Old October 3rd, 2016, 11:42 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

RiverClan RiverClan Leader's Den

Old November 20th, 2016, 07:52 PM
work is never done

Default Re: RiverClan Leader's Den

@Raywood

Fortunately, the trek from the territory to camp was uneventful, and Bucknight managed to remain upright long enough to make it to his den. He dragged himself across the enclosed space, paws scuffing the loose soil of his den's floor, and he all but flopped beside his nest - leaving room for Cakeless to join him if he wished.

Blood plastered his fur, clumping along his underbelly and side where the blood had oozed, trickled and dried, and he twisted to lap at the matted fur, smoothing out some of the mass with his tongue. "How's your shoulder?" he asked, distracting himself from the mess that was his fur. "Is it bleeding?" Bucknight didn't have a lot in his den that would stanch blood, but there was some fresh moss stored by the entrance, and they could use that as a substitute for cobwebs.

A thought occurred to him, and he paused. "Will - you be staying?" Bucknight was torn between his desire for Cakeless to stay and his aversion of the thought of his dear friend feeling obligated to stay.

Last edited by BEAR.; November 20th, 2016 at 07:52 PM.
Old November 20th, 2016, 08:25 PM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

@Lunacross

Trailing after Bucknight into camp, Cakeless paused at the mouth of the leader's den, unaccustomed to going inside on an occasion such as this. Even though Bucknight was his friend and trusted ally, and he was certain that was mutual, it felt like an invasion of privacy to continue on without a second thought. But upon realizing there was nothing to lose in joining him for now, he followed, happening to notice a suspiciously Cakeless-sized space left which he settled into beside his companion.

He got a better view of Bucknight's injury as he started lapping some of the dried blood away. Although he mentally recognized it was healed, it nevertheless caused him to grimace. "Hurts," Cakeless responded dismissively and with a quiet chuckle. "How else would it be?" It wasn't bleeding anymore, but the mess of crimson lingered around the gash. If he wasn't so exhausted, he would devote more attention to his wound, but Cakeless couldn't find the energy to bother with the strenuous chore of cleaning himself or finding out how bad it was. He wasn't hemorrhaging to death, and that was good enough for the moment.

At Bucknight's question, Cakeless' ears flicked forward in a pinch of amused confusion and interest. "Lonely, or do you just like me here? Or maybe you're hoping I'll nuzzle you again," he suggested teasingly but didn't need an answer. "Yeah, I'll stay."

Last edited by Fawn; November 20th, 2016 at 08:25 PM.
Old November 20th, 2016, 10:52 PM
work is never done

@Raywood

"Well," he started, "it could still be bleeding, for one." Without having a chance to check out his wound, Bucknight also didn't know how severe his wound was, and he carefully began to lap around the gash; forgoing cleaning himself in favor of removing the blood from around Cake's open wound. "Should clean it up," he mumbled. "Less risk of it getting infected."

Grateful that Cakeless agreed to stay, he faintly chuckled, but he refrained from answering. As he finished licking the blood from around his wound, he buried his muzzle in Cakeless's fur. "I'm glad you're okay." He hadn't registered it at the time, but as a result of seeing his friend in the jaws of the fox, he was terrified of the prospect of being alone. In a world without Cakeless, he didn't know what he would do. His life would be meaningless - just a catalyst for Eternalstar and his plans for the clans.

Last edited by BEAR.; November 20th, 2016 at 10:54 PM.
Old November 20th, 2016, 11:26 PM
the stars are aligned

@Lunacross

Again, he winced when Bucknight's tongue rasped over the cut and wished he would leave it alone for the night, almost certain he'd survive at least until morning. "You're doting," he muttered bluntly, wondering if that would get him to stop, not that he truly minded. He just wanted to sleep. Yawning, Cakeless added, "Pretty sure powerful leaders don't dote."

Thankful that he was finished after a couple minutes, he didn't make any movement to pull back as Bucknight's muzzle pushed into his fur and instead allowed the larger tom's warmth to surround him.

"You're right," he snickered, "life wouldn't be nearly as interesting with me dead." Although he yearned to say the same for Bucknight, the fact of it was that he hadn't walked away from the battle in an "alright" state. "You'd have to appoint a new warrior to slack off all day and never doing anything useful for the Clan."

Last edited by Fawn; November 20th, 2016 at 11:26 PM.
Old November 21st, 2016, 02:31 AM
work is never done

@Raywood

Satisfied that Cakeless's wound was cleaned, and content with keeping his muzzle burrowed in his fur, Bucknight sighed. "Hardly feel powerful." Dying was draining, and being torn open by a fox left a bitter taste in his mouth. Not being able to protect his C- friend wasn't a thought that improved his mood.

He wasn't wrong. Life without him would be dull. Bland. Colorless. ""Why would I appoint a new warrior in your place if you died?" The concept was absurd to him. "No one could replace you." He'd known him for the majority of their lives. They grew up together; friends since the flooding that destroyed the tunnels and brought Cakeless to Omengaze. It was solidified by their mentor/apprenticeship.

He'd always been there. The one consistency in Bucknight's life. The only cat he wanted in his life. Time wouldn't change that.

Last edited by BEAR.; November 21st, 2016 at 02:31 AM.
Old November 21st, 2016, 07:26 PM
the stars are aligned

@Lunacross

Cakeless guessed that was fair when he'd lost a life, but it'd been to a noble cause: protecting a clanmate from a fox, which he likely would have died to otherwise. "Why not?" he meowed, voice a bit slowed as sleep began to lap at him. A lazy laugh shook his frame, "You sacrificed yourself. If that's not powerful, I don't know what is."

Falling quiet, Cakeless contemplated the question. "Well, it would be very unfulfilling to have a Clan with only hardworking warriors, wouldn't it? Boring." What Bucknight added caused him to falter as a flutter ran through his heart and stomach, then give a chuckle. "No one could ever replace you, either." It was humorous in a way and cliche to admit, but he didn't mind, nor did he think Bucknight would.

"How long was your invitation for?" Cakeless asked after a moment with no intentions to move, regardless of the reply. "Until sunrise? A moon?"

Last edited by Fawn; November 22nd, 2016 at 01:47 AM.
Old November 22nd, 2016, 03:30 AM
work is never done

@Raywood

Sacrificing himself may have been powerful in the sense it was for a noble cause, but Bucknight couldn't shake the unease that came with the phantom memory of teeth ripping into his flesh. His mind went back to Otterstar, his predecessor, whom had lost all her lives in a similar fashion. If not for each other, they'd both be dead.

Faintly, he chuckled at Cakeless's statement. "It would be, but that's why I have you. Do you honestly think any of those plebeians can out-laze you?" Bucknight was lucky his muzzle was concealed by Cake's fur. He wouldn't have been able to hide how his face lit up at his words.

"Forever," he responded instantly. Bucknight paused, struggling to find the words to proceed. Attempting to express emotion through words was always difficult. It baffled him how some cats seemingly could do it effortlessly. "I want you by my side, always."

Last edited by BEAR.; November 22nd, 2016 at 03:30 AM.
Old November 22nd, 2016, 01:36 PM
the stars are aligned

@Lunacross

"Didn't realize you knew that word," Cakeless teased as he referred to the rest of RiverClan's residents as "plebeians." In reality, he had a feeling there were a pawful of warriors like him, those who stuck around for the prey and dodged patrols whenever possible, but it was true; no cat was able to out-laze him, and surely that was a feat to be proud of.

The immediate response was surprising, though he couldn't quite pinpoint why when it'd felt as if there was more than friendship when it came to Bucknight, and there had been for a while now. "Forever, huh?" he repeated, a soft laugh hanging on the words. "You know, having such an attractive piece of cat--" the sarcasm bled through his voice, "by your side might prove to be a bit of a distraction, and you already have enough trouble watching where you're going."

With an affectionate purr, he joked, "Or maybe you want me there to make you look bigger." The size difference between them was obvious. "But," he went on, "I guess I'll have to take you up on that. Can't think of any place I'd rather be, after all."

Last edited by vellichor; March 26th, 2024 at 09:53 PM.
Old November 23rd, 2016, 02:28 AM
work is never done

@Raywood

"Haven't been given the chance to use it," he returned. Outside of Cakeless, there were few cats he conversed with, and fewer he tolerated for a full discussion. Within the clan, there may have been other slacker warriors, but none of them would retain a hold around Bucknight's heart like his more-than-friend did.

Nervousness clung to him like a second pelt, for once uncertain as to how this conversation would play out. The only thing he was confident in was their relationship exceeded that of just friends.. but that didn't mean anything would come of it. "You're already a distraction," he said. "But that's alright. If I fall you'll just pick me back up -- figuratively."

"Could just be stealing you for your warmth," Bucknight mused. "With my superior size, I can smother the heat from you." As if. "Curled up in a warm nest?" he teased. "Can't imagine you being up for late night excursions." Withdrawing from his neck, Bucknight nuzzled Cakeless.

Last edited by BEAR.; November 23rd, 2016 at 02:29 AM.