Last post by Rani
Today 02:46 AM
RiverClan Floodstone
by BEAR.
Last post by Fish
Today 02:38 AM

Old September 23rd, 2022, 07:49 PM
i'm back!! & amp; amp; amp; amp; l t;3

Bump Policy: after one week; patrols bumps can be done every 2 days, I’m forgetful at times-
My Mood: Mysterious

Default Re: Windy Hills

[Ashflight]

Ashflight was glad when they finally go to Windy Hills, he turned his gaze to Irispaw, "We luckily don't have to go up onto the hills to hunt, though we must be careful while we are hunting. Falcons, vultures, and hawks are often flying around these parts looking for prey as well." He allowed for the breeze to wash over his fur before he spoke again, "Lets try and stay close to one another, in case we need to help each other out." He gently touched the apprentices shoulder to make sure they had heard him before he opened his maw to take in any scent of prey.

[ @alaska. ]

bump after a week
posting days are tuesday, thursday, and saturday if i happen to post outside of this, it's for my own enjoyment
staff sign here
dracarys - dani <3
oh look a fossil
RAHHHH (velli)
Old September 23rd, 2022, 09:25 PM

Bump Policy: after 3 days!!
My Mood: Inspired

Irispaw

Irispaw had followed the warrior to Windy Hills. She wondered whether she should tell Ashflight that she actually didn't know how to hunt. She'd had a mentor, Moosedusk, but then he'd been so grumpy that Irispaw didn't feel comfortable being around him. Now her newest mentor was Snapclaw and she had no idea what kind of mentor he was like. Albeit Irispaw felt that he wouldn't be good either. Irispaw didn't have good luck with mentors in the first place.

"Okay, got it," she said, nodding, when Ashflight told her about the predators that were around Windy Hills. However, Irispaw suppressed a shiver. Falcons, hawks, eagles? That sounded... scary.

"Um.. I kinda don't know how to hunt. My mentor hasn't taught me yet," Irispaw said hurriedly, as Ashflight opened his maw to scent for prey. Ooh... how exactly did one tell apart the scents from one another? Quickly, though, worry took over her curiosity. She glanced at the warrior. Would he get mad at her? Irispaw flattened her ears nervously and flicked her tail.

[ @Fox_Void ]
Old September 24th, 2022, 04:02 PM
i'm back!! &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; l t;3

Bump Policy: after one week; patrols bumps can be done every 2 days, I’m forgetful at times-

[Ashflight]

Ashflight turned his gaze toward the apprentice when she said she hadn't been taught how to hunt yet, a small frown came on his face, her mentor needs to get better "That's fine Irispaw, I can give you a quick lesson on it, don't worry if you mess up, I won't be mad." He spoke and gently gave her a small pat on the head with their tail.

He crouched down into a hunting crouch, making sure his belly was just slightly above the ground and his tail was low but wouldn't touch the ground, "This is the hunting crouch, when doing it, make sure you stay as low as you can and keep your paw steps as quiet as you can. Make sure you aren't so low your fur brushes the ground because that could scare away the prey.

He stood up once he was done showing the crouch, "and make sure when you are stalking the wind is pushing your scent the opposite way of the prey." Ashflight said as he looked back at Irispaw, making sure she was understanding what he was saying.

[ @alaska. ]

bump after a week
posting days are tuesday, thursday, and saturday if i happen to post outside of this, it's for my own enjoyment
staff sign here
dracarys - dani <3
oh look a fossil
RAHHHH (velli)
Old September 26th, 2022, 09:13 PM

Crowfoot

After making sure Tawnypaw was following them, Crowfoot went to the meadows that were by the Windy Hills. This would be the best spot to find the two flowers that Cowpaw needed. Daises and dandelions one is pure yellow and one is white petals with a yellow center. His tail flicked as he started to look around for those flowers. His gaze landed on a few of white flowers and he walked over and leaned down to gently nip at the stems. He glanced at Tawnypaw, mumbling slightly, "Do you see any dandelions?"

[ @celeste ]

bump after a week
staff sign here
dracarys - dani <3
oh look a fossil
RAHHHH (velli)
Old September 27th, 2022, 02:46 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Chatty

@oleander (ashehfgahg sorry i forgot that tawny was on a patrol lol)
Tawnypaw eagerly bounded after Crowfoot, though the was a bit slower than usual due to the injuries that she had been dealing with. She was getting used to walking normally with them though, and she was sure they'd heal soon enough. Cowpaw was a great medicine cat after all, and she trusted his magical herbs. Hm, okay, dandelions... Those were pure yellow flowers, right? The apprentice looked around, tipping her head as she searched for them. Oh - there was one! She grinned, hastily picking it up and smiling at Crowfoot. "Look, a dandelion! I got one! Oh my gosh!"

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

RiverClan Healing || Medicine Cat Den
Old September 27th, 2022, 04:52 PM

Irispaw

Irispaw was ... very glad that Ashflight wasn't mad. She had a feeling that her mentor would definitely be annoyed at the fact that she didn't know how to hunt. Knowing adult cats, Irispaw felt that her mentor would blame her. Which was so unfair! It wasn't her fault, really. She watched Ashflight's demonstration and listened to his lesson about hunting, and gave a nod.

"Thank you," she said gratefully, turning away from Ashflight. Irispaw opened her maw and tried to scent something, and smelled the familiar scent of... Rabbit! Trying to remember what the warrior had said, the slate-grey apprentice lowered herself, belly brushing the ground. Then... What did you do again? Stalk towards the prey?

Irispaw did just that ,attempting to keep her pawsteps as quiet as possible (though she honestly felt like she was stepping VERY loudly). She tried to do everything Ashflight had told her to do, and neared the rabbit, which was blissfully unaware of the cat. Irispaw hesitated, and then attempted a pounce, paws outstretched to catch the rabbit.

Either she'd made too much noise or done something wrong, because the rabbit squeaked and ran away. Irispaw's claws snagged on a bit of fur and as the little brown and white creature made its escape. Irispaw was left with a tuft of soft brown and white fur in her claws. The apprentice dropped this, shaking her claw and rising to her full height.

"Err... oopsie?" Irispaw tried, taking a step back. Her instincts told her to run back to the camp, but Irispaw didn't really know the way. Besides that would seem weak, and it could ruin her reputation. Irispaw flattened her feelings of despair. "I'll catch it next time," she said hopefully.

[ @oleander ]

Last edited by alaskaa; September 27th, 2022 at 04:53 PM.
Old September 28th, 2022, 05:34 PM

[Ashflight]

Ashflight just set his tail on her shoulder, "It's fine Irispaw, everyone makes mistakes, I know you can." and gave her a gentle smile. Once he was done, he removed his tail from her shoulder and opened his maw to find any more scents. His gaze flickered to where the smell of a mouse was coming from.

He dropped down into a crouch and stalked toward it, and once he was close enough he pounced on it and quickly nipped it's neck, and quietly thanked StarClan for the prey. He buried and turned back toward Irispaw, "Let's see if there is something we can catch for you." They spoke with a small ear flick before turning and waving his tail for Irispaw to follow him.

He stopped though when he noticed a vole a few tail-lengths away, he gestured with his tail toward it for Irispaw to try and catch it.
[ @alaska. ]

★・・・・・・★

[Crowfoot]

Crowfoot chuckled softly at Tawnypaw, nodding his head when he saw the dandelion, his tail flicked slightly as he looked around for more of the herbs. He walked around the meadows slightly, looking for either daises or dandelions.

He hummed lightly when he came across some more daisies and grabbed two more of them, having five held in his maw, his voice was still slightly muffled as he spoke, though he felt a small tingly sensation in his nose, but ignored it, "I see some more dandelions over there Tawnypaw." and he pointed with his tail toward a small clump of them.

After that though he sneezed slightly and shook his head slightly after, being slightly confused. Ah the pollen.

[ @celeste ]

(ooc: ik you might know, but i know that each patrol member can gather 5 herbs each so it's all good if you grab some more dandelions /lh)

bump after a week
staff sign here
dracarys - dani <3
oh look a fossil
RAHHHH (velli)

Last edited by perseus.; September 28th, 2022 at 05:34 PM.
Old September 29th, 2022, 05:15 AM

Irispaw

Irispaw was frankly quite relieved when Ashflight didn't seem irritated. She watched, curious, intrigued and frustrated as Ashflight scented a mouse and caught it easily. HOW in the name of StarClan did cats do that? This was toooo hard. Irispaw wanted an easy way to learn hunting. Argh. Even her optimistic nature couldn't put up with the stupid difficulty of hunting.

The slate-grey apprentice nodded, determined to catch her next prey. She followe Ashflight, and almost bumped into him when he paused abruptly. Irispaw realised quickly that he must've scented a prey. Behind the warrior, she edged around him as stealthily as possible (though she didn't feel very stealthy), and spotted a mole.

Evidently Ashflight expected her to catch it. Irispaw hesitated, and dropped down into the hunter's crouch again, hoping the posture was at least ninety percent perfect. She paused for a few moments, trying to remember what Ashflight had done to catch the mouse he now had. Had he.. grabbed the prey or something? Wait no. He'd bitten the neck of it. Irispaw shuddered, trying to imagine herself doing that. She was a pacifist all the way (until another Clan threatened her Clan. There was no way she was going to let them get off with that! WindClan was perfect the way it was).

Irispaw stalked towards the vole, which was unaware of her, thankfully. Once she was in its vicinity, her mind went blank, and she did what her gut told her to do. She pounced, grabbing it between her paws, where it squirmed pitifully. Irispaw had half the mind to let it go. But her Clan needed food. Irispaw nipped its neck, the way Ashflight had done, and stepped back with it in her maw.

She silently thanked StarClan for the food, like she'd seen some warriors do while eating in the camp clearing. Irispaw glanced toward Ashflight hopefully. Maybe he'd be proud.

[ @oleander ]

Last edited by alaskaa; September 29th, 2022 at 05:16 AM.
Old September 29th, 2022, 06:20 AM
I am REBORN!

Bump Policy: Three days
My Mood: Distracted

The wind blew strong in Rabbiteye's fur. He sat, eyes closed, listening to the gale as it whipped at his ears, bringing with it a few raindrops. He did not flinch as the splashed his face. Rather, he embraced it. The feeling of life all around him. His mate would never feel that again. He stood up. Had he lived as a warrior long enough now? Could he join StarClan if he wanted?

Ain't much that I know what to put 'ere...

"And that, my friends, is how a revolution dies." - Haymitch

Old September 29th, 2022, 11:55 AM

[Ashflight]

Ashflight let a deep purr in his chest once Irispaw caught the vole, "Good job Irispaw!" He moved his tail to give her a gentle pat on her on her head before he moved it so it was just swishing slightly behind him. "Lets see if we can catch at least one more before we head back to the camp. Remember to bury the vole so it doesn't get taken by anything else."

Ashflight hummed lightly, ear twitching as he thought, "Let's see if we can use both of us to try and catch the prey. One of us can scare it and make it run into the others claws." He said as he waved his tail as he started to try and scent anything else, he tasted some fresh hare, which when he looked where it was coming from and saw a hare a fox-length away.

He pointed towards it with their tail, and glanced at Irispaw, keeping his voice quiet so as not to possibly scare away the hare, "Would you like to scare it toward me, your I scare it toward you?" He had noticed the slight hesitance when Irispaw killed the vole and he didn't want to push the young cat to much.

[ @aveline. ]

bump after a week
staff sign here
dracarys - dani <3
oh look a fossil
RAHHHH (velli)