Today 10:58 AM

Old February 29th, 2024, 02:34 AM
*rattles cage* LEMME OUT

Bump Policy: once every 3 days
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: Shadow's Break

Darkfall

Shadow Fiend: Inactive | Beefed Up (T3) | Ultimate Predator: Inactive

Darkfall hadn’t particularly cared for excuses as to why the other two joined him late. It just didn’t matter. Not right now anyway. Their showing up was good enough for him, and he nodded to both of his patrolmates before leading them out of the camp.

The massive tom had complicated feelings about Shadow’s Break, as it had been the favored spot of the previous medicine cat, Elmshadow. Well… it was fine. In front, Darkfall didn’t say much, ready to get to hunting instead of wanting to waste time with idle chatter. His reputation as one of the elites was slipping, and though no one had said anything yet, he knew it was only a matter of time before Dawnstar brought it up to him. He had to do better.

Finally reaching Shadow’s Break, he briefly turned to where Raggedfang and Iceclaw were following. ”Alright you two, I’ll be heading off to hunt on my own, you two may hunt together if you wish it. Be mindful of the herbs unless you want Elmshadow’s angry spirit haunting you and a verbal lashing from my mate and I. Understood?” Not waiting for a response, he headed off in the direction he had previously been facing. It was a bit odd, referring to Larkfire as his mate despite her telling him that she wanted a break, but he didn’t care. As far as he was concerned, she was still his and he would do whatever it took to keep it that way.

With that in mind, he began to nose around for any prey scents.

[Sorry for the delay! The last couple of days have been extremely hectic. I got us an extension. Additionally, I will be posting every 48 hours going forward with around 3 posts before reporting. @Rogueheart @Starphobia ]

Basic Cat Genetics|Dark's Collection of VAs|
My OC Q&A!
velli lurked here
Old February 29th, 2024, 05:23 AM
Frostfire

Bump Policy: during the weak days from 6 am to 3 pm :) depending if im on.
My Mood: Dreaming

ShadowClan Re: Shadow's Break

LostPaw

"starclan wanted me...yet you refused me!"

Lostpaw walked around aimlessly, her tail up but her head down, she was looking for something but what? she wasnt sure, she didnt care, she needed something, she missed her old mentor when she thought about it, where was he? he couldnt be dead, there was no way, she took lots and lots of thought into it and she knew, he was alive....but where? she loved dovedance but she wanted to know...was her old mentor okay? was he alive? where was he!?

@Shellwhisker (for the mention of dovedance)
WindClan- Sparkkit-6M/tom
StarClan- Echoheart, Spottedfur, tigerkit, icekit, softkit, frostkit.
Dark forest- N/A
outskirts- adderkit-2M/tom, garfy-20M/she
Old February 29th, 2024, 06:10 AM
too busy drawing cats.

Bump Policy: whenever :p
My Mood: Angelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvia26 View Post
LostPaw

Lostpaw walked around aimlessly, her tail up but her head down, she was looking for something but what? she wasnt sure, she didnt care, she needed something, she missed her old mentor when she thought about it, where was he? he couldnt be dead, there was no way, she took lots and lots of thought into it and she knew, he was alive....but where? she loved dovedance but she wanted to know...was her old mentor okay? was he alive? where was he!?

@Shellwhisker (for the mention of dovedance)

Dovedance emerged from the undergrowth behind Lostpaw.

´´Lostpaw! Thank StarClan! There you are!´´
Old February 29th, 2024, 09:48 AM
Call Me Zei

Bump Policy: don't bump me if you don't want bumped
My Mood: Lonely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark View Post
Darkfall

Shadow Fiend: Inactive | Beefed Up (T3) | Ultimate Predator: Inactive

Darkfall hadn’t particularly cared for excuses as to why the other two joined him late. It just didn’t matter. Not right now anyway. Their showing up was good enough for him, and he nodded to both of his patrolmates before leading them out of the camp.

The massive tom had complicated feelings about Shadow’s Break, as it had been the favored spot of the previous medicine cat, Elmshadow. Well… it was fine. In front, Darkfall didn’t say much, ready to get to hunting instead of wanting to waste time with idle chatter. His reputation as one of the elites was slipping, and though no one had said anything yet, he knew it was only a matter of time before Dawnstar brought it up to him. He had to do better.

Finally reaching Shadow’s Break, he briefly turned to where Raggedfang and Iceclaw were following. ”Alright you two, I’ll be heading off to hunt on my own, you two may hunt together if you wish it. Be mindful of the herbs unless you want Elmshadow’s angry spirit haunting you and a verbal lashing from my mate and I. Understood?” Not waiting for a response, he headed off in the direction he had previously been facing. It was a bit odd, referring to Larkfire as his mate despite her telling him that she wanted a break, but he didn’t care. As far as he was concerned, she was still his and he would do whatever it took to keep it that way.

With that in mind, he began to nose around for any prey scents.

[Sorry for the delay! The last couple of days have been extremely hectic. I got us an extension. Additionally, I will be posting every 48 hours going forward with around 3 posts before reporting. @Rogueheart @Starphobia ]
Raggedfang nodded and trailed off after a mouse scent trail
Old March 1st, 2024, 05:18 AM
Frostfire

Bump Policy: during the weak days from 6 am to 3 pm :) depending if im on.
My Mood: Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellwhisker View Post
Dovedance emerged from the undergrowth behind Lostpaw.

´´Lostpaw! Thank StarClan! There you are!´´
LostPaw

lostpaw stopped and turned to her mentor, her eyes wide with a sadness and anger. "I cant sleep!" he meowed with a edge to her voice "i know he's alive! he cant be dead!" she shook her head and backed up, her fur bristled up with anger. "I CANT BELIEVE I WENT ON LIVING THINKING HE WAS DEAD!" she yowled, her eyes tearing up. "im horrible, i knew i was from the start, i have dreams and no one knows but me! he is alive!" her eyes had a rage and fear mixing into something. "i dont need to be a warrior, shadowclan doesnt need me! i wont come back until i find him!" lostpaw didnt know what she was saying, she was just so on finding her old mentor that she didnt know what she was doing was wrong. what was she doing?
WindClan- Sparkkit-6M/tom
StarClan- Echoheart, Spottedfur, tigerkit, icekit, softkit, frostkit.
Dark forest- N/A
outskirts- adderkit-2M/tom, garfy-20M/she
Old March 5th, 2024, 10:41 PM
The Ping You Dread

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Mistlewhisker
ShadowClan Enforcer
she/her | 38 moons
[Large black cat with a half white muzzle and pale green eyes, left gouged out]
Purrks: Beefed Up T2
· · ────────────── · ·
[Moonmeadow - @Theraphosa ] [Squirrelpaw - @furrensic ]
· · ────────────── · ·
Mistlewhisker padded into the clearing, patrol members nearby. She turned to Squirrelpaw. "Let's see how many poppy we can find." She meowed, eye twinkling. "Poppy seeds will be important for pain relief after the battle, and I want to prioritize it." She had become much more friendly towards Squirrelpaw, though it could hardly be called "friendly". It was closer to vague affection. She turned to Moonmeadow. "Find as much burnet as you can, and return back here." In comparison to her apprentice, Moonmeadow recieved a cool, neutral affect. As they had not met previously, this would be normal for Mistlewhisker.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (RC) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
Bump whenever! <3
~~~~~

Last edited by Mica; March 6th, 2024 at 03:36 PM.
Old March 9th, 2024, 12:49 AM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micanomancy View Post
Mistlewhisker
ShadowClan Enforcer
she/her | 38 moons
· · ────────────── · ·
[Moonmeadow - @Theraphosa ] [Squirrelpaw - @furrensic ]
· · ────────────── · ·
Mistlewhisker padded into the clearing, patrol members nearby. She turned to Squirrelpaw. "Let's see how many poppy we can find." She meowed, eye twinkling. "Poppy seeds will be important for pain relief after the battle, and I want to prioritize it." She had become much more friendly towards Squirrelpaw, though it could hardly be called "friendly". It was closer to vague affection. She turned to Moonmeadow. "Find as much burnet as you can, and return back here." In comparison to her apprentice, Moonmeadow recieved a cool, neutral affect. As they had not met previously, this would be normal for Mistlewhisker.

Moonmeadow
They/them | ShC warrior | Moons: 20 | Purrks: none

Moonmeadow followed Mistlewhisker out alongside Squirrelpaw after the patrol had gathered. It was a relatively quiet trip but Moonmeadow didn't mind and spent the time walking to Shadow's Break looking into the environment around them. Trying to catch sight of any of the poppies or Burnet needed by their medicine cats. Eventually, Mistlewhisker slowed the patrol and handed out tasks. The dark feline nodded their head respectfully to the enforcer. Burnet.

Burnet was the one with long stems and star shaped flowers. Easy enough to find. The feline left the little area and began to search through the foliage of Shadow's Break, making sure to stay within hearing range of their patrol mates as they searched. The feline let their large, dark paws carry them a bit away before they felt a sudden increase of mixture and took a step back with a slight hiss. Less about the water and more about the sudden change in texture.

It was just a bit more damp here is all, which was saying something for Shadow's break, not that that was a bad thing. Moonmeadow trotted a few more paces forward before finally their pale green eyes spotted something from the corner of their vision and they turned. To their delight, it was Burnet! Or at least, it matched the description to a tee. Now then, there were only a few good stalks on it still. Someone must've already been through here, Moonmeadow thought as they gently bit the herb, separating the plant from its base. They lifted the plants up and continued in a different direction knowing they could carry a few more.

[+2 Burnet]
[Moon's carrying 2/5 items]

Moonmeadow gif made by ramen!

[ @/Micanomancy - Mistlewhisker, @furrensic - Squirrelpaw ]
[I haven't done a patrol before, so let me know if this is wrong or if I need to fix anything /w\]

Seabreeze is currently one of Riverclan's Lionhearts!
[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is closed to all RPs currently!
Old March 9th, 2024, 03:49 AM
*rattles cage* LEMME OUT

Bump Policy: once every 3 days
My Mood: Sleepy

Darkfall

Shadow Fiend: Inactive | Beefed Up (T3) | Ultimate Predator: Active

Darkfall liked to consider himself a competent hunter. He also thought her were fairly good at fighting too, but hunting was something he had found came a bit easier to him growing up. That’s why as soon as he left his companions behind, he was able to quickly catch the trail of a mouse. It reminded him a bit of the time what felt like a lifetime ago when Cougarivy was teaching him to hunt. A mouse had been his first target at the time and just as he was about to catch it, the then leader of the enforcers tackled him. His opinion on the she-cat had been soured by the event, however, he appreciated her lessons now. He hoped she was okay.

Being mindful of the herbs so as not to disturb the ghost of the former medicine cat (nor draw the ire of his former mate), Darkfall tracked the scent to a small enclave of grass. Like an apex predator, he carefully crept forward, making sure that his weight was evenly distributed. Mice were tricky because they were able to pick up the vibrations of one’s paw steps, one’s smell, and the sounds that the hunter made. He hated hunting the small creatures because of it, but also got a sense of satisfaction, unlike other prey. Ears trained on his surroundings, he made sure there would be no interruptions before… he pounced! Darkfall pounced upon the spot and quickly dispatched the first mouse, only to find out there were two more. Quickly, he bit into their small bodies and killed them with a bite to the back of the neck.

A purr of satisfaction rumbled within him at the accomplishment and he carried his catch before leaving it within a small cache.

Not satisfied with the three mice, Darkfall went off in an attempt to find more prey. It was a little hard, trying to be mindful of the herbs and find something to bring back, however, he managed to find a small bird – a lark nibbling on some seeds. The black tabby found it immensely ironic that it was a lark that he had found, but he pushed the thought out of his head. Keeping low to the ground, he gave the bird a wide berth, using the undergrowth as cover. Carefully he crept forward before finally a flash of dark fur and claws pinned the bird to the ground, giving it a sharp bite to the back of its head just as it made a final cry.

Well, that sucked. Sure that the lark’s call scared off any further prey, the dark-furred enforcer went back to where he left his mice before grabbing them and heading back to where he left the others.
[Mouse +3, Lark+1]

[ @Rogueheart @Starphobia will be turning this in sometime on Sunday. Again, really sorry about the delay!]

Basic Cat Genetics|Dark's Collection of VAs|
My OC Q&A!
velli lurked here
Old March 9th, 2024, 01:35 PM
yippee!!!

Bump Policy: 4 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

SQUIRRELPAW
she/her. 9 moons. small russet molly with brown markings and yellow eyes.

sticking close beside mistlewhisker, the russet apprentice surveys the clearing. the logical part of her knows that, in the company of two warriors, there's really no reason to be so..aware. but the incessant thoughts in her head that tell her there could be danger stops her from relaxing. she gives mistlewhisker a nod, sending a curious glance moonmeadow's way. she'd received more or less an order from mistlewhisker, unlike the apprentice.

watching the other warrior branch off from the duo, squirrelpaw begins looking around. poppies were red flowers with a black center. surely they couldn't be that hard to find, right? making sure to keep close to her mentor, the molly soon spots something red peeking from behind the fallen log. upon closer inspection, she notices that it's two poppies! or she hopes so, at least. this is a totally normal flower..it's a poppy.. not poison, she reassures herself before carefully plucking the two flowers.

[ @Micanomancy @Theraphosa
+ 2 poppy ]

·characters· •pronouns.cc•

bump after 96 hours / 4 days
Old March 9th, 2024, 09:00 PM
The Ping You Dread

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theraphosa View Post
Moonmeadow
They/them | ShC warrior | Moons: 20 | Purrks: none

Moonmeadow followed Mistlewhisker out alongside Squirrelpaw after the patrol had gathered. It was a relatively quiet trip but Moonmeadow didn't mind and spent the time walking to Shadow's Break looking into the environment around them. Trying to catch sight of any of the poppies or Burnet needed by their medicine cats. Eventually, Mistlewhisker slowed the patrol and handed out tasks. The dark feline nodded their head respectfully to the enforcer. Burnet.

Burnet was the one with long stems and star shaped flowers. Easy enough to find. The feline left the little area and began to search through the foliage of Shadow's Break, making sure to stay within hearing range of their patrol mates as they searched. The feline let their large, dark paws carry them a bit away before they felt a sudden increase of mixture and took a step back with a slight hiss. Less about the water and more about the sudden change in texture.

It was just a bit more damp here is all, which was saying something for Shadow's break, not that that was a bad thing. Moonmeadow trotted a few more paces forward before finally their pale green eyes spotted something from the corner of their vision and they turned. To their delight, it was Burnet! Or at least, it matched the description to a tee. Now then, there were only a few good stalks on it still. Someone must've already been through here, Moonmeadow thought as they gently bit the herb, separating the plant from its base. They lifted the plants up and continued in a different direction knowing they could carry a few more.

[+2 Burnet]
[Moon's carrying 2/5 items]

Moonmeadow gif made by ramen!

[ @/Micanomancy - Mistlewhisker, @furrensic - Squirrelpaw ]
[I haven't done a patrol before, so let me know if this is wrong or if I need to fix anything /w\]

Quote:
Originally Posted by furrensic View Post

SQUIRRELPAW
she/her. 9 moons. small russet molly with brown markings and yellow eyes.

sticking close beside mistlewhisker, the russet apprentice surveys the clearing. the logical part of her knows that, in the company of two warriors, there's really no reason to be so..aware. but the incessant thoughts in her head that tell her there could be danger stops her from relaxing. she gives mistlewhisker a nod, sending a curious glance moonmeadow's way. she'd received more or less an order from mistlewhisker, unlike the apprentice.

watching the other warrior branch off from the duo, squirrelpaw begins looking around. poppies were red flowers with a black center. surely they couldn't be that hard to find, right? making sure to keep close to her mentor, the molly soon spots something red peeking from behind the fallen log. upon closer inspection, she notices that it's two poppies! or she hopes so, at least. this is a totally normal flower..it's a poppy.. not poison, she reassures herself before carefully plucking the two flowers.

[ @Micanomancy @Theraphosa
+ 2 poppy ]
Mistlewhisker
ShadowClan Enforcer
she/her | 38 moons
· · ────────────── · ·
[Moonmeadow - @/Theraphosa ] [Squirrelpaw - @/furrensic ]
· · ────────────── · ·
Mistlewhisker was pleased when Moonmeadow took instruction without issue, then focusing her attention on her apprentice. Squirrelpaw needed to be able to walk in her own territory without feeling terrible fear. Halfway through the journey to find poppies, however, and Mistlewhisker realized that this might very well be Moonmeadow's first patrol. Crap. The enforcer would have to check in on her once they returned to the clearing they separated in... perhaps even offer an apology.

When Squirrelpaw plucked two poppies from under a fallen log, Mistlewhisker nodded to her. "Good job." She praised. Catching a whiff of the flowers, she used that scent to track down some more. Near a large pine, under a layer of leaf litter, lay another bunch of poppies. The large warrior nipped two from the group, not wanting to take all of them in case they needed more later, and gestured wordlessly for Squirrelpaw to follow her back towards the meeting place.

Along the way Mistlewhisker was pleased to find something that resembled burnet, biting off a stalk and adding it to her collection. "I think this is burnet," she explained to Squirrelpaw when they stopped. "Though I am less familiar with it than I am poppy seeds."

[Mistlewhisker gained +2 poppy, +1 burnet!]

Mistlewhisker picked up her bundle again, heading back.

[Goodness I am so sorry I had no idea it was your first patrol I would have had Mistle be more hands-on AHHH but you did great!!!]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (RC) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
Bump whenever! <3
~~~~~