Last post by Silverfur & Co
Today 11:39 AM

Old March 4th, 2021, 08:09 PM
welcome to the garden

My Mood: Bashful

Default Re: Pinewatch Patch

// @Fae

{Hazelpaw}

The young feline lowered her heavily-furred haunches into the high meadow grass, resisting the urge to swish her tail with anticipation. The early new-leaf air was breezy and cool, but signs of the new season were already starting to show. Flowers, birdsong, and, among other things, a multitude of mice-- one of which the ShadowClan apprentice was currently tracking.

Discreetly she opened her jaws to taste the wind and was satisfied to sense the mouse close by. For a moment she was distracted by the trace of another nearby cat, but she pushed the niggling doubt aside. No ShadowClan cat could be dumb enough to disturb an ongoing hunt. The Clan needed this prey. And for that matter... Hazelpaw winced at her growling stomach. So did she.

Digging her paws into the soft earth, she prepared to pounce. The mouse was only a few tail-lengths ahead of her now. But at the last minute, a rustle in the field to her left caught her attention... and the mouse's. The panicked rodent scurried away and she let out a yowl of dismay.

"No!" Throwing herself into the chase, she plunged after it.

"you have enemies? good. that means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -victor hugo
bump me after 72 hrs
character site
Old March 6th, 2021, 12:48 AM
Nightmare Fuel

Bump Policy: ▸ Constantly

↠ Silverpaw ⚡[ @Snook ]
Well this wouldn't exactly be his proudest moment.

Silverpaw had been waiting for what felt like ages before that mouse came along. He didn't know how to properly hunt yet, so crouching down in the tall grass until an unlucky creature passed by was his best bet at catching something for now. At least it'll be something to impress Talonstone with...if that lousy so-called mentor decided to show his face to him. Surely his odds with this hunting technique weren't great, but it's better than just sitting around and not serving the Clan on his first day as an apprentice.

But...what were the odds of hunting the same prey as someone else? Apparently pretty high, considering he found himself in an awkward collision with (what seemed to be like) another Clanmate.

"What in the-?" Silverpaw hisses in confusion, kicking and squirming wildly to untangle himself with... "Hazelpaw?" His nose wrinkles. They hadn't formally met yet, but he's definitely seen her around camp. Great, now she'll forever remember him as the guy who ruined her hunt.

No...she ruined his hunt! "Get off me, mousebrain! I can't believe you ruined my first hunt!" His fur gets hot and puffs up. "Get off, get off, get off!!"

Last edited by Doom; March 6th, 2021 at 12:51 AM.
Old March 6th, 2021, 04:56 PM
welcome to the garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fae View Post
↠ Silverpaw ⚡[ @Snook ]
Well this wouldn't exactly be his proudest moment.

Silverpaw had been waiting for what felt like ages before that mouse came along. He didn't know how to properly hunt yet, so crouching down in the tall grass until an unlucky creature passed by was his best bet at catching something for now. At least it'll be something to impress Talonstone with...if that lousy so-called mentor decided to show his face to him. Surely his odds with this hunting technique weren't great, but it's better than just sitting around and not serving the Clan on his first day as an apprentice.

But...what were the odds of hunting the same prey as someone else? Apparently pretty high, considering he found himself in an awkward collision with (what seemed to be like) another Clanmate.

"What in the-?" Silverpaw hisses in confusion, kicking and squirming wildly to untangle himself with... "Hazelpaw?" His nose wrinkles. They hadn't formally met yet, but he's definitely seen her around camp. Great, now she'll forever remember him as the guy who ruined her hunt.

No...she ruined his hunt! "Get off me, mousebrain! I can't believe you ruined my first hunt!" His fur gets hot and puffs up. "Get off, get off, get off!!"
{Hazelpaw}

(Pardon Ms. Grumpyface, she hasn't had her nap today.)

Hazelpaw let out an indignant screech as the other apprentice collided with her and hastily wriggled free. "Your hunt?" she gasped in disbelief. "That mouse was mine, fox-dung!" Her scorching hazel glare grew even more bitter as she watched the mouse bound well out of reach and into the safety of the pines. "First hunt?" she scoffed, whirling to face him. "It figures, kit-fluff! Only an inexperienced little slug like you could do something so idiotic. I was clearing stalking it! And now the Clan has one less piece of prey!"

Fierce fury burned in her eyes. "What do you have to say for yourself?" A wicked smile curled the edge of her lip. "I'd fight for it, but I might squish you."

She stood before the young tom, a flush burning beneath her furry pelt and hackles raised. Silverkit, right? No, Silverpaw. He shouldn't be out of camp alone. She bit her lip-- technically, neither should she. But with all of Dawnstar's chaos, who would even notice? She felt her smoldering anger cool, but the irritation remained. Normally she wouldn't bat an eye at a young apprentice but no one ruined her hunt. Not even Talonstone, neglectful as a mentor as he had been. Arrogant little pest. She'd have to teach him a lesson.

"you have enemies? good. that means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -victor hugo
bump me after 72 hrs
character site
Old March 8th, 2021, 10:50 AM
Nightmare Fuel

↠ Silverpaw ⚡[ @Snook ]
Taken aback by the she-cats hostility, Silverpaw furrows his brows and puffs up his fur to show off his unnaturally large size. "First of all," he hissed, "I am NOT little! I may be fresh outta the nursery, but I could clobber you in a heartbeat!"

Now he was practically bristling with fury. "And I dont have to explain myself to you! I could've caught that mouse if you hadn't gotten in my way!" His stance widens and his long claws were digging into the dry earth. Part of him knew he shouldn't mess with an experienced apprentice, but he couldn't just let her treat him this way! All her teasing and that smug look on her face alone could easily keep the fire burning inside him.

"Oh, and what a lousy hunter you must be to not even notice I was there. If anything, you should pay me a compliment." Silverpaw smirked with a new confidence glowing in his eyes, replacing some of the blazing anger from before.
Old March 8th, 2021, 01:37 PM
welcome to the garden

Quote:
↠ Silverpaw ⚡[ @Snook ]
Taken aback by the she-cats hostility, Silverpaw furrows his brows and puffs up his fur to show off his unnaturally large size. "First of all," he hissed, "I am NOT little! I may be fresh outta the nursery, but I could clobber you in a heartbeat!"

Now he was practically bristling with fury. "And I dont have to explain myself to you! I could've caught that mouse if you hadn't gotten in my way!" His stance widens and his long claws were digging into the dry earth. Part of him knew he shouldn't mess with an experienced apprentice, but he couldn't just let her treat him this way! All her teasing and that smug look on her face alone could easily keep the fire burning inside him.

"Oh, and what a lousy hunter you must be to not even notice I was there. If anything, you should pay me a compliment." Silverpaw smirked with a new confidence glowing in his eyes, replacing some of the blazing anger from before.
Hazelpaw rolled her eyes, forcing her fur to smooth itself out even though annoyance still pricked beneath her pelt. "I knew you were there," she bluffed, eyeing the 'paw. "I just didn't expect you to have the luck to catch it." Her eyes were wide and innocent as a small smile popped onto her face. "It's okay," she mewed silkily. "I'll even let you take the credit for catching your very first mouse, even if I did chase it right into your paws." She ran her tongue over one shoulder, almost impressed at her own generosity. Usually, she wouldn't have sweated the misunderstanding, but today... well, he hadn't caught her on a good day. She cocked her head and observed him lazily. Such a new life. Bursting with vigor. It's funny how cats liked to cling to life-- it was so insignificant. She wondered...

Flicking her ear as if chasing off a bad dream, she realized with a pang of regret that she would have to diffuse the situation. Aggression hadn't been a good idea. Silverpaw was smaller than her but not by much-- and fights never ender well for a cat who didn't have claws. Using her teeth was usually risky... and now all she could do was wait for him to respond.

bump me after 72 hrs
character site
Old March 10th, 2021, 11:06 AM
Nightmare Fuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snook View Post

Hazelpaw rolled her eyes, forcing her fur to smooth itself out even though annoyance still pricked beneath her pelt. "I knew you were there," she bluffed, eyeing the 'paw. "I just didn't expect you to have the luck to catch it." Her eyes were wide and innocent as a small smile popped onto her face. "It's okay," she mewed silkily. "I'll even let you take the credit for catching your very first mouse, even if I did chase it right into your paws." She ran her tongue over one shoulder, almost impressed at her own generosity. Usually, she wouldn't have sweated the misunderstanding, but today... well, he hadn't caught her on a good day. She cocked her head and observed him lazily. Such a new life. Bursting with vigor. It's funny how cats liked to cling to life-- it was so insignificant. She wondered...

Flicking her ear as if chasing off a bad dream, she realized with a pang of regret that she would have to diffuse the situation. Aggression hadn't been a good idea. Silverpaw was smaller than her but not by much-- and fights never ender well for a cat who didn't have claws. Using her teeth was usually risky... and now all she could do was wait for him to respond.
↠ Silverpaw
Silverpaw's nose crinkled. "Liar." He hissed, unshaken by her change of tone. If anything, it egged him on. "If you saw me, then you would've caught the mouse ages ago! You're the experienced one, after all. It's sad how I seemed to be closer to catching it than you did. How pathetic..." That last part was not true, but he was practically searching for an excuse to argue at this point. The glare in his eyes intensified like gasoline to a flame, thirsting for a reaction out of her.
Old March 10th, 2021, 06:25 PM
welcome to the garden

Quote:
↠ Silverpaw
Silverpaw's nose crinkled. "Liar." He hissed, unshaken by her change of tone. If anything, it egged him on. "If you saw me, then you would've caught the mouse ages ago! You're the experienced one, after all. It's sad how I seemed to be closer to catching it than you did. How pathetic..." That last part was not true, but he was practically searching for an excuse to argue at this point. The glare in his eyes intensified like gasoline to a flame, thirsting for a reaction out of her.
{Hazelpaw}

Hazelpaw thought she'd been playing it smooth. She thought she'd been relatively chill, considering how he'd blundered into her hunt and scared off her mouse. Why, heck, she'd even offered the little brat an escape from the whole situation! Humiliation, half off! But no. He'd insisted on continuing to try to get under her skin- what was he trying to accomplish, besides puffing up his pint-sized chest? A growl built in her life as she grit her teeth. "What do you want, a fight?" she snapped. "Come back when your eyes are open and you can eat fresh-kill." She tried to ignore his words about her incompetence. It was true, it hadn't been her best hunt. But it wasn't his place to say that! If a scrape was what this scrap wanted, then she wouldn't hesitate to give it to him.

Glancing down at him now, he almost seemed to remind her of someone. Another young cat, another fight that was pointless and stupid and ego indulgent.

A limp body on the ground. A small spark extinguished. A cold place in her chest and a metal collar around her neck.

She almost stumbled back as she resisted the lump in her throat. She wasn't a loner anymore. It wasn't like that. It was just a silly mouse.

C'mon, Hazelpaw, be normal. You can't let your feelings get a hold of you like this. Don't let your mind go there. You're a normal cat with normal thoughts and normal impulses and a normal past.

You can't be scared of yourself. Not anymore. You're over with that!

She lashed her tail and blurted, "I can help you catch another one." It was a mumble- so low and indistinct he almost certainly hadn't understood her. But suddenly she had no desire to tussle with Silverpaw.

She sighed, and this time her voice was stronger, though her expression remained reluctant.

"Do you want to hunt with me?"

bump me after 72 hrs
character site
Old March 18th, 2021, 05:31 AM
Engine engine number nine

Bump Policy: 1 week unless time sensitive
My Mood: Inspired

Doveleap
***_________***

The transgender molly lead Aspenshadow through Shadowclan territory to Pinewatch Patch. She hadn't been here yet, but she had heard some cats talk about how great of a hunting place it was. Doveleap looked around, trying to find marigold. She began to scan the clearing and soon found the yellow and orange flowers. She padded over to them and started to grab a couple.

// @leopardstrike4; \\

Marigoldleap is a pretty active Riverclan warrior and I really want her to be as active as possible, so if there is ever a plot Idea and you need an extra cat feel free to reach out to me. Her and me would love to have something to do

Old March 18th, 2021, 07:23 AM
Snowing

My Mood: Dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelique View Post
Doveleap
***_________***

The transgender molly lead Aspenshadow through Shadowclan territory to Pinewatch Patch. She hadn't been here yet, but she had heard some cats talk about how great of a hunting place it was. Doveleap looked around, trying to find marigold. She began to scan the clearing and soon found the yellow and orange flowers. She padded over to them and started to grab a couple.

// @leopardstrike4; \\
Aspenshadow started to look for the herbs the medicine cat asked for. She saw a star-shaped flower. She picked ten of them and padded over to Doveleap.

Please bump be after 24 hours, thanks!

~| Dragons|~
Old March 21st, 2021, 05:48 AM
Engine engine number nine

Bump Policy: 1 week unless time sensitive
My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardstrike4 View Post
Aspenshadow started to look for the herbs the medicine cat asked for. She saw a star-shaped flower. She picked ten of them and padded over to Doveleap.
Doveleap looked at Aspendshadow. "What was the last herb he asked for?", she asked. She had forgotten already, which was normal for her. Why was she supposed to remember these things. She wasn't a medicine cat.

Marigoldleap is a pretty active Riverclan warrior and I really want her to be as active as possible, so if there is ever a plot Idea and you need an extra cat feel free to reach out to me. Her and me would love to have something to do