Last post by Forgetfulshape
Today 11:49 AM

Old December 31st, 2016, 05:11 PM
chirps

Default Re: RiverClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenic! View Post
@Skybird
After finishing his work on the Streamstone, Russetstar quietly stepped down and into the clearing, his fur shining in the chilled sunlight of leaf-bare as he stood. He'd finally been able to appoint his deputy, and he had faith in his choice- Blackgaze, a warrior who was trusted and responsible. He didn't really mind that she was blind, and honestly cared more about what a job she could do- which was exactly what he based his choice off of. He was trying his hardest to be a dedicated leader, and that meant choosing a deputy that was the best possible choice for Riverclan. Striding towards the fresh-kill pile, he'd gone on a patrol with a close friend a few hours ago and had ended the trip on a rather empty stomach, though he figured that could be solved rather easily with a meal. Picking up a rather large trout from the fresh-kill pile as the tom's stomach rumbled in distress, he quickly padded over towards an area of rocks typically
used to sun on by his clanmates, about to take a bite out of the fish before he noticed a familiar pelt to him, one that the new leader had just seen when he'd performed one of the most important ceremonies that a leader could. "Oh, hello, Blackgaze!" He exclaimed, waving his tail to the other cat with a burst of energy- he wanted to be able to talk to his close friend- and now, his deputy as well.
so... is this mean putting a hold on shale/russet/cricket for now?
Old December 31st, 2016, 05:13 PM
20 y/o grill dad

Bump Policy: 24hrs
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
so... is this mean putting a hold on shale/russet/cricket for now?
nooo it means posting for shale after i finish my other replies don't worry hun i gotchu
Old December 31st, 2016, 05:17 PM

Quote:
@Skybird
After finishing his work on the Streamstone, Russetstar quietly stepped down and into the clearing, his fur shining in the chilled sunlight of leaf-bare as he stood. He'd finally been able to appoint his deputy, and he had faith in his choice- Blackgaze, a warrior who was trusted and responsible. He didn't really mind that she was blind, and honestly cared more about what a job she could do- which was exactly what he based his choice off of. He was trying his hardest to be a dedicated leader, and that meant choosing a deputy that was the best possible choice for Riverclan. Striding towards the fresh-kill pile, he'd gone on a patrol with a close friend a few hours ago and had ended the trip on a rather empty stomach, though he figured that could be solved rather easily with a meal. Picking up a rather large trout from the fresh-kill pile as the tom's stomach rumbled in distress, he quickly padded over towards an area of rocks typically
used to sun on by his clanmates, about to take a bite out of the fish before he noticed a familiar pelt to him, one that the new leader had just seen when he'd performed one of the most important ceremonies that a leader could. "Oh, hello, Blackgaze!" He exclaimed, waving his tail to the other cat with a burst of energy- he wanted to be able to talk to his close friend- and now, his deputy as well.
Blackgaze's ears swiveled towards the voice of her friend and leader before she turned her body to face him, her paws padding forwards towards Russetstar. "Hello, Russetstar." she said in her calm voice, returning the greeting he had given her. She sniffed at the air a bit to follow Russetstar's scent and sat down when his smell got a bit too strong, using this as a way to find a place near him. Her black tail curled around her paws as her milky green eyes stared off above Russetstar, looking blindly at the clearing wall. It was a bit unnerving to anyone who hadn't known a blind cat, but it was the best she could to to give someone her attention. She didn't want to look at the ground or try and guess where to face the cat she was speaking to. The new deputy gave a slight hum. "Did ya want to talk or something? Or were you just saying hello?" she asked calmly.
Old December 31st, 2016, 08:11 PM
20 y/o grill dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird™ View Post

Blackgaze's ears swiveled towards the voice of her friend and leader before she turned her body to face him, her paws padding forwards towards Russetstar. "Hello, Russetstar." she said in her calm voice, returning the greeting he had given her. She sniffed at the air a bit to follow Russetstar's scent and sat down when his smell got a bit too strong, using this as a way to find a place near him. Her black tail curled around her paws as her milky green eyes stared off above Russetstar, looking blindly at the clearing wall. It was a bit unnerving to anyone who hadn't known a blind cat, but it was the best she could to to give someone her attention. She didn't want to look at the ground or try and guess where to face the cat she was speaking to. The new deputy gave a slight hum. "Did ya want to talk or something? Or were you just saying hello?" she asked calmly.
Russetstar was never really one to judge a cat based on what they seemed to be- and even after getting more suspicious due to his own sister's betrayal, he found the somber but respectable Blackgaze to be somebody others could trust- including himself. "I guess we could talk about how to run this place, or at least keep everyone here from injuring themselves." He chuckled, his tail swishing with amusement as he talked- though it was quite obvious by his tone of voice that the tom was simply joking- he trusted his clan not to hurt themselves every time he turned his back, for he'd seen them through much more experienced leaders than himself, and even through Bucknight they stayed relatively fine- by what he'd heard, Windclan had it the worst. "Nah- I just wanted to catch up with you, that's all- see how you've been doing, if that makes sense. I'm your friend, after all." The tom explained, his fur ruffling in a slight breeze which seemed to end almost as soon as it had begun- the weather was cold, but Riverclan's hearts and hopes were as warm as the sun on the hottest day of greenleaf, ready for recovery.
Old December 31st, 2016, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Russetstar was never really one to judge a cat based on what they seemed to be- and even after getting more suspicious due to his own sister's betrayal, he found the somber but respectable Blackgaze to be somebody others could trust- including himself. "I guess we could talk about how to run this place, or at least keep everyone here from injuring themselves." He chuckled, his tail swishing with amusement as he talked- though it was quite obvious by his tone of voice that the tom was simply joking- he trusted his clan not to hurt themselves every time he turned his back, for he'd seen them through much more experienced leaders than himself, and even through Bucknight they stayed relatively fine- by what he'd heard, Windclan had it the worst. "Nah- I just wanted to catch up with you, that's all- see how you've been doing, if that makes sense. I'm your friend, after all." The tom explained, his fur ruffling in a slight breeze which seemed to end almost as soon as it had begun- the weather was cold, but Riverclan's hearts and hopes were as warm as the sun on the hottest day of greenleaf, ready for recovery.
Blackgaze gave a soft chuckle-like noise, her shoulders shaking softly in amusement at the joking tone Russetstar had. "Ah, I see. Makes sense, I've been wanting to talk to you and catch up on things but when you recently became leader I wanted to give you a bit of space." she told him, the tip of her tail swishing softly. "It seems stressful and all, that StarClan up and told you to become leader." she added softly, a soft cat-like smile on her muzzle. "I mean... you never had the ability to gain yourself and be ready for the possible future of being leaders like deputies do. Ya'know?" she explained her reasoning a bit, her blind eyes softly closing for awhile. It wasn't like they needed to be open, as even then all the deputy saw was darkness. Closing her eyes for even a small moment was like a resting process in a way, like a very tiny nap almost.
Old January 1st, 2017, 04:05 PM
20 y/o grill dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird™ View Post

Blackgaze gave a soft chuckle-like noise, her shoulders shaking softly in amusement at the joking tone Russetstar had. "Ah, I see. Makes sense, I've been wanting to talk to you and catch up on things but when you recently became leader I wanted to give you a bit of space." she told him, the tip of her tail swishing softly. "It seems stressful and all, that StarClan up and told you to become leader." she added softly, a soft cat-like smile on her muzzle. "I mean... you never had the ability to gain yourself and be ready for the possible future of being leaders like deputies do. Ya'know?" she explained her reasoning a bit, her blind eyes softly closing for awhile. It wasn't like they needed to be open, as even then all the deputy saw was darkness. Closing her eyes for even a small moment was like a resting process in a way, like a very tiny nap almost.
"I guess that's true- I didn't have much time to prepare, did I? It's almost as if I just became more prepared, more focused, and just... more ready for the job once I received my nine lives. Y'know, you get to see so many of the cats who've left you up in the stars, and it just... gives you hope." Russetstar tried to explain, though it was hard to put everything he was feeling neatly into words- what happened when he saw his former apprentice, Willowpaw, and seeing how proud she was of him was one of the greatest feelings in the world for this tom, and it would be something he'd always remember. "It's a bit stressful, being told to rebuild this clan from what Bucknight's leadership did to it, but I feel like restoring faith in Starclan is easier than it sounds- it's something that is done with ceremonies, with friends, and with the joy of understanding that they're watching over us, huh?" He sighed, looking up into the afternoon sky wistfully as he spoke. "The night sky and the stars together are beautiful, don't you think? It's the same thing as looking at Riverclan and knowing that no matter how dark the sky gets, we are the stars, and we are able to shine brightly."
Old January 1st, 2017, 04:18 PM
a tiny bean

My Mood: Amazed

//Ill join in on my tom aloemist lol

The tom pads around the clearing before finding a nice place to settle, his eyes averting until they landed on the warrior den..
lotusfang

Last edited by Reverie; January 1st, 2017 at 04:20 PM.
Old January 1st, 2017, 04:21 PM
I got nothing...

My Mood: Worried

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxJaggededgexx View Post
//Ill join in on my tom aloemist lol

The tom pads around the clearing before finding a nice place to settle, his eyes averting until they landed on the warrior den..
Dewpatch shook her short white and grey patched pelt. She sat down in front of the warrior's den and groomed herself. Her greyish/green eyes looking around.
Old January 1st, 2017, 04:24 PM
a tiny bean

My Mood: Amazed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedar View Post
Dewpatch shook her short white and grey patched pelt. She sat down in front of the warrior's den and groomed herself. Her greyish/green eyes looking around.

The tom mutters a hello before noticing that he was blushing a bit, must be the sun.
lotusfang
Old January 1st, 2017, 04:27 PM
I got nothing...

My Mood: Worried

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxJaggededgexx View Post
The tom mutters a hello before noticing that he was blushing a bit, must be the sun.
The she-cat looked up at the muttered words. She tilted her head a mewed, "Hello? Did someone call me?" she asked aloud.