Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Your royal highness...
by Dakotaa
Last post by chickadee
Today 10:13 PM
We Do A Bit of Spooking
by Dust
Last post by chickadee
Today 10:11 PM
ThunderClan Nursery
by dino.
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 09:24 PM
Song Requests
by Fawn
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 09:08 PM

Old May 5th, 2020, 06:01 PM
Create your own sunshine

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine Cat's Den

@Wings @Spiderfrost @Dipper

Otterstone nodded at what Brightwhisker said, rising and getting wet moss after she had set her herbs down. She returned, cleaning his injuries gently, before turning her head half way to Fawnsqueak.

“Now that his wounds are clean, we can work on herbs. dandelion, it’s used as a fast acting numbing agent. We use it first, then our marigold. It’s a wonderful infection stopper.” She spoke quickly, com to muring to work as she did, mashed the two herbs into a pulp. “We can put it on the wounds that aren’t as sensitive.” She moTioned to the wound on his head. “That is something we need to look at closer.” She smeared the poultice on the bite wounds.

“Pads that over with Spiderweb, and I’ll start looking at the head wound.” She moved close to his head. “Owl flight if you can hear me, make some noise, but please stay still.” She meowed, pausing to see if he would answer.
Old May 5th, 2020, 06:10 PM
the stars are aligned

Fawnsqueak hovered near Otterstone to mentally go through the checklist: wash, herbs, cobweb, remembering what Coyotesnarl had been teaching him and on his own, he'd been practicing, memorizing until it was burned into habit. "So.. dandelion numbs," he commented more for his own benefit than anybody else's, "why are you using it here?" It was a question of curiosity since it seemed Owlflight was unconscious from his lack of movement. "Oh, right, yeah-- I know about marigold and goldenrod and the rest of the, uh, fighting-infection herbs." He blinked at Otterstone's mashing of the herbs, tilting his head. "Is.. that what we do with them?" Coyotesnarl had mostly chewed his, but perhaps it didn't matter. Although he was still reeling from that, Fawnsqueak gathered the cobwebs to massage them onto the wound, into the fur so it wouldn't be easily-removed.

@Spiderfrost @Wings @CheetahPelt

everything about us is going to be wonderful
Old May 5th, 2020, 06:28 PM
Create your own sunshine

@Spiderfrost @Wings @Dipper

“He May be passed out from
The pain. Thought I’d give the guy some relief.” She meowed, regarding the dandelions. She nodded as Fawnsqueak spoke about goldenrod and marigold. “Good. There are more herbs good for infection but the main ones you know. Tansy can also be used for coughs, if eaten by the patient. But rubbed into wounds It’s good for infection”

As she started to examine his head wound she nodded to the Tom. “You can mash them or chew them, either works.” She hemmed and looked at Brightwhisker. “When he was thrown do you know if he hit his head?”
Old May 5th, 2020, 06:33 PM
the stars are aligned

The head injury seemed more like the culprit, but he hesitantly nodded. "I.. I'm pretty sure Brightwhisker said he got thrown against a tree," Fawnsqueak recalled as he peered to Brightwhisker for confirmation, "and-- the blood.." He grimaced, those two wounds might have something to do with it. His eyebrows furrowed when she mentioned tansy, and he was fairly certain that wasn't on Coyotesnarl's list of herbs that helped with infected wounds. "Y-yeah?" he questioned lightly. "I.. don't think Coyotesnarl taught that one, not for infection anyway." It probably slipped his mind, or something.

Feeling a little sympathetic since she was stressed and maybe didn't hear the first time, he repeated for her gently, "Brightwhisker already said that, Otterstone. He did hit his head when the fox flung him."

@Spiderfrost @CheetahPelt @Wings

Old May 5th, 2020, 06:53 PM
#RedInStead

My Mood: Distracted

The tabby tom's plumed tail swept close to his side and his ears were flopped back. He heard the other three talking about things but, didn't listen to them. The sounds blurred together a bit to be frank.

Eyes still closed, he felt the cooling relief of herbs on his back, sighing a bit while Otterstone smeared them on. And, when the three legged she came to his head, he did as he was told, murmuring softly, "I'm awake."
@CheetahPelt @Dipper @Spiderfrost
Time sensitive RPs count in this count.

Old May 5th, 2020, 06:53 PM
What even...

My Mood: Relaxed

-- @Dipper -- @CheetahPelt -- @Wings --

Brightwhikser flattened his ears against his head in worry as she thought back to the moment the fox threw his companion. But he couldn't remember, he had been so frozen in shock at the sudden attack that all he could to was snap out of it when Owlflight collapsed and charge the fox so it couldn't try to go back after the downed warrior--or worse, the inexperienced Lampreypaw.

Regretfully, Brightwhisker shook his head. "I-I can't remember if he did, he was dizzy, but the fox shook him hard before he hit the tree."

And then he heard Owlflight's murmured answer and sighed in relief. Thank goodness, he was awake.

Last edited by Spiderfrost; May 5th, 2020 at 06:55 PM.
Old May 6th, 2020, 10:04 AM
Reatching old show pilots

Dusktail padded into the medicine den, struggling a bit to breathe. "Otterstone? Fawnsqueak?" she rasped, "Hello?"

@CheetahPelt
@Dipper

Possible future character above <3
I won't be able to respond from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. (ET) on weekdays, as I'm in school.
I fell asleep and now it's not 2020 anymore
A Little Slice of Crow's Home Paradise
Old May 6th, 2020, 10:28 AM
Create your own sunshine

@Dipper @Wings @Spiderfrost

"She said he hit the tree, not if he hit his head." She meowed to Fawnsqueak. Was there an herb for headaches? She wasn't sure. Feverfew was good for fevers, which had to do with the head. But the more she wracked her brain, there had been no herbs for dizzyness and headaches.

"I'm going to try something. We're going to use feverfew for his head." His small meow made her happy, he was awake, and he could still speak. "Have him eat a little, and put some on his wound." But they didn't have feverfew.
"But that means we need to find some, so we treat it with dandelion and tansy, we can come back with feverfew in a bit." She nodded to Fawnsqueak.
"When we finish up, we can head out for some herbs." She meowed, before dipping down beside Owlflight. "You should be alright, I don't have anything but water to help ease your headache at the moment. I can give you poppy seeds, to put you to sleep, but otherwise, I'm sorry."

---- (And she's split! *gasp*!)

Otterstone padded over to Dusktail with a soft smile. "Hello Dusktail." She watched the she cat for a moment, observing her poor breathing. "A little trouble breathing today?" She asked. Her mind flashed back to Dirtfur, and how their last day together had been plagued with his sickness. He had had greencough, was it back in the clan?
She shook her head, trying to dislodge the memories like fleas out of her ears. "Come on in the back of the den, I'll check up on you." @Pouncepaw

(Sorry guys, wanted to post before I did my college exam, I will be offline for a bit, so If I don't respond soon don't worry.)

Last edited by CheetahPelt; May 6th, 2020 at 10:29 AM.
Old May 6th, 2020, 10:38 AM
Reatching old show pilots

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheetahPelt View Post
@Dipper @Wings @Spiderfrost

"She said he hit the tree, not if he hit his head." She meowed to Fawnsqueak. Was there an herb for headaches? She wasn't sure. Feverfew was good for fevers, which had to do with the head. But the more she wracked her brain, there had been no herbs for dizzyness and headaches.

"I'm going to try something. We're going to use feverfew for his head." His small meow made her happy, he was awake, and he could still speak. "Have him eat a little, and put some on his wound." But they didn't have feverfew.
"But that means we need to find some, so we treat it with dandelion and tansy, we can come back with feverfew in a bit." She nodded to Fawnsqueak.
"When we finish up, we can head out for some herbs." She meowed, before dipping down beside Owlflight. "You should be alright, I don't have anything but water to help ease your headache at the moment. I can give you poppy seeds, to put you to sleep, but otherwise, I'm sorry."

---- (And she's split! *gasp*!)

Otterstone padded over to Dusktail with a soft smile. "Hello Dusktail." She watched the she cat for a moment, observing her poor breathing. "A little trouble breathing today?" She asked. Her mind flashed back to Dirtfur, and how their last day together had been plagued with his sickness. He had had greencough, was it back in the clan?
She shook her head, trying to dislodge the memories like fleas out of her ears. "Come on in the back of the den, I'll check up on you." @Pouncepaw

(Sorry guys, wanted to post before I did my college exam, I will be offline for a bit, so If I don't respond soon don't worry.)
Dusktail nodded, her throat too sore to speak, and padded after Otterstone to the back of the den.

Possible future character above <3
I won't be able to respond from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. (ET) on weekdays, as I'm in school.
I fell asleep and now it's not 2020 anymore
A Little Slice of Crow's Home Paradise
Old May 6th, 2020, 03:03 PM
the stars are aligned

"Oh.." Fawnsqueak acknowledged, humming lightly in contemplation as he tried to envision the scene of being flung by a fox and then colliding into a tree. "I guess it's just-- I just jumped to that, considering he was unconscious." The blood loss wasn't good either, but he probably wouldn't have passed out from that.

Unaware of feverfew's use, he asked, "Okay.. that's a plan, but why?" It also sounded odd to him to both ingest the herb and apply it as a salve, previously under the impression there weren't any that could be used like that. Fawnsqueak let Otterstone chatter about the herbs and reassure the patient, standing back with a strained and awkward smile that he'd intended to be comforting.

@CheetahPelt @Spiderfrost @Wings