Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
an unexpected meeting [p]
by starry
Last post by ellie
Today 06:00 PM
this is why.
by hades.
Last post by hades.
Today 05:55 PM
"Sharpen your teeth" - RC...
Last post by Fritter
Today 05:54 PM
Helping & Healing Paws [...
by Omari
Last post by Estelle
Today 05:34 PM

Old April 16th, 2024, 09:27 AM

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Chatty

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zei View Post

"Well Fadingsun said to have you check out my paw... it got injured when i got attacked by a dog..." He lifted up his Splayed Front paw "it's mostly healed though... and Fadingsun said i should practice fighting with it..." He meowed with a long sigh "so... does it... look okay to you?" he meowed nervously
Mistyshard's assumptions were confirmed when Martenburr mentioned Fadingsun having sent him here. She looked at the paw with furrowed brows, noting that it was splayed though it appeared to be mostly healed. She attempted to gently lift it up using one of her front paws and press on it very lightly. It was the most logical thing she could think of to check if there was pain... if there was pain it meant the paw wasn't fully healed yet, right? "How does it feel when I squeeze it a bit? Normal? Or does it hurt?" she questioned curiously.

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

RiverClan Healing || Medicine Cat Den
Old April 16th, 2024, 09:35 AM
Pfp from Charat.me

Bump Policy: don't bump me if you don't want bumped
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry View Post
Mistyshard's assumptions were confirmed when Martenburr mentioned Fadingsun having sent him here. She looked at the paw with furrowed brows, noting that it was splayed though it appeared to be mostly healed. She attempted to gently lift it up using one of her front paws and press on it very lightly. It was the most logical thing she could think of to check if there was pain... if there was pain it meant the paw wasn't fully healed yet, right? "How does it feel when I squeeze it a bit? Normal? Or does it hurt?" she questioned curiously.

Martenburr furrowed his eyebrows... or at least his markings that looked like eyebrows... "to be honest i can't feel anything... ever since the attack it was either throbbing with pain or so numb i couldn't feel it... its like its not there at all" He said with a sigh "i'm never going to be able to feel it again will i? i can still move it but it's more like a oh whats the phrase? ghost limb? yes i think thats what its called a ghost limb... like its there, it works but at the same time its like its not there, i just can't feel it... does that make sense?"

"Flower Power is Key, Dear, To A Healthy body and a Healthy Mind" - Harley Quinn of Rose Mist Flower Farms
Old April 17th, 2024, 03:02 PM

A ghost limb? Mistyshard angled her head to the left, looking at the paw with squinted eyes. This was new. An unmovable part of the body that was pretty much numb and didn't hurt at all. At least that meant it wasn't infected or anything, as far as she knew. Probably just beyond repair because it had not been treated for so long. She slowly but surely released her grasp, carefully eyeing Martenburr's face in case he showed any sign of agony. She debated getting Marigoldleap to give it a once-over but as far as she knew, it should be fine. Didn't look infected, swollen, or anything... Martenburr appeared to know what he was talking about, he even knew the name of the condition that had happened to his paw.

As long as the warrior found a way to live with it and trained hard to be able to fight despite the ghost limb, she didn't see any further problems. However, a strict look popped onto her maw and glinted in her one amber eye as she spoke the next few words. This was important and if Martenburr disobeyed this request she wouldn't be very happy. "You should be good to go for now. If anything - do you understand, anything - starts hurting, wether it's your paw or not, you come to me immediately. In case something has spread I'll need to know as soon as possible so don't be swallowed by pride and choose not to come visit. Well then, you're dismissed..."

Her voice trailed off and she gave the warrior a curt nod. Hopefully he wouldn't ignore her plea, otherwise there could be big consquences. Mistyshard did not know all too much about these things but she was aware of the fact that an infection could spread. If that was the case... she would want to treat it alongside Marigoldleap as early as possible.

[ @Zei - Martenburr ]

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

Old April 18th, 2024, 08:36 AM
Pfp from Charat.me

Bump Policy: don't bump me if you don't want bumped
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry View Post
A ghost limb? Mistyshard angled her head to the left, looking at the paw with squinted eyes. This was new. An unmovable part of the body that was pretty much numb and didn't hurt at all. At least that meant it wasn't infected or anything, as far as she knew. Probably just beyond repair because it had not been treated for so long. She slowly but surely released her grasp, carefully eyeing Martenburr's face in case he showed any sign of agony. She debated getting Marigoldleap to give it a once-over but as far as she knew, it should be fine. Didn't look infected, swollen, or anything... Martenburr appeared to know what he was talking about, he even knew the name of the condition that had happened to his paw.

As long as the warrior found a way to live with it and trained hard to be able to fight despite the ghost limb, she didn't see any further problems. However, a strict look popped onto her maw and glinted in her one amber eye as she spoke the next few words. This was important and if Martenburr disobeyed this request she wouldn't be very happy. "You should be good to go for now. If anything - do you understand, anything - starts hurting, wether it's your paw or not, you come to me immediately. In case something has spread I'll need to know as soon as possible so don't be swallowed by pride and choose not to come visit. Well then, you're dismissed..."

Her voice trailed off and she gave the warrior a curt nod. Hopefully he wouldn't ignore her plea, otherwise there could be big consquences. Mistyshard did not know all too much about these things but she was aware of the fact that an infection could spread. If that was the case... she would want to treat it alongside Marigoldleap as early as possible.

[ @Zei - Martenburr ]
Martenburr nodded and paddled away
meowing "Congrats by the way on the new rank" before disappearing with a soft smile

"Flower Power is Key, Dear, To A Healthy body and a Healthy Mind" - Harley Quinn of Rose Mist Flower Farms
Old April 18th, 2024, 04:39 PM
♡ Pixie ♡

Bump Policy: ✩1 week / 48 hrs if Time-limited✩
My Mood: Angelic

Rainpaw
He/They - 14 Moons

[ healing form ]

tw: Contains mention of panic attack

Okay. Coast clear. Rainpaw groaned and flopped over to his back. The medicine den was uncomfortable. He heard Mistyshard was announced as medicine cat, so that happened. But he didn't want to be healed. Sure, he passed out, but could you blame them? HE HAD A FREAKING PANIC ATTACK! OF COURSE RAINPAW WAS AT RISK OF PASSING OUT! The apprentice's one blue eye scanned the surroundings. He lifted himself up. Stars, his body ached all over. But he was done. Just done. The scarred apprentice looked around before heading to exit the den. Hope that Mistyshard didn't catch him. That was all he could do. They were probably going to be ordered back, but he was not going to be confined there for the next who knows how long?

[ @starry ]

x ghostie is haunting this signature
Bean's favorite staff member Lillian was here
lio sneezed here (achoo)
you see crude graffiti... it spells "velli wuz here"
Rose caught the sickness (oh dear)
My Soul is in @/Ian's basement with some ice cream
Pocket Full Of Purrkies
Old April 22nd, 2024, 06:15 PM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Bump Policy: 3 days ✧ 24 hours for time sensitive rps
My Mood: Mysterious

Birdsnow passed out in a nest. (Just an Activity post while I'm on hiatus, not open or for healing <3)
Old Yesterday, 01:04 AM
professional yapper

Bump Policy: 48 hours (24 hours for time sensitive)

Blackfrost
50 moons • RiverClan warrior • she/her
long-furred, mostly black tortoiseshell she-cat with sharp blue eyes

With one final heave, Blackfrost hauled Roseshard through the medicine den entrance. She dropped his limp form to the floor without ceremony — she could feel every step she'd taken to get here, deep in her bones.

"Mistyshard," she called, more breathily than usual, "We have a head trauma. Fell out of a tree chasing a squirrel... or something." She exhaled heavily and sat down. She screwed her eyes shut and thought longingly of her nest in the warriors den. Yet she knew she was a long way off from sleep.

"He was showing some confusion, and then fell unconscious again. I dragged him all the way back and he didn't even twitch." Dead weight, that's what he was. That of a full grown warrior who Blackfrost had just had to drag halfway across the territory, on her own. She had thought to run for help, but she didn't know how critical Roseshard's condution was, and she really wasn't the gambling type when it came to the lives of her clanmates.

"Do you need me for anything? Clarification... or... or, uh, questions..." Her vision went dark and swam like a river. She knew that wasn't good, especially already sitting down. She took a deep breath and waited it out. "I think I'll be needing something to eat," she admitted to no one in particular. The thought reminded her of the prey Roseshard had left, and she held back a sigh thinking of the trip to fetch it.

|| @starry @MockingRabbit ||
Old Yesterday, 02:52 PM

...What did Rainpaw think he was doing. Light grey paws trotted towards the medicine cat’s den entrance and the striped molly let a disappointed frown settle on her maw. Through past experience she had noted Rainpaw wasn’t the most sensible or level-headed apprentice but just completely neglecting healing simply because he was too stubborn was a different level. She wouldn’t just let him escape without telling her how he felt or what was going on. One amber hue fixated on the blue-gray “youngling” – though he did seem a bit beyond his moons but she would not judge especially because of her long apprenticeship – and she stood square in front of the entrance of the den. Light front paws extended to both sides, creating a barrier that was hard to pass through especially with the practice and strength Mistyshard had.

”Where do you think you’re going,” the newly appointed medicine cat huffed. Her ears were slightly pinned back to show Rainpaw she wasn’t playing. Usually she was kind-hearted and caring with her patients but it was an exception when they blatantly tried to escape from her healing while she was literally right in front of them. Her semi-fluffy tail flicked to and fro and she stared the apprentice right in the eyes. Maybe one he’d gotten over himself she would soften up again but first she needed to be stern and show this was not acceptable and she wouldn’t condone such idiocy.

“I’m going to let you know that you’re definitely not leaving this den before I’ve healed you. You heard Fadingsun’s orders and decide to disrespect him and me by openly disobeying that. Even if you’re not in the best position right now, I’m expection you to at least stay here and get yourself checked over. Call it overprotective for all I care but I don’t want you fainting at a meeting again so we’re going to try to see what is causing this health problem, okay?” The edges of her voice softened and she stepped away from the entrance, gesturing with a small flick of her tail for Rainpaw to join her. “I won’t be stern with you if you just listen to simple instructions and let me check over you alright? I just want the best for you and this is how it’s happening.”

A tiny sideways glance was shot at Rainy to make sure he was listening and not sneaking out of the den again. “I need you to tell me how you’re feeling because that’s how we’ll find the root of this problem.”

[ @Bean – Rainpaw ]