Old 01-13-2018, 02:18 PM

My Mood: Devilish
Koins: 22,838

Default Re: WindClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero to Hero View Post
@2018 Okapi
@Mystical

(Sorry for any confusion, I wasn't expecting to be a part of this plot but since it's the site-wide plot I have to participate. We can timeskip and have Surge come back as if he had already went and returned. Is that alright?)

[Okay that makes more sense, and yes it's totally fine <3 I assume you mean that Oriole would have seen everything happen, I'll just twist that into my post]
Old 01-14-2018, 08:51 PM
Clexa Trash

My Mood: Mellow
Koins: 7,804

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical View Post

[Okay that makes more sense, and yes it's totally fine <3 I assume you mean that Oriole would have seen everything happen, I'll just twist that into my post]
Surgestorm returned later in the evening, the sun soon to be dipping below the horizon. He actually hadn't been gone long, maybe only an hour or so, but he was absolutely drained - physically and, especially, emotionally. His grey paws, stained darker from Rabbitpounce's blood, dragged along the floor as he entered his den slowly. There had been nothing he could do to save the warrior, and that always made his mood plummet. But the underlying fact was that Surgestorm's failure to save this warrior meant that WindClan was definitely going to war - there was no way to change the clan's mind now. And war... war was a medicine cat's worst fear. He sighed deeply, looking around and expecting to find the mess he had left in a hurry just a little while ago. However, he was surprised to find that the den actually seemed clean. Squinting into the darkness, he saw movement near his herb storage. "Oriolekit?" He guessed accurately by the scent, his voice soft as to not startle her. The tom would never had guessed that the kitten who had messed up his den in the first place would stay to clean up the mess she had created. Did Yellowpaw stay as well?

Character Site

#ZELM2k17
Old 01-15-2018, 08:32 AM

@Zero to Hero @2018 Okapi
Oriolekit stopped and looked up as Surgestorm entered. Fear shone in her tiny kit eyes. Though Yellowpaw had tried to comfort her, the attempts had only made her less likely to freak out. She had not freaked out, and she had cleaned the mess she had made all except for the bedding. Oriolekit had heard the latest gossip in the nursery, it was all about how ThunderClan was terrible and how they were probably going to war. Even her and her brother sometimes played ThunderClan and WindClan. He always got to be the WindClan cat. "Surgestorm, what's happening?" She asked, trying to sound as confident as possible when she was really terrified. The female warrior had said something about injured, and something about ThunderClan. Yellowpaw had said ThunderClan wouldn't attack the nursery. Putting everything together Oriolekit had decided that they might be going to war with ThunderClan, but she needed Surgestorm to confirm it.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:13 AM
Clexa Trash

Quote:

@Zero to Hero @2018 Okapi
Oriolekit stopped and looked up as Surgestorm entered. Fear shone in her tiny kit eyes. Though Yellowpaw had tried to comfort her, the attempts had only made her less likely to freak out. She had not freaked out, and she had cleaned the mess she had made all except for the bedding. Oriolekit had heard the latest gossip in the nursery, it was all about how ThunderClan was terrible and how they were probably going to war. Even her and her brother sometimes played ThunderClan and WindClan. He always got to be the WindClan cat. "Surgestorm, what's happening?" She asked, trying to sound as confident as possible when she was really terrified. The female warrior had said something about injured, and something about ThunderClan. Yellowpaw had said ThunderClan wouldn't attack the nursery. Putting everything together Oriolekit had decided that they might be going to war with ThunderClan, but she needed Surgestorm to confirm it.
Surgestorm moved closer to the kit, his eyes adjusting to the darkness with every passing second. After a few moments of silence, his gaze met her fearful one. He didn't understand why she was scared at first - he wasn't going to punish her after she cleaned up her own mess. Yellow orbs searched pass her to his herb storage, finding it fairly neat. A few similar looking herbs were grouped together, but it was a good job for such an unexperienced kitten. She spoke first, and his gaze snapped back up towards hers at her question, looking startled. I forgot, she witnessed all of that... The medicine cat knew that there was rumors floating around, and certainly Blazingstar was going to announce this from the breezerock eventually. Would it really be okay for me to tell her..? Certainly, she would hear it eventually, but a large part of him just wanted to tell her because he thought she deserved to know. "There was a skirmish at the border. I'm not sure if they lost any cats, but one of our warriors... they didn't make it," Surgestorm spoke softly, his voice gentle despite speaking such drastic news. "Tensions are already high between us and ThunderClan, so this certainly means there is going to be a battle. Blazingstar and his advisors are going to plan to launch an attack on ThunderClan." His heart ached at the words he spoke aloud, already able to imagine the pain both sides would experience from this. He reached past the kitten and slowly sorted the mixed pile of herbs into two separate piles, finding the familiar action soothing.

Character Site

#ZELM2k17

Last edited by Zero to Hero; 01-15-2018 at 10:17 AM.
Old 01-15-2018, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero to Hero View Post

Surgestorm moved closer to the kit, his eyes adjusting to the darkness with every passing second. After a few moments of silence, his gaze met her fearful one. He didn't understand why she was scared at first - he wasn't going to punish her after she cleaned up her own mess. Yellow orbs searched pass her to his herb storage, finding it fairly neat. A few similar looking herbs were grouped together, but it was a good job for such an unexperienced kitten. She spoke first, and his gaze snapped back up towards hers at her question, looking startled. I forgot, she witnessed all of that... The medicine cat knew that there was rumors floating around, and certainly Blazingstar was going to announce this from the breezerock eventually. Would it really be okay for me to tell her..? Certainly, she would hear it eventually, but a large part of him just wanted to tell her because he thought she deserved to know. "There was a skirmish at the border. I'm not sure if they lost any cats, but one of our warriors... they didn't make it," Surgestorm spoke softly, his voice gentle despite speaking such drastic news. "Tensions are already high between us and ThunderClan, so this certainly means there is going to be a battle. Blazingstar and his advisors are going to plan to launch an attack on ThunderClan." His heart ached at the words he spoke aloud, already able to imagine the pain both sides would experience from this. He reached past the kitten and slowly sorted the mixed pile of herbs into two separate piles, finding the familiar action soothing.

Oriolekit just sat where she was, trying her best to comprehend everything she had just heard. She had guessed most of it before hand, but it still was a shock to the older kit. She flicked her tortoiseshell tail behind her, trying to calm herself. She was haunted by one word. War. War meant fighting, death and devastation. Oriolekit had never planned her future life, never dreamed of being leader or deputy or even the best warrior ever. She had just thought that she would be any normal warrior, grow up, have a family whatever. She hadn't cared. But warriors fought, warriors suffered. Warriors killed. Her mind flashed to a battle field and she shivered. She knew it probably wasn't good that a kit had been exposed to the fact there had been a skirmish and there was probably going to be a big battle, but she had asked, and she was good with that. She had wanted to know, and she had expected the answer to be bad. She couldn't loose her mother because her mother was a queen, but anything could happen to her father. She didn't even know him. Suddenly Oriolekit decided she had to find her father. But before that happened, she needed to pester her mother until she found out enough about him to find him. "Surgestorm, may I leave?" She asked, knowing that she didn't need to ask permission, but asking made her feel better.
Old 01-16-2018, 04:34 PM
Clexa Trash

Quote:

Oriolekit just sat where she was, trying her best to comprehend everything she had just heard. She had guessed most of it before hand, but it still was a shock to the older kit. She flicked her tortoiseshell tail behind her, trying to calm herself. She was haunted by one word. War. War meant fighting, death and devastation. Oriolekit had never planned her future life, never dreamed of being leader or deputy or even the best warrior ever. She had just thought that she would be any normal warrior, grow up, have a family whatever. She hadn't cared. But warriors fought, warriors suffered. Warriors killed. Her mind flashed to a battle field and she shivered. She knew it probably wasn't good that a kit had been exposed to the fact there had been a skirmish and there was probably going to be a big battle, but she had asked, and she was good with that. She had wanted to know, and she had expected the answer to be bad. She couldn't loose her mother because her mother was a queen, but anything could happen to her father. She didn't even know him. Suddenly Oriolekit decided she had to find her father. But before that happened, she needed to pester her mother until she found out enough about him to find him. "Surgestorm, may I leave?" She asked, knowing that she didn't need to ask permission, but asking made her feel better.
(Sorry for the short post, writers block)

Surgestorm paused in his sorting of herbs and studied Oriolekit's face, trying to decide if he had made a mistake in telling her this news. However, she actually seemed to take it very well considering she was so young. "Uh, yeah," He meowed, moving out of her way. "You're welcome to go whenever you want." The medicine cat turned back to his herbs, gently moving things around. "Thanks for cleaning up, Oriolekit. I appreciate it," He mewed sincerely, looking over to her over his shoulder with a sad smile.

Character Site

#ZELM2k17

Last edited by Zero to Hero; 01-16-2018 at 04:35 PM.