Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Beachpaw's Training
Last post by Fawn
Today 02:53 AM
Rate the Avatar!
by blxze.
Last post by hermeswind
Today 02:31 AM
well that didn't go as...
by Myling
Last post by Myling
Today 02:21 AM
How's your pfp?
Last post by CrimsonOaks
Today 02:05 AM

Old January 1st, 2018, 11:17 AM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: Sprocket and Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluBunnie View Post
"Good and your nose is very important when hunting. Onc you get more experience you'll be able to tell which scents are the freshest or closest to you." He mewed. "We will start off with the mice, they're the easiest and we can work up from there. We can practice on rocks first if you'd like."
Hunter nodded,” Alright.” He meowed I wonder if my guard skills will be useful in hunting.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old January 1st, 2018, 05:05 PM
In ConstantState of Tired

My Mood: Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2018 Okapi View Post
Hunter nodded,” Alright.” He meowed I wonder if my guard skills will be useful in hunting.
Sprocket found a nice sized rock, "This might seem ridiculous at first but trust me, it helps a lot." He said. "I didn't grow up in the wild so I was taught all this as well." He added. "Now when hunting mice or any prey, mar sure you stay downwind, most prey have sensitive noses to smell out predators like us." Sprocket moved downwind of the rock and crouched. "You'll crouch like this, keep your tail off the ground. When stalking you'll keep your paw steps light." He said. He began to stalk towards the rock, he kept low but his belly and tail barely touched the ground.

If you'd like to interact with Onyxwhisper, please PM or visitor message me!

Old January 1st, 2018, 07:28 PM
5,445 posts on old site

Quote:
Sprocket found a nice sized rock, "This might seem ridiculous at first but trust me, it helps a lot." He said. "I didn't grow up in the wild so I was taught all this as well." He added. "Now when hunting mice or any prey, mar sure you stay downwind, most prey have sensitive noses to smell out predators like us." Sprocket moved downwind of the rock and crouched. "You'll crouch like this, keep your tail off the ground. When stalking you'll keep your paw steps light." He said. He began to stalk towards the rock, he kept low but his belly and tail barely touched the ground.
Hunter nodded and dropped into the crouch he demonstated, he was downwind, as he himself could have figured out, he was a little to high up, and he was swishing his tail on the ground. He glanced up at Sprocket, not quite sure if he should be stalking yet.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old January 1st, 2018, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Hunter nodded and dropped into the crouch he demonstated, he was downwind, as he himself could have figured out, he was a little to high up, and he was swishing his tail on the ground. He glanced up at Sprocket, not quite sure if he should be stalking yet.
Sprocket stood and trotted towards Hunter, "Go just a bit lower, but not enough to where your belly touched the ground. Don't move your tail, it'll alert the prey. Try stalking a bit." He mewed.

Old January 1st, 2018, 07:41 PM
5,445 posts on old site

Quote:
Sprocket stood and trotted towards Hunter, "Go just a bit lower, but not enough to where your belly touched the ground. Don't move your tail, it'll alert the prey. Try stalking a bit." He mewed.
Hunter was a little suprised he wasn’t getting a claw across the face for his mistake loners are different, oh well... he got himself much lower and got his tail up and off the ground holding it still before he took an awkward loud step then some quieter ones, but not that quiet.

Old January 3rd, 2018, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Hunter was a little suprised he wasn’t getting a claw across the face for his mistake loners are different, oh well... he got himself much lower and got his tail up and off the ground holding it still before he took an awkward loud step then some quieter ones, but not that quiet.
"Hmm not bad, with a bit of practice you could get better!"He mewed. "Now I'll show you how to catch the prey." He cooed. The mottled tom returned to his spot, got into his hunters crouch and quietly began to stalk the rock. Once he got a tail length away from the rock, he stopped and waited. "Also wait a moment before jumping into a catch, the noise from the pounce could scare off the prey and they could run just before you catch them." He said. After bunching up his muscles the tom pounced, almost silently onto the rock. "Now you try." He said encouragingly.

Old January 3rd, 2018, 03:00 PM
5,445 posts on old site

Quote:
"Hmm not bad, with a bit of practice you could get better!"He mewed. "Now I'll show you how to catch the prey." He cooed. The mottled tom returned to his spot, got into his hunters crouch and quietly began to stalk the rock. Once he got a tail length away from the rock, he stopped and waited. "Also wait a moment before jumping into a catch, the noise from the pounce could scare off the prey and they could run just before you catch them." He said. After bunching up his muscles the tom pounced, almost silently onto the rock. "Now you try." He said encouragingly.
Hunter gave him a small nod, wondering why a tom who was doing well on his own, chose to help him out, did he want something in exchange, but what. Hunter shook away the thought and focused on hunting, he dropped into his close to perfect crouch before stalking forward a wee bit to loud, before making a pounce directly in front of the rock, as he didn't wish to injure his paws on the rock.

Old January 3rd, 2018, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Hunter gave him a small nod, wondering why a tom who was doing well on his own, chose to help him out, did he want something in exchange, but what. Hunter shook away the thought and focused on hunting, he dropped into his close to perfect crouch before stalking forward a wee bit to loud, before making a pounce directly in front of the rock, as he didn't wish to injure his paws on the rock.
"Nice job! You'll probably wanna try landin' on the prey next time." He joked. "You were a bit loud though, would you mind trying a few more times nd then we can get to actually huntin'?" He said.

Old January 4th, 2018, 11:11 AM
5,445 posts on old site

Quote:
"Nice job! You'll probably wanna try landin' on the prey next time." He joked. "You were a bit loud though, would you mind trying a few more times nd then we can get to actually huntin'?" He said.
He shook his head in agreement, and dropped into a hunter’s crouch and stalked forward carefully, taking more effort in his steps, but they still were a little bit loud before he lept forward and hit the rock falling on his back, shaking snow off his fur,” I messed up the pounce, yeah...” Hunter mumbled.

Old January 4th, 2018, 08:07 PM

Quote:
He shook his head in agreement, and dropped into a hunter’s crouch and stalked forward carefully, taking more effort in his steps, but they still were a little bit loud before he lept forward and hit the rock falling on his back, shaking snow off his fur,” I messed up the pounce, yeah...” Hunter mumbled.
"You'll get better at it, why don't we try with actual prey? I'm sure you're practically starving." He chuckled.