by BEAR.
Last post by Marigoldwhisper
Today 05:37 AM

Old October 12th, 2020, 05:53 PM
i am kenough

Default Re: RiverClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL. View Post

Lionstar called the names of his newfound army as he left the Streamstone, stopping by the camp entrance. "I want to get your training underway so we can get you your warrior names!

He had an idea of where most of them were at, but wanted to see what they wanted to do first. "We'll do whatever you're up for. You're more familiar with your training than I am." He was pretty sure some of them only needed a final or so.. but even if that was the case, he wanted to do a quick test of their skills to see if they were ready.

Plumpaw forces back an unwilling mumble as she follows Lionstar's lead. She glances at the others who were also brought about, but they all seemed quite content for some one-on-one. Just as well, she was perfectly fine with that. Her attention returns to the RiverClan leader and her tail curls over into an inquisitive hook shape.
"Well," she meows. "I tried to get the hang of fishing but haven't caught anything. And swimming so far has been a no-go. And... Honestly, I don't really know how far your territory stretches yet. I know that RiverClan absorbed what used to belong to SkyClan, so your land is way bigger. But if you asked me to list off some landmarks I could only tell you... The river that lets out over there-" Saying this, she turns her nose towards where the beach was. "- And your border with ThunderClan, which should be..."
Plumpaw trails off and looks around them, then lifts her head as if craning her neck higher would help her see all the way to the edge of the forest. "In that direction." The apprentice points, and it could be clear to the tom that she was just a sliver off the mark after trying her best to calculate their current location.
"It's not like any of it will be harder for me or anything, though," she adds with a defensively indignant huff. "That guy you sent to me tried to talk to me about the river. And I at least believe it goes in kind of like, a semi-circle around your territory? Unless there's two different rivers."
Old October 12th, 2020, 06:26 PM

My Mood: Lonely

Blizzardfang wanted to prove to Lionstar that he should be medicine cat, so he walked into the clearing and called: "Any cat sick or injured?", then sat down neatly to wait.
Old October 12th, 2020, 07:44 PM
i am kenough

The day felt bleak. It was cold, and the wind blew the wrong way occasionally. Sometimes, the sand on the ground would shift and get deep into Sassafrasfire's pelt, and maybe a bird would screech too loudly at an inconvenient time of the morning or evening. Little things that never stood out before suddenly felt enormous. The smallest irritant or mishap felt drastic. First, it was Petuniapaw. And the struggle to get over her was still relevant to the warrior's daily life, albeit less and less with the passing of time.
If only the feline had realized sooner, so that they could have done something more than what they did. If only they weren't so DAMN distant and spaced out and disconnected. Ternsky was gone, and for how long? Ternsky, their Ternsky.

Sassafrasfire hadn't had the slightest clue what grief was, or how to move through it. They didn't know what to say to who, what to do and when, they just... Kept trying to trudge through the mud like they always did. Who would see anything different when looking their way?
The feline sat in the far edge of camp overlooking a clear sandy patch, where one could sniff around for lost beetles trying to find grass again, or feathers shed from passing birds, and the occasional pebble or shell (though most of those probably disappeared to the nursery and apprentice's den by now...). Their sapphire hues were distant and blank.

[ OPEN ]
Old October 12th, 2020, 07:49 PM
nom nom chocolateee

My Mood: Unpredictable

Quote:
Originally Posted by implimm View Post
The day felt bleak. It was cold, and the wind blew the wrong way occasionally. Sometimes, the sand on the ground would shift and get deep into Sassafrasfire's pelt, and maybe a bird would screech too loudly at an inconvenient time of the morning or evening. Little things that never stood out before suddenly felt enormous. The smallest irritant or mishap felt drastic. First, it was Petuniapaw. And the struggle to get over her was still relevant to the warrior's daily life, albeit less and less with the passing of time.
If only the feline had realized sooner, so that they could have done something more than what they did. If only they weren't so DAMN distant and spaced out and disconnected. Ternsky was gone, and for how long? Ternsky, their Ternsky.

Sassafrasfire hadn't had the slightest clue what grief was, or how to move through it. They didn't know what to say to who, what to do and when, they just... Kept trying to trudge through the mud like they always did. Who would see anything different when looking their way?
The feline sat in the far edge of camp overlooking a clear sandy patch, where one could sniff around for lost beetles trying to find grass again, or feathers shed from passing birds, and the occasional pebble or shell (though most of those probably disappeared to the nursery and apprentice's den by now...). Their sapphire hues were distant and blank.

[ OPEN ]
Shadowkit noticed the other cat, looking particularly miserable. He padded over out of more curiousity than anything else. "What's wrong?" The small kit mewed.

Last edited by PEPPERMINT~; October 12th, 2020 at 07:50 PM.
Old October 12th, 2020, 08:07 PM
oyasumi

My Mood: Crazy

Quote:

[ OPEN ]

Mothshade walked around the clearing with nothing to do. No patrols to go on, the fresh kill pile was stocked with food, and his apprentice didn't seem to be avaliable. A boring, boring day. Sassafrasfire? Poor dear, didn't she lose her mate? Mothshade may have never been in love, but he knew what it was like to lose cats. "Um, hi. How you doing?"
Well, wasn't that the most awkward way to start a conversation. Do better, Mothshade.
Ravenblaze||Dragcave Ask to trade with me!

Dealing with mental health problems, replies will be slow. Bump after 48 hours. PLEASE MENTION ME OR I WILL FORGET WHAT'S GOING ON.
Old October 12th, 2020, 08:09 PM
i am kenough

A small voice. Nothing more than a meek little high-pitched murmur pulls Sassafrasfire out of their present spiral of disastrous thought. Their gaze flits down to the kit at their paws. Innocence ebbed off the kit like a startling shroud of light that almost hurt to look at. The feline tips their head down to Shadowkit. "What's wrong?" they echo.
"Is there something wrong?" They didn't know what the kit meant, perhaps they sought help? Sometimes it wasn't a good thing to be denser than a brick.
Then suddenly, another voice captures their attention. More easily this one than Shadowkit's, seeing as they were already doing their best to be attentive. Looking from the kit up to some other warrior, the feline blinks. "Uh, hi. I am... Here. How are you." Their monotonous voice likely didn't help to ease Mothshade's awkwardness, nor did it do much in their favor either. Why were they suddenly garnishing so much attention?
@Daunting Drago0n @ChillCat

Last edited by plum; October 12th, 2020 at 08:12 PM.
Old October 12th, 2020, 08:18 PM
oyasumi

"Do you think I would make a good medicine cat?" No no no! You can't talk like that. She'll think you're making it all about yourself! Leave me alone, Mother. Let me have a conversation without you butting in. "I'm trying to get Lionstar to notice me, but I don't know if he thinks I'm good enough." Because you're not. LEAVE ME ALONE MOTHER.
"Are you doing alright? You seem sad."

(The magenta voice is Mothshade's mother who constantly disapproves of him and everything he does.) @implimm

Dealing with mental health problems, replies will be slow. Bump after 48 hours. PLEASE MENTION ME OR I WILL FORGET WHAT'S GOING ON.

Last edited by ChillCat; October 12th, 2020 at 08:19 PM.
Old October 12th, 2020, 08:19 PM
nom nom chocolateee

My Mood: Unpredictable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillCat View Post
Mothshade walked around the clearing with nothing to do. No patrols to go on, the fresh kill pile was stocked with food, and his apprentice didn't seem to be avaliable. A boring, boring day. Sassafrasfire? Poor dear, didn't she lose her mate? Mothshade may have never been in love, but he knew what it was like to lose cats. "Um, hi. How you doing?"
Well, wasn't that the most awkward way to start a conversation. Do better, Mothshade.
Quote:
A small voice. Nothing more than a meek little high-pitched murmur pulls Sassafrasfire out of their present spiral of disastrous thought. Their gaze flits down to the kit at their paws. Innocence ebbed off the kit like a startling shroud of light that almost hurt to look at. The feline tips their head down to Shadowkit. "What's wrong?" they echo.
"Is there something wrong?" They didn't know what the kit meant, perhaps they sought help? Sometimes it wasn't a good thing to be denser than a brick.
Then suddenly, another voice captures their attention. More easily this one than Shadowkit's, seeing as they were already doing their best to be attentive. Looking from the kit up to some other warrior, the feline blinks. "Uh, hi. I am... Here. How are you." Their monotonous voice likely didn't help to ease Mothshade's awkwardness, nor did it do much in their favor either. Why were they suddenly garnishing so much attention?
@Daunting Drago0n @ChillCat
"Are you sad?" Shadowkit mewed, gazing up at the older warrior. They certainly looked upset, the reason however was unclear.
Old October 12th, 2020, 09:15 PM
i am kenough

"I am..." They trail off, genuinely unsure of what to say to the kit. Was this twisted, knotting feeling sadness? It didn't feel that... easy.
"No, I don't believe I am," they meow finally, gravelly voice quiet but sure. "Thank you for your concern though. What about you?" Maybe it was strange to ask a kit you'd never spoken to before if they were sad, but Sassafrasfire wasn't ever really that socially adept anyway. They glance from the kitten back to Mothshade, indicating that the question (and their preceding answer) was also directed at him.
"Also... I don't think Lionstar notices a lot of cats besides the ones he cares about. It's not about being good enough, it's about being useful to him. He's a fine leader, but he values hard work more than an outgoing personality." They spoke matter-of-factly, despite their words merely being opinion-based. The feline shrugs. "And I don't know if you'll be a good medicine cat. I don't really know you at all, and warriors can't learn too many herbs and remedies so anything any of us do know, is no better than the next cat. Didn't Fawnsqueak hold some open attendance classes?"
@Daunting Drago0n, @ChillCat
Old October 12th, 2020, 09:27 PM
oyasumi

(Mothshade didn't exist when those classes were running rip) "Yeah, but I was too sick to be able to go. I figured it was at least worth applying. I do know a biy about herbs from when I was a kit. I'm really sorry about your mate. What happened?" @implimm

Last edited by ChillCat; October 12th, 2020 at 09:27 PM.